South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Is nutrisystem tuna salad Phase 1 friendly?

Big Lots always sells overstock nutrisystem food...I buy it often because its portable and quick. so far, i've been using the tuna salad ($1 a pkg..sometimes 50 cents!) in lettuce wraps, adding LF cheese, celery and red pepper. I've even thrown the tuna packets in my purse and eaten it straight out of the pack when i'm on the road since it doesnt need to be refrigerated. I would love to keep incorporating it into my south beach eating...i'm going to list the nutrition info and ingredients...let me know if it looks ok for phase 1. Its got some sugar in the mayo but the carbs are only 3 so I wasnt sure if it was ok or not.

serving size 1 pkg (3 oz)
calories 120
total fat 6.5g
sat fat 1g
cholesterol 20mg
sodium 280mg
total carbs 3g
fiber 1g
protein 13g

ingredients:
light tuna, mayonnaise (soybean oil, egg, sugar, salt, egg yolk powder, vinegar, modified starch, skim milk, xanthan gum, and pickle) mixed spices, water chestnuts, onions.
contains milke, egg and fish (tuna)

thank you!!!
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

From a purist standpoint, it might be a little iffy, but from a practical standpoint, I there's probably not enough of the "bad" ingredients in there to get you in trouble.
On the other hand - I do the same thing with the Starkist tuna in a pouch. It's JUST tuna, but there is something about the packaging that makes it taste fresher. I can usually find a 75 cent off coupon for multiples to print online, which then gets doubled at the store - making them pretty reasonable as well.
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote