Ideal Protein Diet - IP daily chat Saturday and Sunday June 30 & July 01, 2012

usmcvet
06-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

usmcvet
06-30-2012, 06:30 AM
I hope everyone has a great OP weekend!

Thorfinn
06-30-2012, 07:39 AM
All gassed up and ready to go. 25lbs gone.....I can try to get rid of this 5 year farmer's tan :D

Don't get too hot at the parade today brother!

SewingMomma
06-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Have a great weekend! It's going to be a hot one in Louisiana, so I'm going to drink lots of water.

usmcvet
06-30-2012, 07:44 AM
All gassed up and ready to go. 25lbs gone.....I can try to get rid of this 5 year farmer's tan :D

It will be a long hot day!

wuv2bloved
06-30-2012, 08:07 AM
I got my water ready for the scorching heat in Mississippi! I wanna go on a boat!....lol

reneepw
06-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Good morning peepers. We have excessive heat warnings through Sunday night in the Philly area. Yesterday I drove with the top down in my car and was starting to tan in about 20 minutes. I could feel my arms burning. But i felt too good to put the top UP. NSV: Last week I was turning a corner and some guy waved at me and I didn't know why. I thought "did I move into his lane or what?". My son says "Mom, you know you don't exactly look like an old lady - you look good." I cracked up! I think maybe it had more to do with the car than me (I have a Porsche) but I'll take it!

Have a great weekend. I exercised again last night, with an extra shake and am still same weight today. I'm going to track it all carefully to see if I can make it work.

Starting water intake.....NOW.
Peace!
Renee

Chloe222
06-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Mornin' all!
It's going to be a scorcher here in the northeast too. Will get in the pool for a little while. In a few minutes off to the farmers' market.

Liz,
You look amazing in your new avatar! So happy for you.

To our sista going on the boat from Tuesday to Sunday, (I'm sorry I don't have your name),
Wanted to say that I would pack soups, puddings to make into shakes (this maximizes volume and keeps carbs low), and bars as emergency back up. I use Mio water flavoring and sweet leaf stevia flavorings in my coffee and shakes to keep things interesting. With lots of veggies and protein for dinner, you'll be fine.

Everyone across the country,
Drink lots and lots of water today and tomorrow. Stay cool, healthy and safe from heat stroke. :hug:

Mooselover, Think I'll cancel my Monday workout (hubby can go alone). And I'll get in 120 oz of water today and tomorrow...thanks for that tip and most of all, CONGRATS on the big drop! That must feel great! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Off to the farmers' market.

GeauxTigers82
06-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Good morning, everyone!

I found out yesterday that I passed my Texas teacher certification tests!! I have a Georgia certification, but wanted the Texas one before it expires. After $700 and 2 hard tests, I am Texas certified!

My mom is on IPand started 5 weeks before me. She has lost 30 lbs and looks AMAZING....and HOT! She is at 138 right now and wants to lose another 20. I have never seen her look so good! My sister is getting married in October, so we all need to be big losers!

Well, have a good weekend guys!!!

Oh - I made a rookie mistake and ate 2 restricteds yesterday. I am not eating anymore restricteds for the rest of my week. :(

Ticiabean
06-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone! I've been in meetings and retirement parties where I had to smell some AWESOME smelling food. But I've felt better staying there and facing the smells instead of running from anything I couldn't eat.....does that sound stupid? Before my fear was tat I would cave and eat what tey have. But the more I do IP it makes me want to stay true to the program.

Anyways, have a great weekend everyone!!!!

PEIslandGirl
06-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Hello All - so excited for this long weekend, weather is supposed to be warm and sunny. Made it into the 120's this week, that leaves one sad and lonely pound to go. I do not have a coach so have not been measured but it is strange how the inches keep dropping, jeans that were tight on the leg 10 days ago are noticeably looser now even though I have only lost 3lbs. Well my dogs are waiting to go for their walk on the beach, have a great day everyone

Ticiabean
06-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Good morning, everyone!

I found out yesterday that I passed my Texas teacher certification tests!! I have a Georgia certification, but wanted the Texas one before it expires. After $700 and 2 hard tests, I am Texas certified!

My mom is on IPand started 5 weeks before me. She has lost 30 lbs and looks AMAZING....and HOT! She is at 138 right now and wants to lose another 20. I have never seen her look so good! My sister is getting married in October, so we all need to be big losers!

Oh - I made a rookie mistake and ate 2 restricteds yesterday. I am not eating anymore restricteds for the rest of my week. :(

Congrats on passing your test!!! What an ccomplishment! :congrats:

And good luck to you and your mom! After hearing about my recent weight loss, my sister is going to start IP.

Dont worry about the restricted error. Now you know and it wont happen again on purpose. So dont waste energy on something you cant change. Good luck to you!!!

locopollo
06-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Renee, that is hysterical! Glad you had your son with you to explain things!

Wow, everyone here is so amazing and inspiring!

I survived Day 1. :D I was very hungry in the afternoon, but I'd eaten a ton the day before, so I know that's part of it, plus I've gotta get my groove down on the veggies.

I'm a regular exerciser, but for two weeks I'm walking, yoga & pilates. It's kind of a nice change of pace! But I've got new weight workouts I'm dying to try out! Well, hopefully I'll be trying them out at a smaller size. I am excited to get into ketosis and start moving some FAT!

Heading to the store to look for MiO.

sprite613
06-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Good morning everyone! I am in the same boat as most of you. It is already really hot here and supposed to be worse the next few days. We got cooled off a little bit by the rains from the Tropical Storm, but then it got humid and brought back the bugs :(

Anyway, I had my 8th week WI yeaterday and I lost 4 more lbs! 3 more and I will officially be halfway to my goal. My hubby is seeing all the inches I'm losing and wondering if I set the goal too low. I'm not sure either so I'll see what happens and how I feel when I hit 2/3 of the way. But the clothes are fitting much better and I'm feeling great. I'm also going to start exercising again but lightly. (Thanks LizRR for the help in that area)

I also just want to thank everyone again that contributes recipes and suggestions. I have been trying so many new things since I started this diet, and I know I'll keep a lot of them after I'm finished with it. All of you guys are a great inspiration and a help when I need it.

Have a great OP weekend and remember to keep hydrated!!!

evepet
06-30-2012, 10:13 AM
I guess I hadn't been paying attention to the weather reports from the US - just realized last night that many of you guys are experiencing record breaking heat. I hope you're all able to stay cool and hydrated and enjoy the weekend despite the swelting temps.

It's Canada Day weekend here in Canada, so lots of celebrations and activities going on. Should be fun. :) It's sunny today in my area - hot and humid - will 'feel like' about 33 degrees C (91.4 F) with the humidity factor. But hearing about the searing heat down in parts of the US makes me feel downright cool.

Take care everyone - have a great OP day.

chremme
06-30-2012, 10:23 AM
A great little treat I just whipped up to beat the morning heat:

1 cup iced coffee
dash of cinnamon
vanilla pudding pack
ice cubes

Shake to perfection. I'm in love!

Have a great weekend, all.

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Darralyn
06-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks Vet and thanks for opening the thread! You have a great weekend yourself! Do you have to work or can you spend it with your family?

I'm jealous no better place to be than out on the water! :cool:

Have a great weekend! It's going to be a hot one in Louisiana, so I'm going to drink lots of water.
You have a wonderful weekend also! :D

I got my water ready for the scorching heat in Mississippi! I wanna go on a boat!....lol
Enjoy your weekend!! You are looking more and more beautiful each new picture you post! I am so happy that things have turned around for you! :hug:

Good morning peepers. We have excessive heat warnings through Sunday night in the Philly area. Yesterday I drove with the top down in my car and was starting to tan in about 20 minutes. I could feel my arms burning. But i felt too good to put the top UP. NSV: Last week I was turning a corner and some guy waved at me and I didn't know why. I thought "did I move into his lane or what?". My son says "Mom, you know you don't exactly look like an old lady - you look good." I cracked up! I think maybe it had more to do with the car than me (I have a Porsche) but I'll take it!

Have a great weekend. I exercised again last night, with an extra shake and am still same weight today. I'm going to track it all carefully to see if I can make it work.

Starting water intake.....NOW.
Peace!
Renee
That is fun!! I haven't experienced it at my age but I remember the day. LOL You deserve it and take it all in! Have a fun weekend! ;)

Mornin' all!
It's going to be a scorcher here in the northeast too. Will get in the pool for a little while. In a few minutes off to the farmers' market.

Liz,

To our sista going on the boat from Tuesday to Sunday, (I'm sorry I don't have your name),
Wanted to say that I would pack soups, puddings to make into shakes (this maximizes volume and keeps carbs low), and bars as emergency back up. I use Mio water flavoring and sweet leaf stevia flavorings in my coffee and shakes to keep things interesting. With lots of veggies and protein for dinner, you'll be fine.

Drink lots and lots of water today and tomorrow. Stay cool, healthy and safe from heat stroke. :hug:

Mooselover, Think I'll cancel my Monday workout (hubby can go alone). And I'll get in 120 oz of water today and tomorrow...thanks for that tip and most of all, CONGRATS on the big drop! That must feel great! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for all your words of wisdom!! :D

Good morning, everyone!

