Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 6/29/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 6/29/12

Chloe222
06-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Chloe222
06-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Good morning all!
Welcome to all the many new folks who have joined us on our merry journey!

For the new losers, you will be amazed at how the time flies. I know it doesn't seem that way perhaps, especially the first 2 months, but hang in there and soon you'll be looking back and wondering where the time went. You might also be amazed at how much you've lost by then, and how great you feel.

I had my 21st WI this morning, down 1.4 pounds. Within 2 weeks I should be in the 140's! Maybe next week but I don't want to put that pressure on myself.

Everyone, Have a great day, stay OP!

:dust:

Thorfinn
06-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Down to 175 :):)

10 more to go and I'll be in business.

Have to go pick up the boat this morning at the shop once my help gets here. Hopefully I'll get out on the reservoir tomorrow and Sunday...then the boat goes back in for new coils & a water separator on Monday.

usmcvet
06-29-2012, 08:48 AM

Have to go pick up the boat this morning at the shop once my help gets here. Hopefully I'll get out on the reservoir tomorrow and Sunday...then the boat goes back in for new coils & a water separator on Monday.

Awesome work, skinny!

Remember parade tomorrow. So Main St. Will be closed and a mess from 9-1 or 2.

:dizzy:

Dakin
06-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Good morning my IP family!
VET: You knocked it out of the part!!! We were all hoping for 100 ... on no! You blazed it with 107!!! Woo Hoo!

Yesterday's 'stressful' lunch turned out ok, and I'm happy to report no negative recourse on the scale, so I don't even have to do a P1 day today.
Thanks to Kaypix advice, I think I can successfully load that picture.
As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii568/hazeltoo/beforeafter.jpg

reneepw
06-29-2012, 09:05 AM
VET: You knocked it out of the part!!! We were all hoping for 100 ... on no! You blazed it with 107!!! Woo Hoo!

Yesterday's 'stressful' lunch turned out ok, and I'm happy to report no negative recourse on the scale, so I don't even have to do a P1 day today.
As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.

wow! I would have thought this was 2 different people. You look great!

Thorfinn
06-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Awesome work, skinny!

Remember parade tomorrow. So Main St. Will be closed and a mess from 9-1 or 2.

:dizzy:
Thanks bud!

I did an online BMI calculator and I'm at 26.25.....Apparently somewhere between 22 and 25 is ideal so that's what I'm shooting for.

Oh boy.....wonder if Stowe's parade is tomorrow too?

I'm putting in at the State Park ramp in Waterbury center so I shouldn't have to go down into town :)

NOVAScents
06-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Happy Friday!!

I'm finally back and I think things are going to be relaxed for a few weeks. WHEW!

I survived my trip back home. I am SO happy I was on IP because while I did cheat, I did SO MUCH BETTER than I would have done off the program. I easily would have gained 6lbs off the program, but instead I lost .6!

I have my official WI on Tuesday. Going to push myself this week. It's getting harder and harder the closer I get to goal. I've been telling myself "okay, next week I'll go to phase 2 since I'm OVER this" and then I get to next week and push to the NEXT week. So thats where I am- pushing myself along.

I WANT to be at goal. I don't want to quit... I just need to keep telling myself that!!

Hope everyone has an awesome day!!

Darralyn
06-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Good morning all!

For the new losers, you will be amazed at how the time flies. I know it doesn't seem that way perhaps, especially the first 2 months, but hang in there and soon you'll be looking back and wondering where the time went. You might also be amazed at how much you've lost by then, and how great you feel.

I had my 21st WI this morning, down 1.4 pounds. Within 2 weeks I should be in the 140's! Maybe next week but I don't want to put that pressure on myself.

Thank you for starting the thread and congratulations on your WI! You are truly an inspiration!

Congratulations and it sure sounds like you are enjoying your boat this summer!! Lucky you!!

Happy Friday!!

I'm finally back and I think things are going to be relaxed for a few weeks. WHEW!

I survived my trip back home. I am SO happy I was on IP because while I did cheat, I did SO MUCH BETTER than I would have done off the program. I easily would have gained 6lbs off the program, but instead I lost .6!

I have my official WI on Tuesday. Going to push myself this week. It's getting harder and harder the closer I get to goal. I've been telling myself "okay, next week I'll go to phase 2 since I'm OVER this" and then I get to next week and push to the NEXT week. So thats where I am- pushing myself along.

I WANT to be at goal. I don't want to quit... I just need to keep telling myself that!!

Good for you; I hope you make your goal! I am sure you can do it!! :carrot::carrot:

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Dakin

As I said, I was not aware it was being taken, and I was wearing jeans that were floating on me, but I was still surprised when I saw it and realized it was me.[QUOTE]
You look Marvelous Dahling!!! Good job! :hug:

WingnutandMe
06-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Good morning IPers.

Dakin, wow, what a change. Thought it was two different people. Well, I guess I was. It's a new you. Way to go.

Up, but way too early as we only got to the hotel 4 1/2 hours ago. We are hauling a golf cart on a trailer and a 12 foot John boat in the bed, so only travel at 60 or 65 mph on I-75. Got started later and we're staying further into Kentucky.

Have either a cookie or bar for breakfast on the road and then Subway for lunch. Will have dinner out somewhere when we arrive since we have not done shopping and the refrigerator has been unplugged.

Can't wait to be able to veg out just staring at the peaceful lake. I know the lack of stress from being away from work will make the pounds shed.

Have a great OP day.
Molly

aimeed3
06-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Morning Everyone!!!! :carrot::carrot: TGIF!!! :carrot::carrot:

Day 4 for me. Yesterday I was really sleepy then after I had dinner, I felt a burst of energy, didnt last very long but it was there, haha
Today I feel good so far.

I snuck on the scale again (need to get rid of that thing) and it is going down. Cant wait for Tuesday to see exactly how much.

Hope everyone had a great day today!! I am going search for some ideas to get my veggies in b/c its getting hard for me. I only eat a select few. :(

Darralyn
06-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Happy Friday IPeeps!
Wishing you the best day of the week and wonderful WI's today!! I am sitting right at 170 so hoping to go into a new decade of the 60's soon! I remember that era well it's when I was a teenager! Can't wait to get back there!:D
I just want to tell you all how special you are and what a great job you're all doing. This is not an easy path but it is simple and if we follow the plan it works! You all inspire me daily. THANK YOU! :grouphug:

Thorfinn
06-29-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm curious. What is the aversion to scales at home? :?:

Is there something wrong with wanting to check your progress throughout the week?

I get on my scale daily and it's generally a source of encouragement.

Thorfinn
06-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Good morning IPers.

Can't wait to be able to veg out just staring at the peaceful lake. I know the lack of stress from being away from work will make the pounds shed.

Have a great OP day.
Molly

Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend!

shathom
06-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Good morning all, well the holiday is almost here, last year I dreaded it cause it meant sweating like a pig in the Florida sun, this year, my attitude has changed and I'm looking forward to going to the beach and playing in the surf, IP rocks! Have a great day everyone :cool:

Chloe222
06-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Dakin,
You look amazing!! Like all the others said, you really look like a different person. FABULOUS!!

Molly,
I'm glad you are getting away to the cottage and will have quality time to chill out, in a space you dearly love. That's the best! Enjoy it!

Drive safely.

Is there something wrong with wanting to check your progress throughout the week?

Thorfinn,
Like you, I weigh myself daily. The scale also automatically calculates body fat%, skeletal muscle %, BMR, etc. and I keep a little spreadsheet in my bathroom. Am I nuts? Probably. However, the little blips of being up now and then don't bother me. I'm fascinated by the little changes in fat which are at times up from the previous day (which are probably just showing up as fat but really water), or increases in muscle (I work out 5X/week). This whole thing takes less than 1 minute, literally.

However, some folks (and perhaps most) get upset when the scale goes up for 1 day, 2 days, etc. despite being totally OP. That's the reason its recommended folks don't weigh themselves daily - most can't take the little variations when its not in their favor. I am not bothered by it at all, like you.

Enjoy that boat!!

mylastdiet
06-29-2012, 10:04 AM
I have to rush to start work, but I just had to share! My "official" WI isn't until Tuesday, but the woosh fairy snuck into my house when I wasn't looking. As of this morning, I am 297! Another Century! This is the first time I have been below 300 in 15 years!!!

I don't post often, but I read these boards daily. You guys are so inspirational and encouraging. I couldn't have gotten into "twoterville" without these boards.

Big HUGS to everyone here! Now, gotta get started on the next goal - I haven't decided yet what that will be, but will share when I decide. That way, you guys can hold me accountable.

mompattie
06-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Good morning IPers.

Dakin, wow, what a change. Thought it was two different people. Well, I guess I was. It's a new you. Way to go.

Up, but way too early as we only got to the hotel 4 1/2 hours ago. We are hauling a golf cart on a trailer and a 12 foot John boat in the bed, so only travel at 60 or 65 mph on I-75. Got started later and we're staying further into Kentucky.

Have either a cookie or bar for breakfast on the road and then Subway for lunch. Will have dinner out somewhere when we arrive since we have not done shopping and the refrigerator has been unplugged.

Have a great OP day.
Molly

That looks And sounds like heaven Molly!! We love going to our lake as well, so relaxing even when the kids are busy swimming and playing it is relaxing!! Just a different pace. And cheating is not an option, so I don't find it hard to stay OP. you are doing great!

Day 4 for me. Yesterday I was really sleepy then after I had dinner, I felt a burst of energy, didnt last very long but it was there, haha

I snuck on the scale again (need to get rid of that thing) and it is going down. Cant wait for Tuesday to see exactly how much.

Hope everyone had a great day today!! I am going search for some ideas to get my veggies in b/c its getting hard for me. I only eat a select few. :(

You are doing great! Almost done your first week!!! Have you tried rhubarb? I stew it, add Splenda to it, then have it with an oatmeal package baked as a crisp or a vanilla pudding. So good and easy to get veggies in that way!

rvingprincess
06-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Good Friday morning everyone, just have to get throught today at work then I am on holidays for 2 weeks, :carrot::carrot::carrot: so you might not hear from me for awhile. Going to visit family and friends in Ottawa for the long weekend (it is Canada Day here) and they have not seen me since last year and have no idea that I have lost 35 lbs. so far, so that should be fun. Looking forward to 2 weeks of no stress of work, just travelling around. I wish everyone great success on their WI's.

