Old 06-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182.1/ticker/130

Height: 5'6''

Default Looking for weight loss support-12 wk challenge??

Hello everyone
Im new to 3fc and joined because I need support (mainly accountability) for losing weight. I want to start a 12 wk challenge starting on July 1st. Who wants to join????? My starting weight is 179 and would like to get to 155 by the 12th wk. my main barrier for losing weight is motivation to exercise and consistently eating healthy (I looove food!!!!). I am positive that accountability will help...anyone done one of these challenges before? Any tips for success?
Colliea21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/233.5/147

Height: 5'5

Hey im new too (created an account a few years ago but didnt really use it!) I'd love to join your 12 week challenge! my best friend is getting married in december and im bridesmade (Almost said no because of my weight!) The dresses arrive in october so 12 weeks gives me a decent amount of time to drop a couple of sizes! I currently weight 231 (a fair bit more than your start weight lol) and I would love to get to 199 in 12 weeks (an average of 2 1/2 lbs per week). I would say the main way i stay motivted is always focusing on the next 7lbs it seems so much more attainable than looking at your overall goal and pictures take lots of pictures the bad ones will motivate you to get up and do it and the progress ones will let you see how far you've come and make you keep going! why dont we weigh in here? every week from the week beginning the 1st of july? I weight in on a wednesday so ill post my weight loss here every wednesday....Are you following any particular diet? or just counting calories?
Kerry x
kjones90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #3  

Hey Kerry! I am glad you can join!! I will post my weight every Wednesday as well. As of today I am not following any particular diet but I am considering joining Weight Watchers at work...for now I will just be counting calories, ideally I'll stick to 1200-1300. My biggest hurdle is being active!!! I find it really hard with work but I guess some sacrifices have to be made!
I hear you about initially thinking of saying no to weddings...ive actually NOT gone to weddings and avoid meeting with friends that haven't seen me in a while because of my weight. My main motivation now is that I will be going back home for vacation in December and will be seeing a lot of my old friends and want to look fabulous!
I am starting with this 12 wk challenge as it seems a more attainable, short term goal!! I am hoping we can share diet tips and exercise regimens!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #4  

yeah same rough calories as me according to my plan (Scottish slimmers) ive to eat 1350 cals per day ive noticed the last couple of weeks like half my calorie intake is coming from empty calories (crisps, chocolate, dressings etc) so thats one my my mini July goals cut down on emoty calories and the other 2 are exercise at least 4 times a week and drop 10lbs in July! im going to try and set myself 3 small goals every 4 weeks! Its good both our long term goals are for December keep us on track!! its hard for me to exercise to! I work in a bar most nights so its hard to find the time but really i suppose its an excuse really! Bought my first set of dumbells today an exercise mat for some at home and outside stuff, Is the any particular exercise you like? x
Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #5  

Ohhh P.s! I've joined an other challenge its pretty cool its all explained on the thread its the sexy for halloween challenge check it out x
Old 06-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #6  
doing it this time

S/C/G: 340/310/180

Height: 5'7

i think i might want to join this challenge, i am quite a deal heavier than you two ladies but it will be nice to come and talk and sharehow its all going. my boyfriend has been eating better and running with me but hes in great shape so he doesnt really know how it feels to NEED to do it. so my goal is to be below 300 in 12 weeks. im not really on a food plan just been journaling what i eat and trying to cut back on the greasy foods. i work at night so its hard for me to eat all the meals that people suggest, oh well thats just an excuse. im sure ill figure out a way to do it. good luck ladies
b rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #7  

Yeah I'm
In the same position, I work at night so it's always easier just to grab something on the go! I've just been buying like ready made salad for work and maybe cold meat or some tinned tuna! I no how you feel on the boyfriend front he's decided to eat healthy with me and has took up the gym but he's 6ft 3 and thin! So it's appreciated but he doesn't NEED to he just wants to add muscle! Well we're both going to weigh in on a Wednesday so why don't you post your weight on a Wednesday to, and hopefully wee all reach our goals good luck
Old 06-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #8  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

A 12 week challenge is great for me right now. I'd like to join. Today I weighed in at 172.5. I will post my weight on July 1st. Do we check in often? Is there a specific weigh in date each week?
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #9  

Hey! I think aslong as you post on the same day every week! Although I think most of us are weighing in on a Wednesday (I have to cause that's when my class is) I'm going to make a 12 week sub ticker keep me going x
Old 06-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Hey, I know it's a bit late, but I'd love to join the challenge as well. I've just joined the forum and was looking for something to really give me a kick to start my exercising. I'm not too sure how this works though. Do we just post our current and goal weight (by the end of 12 weeks), our weight on 1st July, and then every week after that?
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

Hello ladies, I really struggle with being consistent cuz I love food too much not to have a cheat day which lasts a few days By the end. In 12weeks my goal is to be down 8 lbs and stay there! Just to confirm i will weigh in on Wednesday too to make it easier : ) I am really looking forward to have some accountability that isn't my husband...he's great but not the same as ladies!
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #12  

Yeah that's how it's works just post your weight every week from the week starting the 1st July on your chosen day although I think most of us are weighing in on Wednesday's ) list your starting weight and your goal for the end of the 12 weeks aswell it's all about accountability and support Ive made a ticker for the 12 week challenge aswell just so I can moniter my progress and make sure I'm nearing my goal! I don't mind making a chart at the end of every week once everyone's weighed in so we can pull together the results and see how we're all getting on if everyone's ok with that? X
Old 06-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #13  

Hello Everyone!! Sorry I haven't been able to reply, I've been traveling for work (another excuse as to why I don't exercise..sigh). Anyways, I am SUPER excited that there are some of us into this. I will weigh myself and post every Wednesday and see how we track...right now I am into cardio only, when I get to the gym I do the elliptical and nothing else (at least for now) and I also have the Slim in 6 videos and they are awesome!!
Kerry , it will be great if you can make a chart! Great way to keep us on track! We can share diet tips, exercise tips, and most importantly...give each other support when we slightly deviate from our plan
Who else is as excited as I am????!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #14  

Meeee!! I'm excited! Haha I definetly think the accountability factor is soooo useful when trying to lose weight and definetly keeps you on track!! Glad you thought of this X
Old 06-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

I am so excited too!! Think I finally have my tracker figured out : )
Corinne
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote