Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 06/28/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 06/28/12

rissimo
06-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Good morning. I have mynWI today and want to do it NOW! Not sure ow manynweeksnim at. 13/14? Gotta pull out the calendar. Have a great day everyone.

cyndie
06-28-2012, 07:31 AM
Good morning! I hope you have a great WI today usmcvet! Today is my Mother's birthday and we are giving her party, but I will do great.

Another day in the 100's and in the pool. Thank goodness we have a pool! This is the hottest June I remember, ever.

I hope everyone has a great OP day.

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Good morning! I hope you have a great WI today usmcvet! Today is my Mother's birthday and we are giving her party, but I will do great.

Another day in the 100's and in the pool. Thank goodness we have a pool! This is the hottest June I remember, ever.

I hope everyone has a great OP day.

Thank you. I wish we had a pool at home!

Meadow Wheeler
06-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Best wishes for a great WI usmcvet!

evepet
06-28-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm sending good vibes for your WI today usmcvet! Fingers crossed....:carrot::carrot:

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Best wishes for a great WI usmcvet!

Thanks meadow. My scale said 360 this morning which is 110# lost so I should make it past 100# today.

rissimo
06-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Good morning. I have mynWI today and want to do it NOW! Not sure ow manynweeksnim at. 13/14? Gotta pull out the calendar. Have a great day everyone.

Good luck on your weigh in, I know that you are going to do great!!! Remember, any loss is a great loss, even if it is just inches! You've got this. I am so proud of you for what you have done so far!!!!:hug:

Well according to the Wii this morning, I am back down to where I was last week. Hopefully, me starting to work out on the Wii again in the mornings and evening will help. I have got to start toning up some of this saggy skin. My upper arms "flap" in the wind now. As long as I don't raise them they don't look too bad.:o I noticed in the mirror the other morning that I no longer have the "bubble butt" that I have had all my life. I was always made fun of growing up becasue of it. Now I have to work on lifting it back up. I guess I will be doing squats and donkey kicks...eeeeeawwww eeeeeawwwww. And of corse, my tummie needs toning as well. Lots to do, lots to do.

I see there are alot of newbies here, WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to start this plan. I feel it is the best decision anyone can make. Yes it is a very restricted plan, but at least you know what you are going to have everyday and you don't have to sit and stare into the cabinets and fridge deciding what you are going to fix. It does become easier after the first week or so. There is alot if support here on this site, so please do not be afraid to ask questions. If you fall off the wagon, just pick yourself back up and get right back on, don't beat yourself up over it. There will be times that you may get some tough love from us here, but please do not take is personally, it it out of love and concern. We know that it can be done, and we know that you can do it. We ALL are here because of one reason and we are in this together. We all know what it feels likes and that is what makes this such a wonderful place.

Congratulations to all the ones who had weigh in's so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful OP day.

Hugs and smooches to ya'll!!

PhoenixRisingAgain
06-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy WI day to all who are weighing in! So this is day 4, have a slight headache this morning, probably normal, right? Did great yesterday, no hunger feelings. I really can't believe that one!

Gonna try something different today: I need another cup of coffee and I'm going to try putting some of my breakfast shake into it instead of half and half. I am still working on easing off of the h & h use in my coffee, so hoping that using some of my shake to make it taste better than black coffee.

It's going to be pretty hot where I am today! Water water water! I bought some flavored sparkling waters yesterday and plan to add a few splashes into my water bottle just for variety. That's OK isn't it? The bottle claims zero everything: calories, carbs, sugars.

Have a great day peeps!

Thorfinn
06-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks meadow. My scale said 360 this morning which is 110# lost so I should make it past 100# today.

Stop by on your way back through :D

explore
06-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Good morning everyone! Quick question -- I'm in my 8th week faithfully. I'm having a harder week with cravings and hunger (TOM). My coach told me to add another packet to deal with this. So, the past couple of nights I had an extra restricted (knowing I should of had a nonrestricted). What are the consequences of this?

aimeed3
06-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Today is Day 3 for me. I am feeling good just tired, but I am always tired.
I did sneak on the scale today but its hard to tell how much I've lost (I know I've lost something) b/c I have a digital scale and the clinic has the scale where you slide the bars, KWIM? So I am going to have to tough it out until next Tuesday when I go WI.

Good luck to everyone who is weighing in today.

Another hot one! heat index 108-115 UGHHH!!! This weather does nothing for my hair. :)

Have a GREAT OP day!!!

rissimo
06-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Good morning everyone! Quick question -- I'm in my 8th week faithfully. I'm having a harder week with cravings and hunger (TOM). My coach told me to add another packet to deal with this. So, the past couple of nights I had an extra restricted (knowing I should of had a nonrestricted). What are the consequences of this?

There may not be much of a loss this time. As far as the hunger, snack on some egg whites, boil some eggs and discard the yolks, scrable some egg whites, spread your veggies out throughout the day instead of eating them all at lunch and dinner. I have had to do this a couple of times. As long as you get your recommned 4 cups in a day everything is fine. Try drinking some hot herbal tea when you feel the hunger pangs.

Try and distinguse if it is a true hunger or a head hunger. I had to learn that. And remember that YOU CONTROL THE FOOD, FOOD DOES NOT CONTROL YOU!!!

Since it is TOM, when you feel the cravings, go and do something else to distract yourself from it, try taking a short walk...something to take your mind off of the craving. You can and will get thru this.

locopollo
06-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Morning IP peeps! I hope I can keep up with you today! :D

Tonight is my consult and tomorrow I'll start. Thanks for all the great information here.

kaypix, love the bike!

Hope today's WI's go well. :carrot:

dizzyjean
06-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Good luck on your weigh in, I know that you are going to do great!!! Remember, any loss is a great loss, even if it is just inches! You've got this. I am so proud of you for what you have done so far!!!!:hug:

Well according to the Wii this morning, I am back down to where I was last week. Hopefully, me starting to work out on the Wii again in the mornings and evening will help. I have got to start toning up some of this saggy skin. My upper arms "flap" in the wind now. As long as I don't raise them they don't look too bad.:o I noticed in the mirror the other morning that I no longer have the "bubble butt" that I have had all my life. I was always made fun of growing up becasue of it. Now I have to work on lifting it back up. I guess I will be doing squats and donkey kicks...eeeeeawwww eeeeeawwwww. And of corse, my tummie needs toning as well. Lots to do, lots to do.

I see there are alot of newbies here, WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to start this plan. I feel it is the best decision anyone can make. Yes it is a very restricted plan, but at least you know what you are going to have everyday and you don't have to sit and stare into the cabinets and fridge deciding what you are going to fix. It does become easier after the first week or so. There is alot if support here on this site, so please do not be afraid to ask questions. If you fall off the wagon, just pick yourself back up and get right back on, don't beat yourself up over it. There will be times that you may get some tough love from us here, but please do not take is personally, it it out of love and concern. We know that it can be done, and we know that you can do it. We ALL are here because of one reason and we are in this together. We all know what it feels likes and that is what makes this such a wonderful place.

Congratulations to all the ones who had weigh in's so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in.

Riss- I was thinking the same things about toning. I feel like the saggy baggy elephant! But this is such a fabulous program, the weight does come off! Happy HOT day here in the DC area!

Dakin
06-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Vet: Keeping my fingers crossed for you WI today - I know how much you want to break that barrier!

Riss: Love the new hair cut and your stats are fabulous!

Good morning! Today is my Mother's birthday and we are giving her party, but I will do great.

Stay cool! That heat is headed this way tomorrow! Enjoy spending time with your mom today... those are precious times.

Hopefully, me starting to work out on the Wii again in the mornings and evening will help. I have got to start toning up some of this saggy skin. My upper arms "flap" in the wind now. As long as I don't raise them they don't look too bad.:o I noticed in the mirror the other morning that I no longer have the "bubble butt" that I have had all my life. I was always made fun of growing up becasue of it. Now I have to work on lifting it back up. I guess I will be doing squats and donkey kicks...eeeeeawwww eeeeeawwwww. And of corse, my tummie needs toning as well. Lots to do, lots to do.

!!
Me too! I haven't really started exercising yet, even tho I keep saying I am going to. You just reminded me of a not-so-fondly-remembered nickname my dad had for me: Crisco - fat in the can. I'll get a lot of walking in this weekend. Going to see Roger Waters at Fenway Park and will spend a few days in Boston just walking around and enjoying the city.

Good Morning Everyone! Happy WI day to all who are weighing in! So this is day 4, have a slight headache this morning, probably normal, right? Did great yesterday, no hunger feelings. I really can't believe that one!

Phoenix! So glad you decided to jump in after all! It sounds like you're doing great so far.

Sounds like my week 7 mini-crisis. You may not suffer any consequence at all, or you may plateau for a week, as Riss said. Good luck getting over this hump!

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Stop by on your way back through :D Leaving work now. I will call you or if you shoot me a text of your address I will stop by!

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is Day 3 for me. I am feeling good just tired, but I am always tired.
I did sneak on the scale today but its hard to tell how much I've lost (I know I've lost something) b/c I have a digital scale and the clinic has the scale where you slide the bars, KWIM? So I am going to have to tough it out until next Tuesday when I go WI.

Good luck to everyone who is weighing in today.

Another hot one! heat index 108-115 UGHHH!!! This weather does nothing for my hair. :)

Have a GREAT OP day!!! Tired is normal week one from what I have read and my experience. I felt like I was in a fog that whole week.

