Fitness Videos - July Turbo Fire & More Check-In

View Full Version : July Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Diana3271
06-30-2012, 11:25 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month!

TurboLaura
06-30-2012, 11:57 PM
YAY, thanks for starting this! Had 2 great workouts today and looking forward to doing Stretch 40 for the first time on Sunday. Thanks, Diana, for your suggestion. I'll make Sundays my stretch/yoga day!

Diana3271
07-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Laura Keep up the great work! :cheer3:

Taheetee
07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
July, geez! Where the devil did June go? ;)

Yesterday I knelt down and my right quad felt like it ripped in two, so there was no cardio to speak of. I did about 20 minutes of pushups and ab work. They feel much better today so I think a light run will be in order (very light, and very late, it's gonna be over 100 degrees today!)

Diana3271
07-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Taheetee Take it easy with that quad! Stay safe in those high temps. Remember to hydrate!

TurboLaura
07-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Taheetee - take it easy! That sounds like a nasty injury and you're smart to train around it. VERY fast June, I agree!

Take care all.

teacher1
07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
tahe- feel better

My feet are getting a few blisters I think from burning them Thurs on the porch. So learned my lesson not to walk on the porch in 100 degree weather barefoot! today- swimming

Diana3271
07-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Where did the weekend go?

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/12's

Taheetee
07-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Hey y'all! Thanks for your concern, my leg seems to be much better :D

Check in: yesterday was too hot with too much thunder to exercise outside, so I did P90X Cardio X to get a nice mix up. Didn't sweat as much as I do with TF, but my legs are more sore today so I guess it did something! (sore in a good way, I was careful with the quad)

TurboLaura
07-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Hello ladies! Glad you're feeling better Taheetee!

Today starts my week 8 of Turbo fire and I'm scheduled for Fire 45EZ. Love this workout - actually I love them all!

Heading for the beach to wear a bathing suit in front of others for the first time in years...wish me luck!

teacher1
07-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Laura- have fun at the beach... Fire 45ez is my favorite

today- elip 30 min and 30 min walk on treadmill

Diana3271
07-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I had a busy day, so this is a late post.

Check-In: Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

TF 45 EZ is my favorite, too!

TurboLaura
07-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Hello everyone! Do you have plans for the week? We have a few small cook outs and some nice fireworks at a local University, so it should be a good week! I'm nervous about all the junk I'm going to be around....just can't touch anything or else I'll eat waaaaaay too much! I'm taking bean burgers (I'm a vegetarian) to the cookouts and a protein bar to the fireworks so I can have something to enjoy there.
I'm really hoping for 155 on the dot tomorrow!
Keep up the workouts, ladies!

Since I'm in recovery week, I'm scheduled for Fire 45 EZ again today! NO COMPLAINTS! Love this workout and totally blasted through it last night.

Taheetee
07-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Yesterday I didn't get around to working out, oops....

Today I did Fire 45, my first time doing the full one not the EZ one. I laughed so hard when she played "Boom I Got Your Boyfriend" that I could barely do the moves, lol! Trying to do it on carpet is taking a toll on my knees though :(

teacher1
07-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Laura- we're going to my parents tomorrow for a cookout, swim, and fireworks

today- elip 30 min & walk treadmill 30 min

Diana3271
07-04-2012, 12:32 AM

I got home late tonight and had a really busy day. We are going out of town this weekend.

Check-In: 4 Rounds from Susan Chung's RapidFire Results w/weighted gloves

TurboLaura
07-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Hello ladies!! :wave:

Good job with all of your workouts!! Is you leg still better, Taheetee??

Diana, I hope that you have a nice weekend away. How have you been feeling?

Today is a great day as I'm down to 155 :) I'll be doing Fire 30 and Core 20 BEFORE I head to a cookout. This will be my first time preparing a dessert since December when I was over 200 pounds...no tasting :)

Diana3271
07-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Happy Independence Day!

Laura Thank you for asking. :hug: I'm doing fine. Still having my moments, though. My "moments" normally revolve around having to take care of my Mom business or finalizing business, (like Social Security, etc). She was not very organized, so things are a little more difficult for me. I am used to being more organized, so I am out of my element with the way she did things. It will take time, but I will get things done. Good luck at the cookout! Stay strong against the dessert. Try a small piece and enjoy it. If it doesn't work out like that, don't forget, tomorrow is a new day. Get right back on track and you will be just fine. Enjoy your day.

teacher1
07-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Laura- congrats on the new low

Diana- have a great trip

today- elip 30 min & walk 30 min on treadmill

:flame:Happy 4th of July :dancer: Off to my parents to celebrate. Everyone have a fun & safe day :carrot:

lisa34t
07-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Hello Ladies, Im thinking of trying Turbo Fire. Any comments, ratings or suggestions? Thanks

Laura- thats sounds like a challenge for me, I have to taste everything I eat! Which is one of the reasons im where im at! Good luck and good job!

Diana3271
07-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:

No workout to post. We decided to drive out to my Mom's house (50 miles) to make sure everything was OK there. She has always had good neighbors, right around her. They have always kept an eye on the house and her. I still like to check on the house every week or two. The house is in the country and country folk tend to talk. When Mama first passed, I made sure I told the "right" people that all of the valuables had been removed from the house. I'm hoping this along with the neighbors keeping watch, will prevent anyone from breaking into the house. Then we drove 80 miles the other way to my CPA's house. I took my monthly books to her since we won't be back to work until Monday. After all of that driving, DH and went to eat dinner and then to the movies. I had some free passes that I could use. Are you ready for this? . . . . . . We went to see Magic Mike. :D This was definitely not a kiddie movie or for ones that are offended with language. We wanted to see something funny. We heard this movie was funny. I was aware of the language and adult content up front, so I was ok with that. It was funny, although it was not absolutely hilarious. I'm glad I had free passes, so it was worth my time. ;) I had never heard of Tatum Channing before now. He's definitely a hottie. ;) Mathew McConaughey isn't hard on the eye's either. Of course DH was the only male in there. :D

lisa34t Hi and Welcome! :wave: I think TF is a great cardio program. I have had it since it came out and still enjoy it. Now I rotate it with other workouts, but I still do a TF workout a couple times a week.

lisa34t
07-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Diana Thanks, Im really moving towards Turbo Fire, because I cant do the same work out everyday like the shred. Yes, Tatum is hott, but Im from Louisiana and its just something about Matthews southern accent and gooooood looks that make me melt! Whew!!!!!!

TurboLaura
07-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Good Morning, ladies!! :wave: Welcome, Lisa!

I just love Turbo Fire and think that it's the best workout available. I'm currently in week 8 but I also did 19 weeks of Turbo Jam first. Turbo Fire is extremely effective and intense! I just completed Fire 30 and Core 20.

Magic Mike, eh, Diana!!! Good for you! I have to say that they are all quite sexy but I like Joe M. (not sure how to spell that long name!) and also, I agree Lisa, that accent and face, abs...oh boy is Matthew handsome :drool:

I made it through the cookout and through making devil's food cookies without tasting a thing! Ate only raw veggies and my bean burger (no bun). WAAHOO! Teacher, was your 4th fun?

Take care all!

TurboLaura
07-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Hello ladies! Yesterday I did Fire 45 EZ and will do the same today! This is the last day of my recovery week so I start a new intense cycle on Monday!!

Hope that you are all well :)

teacher1
07-07-2012, 11:48 AM
laura- my 4th was a blast. Great job on eating so healthy on the 4th.

lisa- welcome

diana- your husband must be such a good sport... mine would never cooperate for a movie like magic mike

I was in Iowa the last 2 days for family stuff and now in Illinois for my step father's high school reunion today. Tomorrow we head back to Kansas. I'm ready to be home and workout. Everyone have a great weekend. I'll be back Monday :)

TurboLaura
07-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Teacher, glad that you had a great 4th and I hope that you're weekend was good, too!! Thanks for the praise!

I took Saturday off from working out as I felt really tired so today I'll be doing Fire 45 EZ and Core 20. I start a new rotation tomorrow in week 9 and I'm excited! I've been taking photos every 4 weeks and the difference is amazing. Most recent 4 weeks I lost 2 inches off my hips and 3 off each thigh! Gotta love Turbo Fire!

Have a great day, all!

Diana3271
07-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I'm back!

