40-Somethings - Back (yet again) to support and receive support!

archychick
06-29-2012, 08:12 PM
I love these boards and have missed being here...yet again. As so many others, I allowed life to take me hostage. I am back now with a renewed sense of purpose.

I have finally been promoted from my bellydance class to the performance group. This means lots of wonderful exercise as I need to memorize several routines at once. It also means no more wear-what-you-want, but bedlahs and revealing outfits. On top of it, my best friend is hand-beading me a gorgeous bedlah for my b-day (April) and I want to do all of her hard work justice. If that isn't reason enough to move past myself and lose this weight, then I don't know what is! lol

I started (again) on Saturday and have had a good run of it so far.

:cheer:

twinieten
06-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Belly dancing! That's impressive! You must have an amazing core!

Congrats on your promotion and welcome back to 3FC and your renewed commitment to losing weight and getting fit!

archychick
07-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Belly dancing! That's impressive! You must have an amazing core!

Congrats on your promotion and welcome back to 3FC and your renewed commitment to losing weight and getting fit!

I have become much stronger at my core and much more flexible. I can do many difficult moves, but the problem is that they cannot be seen properly due to the fat. lol I refuse to give up. ;)

Congratulations on your weightloss! You don't look like you have much to go to hit your goal! :carrot:

beth4365
07-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi archychick,

I'm so envious... congratulations on your promotion AND your renewed sense of purpose!

Best wishes for you!