[QUOTE=Dakin;4386727]Vet: Keeping my fingers crossed for you WI today - I know how much you want to break that barrier!

Dankin. GOAL! I just like saying that!

mompattie
06-28-2012, 10:04 AM
GO USMVET!!!!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

rissimo
06-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Me too! I haven't really started exercising yet, even tho I keep saying I am going to. You just reminded me of a not-so-fondly-remembered nickname my dad had for me: Crisco - fat in the can. I'll get a lot of walking in this weekend. Going to see Roger Waters at Fenway Park and will spend a few days in Boston just walking around and enjoying the city.

Thank you, the haircut was a spur of the moment thing. I was tired of looking at my hair and seeing how thin(er) it had gotten.

Have fun this week-end!!!

reneepw
06-28-2012, 10:17 AM

Niiice! Can't wait to hear the official result!

reneepw
06-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Today is a new day. I beat myself up on the 4.5 hour drive home from Virginia yesterday for eating a crappy lunch. Got home in time to take a bag training class at the dojo and felt better after hitting the heavy bag for an hour.

Hope everyone stays cool and hydrated today. Back to heat warnings here in Philly area.

Riss - I love the hair cut. You look terrific!

Unwaver1ng
06-28-2012, 10:27 AM

Gonna try something different today: I need another cup of coffee and I'm going to try putting some of my breakfast shake into it instead of half and half. I am still working on easing off of the h & h use in my coffee, so hoping that using some of my shake to make it taste better than black coffee.
!

I do this all the time with my coffee. It tastes great; I hope you love it because I do!

I can't wait to learn your official results!

Today marks the official completion of my first week. I think that the restrictions are what I need right now. I look at it like I am rebooting my mind. I get to give it a break, then eventually re-teach it how to make food decisions. It is great!

Morning IP peeps! I hope I can keep up with you today! :D

Tonight is my consult and tomorrow I'll start. Thanks for all the great information here.

kaypix, love the bike!

Hope today's WI's go well. :carrot:

Welcome to the program and good for you!

I am traveling a seven hour road trip today. I have had to do a ton of planning to be prepared for meals and snacks for this trip. On the plus side, I won't be stopping for food, so I should arrive sooner!

~Jenni

Cadu
06-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Good Morning Everybody

I have been away a couple days.. very busy and honestly, I have been spending way too much time on here ( I am addicted) and I wasnt getting anything done. I have to make an effort to only check in once in awhile.

Congrats on all losses and Good luck at all WI's

IPdivajen
06-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Hey Cadu! Nice to see you. :)

USMC - rock that scale, my friend. I feel like I'll be refreshing this thread like a crazy person until I see your update!!!

Riss, I hear you on the flab. My arms could carry me home if ever I was to take flight! And the craziest part? My thighs! Because things have loosened up so much the bottom parts flab around and sometimes make contact with one another as I walk. Makes a horrible sound. Mortifying.

What's even more mortifying is that I just admitted that on the internet!!! :o

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. I'm feeling a bit better today as there was a nice .6lb drop overnight so I'm hoping I'm getting back on track.

rissimo
06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
And the craziest part? My thighs! Because things have loosened up so much the bottom parts flab around and sometimes make contact with one another as I walk. Makes a horrible sound. Mortifying.

What's even more mortifying is that I just admitted that on the internet!!!:o

Me too, I feel ya sista!!!!!!!

wuv2bloved
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Good morning y'all....just wanted to check in here, I am loving my new job as a coach! very satisfied meeting the people. They are all happy to finally meet me so its exciting :)

USMC you gonna stop by and see me too?....hahaha

Trishak
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Had WI#24 today (feels like WI 2,4000,000 :D). Only down .6 this week. I expected this, as I was really struggling with stay OP last week and over the weekend. But I've been 100% since Monday, and have resolve to stay that way from here on out. I'm really hoping to have a great WI next week. I really NEED to see the 150's on that scale soon. I've been hanging out at 161-162 for 2 weeks now and I'm ready to move onward!

My taste buds have changes so much on this diet. I brought my coffee to work so I could make my drink with the vanilla drink mix after my WI, but I was hungry and drank the coffee black in the car on the way to work. It tasted so good. I would have NEVER drank black coffee before. Now I can have a yummy bar for breakfast! :carrot:

Ok, everyone have a great 100% day!

nomoreweight
06-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Good morning, everyone! I had a little NSV this morning. I put on these jeans that I had bought a few weeks before starting this program. They are actually what inspired me to do this, as it was the first pair of size 18 that I bought. I had been a size 16 for a few years now, and was so scared when they started getting tight. Anyways, I woke up feeling a little discouraged, and put these pants on. They are to big! Mainly in the thighs, which is kinda strange, but also the waist! I had to take em back off to make sure they were the pair I thought they were, and I was giddy when I realized they were! They were my "tight" jeans when I got em! Go me!

Good luck to everyone with a WI today, and I hope everyone has an awesome OP day!

GiGiBlue
06-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Wow! I wish I had time to comment on all the motivating posts and pics here. Posted my first comment yesterday, saying I was struggling. Last night, I spent some time getting down to the real reason for that struggle. I have to admit that throughout my 20+year marriage, I have made poor decisions regarding my own health and well-being, in order to avoid conflict with my husband. I eat out way more than I would like, I eat in restaurants I don't like and eat meals at home I don't want. I realize this has very little to do with my husband, and a whole lot to do with my "wanting to please". From today forward, I am going to do what's right for me. I told him that I'm no longer going grocery shopping with him, struggling through the aisles of candy, chips, cookies, crap, etc. etc. etc. He's on his own. Today I feel refreshed with new-found strength to reach my goal. These posts are going to help get me there. It's time to grow up and treat myself like I'm worth it! Thanks to all, and best wishes to all here. :):):):):):) 1 for every 5 lost!

swimcoachmomma
06-28-2012, 11:51 AM
good morning folks. this is day two of phase one after some time in maintenance. was super hungry yesterday. Today is another day and I have had my coffee and shake so far. Seems to be less stressful this time. I've got this!!!hopefully will reboot and make those last few pounds melt off quickly. Lots of great support here. I have also ditched my coach and so i am grateful for you all. Good luck with all of the weighins- cant wait to hear the update Vet...

shathom
06-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Good morning all, had my WI and I am down another 3#, that is a total of 43 lbs gone forever and another 3 inches gone as well for 22 total! I am flying high right now. Good luck to everyone that has to weigh in today. Have a great day all!

Robag
06-28-2012, 11:56 AM

Good luck man! This is a huge milestone to attain, and I'm sure you'll feel fantastic. Looking forward to the results.

Hoping everyone has a great day and good luck to all WI's to come.:)

Mamalee
06-28-2012, 11:59 AM

Sending lightweight wishes your way for your WI this today. Wow!!!! 100#!!! Amazing. :carrot: What an inspiration you are to us all. :hug:

bttrhalf
06-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Wow! I wish I had time to comment on all the motivating posts and pics here. Posted my first comment yesterday, saying I was struggling. Last night, I spent some time getting down to the real reason for that struggle. I have to admit that throughout my 20+year marriage, I have made poor decisions regarding my own health and well-being, in order to avoid conflict with my husband. I eat out way more than I would like, I eat in restaurants I don't like and eat meals at home I don't want. I realize this has very little to do with my husband, and a whole lot to do with my "wanting to please". From today forward, I am going to do what's right for me. I told him that I'm no longer going grocery shopping with him, struggling through the aisles of candy, chips, cookies, crap, etc. etc. etc. He's on his own. Today I feel refreshed with new-found strength to reach my goal. These posts are going to help get me there. It's time to grow up and treat myself like I'm worth it! Thanks to all, and best wishes to all here. :):):):):):) 1 for every 5 lost!

great to here you have figured out that you are worth it:hug:

I have WI #1 today in the afternoon, a bit scared hoping for a real good number down (5 would be great). my jeans are already starting to feel looser :carrot:.
next Monday I leave for a short road trip to Libby Montana for a Wedding on Tuesday and then home on the 4th I will be discussing this with my coach today to see how to plan for this and what i should bring with me. going to have my son bring his laptop so I can get online see how things are going with every one here you guy's keep me motivated and OP.:grouphug:

clinic
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but8/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

home
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-ost/slider-chicken/lb/197/145/190/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Up North Girl
06-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Good Morning! I order my IP products online. I got all ready to order through The Protein Store because they were 10% off and free shipping, but now the site has been "under maintenance" for the last two days. Any one know what's going on?

rvingprincess
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM

Way to go girl :carrot: sometimes in life we have to be a bit selfish and this is one of those times. Stick to your guns.

Caren

Kaypix
06-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Good luck Vet!

Good morning, everyone! I had a little NSV this morning. I put on these jeans that I had bought a few weeks before starting this program. They are actually what inspired me to do this, as it was the first pair of size 18 that I bought. I had been a size 16 for a few years now, and was so scared when they started getting tight. Anyways, I woke up feeling a little discouraged, and put these pants on. They are to big! Mainly in the thighs, which is kinda strange, but also the waist! I had to take em back off to make sure they were the pair I thought they were, and I was giddy when I realized they were! They were my "tight" jeans when I got em! Go me!