We had a great time. I swam every day that we were out of town. I'll get back to my workouts tomorrow.

teacher1
07-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Diana- glad you had a good trip

So happy to be back home :)

today- elip 30 min & 30 min walk treadmill

Diana3271
07-09-2012, 05:46 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

TurboLaura
07-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Welcome home, Diana! Congrats on swimming and I hope that you had a nice trip.

Check in: Turbo Fire Greatest Hiits (new 20 minute hiit workout) and Scuplt 30, Awesome workouts!

Have a great day :)

Diana3271
07-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Welcome home, Diana! Congrats on swimming and I hope that you had a nice trip.

Check in: Turbo Fire Greatest Hiits (new 20 minute hiit workout) and Scuplt 30, Awesome workouts!

Have a great day :)

Thank you! Yes, we had a great time! How did you like the new workout? I know there are a few new ones. Did you get any others?

teacher1
07-10-2012, 06:53 PM
hi everyone :)

today- TF Fire 30 & walk 30 min treadmill

EmilyLarnder
07-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Today: HIIT 25.

TurboLaura
07-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Hello ladies!!

Today: Fire 45 and An Ignitor. Diana, this is also another new one and it's awesome!! Greatest Hiits is a compilation of all the hiit workouts. It's very good :)

Take care all!

teacher1
07-11-2012, 02:36 PM
today- TF Fire 45ez & 30 min walk on treadmill

Diana3271
07-11-2012, 11:38 PM

Check-In: Guillermo Gomez's Kickboxing Cardio Burn w/weighted gloves

Laura Thanks for the info on the new workouts.

TurboLaura
07-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Hello ladies!! :wave:

Nice job with all of the workouts today!

Fire 30 for me :)

Have a great night!!

lisa34t
07-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Hello everyone! Turbo Fire has been ordered! Supposed to be here tomorrow with ********** trail! Im excited.

teacher1
07-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Let is know how you like it Lisa :)

today- swimming

TurboLaura
07-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Yay Lisa!! ********** and Turbo Fire are awesome!

Hiit 25 and Tone 30 for me today! :)

Diana3271
07-12-2012, 06:09 PM

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/12's

I did something totally crazy today! :D Are you ready for this? :D I booked me and DH for a cruise! A CRUISE! :D I can't believe I did it! This will be the first one for me. DH went on one when he graduated HS. A cruise! Me on a cruise! :D :D :D

lisa34t Yay, for you! :carrot:

teacher1
07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Diana- ah, how fun! Where and when are you going?

Diana3271
07-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Teacher We are leaving Christmas day. That probably sounds odd, but I think it will be really good for me. This will be the first Christmas without my Mom. A friend of mine did the same thing after she lost her Dad. She booked a cruise for her family, along with her Mom the first Christmas. I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but didn't want to drive all the way to Florida. Carnival has been in Charleston for the last few years, but I have had one thing after another going on. I lost my Dad, last year I lost my dog, and this year I lost my Mom. I am done! I have had enough of this insanity! I am going on a cruise! We are going to the Bahamas. It's a 5 day cruise. I even splurged on the balcony suite. :D

teacher1
07-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Teacher We are leaving Christmas day. That probably sounds odd, but I think it will be really good for me. This will be the first Christmas without my Mom. A friend of mine did the same thing after she lost her Dad. She booked a cruise for her family, along with her Mom the first Christmas. I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but didn't want to drive all the way to Florida. Carnival has been in Charleston for the last few years, but I have had one thing after another going on. I lost my Dad, last year I lost my dog, and this year I lost my Mom. I am done! I have had enough of this insanity! I am going on a cruise! We are going to the Bahamas. It's a 5 day cruise. I even splurged on the balcony suite. :D

That sounds wonderful :carrot: We had traveled a few times on Christmas to Disney World because tickets are cheaper on Christmas day. I've always wanted to go to the Bahamas. So excited for you. You deserve it :dance:

TurboLaura
07-13-2012, 11:12 AM
WAAAHOOO, Diana! I'm so happy and proud of you for taking care of yourself! This will be a fabulous trip! I've heard nothing but great things about cruises. YAY! You've had a lot going on with all of the significant losses in your life and you really need this. What a wonderful adventure to look forward to! The Bahamas are beautiful and the water is so clear.

