Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 06/27/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 06/27/12

rissimo
06-27-2012, 06:33 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

usmcvet
06-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Wow, wow, wow. Riss who is that new hot chick in your avatar? You look awesome. You must feel great too!

I am Feeling skinny today. I'm hoping for my 100 pound goal at WI tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day.

NSV yesterday. One of the dental hygenists yesterday could not keep commenting on how great I looked. She asked all kinds of questions and called me the incredible shrinking man. It made my day. It doesn't hurt that she is pretty hot either!:devil:

KBig
06-27-2012, 07:57 AM
GM iPeeps. Wishing all losers big loss #s!

I start a mini phase 2 next week for my trip to Chicago July 5-9th.

any advice?

jwdesselle
06-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Wow, wow, wow. Riss who is that new hot chick in your avatar? You look awesome. You must feel great too!

I am Feeling skinny today. I'm hoping for my 100 pound goal at WI tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day.

NSV yesterday. One of the dental hygenists yesterday could not keep commenting on how great I looked. She asked all kinds of questions and called me the incredible shrinking man. It made my day. It doesn't hurt that she is pretty hot either!:devil:

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to borrow some of your awesome mood today! ;)

jwdesselle
06-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi there everyone. I'm feeling pretty excited today. I go for my first weigh in this afternoon. Last Wednesday I went for my initial consultation, it was in the afternoon and she weighed me with my clothes on (minus everything in pockets and shoes) and I was 188.5. This morning, right out of the shower, with way less on I weighed 176.4! So, this first WI looks pretty promising.

I can't wait to get my measurements back. The yucky belly in front of me doesn't look that much different, but it sure feels different.

MustangMolly
06-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Good morning IPeeps! Nothing like 100+ degree temps to make it easy to drink your water. Have a great day.

Kaypix
06-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Morning everyone, I'm awake...after sleeping nearly 14 hours yesterday and this morning, and feel like I could go back to bed. My body feels like it got hit by a freight train, and that makes sense since the gambit that it had to go through yesterday (sick sick sick sick sick). I'm staying accountable, I said I was going to listen to my body last night and I did. I ended up with the equivalent of 2 actual protein meals (chicken for lunch and dinner, probably 10oz total or so), only one serving of veggies, and here's the kicker: 3 bars. Yes, you heard that right, 3. Now I didn't count what the carbs were in the veggies I ate, but the count I was at with the 3 bars + my breakfast shake was 16g of net carbs, 660 cal (not counting the chicken). :( I were kind of bad.

However, this morning the scale did not yell at me and tell me "YOU ARE EVIL!!" Nope, it was down 0.4 pound still from yesterday, so I'm hoping that means my body NEEDED all that extra protein (I counted somewhere around 45g in bars, 30g in my shake, plus the chicken) to help get through whatever the heck was wrong with me. Need to see if I feel actually better in a bit here to determine if I'm going to work today. Really wanna go because our monthly dinner+movie is today at like 3:00PM so it's only like a 1/2 day, and the movie is Men In Black III, which I haven't had the pleasure of seeing yet.

Well, I'm off to see how I feel...toodles all!

auroragrl
06-27-2012, 08:46 AM
WI #6 - lost 2 pounds, but only .75 of an inch.

newmom7611
06-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Umm yea.. I totally agree with usmcvet. RISS!!! You go girl!! What a difference! You look hawwwt :) awesome job!
That actifry looks amazing but will have to wait since it's ~$200. I hope you hit the 100 too (even tho anything less would still be incredible in the time you've been OP! :) )
Kaypix- hope you feel better and get your movie day!
Good job and good luck to everyone who weighs in today. Just finished some delicious coffee-- now off to pick something from my breakfast menu. As long as it includes peanut butter, I'm golden lol.

PEIslandGirl
06-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone - just popping on to say. My official weigh in is tomorrow hoping to break into the 120's - wish me luck. I am going to gather my tech knowledge and try to post some before and after pic's on the weekend. I have the before's just not the after's.

Rissimo - you have such a glow about you now.
USMCVET - you are doing so great, you add so much to this site. Hope you kick *** at your weigh in tomorrow.

PhoenixRisingAgain
06-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone! This is day 3 for me and so far so good. I am an every day weigher, and I am down 1.8 lbs, so I am feeling pretty good.

Have a great day all!

Unwaver1ng
06-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning! Having some coffee with a bit of my breakfast chocolate drink right now. My dog woke me up early so I am taking it slow.

For the first time in a week, I didn't have an anxiety dream about binge eating last night. What a relief! I think I feel more confident in the plan now.

Usmcvet, cheers to a great day leading you to that 100 number :)

Kbig, have fun in Chicago! I live a few hours from there! What will you be doing while there?

Kaypix, I hope you feel better today!