Good luck to everyone with a WI today, and I hope everyone has an awesome OP day!
Hey I'm also South Dakota! where are you at? I'm Sioux Falls

Wow! I wish I had time to comment on all the motivating posts and pics here. Posted my first comment yesterday, saying I was struggling. Last night, I spent some time getting down to the real reason for that struggle. I have to admit that throughout my 20+year marriage, I have made poor decisions regarding my own health and well-being, in order to avoid conflict with my husband. I eat out way more than I would like, I eat in restaurants I don't like and eat meals at home I don't want. I realize this has very little to do with my husband, and a whole lot to do with my "wanting to please". From today forward, I am going to do what's right for me. I told him that I'm no longer going grocery shopping with him, struggling through the aisles of candy, chips, cookies, crap, etc. etc. etc. He's on his own. Today I feel refreshed with new-found strength to reach my goal. These posts are going to help get me there. It's time to grow up and treat myself like I'm worth it! Thanks to all, and best wishes to all here. :):):):):):) 1 for every 5 lost! There's a book called "Disease to Please" and it's really good if you're a people pleaser. It looks at the causes and has a "treatment" plan at the end, to help you learn to look out for YOU for a change. I read it and it really helped me.

Ravenswood2012
06-28-2012, 12:12 PM

Hi, I had a slight headache in the first week, I think it's the limited carbs....

Here's what I do for breakfast & it's AWESOME!!

Butterscotch Pudding mixed with a STRONG cup of coffee, add a little water (1/4 cup) 2 Tbsp WF caramel syrup & shake well. Then add tons of ice & shake again. It tastes like a fancy caramel coffee drink from a specialty coffee shop!!!

Mamalee
06-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Just a quick thank you to everyone for all their encouragement yesterday. :hug: I was so down after my Cheese Puff cheat, but thanks to all of you here, I felt better and got right back on track with 100% OP again.

So, as of today, I have my one day off program and 27 days 100% OP. I'll chose to focus on those. Thanks everyone!!! :hug:

Here's wishing everyone an OP day today! And a slishy-sloshy water day. Gonna be 105 here today with heat index even higher. :dizzy: Off to get more water. :D

Lee

Kaypix
Hey everyone, just checking in. Let's see, what's my day lookin' like...I was up at 7:00 (instead of 8:00) so I could go down to the basement and throw a coat of paint on the motorcycle parts, down to only 3 parts left, 2 critical, one not so much. DH got the bike so close to done last night, we are doing a HUGE push and finishing it up tonight, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Longhorn: Haha you mention the resevoir. Look at the lower picture, that's what the ACTUAL bike looked like, can you see the silver cover? That's one of those pieces I've been painting ;)
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/editedvrod.jpg
They will be a flat black the same as the "tank" (actually that's an airbox cover, his gas tank is under the seat) and everything else not engine or frame :)

I am finally feeling like I might see an end in sight for this motorcycle nightmare and am so ready for it to be DONE. Life is so stressful at home it's unreal, and DH is completely useless to do anything but either work on, or b*tch about his bike. I'm looking forward to that being done, just in time for our weekend getaway.

Also tonight I'm going to try and make his license plate mount, shouldn't be "too" bad to get that done, and then we'll be off and running!

nomoreweight
Good luck Vet!

Hey I'm also South Dakota! where are you at? I'm Sioux Falls

There's a book called "Disease to Please" and it's really good if you're a people pleaser. It looks at the causes and has a "treatment" plan at the end, to help you learn to look out for YOU for a change. I read it and it really helped me.

Hey, Kaypix! I wish there was a way to tag a person's name in these forums. I've tried to talk to you before because I saw you were in SD also! Haha...I live in Iroquois right now, which is a little rural town close to Huron. I am from SF and my family, and husband's family, are all still there. I have been helping my mom get her house ready to be on the market (dad passed away last year), so my kids and I have been in SF at least once a week. I would love to meet up some time! Good to meet you! :D

Ravenswood2012
06-28-2012, 12:18 PM
There may not be much of a loss this time. As far as the hunger, snack on some egg whites, boil some eggs and discard the yolks, scrable some egg whites, spread your veggies out throughout the day instead of eating them all at lunch and dinner. I have had to do this a couple of times. As long as you get your recommned 4 cups in a day everything is fine. Try drinking some hot herbal tea when you feel the hunger pangs.

Try and distinguse if it is a true hunger or a head hunger. I had to learn that. And remember that YOU CONTROL THE FOOD, FOOD DOES NOT CONTROL YOU!!!

Since it is TOM, when you feel the cravings, go and do something else to distract yourself from it, try taking a short walk...something to take your mind off of the craving. You can and will get thru this.

What great advise..... Thank you!! This is week 5 for me & it was a rough one.... Your words will hep next time I have a rough patch :)

DanafromAustin
06-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Good morning everyone, and hope everyone stays cool today. Another really hot day in Austin today, but hopefully it will get out of the 100's today.

Vet - good luck at WI today and it sounds like you are going to have some great news to share with us.

To everyone else who has or had WI's today - congrats for making it another week on this awesome weight loss program.

imaudrey2
06-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Hello! I have been on IP since mid-May and have been following this blog since then. The past two weeks I "fell of the wagon" so to speak, so I thought actually joining and talking with everyone will help me stay OP.
All of you are so inspirational, helpful and positive that I love reading this everyday. Hoping to stay motivated!

doublebaby
06-28-2012, 12:23 PM

You are worth it!! While it is easier with just having to cook for my husband and I, (and he will eat what I make for myself except for maybe an extra carb now and then) I am just in the produce and meat sections of the store anymore. But, he has learned to go and do his own shopping about every 10 days or so for what HE WANTS. He puts it right away in the pantry and I never have to look at it. In fact I rarely open the pantry door anymore since I eat mainly fresh things. My IP packets I keep elsewhere in a basket. You can do this! Best wishes:)

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Down 107#'s as of WI today!

aimeed3
06-28-2012, 12:31 PM

WHOHOOOO VET!! I am a newbie, but I've been looking for your update!! What a huge accomplishment!!! CONGRATS!!!! :carrot:
And how many weeks was that?

Aimee

Thorfinn
06-28-2012, 12:33 PM

Great catching up with you brother. You're looking fantastic!

rvingprincess
06-28-2012, 12:38 PM

Way to go usmcvet, :carrot::carrot::carrot:you are such an inspiration to everyone, and a great role model to your kids. I bet your family is sooooo proud of you. You Rock!

Caren

jebaughman
06-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Good Morning! I order my IP products online. I got all ready to order through The Protein Store because they were 10% off and free shipping, but now the site has been "under maintenance" for the last two days. Any one know what's going on?
I had a receipt from them and I was going to give you a phone number, but there is not one listed. You can contact by email at: sales@shopforprotein.com. I think Daisy will respond to you promptly. I have been using them off and on for additional products and supplements. I know they have been having website problems and changed from the proteinstore.com to shopforprotein.com within the last month or so. Good luck in finding the products you need.
Another hot day in South TX. At least it is not as hot here on the Gulf as it is inland. They set new high temp records Mon and Tuesday in Harlingen and Brownsville.
I have Physical therapy today so will get my exercise in. Plan for another day 100% on plan.
Good luck to aoo on their WIs today. Stay strong everyone over the holiday.:):cool:

jebaughman
06-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Awesome. I cant wait to get to 100, having just made it to -50.:broc::broc::dancer:

rissimo
06-28-2012, 12:46 PM

If you are like me, you have always done everything to please everyone else and put yourself on the backburner, as long as everyone else is happy and gets what they want and need it doesn't matter. I finally realized that I needed to make myself happy as well, I deserve it and I am worth it. And so do/are you!! It's time that we begin to worry about us for a change. Since I started this plan, I always cook something else for DH and DD. Dh would eat what I was with a little extra. DD did not. Now DH is on the plan so I only have to cook for DD. Of course, DH is on the Alternative for Diabetics so again hee gets a little extra that I don't. I'm proud of you for taking the time and reflecting in this and making a decision.

:carrot::carrot:WHOOT WHOOT...GO VET, GO VET, YOU'RE THE MAN:carrot::carrot:

See what did I tell ya????? YOU ROCK!

alz904
06-28-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm new to this forum and have been OP for 5 weeks now. I'm wondering what most women's average weekly weight loss is. My first two weeks were excellent (8.5 lbs each week) and after that, I'm only averaging about 1.5 - 2 lbs per week. I'd like to see better results than that. I'm getting kind of discouraged as I'd hoped the weight loss would be more than 1-2 lbs per week. :(

Thanks!

sherrymorss
06-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Was down another 5 pounds at weigh in yesterday afternoon. So that makes a total of 28 lost. A lot more than if I was just counting calories. Good luck everyone weighing in today and congratulations to all those showing losses.

nomoreweight
06-28-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm new to this forum and have been OP for 5 weeks now. I'm wondering what most women's average weekly weight loss is. My first two weeks were excellent (8.5 lbs each week) and after that, I'm only averaging about 1.5 - 2 lbs per week. I'd like to see better results than that. I'm getting kind of discouraged as I'd hoped the weight loss would be more than 1-2 lbs per week. :(

Thanks!

You are doing awesome! I don't know exactly how much you've lost or want to lose, but look at it like this. If I took your losses for the lowest numbers you stated, that means you've lost at least 21.5lbs in 5 weeks. If we were to average that out, your average is 4.3lbs per week! That is great! Especially since this program states that the avg weight loss is 3-5 lbs per week.

This is what I did. Instead of just a weight goal, I also have a time goal. I would like to get to my goal weight by my birthday, so that means if I average at least 3 lbs per week, I will make my goal! Very doable!

