Medifast - exploding sloppy joe?

View Full Version : exploding sloppy joe?

eightiesbabe84
06-27-2012, 09:54 PM
:carrot:So I got my first Medifast shipment today, of course after work I am starved so I try one of the bars (not horrible, not great) and then I decide I am going to have the vegitarian sloppy joe for dinner.

The directions say to put the contents of the packet with half cup of water in a deep microwave safe container and heat for two minutes, stir, then heat for two additional minutes.

LOL okay, So after one minute I hear this CRACK!! noise and take a look. That little bit of mix and water covered the inside of my microwave and the cup (a white one) was covered with dry red food. :p

Funny thing though; what was left tasted pretty good hahaha.

So my question to the Medifast veterens out there is this: Is there any reason I couldn't just add boiling water out of my tea kettle to this stuff and let it set til cool enough to eat?? Thanks. :?:

Riddy
06-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi eightiesbabe!

My personal opinion is that the Medifast directions are CRAP when it comes to hot foods. I always mix them with hot tap water, then nuke for just 1 minute, stir, then heat another 30 seconds if it's not hot enough.

Also, stuff is much less likely to boil over if you mix it up in advance. Even 1/2 hour will help - a few hours is best.

Read through these threads - there's lots of tips and tricks.

Good luck!

ShetlandSheepdogLove
06-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Yeah, those things happen if you don't keep an eye on it when watching them. For the record, I have never done Medifast, but whenever I use the microwave, I never leave food in there for the time specified or the time that I think it may be done at. I always check on it after a few minutes, 30 sec, etc just to see what's happened. I'm not saying you weren't watching it, but it's always nice to take precaution! :P