~Jenni

greeniris
06-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Good morning - it's a beautiful morning here again, sunny, birds chirping. Yesterday morning a doe with 2 tiny fawns walked thru the yard outside my window! Love the view from my office :)

Riss - you look totally awesome! And getting so close to goal

Usmc - sending you the proverbial 'fairy dust'. Can't wait to see the numbers!

Kaypix - really hope you're better today.

I want to share something my primary care doc told me a couple days ago. First, he is familiar with IP, and is very glad I'm on this program. Then he asked what my goal weight is. He said there are new studies that show women that weigh less than 127, regardless of height, have a much higher risk of osteoporosis. My goal is 135, but told him I may change it to 130 as I get closer (I'm 5'2"). He said not try to get below 130. Has anyone else heard this?

kmstacy
06-27-2012, 09:22 AM
where are you? I am in Dixon Il area takes me an hour to get to Rockford IL or an hour the other ways to get to Quad Cities Iowa..I go to Peru for coaching which is hour another way from me..lolGood morning! Having some coffee with a bit of my breakfast chocolate drink right now. My dog woke me up early so I am taking it slow.

For the first time in a week, I didn't have an anxiety dream about binge eating last night. What a relief! I think I feel more confident in the plan now.

Kbig, have fun in Chicago! I live a few hours from there! What will you be doing while there?

~Jenni

rvingprincess
06-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Had my WI last night (1 day early should have been tonight) and down -2.5 lbs., I'll take it, that makes a total of 35lbs. in just a little over 2 months. I totally love this program, where else could you lose that kind of weight in such a short amount of time.
I hope that everyone with WI's this week kicks ###. Remember keep your eyes on the prize and go for it.

And will someone please send the Whoosh Fairy to usmcvet for his WI, it would be way cool if he could hit the 100 lb. mark this week, keep up the good work usmcvet, you are doing awesome.

Keep on truckin...

Beck81
06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Good morning everyone. Had my WI yesterday and lost another 5 lbs and 4 & 7/8 inches! That's 40 lbs in nine weeks and almost half way to my goal. I'm very happy with that. I have been walking 2 to 2.5 miles a day which hasn't slowed my losses and I feel great! Good luck to everyone.

evepet
06-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Rissimo - I love today's new avatar pic! You look fantastic!

Hi there everyone. I'm feeling pretty excited today. I go for my first weigh in this afternoon. Last Wednesday I went for my initial consultation, it was in the afternoon and she weighed me with my clothes on (minus everything in pockets and shoes) and I was 188.5. This morning, right out of the shower, with way less on I weighed 176.4! So, this first WI looks pretty promising.

I can't wait to get my measurements back. The yucky belly in front of me doesn't look that much different, but it sure feels different.

Sounds like you've got a great WI # coming up! This is a great program - stick 100% and you'll see that extra weight melt away. :carrot:

Good morning IPeeps! Nothing like 100+ degree temps to make it easy to drink your water. Have a great day.

I agree ! LOL - felt just the same way last week during our 3-day heat wave ... all I wanted to do was drink liquids and lots and lots and lots of water. :D

Morning everyone, I'm awake...after sleeping nearly 14 hours yesterday and this morning, and feel like I could go back to bed. My body feels like it got hit by a freight train, and that makes sense since the gambit that it had to go through yesterday (sick sick sick sick sick). I'm staying accountable, I said I was going to listen to my body last night and I did. I ended up with the equivalent of 2 actual protein meals (chicken for lunch and dinner, probably 10oz total or so), only one serving of veggies, and here's the kicker: 3 bars. Yes, you heard that right, 3. Now I didn't count what the carbs were in the veggies I ate, but the count I was at with the 3 bars + my breakfast shake was 16g of net carbs, 660 cal (not counting the chicken). :( I were kind of bad.

However, this morning the scale did not yell at me and tell me "YOU ARE EVIL!!" Nope, it was down 0.4 pound still from yesterday, so I'm hoping that means my body NEEDED all that extra protein (I counted somewhere around 45g in bars, 30g in my shake, plus the chicken) to help get through whatever the heck was wrong with me. Need to see if I feel actually better in a bit here to determine if I'm going to work today. Really wanna go because our monthly dinner+movie is today at like 3:00PM so it's only like a 1/2 day, and the movie is Men In Black III, which I haven't had the pleasure of seeing yet.

It's the pits that you're feeling awful Kaypix. Hope you're better soon. :hug:

Umm yea.. I totally agree with usmcvet. RISS!!! You go girl!! What a difference! You look hawwwt :) awesome job!
That actifry looks amazing but will have to wait since it's ~$200. I hope you hit the 100 too (even tho anything less would still be incredible in the time you've been OP! :) )
Good job and good luck to everyone who weighs in today. Just finished some delicious coffee-- now off to pick something from my breakfast menu. As long as it includes peanut butter, I'm golden lol.

Ooohhhh.... peanut butter! I remember that stuff! Hmmmm.... nope - still gonna be a while for me. :D Do you think it would be terrible to sneak in a little of that PB2 low fat stuff during Phase1? (Hmmm?)

