100 lb. Club - kinect?

View Full Version : kinect?

graceandbalance
06-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi - I am wondering if anyone here uses an xbox kinect to exercise, and if so, what your favorite games/programs are. I have been doing the Biggest Loser xbox program, and it is not bad (I've definitely gotten more fit) but I'm looking for some variety. I do like it because I can do it in private at home, its cheaper than a personal trainer, and yet I still get pushed harder than I would watching a dvd because the program can see how I'm doing and customize its response. Anyone else use one?

WannaB2cute
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
I do this program too, some of it altered due to bad knees, I even added stability ball for some variety but I'd like a lil strength training too.... Interested to see replies on this one

owlsteazombies
11-26-2012, 11:32 AM
I really like Kinect Sports seasons 1 and 2 with the random party play mode :) Never know what you'll get!

Dance Central games are really good, but the Zumba one annoyed me a bit. I haven't picked up the Your Fitness game, but I did try the demo and it was pretty entertaining, but you could just spend $5 on a jumprope and not $60 on a game that makes you jumprope. Nike Trainer was a little intense for me, and I ended up panting like a dog in summer after a few seconds. So I skipped that one :) Oh! And believe it or not, The Disneyworld game was pretty intense. It makes you flap your arms, jump up and down, move around in pretty insane ways. I was sweaty after that one!

WannaB2cute
11-26-2012, 11:35 AM
How are those on the knees?

zoritsa
11-26-2012, 11:36 AM
I use Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 and and Zumba Fitness Rush.I love both of them...though I'll be honest and say I don't use them nearly as much as I should.

There are some frustrations on the YS(sometimes the person telling me I'm doing something wrong,when I have to modify a move gets annoying),but at the same time,some of the exercises show how your body should be positioned(like Zen and Yoga)and that has helped.

owlsteazombies
11-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Not too bad if you don't care about the points and just worry about having fun. The Kinect Sports games are probably the easiest. Dance Central works everything and I wouldn't recommend Your Fitness or Nike Trainer.

There are a couple in the Disney game that would be good, like the flight after Tinkerbell, where you just move your arms and upper body :)

WannaB2cute
11-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Do y'all consider any of theses strength training

BeachBreeze2010
11-27-2012, 01:50 PM
I have a wii and do Just Dance 3 sometimes and feel a workout from it, so we are thinking about getting a kinect for our xbox and get Just Dance 4 for Christmas. Anyone have any thoughts on the difference between the wii and kinect? Also, I've done "real" Zumba in person in a class, but not the kind on a video game. Is it still a good workout on the video game?

DivineFidelity
11-28-2012, 04:59 AM
I have your shape fitness evolved 2012, and I actually enjoy it. It kind of reminds me of wii fit. I have back problems, knee problems, and foot problems. I do find some of it too difficult due to my injuries, but there is a lot that I CAN do and that I find entertaining.

I also play the dance central games, and use those as a workout. If you keep going without stopping it's some really good cardio, and if you exaggerate the movements more it can tone too (bending the knees more, etc).

I have tried the disneyland game demo for kinect and it was a good workout. I want to get that game when I have the money.

WannaB2cute
11-28-2012, 12:58 PM
@beachbreeze I prefer the kinect cause it shows YOU so you can see on screen if ur body is matching the trainer

BeachBreeze2010
11-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Okay - neat! I think I'll like that. Thanks!

zoritsa
11-28-2012, 07:48 PM
I have both Zumba for the Wii and Zumba Rush for the Kinect.Zumba Rush for kinect really leaves me huffing,puffing and sweaty.I like it a lot!