Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 01:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Default How do I get a smaller nose?

I know, what's with this girl and her nonstop questions, right?

Everyday I find little imperfections about myself that bugs the **** out of me. I'm not aiming to be perfect; I just want to be satisfied.

I hear that your nose can be altered without surgery because it's made up of cartilage which mainly consists of water. I will never get surgery because I'm not annoyed to that extent yet. I just worry that as I lose weight, my nose will stick out like a sore thumb. I don't want to alter it completly, maybe just slim it down a little?

Are there any kind of products that helps slim the nose? Also, I have like a few red lines on my nose.. No clue what they are!! How do I get rid of them?? Ugh, why do we have noses? They're so darn ugly!!

Thought it was worth asking. You ladies seem like you're full of resources, LOL.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I would just stop nitpicking. We all age, bodies change.

I friend of mine was horrified with her nose as teen, and she had a nose job later in the 20s and seemed to be much happier.

But honestly? I didn't think it was that much different. But everyone is different so I guess it meant something to her. I dunno. I didn't say anything about it other than "I'm glad you feel happier with it now."

Since I don't know you or see you -- I'd seek opinion of your doctor or IRL people.

A.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I agree that you need to find a way to come to terms with what you have, and then you can start loving your features. If you are a little self conscious about your nose, you could always try playing up other features such as eyes or lips.

Sometimes though, you need to exhaust a few tries to 'correct' things, I found this anyway. I have quite hooded, slanty eyes which I've always hated-I wanted big double eyelids and I always felt bad I couldn't wear eyeshadow properly. I tried all kinds of things like eyelid tape, glue, strongly considered surgery and various other things.
These days I am now happy with my eyes, I invested in some good eye shadows which work for me and started realizing that I wanted to change them because they're not what you tend to see in the media.

I think you should really think about why you want to change it, I can't imagine how boring the world would be if we all had uniform features.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

I also think you need to not nit pick. But if you are a make up wearer, you can certainly contour your nose using it. Highlight the front, use a darker shade on the side, stuff like that. There are tutorials on youtube for it under the search "nose contouring tutorial".

Last edited by Daki; 06-28-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #5  

lol prob doesn't work
but seriously, I've always hated my nose too. I'm not against a nose job or pretty much any job if you really hate a facial feature, as long as it doesn't get addictive. While im not happy I no longer hate my nose so I won't get it done, but if you hated it for years and years, I think that the only thing that can be done to modify it is a rhinoplasty.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #6  
Jez

I had a nosejob a year and a half ago. I'm glad I did. I notice with the weight I've gained in the past 6 months that it looks a bit fuller. So, it may slim a bit as you lose.

Last edited by Jez; 07-02-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

I got my dads wide, big, uneven nose. I certainly don't like it, as mush as I love my dad I wish he'd kept it, lol! I don't ever plan on surgery though. I did try nose contouring for the first time last week. I don't have the right shades of makeup for it, so I just used eyeshadow - too shimmery - I wiped it off but I could Definately tell if I had the right shades of powder it would make a huge difference. shadow play REALLY helps slim things down ! you should give it a shot, super easy. I plan on trying it again with a real powder soon.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

My nose got smaller as I lost weight. Of course, that was after 125 pounds lost, so that's an entirely different situation...
Old 07-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

As someone who had a septal defect corrected, I will tell you that there are too many nerve endings in that area to want to let anyone do alterations without being anesthetized. So I would take the recommendations of ppl here with nose contouring first. The lines are likely spider veins, and can be covered with concealer. But if it is something that will only be remdied by getting surgery, then get a consult. But be careful. Once you change it, you can't undo it. Think Michael Jackson. Make sure it is really your nose that is bothering you, and not just a general unhappiness with yourself. It is easy to scale down our displeasure with ourselves to one feature in order to find a way to "fix" what's bothering us. I know I focused on my chin for awhile, and now I realize it's not an issue.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/187/160

Height: 5'7

I agree with Daki with the concealer trick. Try playing around with makeup before taking the plunge and getting surgery. There are tons of video tutorials on youtube about contouring the nose.

I've always had issues with mine (I have a wide flat nose) growing up and always wanted a smaller bridge and the nostrils taken in a bit. After losing weight I noticed it wasn't my nose that I couldn't stand it was my fat chipmunk cheeks.
Closed Thread