Good Morning Everyone - just popping on to say. My official weigh in is tomorrow hoping to break into the 120's - wish me luck. I am going to gather my tech knowledge and try to post some before and after pic's on the weekend. I have the before's just not the after's.

USMCVET - you are doing so great, you add so much to this site. Hope you kick *** at your weigh in tomorrow.

Wow, PEIslandGirl.... just realized you are so close to your goal weight! Way to Go!! :carrot:

Good Morning Everyone! This is day 3 for me and so far so good. I am an every day weigher, and I am down 1.8 lbs, so I am feeling pretty good.

Have a great day all!

Wonderful! Keep it up - stay strong. First week is ab-sol-ute-ly the worst.

Good morning! Having some coffee with a bit of my breakfast chocolate drink right now. My dog woke me up early so I am taking it slow.

~Jenni

The lack of a binge dream may well mean that you've adapted to the plan and are feeling more confident that you can cope. Glad you feel that way. :hug:

Well - I'm happy to report that on this WI #13 Day I have lost another 2 lbs. I'm getting pretty close to the halfway mark! Can't believe it.

I send each and every one of you wishes for a happy and easy 100% OP day. Keep the faith.

Darralyn
06-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

[/COLOR][/URL]
Riss; Love love love the new avatar YOU ARE HOT!

Best of luck on the big 100!! YOU CAN DO THIS!

GM iPeeps. Wishing all losers big loss #s!

I start a mini phase 2 next week for my trip to Chicago July 5-9th.

any advice?
Good luck and have fun!!

Things are sounding great! Best of luck on that WI!

Don't melt and you have a great day also!!

Hope you feel much better today!! Take care of yourself! :hug:

Hey that's great!!

Have a great PB day!!

Good luck on you WI!!

Have a great day all!
Welcome and HI!! Good luck to you!

~Jenni
Hello and have a great day!!

Good morning - it's a beautiful morning here again, sunny, birds chirping. Yesterday morning a doe with 2 tiny fawns walked thru the yard outside my window! Love the view from my office :)

Riss - you look totally awesome! And getting so close to goal

Usmc - sending you the proverbial 'fairy dust'. Can't wait to see the numbers!

I want to share something my primary care doc told me a couple days ago. First, he is familiar with IP, and is very glad I'm on this program. Then he asked what my goal weight is. He said there are new studies that show women that weigh less than 127, regardless of height, have a much higher risk of osteoporosis. My goal is 135, but told him I may change it to 130 as I get closer (I'm 5'2"). He said not try to get below 130. Has anyone else heard this?
Have not heard that info. Good luck to you; you are doing great!!!

where are you? I am in Dixon Il area takes me an hour to get to Rockford IL or an hour the other ways to get to Quad Cities Iowa..I go to Peru for coaching which is hour another way from me..lol
Happy Wednesday!! :cool:

Darralyn
06-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Good morning All!
Hope you have a fun filled easy OP day! Wishing you nothing but good news today for those who have WI's!
Love you all! :grouphug:

Mamalee
06-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Feeling horrible today. Late last night I cheated for the first time. I had been 100% on program for my first 3 1/2 weeks and last night, I blew it. My sons had friends over all day. I was making food, putting out snacks, some healthy, some not......taking care of teenagers. I was never tempted, didn't desire any of what they had, just went through my day eating OP and drinking my water. Then, last night, as I was sitting with them watching a movie at 11:30pm, I was really hungry. Normally I would long be asleep so I don't ever know I am hungry at night. Well, last night since I was awake and hadn't eaten since snack at 7:30, I was genuinely hungry. I ignored it for a long time, then......I ate some cheese puffs. :mad: Then, I ate some more, then some more. :mad:I think I ate cheese puffs nonstop for 30 minutes. :mad:

Now, this morning, I feel like I have to start all over :( Oh, why did I do that? I soooo wish I hadn't. :(

Just had to share because I am so sad right now. Thanks for listening.

Lee

evepet
06-27-2012, 09:39 AM

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you re tomorrow's WI!! :carrot: And I love your NSV. We all need these compliments in our lives.

julied31
06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Good morning all!! Sounds like it's hot it a lot of areas of the country!! going to be around 90 here in Wisconsin.

I'm on day 4 of vacation and down 2 pounds - yes I brought my scale!! Yesterday started out with a family outing to Paul Bunyan Restaurant -- and like the name sounds, you get a TON of food, family style. I had scrambled eggs and a little ham. They're known for their sugar donuts.....I was so tempted, but I refrained. Last night for dinner I had 8 oz. of cod and green beans. So, not exactly Phase 1, but I only go on vacation once a year. Since it's been so hot, I've been drinking a ton of water, so I'm sure that's been helping.

Lee -- forget about your cheat and keep moving forward - you're doing great!!

