Ideal Protein Diet - Question for Baton Rouge People and Surrounding Areas

GramEGail
06-30-2012, 03:07 PM
I am trying to confirm what someone told me. They said a coach at Women's Hospital told her that the dressing at Albasha's was okay for IP. Has anyone else been told this? When I asked my coach she said it depends on the ingredients and I don't know the ingredients. I also heard that the owner of Ruffinos has an IP menu now and that he has a dressing that he sells which is IP. Has anyone heard about this or tried it?

I do not know if the above is correct. Trying to see if anyone knows.

GramEGail
06-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Okay so I called Albashas and they said the only ingredients in their dressing is olive oil, lemon and garlic. The olive oil is whipped to make it creamy - I am one happy girl right now!

Then I called Ruffinos and YES they have an ideal protein menu and a dijon mustard dressing that they also will sell.

SewingMomma
06-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Okay so I called Albashas and they said the only ingredients in their dressing is olive oil, lemon and garlic. The olive oil is whipped to make it creamy - I am one happy girl right now!

Then I called Ruffinos and YES they have an ideal protein menu and a dijon mustard dressing that they also will sell.

Great news! Thanks for checking!

ladytutor
06-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Oooh thank you for the info! Today is my first day - live in Geismar/Dutchtown. My hubby loves eating out, so I am looking for tips like these!

MiamiCajun
06-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Yahoo!!!!!! I'm going back home in a few weeks and i was so sad I wouldn't be able to eat my chicken schwarma salad. Yay me!

mphage
06-30-2012, 05:46 PM
I am always looking for places that I can stay OP and my family will enjoy! Thanks for the info!

GramEGail
07-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Beckha12 said: i make a similar dressing in a food processor. the creaminess comes from emulsifying the olive oil and garlic, olive oil alone cannot be whipped from my experience. that style of dressing is IP compliant but I use it sparingly because it takes a decent amount of oil to achieve that consistency.

So we need to be sure to have the dressing on the side and dip the fork first into the dressing and then the salad.

If anyone tries the IP things Ruffinos be sure and report on the menu and dressing there!

GramEGail
07-01-2012, 08:57 AM
MiamiCajun LOVE LOVE LOVE your picture! So cute......

GeauxTigers82
07-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I can't wait to tell my mom about the ip menu!

brandissimo11
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
I used to live in Baton Rouge and my husband worked at Ruffinos :smug: I live in San Antonio, TX now, but we're going back to BR in October for a wedding so maybe I'll stop in to Ruffinos and be able to check out their IP menu :smug: That's fantastic! :smug:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/slider-but3/lb/225/145/211/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

doahappydance88
07-01-2012, 01:12 PM
YAY! This makes me sooooo happy! I love Albasha!

Also, be sure to check out Zoe's Kitchen. Their greek salad is great if you ask for no feta or grilled onions! :-) YUM.

MiamiCajun
07-01-2012, 07:49 PM
MiamiCajun LOVE LOVE LOVE your picture! So cute......

Thanks GramEGail!!! I think they really did! My birthday is late January and it would explain my love for sugar, Hahaha

jwdesselle
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Wish I had seen this when you posted. I contacted Ruffino's and they emailed me a copy of their IP menu, looks pretty good. I've also been to Albasha's and could not even eat the whole schawrma (sp?) salad, just too much.

There are threads in here about what restaurants are good to eat at. Outback is good. I went there to celebrate my first week OP and it was delicious.

Here is a link to the restaurant guide (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/201156-restaurant-guide-ip.html)

cyndie
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
This is such good news, I love Chicken Shwarma salad from Albasha. We went to Outback for Father's Day and it's really easy to stay OP there. I haven't tried Zoe's Kitchen or Ruffino's but I'm sure I will soon.

Joliebug82
07-17-2012, 01:47 PM
So happy to have found this thread! I'm back on after losing 50 pounds (to get the rest!) and wanted some Greek food. Yay for Ruffino's, too! It's so close to my house and always awesome.

mbw
07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Yay!!! Good to know! Thanks!
I love Albasha's Chicken Shawarma Salad! I doubt I could eat a whole one now though. 4 months ago, I would eat very last bit including the flatbread.