Caren

Sweetness2
06-29-2012, 10:27 AM
I am starting my 4th day on IP. I have had horrible headaches and nausea. It seems to be subsiding a little today although the headache is not totally gone. I have to say that the 5.5 lb. weight loss has made it easier to bear. My coach tells me that this will get better. Did it for ya?

rvingprincess
06-29-2012, 10:30 AM
I am starting my 4th day on IP. I have had horrible headaches and nausea. It seems to be subsiding a little today although the headache is not totally gone. I have to say that the 5.5 lb. weight loss has made it easier to bear. My coach tells me that this will get better. Did it for ya?

Yes it gets way better, the first week is the hardest as your body is going through withdrawals of sorts. I feel better than I have in about 25 years, so keep the faith and as they say "this to shall pass". Good luck on your journey.

Caren

Dakin
06-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Happy Friday!!

You are doing great! Vacations can be your undoing, but you handled it really well. I can totally relate about the 'wanting to be done, but not really' feeling. I flip-flopped on when to transition to P2 and P3 for about a month before I finally did it. I'm P4 now, but still largely eating P2 / P3 ish... really the only major change is a glass of red wine every few days.I don't feel deprived at all, and I'm still losing about 1 lb per week. Your progress is fabulous!

Good morning IPers.

Have a great OP day.
Molly

Thanks Molly. I love putting a face to the name, so decided to take the plunge... even tho it's outside of my comfort zone. You and hubs live such an exciting life! You are always traveling! I think that's really awesome. BTW... my DH also bought a golf cart. Yeah, and he doesn't even play golf.... just thought it'd be fun to tool around the yard, use at volunteer events, and tow the leaf trailer when doing yard work. He's a little eccentric. lol

Amieed and Sweetness, Congrats on your first week. Don't worry, you will begin to feel better soon. Day 3 - 4 were the WORST for me! I agree, seeing the scale move really is motivation to push through those less-than-perfect moments. Hang in there - the best is yet to come!

Happy Friday IPeeps!
Wishing you the best day of the week and wonderful WI's today!! I am sitting right at 170 so hoping to go into a new decade of the 60's soon! I remember that era well it's when I was a teenager! Can't wait to get back there!:D
I just want to tell you all how special you are and what a great job you're all doing. This is not an easy path but it is simple and if we follow the plan it works! You all inspire me daily. THANK YOU! :grouphug:
Darralyn, sending the Whoosh Fairy to help push you into a new decade! Have a great day!

Dakin
06-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Chloe, thank you for the compliment. You especially have helped me get here, when I was having difficulties a few months ago, you were quick to step up and PM me to get me through it. It really does take a village, doesn't it? Have a great day!

locopollo
06-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Happy Canada Day! Wait, isn't that July 1? Oh, I'm confused!

mylastdiet, congratulations on getting past that milestone! :D

It's my first day. I had chocolate drink mix for breakfast, plus my vitamins and supplements, a half pickle and some lettuce with WF. My lettuce has grown too long and it a bit bitter. Ho hum. I also went to the store and stocked up on veggies, since I am not working out intensely like normal. It's nice to have a break from that. :)

OK, have a great FRIDAY!

IPdivajen
06-29-2012, 10:43 AM

I do it as well and it's fantastic - when things are moving in the right direction.

When they're not, like they currently aren't for me, then it just gives you that extra bit of stress and stress isn't great for weight loss. We also can can and lose little bits here and there due to water retention, etc, so it's not always the best predictor of what your real weigh in will look like.

I can't help it, though. Especially now that I'm stalled/gaining again. I NEED to look every morning to see what's happening, despite the fact that my coach has basically begged me not too. It sucks though - on days where I see a loss (even a .6lb one like yesterday) it totally makes my day. Then today, when I'm UP by .7lbs, which puts me higher than I was two days ago, I just want to cry and it impacts my entire day.

reneepw
06-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Happy Friday IPeeps!

Good luck moving that digit! You will get there. You always have such a positive spin on things! I love reading your updates.

reneepw
06-29-2012, 10:47 AM

Hang in there sweetness. My first week was awful. especially the headaches. I was popping excedrin a lot. Hang in there; i promise it gets better! And not only does that nasty feeling go away - but you'll zoom right to feeling great..

NewPath
06-29-2012, 10:49 AM

AMAZING GIRL!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK SO CUTE AND ANGULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reneepw
06-29-2012, 10:50 AM

Me too! And when it doesn't move, or moves up, it gives me instant feedback and makes me stop and go through my mental checklist.

dizzyjean
06-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Good morning all!

Thanks for the encouragement...One day I too will hit the 140's. It makes me happy to think of it!
I've already shown property and will be working on contracts for 2 homes all weekend. Busy Busy as a Realtor. WI tomorrow, hoping for a loss. Come on baby!!
Happiness to all, the weekend is almost here.

Tigerlvr52
06-29-2012, 11:05 AM
So Last night I was a bad bad IPer. I went to a work function and strayed. I am posting to stay accountable but I am not beating myself up. I woke up this morning and said to myself "Today is a new day to stay 100% OP"

aimeed3
06-29-2012, 11:14 AM

I have the tendancy to get on multiple times a day and if its not going in the right direction, I get discouraged. It's really just a mind thing for me.

Kaypix
06-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Some people get overly freaked out if the scale moves up or doesn't move at all throughout the week. If it stresses someone out that can actually slow down their weight loss and become a huge mental burden, so many don't weigh daily. I think it's actually recommended that you dont' until you're in maintenance with things like WW etc.

So glad to help, and your pictures look like two totally different people! You are very inspiring!

Me too! And when it doesn't move, or moves up, it gives me instant feedback and makes me stop and go through my mental checklist.
I weigh daily and normally it's good because I can track "did i get enough sleep? did I eat too much salt, too little oil?" etc. etc. etc. but some days when it creeps up I still kick myself and feel guilty for the day before.

bttrhalf
06-29-2012, 11:16 AM

sweetness, it will get better it is just body getting use to eating this way. try putting a bit of salt in your water and drink lots of water you may dehydrated which will cause a headache the nausea could be from the vitamin try eating first then take it. great job on the weight loss so far ond that is only 4 days:carrot::carrot::carrot::hug:

clinic:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/weather01/lb/197/145/191/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Kaypix
06-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Hey guys, I'll try to check back later today but I'm thinking I won't have time, as I'm at work now, then at 2:00 it's time to head out, drop the dogs at grandma's and head out to the cities for Valley Fair for the weekend. So I'm gonna try to get all my updates in here:
1) The motorcycle is UP AND RUNNING BOO FREAKING YEAH!!!!!!! Sorry for the crapiness of the image, but I took a pic of my camera (with my phone) while at IHOP at 2:00AM after we got the bike up and running:
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/252767_10150861820876916_84854222_n.jpg

2) I'm exhausted, and had a "mini gain" this morning, although the number of potential factors are kind of limitless, so I'll list "potential culprits"...yesterday was a little C kind of day, drank all my water though and had my salt, had green bean casserole with lunch (so some carbs probably) and chicken with skin on (fat), had a total of 2.5 shakes instead of 3 total (one for breakfast, one 1/2 for dinner using RTD + powder to make a smoothie), had veggies that were grilled RIGHT before bed at like 2:00AM (home at 2:15, passed out at 2:17 I'm sure), stayed up late, was on my feet ALL night running up and down stairs, painting pieces, building motorcycle license plate bracket etc....and I got 3 hours of sleep...so that pretty much sums THAT up.

3) I leave for Valley Fair at 2:00PM, well, go home etc. etc. etc. and plan to wear makeup and hopefully get some good pics of me this weekend for my "25 lb loss" so far.

4) For the first time, the scale has only moved 0.4 lbs from Monday to Friday, which is a little discouraging, and I'm concerned my weekend (despite my being good, they got me veggies and EAS RTD just for me!) will still hurt my odds, between dehydration tomorrow (90 degrees in an amusement park for 5+ hours) and no sleep (night owl people) and I might actually see my first week of "no loss" on Monday...my 25 pound charm is on my kitchen table on a little plate, reminding me to push push push (I'm at 25 lbs today, but a 0.1 lb gain will drop it to 24.9 so no charm) through Monday so I can get that little guy on my bracelet.

5) Finally, thank you all for listening to my rants and raves, knowing you're here has been a lifesaver more than once, and sometimes when I'm feeling down I can read the forums and just remind myself I'm only human and it's OK. So thanks to everyone who posts, you all play a part in my day.

-Yoda, OUT!

evepet
06-29-2012, 11:25 AM

Nothing wrong with weighing at home.... IF it doesn't frustrate and panic you to see unexpected gains, and slow losses. If you can roll with the ups and downs and stay calm about it, then all is good. Newbies especially get panicked and worried when they suddenly see a stall in the weight loss - or a small gain.

_______________________-

Dakin - love the new photo. You are looking great! I'm trying to convince myself to post some pics... I'm thinking I'll get courageous and do that when I hit the 1/2 to Goal milestone, which should be coming up fairly soon now.

It's a pretty normal day here.... I'm looking forward to staying OP and getting ready for the Canada Day weekend. Then I have next week off too. I'm just hanging around home and taking life easy. :)

Everyone have a great OP day! It's hot and humid again where I am .... if you're in similiar conditions, stay hydrated and cool! Cheers for now.

Thorfinn
06-29-2012, 11:36 AM

Exactly. Whether it moves up, down or stays the same I get a good indication of how I'm doing and if I need to alter anything.

I do not get emotional about my weight aside from being happy when it goes down. I can see why some people would not want to look at the scale now though.

WingnutandMe
06-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks Molly. I love putting a face to the name, so decided to take the plunge... even tho it's outside of my comfort zone. You and hubs live such an exciting life! You are always traveling! I think that's really awesome. BTW... my DH also bought a golf cart. Yeah, and he doesn't even play golf.... just thought it'd be fun to tool around the yard, use at volunteer events, and tow the leaf trailer when doing yard work. He's a little eccentric. lol

Well, if you DH is eccentric, so is mine. We don't play golf and he wanted it to tool around the yard (and the lake). We even have a lawn dump cart under the boat in the bed of the truck and he plans to rig a connection to pull it with the cart instead of the mower. Yep, excentric. I know we are for sure, but it's soooo fun.

Have a great day, all.
Molly

mooselover
06-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Good morning all!