Congratulations on your teaching certification!! That is so wonderful! :carrot::carrot:

Good morning everyone! I've been in meetings and retirement parties where I had to smell some AWESOME smelling food. But I've felt better staying there and facing the smells instead of running from anything I couldn't eat.....does that sound stupid? Before my fear was tat I would cave and eat what tey have. But the more I do IP it makes me want to stay true to the program.

Anyways, have a great weekend everyone!!!!
You are doing really well, congratulations!!! Have a great weekend! :)

Hello All - so excited for this long weekend, weather is supposed to be warm and sunny. Made it into the 120's this week, that leaves one sad and lonely pound to go. I do not have a coach so have not been measured but it is strange how the inches keep dropping, jeans that were tight on the leg 10 days ago are noticeably looser now even though I have only lost 3lbs. Well my dogs are waiting to go for their walk on the beach, have a great day everyone
Wow you've done it!! How great does it feel to be so close? You've done a great job! Have fun with those dogs! :D

Wow, everyone here is so amazing and inspiring!

I survived Day 1. :D I was very hungry in the afternoon, but I'd eaten a ton the day before, so I know that's part of it, plus I've gotta get my groove down on the veggies.

I'm a regular exerciser, but for two weeks I'm walking, yoga & pilates. It's kind of a nice change of pace! But I've got new weight workouts I'm dying to try out! Well, hopefully I'll be trying them out at a smaller size. I am excited to get into ketosis and start moving some FAT!

Heading to the store to look for MiO.
Welcome and good luck to you! It does get easier and we are here to support you in your journey!:)

Good morning everyone! I am in the same boat as most of you. It is already really hot here and supposed to be worse the next few days. We got cooled off a little bit by the rains from the Tropical Storm, but then it got humid and brought back the bugs :(

Anyway, I had my 8th week WI yeaterday and I lost 4 more lbs! 3 more and I will officially be halfway to my goal. My hubby is seeing all the inches I'm losing and wondering if I set the goal too low. I'm not sure either so I'll see what happens and how I feel when I hit 2/3 of the way. But the clothes are fitting much better and I'm feeling great. I'm also going to start exercising again but lightly. (Thanks LizRR for the help in that area)

I also just want to thank everyone again that contributes recipes and suggestions. I have been trying so many new things since I started this diet, and I know I'll keep a lot of them after I'm finished with it. All of you guys are a great inspiration and a help when I need it.

Have a great OP weekend and remember to keep hydrated!!!
You are doing a great job! Have a great weekend and stay cool! :cool:

I guess I hadn't been paying attention to the weather reports from the US - just realized last night that many of you guys are experiencing record breaking heat. I hope you're all able to stay cool and hydrated and enjoy the weekend despite the swelting temps.

It's Canada Day weekend here in Canada, so lots of celebrations and activities going on. Should be fun. :) It's sunny today in my area - hot and humid - will 'feel like' about 33 degrees C (91.4 F) with the humidity factor. But hearing about the searing heat down in parts of the US makes me feel downright cool.

Take care everyone - great a great OP day.
Enjoy your holiday weekend and try to stay cool! :cool:

Ravenswood2012
06-30-2012, 10:29 AM

1 cup iced coffee
dash of cinnamon
vanilla pudding pack
ice cubes

So funny.... I made the EXACT same thing for breakfast... I guess great minds really do think alike :D

GrandmaKiss
06-30-2012, 10:30 AM
My fella comes home today. He travels often for work and I'm pretty used to that, but this week he's been up in the mountains with no phone or computer. I do NOT approve of no contact for a week.

Meawhile, today is my one-month anniversary. I broke my own rule and used my bathroom scale. I am down a total of 20.5 pounds from that scale's high (admitedly low compared to the center) to my current on the same scale. I'm claiming that as a victory.

I know others are losing faster, but I am AMAZED at how well this diet works and how easy it is to follow.

evepet
06-30-2012, 10:37 AM
My fella comes home today. He travels often for work and I'm pretty used to that, but this week he's been up in the mountains with no phone or computer. I do NOT approve of no contact for a week.

Meawhile, today is my one-month anniversary. I broke my own rule and used my bathroom scale. I am down a total of 20.5 pounds from that scale's high (admitedly low compared to the center) to my current on the same scale. I'm claiming that as a victory.

I know others are losing faster, but I am AMAZED at how well this diet works and how easy it is to follow.

-20.5 lbs in a month! That is definitely a Victory in my books!! You're going great! Enjoy the time with hubby. :)

swimcoachmomma
06-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Day four of reboot. Back in ketosis. Glad that P1 is always there for us. The thought of re-losing just a few pounds is so much better than trying it with 70.

Another gift of this program...confidence. I am pretty modest and have never liked clingy, fitted clothes. Perhaps was just hiding. Well, I am wearing tank tops again!!! Perhaps not a big deal to some folks but for me it has been way over twenty years. The other day I had taken off my dress (new puppy likes dangly things) and was going about the evening in leggings, bra and cami. Puppy needed out so I took her!!! There I was in the middle of the yard in a cami!!!! Oh well. Hubby thought it was cool. Also nice to wear clothes without Xs or Ws in the size. Anyway,I ramble. Need to go order new swimsuit. My 18 is baggy, and god knows I don,t need any more drag.

Ravenswood2012
06-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Hi Everyone!!

Have an awesome OP/IP Weekend!!!

Good Luck :D

bttrhalf
06-30-2012, 10:49 AM

1 cup iced coffee
dash of cinnamon
vanilla pudding pack
ice cubes

question- so do you make the pudding first or just add the mix to the coffee?:?::D

Home Scale:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro5/slide-jump/lb/197.8/145/188.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

cyndie
06-30-2012, 10:52 AM

Congrats on the 20lb loss!!! I am a slower loser, too. But, I have never lost this much this fast on any diet before. Gotta love this diet! Keep up the great job!:carrot:

NOVAScents
06-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Man oh man- I cannot get past this constant hunger. I'm thinking it will take me a month to lose my last 10lbs... I pray its not longer than a month. Why did I ever cheat ;(

My hubby on the other hand is rocking this diet. He'll probably phase off on Monday (he has 2.8 lbs left!).

Must.Keep.Swimming.

DanafromAustin
06-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Good morning, everyone!

(
Congrats on now being Texas certified. :bravo:

I wouldn't call loosing 20 pounds the first month slow at all. You are doing great! :hug:

Happy Canada Day to my friends up north. To the rest of us... have a great Saturday and as always stay 100% OP today. :grouphug:

ChaloJ
06-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Good morning, everyone!

I would love to send a little PNW rain over to all you experiencing a heat wave. Frankly, I'm a little tired of the drip.

NSV:
I have survived 42 dozen cookies, the world's best, without touching, nibbling, sneaking, snitching, ingesting, or otherwise partaking of a single bite. My daughter has been baking for 2 days and will finish up another 8 dozen today. But I am not worried! And that feels good.

I read an article yesterday of the importance of breathing. Sounds basic, right? But according to the article many people do not take the time to breathe properly, fully, deeply. And this actually inhibits the function of the body and therefore, weightloss.

So, breathe, everyone!

I know there have been weeks on IP in which I have been so on edge, with excitement even, that I have kinda gone around not really breathing. This week, I am going to make an extra special effort to make sure I'm not holding my breath, but relaxing and deeply inhaling.

CarCamMom
06-30-2012, 11:16 AM
It's going to be a hot one in Wisconsin, too! Pool party at my house and I'll be serving lots of water...mostly to myself! :dizzy: I'm on Day 4 today and I did something very stupid...stepped on the scale. It hasn't moved a pound. Boo. Not sure I will have a big first weigh in at this point, but at least I've started something good and refuse to look back! Have a great day everyone!

Chloe222
06-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Congrats on the getting your TX teaching certificate! You are changing your life for the better in a few significant ways, your teaching certificate is one, IP and the new healthy body is another. More and more great things will come your way - I believe that like attracts like - and so be prepared for more wonderful things to just show up.

I agree, it's a mystery how the inches just drop even when the scale doesn't. I don't recall this phenomenon happening when I was on Weight Watchers in the past.

You are losing at an incredible rate! 5 pounds a week!! And the best part of this is that you have found this diet easy. That's tremendous, it will truly be your last diet. Keep up the good work!

Kaypix,
Those rum marinated shrimp sound good. However, you can always make them after you get to goal, or better yet, have your BIL make them for you. :D

All,
I have been a little slow to do some of the great recipes and just last week did another basic thing I picked up here (think it was LizRR in the great black dress - fabulous new avatar) who posted that she roasts veggies, purees them and adds some to her daily soup. I did that with a mix of cauliflower, leeks and garlic cloves - 1 large baking sheet makes approx 4 days of veggies. I put the cooked equivalent of 2 c of raw veggies into my "chicken and vegetable cream" soup (Weight Loss Systems - Nashua Nutrition - 80 cal, 0 g fat, 6 carbs, 12 g protein). This is so good! When I get to maintenance, I'll still use soups like this as well as my morning cinnamon splenda crepe (unrestricted, use Proti-Diet plain pancake mix). And cukes with EVOO and spices as a snack - so satisfying.