Today I'm scheduled for Fire 55EZ. Love this workout! I've also been chatting with Jenelle, Chalene's sister on FB about her workouts and routines! I was shocked that she actually wrote back but she's super friendly and sharing her own workouts. It's so cool :) See you all tomorrow!

teacher1
07-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Laura- that's cool that you're chatting with Jenelle

today- TF Fire 55ez & swimming

Diana3271
07-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Hi Everyone! TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks so much about the trip! I can't wait! Although, I posted this on another check in of mine. :rofl:

I hope I don't get sea sick. I haven't in the past when I have been on boats, fair rides, etc. But you never know. I will be the one person that gets sea sick, MRSA, staph, the bird flu, the swine flue, food poisoning, I will have a room with bed bugs, and I will fall off my private balcony. I am trying really hard not to think about all the crazy things that can happen to me in this 5 day trip. :lol:

Check-In:
1000 Jump Ropes
TF 45 w/weighted gloves

Fun workout today!

Laura That's exciting about you talking to Janelle. I always liked her in TJ and TF.

TurboLaura
07-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Diana, you're too funny! You'll have a great time and everything will be fine :) I've been told that the sea sick patches are very helpful.

Nice job with the workouts, ladies!!! I ended up taking yesterday off because I was just exhausted and very sore. Today I;ll do Fire 55EZ and do today's scheduled workout tomorrow!

Take care all!

teacher1
07-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Diana- I agree with Laura about the patches but get them before you get on the ship. My DH and I waited and they were sold out. So we used the pills which did help in the beginning getting our sea legs. I did drink wine one night that caused a little sea sickness for me. I amazed at how some people can party up a storm on a cruise.

today- TF Fire 45

Diana3271
07-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Thanks for the suggestion of the patches. I will look into them.

Check-in: TF Fire 60

TurboLaura
07-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Hello ladies!

Today I did Hiit 20 and Sculpt 30. Great workouts :)

I went to a party last night and avoided ALL junk! It was easy to do because I actually had 4 people not recognize me and 4 day "oh my god! is that you??" Excellent feeling :)

Have a great day, ladies!

teacher1
07-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Laura- way to go!!!!

today- elip 30 min & 20 min walk on treadmill

Diana3271
07-15-2012, 10:14 PM

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/15's

Who's bright idea was it to use 15's? :lol: I need to go back to my old lazy ways.

Diana3271
07-16-2012, 03:24 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Boxing/Cardio premix w/weighted gloves)
KCM's 30 MTF TLC (Coffey Fit Blend premix w/weighted gloves)

Whew, that was a tough combo!

teacher1
07-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Diana- you've been killing it!

today- elip 30 min & TF Fire 30

TurboLaura
07-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Diana, awesome job with the workouts!!! :bravo:

Teacher - nice job with the workouts :) :carrot:

Today I did Greatest hiits and Tone 30. Excellent workouts and I ate well. I allowed myself a small serving of sugar free ice cream and real hot fudge last night. WOW was is tasty! Not bloated or anything today and got right back on track!

Take care all :)

teacher1
07-17-2012, 05:49 PM
No workout today- a real mess here with getting a new roof.. so over it and it only started this afternoon :(

Diana3271
07-17-2012, 06:13 PM

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/15's
ETA: I added on 1000 jump ropes

Teacher Hang in there with the roof. I know it's frustrating. You did a great workout yesterday!

Laura Good job in enjoying the treats in moderation. It's so hard for me to do that.

TurboLaura
07-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Hello all!! :wave:

Fire 45 tonight - my favorite workout!!! Have a fun day planned with my husband tomorrow :) YAY!

teacher1
07-18-2012, 12:38 PM
today- swimming

lisa34t
07-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone! I got TF in on Monday, jumped right in yesterday with hitt 25, because I left my starter pack at home. I will do my work out at the our family restaurant after hours since i live upstairs. It was intense and of course I dont have the moves yet , but I like it. Gonna do the starter class and stretch 10 today.

Diana3271
07-18-2012, 11:16 PM

Check-In TF Fire 60

lisa34t Good job on the HIIT 25!

teacher1
07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Lisa- way to get started :)

today- swimming.... still chilling at my parents while we get a new roof

Diana3271
07-19-2012, 06:22 PM

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/12's & weighted gloves

I have been struggling witht he 15's. Someone in another check-in suggested that I use 12 along with weighted gloves. The 12's & weighted gloves was so much more doable and less dread! This worked out perfect.

RRB2
07-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Hi ladies! :wave: Diana!
Just dropping in to say hi.
I'm doing another program now (strength intervals mostly, I just love 'em, weights), but using TF for cardio occasionally - did TF 45 w/weighted gloves on Tue.
Keep pushing play :carrot:

Diana3271
07-19-2012, 10:18 PM
RRB2 Hi :wave: Good to see you. I don't know if you are checking in else where. If not, you can still check-in here. We do a variety of workouts.

TurboLaura
07-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Hello ladies!!!!

Welcome Lisa and BRB2! :wave: WELCOME!

Way to go Diana with changing up your workout! Nice post vaca weight loss too!

Nice job ladies with working out! I took yesterday for a rest day as we were in NYC for the entire day - left the house at 6AM and home at midnight. I've had a long day working but will do Fire 30 at about 10:30!! Glad it's summer and I have tomorrow off :)

Take care ladies and keep up the great work :cheer:

teacher1
07-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Laura- sounds like a fun day

Diana- great plan on the weights and gloves

today- swimming... still chilling at the parents.. fingers crossed for the roof to get done today

Diana3271
07-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: Have a great weekend!

Check-In:
500 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

TurboLaura Were you in NYC for fun?

teacher1 Swimming and chilling sounds awesome!

TurboLaura
07-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Hello ladies!!

Nice job working out everyone! Today I did Fire 55EZ. Love it!
Hi Diana, yes we went to NYC for the day to hang out and see a show. Lots of fun and my hubby loves it!

Teacher, I hope that your roof is completed soon :)

Diana3271
07-21-2012, 09:01 PM

Check-In: 5 Mile Mall Walk

teacher1
07-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Roof done... just a few little things.. like the staining the patio

today- TF Fire 45ez

teacher1
07-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Happy Sunday!!

today- TF Fire 55ez

TurboLaura
07-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Happy Sunday, everyone! Ended up taking today off - feeling a little under the weather and stressed. Unfortunately, ended up eating some off plan foods...ugh. Back on track tomorrow for sure!

Diana3271
07-22-2012, 10:43 PM

Check-In: Project You Full Body Circuit w/12's + weighted gloves

Teacher Good job on those workouts!

Laura I hope you feel better quickly. :hug:

lisa34t
07-22-2012, 11:57 PM
I have been doing HIIT 20& 25 and love them. I did Fire 30 today and I must say I seemed all over the place. The moves seemed difficult and complex . I don't think I will do it often.

Updating from my phone, cant say much. I just had to share my disappointment with others. Gonna attempt Fire 45 tomorrow...excuse any typos plz

TurboLaura
07-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Hello ladies! :wave:

Feel great today but a bit of a sick belly from eating off plan foods! I'm sure that some of you can relate to that. Thanks for asking, Diana. :)

Awesome workouts, ladies!!

Lisa, you will get it! Give it some time and I promise it will feel much easier!!

Hiit 25 and scuplt 30 today. This feels like the hardest hitt to me, even harder than hiit 30...

Have a great day!!

Diana3271
07-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
1000 Jump Ropes
Cathe's MMA Boxing + Heavy Bag Workout w/weighted gloves

lisa34t I'm sorry that you are struggling with TF Fire 30. Are you doing the "New To Class" option? It should help with learing the moves.

Laura I have heard of 3 other people having tummy issues. I wonder if you have a bug like them. It sounds like something is going around.

teacher1
07-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone-

today- elip 30 min

teacher1
07-24-2012, 04:51 PM
today- swimming

TurboLaura
07-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Hello all!

Today's check in: Fire 45 and Ab ignitor - :D

Diana3271
07-24-2012, 05:18 PM

Diana3271
07-25-2012, 10:21 AM

I think someone in here was doing Insanity. I don't recall who it was. I posted this in the Insanity thread. What are your thoughts on this?