Chloe, I too feel like the time has flow. Thanks to people like you :D And the other that post here. My week 18 WI is in a few hours and I am hoping to be into the 140's. We shall see....I am super excited. I feel like I had a great week :carrot:

reneepw
06-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Hey guys, I'll try to check back later today but I'm thinking I won't have time, as I'm at work now, then at 2:00 it's time to head out, drop the dogs at grandma's and head out to the cities for Valley Fair for the weekend. So I'm gonna try to get all my updates in here:
1) The motorcycle is UP AND RUNNING BOO FREAKING YEAH!!!!!!! Sorry for the crapiness of the image, but I took a pic of my camera (with my phone) while at IHOP at 2:00AM after we got the bike up and running:

2) I'm exhausted, and had a "mini gain" this morning, although the number of potential factors are kind of limitless, so I'll list "potential culprits"...yesterday was a little C kind of day, drank all my water though and had my salt, had green bean casserole with lunch (so some carbs probably) and chicken with skin on (fat), had a total of 2.5 shakes instead of 3 total (one for breakfast, one 1/2 for dinner using RTD + powder to make a smoothie), had veggies that were grilled RIGHT before bed at like 2:00AM (home at 2:15, passed out at 2:17 I'm sure), stayed up late, was on my feet ALL night running up and down stairs, painting pieces, building motorcycle license plate bracket etc....and I got 3 hours of sleep...so that pretty much sums THAT up.

3) I leave for Valley Fair at 2:00PM, well, go home etc. etc. etc. and plan to wear makeup and hopefully get some good pics of me this weekend for my "25 lb loss" so far.

4) For the first time, the scale has only moved 0.4 lbs from Monday to Friday, which is a little discouraging, and I'm concerned my weekend (despite my being good, they got me veggies and EAS RTD just for me!) will still hurt my odds, between dehydration tomorrow (90 degrees in an amusement park for 5+ hours) and no sleep (night owl people) and I might actually see my first week of "no loss" on Monday...my 25 pound charm is on my kitchen table on a little plate, reminding me to push push push (I'm at 25 lbs today, but a 0.1 lb gain will drop it to 24.9 so no charm) through Monday so I can get that little guy on my bracelet.

5) Finally, thank you all for listening to my rants and raves, knowing you're here has been a lifesaver more than once, and sometimes when I'm feeling down I can read the forums and just remind myself I'm only human and it's OK. So thanks to everyone who posts, you all play a part in my day.

-Yoda, OUT!

1 - congrats on the bike!
2 - you make me tired just reading your posts! You're a crazy multitasker like me :) Take a deep breath - remember what you've accomplished and enjoy the weekend. You've been doing great - that charm is so yours, if not this week then next!
3 - may the IP force be with you.:smug:

mooselover
06-29-2012, 11:46 AM

Wow is right!!! Don't you just love "after" photos??? I sure do, and I am not done yet.:carrot:

swimcoachmomma
06-29-2012, 11:46 AM
So Last night I was a bad bad IPer. I went to a work function and strayed. I am posting to stay accountable but I am not beating myself up. I woke up this morning and said to myself "Today is a new day to stay 100% OP"

Glad that you came here and decided to turn it around. As we say in the wild west... Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, find your hat, and get back on. Have a great OP day.

sanaroph
06-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Good late morning all!! :wave:

Have been busy getting materials together for some house renovations. It has been hard to get all my veggies & water since I have been on the road so much (bathroom locations are important :D)

Had WI #11 this morning and am down 3.6 so am in WONDERLAND :carrot: Now setting the goal to lose the next 10.

These past 10 days I have been using a mix of IP and alternatives to get me through (eg found EAS RTD shakes at the A&P and they worked).. and protein and salad when I am out and stuck without food (aka restricted already eaten).

I love seeing the difference in the pics and maybe this weekend I will post my before pic and a current pic.. (just have to search through the threads to find out how to do it).

Have a great 100% OP day all :wave:

patns
06-29-2012, 11:53 AM

Wow looking good!!!! You know your arms weren't bad even in your start picture so you are able to go right into sleeveless now. I just hate all the loose skin I have under my arms now. Well actually can put up with the loose skin if there were more clothes available with moderate sleeves. Everything is sleeveless especially dresses.

You have done an incredible job and will so enjoy wearing summer clothes this year!

Pat

sanaroph
06-29-2012, 11:56 AM

Good attitude. :hug:

LizRR
06-29-2012, 12:00 PM

Stick with it NOVA! We can reach goal together! Phase 1 to 100%!!!

I'm putting in at the State Park ramp in Waterbury center so I shouldn't have to go down into town :)

Oh man - you and usmcvet make me "homesick" for my New England days. I lived in Boston for 5 years and rented a house up in Killington for 6 months out of the year with a group of friends. We also used to house swap and check out B&Bs at a ton of Vermont towns (Stowe, Waterbury, Mount Snow, Okemo). I LOVE Vermont, I still head up there about once a year and stay with friends to hit up the old mountain - if I get back in running shape I want to do the VT Covered Bridges Half Marathon someday (that one sells out FAST).

Dakin - so nice to meet you - your pictures are AMAZING! Seriously, it is so inspirational to see the transformation with "real" people, it really hits home how this program truly works. I need to get an updated vavavavoom pic up this weekend.

Enjoy the drive! Kentucky is another beautiful green state - my husbands parents are from there so we've spent a lot of time in Bourbon country/Ohio River valley visiting family. That picture looks so peaceful, your vacation begins!

Thorfinn, Like you, I weigh myself daily. The scale also automatically calculates body fat%, skeletal muscle %, BMR, etc. and I keep a little spreadsheet in my bathroom. Am I nuts? Probably. However, the little blips of being up now and then don't bother me. I'm fascinated by the little changes in fat which are at times up from the previous day (which are probably just showing up as fat but really water), or increases in muscle (I work out 5X/week). This whole thing takes less than 1 minute, literally.

However, some folks (and perhaps most) get upset when the scale goes up for 1 day, 2 days, etc. despite being totally OP. That's the reason its recommended folks don't weigh themselves daily - most can't take the little variations when its not in their favor. I am not bothered by it at all, like you.

I also do the home WI to help track myself, but don't really take it too seriously - more just to keep myself honest and like reneepw said, it gives me the feedback to stay accountable (I also religiously log my food and activity), and like Chloe222 I also find it fascinating. I don't keep a strict daily weight record, I go by my coach's scale for the 'official' weight which is ~3-4lb higher than my home WI, which is FINE by me - the trend ALWAYS matches. I know there are several factors that can affect daily fluctuations and that staying on program is the guarantee to losing. I've seen the scale stick at a weight, go up for a few days, and fluctuate a lot, but it ALWAYS goes down. For some folks the scale makes or breaks their day, which is a shame since I think IP is finally giving us control over that number, it may not be as immediate as we'd like sometimes - but the power is all in our hands.

I have to rush to start work, but I just had to share! My "official" WI isn't until Tuesday, but the woosh fairy snuck into my house when I wasn't looking. As of this morning, I am 297! Another Century! This is the first time I have been below 300 in 15 years!!!

I don't post often, but I read these boards daily. You guys are so inspirational and encouraging. I couldn't have gotten into "twoterville" without these boards.

CONGRATULATIONS! THAT IS A WONDERFUL ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! You are just....Fing awesome...I am so happy for you! Breaking through these decades is so powerful, you are well on your way to your next goal!

patns
06-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Exactly. Whether it moves up, down or stays the same I get a good indication of how I'm doing and if I need to alter anything.

I do not get emotional about my weight aside from being happy when it goes down. I can see why some people would not want to look at the scale now though.

I weigh daily too but only once. For me it is research and alerts me if something is going off track. In my case it is usually that I have gotten too busy and didn't get the oil in (those individual WF dressing pgks are jut too handy).

I have noticed some people are really hyper especially in the beginning and get on and off the scale several times a day and are really upset when they are not down pounds every time they get on.

I also noticed that these people don't last very long on the program and disappear from the board very quickly.

Pat

NewPath
06-29-2012, 12:11 PM

Stick with this Aimee3, you can so do this. I HATED vegetables when I started IP. Yup, that created lots of difficulties. I needed to put frozen spinach into my Wildberry yogurt shake....sounds gross---it's delish, I still do that when I am in a hurry and don't have time to cook, or shop for veges. Try the Fine Cheese Omelet and saute veges to put in that....SUPER Yummy and helps a ton with hunger and energy!!!!! Roast asparagus...or any vege really, sprinkiled with salt and lemon pepper...seriously.......tastes like something sinful...cook it until some of them start getting crispy. I have actually become such a vege lover that I have to measure my veges again, as I would love to have 3 cups at each meal!!!!! Also, buy shredded lettuce...so much easier..and in my opinion, tastier. Good luck!!

Ravenswood2012
06-29-2012, 12:11 PM
WI yesterday; Weight stayed the same :mad: ~ But did lose 2.75 inches....Oh well, better luck next week...

Have a great OP IP day & weekend everyone!!! :)

Trishak
06-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Good morning! I'm off work today and slept until 9am! Quite the accomplishment for a mom of 4 kids! So glad my little guy was sleepy too.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you all that I LOVE this board! I just made crispy cereal pancakes with WF syrup for the first time and all I can say is YUM! Even my 3 year old took a bite and liked it!!!

Since I've been posting here this week, I have been able to recommit to my 100%... no bites, no tastes, no cheats. I really hope this gets the scale moving and I can move on to P2 soon. I'm so close I can taste it!

And about the weighing at home, I do! Most days I weigh just to get an idea. I didn't weigh myself for years and that is what kept me in my state of denial that I needed this program. So I think a quick check each morning, and I have learned to not freak out about the number, whether it's up, down, or indifferent. I just take it with a grain of salt, and use it to keep me OP.

Have a great 100% IP Day!

Trish
(who didn't weigh this morning cause I ate my pancakes before my shower!)

julied31
06-29-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm with NOVA -- on my last day of vacation -- I have cheated a little, but I have to say that I've done 1000% better this week being on IP than I would have if I wasn't on it. Last night we went to our favorite restaurant on the lake, where we can just sit and relax, watching the boats on the lake. I had a 1/2 pound burger, no bun, with mustard and onions and pickles. That was OP, but my 4 Miller 64's weren't! But, had I not been on this diet, I probably would've had an order of mozzerella sticks, the burger with cheese and a bun and fries, and regular beer. This morning I was down 0.6 from yesterday AND up until this week I had only lost 3". Well, I did my measurements this morning and I lost 7" this week. Funny how the first 3 weeks I lost 14 pounds, but only 3" and this week, I'm down 2 pounds and 7". CRAZY!! I'll take it, though!