These recipes are gems that can really help us with maintenance.

Have a lovely weekend and no matter where you are, think water!! Drink plenty and if it's scorching where you are, maybe jump in some too!

Chloe222
06-30-2012, 11:30 AM
It's going to be a hot one in Wisconsin, too! Pool party at my house and I'll be serving lots of water...mostly to myself! :dizzy: I'm on Day 4 today and I did something very stupid...stepped on the scale. It hasn't moved a pound. Boo. Not sure I will have a big first weigh in at this point, but at least I've started something good and refuse to look back! Have a great day everyone!

Don't worry about your weight, it will drop quickly, the diet works. Trust your body, if it doesn't give up weight the first week, it certainly will the second and you'll be very happy. Trust and stay OP!

Drink all of your water and then some. Be sure you aren't exercising - much or at all. (To maximize losses, don't exercise at all, initially.) Although some of us always did and still do. I look forward to watching you succeed!

sneuse
06-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Congratulations everyone on making it through another week! Its comforting to come here and read how positive and optimistic everyone is about not just the diet, but life in general! I couldn't have made it this far without this support system.

I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning (I try to not weigh at all with the exception of when I go to my clinic for WI every Monday). After five days on Phase 3 it looks like I'm up three pounds. At first I was discouraged, but then I decided that it really shouldn't matter - it could be muscle gain (I've been lifting weights this week) or it could be water gain. I've stayed 100% OP so I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

It looks like although we'll have another hot day here in Austin, it shouldn't be triple digits for the first time in a week or so. I hope everyone is staying cool, hydrated, and enjoying some outdoor summer activities!! Have a great Saturday :)

Sassyc1979
06-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Good morning everyone!

I'm just on day 3 and this morning I decided to try the soy patty (my sample kit from the drs has 5 in there and I don't want to waste anything). My question is, is there a way to make it taste better? It wasn't bad. But it wasn't great either. Seems like a lot of people mix their packages with things. I'm soooo trying the vanilla pudding coffee combo tomorrow morning. Any suggestions would be so appreciated!

locopollo
06-30-2012, 11:47 AM
I have a soy patty in my start package, so I'm curious about this too. I am not even sure what the consistency will be. It sounds scary, but so far all of my space food has been good.

I found a grocery store that sells a lot of Walden Farms products. I had some BBQ sauce and tossed it about a month ago because I thought it was nasty. Then I read here about mixing it with soysauce to make an Asian sauce, so now I'm kicking myself. LOL!

42 dozen cookies, wow! And 20 pounds in a month! That's just crazy!

If you just (re)started lifting, your muscles are probably hanging onto some water weight. Ignore the scale and drink your water!

sneuse
06-30-2012, 12:11 PM
If you just (re)started lifting, your muscles are probably hanging onto some water weight. Ignore the scale and drink your water!

Thanks for the input! I know this things most of the time, but hearing someone else tell them to me makes me feel so much better.

vovo
06-30-2012, 12:19 PM
I was tired and miscalculated the amount of protein for my dinner last night and ended up eating 2oz of lean beef more than what's allowed for the meal.

Should I adjust and just eat 2oz less for dinner tonight? Does it matter so long as I don't continue to do it?

SewingMomma
06-30-2012, 01:23 PM
I was tired and miscalculated the amount of protein for my dinner last night and ended up eating 2oz of lean beef more than what's allowed for the meal.

Should I adjust and just eat 2oz less for dinner tonight? Does it matter so long as I don't continue to do it?

Don't adjust anything. You should be fine. Every now and then I eat a little extra protein, and it doesn't adversely affect me.

I took our puppy to socialization this morning. This consists of walking around a large field for an hour. Man did the heat get to me. I drank water while walking, but I'm wiped out. I took my potassium when I got home and had my sea salt. I'm wondering if I should eat an extra packet. I've been doing this for several weeks and haven't added one, but I'm feeling like I might need one today.

swimcoachmomma
06-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Don't adjust anything. You should be fine. Every now and then I eat a little extra protein, and it doesn't adversely affect me.

I took our puppy to socialization this morning. This consists of walking around a large field for an hour. Man did the heat get to me. I drank water while walking, but I'm wiped out. I took my potassium when I got home and had my sea salt. I'm wondering if I should eat an extra packet. I've been doing this for several weeks and haven't added one, but I'm feeling like I might need one today.

I would bet that your body is telling you to have an extra packet. Drink tons of water and stay out of the heat.

Btw, what kind of puppy?? We have an 8 wk old south African mastiff that arrived to turn our home upside down this week. Would like to take her to some of the holiday festivities in town to get used to people, but it will be in the high 90s or above for the next several days. Oh well. Will put that off for a bit. Have a great day.

DanafromAustin
06-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Congratulations everyone on making it through another week! Its comforting to come here and read how positive and optimistic everyone is about not just the diet, but life in general! I couldn't have made it this far without this support system.

I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning (I try to not weigh at all with the exception of when I go to my clinic for WI every Monday). After five days on Phase 3 it looks like I'm up three pounds. At first I was discouraged, but then I decided that it really shouldn't matter - it could be muscle gain (I've been lifting weights this week) or it could be water gain. I've stayed 100% OP so I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

It looks like although we'll have another hot day here in Austin, it shouldn't be triple digits for the first time in a week or so. I hope everyone is staying cool, hydrated, and enjoying some outdoor summer activities!! Have a great Saturday :)
Sounds like we have a good chance at some rain today, really hoping so.

You will be fine, and I wouldn't worry about it all. There are many days I go over somewhat.

It sounds like your body is wanting more protein, I would go for it.

SewingMomma
06-30-2012, 02:17 PM
I would bet that your body is telling you to have an extra packet. Drink tons of water and stay out of the heat.

Btw, what kind of puppy?? We have an 8 wk old south African mastiff that arrived to turn our home upside down this week. Would like to take her to some of the holiday festivities in town to get used to people, but it will be in the high 90s or above for the next several days. Oh well. Will put that off for a bit. Have a great day.

She's a rescue. We think she's half Great Pyrennes and half mixed breed. She's incredibly timid, and the socialization is helping. She also attends obedience training. She's 7 months old, and we rescued her (and 2 of her litter mates) from a high-kill shelter when she was 7 weeks old. We also have a 4 year old English Mastiff. She's fabulous. Plus we just rescued a bitty dog. We think he's a shih tzu bichon frisée mix. He's about 2.

Puppies are a big challenge. Every time we get one, I swear that we'll never have another one and instead adopt fully-grown dogs. But I always change my mind. :)

I'll have to google a picture of a South African Mastiff. Mastiffs are my favorite breed. We really want a Cane Corso mastiff, but that will have to wait because three dogs is our limit.

Oh with Mastiffs, you have to make sure to establish yourself as the pack leader. They're too big to be the alpha.

usmcvet
06-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Good morning, everyone!

Whooo Hooo congratulations on your certification. Awesomeness.

Wow, everyone here is so amazing and inspiring! Soo Cougar, I mean Renee, what's it like? Must feel good, I think it's cute your son had to point it out to you. They might have noticed the car first but then they saw the pretty lady driving it! ;)

Thanks Vet and thanks for opening the thread! You have a great weekend yourself! Do you have to work or can you spend it with your family? I am working, on a late lunch break now, but I have tomorrow and all next week off so today is not so bad.

I have a soy patty in my start package, so I'm curious about this too. I am not even sure what the consistency will be. It sounds scary, but so far all of my space food has been good.

I found a grocery store that sells a lot of Walden Farms products. I had some BBQ sauce and tossed it about a month ago because I thought it was nasty. Then I read here about mixing it with soysauce to make an Asian sauce, so now I'm kicking myself. LOL! Thanks for the tip on the Asian sauce, sound good.

Should I adjust and just eat 2oz less for dinner tonight? Does it matter so long as I don't continue to do it? I would not worry about it either.

jebaughman
06-30-2012, 02:48 PM
We are finally having rain and it is 75 here. It will probably get really hot after this is over, but the radar looks like it could go on most of the day. I have been struggling lately to stay OP. Still have a long way to go and giving up is not an option.

Rhonduz
06-30-2012, 02:58 PM

I'm like you cardamom. I'm in my third week and stepped on the scale twice. Today I was a pound more than Thursday and now I'm fighting the depression from it. Why can't I just lose the dang three pounds a week consistently????? I am also fighting the urgentomdrink heavily tonight:( hang in there, I'm sure your first WI will be good!

swimcoachmomma
06-30-2012, 02:59 PM
She's a rescue. We think she's half Great Pyrennes and half mixed breed. She's incredibly timid, and the socialization is helping. She also attends obedience training. She's 7 months old, and we rescued her (and 2 of her litter mates) from a high-kill shelter when she was 7 weeks old. We also have a 4 year old English Mastiff. She's fabulous. Plus we just rescued a bitty dog. We think he's a shih tzu bichon frisée mix. He's about 2.

Puppies are a big challenge. Every time we get one, I swear that we'll never have another one and instead adopt fully-grown dogs. But I always change my mind. :)

I'll have to google a picture of a South African Mastiff. Mastiffs are my favorite breed. We really want a Cane Corso mastiff, but that will have to wait because three dogs is our limit.

Oh with Mastiffs, you have to make sure to establish yourself as the pack leader. They're too big to be the alpha.

U bet on the pack leader thing. We always had rottweilers. We now have a beagle and another SA mastiff (aka Boerboel) as well as the puppy. This pup will be a challenge. She is the most inherent,ly dominant we have ever had. In 5days she has come around a lot. My daughter is really working with her. That said, she is a delite.

A funny thing is that my beagle has raised my other Boerboel, and she actually taut her to bay instead of bark. It is the funniest thing, hearing these houn dog baying noises from a 142 pound beast. Lol.

Anyway, enjoy your pack. Have a great OP day

swimcoachmomma
06-30-2012, 03:02 PM
We are finally having rain and it is 75 here. It will probably get really hot after this is over, but the radar looks like it could go on most of the day. I have been struggling lately to stay OP. Still have a long way to go and giving up is not an option.

You are right. Giving up is not an option. You can do this. One minute at a time.

Porthardygurl
06-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Good Afternoon Here from Hardy...

I am of the envy of everyone today as i read about your hot temperatures...It is exactly 14 degrees celcius or 57 Farenheit... and drizzly outside today...
Im proud to say that im drinking lots of water..My DH had to pause are movie 5 times so i could use the washroom and when i went with my water bottle to go fill it up again, he asked "why are you doing that...dont you think the amount of times you are peeing suggests that your body has had enough???" I laughed..."Nope.. im thirsty i need more"...Its like all of the sudden you realize that two litres is not enough and you want more..

Also NSV yesterday..after i put my jeans on(which are usually snug) I jokingly said to my hubby "How would you like to tap", pointing to my best a$$et... and he said "um hun...i think your losing your butt..your jeans are sagging in the back"..!!!

Anywho.. my two cents for the day...hope everyone has a great day OP and from what it sounds like...sunscreen is a must-have for you all!!
Remember the S's

Slip Slap Slop Seek (Slip on a shirt, slap on a hat, slop on sunscreen and seek out shade)

dizzyjean
06-30-2012, 03:07 PM

I just looked at your info- wow, only 17 to go to goal! Amazing, great job!
I assume you use sewing momma because you sew. I do to! Right now I am taking in clothes while I shrink, then I'll get some new ones- or new to me.

Jeanie

Chloe222
06-30-2012, 04:05 PM

JE,
Why are you having a tough time? Is it due to cravings, or is it being at the summer parties/picnics where fol,ks are eating all the stuff we used to eat or is it depression or something else? Just asking so I can help you. No need to answer if you don't want to.

:hug:

reneepw
06-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Whooo Hooo congratulations on your certification. Awesomeness.

Soo Cougar, I mean Renee, what's it like? Must feel good, I think it's cute your son had to point it out to you. They might have noticed the car first but then they saw the pretty lady driving it! ;)

I am working, on a late lunch break now, but I have tomorrow and all next week off so today is not so bad.

Thanks for the tip on the Asian sauce, sound good.

I would not worry about it either.

Haha! You are too funny.
enjoy your time off!

jmuroff1
06-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Forgot my shaker today and I'm at work so I had a mango drink for breakfast. for lunch i had lamb with a cucumber salad. for dinner i had a mango drink and once i get home I'm making veggies!! :-)

BLUEJEWEL
06-30-2012, 06:06 PM

congratulations!! you are doing amzing, and it is not usually too helpful to compare ourselves to others, we are all unique. you are doing great!! keep it up!

locopollo
06-30-2012, 06:19 PM
I am trying to wait another 40 minutes before I have my snack. :D I hope this hunger goes away soon. I am on my second day and doing well except for being really hungry in the afternoon.

GGee
06-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Hello everyone! Has anyone tried the IP Lemon tea drink? It is suppose to be served cold not hot. Not sure if I want to break it open. It's 9 carbs!! Thanks!

sanibelover
06-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Hello everyone! Has anyone tried the IP Lemon tea drink? It is suppose to be served cold not hot. Not sure if I want to break it open. It's 9 carbs!! Thanks!

I tried the lemon tea cold. It is fine, but I don't think I will be getting it again.

GGee
06-30-2012, 07:43 PM
I tried the lemon tea cold. It is fine, but I don't think I will be getting it again.

Thanks for the feedback!

locopollo
06-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Day 2, and I've had all my food. Not feeling so great. I'm detoxing, right? I will feel better on Day 4?

At least my hunger has left. :(

MiamiCajun
06-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Grrr... Just needed to vent. Walking to my parked car I saw someone had hit it. No note left, nothing! Just wanted to eat crunchy chips to take my frustration on and self soothe. But I'm on IP and can't. I'm definitely a carb addict and was wondering if there ever comes a time when your first thought doesn't turn to eating when you are upset.

LizRR
06-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Howdy Folks! About to head out to an early July 4th BBQ soon, bringing a broccoli & red pepper salad from a Wuv posted recipe. I love broccoli salads like that, but strangely haven't made them on IP. I've been so busy trying out new and delicious new veggies. So there will at least be one side dish I can eat! Hope you all have a great weekend and Canada Day to the folks up north!

Hey Cougar - I usually give myself 1-2 weeks to see if I can track a 'trend' with something like that - particularly given the type of exercise. I know with weightlifting as your muscles tear & repair they do retain more water for a while - but then you get more muscle!

Congratulations on passing your test! And don't be too hard about the restricteds, a lot of folks did that in their newbie days (Wuv & usmcvet included) as far as unintentionally having 1+ restricteds/day. Honest mistake, just go back to your routine. Once I had 2 restricteds ON PURPOSE (Evil Chocolate Soy Puffs - finally had the courage to reorder those delicious devils this week)...I'm just glad there were only 2 packs of that left when I went off (I had been fighting myself all week not to gourge on them).

1 more lonely little pound...that's awesome! Congratulations on the impressive milestone!

Your first week will be the hardest and the hungriest. My coach gave me 28 pack variety starter kit for my first week to have an extra 4th packet if the hunger got too bad.

Man oh man- I cannot get past this constant hunger. I'm thinking it will take me a month to lose my last 10lbs... I pray its not longer than a month. Why did I ever cheat ;(

Must.Keep.Swimming.

Let's do this NOVA! SWIM! SWIM! SWIM! You and me...we are so close to the finish line!

I have survived 42 dozen cookies, the world's best, without touching, nibbling, sneaking, snitching, ingesting, or otherwise partaking of a single bite. My daughter has been baking for 2 days and will finish up another 8 dozen today. But I am not worried! And that feels good.

I read an article yesterday of the importance of breathing. Sounds basic, right? But according to the article many people do not take the time to breathe properly, fully, deeply. And this actually inhibits the function of the body and therefore, weightloss.

42 DOZEN cookies...wow, that's a great NSV! And fyi - I just did a few deep breaths and do feel a good difference. Thanks for the reminder!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at your first 2 WIs. Give yourself a chance - your body is going through some crazy changes right now.

I have been a little slow to do some of the great recipes and just last week did another basic thing I picked up here (think it was LizRR in the great black dress - fabulous new avatar) who posted that she roasts veggies, purees them and adds some to her daily soup. I did that with a mix of cauliflower, leeks and garlic cloves - 1 large baking sheet makes approx 4 days of veggies. I put the cooked equivalent of 2 c of raw veggies into my "chicken and vegetable cream" soup (Weight Loss Systems - Nashua Nutrition - 80 cal, 0 g fat, 6 carbs, 12 g protein). This is so good! When I get to maintenance, I'll still use soups like this as well as my morning cinnamon splenda crepe (unrestricted, use Proti-Diet plain pancake mix). And cukes with EVOO and spices as a snack - so satisfying.

These recipes are gems that can really help us with maintenance.

I TOTALLY agree about these great recipes staying with us into maintenance. I have found out new veggies and ways to prepare them that I absolutely love - even my husband, who is not on IP, nor needs to be - has not had a bad thing to say about the new side dish selection. We have some great creative cooks on our forum!

I said it earlier in this post- but especially with weightlifting your muscles will retain some water while they tear and repair. Plus you are in PHASE 3! Enjoy your breakfast you lucky girl! *jealous*

Don't worry about that, and do not try to overcompensate! Just stay back on OP. Also what SewingMomma said below....

Try to figure out why you are struggling and come up with some strategies. Brainstorm them on here with us - that's what the chat is for! Who else better to talk about this stuff with than each other! Believe me, there is someone on here who has been there, done that.

I'm like you cardamom. I'm in my third week and stepped on the scale twice. Today I was a pound more than Thursday and now I'm fighting the depression from it. Why can't I just lose the dang three pounds a week consistently????? I am also fighting the urgentomdrink heavily tonight:( hang in there, I'm sure your first WI will be good!