Good luck, and keep it up! :)

DanafromAustin
06-28-2012, 01:01 PM

You made it into the century club!! :bravo:

momat40
06-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Yesterday's WI - down another 2 lbs. I've changed my goal because I don't feel that 7 lbs would get me to size 8.

Rissimo: Your hair looks great.

and for all those lossses, great job!

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 01:33 PM
WHOHOOOO VET!! I am a newbie, but I've been looking for your update!! What a huge accomplishment!!! CONGRATS!!!! :carrot:
And how many weeks was that?

Aimee

13 weeks, one month. I started March 29, 2012.

Great catching up with you brother. You're looking fantastic!

Thanks Brother. It was so nice to meet your baby girl and to see your wife again. I can not wait to see how big T is now. You're looking great too. FWIW I don't think you need to loose anything more but make the decision best for you after you do some more thinking about it.

Way to go usmcvet, :carrot::carrot::carrot:you are such an inspiration to everyone, and a great role model to your kids. I bet your family is sooooo proud of you. You Rock!

Caren My oldest Jack is very proud of me. The little ones are just kinda too little to get into it much.

Awesome. I cant wait to get to 100, having just made it to -50.:broc::broc::dancer: 50 is an awesome accomplishment. You will be to 100 before you know it. My head is kinda swimming right now.

:carrot::carrot:WHOOT WHOOT...GO VET, GO VET, YOU'RE THE MAN:carrot::carrot:

See what did I tell ya????? YOU ROCK!

Thanks Riss, yo rock too, Hottie! :hug:

Thanks! I think I remember hearing 2-3 for women and 5-7 for men. Everyone is different. 1.5-2 #'s a week is good work.

You made it into the century club!! :bravo:
Yeah kinda cool. You're right on my heels.

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 01:38 PM
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/VT107.png
So today was a huge day for me on my weight loss journey. I wanted to make it to 100 pounds lost by today. I made it to 107 pounds lost. It was a great moment for me. It took about ten min for it to hit me, and then I got emotional and cried. I had two wonderful hugs from Dr. Lake and my coach Emily. So I searched for a new fun photo and I found this. Then Dr. Lake gave me a ketosis stick to see what color it would be. The stick was bright purple, the same color as my shirt today. Dr. Lake said I was in deep ketosis.
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/6262012.jpg
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/VT107.png
Many of you know about the damage VT suffered following Hurricane Irene. Route 107 was hit very hard. Here are a few photos. Believe me when I tell you they do not even begin to show you how badly we were hit by Irene. While impressive the photos just do not paint the complete picture.
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/Route7VTreopensDONE.jpg
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/JP-VERMONT-popup.jpg
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/brokenrt107.jpg

I am not done with my weight loss but these photos kind of hit me today. Loosing 100#’s was something I never thought I would be able to do. Well it’s freaking done and I have another 143 to go until I hit goal. The torn up roads and broken bridges made me think of my struggle and the struggle Vermonters went through following Irene. They are very different struggles but they are struggles. Re opening 107 was HUGE for VT. Losing 107 Pounds was HUGE for me.

staceyjblack
06-28-2012, 01:42 PM

AMAZEBALLS!:carrot::carrot::carrot::D

cscape
06-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Hope everyone is having a great day! I took out some boneless pork country ribs (lots of meat, little fat), from my freezer but cannot use the recipes I would normally use for them. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sauce or marinade that would be 100% IP? I know I can parboil them to get rid of excess fat.but don't know where to go from there. Any ideas??

cscape
06-28-2012, 01:44 PM
staceyjblack and usmcvet you guys have done an awesome job!

staceyjblack
06-28-2012, 01:46 PM
staceyjblack and usmcvet you guys have done an awesome job!

thanks cscape!

Darralyn
06-28-2012, 01:46 PM

Hugs and smooches to ya'll!!Love the hairdo Riss and also appreciate you opening this chat as often as you do.
You are so kind and such a great cheerleader! Thanks!! :hug:

Good Morning Everybody

I have been away a couple days.. very busy and honestly, I have been spending way too much time on here ( I am addicted) and I wasnt getting anything done. I have to make an effort to only check in once in awhile.

You have been missed!!! Great to see you back! I know I have had to back off on this also; not getting enough done! :hug:

Hey Cadu! Nice to see you. :)

USMC - rock that scale, my friend. I feel like I'll be refreshing this thread like a crazy person until I see your update!!!

Riss, I hear you on the flab. My arms could carry me home if ever I was to take flight! And the craziest part? My thighs! Because things have loosened up so much the bottom parts flab around and sometimes make contact with one another as I walk. Makes a horrible sound. Mortifying.

What's even more mortifying is that I just admitted that on the internet!!! :o

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. I'm feeling a bit better today as there was a nice .6lb drop overnight so I'm hoping I'm getting back on track.
Oh we won't tell anyone. :smug:

Good morning y'all....just wanted to check in here, I am loving my new job as a coach! very satisfied meeting the people. They are all happy to finally meet me so its exciting :)

USMC you gonna stop by and see me too?....hahaha
Glad you are lovin your new job!! You are going to do so well and what a great fit!! It is amazing how things work out for the best! Love you. :hug:

Had WI#24 today (feels like WI 2,4000,000 :D). Only down .6 this week. I expected this, as I was really struggling with stay OP last week and over the weekend. But I've been 100% since Monday, and have resolve to stay that way from here on out. I'm really hoping to have a great WI next week. I really NEED to see the 150's on that scale soon. I've been hanging out at 161-162 for 2 weeks now and I'm ready to move onward!

My taste buds have changes so much on this diet. I brought my coffee to work so I could make my drink with the vanilla drink mix after my WI, but I was hungry and drank the coffee black in the car on the way to work. It tasted so good. I would have NEVER drank black coffee before. Now I can have a yummy bar for breakfast! :carrot:

Ok, everyone have a great 100% day!
Great job!! You are doing very well! :carrot::carrot:

That is wonderful!! I love the clothes getting too big!!

That's the way to take care of yourself; cause if we don't aint nobody gonna do it for us!!! :D

good morning folks. this is day two of phase one after some time in maintenance. was super hungry yesterday. Today is another day and I have had my coffee and shake so far. Seems to be less stressful this time. I've got this!!!hopefully will reboot and make those last few pounds melt off quickly. Lots of great support here. I have also ditched my coach and so i am grateful for you all. Good luck with all of the weighins- cant wait to hear the update Vet...
YOU CAN DO THIS! You did it before and you can do it again!! We are with you!! :hug:

Good morning all, had my WI and I am down another 3#, that is a total of 43 lbs gone forever and another 3 inches gone as well for 22 total! I am flying high right now. Good luck to everyone that has to weigh in today. Have a great day all!
Fantastic!! You are really going for it aren't you!! I am very happy for you!! :hug:

great to here you have figured out that you are worth it:hug:

I have WI #1 today in the afternoon, a bit scared hoping for a real good number down (5 would be great). my jeans are already starting to feel looser :carrot:.
next Monday I leave for a short road trip to Libby Montana for a Wedding on Tuesday and then home on the 4th I will be discussing this with my coach today to see how to plan for this and what i should bring with me. going to have my son bring his laptop so I can get online see how things are going with every one here you guy's keep me motivated and OP.:grouphug:QUOTE]
Wave at me in Spokane on your way by!!! :wave:

[QUOTE=Mamalee;4386916]Just a quick thank you to everyone for all their encouragement yesterday. :hug: I was so down after my Cheese Puff cheat, but thanks to all of you here, I felt better and got right back on track with 100% OP again.

So, as of today, I have my one day off program and 27 days 100% OP. I'll chose to focus on those. Thanks everyone!!! :hug:

Here's wishing everyone an OP day today! And a slishy-sloshy water day. Gonna be 105 here today with heat index even higher. :dizzy: Off to get more water. :D

Lee
Good for you for gettin back on the OP horse!! :carrot:

Good morning everyone, and hope everyone stays cool today. Another really hot day in Austin today, but hopefully it will get out of the 100's today.

Vet - good luck at WI today and it sounds like you are going to have some great news to share with us.

To everyone else who has or had WI's today - congrats for making it another week on this awesome weight loss program.
You are so cute!!! Love the picture! :D

Hello! I have been on IP since mid-May and have been following this blog since then. The past two weeks I "fell of the wagon" so to speak, so I thought actually joining and talking with everyone will help me stay OP.
All of you are so inspirational, helpful and positive that I love reading this everyday. Hoping to stay motivated!
:welcome:

You are the Man!!! Way to go!!! I am so happy for you! :bravo:

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 01:54 PM
AMAZEBALLS!:carrot::carrot::carrot::D

Thanks and I love it I learned a new word today. AMAZEBALLS! :D

bttrhalf
06-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Hope everyone is having a great day! I took out some boneless pork country ribs (lots of meat, little fat), from my freezer but cannot use the recipes I would normally use for them. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sauce or marinade that would be 100% IP? I know I can parboil them to get rid of excess fat.but don't know where to go from there. Any ideas??

Hi cscape, try a dry rub of just seasonings and sea salt of course, then cook them on the BBQ or in the oven will work just fine and taste great, make sure to use seasonings with lots of flavor.:)

clinic scale:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but8/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 01:57 PM
You are the Man!!! Way to go!!! I am so happy for you! :bravo:

Thank you Darralyn! :hug:

staceyjblack
06-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks and I love it I learned a new word today. AMAZEBALLS! :D

hahah enjoy!

locopollo
06-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Great job, you guys!!!!