Everyone have a great IP day!!!

mlucas
06-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Good Morning All!

Well I got my car back and it didnt cost me an arm and a leg.. so i'm doing my happy dance this morning!

NSV-Im wearing shorts from when i was in High School so that feels good, but... one of the ladies today at work called me skinny mini and then said i was leggy! LOL I'm 5'4 but have longer legs.. but its funny no one really has noticed until i started losing weight! Love it :) Run way here i come! JK! :D

I missed my WI yesterday since i had no wheels.. i'm contimplating just going another week and just wait til next Tuesday or go mid week... I will stop in to get food .. but i'm weighing more towards waiting... (bigger numbers LOL)

Happy Hump Day IP'rs! xo

evepet
06-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Feeling horrible today. Late last night I cheated for the first time. I had been 100% on program for my first 3 1/2 weeks and last night, I blew it. My sons had friends over all day. I was making food, putting out snacks, some healthy, some not......taking care of teenagers. I was never tempted, didn't desire any of what they had, just went through my day eating OP and drinking my water. Then, last night, as I was sitting with them watching a movie at 11:30pm, I was really hungry. Normally I would long be asleep so I don't ever know I am hungry at night. Well, last night since I was awake and hadn't eaten since snack at 7:30, I was genuinely hungry. I ignored it for a long time, then......I ate some cheese puffs. :mad: Then, I ate some more, then some more. :mad:I think I ate cheese puffs nonstop for 30 minutes. :mad:

Now, this morning, I feel like I have to start all over :( Oh, why did I do that? I soooo wish I hadn't. :(

Lee

The important thing now is not to let it derail you. Get back to 100% today and stick with it. And if you're in that same kind of situation again, next time remember that it would be far better to reach for an extra IP packet or snack than an off protocol item. But what's done is done.... don't beat yourself up now over it. Just get back on protocol again. You can do it. :hug:

Beck81
06-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Just got my Signature tracker. :carrot:

aimeed3
06-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Good Morning everyone!!

Day 1 is in the bag. I felt a little hungry that came in little spurts but other than that, so far I feel fine just a little tired.

Good Luck to everyone who have upcoming WI's.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Heat Index is suppose to be somewhere between 108-114 today. Only in good ole Louisiana!

newmom7611
06-27-2012, 09:53 AM
evepet- oh honey-- don't do it! i completely understand. i didn't have the stuff for 7 months and i was MISSING it so much. i still wish i could have more than i'm allowed. it's hard to stop some days, but i do. i know the PB2 stuff may be low fat and all, but stay TRUE to phase one and you'll have that REAL peanut butter before you know it. the more you "allow" yourself a little bit of this and just a pinch of that-- the longer you'll be in phase one and the less likely you'll keep the most weight off long term. you've TOTALLY got this. you're almost half way there. PB will be at the finish line waiting for you :hug:

you're doing awesome. congrats on you're weigh in! keep going strong :)

aimeed3
06-27-2012, 09:54 AM

You're lucky! LOL

How do you know when its een your 20 days, do you get an email or something?

~Aimee~

aimeed3
06-27-2012, 09:56 AM

Whhoohooo!! Good luck on your WI this afternoon!!

rvingprincess
06-27-2012, 10:00 AM

Lee

Don't beat yourself up, it happens. You know what to do, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back to 100% OP today, and drink lots and lots of water. :?:

jwdesselle
06-27-2012, 10:06 AM

I can't wait to get mine!!!! But in the mean time, I love this little guy: :carrot:

Mamalee
06-27-2012, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=julied31;4385547]

[QUOTE]

Thanks :p I am just so disappointed in myself. This morning I have been totally dragging and I know last night is why.
Your encouragement means everything. :)

jwdesselle
06-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Feeling horrible today.

Lee

No need to beat yourself up. Like others have stated, just be 100% OP today and you should be fine. Like I said in another post, I've printed out a photo of myself that I hate, it really shows me why I am in this program. That little photo has saved me from falling off the wagon a couple of times. I just look at it and forget what ever cravings I may get.

You can do this!! :hug:

jwdesselle
06-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Good Morning everyone!!

Day 1 is in the bag. I felt a little hungry that came in little spurts but other than that, so far I feel fine just a little tired.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Heat Index is suppose to be somewhere between 108-114 today. Only in good ole Louisiana!

Congratulations on Day 1, one more day closer to your goal. :)

Heat Index here in Louisiana, OMG! I was wanting/needing to cut my grass. Guess I will wait till midnight and use a flashlight. lol

:carrot:

Mamalee
06-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Don't beat yourself up, it happens. You know what to do, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back to 100% OP today, and drink lots and lots of water. :?:

Thank you sooo much. Yes, I must move forward, just am disappointed. I was doing so well. Thanks for the reminder about the water. I suppose I should drink more than ever today, huh? Better go fill up my cup :D

So glad I shared. I have been sitting her really sad for the past 2 hours. I don't tend to put my failures out for all to see.
Thanks everyone for being supportive and encouraging. It makes sharing easier and the burden lighter. Really glad I have this board. You guys are great.