The third week can be 'dangerous' - you are probably just coming down off your 1st 2 weeks of great losses - but honestly - the weight will fall, and it will literally happen overnight. We call it the "Whoosh" and we all want The Whoosh Fairy to visit us the night before WIs! I've had crazy spells where I was the same for days, then gained and kept it for days, then had multiple whoosh days soon after. There is simply no way you can't NOT lose weight on this program, everyone loses at a different rate - but everyone will lose. Don't doubt or self sabotage, because this program works!

I assume you use sewing momma because you sew. I do to! Right now I am taking in clothes while I shrink, then I'll get some new ones- or new to me.

I could have saved a lot of money if I knew how to sew! I don't even know how many clothes I have dumped so far!

Forgot my shaker today and I'm at work so I had a mango drink for breakfast. for lunch i had lamb with a cucumber salad. for dinner i had a mango drink and once i get home I'm making veggies!! :-)

I've done that before - just buy a bottled water from the vending machines and use that as your 'shaker'.

locopollo
06-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks Liz. I have extra packets too, I think, and some EAS Carb Advantage. If tomorrow is bad, I will add something.

Miami, do you think it's a craving for something physical? I totally get wanting to crunch your teeth on something tasty, but a walk might help take the edge off.

MiamiCajun
06-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks Liz. I have extra packets too, I think, and some EAS Carb Advantage. If tomorrow is bad, I will add something.

Miami, do you think it's a craving for something physical? I totally get wanting to crunch your teeth on something tasty, but a walk might help take the edge off.

Locopollo, I'm headed off to the gym now for a 10 minute elliptical. We'll see, but I def like feeling "whole, filled, full" from food when I feel sad. Like I feel something was taken from me and eating self soothes in the sense of replacement. I don't feel so empty. Hopefully there comes a day where I crave running.... Or boxing ;) just kidding

Sassyc1979
06-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Sooooo excited I just went to Sprouts Farmers market in Austin for the first time and all the WF products were 2/$5. Stocked up!!

MaMaZu
06-30-2012, 09:55 PM

Okay usmcvet, couldn't resist, thought I'd change my signature to reflect what I'm doing once I hit goal. And for your information, that dress may cost as much as your trip to Disney World!

chremme
06-30-2012, 10:18 PM
I made the coffee, then put it in the freezer to cool it down quickly. After it was good and chilly, I used the cold coffee and some ice cubes in place of water, and shook that puppy up. Yummers! :)

question- so do you make the pudding first or just add the mix to the coffee?:?::D

Home Scale:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro5/slide-jump/lb/197.8/145/188.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

KathrynRose
06-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Well, I lost 3.9 more pounds this past week making it 24.7 pounds in six weeks. I wanted to lose .3 more pounds, but 3.9 is awesome. Stay cool everyone!

evepet
06-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Well, I lost 3.9 more pounds this past week making it 24.7 pounds in six weeks. I wanted to lose .3 more pounds, but 3.9 is awesome. Stay cool everyone!

Woo-hoo!!! Way to go! You're going great guns! :carrot:

BLUEJEWEL
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Okay usmcvet, couldn't resist, thought I'd change my signature to reflect what I'm doing once I hit goal. And for your information, that dress may cost as much as your trip to Disney World!

cant wait to see you in it! you are oh so close mamazu!
:carrot:

willsmashfat
06-30-2012, 11:51 PM

Renee

Renee - it is not just the hot car! It is the hot chick driving the hot car! I drive a Porsche convertible too and way more guys are looking than last summer!

cscape
07-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Spent the day in the garden, ( 5 hrs), drank lots of fluids and thought I was doing OK..there was a great breeze and temp only 90. I had a shake around 1:30 and an hour later had lettuce with veggies and my own dsg. I added extra salt due to all the sweating and digging. Around 4 I felt nauseous and thougtht I was going to faint. I was keeping up on my fluids..so I'm not sure what happened. Haven't been to the beach yet this year, and not able to go on my bike due to vision problems..so maybe it was because this was the first day i was out in the sun. I came in, grabbed a potassium bill from our B/fast stash, took a cold shower, put the ac on , and crashed for 2 hours.

I'm beginning my 3rd week on IP, any ideas what might have happened?
Oh yeah, I did take an IP bar and ate it thinking I needed carbs..I thougtht if I have to have 4 IP products today, I didn't care..I felt that bad.
Any ideas..has anyone else experienced this?

mompattie
07-01-2012, 12:44 AM

Get shopping!! You're sooooo close!!!!

I made the coffee, then put it in the freezer to cool it down quickly. After it was good and chilly, I used the cold coffee and some ice cubes in place of water, and shook that puppy up. Yummers! :)

I make this every morning! Iced coffee, splash of 0/0/0/ torani in French vanilla, dry vanilla pudding packet. Shake in shaker with ice martini style!!! Sooo good!!!

infoplease
07-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Spent the day in the garden, ( 5 hrs), drank lots of fluids and thought I was doing OK..there was a great breeze and temp only 90. I had a shake around 1:30 and an hour later had lettuce with veggies and my own dsg. I added extra salt due to all the sweating and digging. Around 4 I felt nauseous and thougtht I was going to faint. I was keeping up on my fluids..so I'm not sure what happened. Haven't been to the beach yet this year, and not able to go on my bike due to vision problems..so maybe it was because this was the first day i was out in the sun. I came in, grabbed a potassium bill from our B/fast stash, took a cold shower, put the ac on , and crashed for 2 hours.

I'm beginning my 3rd week on IP, any ideas what might have happened?
Oh yeah, I did take an IP bar and ate it thinking I needed carbs..I thougtht if I have to have 4 IP products today, I didn't care..I felt that bad.
Any ideas..has anyone else experienced this?

I think you overdid it.

Having the 4th IP was exactly the right thing to do.

I think what you tried to do -- space the foods, extra salt, extra water -- were all the right things, too.

Likely your body is still adjusting to the diet, and just was not ready for that much activity all in one day.

Ticiabean
07-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Dont let that get you down. Continue to work the program and the weight will come off soon enough.

Ticiabean
07-01-2012, 01:43 AM
I had my first NSV today....I was wering shorts I'd purchased awhile ago (which, by the way, fit normal two weeks ago). Well, while grocery shopping today, they kept sliding down my hips! When I got home and showed them to my husband, he was surprised and if I'm not mistaken he looked like he was impressed!

DanafromAustin
07-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Day 2, and I've had all my food. Not feeling so great. I'm detoxing, right? I will feel better on Day 4?

At least my hunger has left. :(
All part of the detoxing. You should feel a little improvement by tomorrow, and definitely better by day 4 hopefully. Hunger will go away soon. Hang in there, it's all so worth it.

Grrr... Just needed to vent. Walking to my parked car I saw someone had hit it. No note left, nothing! Just wanted to eat crunchy chips to take my frustration on and self soothe. But I'm on IP and can't. I'm definitely a carb addict and was wondering if there ever comes a time when your first thought doesn't turn to eating when you are upset.
Unfortunately at the 8th month mark I still think of food at those tmes, but at least now I know how to handle it.

Sooooo excited I just went to Sprouts Farmers market in Austin for the first time and all the WF products were 2/$5. Stocked up!!
Sounds like it's time to hit up Sprouts.

Longhorn Energy
07-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Get shopping!! You're sooooo close!!!!

I make this every morning! Iced coffee, splash of 0/0/0/ torani in French vanilla, dry vanilla pudding packet. Shake in shaker with ice martini style!!! Sooo good!!!

Hi mom,

Hope things are going well. Where do you get the Toranni syrups from?

newmom7611
07-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Hi mom,

i figured i'd chime in here.... i've seen them at local grocery stores like safeway... i think they sell toranni at starbucks too. just make sure you get the sugar free flavors. i actually used the da vinci brand syrups. i got french vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel-- all from walmart. remember to take away 1 splenda per each serving of syrup. *i had to stop using them because i guess my body is really sensitive to these things.. my weight loss slowed the weeks i used the syrups* << it seems most people don't have this problem tho. they are yummmyyyy. good luck :D

britne1
07-01-2012, 09:44 AM
HELP!!! My Dr's office is closed this week. I want to stay OP but I'm out of food. Can anyone recommend alternative RTD shakes that I can purchase?

Sassyc1979
07-01-2012, 09:57 AM

1 cup iced coffee
dash of cinnamon
vanilla pudding pack
ice cubes

Oh my goodness!!! Had this this morning!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting!!! Going to order mass quantities of the vanilla pudding!!! :):):):):dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::):)

enr20707
07-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Staying strong and loving the results. Except for the $$$... wallet getting skinny too.:carrot:

justbecause53
07-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Day four of reboot. Back in ketosis. Glad that P1 is always there for us. The thought of re-losing just a few pounds is so much better than trying it with 70.

Another gift of this program...confidence. I am pretty modest and have never liked clingy, fitted clothes. Perhaps was just hiding. Well, I am wearing tank tops again!!! Perhaps not a big deal to some folks but for me it has been way over twenty years. The other day I had taken off my dress (new puppy likes dangly things) and was going about the evening in leggings, bra and cami. Puppy needed out so I took her!!! There I was in the middle of the yard in a cami!!!! Oh well. Hubby thought it was cool. Also nice to wear clothes without Xs or Ws in the size. Anyway,I ramble. Need to go order new swimsuit. My 18 is baggy, and god knows I don,t need any more drag.

Love it! I know I have been trying to hide behind my clothes for way too long. I have especially hated summers because I try to cover up as much of me as I can. Tank tops and camis out in the yard...I know that is a HUGE deal! I think that is fantastic. You give me some hope. My starting numbers were similar to yours but I've been OP just since mid-April. Can't wait to see what two more months on program will bring. Thanks so much for your "ramble." It was just what I needed today!!! Congratulations on your hard work...go find a pretty swimsuit. :)

swimcoachmomma
07-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Love it! I know I have been trying to hide behind my clothes for way too long. I have especially hated summers because I try to cover up as much of me as I can. Tank tops and camis out in the yard...I know that is a HUGE deal! I think that is fantastic. You give me some hope. My starting numbers were similar to yours but I've been OP just since mid-April. Can't wait to see what two more months on program will bring. Thanks so much for your "ramble." It was just what I needed today!!! Congratulations on your hard work...go find a pretty swimsuit. :)

Welcome to the forum. We can do this. Day five and the scale is being slow. But it is okay, because I know the program works.

The gifts of the program are huge. I am remembering how exhausting a new puppy was the last time we did it. This time I have so much more energy and flexibility. Yay.

Since you have been doing this since April, you must be seeing good results, and likely needing new clothes. Who knew that shopping could be fun!!!

Enjoy your day.

mompattie
07-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi mom,

Hey there!! Yup going good here!! Enjoying the long weekend sunshine! Off to Waskeseiu tomorrow for the week so I feel like a pack mule, hauling and loading the camper!! I get my torani syrups at Hme Outiftters. Or I have found the Davinci syrups at Nutters health food store. I have also ordered online at thelowcarbgeocery. Im not sure Canadian Walmart carries them. Have youself an awesome weekend!!

DanafromAustin
07-01-2012, 10:52 AM
HELP!!! My Dr's office is closed this week. I want to stay OP but I'm out of food. Can anyone recommend alternative RTD shakes that I can purchase?
I use EAS Carb Advantage RTD. I can buy them at just about any supermarket, Target, Walmart, etc..

Good morning everyone. Sitting here at my computer looking out at the beautiful rain (much needed here in central Texas, and a bit of a break from heat) and enjoying the beautiful site. I was planning on going for a walk this morning, but if the rain holds up then I will head over to the gym instead. Have a nice Sunday.

patns
07-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi mom,

In Edmonton I got them from The Grocery People. There may be one in Calgary.

Also I think I saw some at The Bulk Barn before I was on IP, not sure about that though.

Pat

julied31
I have the vanilla pudding in cold coffee every morning! Love it!!

Had my weigh in this morning - down 4 pounds while on vacation!!! Woohoo!!! I'm so excited about this diet. 4 weeks and down almost 18 pounds. I could've never done this on any other diet. I'm excited to get back on track this week. I definitely didn't have enough veggies this week.

SewingMomma

Jeanie
I sew children's clothing and do machine embroidery/appliqué. I haven't taken in any of my own clothing because I love shopping for new clothes! :)

I can't believe that I'm getting so close to goal.

U bet on the pack leader thing. We always had rottweilers. We now have a beagle and another SA mastiff (aka Boerboel) as well as the puppy. This pup will be a challenge. She is the most inherent,ly dominant we have ever had. In 5days she has come around a lot. My daughter is really working with her. That said, she is a delite.
I google Boerboel. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful dog breed! I think we're going to add this one to our list of breeds we'd like to own someday.

Sometimes I still want to eat when I get upset, but I now have the willpower to resist. Sounds like you have it too! Way to go!

Oh my Goodness, you're so lose to goal! Love the idea of getting a dress! I haven't decided how to reward myself when I reach goal.

Great job.

A lot of folks use the EAS shakes and the pure protein bars. WalMart carries those.

patns
07-01-2012, 10:57 AM

The Premier Nutrition ones at Costco are actually the same as IP made by the same company. They have 11 ounces in each. The IP ones have 8 ounces. I drank all 11 ounces every morning while on phase 1 because it gave me 30 grams of protein to start the day.
Pat

reneepw
07-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Renee - it is not just the hot car! It is the hot chick driving the hot car! I drive a Porsche convertible too and way more guys are looking than last summer!

:) totally made me smile!

Lizrr and vet...seems I have a new nickname. :) not sure my husband will approve of cougar but wait..he definitely approves of the new body so far!

I wore my new capris today to church...size 10! And the waist is loose! Not the hips and thighs but I'm getting there.
Have a great Sunday!

reneepw
07-01-2012, 11:12 AM

Had my weigh in this morning - down 4 pounds while on vacation!!! Woohoo!!! I'm so excited about this diet. 4 weeks and down almost 18 pounds. I could've never done this on any other diet. I'm excited to get back on track this week. I definitely didn't have enough veggies this week.

Excellent! !!:dizzy:

Unwaver1ng
07-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi! I've been reading for the last few days and keeping up, but not posting. I had a family wedding and have basically been OP for the whole thing. It was tough getting veggies, since corn and potatoes were served for the wedding and I didn't bring enough with me. But I am very proud of ignoring drinks and desserts.

Funny story a few can relate to: a relative of mine shared her tip for a successful diet. Dove chocolate. She is right that a little chocolate doesn't have too many calories and she just eats one or two a day to satisfy her sweet tooth. I had to explain to her that no matter where that bag of chocolates was hidden, I wouldn't be able to stop until they were all gone. Luckily, one of my relatives also shared that she was the same way.

Still stays strong, and sending those same vibes to all of you as well!

~Jenni

sneuse
07-01-2012, 11:47 AM
I said it earlier in this post- but especially with weightlifting your muscles will retain some water while they tear and repair. Plus you are in PHASE 3! Enjoy your breakfast you lucky girl! *jealous*

Thank you LizRR - you've always provided me great support and advice. :hug: And might I add, you look AMAZING in your new avatar!

MaMaZu
07-01-2012, 11:57 AM

Target and Walmart sell Pure Protein powder and bars. I use them both.

sneuse
07-01-2012, 11:58 AM

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can sympathize a little.... my 87 year old grandfather (who lives with us) woke up Thursday morning in so much pain that he drove himself to the hospital because he didn't think he had time to call anyone to come take him. Apparently, when he got there he was so out of it and so desperate to get help that he just left his car parked against a curb. When they discharged him that afternoon (turns out he had a kidney stone), he was SO drugged up that he took a taxi home and left the car there. When I went to pick it up on Friday, someone had backed into and damaged it pretty severely, and even WORSE so a$$hole had keyed it! IN FRONT OF A HOSPITAL!

I've never been so angry in my life, especially since the hospital staff had told him twice they were going to have valet re-park it safely so nothing would happen to it. Thankfully someone watched the guy do it and speed off, so we got their plate information, but I think I'm more upset about the keying. I mean REALLY. It's a freaking hospital!

Anyway, long story (not so) short, I was about two seconds away from a chili cheeseburger and a beer. It just felt like the only thing that would calm me down. Luckily I had a friend with me who talked some sense into me, but if he hadn't been there I probably would've driven straight to the closest restaurant....

I'm proud of you for not turning to food, and I hope that in time it gets easier. Hopefully insurance will help you out with the damage to your car!

sneuse
07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
I use EAS Carb Advantage RTD. I can buy them at just about any supermarket, Target, Walmart, etc..

Good morning everyone. Sitting here at my computer looking out at the beautiful rain (much needed here in central Texas, and a bit of a break from heat) and enjoying the beautiful site. I was planning on going for a walk this morning, but if the rain holds up then I will head over to the gym instead. Have a nice Sunday.

Yay for rain! I was so upset last night when I went to bed and we hadn't had any.... it looks like its stopped for now but I'm crossing my fingers it returns!

Chloe222
07-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Your lunch sounds tasty! I love lamb, however, just checked the Phase 1 sheet (updated 5/2/12) and lamb is not allowed. It's hugely fatty...it's not even allowed once per week. It's one of the things I will enjoy when I get to maintenance!

I am trying to wait another 40 minutes before I have my snack. :D I hope this hunger goes away soon. I am on my second day and doing well except for being really hungry in the afternoon.
Me too, waiting till 12:30 for my lunch...drinking extra water. And then some extra water....trying to get in 160 + ounces today.

I still want to eat when angry or frustrated or sad...but I recognize what is happening and so I don't. It's been 5 months now (on IP).

MaMaZu,
You are only 3 lbs away from goal, how EXCITING!! Will you take a photo of the dress and post for us?

Yesterday I was thinking how I don't have a special gift or experience to commemorate reaching goal...hmmm, thought about this last night, I really don't have a special goal in life anymore, a really significant goal. I always used to write my goals, along with projected timelines. Right now I've reached them, I need new ones. My weight loss isn't a big goal - I have no doubt it will happen.

I have a 13 year old Honda and noticed 2 guys looking at me yesterday - but it could have been that I was pulling out of a parking space and they didn't want to get run over! I also have a Mercedes sedan, no one looks at me... of course a Mercedes sedan isn't sexy, but then neither is my Honda.