Does most people add in extra weight training with the Insanity workouts? If so, how do you add it in? My most recent rotation consists of 4 days of cardio and 3 days of heavier, full body weight training (circuit). A friend has loaned me her Insanity workouts. I have always loved cardio and have been a big fan of Turbo Fire. I am really trying to maintain/add extra muscle, so I want to keep up with my weight training.

Maybe I can keep doing the rotation I was doing, but with Insanity workouts. I can do 4 days of Insanity and 3 days of full body weight training (circuits). Or do you think the Insanity workouts have enough strength training with the body weight exercises?

ETA: Here is a similar question from the Team BB site: http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/38032841

This is what one poster said:
My understanding from Steve Edwards statements, is that you can go thru the 60 days of Insanity without affecting your muscle growth to date. But after that you would need to do P90x again.

Diana3271
07-25-2012, 05:37 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 60

teacher1
07-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Diana- no help here... never used Insanity. Hope someone can help with advice.

today- swimming

TurboLaura
07-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Hello all!!

Check in: Fire 30 and Ab ignitor!

Diana, I've never done Insanity but my husband has. He says that it's intense cardio with lots of body weight lifting, push ups. Lots and lots of push ups. He doesn't think Insanity has enough lifting - that's why he loves P90X and P90X2. I think creating a hybrid is a great idea. Maybe try just Insanity for 2 weeks and see what you think??

Take care ladies! Thanks for your support. Hoping for 152 on Sat...the scale hasn't moved in 20 days!! I've been eating some off plan foods once a week and I know that's what did it. I've been back on track 100% and hope to see SOME movement :)

teacher1
07-26-2012, 12:57 PM
today- swimming

TurboLaura
07-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Hello ladies!!

Nice workouts :)

Today I'll be doing hiit 30 and tone 30. Happy thursday ;)

Diana3271
07-26-2012, 06:04 PM

Teacher I am so envious of your swims. Enjoy!

Laura Tough combo you are planning. Thanks for the info on Insanity. Did your DH like the Insanity workouts? I am actually skeered of them and don't feel that I will be able to do them. I previewed the first one and I think I will be OK, but I don't know. Did I mention that I am skeered. :rofl: It just sounds so intimidating.

TurboLaura
07-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Diana, you're too cute!! He did like them and was ok with them but he is in good/great shape....but I'm sure you are too!!! I have to admit I'm a little intimidated by them too :)

Let me know how it turns out!

I'm off to workout. BTW ladies - the scale really isn't moving lately but my 8's are getting big and I bought my first pair of size 6 jeans EVER last weekend! My husband smiled but only women understand how big of a deal that is! Hoping for some movement this weekend on the scale...would love to be about 140-145 for maintenance.

Diana3271
07-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Laura Great job on those 6's! Awesome! :carrot: Keep up the great work! I think I am going to start Insanity on August 1. I may have completed my rotation by August 2. :D Fastest rotation ever! :D

TurboLaura
07-27-2012, 12:18 AM
HAHAHA!! Love it :) You have an awesome sense of humor :) You'll be great! Thanks for your encouragement, too!

I was feeling SOOOO exhausted tonight and only was able to to Hiit 30. It was an awesome workout and I pushed hard. Belly and throat feeling slightly off again today :(

teacher1
07-27-2012, 10:25 AM
today- swimming... trying to get a base tan before being outside all next week :)

TurboLaura
07-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah teacher! Getting some good sun :) Will you be on vacation next week?

Check in: Fire 55EZ. Great workout! Started off at about 50% due to feeling tired but then was able to get up to 100% within 10 minutes.

Take care and keep up the great work!

Diana3271
07-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In: Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs

I am going to start the Insanity rotation on August 1. I wanted to try one of the workouts today. I figured I couldn't go wrong with Pure Cardio. I am one of the Queens of Cardio, right? :o It got really ugly in my office today! Sweat was flying and it was raining in my office! My legs were shaking and turned to jello . . . . during the warm up. :eek: I won't even subject you to the part where my tongue was hanging out of my mouth. :eek: The good thing is that I was doing something the entire time. When they were doing some type of insane push ups I was also doing something . . . . I was on the ground checking out the scenery under my desk and the computer table. I think we need to do a better job sweeping under there. :D I have been humbled! :D

I got through my first Insanity workout, just barely. It's a different type of cardio than I am used to. I am used to kickboxing, TF, Hi-Lo, etc. This is a whole new level of torture. :D

TurboLaura
07-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Nice job, Diana!!!!Congrats for taking on a whole new challenge! I admire you :D. Are you really sore today?

Today I'm schedule for a hiit and tone workout but I just HAVE to change it up. 3 weeks of the same rotation is a bit much so I'm trying, for the first time, the Turbo Jam full body exercise ball workout. We'll see how that goes! HAHA! There goes Laura, rolling on the floor! I'm so pleased to announce that the SCALE FINALLY MOVED! YAY! Down 2 more pounds and this is the lowest I have ever weighed as an adult. 153. I can't believe that I'm 11 pounds away from my original goal of 142 :)

Thanks for listening ladies! I really appreciate your support. I will be MIA for a bit but I promise I will be back :)

teacher1
07-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Diana- wow, that sounds like a very tough workout. Way to go :)

Laura- congrats :) Yes, I'm leaving Tues for a week in Cali. We're going to the beach, Sea World, Universal Studios, Disneyland, and San Diego Zoo. I can't wait!!!

today- swimming

TurboLaura
07-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Cali sounds awesome!!!! I've hears that Disneyland is so fun - never been there but Siouthern Cali is GORGEOUS!! ENJOY!

Thanks for the congrats! I'll be on a bit of an adventure, too! ALOHA! ;)

teacher1
07-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Laura- thanks... are you going someplace fun?

Diana3271
07-28-2012, 11:08 PM

I didn't get a workout in today. DH didn't go work at the farm today, since it was so hot. He wanted to go to the Governor's Cup Billfish Tournament at Edisto Beach. So that's what we did today. We had a nice day together.

Teacher I hope you have a wonderful trip. It sounds like fun.

Laura Aloha????? Are you going to Hawaii? :D

Diana3271
07-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Are you really sore today?

I forgot to answer. I'm not sore. I don't get sore very often, but when I do, look out! I tend to get sore in my hamstrings and can't walk! :lol: I'm thinking, Insanity might cause this somewhere down the line. I could tell my legs were feeling like jello during the workout.

Exactly when is everyone leaving and when are you coming back? If you are gone and I'm not aware of when you are coming back, I will worry. Stay safe, but make sure you enjoy yourself and have the time of your life! :)

teacher1
07-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Diana- so impressed with the insanity workout program.. i watched the promo and wow, crazy stuff. I leave this Tues afternoon and will get back late 8/7. I'm taking my computer but I'm not sure how much down time. It will be a week of lots of walking, swimming, and eating.

today- TF Fire 45ez

Diana3271
07-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

I decided to start Insanity today instead of on August 1. Why put off for tomorrow what you can do today, right? I got through it. It was tough.

Laura I didn't realize that I have DOM's from the Insanity workout on Friday, until I worked out today. My calves are sore. :o

Teacher Try to check in with us, if you can. :D I am hoping to go to Epcot, Wild Kingdom, and Sea World in Florida some time in the future. You have a lot planned! I hope you have a great time!

EmilyLarnder
07-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Hey guys! I'm finally back.
I've been doing well with my weight loss, even though it is going very slow.
Hope all is well!

teacher1
07-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Diana- We have time share in Disney World and it's my favorite place to visit. Our next trip there is May 22.

Emily- welcome back :)

today- TF Fire 30

Diana3271
07-30-2012, 06:41 PM

Check-In:
Insanity Fit Test
Cardio Power & Resistance

I compared my Fit Test numbers to the participants. I did really well on the standing exercises. In fact, I matched the participants or better. I performed lower on the exercises that go from standing to the ground. I feel this is because of me being overweight previously. I still feel like there is this big belly there in my way (it is't there, so this seems really weird, I know). I think it's just that I'm not used to that movement. Whatever it is, that's my weak spot.

Teacher Have some extra fun for me, too! Stay safe! Post if you can. See you when you get back!

Emily Hi :wave: Welcome back!

Diana3271
07-31-2012, 06:49 PM

Check-In:
Leslie Sansone 2 Mile from Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs
Insanity Cardio Recovery

Diana3271
07-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Here's a link to the new thread for August! Please join us: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/263867-august-turbo-fire-more-check.html