GemIAm
06-28-2012, 02:08 PM

It's going to be pretty hot where I am today! Water water water! I bought some flavored sparkling waters yesterday and plan to add a few splashes into my water bottle just for variety.

Phoenix: My breakfast is usually coffee with RTD Vanilla or Chocolate shake in it! Quick, easy & yummy :) Also, be careful with the "sparkling drinks"...my coach recommends anything carbonated be used sparingly...as a special treat, not daily. Mio is awesome for helping water seem less bland.

Wuv, i am so excited for you 7 the people who get to have you as a live, in person coach! Ever considered moving to the Pacific Northwest?! ;)

My taste buds have changes so much on this diet. I brought my coffee to work so I could make my drink with the vanilla drink mix after my WI, but I was hungry and drank the coffee black in the car on the way to work. It tasted so good. I would have NEVER drank black coffee before.

I never drank coffee black before either, but love it on IP! It is funny how tastes change - now when I get a "craving" it is usually for IP Salt & Vinegar Crisps, or LUNCHMEAT! I go to the local deli counter and buy 3 slices of peppered turkey breast!

I eat in restaurants I don't like and eat meals at home I don't want. I realize this has very little to do with my husband, and a whole lot to do with my "wanting to please". From today forward, I am going to do what's right for me. I told him that I'm no longer going grocery shopping with him, struggling through the aisles of candy, chips, cookies, crap, etc. etc. etc. He's on his own. Today I feel refreshed with new-found strength to reach my goal. These posts are going to help get me there. It's time to grow up and treat myself like I'm worth it! Thanks to all, and best wishes to all here. :):):):):):) 1 for every 5 lost!
Yaay GiGi! :cp: Sometimes giving ourselves "permission" to take care of OURSELVES is a huge challenge! Stick to it - shop the veggie & meat sections and take care of you! If your hubby really wants something different - he knows where the grocery store is!

Audrey - Stay positive! IP works! I "fell off the wagon" for 2 weeks and gained 2 lbs (first gain since starting in January). I got right back on plan and committed to STAYING on plan, and I lost 7.2 lbs at this week's weigh-in! I am SO close to under 200 lbs that I know it will be next week or the week after - since I will stay on plan. KayPix (I think) posted a great quote that I hung in my office above my computer: "Persistence and willpower pays off and the 'just this once' mentality will sabatoge you over and over again." Hang in there!

:woo:Congratulations & a very merry unbirthday to you!:woo:

Happy Thursday all!

Chloe222
06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi all,
haven't had a chance to read ll of today's posts, only read the first page so far but wanted to say hello!

Vet, noticed that you're down 107 lbs., incredible!!

Liz,
Read yesterday's posts from you, such VALUABLE information. Thank you so much for taking the time to share the detail with us!

ChubbyCherub
06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Can someone tell me if The Protein Store changed their web address again? TIA

chicagoboiler
06-28-2012, 02:46 PM

Congratulations...you are AMAZING!! You not only hit 100, you knocked it out of the park for so much more. You are an inspiration!! Keep up the wonderful work :-):congrat:

reneepw
06-28-2012, 02:49 PM

me too! I tried going there yesterday and today and got nothing but the name across the top!

reneepw
06-28-2012, 02:53 PM
So today was a huge day for me on my weight loss journey. I wanted to make it to 100 pounds lost by today. I made it to 107 pounds lost. It was a great moment for me. It took about ten min for it to hit me, and then I got emotional and cried. I had two wonderful hugs from Dr. Lake and my coach Emily. So I searched for a new fun photo and I found this. Then Dr. Lake gave me a ketosis stick to see what color it would be. The stick was bright purple, the same color as my shirt today. Dr. Lake said I was in deep ketosis.

Many of you know about the damage VT suffered following Hurricane Irene. Route 107 was hit very hard. Here are a few photos. Believe me when I tell you they do not even begin to show you how badly we were hit by Irene. While impressive the photos just do not paint the complete picture.

I am not done with my weight loss but these photos kind of hit me today. Loosing 100#’s was something I never thought I would be able to do. Well it’s freaking done and I have another 143 to go until I hit goal. The torn up roads and broken bridges made me think of my struggle and the struggle Vermonters went through following Irene. They are very different struggles but they are struggles. Re opening 107 was HUGE for VT. Losing 107 Pounds was HUGE for me.

Damn - you made me tear up! I'm soooo happy for you. You rock in so many ways - the weight loss is part of it, but your inspiration and kind words (and sense of humor!) are just what I need most days!
Keep up the great work!

ChubbyCherub
06-28-2012, 02:54 PM
me too! I tried going there yesterday and today and got nothing but the name across the top!

This is like the second time in two months they've done this. My clinic hasn't gotten a shipment in weeks because IP keeps pushing their order back, and I need food!!

jebaughman
06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
I checked old emails and found one from theproteinstore@att.net. You could try this. Let me know if it works because I need to order supplements.

ChubbyCherub
06-28-2012, 03:02 PM
I checked old emails and found one from theproteinstore@att.net. You could try this. Let me know if it works because I need to order supplements.

Thanks! Email sent. :carrot:

reneepw
06-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks! Email sent. :carrot:

that's the email I had as well from about a month ago. let us know what they say please!

yowzer
06-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi everybody. I am in my 2nd week of IP. Headed out of town for the week with the Family and am bringing my bag of IP goodies.

rvingprincess
06-28-2012, 03:15 PM
This is like the second time in two months they've done this. My clinic hasn't gotten a shipment in weeks because IP keeps pushing their order back, and I need food!!

You can always go someplace else that sells IP products, they will sell to you. I had to do this once before as my coach's office was closed for 4 days I needed shakes to get me throught, it was no problem.

I hope this helps.

Caren

Jobu
06-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Has anybody exercised and had more weight loss? I know we aren't supposed to but the weeks I did I had better results. What have your coaches advised about exercise?

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Vet, noticed that you're down 107 lbs., incredible!!

Liz,
Read yesterday's posts from you, such VALUABLE information. Thank you so much for taking the time to share the detail with us!

Thanks GemIAm. You're right Liz is a wealth of knowledge.

Congratulations...you are AMAZING!! You not only hit 100, you knocked it out of the park for so much more. You are an inspiration!! Keep up the wonderful work :-):congrat: You're sweet

Damn - you made me tear up! I'm soooo happy for you. You rock in so many ways - the weight loss is part of it, but your inspiration and kind words (and sense of humor!) are just what I need most days!
Keep up the great work! DOn't make me cry again ;)

Hi everybody. I am in my 2nd week of IP. Headed out of town for the week with the Family and am bringing my bag of IP goodies.

IP works well on the road. Good for you.

Beck81
06-28-2012, 03:31 PM

The incredible shrinking man, way to go! :carrot:

LizRR
06-28-2012, 03:34 PM

It's going to be pretty hot where I am today! Water water water! I bought some flavored sparkling waters yesterday and plan to add a few splashes into my water bottle just for variety. That's OK isn't it? The bottle claims zero everything: calories, carbs, sugars.

A lot of folks use their breakfast drinks in lieu of creamer, honestly the 1oz skim milk is kind of a joke - but really work on cutting out the half & half, especially if you don't really measure how much you put in - it can add more than you'd think and it really isn't IP approved. I use to add it with no regard and cringe when I look back at how much fat & calories I was adding to my day with no accountability.

And the sparkling waters can have 2 potential issues - some are flavored with aspartame, which IP suggests avoiding as the pancreas can react to it like sugar and increase insulin levels (and trigger cravings) and also most commercial selters use phosphoric acid in their carbonation process which increases acidity levels in the body, and another part of the IP protocol is keeping an alkaline balance to our foods & drinks. Some folks (myself included) make their own selter on occasion as the pure CO2 is a weaker acidity level - although you said you were just 'splashing' it in for mild flavor. You should check out some of the Splenda or Stevia based flavorings or a squeeze of lemon!

Good Morning Everybody

I was missing you sis!

IP quotes women lose 3-5lb/week and men lose 5-7lb/week 'average'. I've heard of some women losing less, but rarely more than that. We all lose at different rates depending mostly on our Resting Metabolic Rate which is set on our starting Lean Body Mass, existing medical conditions and menopause can also have an effect. You have had some stellar losses and should be very proud! You will usually see the biggest losses at the very beginning, not knowing your starting weight or how much you want to lose it's hard to get a gauge on what is so dissappointing on losing ~21lb in 5 weeks!

I remember the damage VT had with Irene - seeing the pictures of Killingtons base lodge wash away was awful - I've logged over 100 ski days there! I was there in January and could still see the damage that remained, but it is getting better. Congrats on 107!

mooselover
06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Re opening 107 was HUGE for VT. Losing 107 Pounds was HUGE for me.

Great loss, great story!!! Puts into perspective how every pound removed is an accomplishment to each and every one of us :carrot:

redmomof4
06-28-2012, 03:42 PM
WI #6 today down 3.8lbs and 0.25 inches. Its so interesting how sometimes you loose more lbs and sometimes more inches! Don't ya think? I'm not complaining. My next goal I set for my self is only 2lbs away!! Yippee! I hope to make that next week. I've been MIA off an on. I'm in summer school :( and its a full 4 credit class crammed into 7 weeks, very time consuming!! I'll catch up later, gonna go hang at the pool with my kiddos... tankini or bikini? hmmm....
Shawna

Momto2cs
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Has anybody exercised and had more weight loss? I know we aren't supposed to but the weeks I did I had better results. What have your coaches advised about exercise?