Chloe222
07-01-2012, 12:34 PM
I started this IP journey in February with 100% IP food and my clinic lost my food order the second week. My clinic stocks practically nothing. That's when I started with alternatives and had an order from them sent right away. I researched the Alternatives thread here for info. Now I use 90% alternatives and just 10% IP. My clinic doesn't mind if I just order a box once a month. I don't see a counselor, just email the receptionist and she emails back when my food is in (they don't stock food so orders can take a few days). Thankfully there are choices. That said, I think IP has excellent food quality and a great protocol. Not all clinics are equal though.

joysh
07-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi All! Getting ready for my twin granddaughters' first birthdY party. I will stY OP throughout this very big family party w lots of good. We've got veggie trays and when the cupcakes are served I'll drink my rtd chocolate drink. There are Also pickles on the trays. Oops ready to go in!

Chloe222
07-01-2012, 12:46 PM

That is so FABULOUS!! You're a great role model for others going on vaca and thinking it can't be done, and done so well! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

paulimapi
07-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Gah I just bit into an alfajor cookie and spit it out.

GrandmaKiss
07-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Gah I just bit into an alfajor cookie and spit it out.

I have no idea what an alfajor cokie is, but congratulations on stopping yourself.

ETA Now I know, double good for spitting it out !!!

paulimapi
07-01-2012, 02:09 PM
I have no idea what an alfajor cokie is, but congratulations on stopping yourself.

ETA Now I know, double good for spitting it out !!!

http://www.ziiple.com/restaurant/saboraperu/administrator/components/com_restaurantmenumanager/assets/alfajores.jpg
That's an alfajor cookie haha
Thank God I spit it out completely, I don't know what got into me it was a very weird impulse.

vovo
07-01-2012, 02:15 PM
101 Salad Recipe Ideas: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/dining/22mlist.html?em

Not all of them are IP friendly, but they can be adapted to fit our needs. If nothing else, it's a good reminder that veggies can be exciting!!

DanafromAustin
07-01-2012, 02:16 PM
http://www.ziiple.com/restaurant/saboraperu/administrator/components/com_restaurantmenumanager/assets/alfajores.jpg
Thank God I spit it out completely, I don't know what got into me it was a very weird impulse.

You get extra points for spitting that out as it looks extra good!

Porthardygurl
07-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Gooooooood Morning from Port Hardy, BC today..Happy Canada Day!!

So hubby officially told me my numbers for the month. I posted them down below on my signature for each week..Ive officially lost 15 #s in 4 weeks OP. That is the longest i have gone so far on this diet without cheating once. I plan to keep going too!!! One more # to go and then i will be officially out of 300 land.. YAY!!!

Is 15#s a good number for a monthly weight loss??

Anyway.. hope all is well...Take care!

GrandmaKiss
07-01-2012, 02:55 PM

Food porn, hide your eyes.

MaMaZu
07-01-2012, 03:01 PM
MaMaZu,
You are only 3 lbs away from goal, how EXCITING!! Will you take a photo of the dress and post for us?

Oh yes,I will definitely be documenting that! I've wanted a DVF Wrap dress for decades, never could justify the price, but losing 50 lbs definitely calls for something über-special.

evepet
07-01-2012, 03:11 PM

So hubby officially told me my numbers for the month. I posted them down below on my signature for each week..Ive officially lost 15 #s in 4 weeks OP. That is the longest i have gone so far on this diet without cheating once. I plan to keep going too!!! One more # to go and then i will be officially out of 300 land.. YAY!!!

You're doing great! Congrats! :carrot:.

LOL. I was thinking along similiar lines. It sure does look tasty. :D

GeauxTigers82
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM
I just got a ninja! What do I do with it??? Lol...

What is the butterscotch/coffee drink that some of you guys like?

sneuse
07-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Anyone tried the ChocoRite protein powders? I'm looking at buying the chocolate fudge brownie and peanut butter flavors for when I'm working in maintenance. Not sure how they taste though.... They didn't seem to get much mention in the Alternative threads so thought I'd check here!

Chloe222
07-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi All! Getting ready for my twin granddaughters' first birthdY party. I will stY OP throughout this very big family party w lots of good. We've got veggie trays and when the cupcakes are served I'll drink my rtd chocolate drink. There are Also pickles on the trays. Oops ready to go in!
That's perfect, be prepared!

We're going to our usual Sunday night dinner with friends and I'll actually eat most of my dinner before I get there and just have salad and water once there.

mompattie
07-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Anyone tried the ChocoRite protein powders? I'm looking at buying the chocolate fudge brownie and peanut butter flavors for when I'm working in maintenance. Not sure how they taste though.... They didn't seem to get much mention in the Alternative threads so thought I'd check here!

I bought the peanut butter one and threw it out, it was gross! Very chaulky and artificial tasting!!

LizRR
07-01-2012, 05:20 PM

Is 15#s a good number for a monthly weight loss??!

15 lb is AMAZING!!! Keep it up and it will keep dropping off, the longer you stay OP, seriously the easier it gets! You are doing great!

Lol, that was my first thought when I saw the pic!

You can use shopforprotein.com to get IP foods, shipping is free in the US and very quick.

mightbe
07-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I love my Ninja! This morning I mixed my shake with some coffee and caramel syrup and tons of ice, it was so good!

patns
07-01-2012, 05:38 PM

Excellent!!! Hubby is a genius for talking you out of using the scale for a month at a time.
Here's to a great July with another great great loss. You can do this.

Pat

LizRR
07-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Excellent!!! Hubby is a genius for talking you out of using the scale for a month at a time.
Here's to a great July with another great great loss. You can do this.

Pat

Agree 100000% percent!

MiamiCajun
07-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can sympathize a little.... my 87 year old grandfather (who lives with us) woke up Thursday morning in so much pain that he drove himself to the hospital because he didn't think he had time to call anyone to come take him. Apparently, when he got there he was so out of it and so desperate to get help that he just left his car parked against a curb. When they discharged him that afternoon (turns out he had a kidney stone), he was SO drugged up that he took a taxi home and left the car there. When I went to pick it up on Friday, someone had backed into and damaged it pretty severely, and even WORSE so a$$hole had keyed it! IN FRONT OF A HOSPITAL!

I've never been so angry in my life, especially since the hospital staff had told him twice they were going to have valet re-park it safely so nothing would happen to it. Thankfully someone watched the guy do it and speed off, so we got their plate information, but I think I'm more upset about the keying. I mean REALLY. It's a freaking hospital!

Anyway, long story (not so) short, I was about two seconds away from a chili cheeseburger and a beer. It just felt like the only thing that would calm me down. Luckily I had a friend with me who talked some sense into me, but if he hadn't been there I probably would've driven straight to the closest restaurant....

I'm proud of you for not turning to food, and I hope that in time it gets easier. Hopefully insurance will help you out with the damage to your car!

Sneuse, Thank you for sharing your story. I am so glad your grandfather was ok, but I just can't believe some people can be so heartless. You are right, at a hospital emergencies are bound to happen and keying a car is just vindictive! I hope in the end ya'll got some justice! :hug:

Just got to keep telling myself emotional eating helped get me to this weight and it won't get it off. Sometimes it's easier to eat than to confront the situations/people that upset us... but the irony is we don't feel better and the next day we feel even worse. I'm glad I have this wonderful community to help me realize that. Thanks for the wonderful support you all give to me and to each other! :D

DanafromAustin
07-01-2012, 07:10 PM

15 pounds is excellent!

locopollo
07-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Congratulations on the 15 pounds! That's fantastic! :D

Those DiVinchi sugarfree syrups are available at Cost Plus World Market and they have good sales if you're a (free) member!

Day 3 is a gazillion times better than Day 2. Going to dinner at my parents' place (they are just here for six weeks and just arrived last night) and taking salad. I told them I'm on a diet and will eat plain chicken and salad...I hope they know what that means! A little nervous, but if worse comes to worst, I will be eating a lot of salad.

Thanks for the reassurance that things would improve. Today, I have actually had bursts of energy, which I am sure enjoying!

SewingMomma
07-01-2012, 07:53 PM
15 pounds is excellent!

Dana,
I love your pictures! You look fantastic!

Onyxmom
07-01-2012, 07:57 PM
I just joined this forum yesterday, and found this thread today. I'm glad I did. Weekend plans included getting all of the fat clothes out of my closet and pricing them (along with some other stuff) for a yard sale next weekend.

On another note, this past week at work was SUPER busy for me. In the past I would have gone out to dinner with several alcoholic beverages on Friday after work. This week, when I was feeling worn out and frustrated, I stepped on the scale. This was a quick reminder of why I've chosen this program.

Keep this thread going. I like seeing what everyone's up to.

jebaughman
07-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Today has been a better day for me. My grand daughter who is staying with me this sumer to be close to her job, just came home from the store with chocolate cupcakes. I told her she had to eat all of them today or stake them to her friends house. Yesterday I had ulcer like stomach pains, when you think if I eat something it will help. It was a difficult day. Today I feel much better and no problems. Thank you all for the encouragement. I can get through this.