Somebody mentioned about time flying.....I think being on this board makes the time go even faster. When I see that people are having their WI's, I think, "holy crap, it's been a week already!!!"

Only 4 more pounds to Onederland for me, I can't wait!!!!

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and congrats to everyone for their great accomplishments!!!!

DenverGal
06-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Good morning IPers! Happy friday.

Was just thinking this morning...2 more lbs and my weight will start with a 15, that will be a great day.

Looking forward to a fun, but hot, weekend.

locopollo
06-29-2012, 12:29 PM
I think the problem with daily weighing comes when you're not losing on a daily basis. That gives a lot of us a reason to say a diet isn't working, which is an excuse to quit. :rolleyes:

DanafromAustin
06-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Good morning all!

You're doing great Chole!!!

You look Fabulous!!!! Love before and after pics, so motivating.

I have always weighed daily, and it has never bothered me to see the fluctuations, but I know others can get obsessed by the scale, so in that case best to stay off.

Big HUGS to everyone here! Now, gotta get started on the next goal - I haven't decided yet what that will be, but will share when I decide. That way, you guys can hold me accountable.
Congratulations on being under 300. Fantastic!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday...:carrot:

CoolChickInAFatSuit
06-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Good morning IPeers. Just found a handy app for my phone. It's called "SitOrSquat" and is from Charmin. Basically it is a restroom finder with ratings on cleanliness etc (would you sit or squat). Thought this might come in handy for summer travel.

J bug
06-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Happy Friday!

My DH started yesterday on plan with me and he's not too happy about it. I hope his commitment holds strong. His down fall is wanting to finish anything our little ones don't eat (like a half of piece of toast this morning). He hates to waste.

But, I'm excited to have the company and I know he'll drop super fast. He only has about 30 lbs to loose. Me, more like 40 or 50.

I've really enjoyed the ideas on this board and don't think I could have made it my measly three weeks without the inspiration. I too hated veggies, but I'm finding ways to love them!

Thorfinn
06-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Happy Friday!

My DH started yesterday on plan with me and he's not too happy about it. I hope his commitment holds strong. His down fall is wanting to finish anything our little ones don't eat (like a half of piece of toast this morning). He hates to waste.

I do that too......almost automatically. My 2nd day OP I stuck a corner of a belgian waffle in my mouth.....chewed it twice....realized what I had done and spit it out :D

Thorfinn
06-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Oh man - you and usmcvet make me "homesick" for my New England days. I lived in Boston for 5 years and rented a house up in Killington for 6 months out of the year with a group of friends. We also used to house swap and check out B&Bs at a ton of Vermont towns (Stowe, Waterbury, Mount Snow, Okemo). I LOVE Vermont, I still head up there about once a year and stay with friends to hit up the old mountain - if I get back in running shape I want to do the VT Covered Bridges Half Marathon someday (that one sells out FAST).

I lived south of Boston for a few years before moving back home to VT. At this point I'm here for good. No place I'd rather be :)

Trishak
06-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I am so excited! I just weighed *after eating my breakfast* and I was down to 159.8!!! GOODBYE 160's forever!!!! WOO HOO!!!! And I just put on a pair of size 12 shorts and the waist is a little loose! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

WingnutandMe
06-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Just had to show you the "Beverly Hillbillies" on our trip. Of course, you can guess where I took this. At a rest stop. Hmmm. Wonder why we had to stop.

Almost Subway salad time and at least 6 more hours on the road.

Molly

swimcoachmomma
06-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Good morning IPeers. Just found a handy app for my phone. It's called "SitOrSquat" and is from Charmin. Basically it is a restroom finder with ratings on cleanliness etc (would you sit or squat). Thought this might come in handy for summer travel.

Awesome. But of course it is always best for the pelvic floor muscles and thighs to squat. Lol.

Also, new puppy in the house. This is the first new one we have ever gotten in the summer. Nice not to freeze the biscuits off for the midnite trips outside. However, never had to deal with mosquitoes while walking a puppy in February. (sorry, the potty app got me thinking...) lol

GiGiBlue
06-29-2012, 12:56 PM
WI 14 this morning- down 1.6! Very pleased, due to extra stressful week! :dizzy: Want to say thank you to all who replied to my comments about taking care of myself, and starting to put myself first. I run an electrical/heating/cooling business, and haven't had time to spend here. I really appreciate this forum, and I don't think I would have seen a loss this week without it! This is the first time ever that I have joined a forum of any kind, and I'm grateful to have found this one. Best wishes to all! GiGi

NewPath
06-29-2012, 01:02 PM
I felt yucky for .....several weeks. But, boy was it worth it!!! I just kept reminding myself that I was not ill, but getting healthy!!! Talk to your coach about adding a packet or eggs. You will be fine, you will be successful....eat salt!!!! The fourth day was ...THE WORST!!!!

NewPath
06-29-2012, 01:08 PM

CoolChickInAFatSuit.......Thank you!!! You just made me LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! How funny, yet how necessary for all of us I PEEers!!!! IPee ALOT....HEE HEE!!!!
Gonna download that app....SOON!!!!!!

bttrhalf
06-29-2012, 01:11 PM
I am so excited! I just weighed *after eating my breakfast* and I was down to 159.8!!! GOODBYE 160's forever!!!! WOO HOO!!!! And I just put on a pair of size 12 shorts and the waist is a little loose! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

great doing the happy dance with you:carrot::carrot::carrot:
can't wait till i get there. size 12 boy nice i have a few pairs lurking in a box in the closet just waiting:bravo::hug:

clinic WI#!-6lbs, -7.75"
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but6/lb/197/145/191/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/):hug:

Heitina
06-29-2012, 01:28 PM
This morning was WI#3 down 4.6 lbs.:D I know I should be thrilled, but i'm scared. I am terrified that this is all "temporary." Part of me feels that the more I lose the more i'm going to gain back. I am determined to change my life permanently - but, then again, I've said this before. Years ago I lost a lot of weight. I remember KNOWING that there was NO POSSIBLE WAY that I would gain the weight back....well I did. I hope that as each day goes by - I will start to feel differently.

I am so grateful for all the posts...it really helps me through the day...keeps me focused...I guess I just have to take this one day at a time and I also have to remember that i'm not the same person as I was 10 yrs. ago.

haddy4
06-29-2012, 01:44 PM
weigh in was great !! 2.8 pounds gone and 2 inches :)

chicagoboiler
06-29-2012, 01:48 PM
I just had to share my NSV for today...we had a quarterly department meeting and some people haven't seen me in a while and others see me everyday. Both groups of people continued to remark on my "skinniness" and how great I looked and the compliments continued for 2 hours. I got a nice ego boost and encouragement and that fuels me to keep on going to goal and not think about the wine I want in my head or other foods. This weekend I am going through clothes that are now too big and giving them for charity so I don't have that "safety net" in the future.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

chicagoboiler
06-29-2012, 01:51 PM
This morning was WI#3 down 4.6 lbs.:D I know I should be thrilled, but i'm scared. I am terrified that this is all "temporary." Part of me feels that the more I lose the more i'm going to gain back. I am determined to change my life permanently - but, then again, I've said this before. Years ago I lost a lot of weight. I remember KNOWING that there was NO POSSIBLE WAY that I would gain the weight back....well I did. I hope that as each day goes by - I will start to feel differently.

I am so grateful for all the posts...it really helps me through the day...keeps me focused...I guess I just have to take this one day at a time and I also have to remember that i'm not the same person as I was 10 yrs. ago.

I definitely know what you mean. My DF and I continue to talk about our plan for our "new" lifestyle moving forward. We're not doing this to do it again in a year or more. I lurk on the maintenance forum a little to see the struggles people face and get a better understanding of what it takes. I also talked about having no other sizes in the house after we hit goal to give us a safety net to fall into. If clothes get tight, we need to do something about it. I am mentally preparing now for later.

LizRR
06-29-2012, 01:55 PM

LOL...Wingnut - did you catch that?

Just had to show you the "Beverly Hillbillies" on our trip. Of course, you can guess where I took this. At a rest stop. Hmmm. Wonder why we had to stop.

HAHAHA! I'm looking for Grandma in her rocker on the truck bed!

Curious as to what program you lost on before. I just attended a workshop for Phase 3/Phase 4 and the one thing she wanted to stress was to stay in contact with your clinic. They WANT you to succeed for LIFE. She gave us the schedule after we hit maintenance - for Phase 4, our first month we check in weekly, 2nd month check in every other week, 3rd-12th month check in 1x/month, then after that check in yearly for life. It's normal to gain a few lb within a year, but that's where the annual checkup comes into play where you stay accountable and can always jump back to Phase 1 for that reboot. She didn't cover that at the beginning, since Phase 1 has enough information and questions as it is, but believe me when I tell you that they have really thought this program through for lifelong success. All the phases make sense, and all are designed to move you through weight loss to maintenance. Each step is crucial, so don't try to stop cold turkey when you've hit goal - make sure to go through all the phases. And fyi, the checkups are no extra cost. I am excited to live the rest of my life at my healthiest possible state.

offkilter
06-29-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm drinking a coffee drink right now and fighting a craving. So my plan is to type until the craving goes away. Sorry kids, it might take awhile.

My husband was offered a new job yesterday which was exciting since he'd been looking for a few months and we celebrated with an IP friendly meal out. I was good and didn't take a single bite of my son's mac & cheese (despite how incredible it looked). Everything we had was delicious. I wish we were going there every night:)

I'm still struggling with staying on protocol since I restarted last week. I still haven't lost any weight, which of course, is discouraging. It just fell off the first time around! 10 pounds the first week and a half! I tell myself I was 25 pounds heavier the first time around too, and that makes a big difference. Reality tells me I'm not going to lose the next 25 pounds in 2 months, even though that is what I'd really like to see;)

One of the biggest hurdles this time around has been the food. I don't know what has changed for me, but of the non-restricted items, the only ones I can stand are the coffee drink, crispy cereal turned into a pancake like food (I don't use any egg whites, just water & cinnamon), and the jello. It is a texture/mouth-feel thing. If it weren't physically impossible, I'd think I was pregnant.

My husband, who is also on IP, has been mixing my IP foods for me and that helps a lot ("He's gone to the effort of making it, I guess I'd better drink it..."). Thank goodness for him. He's down 40 pounds (40!) and I'm so proud of him. Between IP and building a patio this summer, it has just melted away.

I wish there were IP more options that involved eating rather than drinking that weren't restricteds. I used to love the omelets, but find I can't eat them this time around (maybe I'm just being punished with 2 weeks of ill-timed PMS?). I've been eating a restricted item each day for that reason and would like to remove those for a few days to see if maybe that will help my weight loss get started. I did see someone post about freezing their IP in Popsicle molds. I might try that.

OK, I'm no longer feeling like I need to run out to the kitchen for something non-IP (if only the house weren't so well stocked with foods for the kid...), so I guess I'll wrap this up and get back to work.

Thanks all, and good luck in your own journeys. I appreciate all the support from when I posted last week and was quite depressed.

Diana B
06-29-2012, 02:10 PM
I had a great NSV yesterday, I am a Real Estate Broker, and a couple that I have worked with before wanted to see a house, I haven't seen them in about 9 months or so, I met them there and the wife said "You look fantastic, what have you been doing, you look like you've had a complete makeover", made me feel pretty good , I really haven't said too much to people about what I've been doing outside of the ones I see alot, so it was nice to know that I really am looking better :D:carrot: I know I'm feeling better!

mooselover
06-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Week 18 WI update. OMG I lost 4.8 pounds and 1.75 inches this week :carrot: I amazed myself :D This is the most I've lost in a single week since week 1. Here are a few of the things I did differnetly this week.

1. I only had 3 restricted foods all week.
2. Drank 18-20 8oz glasses of water almost every day.
3. NO EXERCISE!!!

My body does so much better when I don't exercise. I am so close to my goal I decided I can exercise when I get to maintenance. I think it just slows my losses too much. Oh I feel soooo good right now.:carrot:

dizzyjean
06-29-2012, 02:20 PM
I had a great NSV yesterday, I am a Real Estate Broker, and a couple that I have worked with before wanted to see a house, I haven't seen them in about 9 months or so, I met them there and the wife said "You look fantastic, what have you been doing, you look like you've had a complete makeover", made me feel pretty good , I really haven't said too much to people about what I've been doing outside of the ones I see alot, so it was nice to know that I really am looking better :D:carrot: I know I'm feeling better!

Nice to meet you, Diane! I'm a Realtor in Virginia. Happy NSV encouragement. Terrific!

NOVAScents
06-29-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm drinking a coffee drink right now and fighting a craving. So my plan is to type until the craving goes away. Sorry kids, it might take awhile.

My husband was offered a new job yesterday which was exciting since he'd been looking for a few months and we celebrated with an IP friendly meal out. I was good and didn't take a single bite of my son's mac & cheese (despite how incredible it looked). Everything we had was delicious. I wish we were going there every night:)

I'm still struggling with staying on protocol since I restarted last week. I still haven't lost any weight, which of course, is discouraging. It just fell off the first time around! 10 pounds the first week and a half! I tell myself I was 25 pounds heavier the first time around too, and that makes a big difference. Reality tells me I'm not going to lose the next 25 pounds in 2 months, even though that is what I'd really like to see;)

One of the biggest hurdles this time around has been the food. I don't know what has changed for me, but of the non-restricted items, the only ones I can stand are the coffee drink, crispy cereal turned into a pancake like food (I don't use any egg whites, just water & cinnamon), and the jello. It is a texture/mouth-feel thing. If it weren't physically impossible, I'd think I was pregnant.

My husband, who is also on IP, has been mixing my IP foods for me and that helps a lot ("He's gone to the effort of making it, I guess I'd better drink it..."). Thank goodness for him. He's down 40 pounds (40!) and I'm so proud of him. Between IP and building a patio this summer, it has just melted away.

I wish there were IP more options that involved eating rather than drinking that weren't restricteds. I used to love the omelets, but find I can't eat them this time around (maybe I'm just being punished with 2 weeks of ill-timed PMS?). I've been eating a restricted item each day for that reason and would like to remove those for a few days to see if maybe that will help my weight loss get started. I did see someone post about freezing their IP in Popsicle molds. I might try that.

OK, I'm no longer feeling like I need to run out to the kitchen for something non-IP (if only the house weren't so well stocked with foods for the kid...), so I guess I'll wrap this up and get back to work.

Thanks all, and good luck in your own journeys. I appreciate all the support from when I posted last week and was quite depressed.

I can't stand a lot of the foods either, so I usually just mix shakes/puddings into a smoothie so I can "eat" it- much like ice cream, you know? Plus I sweeten everything with stevia or splenda, which probably isn't good, but its getting me there so it just needs to be good!

And I down Mio like its going out of style. I drink 2L of regular water in the morning and then in the afternoon I drink something like 6L of mio. Again, not good, but I can't stop wanting to eat CRAP that I just need to do it.

I've slipped time and time again, so if drinking Mio and eating my "ice cream" keeps the weight off so be it!

I'm also staying away from people. If I hear one more time how I look good and I don't need a diet I'm going to FREAK. I'm 10lbs away- LEAVE ME ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Good luck!!

NOVAScents
06-29-2012, 02:27 PM
I just attended a workshop for Phase 3/Phase 4 and the one thing she wanted to stress was to stay in contact with your clinic. They WANT you to succeed for LIFE. She gave us the schedule after we hit maintenance - for Phase 4, our first month we check in weekly, 2nd month check in every other week, 3rd-12th month check in 1x/month, then after that check in yearly for life. It's normal to gain a few lb within a year, but that's where the annual checkup comes into play where you stay accountable and can always jump back to Phase 1 for that reboot. She didn't cover that at the beginning, since Phase 1 has enough information and questions as it is, but believe me when I tell you that they have really thought this program through for lifelong success. All the phases make sense, and all are designed to move you through weight loss to maintenance. Each step is crucial, so don't try to stop cold turkey when you've hit goal - make sure to go through all the phases. And fyi, the checkups are no extra cost. I am excited to live the rest of my life at my healthiest possible state.

Thats SO good to know.

jebaughman
06-29-2012, 02:41 PM
I tried to place an order fom the protein store last night. I got my order in and when I went to PayPal to pay for it, the discount did not register on the bill. I sent an email to Daisy and she knew that was not working an said she would refund me the discount through pay pal. So this morning when I planned to send in my order, the website was down again. I sure hope they get it fixed for good this time. I sent her an email with my order and will let you know what happens.
It is another hot day here in south TX. heat index 105 and it is not yet the hottest part of the day. I plan to go over to South Padre tonight for a fireworks cruise. They do the dolphin watch, then sunset cruise and then fireworks. Should be cool.
Congratulations to all you who lost at your WIs today. Planning for a weekend OP.

GrandmaKiss
06-29-2012, 02:45 PM

Good for you, back in the saddle. Remember if you take two steps forward and one step back you have still moved ahead. 100% for today is the best goal.

WI yesterday; Weight stayed the same :mad: ~ But did lose 2.75 inches....Oh well, better luck next week...

2.75 inches is amazing. I keep saying that I don't care what I weigh, I just want to fit into a size 10. Be impressed with the loss no mater whether it is scale or tape that shows it.

I think the problem with daily weighing comes when you're not losing on a daily basis. That gives a lot of us a reason to say a diet isn't working, which is an excuse to quit. :rolleyes:

Well said. I get the crazies when I get on the scale too often (OK, admit it, how many of you stepped on the scale every single time you peed that first week???)

How did we ever pee before smart phones?:D

I got my ticker today which only really matters to me. But you need to know that it represents 21 days on 3FC and 30 days on IP. I don't think I have every gone that long while sticking 100% to an eatting plan (or an excersize plan, or a housework plan, or a study plan, the wole plan thing has eluded me for 50 years). I attribute much of my continuing to the support here on 3FC. I need the daily reminders and support. So thank you all y'all.

bttrhalf
06-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Ok, i have a bit of a personal question, I have been a bit constipated for a few day and starting to feel yuck and bloated.:barf:
if any of you have run into this problem what did you do to solve it?:?: or did it resolve itself.
thanks
love this forum

jebaughman
06-29-2012, 03:03 PM
I got an email from Daisy at the protein store. She sent me an Paypal invoice with my order which I had sent her by email. Got 'er done.
Have a great weekend IPers.

Hgamroth
06-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Week 18 WI update. OMG I lost 4.8 pounds and 1.75 inches this week :carrot: I amazed myself :D This is the most I've lost in a single week since week 1. Here are a few of the things I did differnetly this week.

3. NO EXERCISE!!!

My body does so much better when I don't exercise. I am so close to my goal I decided I can exercise when I get to maintenance. I think it just slows my losses too much. Oh I feel soooo good right now.:carrot:

You are a rockstar and an inspiration!!! I enjoy reading your posts every day! Congrats!

Hgamroth
06-29-2012, 03:17 PM
I had a 0 weigh in today but I am not discouraged, simply thankful for the information I learned. 1st, I have 2 weeks of good weigh ins then a small one. This is going to be my pattern. Also, before I weighed I confessed that I had goofed 3 times. I have had 3 subway salads and used their red wine vinegar. I told my coach and she said that we may not see any loss because red wine vinegar has alcohol in it and probably knocked me out of ketosis. I had 0 loss but still lost 1/2 on my legs which is where I want to lose more than anything. I will still celebrate that small victory. :) Has anyone else heard of the red wine vinegar theory?

reneepw
06-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Ok, i have a bit of a personal question, I have been a bit constipated for a few day and starting to feel yuck and bloated.:barf:
if any of you have run into this problem what did you do to solve it?:?: or did it resolve itself.
thanks
love this forum

I didn't have the problem but a friend of mine did. Our coach recommended she use SmoothMove tea. She said it worked REALLY well. Like - work from home the next day well :)

reneepw
06-29-2012, 03:21 PM
:smug:Week 18 WI update. OMG I lost 4.8 pounds and 1.75 inches this week :carrot: I amazed myself :D This is the most I've lost in a single week since week 1. Here are a few of the things I did differnetly this week.