I exercised throughout my ip experience. If anything it slowed down losses. I tried upping the time and intensity of my work outs some weeks, and it never resulted in better losses.

I normall work out 1-2 hours a day, 6 days a week at bootcamp style workouts.

My coach is supportive of exercise for people who already exercise, and for others to start less intense exercise after the first few weeks. She in no was considers it required, but believes it helps for maintaining.

I agree, but wanted to maintain my fitness level. If my loss was a bit slow I am fine with that. At goal my bf% is 15. Worth the effort!

sangria12
06-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone! Great reading everyone's successes and the questions today were good too. They answered a lot of mine! Anyway, I have been 100% OP since my mess up this weekend and even substituted dinner with a packet last night. And today at my weigh-in I was down 3.5 pounds!! That means I am OFFICIALLY in the 160's!! YAY!!! I am so, so, so, so happy!! Bye bye 170's!!! Hope to NEVER see you again. :)

Jobu
06-28-2012, 04:06 PM
I exercised throughout my ip experience. If anything it slowed down losses. I tried upping the time and intensity of my work outs some weeks, and it never resulted in better losses.

I normall work out 1-2 hours a day, 6 days a week at bootcamp style workouts.

My coach is supportive of exercise for people who already exercise, and for others to start less intense exercise after the first few weeks. She in no was considers it required, but believes it helps for maintaining.

I agree, but wanted to maintain my fitness level. If my loss was a bit slow I am fine with that. At goal my bf% is 15. Worth the effort!

Thanks for the input! What was your average weekly loss while exercising?

reneepw
06-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone! Great reading everyone's successes and the questions today were good too. They answered a lot of mine! Anyway, I have been 100% OP since my mess up this weekend and even substituted dinner with a packet last night. And today at my weigh-in I was down 3.5 pounds!! That means I am OFFICIALLY in the 160's!! YAY!!! I am so, so, so, so happy!! Bye bye 170's!!! Hope to NEVER see you again. :)

Congrats! It's amazing how when those first 2 digits change we get sooo excited! :carrot:

reneepw
06-28-2012, 04:20 PM
WI #6 today down 3.8lbs and 0.25 inches. Its so interesting how sometimes you loose more lbs and sometimes more inches! Don't ya think? I'm not complaining. My next goal I set for my self is only 2lbs away!! Yippee! I hope to make that next week. I've been MIA off an on. I'm in summer school :( and its a full 4 credit class crammed into 7 weeks, very time consuming!! I'll catch up later, gonna go hang at the pool with my kiddos... tankini or bikini? hmmm....
Shawna

you go girl! I know what you mean about inches - even when i don't lose I still feel like my clothes fit differently.

reneepw
06-28-2012, 04:26 PM

My coach said to try and avoid heavy cardio, but once a week or so is OK. If it slows me down, that's ok because I want to tone as I go and frankly - mentally I just feel better when I'm working out. Since I do a kickboxing class, hitting that heavy bag is good for me - and everyone else around me..lol. Hit the bag not the person when you are stressed! I have been avoiding it for awhile, but I'm 2 months in; have been walking more regularly and feel like I'm ready to take on the cardio slowly. (2x's a week for now) I'm just taking it week by week and will monitor the weight loss. I've been losing slowly anyway - so i don't know that it will really affect me that much.

good luck!

SoSo
06-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Hello everyone, just wanted to share my WI results today 3 lbs ! for a total of 30 lbs and over 26 inches in 8 1/2 weeks ! Geaux me !!! So LOVE this diet.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/cartooncat01/lb/217/160/187/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Tigerlvr52
06-28-2012, 04:31 PM

You are a total rock star:celebrate:

evepet
06-28-2012, 04:34 PM

WOO-HOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:celebrate:

Tigerlvr52
06-28-2012, 04:35 PM

Thanks!

I really think that any loss is better than none. But each individual will loose at different rates. I have an 8.75lb average for my first 4 weeks. But I started high, and my coach says I am like a man with muscle mass. (nothing better than hearing that as a woman) But this week has been much slower and not as encouraging. Stay Strong.

chremme
06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Hey guys -
I'm in my first week and have already had really amazing surprises on the scale, but feel weird without doing my normal exercise routines. How long until I can begin exercising again? Have any of you continued exercised through phase 1? What were the results?
Thanks all. xo.
:carrot:

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
The incredible shrinking man, way to go! :carrot: Thank you Beck

I remember the damage VT had with Irene - seeing the pictures of Killingtons base lodge wash away was awful - I've logged over 100 ski days there! I was there in January and could still see the damage that remained, but it is getting better. Congrats on 107! It was amazing. August 28th, our little town was flooded badly. We lost the use of our PD and town offices. We just moved for the second time, we now have a 3 year lease so this feels better. We worked out of a trailer for a week or so, then the summer recreation building but the kiddies needed that back!

Great loss, great story!!! Puts into perspective how every pound removed is an accomplishment to each and every one of us :carrot: Very true.

You are a total rock star:celebrate:
Thanks Tiger. You're making me blush.

WOO-HOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:celebrate:
Thanks Eve.
Hey guys -
I'm in my first week and have already had really amazing surprises on the scale, but feel weird without doing my normal exercise routines. How long until I can begin exercising again? Have any of you continued exercised through phase 1? What were the results?
Thanks all. xo.
:carrot:
chremme, you can exercise but should have an extra packet before you exercise. My coach suggested it was a good time to have my daily restricted because the extra carbs would help. I think some folks split a packet and have half before and half after exercise.

shathom
06-28-2012, 04:56 PM

You rock! You are indeed an inspiration however, you are making me hate that we have the same WI day :D

Hello everyone, just wanted to share my WI results today 3 lbs ! for a total of 30 lbs and over 26 inches in 8 1/2 weeks ! Geaux me !!! So LOVE this diet.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/cartooncat01/lb/217/160/187/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

You are doing fantastic :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Darralyn, you are the kindest person, thanks for all of your encouragement my friend :hug:

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Please check out this amazing woman and fellow 3fc members video and vote for her!:bravo::cp:

157 lbs GONE! Lost HALF My Body Weight! (Before & After Pics & Video)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/261347-157-lbs-gone-lost-half-my-body-weight-before-after-pics-video.html

Porthardygurl
06-28-2012, 05:00 PM
UMSCVET-CONGRATS on the weight loss buddy...You are doing amazing!!! I just about cried reading what you posted today..It is an emotional journey and you have every reason to cry over it!!! BTW...if you were single im sure all the ladies on here would be after you in a heart beat!!!

CADU- Have missed yer lovely face and posts...glad to see you back...i know what you mean about getting addicted to being on here..lol...

Stacy- I agree you look beautiful in your picture! You remind me of an old friend i used to know..you look just like her!

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 05:00 PM
You rock! You are indeed an inspiration however, you are making me hate that we have the same WI day :D

You are doing fantastic :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Darralyn, you are the kindest person, thanks for all of your encouragement my friend :hug:

50# is just around the corner for you!

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 05:02 PM
One of my co workers weighs 107#'s, she actually made a sour face this morning when I smiled and asked how much she weighed, thinking it was 107. She pouted, 109 and I am so pissed. I smiled back and told her I'd hit 107 lost.

Porthardygurl
06-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone...

Well....TOM showed up at my house for a visit today.. It was an un-expected suprise considering it followed with NO cramping whatsoever...and in fact..i didnt really have any cravings either....I guess i lucked out! Im just glad its here so it can be gone sooner...BAHAHAHAH (insert evil face)

Well..ive had a couple NSVs...-my rings are looser on my fingers....yay!!! and im losing my face fat and back fat!! yay!! and for the first time ever...when i look down i actually see my boobs sticking out over my stomach versus my stomach sticking further out than my boobs!!! YAY!!!

Im happy that i havent looked at my scale for almost a month..Hubby does though and says ive been averaging about 4 pounds a week...I will post my monthly weight loss when im done this week..cause at the end of this week..i will be 4 weeks in officially..which is the LONGEST ive ever made it OP on IP before..and you know what??? It really is easy..just gotta get past that one week....and its like...simple..I wish i had known that all the other times..but i know now!! So woot woot!!!

haddy4
06-28-2012, 05:10 PM

Thanks!

Hi ..i started april 9 and had 2 weeks big loses also and now im losing about 2 pounds a week ..sometimes i get frustrated but it so is worth it ..i get excited about the inches also..Ive now lost 66 pounds and like to say slow and steady wins the race :carrot:

jmuroff1
06-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Can we drink any sort of tea? I want to buy this tea since it's so yummy! This is my favorite tea store lol

http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/mate-teas/p/raspberry-riot-lemon-mate-tea

reneepw
06-28-2012, 05:30 PM
[quote=Porthardygurl;4387275]UMSCVET-CONGRATS on the weight loss buddy...You are doing amazing!!! I just about cried reading what you posted today..It is an emotional journey and you have every reason to cry over it!!! BTW...if you were single im sure all the ladies on here would be after you in a heart beat!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Vet you better watch out or all the women will be speeding through your town hoping to get caught :)
;)

reneepw
06-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Can we drink any sort of tea? I want to buy this tea since it's so yummy! This is my favorite tea store lol

http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/mate-teas/p/raspberry-riot-lemon-mate-tea

I love teavana! Not sure about this tea though - it has fruit in it. I don't know enough about how it would affect the carb count from steeping it..