Lynnie63
06-27-2012, 10:13 AM
I just got back from the endocrinologist - he told me that my TSH is in the high range now. I'm not having shakes or racing heartbeat so he's not going to lower it now, but he wants to see me in 4 months to check my levels again.

He told me that I'm loosing at a good rate (of course I want more!).

I had a board meeting last night and we had dinner. I got the filet mignon and the zuccini was supposed to be just saute'd in olive oil, but it had something on it, spices or something so I didn't eat it. I had eaten my cukes for lunch at 5 when I was on my way to New Haven and I had my shake when I got home at 10 and went to bed. So I only had 2 cups of veggies yesterday.

WI tonight. I've been eating a restricted every day for breakfast to see if I can speed up my losses, according to the doctor's scale I didn't loose much this week, but we'll see what my coach's scale says.

TTFN

evepet
06-27-2012, 10:15 AM
evepet- oh honey-- don't do it! i completely understand. i didn't have the stuff for 7 months and i was MISSING it so much. i still wish i could have more than i'm allowed. it's hard to stop some days, but i do. i know the PB2 stuff may be low fat and all, but stay TRUE to phase one and you'll have that REAL peanut butter before you know it. the more you "allow" yourself a little bit of this and just a pinch of that-- the longer you'll be in phase one and the less likely you'll keep the most weight off long term. you've TOTALLY got this. you're almost half way there. PB will be at the finish line waiting for you :hug:

you're doing awesome. congrats on you're weigh in! keep going strong :)

Thanks Newmom. I know. LOL. I'll be strong... Peanut butter will still be around when I get to where I can 'legally' eat it. :D

bttrhalf
06-27-2012, 10:25 AM

Lee

don't beat your self up over the cheat just go back to plan and figure out what you can do next time you find yourself in this position. you are doing great:hug: if this is the only cheat you have had with teenagers around.
i know i have boys constantly at my house eating everything i would like.
:)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/sliderbug/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Trishak
06-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Good morning!

It's beautiful in Illinois, but going to get HOT later. I was so happy that the scale moved this morning.... down to 161 (was up to 163.4 yesterday morning). Not sure I can see the 150's this week with WI tomorrow, but at least I know it will be a loss.

NSV today - wearing size 12 shorts and they fit kinda loose! And a 36D bra and it's not even on the largest setting! WOOT! Gotta love this program!

The before pic in my signature is from our work Christmas card taken in Dec 2011 (a month before I started IP). I despise this picture... I look bloated and uncomfortable. (and I was!) It is on the work refridgerator and it keeps my motivated here. I need a copy of it for the home fridge too! The after was taken a month ago, so I hope I look even better now. Should take another pic!

Have a great day!
Trish

rvingprincess
06-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Thank you sooo much. Yes, I must move forward, just am disappointed. I was doing so well. Thanks for the reminder about the water. I suppose I should drink more than ever today, huh? Better go fill up my cup :D

So glad I shared. I have been sitting her really sad for the past 2 hours. I don't tend to put my failures out for all to see.
Thanks everyone for being supportive and encouraging. It makes sharing easier and the burden lighter. Really glad I have this board. You guys are great.

I am glad that we could help when you needed it, God knows everyone has been there for me with acknowledgements, praise etc. We are a little family here so don't feel bad about putting it all out there, we of all people understand. Now go and have yourself a great OP day. Keep truckin

Caren

bttrhalf
06-27-2012, 10:51 AM
feel real good this morning got on the home scale (in birthday suit) and it said down 6lbs. :carrot: I weigh in tomorrow afternoon for first week weigh in, hope I do close to that even with clothes on. :dance:
i have noticed that my clothes are already fitting differently. :D
every one keep sending good vibes my weigh and I know I can do this.:carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/sliderbug/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Unwaver1ng
06-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Good morning!

It's beautiful in Illinois, but going to get HOT later. I was so happy that the scale moved this morning.... down to 161 (was up to 163.4 yesterday morning). Not sure I can see the 150's this week with WI tomorrow, but at least I know it will be a loss.

NSV today - wearing size 12 shorts and they fit kinda loose! And a 36D bra and it's not even on the largest setting! WOOT! Gotta love this program!

The before pic in my signature is from our work Christmas card taken in Dec 2011 (a month before I started IP). I despise this picture... I look bloated and uncomfortable. (and I was!) It is on the work refridgerator and it keeps my motivated here. I need a copy of it for the home fridge too! The after was taken a month ago, so I hope I look even better now. Should take another pic!