Monicakay02
07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes, Ruffino's has an IP menu and a special IP dressing that's amazing. The owner, Ruffin, and the head chef, Peter, did the IP program about a year ago and lost a lot of weight on it. If you wish you can get pretty much any menu item made "the IP way" since Peter knows the restrictions. (obviously you cannot get the noodles etc). My favorite is the Fish Katie. The IP menu is an easy way to order though :) The food is amazing! I HIGHLY recommend it!

alluneedislove26
02-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Hello fellow Baton Rouge-ians :) I am back for IP round two... I have 2 questions.. 1) Do yall know of anywhere I can buy the IP food without having to see the coach? Ive done it before I know what Im doing and Im doing it with my roomate so we keep each other on track.. plus im a nurse and work 50+ hours a week and just cant do weekly meetings lol and 2) Any other restaurant ideas? I know about Ruffinos (which is awesome btw) The only ones ive seen on the restaurant boards are like chipotle and applebees..yuck.. hahaha ive been surviving off of serops and maxwells salads (sans dressing and croutons of course) haha.. and yes i know its better to cook your own food but as you can prob tell I am on the go a lot so i eat out prob like 3-4x a week lol thanks for the tips!! :)

my31rewards
02-07-2013, 12:54 PM
I have been wanting Albasha - its my favorite but I was so worried it would be cheating! I can't wait - might have to get it after my weigh in tomorrow! Looks like there are a lot of us in BR area on here!

joysh
02-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Hello fellow Baton Rouge-ians :) I am back for IP round two... I have 2 questions.. 1) Do yall know of anywhere I can buy the IP food without having to see the coach? Ive done it before I know what Im doing and Im doing it with my roomate so we keep each other on track.. plus im a nurse and work 50+ hours a week and just cant do weekly meetings lol

http://buyproteinfood.com/

You can order IP products from this website. Daisy, the owner, is wonderful. They will ship quickly with no shipping fee and no tax.

DontGiveUp17
02-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Yay! Thanks so much for the info!! My hubby and I are going on a date night tomorrow night.. might just have to head to Ruffino's! And I love Albasha.. so relieved that their salad dressing is ok.. and their salads are sooo big!!

alluneedislove26
02-07-2013, 11:48 PM
thanks joysh thats awesome! :)))

redcargirl
03-28-2013, 03:25 PM
When I went to the Women's Health Center to pick up some products yesterday, I happened to mention that it was my 66th birthday and I was happy to have reached my full Social Security retirement age. The receptionist asked me if I was going to do anything special that night to celebrate. I told her that my husband and I were not planning to go out to dinner because I am in the midst of Phase 1 on IP. She told me that Ruffino's, which is very close to my house, now has an IP menu. When I got home, I found a link to the menu on this website. I printed it and showed it to my husband. A few hours later we were at Ruffino's enjoying an unexpected evening out to celebrate my birthday. Thank you, Ruffino's for making it possible for us to enjoy an evening out and allow me to stay on my IP plan!

billbrown72
03-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Great news...love both those places...ate out at Sammy's last week and they were very accomendating for IP

aliboo723
03-28-2013, 10:36 PM
I have also found that Red Lobster as well as Bass Pro have been good. I would not try Coyote Blues though. My hubby and I went there this past weekend and I explained the restrictions to the waiter who relayed them to the cook and I still got a huge clump of chipotle (sp) butter on my steak!
I saw the IP menu on Ruffino's website, but haven't headed out there yet. Might have to try that soon.

WhoDat730
03-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Oh thank you!!

I love Ruffino's but didn't think I could eat there for awhile! I'm so excited! And Albasha too... YUM! It's so nice to have options and not have to miss out on going out to eat! :broc:

lrkuperman
04-15-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm on week 2 and just found this. It's so good to find local resources!!!