Darralyn
06-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi All
Not a great WI today only down a little over 1 lb. Last week was really great at 4 lbs but I guess you take the highs and the lows. At least I am down a lb.
Keeping it OP and so I am not worried. Hope you all have a great rest of your Thursday!!

jmuroff1
06-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I love teavana too :-D Then I can get the Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls green tea

I love teavana! Not sure about this tea though - it has fruit in it. I don't enough about how it would affect the carb count from steeping it..

DanafromAustin
06-28-2012, 05:49 PM
My coach let me workout from week 3 on. They only thing she advised me of is keeping the cardio on the light side. I now lift weights every other day and on my off days I usually go for a walk or swim since it's getting so hot outside. I don't notice a difference one way or the other on the scale though.

Please check out this amazing woman and fellow 3fc members video and vote for her!:bravo::cp:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/261347-157-lbs-gone-lost-half-my-body-weight-before-after-pics-video.html
What a great story and a beautiful woman, and I love how she turned her life around in so many ways. She gets my vote for sure.

Momto2cs
06-28-2012, 06:15 PM
I lost an average of about 3 pounds a week, it took me about 10 weeks to lose the first 30 pounds. I had big losses the first 3 weeks and then much slower losses for the remaining 7. I eventually settled out at around 145...

I have tried a few times to get lower, but even with full on phase 1 this seems to be my final weight. I do have lots of muscle...

WingnutandMe
06-28-2012, 06:56 PM

Whahoo!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you made that goal before July. Getting closer to Disney.

I know I am a little late as it's dinner time on the east coast, but here are my favorite Pork recipes for the next time.

Slow Cooker Spicy Pork Chops
4 lean chops
1/2 cup chicken broth
Chili sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
Chopped garlic
Directions:
Place all ingredients in slow cooker, cook on low for 5 hours. For non-dieters sauce can be used on rice.

Pantry Pork Chops -(Phases 1-4)
Marinade
1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 pork rib chops, about 1 1/4 inch thick each
Directions:
Marinade: in a medium bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the chops in a large plastic bag (Ziploc) and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the chops from the bag and discard the marinade. Allow to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Sear the chops over direct high heat for 6 minutes, turning once halfway through searing time. Continue grilling over indirect medium heat until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

(Indirect barbeque cooking: the indirect method is similar to roasting, but with the added benefits of that grilled texture, flavor, and appearance that you can't get from an oven. Heat rises, reflects off the lid and inside surfaces of the grill, and slowly cooks the food evenly on all sides. The circulating heat works much like a convection oven, so there's no need to turn the food. Use the indirect method for foods that require 25 minutes or more of grilling time. Examples include roasts, ribs, whole chickens, turkeys, and other large cuts of meat, as well as delicate fish fillets. To grill by the indirect method on a gas grill, preheat the grill with all burners on high. Then adjust the burners on each side of the food to the temperature noted in the recipe and turn off the burner(s) directly below the food. For best results, place roasts, poultry, or large cuts of meat on a roasting rack set inside a disposable heavy-gauge foil pan. For longer cooking times, add water to the foil pan to keep drippings from burning.)

Southwest Pork chops
2 Porkchops
1 egg
spices
1 half bag of IP southwest cheese curls
1 Large Ziploc bag
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix the egg in a bowl
Coat pork chops in egg mixture
put half bag of cheese curls into the Ziploc and crush/pound until fine
Add various spices (I put cayenne, garlic, salt, and pepper)
Add the pork chops and shake until coated
Put pork chops on a baking sheet lined with foil/ olive oil
If there are any remnants of the cheese curls in the bag, add them to the tops of the pork chops and press the mixture on.
Bake for 1 hour and enjoy!

Pigs in a Blanket: For All Stages of the Ideal Diet Protocol
Slice 1 piece of pork or steak into 1″ strips and fry with mushrooms and peppers (strips). Mix one
packet of Ideal Protein Plain Crepe in a blender with garlic, sea salt, pepper and fresh dill. Pour in ice cream scoop size on a pan (makes 5-6) and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
Using a spatula flip each piece, place strip of meat, mushrooms, and peppers in the middle and fold
in sides. Hold with a toothpick and place back in oven for 5 minutes. Add other veggies if you wish.

Juicy Chipotle Roasted Pork Tenderloin
1 pork tenderloin (1 - 1 1/2 pounds)
Chipotle Rub by Pampered Chef*** (some other rub options are at the bottom of the page, if you don't have this)
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Sprinkle rub on outside of Pork Tenderloin until coated
3) Heat olive oil in pan over med-high heat. (preferred is a cast iron pan, or any pan that can go from stovetop to oven).
4) When pan is hot place pork tenderloin in pan, searing on all sides. Searing is important here - it seals the juices into the meat, so don't skip this step! To sear, turn the meat after about 1-2 minutes on the heat. Keep rotating until all sides have been seared.
5) Transfer the pan into the preheated oven (if you don't have a pan that can go from stove to oven, transfer into an oven-suitable pan).
6) bake for 20 minutes.
7) Remove from oven, slice and enjoy.

MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN
Marinade:
¼ c. plus 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. Stevia (or Splenda)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
½ tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 pork tenderloin
Directions:
In a medium bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the tenderloin in a large plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl and refrigerate overnight. Remove tenderloin from the bag and discard the marinade. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and bake in a slow oven for approximately 5-6 hours until a meat thermometer reads 155 – 160 degrees.

__________________________________________________ _____

We're about to leave for the first part of our drive to Michigan. I'm looking forward to my on-the-road Subway salad in a bit. I think I'm all organized though DH almost for got to pack my food.

Will be checking in along the way.

Molly

LizRR
06-28-2012, 07:02 PM
I lost an average of about 3 pounds a week, it took me about 10 weeks to lose the first 30 pounds. I had big losses the first 3 weeks and then much slower losses for the remaining 7. I eventually settled out at around 145...

I have tried a few times to get lower, but even with full on phase 1 this seems to be my final weight. I do have lots of muscle...

You are seriously at an Elite level Momto2cs. I see your avatar and always think "Ironwoman is here!" (black sabbath playing in the background)...

patns
06-28-2012, 07:48 PM

I put in shopforprotein.com and it seems to be the same as always. I didn't try to order anything though.
Pat

evepet
06-28-2012, 08:00 PM
I put in shopforprotein.com and it seems to be the same as always. I didn't try to oreder anything though.
Pat

Yes - just worked for me too.

aimeed3
06-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Did I just overdo dinner??? I kinda panicked BC the meat I took out was still frozen and it's time for me to get groceries. Please tell me what you think.

I had 6 oz of seasoned steak strips (pre packaged kind), and about 1 cup of pepper stirfry which had onions :( sautéed all of that in a little bit of olive oil, then I had a boiled egg.

This is day 3 for me and I just learned a lesson that I need to be more prepared.

usmcvet
06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
UMSCVET-CONGRATS on the weight loss buddy...You are doing amazing!!! I just about cried reading what you posted today..It is an emotional journey and you have every reason to cry over it!!! BTW...if you were single im sure all the ladies on here would be after you in a heart beat!!! now I'm blushing again. :hug:

Hi ..i started april 9 and had 2 weeks big loses also and now im losing about 2 pounds a week ..sometimes i get frustrated but it so is worth it ..i get excited about the inches also..Ive now lost 66 pounds and like to say slow and steady wins the race :carrot: 66#'S is Awesome!

http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/mate-teas/p/raspberry-riot-lemon-mate-tea if it is 0/0/0 it is free. Zero Carbs/Sugar/Fat=free

[quote=Porthardygurl;4387275]UMSCVET-CONGRATS on the weight loss buddy...You are doing amazing!!! I just about cried reading what you posted today..It is an emotional journey and you have every reason to cry over it!!! BTW...if you were single im sure all the ladies on here would be after you in a heart beat!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Vet you better watch out or all the women will be speeding through your town hoping to get caught :)
;) :devil:Flirts

Hi All
Not a great WI today only down a little over 1 lb. Last week was really great at 4 lbs but I guess you take the highs and the lows. At least I am down a lb.
Keeping it OP and so I am not worried. Hope you all have a great rest of your Thursday!! hey pick up the nasty looking 1# rubber fat display and be glad it's gone. :carrot:

What a great story and a beautiful woman, and I love how she turned her life around in so many ways. She gets my vote for sure.. I was impressed.

Whahoo!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you made that goal before July. Getting closer to Disney.
__________________________________________________ _

We're about to leave for the first part of our drive to Michigan. I'm looking forward to my on-the-road Subway salad in a bit. I think I'm all organized though DH almost for got to pack my food.

Molly

Thanks Molly! Disney! Seems like I can't actually make it sooner than I thought!

NewPath
06-28-2012, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=usmcvet;4386626]Good morning. I have mynWI today and want to do it NOW! Not sure ow manynweeksnim at. 13/14? Gotta pull out the calendar. Have a great day everyone.[/QUOTE
Good luck at your weighin.......skinny!
Hey, I just noticed your VT107. My family has a place up in Vergennes, right on the lake......I will be vacationing there in August. Are you anywhere near there....? It is truly God's country up there.

reneepw
06-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes - just worked for me too.

now its working for me too...

Chloe222
06-28-2012, 08:51 PM

I know I am a little late as it's dinner time on the east coast, but here are my favorite Pork recipes for the next time.