Have a great day!
Trish

Trish, I think you look pretty in both of your pictures, but so much happier in the second one. Definitely take a new one! You are so close to goal, I'm sure you will be beaming!

britne1
06-27-2012, 11:03 AM
WI #1 (2nd time around) and I'm down 5.5lbs. I only want to lose 15lbs and hope I can lose the remaining 10 in 2-3weeks.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

mooselover
06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Great posts this morning. Love all the NSV's!!! And I am looking forward to all the WI posts later today.

I am so glad my "feelings" are back to normal. My mind had been messing with me for a few weeks. :devil: But I got my mind back in the right direction to finish this strong :strong: I think my DD starting with alternatives on Monday has helped. I needed to be strong for her. You have helped me too. I am so thankful for this forum. I read it everyday. :D

Ravenswood2012
06-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Good Morning everyone!!

Your doing great ~ one day @ a time!!! After the first week the tiredness should pass, mine did...

Have a great day & stay cool :cool: & hydrated..... I can't imagine it being that hot :dizzy:

Ravenswood2012
06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
I can't wait to get mine!!!! But in the mean time, I love this little guy: :carrot:

I couldn't wait to get mine either..... I'ts funny how excited I was to create & get my ticker!!! :yay:

LizRR
06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Howdy folks - I went to my coach's Phase3/4 workshop last night and am feeling so IP reenergized! She had a Phase1 workshop 2 weeks ago I also attended as a refresher, so it was nice to get the information reinforcement.

Maybe it's the engineer/scientist in me but I like that she explains the biological elements (albeit in a simpler language) of what IP entails regarding glucogenesis and the insulin/glucagon balance (or imbalance) and how it affects fat burning & storage. She also did a good job explaining how the body taps into energy, etc. Especially useful with all the exercise talk and how the body can start burning muscle when needed. Information on pancreas functioning/resting and how the liver is involved with ketosis as well as explaining the enzymatic 'machinery' our body rebuilds as we start up ketosis - also how/why some folks seem to have a harder time than others (some folks do seem to 'drag' out the misery of getting into ketosis that others only have 3-5 days of - insulin resistance).

She also explained how each Phase is designed to focus on a specific 'goal' (1-weight loss, 2-increase calories, 3-introduce carbs&fats/build glycogen stores, 4-maintenance). And also stressed the importance of staying On Plan for each Phase, also why the change from Phase 1 to 90% was made to Phase 1 to 100% goal. And of course, the meal plans for Phase 3 and Phase 4 were covered (and given handouts). I'm not there yet, but it's looking like I'll be approaching goal within a few weeks, so I always want to be prepared!

You little :devil: - hoping the Whoosh Fairy visits you at WI!

Well, we are all human, we're all faced with temptations - it happened. All you can do now is get back on 100% OP and work on a strategy to avoid it happening again. I think that's so important is to know your triggers and figure out how to avoid them or work around them. Next time try reaching for an IP product, extra water, favorite veggies, go to sleep, etc. Remember how awful you feel now and how AWESOME you feel when you are OP - learn and move on. You've been doing great! Don't let this slip derail you now!

I'm on day 4 of vacation and down 2 pounds - yes I brought my scale!! Yesterday started out with a family outing to Paul Bunyan Restaurant -- and like the name sounds, you get a TON of food, family style. I had scrambled eggs and a little ham. They're known for their sugar donuts.....I was so tempted, but I refrained. Last night for dinner I had 8 oz. of cod and green beans. So, not exactly Phase 1, but I only go on vacation once a year. Since it's been so hot, I've been drinking a ton of water, so I'm sure that's been helping.

I LOVE that you brought your scale! That's so funny! You are doing great, especially being on vacation and eating at a place called PAUL BUNYAN RESTAURANT!

Kaypix
06-27-2012, 11:36 AM
I ate some cheese puffs. :mad: Then, I ate some more, then some more. :mad:I think I ate cheese puffs nonstop for 30 minutes. :mad:
Lee
Lee :hug: it's ok! Well, not "good" by any means, but we are humans, not cyborgs, so we make mistakes (what man has NOT gotten lost when GPS does so well...or failed to assemble something due to lack of reading instructions...or person not filed something in a "safe' place only to lose it later?). Get back on your IP-icle (bicycle+ip) and just get back on peddling :) Treat it like a cheat in phase 4, go hardcore phase 1 and you'll be back to your old-new self in no time :)

Kaypix
06-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Well, I made it to work, despite my urgly gurgly stomach, and all the protein from yesterday with little fiber did its job, thank god! I will say this was the first time I ever binged on protein for the "side effect" of it. LoL! My DH made a funny comment in the shower this morning, he said "your tummy's grumbling cuz it's going away!" I laughed and then replied with the wicked witch of the west's famous phrase "I'm Melting! I'm Melting! Oh What A World, What A World..." lol sorry just had to share.

I'm more back to my normal self, made some 1/2 caf coffee with splenda at work this morning, took some excedrin for the headache and body aches, and now feel I can make it through to 2:00 when we leave for lunch. Super excited cuz I get buffalo wild wings, which I luv, and then get to see Men IN Black II.

Well I'm off to do SOMETHING productive...toodles!

J bug
06-27-2012, 11:44 AM
I have WI #3 today, but even more exciting is my DH starts today (well, technically tomorrow)! I'm excited to have him join me on this journey. I'm sure he'll be done before me, but that's okay!

You are all so awesome and motivating.

Ravenswood2012
06-27-2012, 11:46 AM
I think my mid week 5 funk has hit the road :carrot:....... I slept better, no headache :headache:, cravings are gone :p & increased energy !!!! :D

jules26965
06-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Good morning everyone! I have WI#2 today, but I'm not nervous at all because I've been 100% OP. I'll be more interested to see the inches I've lost since last week than the pounds!!

@Kaypix - I hope you feel better!!!!!

@jwdesselle - I CAN'T WAIT to get my ticker either lol....it's the small things in life I guess! :carrot:

Oh and I saw this posted on fb last night and thought of everyone. If you fall off the wagon, you just have to get back on right away!

Ravenswood2012
06-27-2012, 11:48 AM
I have WI #3 today, but even more exciting is my DH starts today (well, technically tomorrow)! I'm excited to have him join me on this journey. I'm sure he'll be done before me, but that's okay!

:goodluck: @ your WI!!!!

wuv2bloved
06-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey y'all....Happy to report week 60 WI in is down another 3lbs!!! SUPER excited about that! I am now officially an IP coach, and today one of my clients HIT GOAL! we were both doing the happy dance!....lo

Here is week 60 video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qHz1b8lG4

swimcoachmomma
06-27-2012, 12:08 PM
maintaining for 2 months, but holding at upper limit of the 3 pound window... so I am on phase one for a few days to reboot. hungry but this shall pass. new puppy so sleep deprived, but she is soooo cute. I am convinced that god makes children and puppies so cute so we dont strangle them... anyway, i can do this. Have done it before. tough to go from phase 3 bfast to a shake. thank you all for being here.

Unwaver1ng
06-27-2012, 12:20 PM
I am about to begin a lunch shift in an all you can eat dining hall advising new college students while they eat lunch. This is the first time in direct confrontation with temptation so I am way nervous! I brought my WF salad dressing with me and plan to utilize their well-stocked salad bar. Then I have vanilla pudding waiting for me at home! Oh, and I will be sipping lots of water for the whole two hours.

We are stationed right next to the dessert pastries. Good thing I am Unwavering!

~Jenni

GeauxTigers82
06-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Hello everyone! I am so excited... 14 lbs in one month on IP! I really actually love this diet because I feel in control, and everyone is proud of me for sticking with it (including myself)!

I just finished taking my teacher certification tests for Texas. I hope I passed so I don't have to spend the money to take them over. I am in the midst of planning my sister's bridal shower which is in August. Why do bridesmaids become so frustrating when it comes to the shower??!!

I have a full day of washing sheets and cleaning the house in preparation for my parents to visit this weekend. I also need to bring the dogs to the groomer today. My mom is on IP and has lost 30 lbs in 10 weeks. I can't wait to see her!

I feel like I have been rambling... I hope everyone has a great OP day and good luck at your weigh ins today!

Unwaver1ng
06-27-2012, 12:21 PM
BTW, it looks like everyone is on the right track today! Hope you all enjoy a great day!

mlucas
06-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Well, I made it to work, despite my urgly gurgly stomach, and all the protein from yesterday with little fiber did its job, thank god! I will say this was the first time I ever binged on protein for the "side effect" of it. LoL! My DH made a funny comment in the shower this morning, he said "your tummy's grumbling cuz it's going away!" I laughed and then replied with the wicked witch of the west's famous phrase "I'm Melting! I'm Melting! Oh What A World, What A World..." lol sorry just had to share.

I'm more back to my normal self, made some 1/2 caf coffee with splenda at work this morning, took some excedrin for the headache and body aches, and now feel I can make it through to 2:00 when we leave for lunch. Super excited cuz I get buffalo wild wings, which I luv, and then get to see Men IN Black II.

Well I'm off to do SOMETHING productive...toodles!

Glad to hear you are feeling better and that there is light at the end of the tunnel for ya! :D Quick question... what do you order at BWW? I love that place too!

Hey y'all....Happy to report week 60 WI in is down another 3lbs!!! SUPER excited about that! I am now officially an IP coach, and today one of my clients HIT GOAL! we were both doing the happy dance!....lo

Here is week 60 video

Yeah for you!!! Congrats on being a coach!! Awesome! :carrot:

chicagoboiler
06-27-2012, 12:29 PM
WI #6: and down 2.9lbs and another 2.75 inches. I am now at 23.5lbs lost and can't wait to hit the 25lbs mark...especially since I planned my first incentive, a massage then. I say it all the time, but I love the IP diet!