3. NO EXERCISE!!!

You are rocking it mooselover!! that's fantastic! you're so close to goal. keep up the great work!!

mooselover
06-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I had a 0 weigh in today but I am not discouraged, simply thankful for the information I learned. 1st, I have 2 weeks of good weigh ins then a small one. This is going to be my pattern. Also, before I weighed I confessed that I had goofed 3 times. I have had 3 subway salads and used their red wine vinegar. I told my coach and she said that we may not see any loss because red wine vinegar has alcohol in it and probably knocked me out of ketosis. I had 0 loss but still lost 1/2 on my legs which is where I want to lose more than anything. I will still celebrate that small victory. :) Has anyone else heard of the red wine vinegar theory?

Great attitude!!! Red Wine Vinegar is not on the list of approved stuff that I have.

mompattie
06-29-2012, 03:35 PM

3. NO EXERCISE!!!

You are looking down the barrel at GOAL!!!! Good for you girl, so happy and proud of you!!!

I got my ticker today which only really matters to me. But you need to know that it represents 21 days on 3FC and 30 days on IP. I don't think I have every gone that long while sticking 100% to an eatting plan (or an excersize plan, or a housework plan, or a study plan, the wole plan thing has eluded me for 50 years). I attribute much of my continuing to the support here on 3FC. I need the daily reminders and support. So thank you all y'all.

You are doing awesome!!! I love this board too....really keeps me going some days!!!

LizRR
06-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Okay - back from WI #18 and I AM SUPER HAPPY!!!!!! I am down a total of -2lb, but I GAINED 4lb of LEAN MASS!!! Also lost -2.5" and -3.7% BODY FAT, OMG, this is the first time I have gotten that trend to change so dramatically! Each week I either maintained or lost a little lean mass - so I am SUPER HAPPY to get that turned around!

I am tempting the fates (and myself) this week...I picked up a box of my most dreaded enemy...Chocolate Soy Puffs! The first (& only time) I got them they were sooooooo good I fought myself all week to not eat the whole box in 1 sitting, but I'm feeling better about my strength at this point and they are Fing delicious. My new 4lb of muscle craves it!

bttrhalf
06-29-2012, 03:41 PM
I didn't have the problem but a friend of mine did. Our coach recommended she use SmoothMove tea. She said it worked REALLY well. Like - work from home the next day well :)

repeepw,
hey thanks for the info, I will have to give it a try, but on a weekend or next week while I'm off work.:o

Hgamroth
06-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Okay - back from WI #18 and I AM SUPER HAPPY!!!!!! I am down a total of -2lb, but I GAINED 4lb of LEAN MASS!!! Also lost -2.5" and -3.7% BODY FAT, OMG, this is the first time I have gotten that trend to change so dramatically! Each week I either maintained or lost a little lean mass - so I am SUPER HAPPY to get that turned around!

I am tempting the fates (and myself) this week...I picked up a box of my most dreaded enemy...Chocolate Soy Puffs! The first (& only time) I got them they were sooooooo good I fought myself all week to not eat the whole box in 1 sitting, but I'm feeling better about my strength at this point and they are Fing delicious. My new 4lb of muscle craves it!

Excellent!!!! You are an inspiration to me. I can't wait until I can put in the exercise you do!

usmcvet
06-29-2012, 04:20 PM

Thank you! You're looking so great! Same glasses, different lady.

Thanks bud!

I did an online BMI calculator and I'm at 26.25.....Apparently somewhere between 22 and 25 is ideal so that's what I'm shooting for.

I'm putting in at the State Park ramp in Waterbury center so I shouldn't have to go down into town :) Good idea! Skinny. :D

Good morning IPers.

Have a great OP day.
Molly

I hear banjo music playing and a song with the "...oil, black gold, Texas Tea..."

For all you kids out there who don't know what I am talking about and all you old folks to smile:

http://youtu.be/NwzaxUF0k18

I get on my scale daily and it's generally a source of encouragement. Only if you are OCD about it and it effects your mood and motivation negatively.:dizzy: I check close to WI time, I checked this morning and it was still about the same.:carrot:

THAT IS FREAKING AWESOMENESS!!!!:bravo::cp::cb::dancer:

I can't wait to be below three bills. I am now the lightest I have been in 7 or 8 years.

AMAZING GIRL!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK SO CUTE AND ANGULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very true. NewPath I live in Barre Town and work in Waterbury. I think you asked yesterday. :dizzy:

So Last night I was a bad bad IPer. I went to a work function and strayed. I am posting to stay accountable but I am not beating myself up. I woke up this morning and said to myself "Today is a new day to stay 100% OP" Just get back OP and put it behind you. You're doing great, and you will continue to.

Some people get overly freaked out if the scale moves up or doesn't move at all throughout the week. If it stresses someone out that can actually slow down their weight loss and become a huge mental burden, so many don't weigh daily. I think it's actually recommended that you dont' until you're in maintenance with things like WW etc.

So glad to help, and your pictures look like two totally different people! You are very inspiring!

I weigh daily and normally it's good because I can track "did i get enough sleep? did I eat too much salt, too little oil?" etc. etc. etc. but some days when it creeps up I still kick myself and feel guilty for the day before.

If you can look us up when you are up. I will buy you both a cup of GMCR coffee, black for me.

I lived south of Boston for a few years before moving back home to VT. At this point I'm here for good. No place I'd rather be :)
Dude I'd never move either, you commute is perfect!

I am so excited! I just weighed *after eating my breakfast* and I was down to 159.8!!! GOODBYE 160's forever!!!! WOO HOO!!!! And I just put on a pair of size 12 shorts and the waist is a little loose! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Awesomeness!!:bravo::cb:

I had a great NSV yesterday, I am a Real Estate Broker, and a couple that I have worked with before wanted to see a house, I haven't seen them in about 9 months or so, I met them there and the wife said "You look fantastic, what have you been doing, you look like you've had a complete makeover", made me feel pretty good , I really haven't said too much to people about what I've been doing outside of the ones I see alot, so it was nice to know that I really am looking better :D:carrot: I know I'm feeling better! Awesome feeling isn't it! :carrot::carrot:

Week 18 WI update. OMG I lost 4.8 pounds and 1.75 inches this week :carrot: I amazed myself :D This is the most I've lost in a single week since week 1. Here are a few of the things I did differnetly this week. Go Moose!

Get the soy puffs, you deserve a treat. Great job.

WingnutandMe
06-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Great attitude!!! Red Wine Vinegar is not on the list of approved stuff that I have.

Mooselover, you're correct that red wine vinegar is not on program.

I am probably a bit lax (shame on me) and don't get all picky on what Subway's vinegar is when I'm eating there while traveling, like right now. We take a lot of road trips and Subway is my staple for then. I have never had a problem with my losses those weeks when traveling and having Subway salads. I really don't see it throwing you out of ketosis. It's not like a glass of wine. I would be careful and always try to stay OP, but I don't see this being a big deal. IMO.

Molly

Porthardygurl
06-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Good afternoon all...

Well...a dreary day in Hardy..doesnt look like its going to be very nice for Canada Day...Oh well..Im not going to the festivities...Im planning on staying away from the free food at all costs...The cupcakes are the worst :s

Speaking of weighing in: I am one of the ones that does not weigh myself..Dont get me wrong now..i do stand on a scale...but i dont look at the number..my hubby does..and only he knows how much i weigh....He just tells me...how much ive lost...If i looked at my scale.. i would be off this diet faster then toast...i cant do it...it plays with my head too much and i get too easily discouraged by a slight gain on any given day...so its better not to look...and just keep going... But hey..thats just me.

Anywho..hope everyone has a good day OP...i know mine is going to be another emotional one..stupid TOM messes with the emotions big time!!

mightbe
06-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hello, I just started on Tuesday!

bttrhalf
06-29-2012, 04:37 PM
I weigh my self every morning. I like to so I now if i need to tweek anything during the day.

wuv2bloved
06-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Glad you popped in to say Hello, welcome to the IP family.....make yourself at home :)

jmuroff1
06-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Had my weigh in today and i lost 5.8 pounds this week! the scale is finally moving on my 3rd week! for breakfast i had a cranbluegranata mix drink and an iced cafe americano now i just had the chicken patty mix with my raw onions and celery :D and my water of course. especially since our heat index is up to 110 today! for dinner im thinking about pork chops and steamed broccoli :broccoli: HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT OP DAY!!! <3

LizRR
06-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Had my weigh in today and i lost 5.8 pounds this week! the scale is finally moving on my 3rd week! for breakfast i had a cranbluegranata mix drink and an iced cafe americano now i just had the chicken patty mix with my raw onions and celery :D and my water of course. especially since our heat index is up to 110 today! for dinner im thinking about pork chops and steamed broccoli :broccoli: HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT OP DAY!!! <3

THAT IS EXCELLENT NEWS! I know you've been pretty frustrated over the first 2 WIs - so happy to hear about such a great loss!!!

sanibelover
06-29-2012, 05:02 PM

It will get better, but I had a headache most every day for the first 3 weeks. Stick with it because it is worth it.

Tripmama
06-29-2012, 05:38 PM

I gave up my scale a few months ago...I stay 100% Op and I KNOW I lose on this plan...so I just let go of the daily monitoring, it could frustrate me at times. Also, I love the surprise at WIs. Have to admit though if there is a scale around, watch out I am getting on!

I am going to buy a new scale when I hit my goal because I know the regular weighing will be mandatory for maintainence.

That is my thoughts on the scale...it is an individual decision...what ever floats your boat!:swim:

Week 18 WI update. OMG I lost 4.8 pounds and 1.75 inches this week :carrot:
AWESOME Way to go!:D

Great JOB! I am the same way with the puffs...haven't tried again since week 2..I think I could prolly handle it now, I am amazed at how much stronger my willpower has become! :dust:

Dakin
06-29-2012, 05:45 PM
L I just attended a workshop for Phase 3/Phase 4 and the one thing she wanted to stress was to stay in contact with your clinic. They WANT you to succeed for LIFE. She gave us the schedule after we hit maintenance - for Phase 4, our first month we check in weekly, 2nd month check in every other week, 3rd-12th month check in 1x/month, then after that check in yearly for life. It's normal to gain a few lb within a year, but that's where the annual checkup comes into play where you stay accountable and can always jump back to Phase 1 for that reboot. She didn't cover that at the beginning, since Phase 1 has enough information and questions as it is, but believe me when I tell you that they have really thought this program through for lifelong success. All the phases make sense, and all are designed to move you through weight loss to maintenance. Each step is crucial, so don't try to stop cold turkey when you've hit goal - make sure to go through all the phases. And fyi, the checkups are no extra cost. I am excited to live the rest of my life at my healthiest possible state.

I find this sooo interesting! My coach basically said, "See ya... have a nice life" She never mentioned me coming back. In fact, I asked her if I should come in July (after 1 month) and she said, "Sure, if you're in the area and you feel like it."

Dakin
06-29-2012, 05:54 PM
I do it as well and it's fantastic - when things are moving in the right direction.

When they're not, like they currently aren't for me, then it just gives you that extra bit of stress and stress isn't great for weight loss. We also can can and lose little bits here and there due to water retention, etc, so it's not always the best predictor of what your real weigh in will look like.

I can't help it, though. Especially now that I'm stalled/gaining again. I NEED to look every morning to see what's happening, despite the fact that my coach has basically begged me not too. It sucks though - on days where I see a loss (even a .6lb one like yesterday) it totally makes my day. Then today, when I'm UP by .7lbs, which puts me higher than I was two days ago, I just want to cry and it impacts my entire day.

I confess.... I'm a daily weigher too. I need to be right now while I still figure out this new body and how to add foods I haven't eaten in awhile back into my diet. We should start a club. ;)

3. NO EXERCISE!!!

Mooselover! That is phenomenal!! You are going such a great job! Congrats!!!

Diana B
06-29-2012, 06:00 PM

AWESOME :carrot::carrot:! I only order one bar each week because I don't want the temptation..:dizzy: congrats one the awesome WI :D

WingnutandMe
06-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Pretty scary. We stopped for gas and it turned black and the wind started blowing worse than we've ever experienced. Shook our truck like a toy. We're in north central Ohio. The wind lasted about a half hour blowing trash and everything around. Now we''re going north again and have see 3 tractor trailers on the southbound lanes flipped over. Not all together, each 4 or 5 miles apart.

We are making our way carefully now. Fortunately it is moving southeast. Hope those of you in it's path stay safe.

Summer's fun, but not summer storms in the midwest.

Molly

chremme
06-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Had my first weigh-in today and only lost .8 lbs. I'm a little bummed and discouraged, especially since I never cheated. argh.

Also, question :
Does Novi-lax effect weight loss at all? I noticed on the package that there is a little bit of fat in each tablet.

evepet
06-29-2012, 07:55 PM

That's great news! So glad to hear that you're finally seeing that scale move down. :carrot::carrot:

3. NO EXERCISE!!!

Wow - so close to your goal now! That was an amazing loss today. Congrats!

AWESOME :carrot::carrot:! I only order one bar each week because I don't want the temptation..:dizzy: congrats one the awesome WI :D

LOL... I've been purposely keeping the protein bars out of my pantry, because they tempt me too much too. I'm using alternatives, and I have found a couple of stores in my area that sell 'singles' of The Simply Bar and another one that fits the IP criteria well (can't remember it's name right now) ... when I'm out and about sometimes I'll just buy 1 or 2 so I have the 'treat' without having a whole box of them tempting me from the pantry.

Pretty scary. We stopped for gas and it turned black and the wind started blowing worse than we've ever experienced. Shook our truck like a toy. We're in north central Ohio. The wind lasted about a half hour blowing trash and everything around. Now we''re going north again and have see 3 tractor trailers on the southbound lanes flipped over. Not all together, each 4 or 5 miles apart.

We are making our way carefully now. Fortunately it is moving southeast. Hope those of you in it's path stay safe.

Summer's fun, but not summer storms in the midwest.

Molly

Goodness... that sounds scary. I noticed on our Canadian weather report earlier this evening that there is bad weather coming in across the upper USA. Glad you're safe. BTW - loved your pic of lake country. Just looking at it made me feel more peaceful. Have a great vacation Molly.

newmom7611
06-29-2012, 07:58 PM

3. NO EXERCISE!!!

holy crap! that's awesome! well at least you took note of those things, and know that's all ya gotta do! congrats. :hug:

i'm glad you got it turned around, too! whatever you're doing, keep it up! congrats! that's awesome!

see! it may take a little bit, but it WILL catch up if you stick with it! great job! don't let any number (scale, inches, or otherwise) get you down. As long as you stick to the protocol, you WILL MELT away... it just may take one person's body a little longer, that's all :) good job!!

VET - YOU are AMAZING!! i didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but i was celebrating for you from maryland! 107 is incredible. keep up the good work. you will be at goal in no time! :carrot:

*** Well i have been reading the posts everyday but havent really posted myself. so a quick hello and congrats to everyone sticking to this thing 100%. i know it's not easy, but it is SO worth it. For those struggling, REALLY try to brush yourself off and move on and get back on and fully commit. the more you allow yourself a little this and that, the more you let your self control slip. DON'T let that happen. YOU are in control of your own life :) let's do this thing right, shall we?
I've been training all week and it's been going GREAT! i absolutely love it. i have one more week of training then i'll be on my own :D I'm so glad they gave me this opportunity and that they know i still want to spend the majority of my time at home with my son. It's win win!!
phase 3 has gone ok. i thought i had it down to a T (with all the homework i did the day i started--- and the menu i created). i had a few small hiccups --that i only learned about through training and hearing other dieters' questions and menu ideas. Nothing major and nothing that sabatoged me (i think ? :?: ) anyway.... MAINTENANCE STARTS TUESDAY!! i knew from the start that i wouldn't be on this thing forever... and i knew that there were phases and all that, but i still REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE i'm HERE!! as you all have been saying lately, time does fly.. and the time is here for me to "exercise my new skills and the new me!" i'm just a little nervous, but overall-- i'm so excited. i know i can do this. i know i'll stay in the 120s (or the healthy weight for my age) the rest of my life minus small weight gain from any future pregnancies :) ugh thank you all so much for being there for me for the past 7 months and thank you for all your continued support! i'll be around :) hope everyone has a yummy dinner / snack!

mompattie
06-29-2012, 08:07 PM
LizzR. That is an amazing WI!!!! Way to go girl!!!! Proud of ya!

usmcvet
06-29-2012, 09:54 PM

holy crap! that's awesome! well at least you took note of those things, and know that's all ya gotta do! congrats. :hug:

i'm glad you got it turned around, too! whatever you're doing, keep it up! congrats! that's awesome!

VET - YOU are AMAZING!! i didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but i was celebrating for you from maryland! 107 is incredible. keep up the good work. you will be at goal in no time! :carrot:

*** Well i have been reading the posts everyday but havent really posted myself. so a quick hello and congrats to everyone sticking to this thing 100%. i know it's not easy, but it is SO worth it. For those struggling, REALLY try to brush yourself off and move on and get back on and fully commit. the more you allow yourself a little this and that, the more you let your self control slip. DON'T let that happen. YOU are in control of your own life :) let's do this thing right, shall we?
I've been training all week and it's been going GREAT! i absolutely love it. i have one more week of training then i'll be on my own :D I'm so glad they gave me this opportunity and that they know i still want to spend the majority of my time at home with my son. It's win win!!
phase 3 has gone ok. i thought i had it down to a T (with all the homework i did the day i started--- and the menu i created). i had a few small hiccups --that i only learned about through training and hearing other dieters' questions and menu ideas. Nothing major and nothing that sabatoged me (i think ? :?: ) anyway.... MAINTENANCE STARTS TUESDAY!! i knew from the start that i wouldn't be on this thing forever... and i knew that there were phases and all that, but i still REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE i'm HERE!! as you all have been saying lately, time does fly.. and the time is here for me to "exercise my new skills and the new me!" i'm just a little nervous, but overall-- i'm so excited. i know i can do this. i know i'll stay in the 120s (or the healthy weight for my age) the rest of my life minus small weight gain from any future pregnancies :) ugh thank you all so much for being there for me for the past 7 months and thank you for all your continued support! i'll be around :) hope everyone has a yummy dinner / snack!

WOW Tuesday is a big day for you. Congratulations on the new beginning.

usmcvet
06-29-2012, 10:05 PM
I had a few NSV's today. I walked the kids to the creeme stand about a half mile away. Where they each got a soft serve ice cream. I got my power aid zero. The walk was fun and easy with that little 107# person off my back. When we drove home my son looked at the creeme stand and said it is a perfect night for a creeme. I told him after dinner I had to mow the lawn and then I would walk down to the creeme stand with him and his sisters. He was so excited we were going to walk. He smiled at me and started chattering away!

I also ordered a new duty belt today. I was wearing a 60" belt three months ago when it became obvious that was going to be too big I ordered a 54" belt. Well it took almost a month to arrive and I am already on the second smallest hole on the belt. I had to add holes to the old one three times! I ordered a 50" I'm just now thinking I should have gone with a 48". I'm wearing 50" pants now and they are loose. I will call Monday to correct the order! Being below 50" will be huge for me. It has been soo long. I've always wanted belts a little big because it is easy to put holes in them. Once I get down a little further the belts are a stock item. Now when I order they special order them so the next belt will be from my local cop shop!

Anyone else love Quest Protien Bars? Wow had my second one today. 4 net carbs and peanut butter and jelly, I had a different peanut butter, crunch I think, yesterday. Totally freaking awesome and bigger than the Pure Protien, IP and Proto Thin bars. Tastier too. And I don't think they will melt in my truck this summer!

Kaypix
06-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Hey everyone, I'm struggling a bit here. I'm at my brother in-law's house and they made grilled pineapple for dinner...so I'm starving and smelling rum marinated pineapple grilled with cinnamon on top...I kind of want to cry :( I have my shake upstairs but there will be burgers at some point so I'm holding out, but still want to cry.

swimcoachmomma
06-29-2012, 10:22 PM
I had a few NSV's today. I walked the kids to the creeme stand about a half mile away. Where they each got a soft serve ice cream. I got my power aid zero. The walk was fun and easy with that little 107# person off my back. When we drove home my son looked at the creeme stand and said it is a perfect night for a creeme. I told him after dinner I had to mow the lawn and then I would walk down to the creeme stand with him and his sisters. He was so excited we were going to walk. He smiled at me and started chattering away!

I also ordered a new duty belt today. I was wearing a 60" belt three months ago when it became obvious that was going to be too big I ordered a 54" belt. Well it took almost a month to arrive and I am already on the second smallest hole on the belt. I had to add holes to the old one three times! I ordered a 50" I'm just now thinking I should have gone with a 48". I'm wearing 50" pants now and they are loose. I will call Monday to correct the order! Being below 50" will be huge for me. It has been soo long. I've always wanted belts a little big because it is easy to put holes in them. Once I get down a little further the belts are a stock item. Now when I order they special order them so the next belt will be from my local cop shop!

Anyone else love Quest Protien Bars? Wow had my second one today. 4 net carbs and peanut butter and jelly, I had a different peanut butter, crunch I think, yesterday. Totally freaking awesome and bigger than the Pure Protien, IP and Proto Thin bars. Tastier too. And I don't think they will melt in my truck this summer!

Um, vet?? 107 pounds isn't exactly a little person!!! Great job on the NSVs. Yay on the duty belt. Maybe you want to order an even smaller one if it takes a month to get it. Personally, I need a smaller gun or my pants are gonna fall off. Lol. Yay me. Yay us!!!

Haven't tried the quest bars but googled them last nite. Sound good. Where did u get them?

swimcoachmomma
06-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Hey everyone, I'm struggling a bit here. I'm at my brother in-law's house and they made grilled pineapple for dinner...so I'm starving and smelling rum marinated pineapple grilled with cinnamon on top...I kind of want to cry :( I have my shake upstairs but there will be burgers at some point so I'm holding out, but still want to cry.

Any grilled veggies to munch on? Otherwise have that shake now and the burger later. If it keeps you from the pineapple and is still OP, do it. Drink another glass of water, possibly with mio. Breathe. I get it about the feeling sad. You can grill a whole pineapple when you get done with this!!! I promise they will still be around. U can do this.

Kaypix
06-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks swim, just needed a reality check. I'm going to drink some water and pray.

GrandmaKiss
06-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Someone upthread mentioned that using redwine vinegar can keep you from losing. I know that it is off limits on IP so have not partaken, but how in the world can something that has no discernable calories keep someone from losing if they are only eating 850-900 calories a day. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I can understand that it could play with blood sugar and therefore not allow the pancreas the rest we are hoping for, but how it can actually stop weight loss has me confused.

reneepw
06-29-2012, 10:36 PM

Pretend someone sneezed all over that pineapple...ew...gross. sending you strong positive vibes!

swimcoachmomma
06-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks swim, just needed a reality check. I'm going to drink some water and pray.

Prayers probably work better than all the rest!! Enjoy the party.

LizRR
06-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Decided to try on my new size 6 dress I bought a few weeks ago for a "goal" and it fit great (new avatar)! Not bad for a 38 year old former fat mom! I asked hubby to take my picture so I could post up and the first thing out of his mouth "You're not putting this on Match.com are you!" ... Oh hubby...you crack me up! I am still super happy from my muscle gain and feeling strong! Have a great Friday night folks - I put my comfy jammies back on and sitting my butt on the couch.

Dakin
06-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Liz, you look amazing!!! You could be an IP poster girl!!

swimcoachmomma
06-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Decided to try on my new size 6 dress I bought a few weeks ago for a "goal" and it fit great (new avatar)! Not bad for a 38 year old former fat mom! I asked hubby to take my picture so I could post up and the first thing out of his mouth "You're not putting this on Match.com are you!" ... Oh hubby...you crack me up! I am still super happy from my muscle gain and feeling strong! Have a great Friday night folks - I put my comfy jammies back on and sitting my butt on the couch.

Gorgeous. You rock.

GrandmaKiss
06-29-2012, 11:05 PM

Any chance your shake is a Pina Colada Smoothie?

nomoreweight
06-29-2012, 11:28 PM

It's OK to cry. I will cry with you. :cry:
Seriously though, you're doing great!

Chloe222
06-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Happy Friday!!

Nova,
Great going!! You're showing the newbies it can be done!

Mylastdiet,
You have a great name! And no doubt this will be your last diet. You've got this!! Congrats on getting into the twos!!

Chloe, thank you for the compliment. You especially have helped me get here, when I was having difficulties a few months ago, you were quick to step up and PM me to get me through it. It really does take a village, doesn't it? Have a great day!

Dakin,
I'm proud of you and look forward to joining you in maintenance soon! Thank you for the kind words. :hug:

Thanks for the encouragement...One day I too will hit the 140's. It makes me happy to think of it!

Yes, you too will hit the 140's and that will be great. Keep thinking about it and visualizing yourself at your goal weight. Feels great!

Chloe, I too feel like the time has flow. Thanks to people like you :D And the other that post here. My week 18 WI is in a few hours and I am hoping to be into the 140's. We shall see....I am super excited. I feel like I had a great week :carrot:

Mooselover, We are the same height, close in starting weight, close in age, started within a month of each other. I'm happy you have done so well and look so beautiful, and most of all, feel so good. Glad to be on this journey with you, with all of you here on 3FC.

You're doing great Chole!!!

Dana,
What a gorgeous photo! You look like a model.

Trisha,
Congrats on the new decade!! And the loose size 12's.

Kaypix
06-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Thanks guys, I stayed strong and only had a hamburger pattie and half a brat. I have spinach to snack on if I get hungry during our game night. Their water ended up being turned off while the "manly men" fixed a broken faucet but was saved by bottled water and DH yelling at me as I picked up a hot dig bun, reminding me where I want to be for our cruise.

Well I'm off for the night, thanks for the support guys I'll try to check in after Valley Fair.

usmcvet
06-29-2012, 11:39 PM

Holy Smokes. Liz I just saw a post of yours in another thread and ran here to say you are a Knock Out! I love your new avatar. Hopefully you went out on a date and had a good night!

usmcvet
06-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys, I stayed strong and only had a hamburger pattie and half a brat. I have spinach to snack on if I get hungry during our game night. Their water ended up being turned off while the "manly men" fixed a broken faucet but was saved by bottled water and DH yelling at me as I picked up a hot dig bun, reminding me where I want to be for our cruise.

Well I'm off for the night, thanks for the support guys I'll try to check in after Valley Fair.

Yeah Kaypix!:carrot::hug:

Tell DH I said no yelling!:mad:

Bellamack
06-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Hello Ipeeps,

I am in Burlington VT. for the Quilt Festival and I must say "I LOVE VT", so very beautiful. Doing alot of walking at the quilt show and downtown. Have a great weekend :)

salmongirl
06-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Hi! Checking in from vacation in Colorado! Fires burning everywhere but I swear I did not do it!
Staying 100% OP and hopefully will show a weight loss when I get back home for my weigh in.
See you next week...

patns
06-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Hello Ipeeps,

I am in Burlington VT. for the Quilt Festival and I must say "I LOVE VT", so very beautiful. Doing alot of walking at the quilt show and downtown. Have a great weekend :)

Oh dear, I was offered a job in Burlington VT 10 years ago and came out the the chilly north instead. I always want to get down there and check it out though.

I know you dearly love quilting Bella. Have a great time.

Pat

mompattie
06-30-2012, 12:43 AM

Great NSVs Vet!!!! That belt things such a real thing to watch shrink, it's tangible, while for me the scale is just sorta a number. But my clothes give me real feedback !

Pretending someone sneezed on it is an awesome idea!! I think of fries as ashtrays filled with cig butts. Works every time!!!

paulimapi
06-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Is napa cabbage allowed?

Stefany1769
06-30-2012, 03:00 AM
3. NO EXERCISE!!!
WOWWWW!!! That is awesome!! :carrot:
I find that I lose a lot more when I make sure to drink 18-20 8oz glasses of water a day too. It really helps a lot.

I wanted to pick your brain a little bit, I didnt get much help from the clinic on this one. I am headed to Valdez on Tuesday until Sunday, our boat has a working freezer, stove, running water (until the tank is empty) and we will have a few coolers with ice and the capability to make more ice. I am trying to figure out what to bring. Should I bring any WF stuff? Should i go into P2 a little bit? My mom (who is in maintenance) says that P1 would be easier because packets dont need to be cold.
What did you do on your trip and do you have any advice for me?
Thanks!! :D

I can't stand a lot of the foods either, so I usually just mix shakes/puddings into a smoothie so I can "eat" it- much like ice cream, you know? Plus I sweeten everything with stevia or splenda, which probably isn't good, but its getting me there so it just needs to be good!
And I down Mio like its going out of style. I drink 2L of regular water in the morning and then in the afternoon I drink something like 6L of mio. Again, not good, but I can't stop wanting to eat CRAP that I just need to do it.
I've slipped time and time again, so if drinking Mio and eating my "ice cream" keeps the weight off so be it!
I'm also staying away from people. If I hear one more time how I look good and I don't need a diet I'm going to FREAK. I'm 10lbs away- LEAVE ME ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Good luck!!
Oh my gosh, I SOOO know what you mean. My boss tells me at least once a week "You dont need to lose anymore!!". Sheesh just let me be! Sigh, I just smile.

repeepw,
hey thanks for the info, I will have to give it a try, but on a weekend or next week while I'm off work.:o
I use Smooth Move every week one to two days before my WI and I havent had any cramping from it. I havent had to run to the bathroom either. I did make sure to read the package and they say to only drink 8oz of the tea. I did try to drink closer to 16 oz once and decided I wouldnt do that again. I think it is pretty low key but works! :)

You are doing so well!! You sound really happy, and I am glad that you are, you deserve it you have put so much work in. :)
How did you decide what your goal weight was going to be?

I am proud of you! :carrot::carrot: The walk is really good for ya and the belt is definitely good for your soul!!! :D I'm gonna have to look into the Quest Protien Bars if you say they are that good!! I wonder if our GNC store carries them! The P.B. & J sounds awesome, I miss those sooooo much. :p

WOW YOU LOOK AWESOME!!! What a boost to the ego! You deserve it :D :carrot::carrot::carrot:

newmom7611
06-30-2012, 09:11 AM
You are doing so well!! You sound really happy, and I am glad that you are, you deserve it you have put so much work in. :)
How did you decide what your goal weight was going to be?

Thanks stef! I AM happy and can't believe I did it!! (and will continue).. An I know everyone else will too. --and holy crap! You're pretty darn close to goal!! You look great. Have you started phase 2? I originally just said "I want to lose 50 pounds." I knew it would have been more for my true goal weight, but I was so skeptical in the beginning. Anyway, after I hit 50 lbs (135) I just lowered it to 125 as my final goal. All my #s and %s were in the normal range and I feel good here. Plus, my coach said "okay time to phase!" when I hit 121 :)