Molly
Thank you for the recipes and drive safely!

jebaughman
06-28-2012, 08:52 PM
I got an email from Daisy at the protein store and they are movng their website to a Linux based server, hence they were down, but are back up again. You can send in your orders.

Beck81
06-28-2012, 09:00 PM

My coach said after 3 weeks. I have been walking 2 to 2.5 miles a day, 20 min miles. Last week I log 15 miles and lost 5 lbs and almost 5 inches and I feel great walking. My total is 40 lbs in 9 weeks.

ChubbyCherub
06-28-2012, 09:06 PM
I got an email from Daisy at the protein store and they are movng their website to a Linux based server, hence they were down, but are back up again. You can send in your orders.

Yahoo! :hug:

dizzyjean
06-28-2012, 09:26 PM
One of my co workers weighs 107#'s, she actually made a sour face this morning when I smiled and asked how much she weighed, thinking it was 107. She pouted, 109 and I am so pissed. I smiled back and told her I'd hit 107 lost.

Keep smiling cause you are rockin this loser thing!

dizzyjean
06-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Hi All
Keeping it OP and so I am not worried. Hope you all have a great rest of your Thursday!!

I understand about the highs and lows, but you are still moving in the right direction! You are doing great, and i enjoy your posts!

mompattie
06-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey everyone!! Awesome success today!!! Congrats to everyone who saw that scale move in any amount GONE FOREVER!!! Progress not perfection is awesome!!!

Having a nice sunny evening here in Saskatchewan!! We survived a "prairie tsunami" (as I've been calling it) this week!! We had what I would call a hurricane - strong winds, heavy rain, hail, tornados....it was scary!!! We lost part of our roof, it's patched up for now. Good thing for builders insurance, you should not have this problem with a new house! Ah well, we survived but WOW I have never seen that kind of storm in my life in Sask!!

I have been doing great, tried miracle angel hair noodles tonight with a homemade tomato sauce (with extra lean ground beef added)' and it was delish!!! Tasted like spaghetti and meat sauce!! I hate making 2 meals as I made the family regular spaghetti and meat sauce, but it was yummy, and they are quite frankly, sick of eating chicken breasts and pork loin. Lol!!!

Great to see you Cadu!! Anyone seen sewmam?

jebaughman
06-28-2012, 10:04 PM
I just got an Actifry on Ebay for $78. It should arrive next week, so will try it out. Sounds exciting.

bttrhalf
06-28-2012, 10:04 PM
just got back from the first weigh in down a whole 6lbs :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
and lost 7.75" over all:carrot::carrot::carrot:
boy can't beleive i lost all of that and it was pretty easy.
tonight for dinner i made the Big Mac in a Bowl, but i used the WF Bacon Ranch dressing instead of the thousand island turned out great and i put it on spinich instead of lettuce.:cb::cp::dance::dance::dance:

clinic:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/weather01/lb/197.8/145/191.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

WI#1-6lbs

Hgamroth
06-28-2012, 10:13 PM
I have gone over in my veggies yesterday and today. Munchies like crazy! How bad does it affect your weigh-ins when going over on veggies?

Holly

Hgamroth
06-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Someone posted a couple of days ago about a wild berry yogurt drink in the mornings. I can't remember what was added to it and I can't find the recipe!!! Please help! It sounded very yummy and I want to try. :)

katpri
06-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Hi I just signed up, I have been on the Ideal Protein program since the middle of March and I am .2 ounces away from a 30 pound loss:carrot::carrot:
My two little ones are now on summer vacation and I am spending a week at my mothers, leaving tomorrow, I know this will be the toughest week for me, she is an awesome cook and knows what my comfort foods are, I guess the main reason I joined was to get the support from the group, I have been reading the board since I first started IP and have recieved some valuable information from this board, wish me luck, not sure if I posted this in the proper thread:)

reneepw
06-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Someone posted a couple of days ago about a wild berry yogurt drink in the mornings. I can't remember what was added to it and I can't find the recipe!!! Please help! It sounded very yummy and I want to try. :)
I add spinach to mine..delish.

chicagoboiler
06-28-2012, 10:37 PM

I remember they put Watermelon Mio in.

swimcoachmomma
06-28-2012, 10:44 PM
NSV today. Two different colleagues at two different times did not recognize me. One of them asked another gal who I was and the other recognized my voice when I spoke. Yippee. Completing day two of reboot. So far so good. Still need to get in a shake but will do it a bit later.

Congrats on all the great SVs and NSVs.

willsmashfat
06-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Vet - WTG on breaking thru the 100lb mark! We were all rooting for you and are so proud of you! Experiencing the emotions is what will help you keep the weight off as you wan't want to go back to how you were.

One more day of work and then we have a long weekend here in Canada - good times to come (OP ones, of course)!

kmstacy
06-28-2012, 11:02 PM
WI #5 -4lbs !!!! for a total of -23.4 lost in 5 weeks..I so love IP and this forum you guys are so inspirational and helpful..thank you guys so much

Up North Girl
06-28-2012, 11:07 PM
I had a receipt from them and I was going to give you a phone number, but there is not one listed. You can contact by email at: sales@shopforprotein.com. I think Daisy will respond to you promptly. I have been using them off and on for additional products and supplements. I know they have been having website problems and changed from the proteinstore.com to shopforprotein.com within the last month or so. Good luck in finding the products you need.
Another hot day in South TX. At least it is not as hot here on the Gulf as it is inland. They set new high temp records Mon and Tuesday in Harlingen and Brownsville.
I have Physical therapy today so will get my exercise in. Plan for another day 100% on plan.
Good luck to aoo on their WIs today. Stay strong everyone over the holiday.:):cool:
Thanks so much for the email address. I will keep it for future reference, as the site often goes down. Btw, the site is back up tonight.

Hgamroth
06-28-2012, 11:09 PM
I add spinach to mine..delish.

I remember they put Watermelon Mio in.

Thank you!!!

Meadow Wheeler
06-28-2012, 11:14 PM

That is awesome! You are rocking IP! I am so very proud of you usmcvet! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Meadow Wheeler
06-28-2012, 11:20 PM

Thanks!

Hi I am averaging almost 3 lbs...for a while my average was 3.5 but it has dropped because of TOM issues. Hormones really play a factor in our loss so we just don't see the results the guys do. It is typical for my husband to have a -7 lb weigh in. Me...today I lost 1.6 lb but 2 3/4". Last week it was 1.8 lb. I am hopeful I will see another -4 lb loss soon and that will bring my average back up. BUT...don't be discouraged by a 1 lb loss...1 lb is a lot...it is movement in the right direction and you won't achieve those results with any other diet. To gain a perspective on what 1 lb of fat looks like...use google images it is about the size of a big coffee mug.

Tree bee
06-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Hi. I am on the fourth day on IP. Other than being really grouchy the first day (I didn't even want to be around me) it hasn't been to bad. I couldnt resist the scale this morning and was very surprised to see it read 5ponds less than Monday morning. And today is my birthday so that was a great way to start my day.

mtnsun4
06-28-2012, 11:47 PM
I had to post! You have the same name and spelling of my daughters name, Keira. So cool to see someone else with the same name/spelling!

Holy cow!! Great job!
Nothing much to report on my end.....a very long work day of writing grants, and a bunch of employee drama. Oh, and our state is still on fire- so sad to see so many evacuating, so many homes lost, so many FIRES! It makes me sick to my stomach.....so hoping that we can get some more rain soon but apparently, it will be in the 90's the next week or so.

Doing well OP! I have been feeling great! Hoping for a good WI next week. :)

IPdivajen
06-28-2012, 11:51 PM
VET! What an amazing accomplishment! I hope you are taking in all these wonderful comments and really reveling in your hard work. You deserve it!

Congrats again!!!!!

locopollo
06-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Happy birthday, TreeBee!

mtnsun4
06-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Happy birthday, TreeBee!

Hey Denver neighbor! I was hoping to respond to your post last night- I am up north in Frederick. :)

LizRR
06-29-2012, 12:36 AM

I just tried one this afternoon with wb yogurt, 1 cup frozen rhubarb, water, ice, and some WF strawberry spread blended together and it was great! I had gotten a few packets from the clinic swap basket to try out and think I will be ordering it this week. Need to look up some recipe ideas!

I have gone over in my veggies yesterday and today. Munchies like crazy! How bad does it affect your weigh-ins when going over on veggies?

It can depend on the person & the veggie, since some are 'carbier' than others, but honestly, I wouldn't sweat it too much. In a binge pinch I think a veggie overload is a great choice, just log it so you can keep track. I've been known to add a zucchini to my allowance in a TOM food rage.

Hi I just signed up, I have been on the Ideal Protein program since the middle of March and I am .2 ounces away from a 30 pound loss:carrot::carrot:
My two little ones are now on summer vacation and I am spending a week at my mothers, leaving tomorrow, I know this will be the toughest week for me, she is an awesome cook and knows what my comfort foods are, I guess the main reason I joined was to get the support from the group, I have been reading the board since I first started IP and have recieved some valuable information from this board, wish me luck, not sure if I posted this in the proper thread:)

I TOTALLY hear you on the trouble going home! Does your mom know you are on IP? Maybe let her know and explain the protocol so she doesn't try to 'comfort' you through food (my mom is a feeder). Just do your best to be prepared, come stocked with your packets, veggies, willpower, and a plan! Congratulations on the 30lb loss!

Tree bee
06-29-2012, 02:13 AM
Thanks!