South Beach Diet - going to the beach

View Full Version : going to the beach

irinaelenav
06-29-2012, 10:20 AM
i need your help chicks.tomorrow i go to the beach and spend the night in tent. so i need ideas on what to prepare for luch dinner cause i have no idea what to prepare
tyin advance:hug:

CatMat
06-29-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm an avid camper, so I'll be happy to give you suggestions. I just need a little more info: Group camping? Are you guys cooking over a fire or a grill, or do you need to prep everything in advance? Will you be car camping or hiking in?

irinaelenav
06-29-2012, 01:26 PM
group camping and as far as i know we prepare home everything (maybe they will do some fire cooking but i wanna make me sbd friendly food that doesnt necessarely need heating) lol first time camping dont laugh:o

CatMat
07-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm sorry - I was out of town all weekend and didn't see your response until this morning! Hopefully you did okay! I'm not laughing at the first time camping thing - If you didn't grow up in a family that camped, then it usually takes an invitation from someone who did!
Anyway, for the future, I would recommend salads made with cabbage - they don't wilt, or basically just get better as they do. Do you have Coleslaw in italy? I do variations on that with vinaigrette dressing rather than creamy style dressing. It holds up under any circumstances! You can use either canned/jarred Tuna as a protein, or some cured sausages and hard cheeses. Anything that will hold up to less than wonderful refrigeration is great! How did it go?

irinaelenav
07-02-2012, 12:11 PM
lol i didnt do "good" i finished up eating pizza wahahahaha

i was ok i guess the night was terrible due to some teens making to much noise and in the morning we woke up( not that i closed my eyes more than 15 minutes that night) with a cloudy sky that made us leaveafter lunch.
ohh well it could be worse