Ravenswood2012
07-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Butterscotch pudding & coffee ~

I make coffee, chill it, mix w/ butterscotch pudding & a little water, 2 Tbsp WF caramel syrup, shake. Add ice & shake again, & enjoy.

GeauxTigers82
07-01-2012, 08:48 PM

I make coffee, chill it, mix w/ butterscotch pudding & a little water, 2 Tbsp WF caramel syrup, shake. Add ice & shake again, & enjoy.

Thank you!

sneuse
07-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Anyone know the raw to cooked ratio for something like a pork tenderloin?

I just made one in the crock pot, but think the measurements must be off. The package said it was just shy of five pounds, but when I weighed it after cooking it was only 26 oz.

Surely a lean meat like that couldn't have shrunk to a third of its size!! I know the scale was correct in the post cook weight, but I'm wondering if the weight on the package was wrong somehow...

DanafromAustin
07-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Dana,
I love your pictures! You look fantastic!
Thank you so much! :hug:

Chloe222
07-01-2012, 09:46 PM
15 pounds is excellent!
Dana,
Your photos show a gorgeous change. IP is such a great diet.

Sassyc1979
07-01-2012, 09:53 PM

Ooh this sounds delicious. Have to check to see if my starter kit includes butterscotch pudding. :dizzy::dizzy:

newmom7611
07-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Seriously, that freakin chocolate drink ice cream is amazing. I'm coming in on my last day of phase 3 tomorrow, and i think that ice cream will be in my freezer sometime in the future for a quick snack. Since i have my restricted at night *and the choc drink is obviously NOT restricted* , i crush up a few choc soy balls and add them in for a crunch "choc chip" texture. I bet the peanut butter ones would make an awesome reese cup ice cream.. incredible.

Anyway, I've been obsessing over upcoming phase 4 (tuesday) -- I'm super nervous. I'm also really excited, but i'm petrified of putting weight back on or blowing the guidelines just for lack of not knowing the "new menu." I'm so used to phase 1. Phase 2 was pretty simple.. Phase 3 things got a little hairy.. Now i'm SO SO scared to screw up this life long thing. I'm going to give it my all and really try to keep portions small and only do as i'm told, but i have to be completely honest... is the [I]beast[I] really tamed? i feel like once i have the food back, will i totally take advantage of it and binge? i mean, i argue with myself and say, i have toast and ONE tablespoon of peanut butter for breakfast.. i stop at that... Why wouldn't i be able to control myself at any other time? Ugh, i don't know. I guess it's just an internal battle that i'm going to have to get over. It's the change that makes me nervous, i suppose. I'll just have to get used to it like i did phase one in the beginning. Get some menu items down and plan things out like i have the past 8 months. That's my plan for now.. find some lunches and dinners that are maintenance worthy, write them down and stick to the menu. i'm hoping to have 15 or so meals that i can switch up so i don't get sick of anything quickly..,.. Sorry for the long rant :o Just had to vent to people who may understand. my husband is so sick of hearing me obsess over food.

usmcvet
07-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I just joined this forum yesterday, and found this thread today. I'm glad I did. Weekend plans included getting all of the fat clothes out of my closet and pricing them (along with some other stuff) for a yard sale next weekend.

On another note, this past week at work was SUPER busy for me. In the past I would have gone out to dinner with several alcoholic beverages on Friday after work. This week, when I was feeling worn out and frustrated, I stepped on the scale. This was a quick reminder of why I've chosen this program.

Keep this thread going. I like seeing what everyone's up to. check in daily. There is always a daily chat thread. Welcome!

Oh yes,I will definitely be documenting that! I've wanted a DVF Wrap dress for decades, never could justify the price, but losing 50 lbs definitely calls for something über-special.

I'm not into dresses but I am excited for you. I know many of you were excited for me when I bought myself a watch for loosing seventy pounds. I am buying a new bed once I hit 125# whichmismhalf way! I am not sure what they cost but if you can afford it do it. You've done so well. I hope you share photos! I stole the Disney line from the Super Bowl.

Had my weigh in this morning - down 4 pounds while on vacation!!! Woohoo!!! I'm so excited about this diet. 4 weeks and down almost 18 pounds. I could've never done this on any other diet. I'm excited to get back on track this week. I definitely didn't have enough veggies this week. awesome.

Okay usmcvet, couldn't resist, thought I'd change my signature to reflect what I'm doing once I hit goal. And for your information, that dress may cost as much as your trip to Disney World!. Go for it. You deserve a nice treat. We only go around once!

I had my first NSV today....I was wering shorts I'd purchased awhile ago (which, by the way, fit normal two weeks ago). Well, while grocery shopping today, they kept sliding down my hips! When I got home and showed them to my husband, he was surprised and if I'm not mistaken he looked like he was impressed! awesome!!!!!

ESA at Walmart also check out GNC
Haha! You are too funny.
enjoy your time off!

Thanks. I am. Missedyoumguys today.

Diana B
07-01-2012, 10:45 PM
I am testing to see my picture shows up on here, the first was taken on Feb. 28, 2012, the most recent on June 28, 2012, really puts into perspective how far I've come :carrot:

DanafromAustin
07-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Dana,
Your photos show such a gorgeous change. IP is such a great diet.
Thanks so much Chloe. I know many of us have body image issues, so it really does help to see these side by side pics.
I am testing to see my picture shows up on here, the first was taken on Feb. 28, 2012, the most recent on June 28, 2012, really puts into perspective how far I've come :carrot:
You look great!

locopollo
07-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Love the photos! You guys rock!

newmom, just put the same focus into your Phase 4 diet as you have put into the other phases. You've got this! No need to fall back into old habits. You have a new way of eating and you're going to be great!

Dinner at my mom's was tasty, though not perfect. They fried the chicken (not deep fried). I got mine NOT dredged in flower. And I skipped the rice and bread and wine and beer. Plus salad and veggies, and more than 2 cups, I think. I'm sure I'll be fine, and it won't be the last time I have to deal with little issues.

See y'all tomorrow for Day 4!

locopollo
07-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Flower! LOL!

Bdmom
07-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Early WI today as we left for vacation, but OMG - the WHOOSH fairy totally stopped by! Woo hoo!!!! Have a great week everyone, and good luck!

Sassyc1979
07-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Wow you look amazing! Way to go!

Stefany1769
07-02-2012, 02:16 AM
I just got a ninja! What do I do with it??? Lol...

What is the butterscotch/coffee drink that some of you guys like?
I just got one for my anniversary! LOL I know I know!! But I wanted it :P
I have been making the chocolate/spinach shake and the pina colada shake.

Anyone know the raw to cooked ratio for something like a pork tenderloin?
I just made one in the crock pot, but think the measurements must be off. The package said it was just shy of five pounds, but when I weighed it after cooking it was only 26 oz.
Surely a lean meat like that couldn't have shrunk to a third of its size!! I know the scale was correct in the post cook weight, but I'm wondering if the weight on the package was wrong somehow...
From what I have found when I googled it, if you have 8 ounces of meat raw you will lose a half ounce in the cooking process. Hope that helps :)

Seriously, that freakin chocolate drink ice cream is amazing. I'm coming in on my last day of phase 3 tomorrow, and i think that ice cream will be in my freezer sometime in the future for a quick snack. Since i have my restricted at night *and the choc drink is obviously NOT restricted* , i crush up a few choc soy balls and add them in for a crunch "choc chip" texture. I bet the peanut butter ones would make an awesome reese cup ice cream.. incredible.

Anyway, I've been obsessing over upcoming phase 4 (tuesday) -- I'm super nervous. I'm also really excited, but i'm petrified of putting weight back on or blowing the guidelines just for lack of not knowing the "new menu." I'm so used to phase 1. Phase 2 was pretty simple.. Phase 3 things got a little hairy.. Now i'm SO SO scared to screw up this life long thing. I'm going to give it my all and really try to keep portions small and only do as i'm told, but i have to be completely honest... is the [I]beast[I] really tamed? i feel like once i have the food back, will i totally take advantage of it and binge? i mean, i argue with myself and say, i have toast and ONE tablespoon of peanut butter for breakfast.. i stop at that... Why wouldn't i be able to control myself at any other time? Ugh, i don't know. I guess it's just an internal battle that i'm going to have to get over. It's the change that makes me nervous, i suppose. I'll just have to get used to it like i did phase one in the beginning. Get some menu items down and plan things out like i have the past 8 months. That's my plan for now.. find some lunches and dinners that are maintenance worthy, write them down and stick to the menu. i'm hoping to have 15 or so meals that i can switch up so i don't get sick of anything quickly..,.. Sorry for the long rant :o Just had to vent to people who may understand. my husband is so sick of hearing me obsess over food.
The chocolate drink ice cream is definitely the bomb!! :D
You will do fine!! Just keep putting forth the effort to learn and you will do fine. I have been researching out what P3 & P4 are all about since I am getting close. We can learn together :) :hug:

Mornin' all!
Liz,
Thank you for the advice! I didnt think of the soups, that should work pretty good. I am worried about keeping the veggies from rotting, but I will make it work. :)