Thank you to those who chimed in on the Frank's buffalo sauce yesterday. DF loved it and it's just what we both needed for a change of taste.

Wuv-Congrats again on the coach position as you will be the best one out there and congrats on the big loss!

Bdmom
06-27-2012, 12:30 PM
jwdesselle Good luck with the WI today!

LizRR Question for you? What was the reasoning behind the switch to staying on Phase I until 100% of the weight loss goal is reached? I am curious -- I use alternatives and don't have a coach so am interested to learn from you all. Thanks so much :)

IP is so interesting to me in that it has clearly evolved so much from its original inception to Dr. Tran's book to now. Reminds me of the "practice" of medicine (which it kind of is) and the "practice" of law. Things evolve based on experience and results (like making things restricted or unrestricted, or changing goal settings, timelines, etc.). Reaffirms to me that while it is important to stay 100% OP, within those confines, I need to make adjustments as to what works for me or what causes stalls, gives the weight loss a boost, etc.

Feeling positive and strong today despite a rough evening and night yesterday. Got my meals all planned out and have already starting all my prepping for my vaca next week. Good luck to everyone with WIs today!

mooselover
06-27-2012, 12:52 PM

Here is week 60 video

You are such an amazing person!!! I love watching you videos. You are so adorable. Good job this week. :D

Thorfinn
06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Ticker test

ETA: hey hey hey :D :D

LizRR
06-27-2012, 01:02 PM
LizRR Question for you? What was the reasoning behind the switch to staying on Phase I until 100% of the weight loss goal is reached? I am curious -- I use alternatives and don't have a coach so am interested to learn from you all. Thanks so much :)

IP is so interesting to me in that it has clearly evolved so much from its original inception to Dr. Tran's book to now. Reminds me of the "practice" of medicine (which it kind of is) and the "practice" of law. Things evolve based on experience and results (like making things restricted or unrestricted, or changing goal settings, timelines, etc.). Reaffirms to me that while it is important to stay 100% OP, within those confines, I need to make adjustments as to what works for me or what causes stalls, gives the weight loss a boost, etc.

She said that the reasoning, and also I love that the program is 'research driven' and evolves as more is learned, came about due to observations. In Phase 2, you do still continue to lose since you are slightly increasing calories (by ~200 cals), but you are still in ketosis and typically would hit your 100% goal - but then when you move to Phase 3 you start to reintroduce carbs and build up your glycogen reserves, hence slight weight gain (obviously not fat, but it happens). Many coaches would suggest a 'slightly lower goal' when it was Phase 1 to 90% due to this fact, since they saw through experience that Phase 2 and Phase 3 'balanced each other out' in terms of those last few pounds to goal. The change was made so that the "goal cushion" was no longer needed - your goal is now your true goal, taking that 'balancing' of Phase 2->Phase 3 out of the equation.

*Also want to clarify, this was a workshop my coach held on her own, so some of what she presented was anecdotal based on IP research, information from IP workshops, and observations from her own and colleagues clinics

wuv2bloved
06-27-2012, 01:02 PM
You are such an amazing person!!! I love watching you videos. You are so adorable. Good job this week. :D
awww ty

IPdivajen
06-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Hi all. Glad to see so much good news in here today! Hope the trends continue for the rest of the week.

usmc - huge big luck vibes for the 100 are coming your way. :)

After my big fat zero weigh in last night I'm doing my best to just keep on keepin on. I'm dedicated to this program and my health and I have to hope that things will improve/pick up again in the not too distant future.

In other great news, DH crossed the 80lb mark and is now either 10 or 15 lbs away from his goal!!! So excited for him. He's doing amazing and the transformation is insane! He also broke the less than 25% body fat mark today which is just incredible. It's amazing how hard he's worked. He was close to 400bs before we met, then lost 90 on his own and now another 90 or 95 on IP. He's so happy to finally be healthy for, really, the first time ever.

Awesome. :)

swimcoachmomma
06-27-2012, 01:23 PM
yummy mid morning snack and totally P1 compliant. Romaine lettuce with Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce 0/0/0 and WF bacon ranch dressing. all free!! bonus is that my lips are burning so much that I am not tempted to snack. lol. lunch is only 60 minutes away. yay.

Trishak
06-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Trish, I think you look pretty in both of your pictures, but so much happier in the second one. Definitely take a new one! You are so close to goal, I'm sure you will be beaming!

Thanks!!! I am much happier in the second pic! So where are you at in Illinois? Saw you post that you are a few hours from Chicago. I'm in the Champaign-Urbana area!

reneepw
06-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi folks,
Glad to hear everyone is out and about and doing well today. I just totally messed up at lunch :( Went out with colleagues; ordered an asian chicken salad - and it was not only breaded but covered with a sweet/sour sauce. It was my stupid fault for not asking questions when i placed the order but we had come out of a meeting, were talking and i thought ooh - chicken/salad...good. Grr. I feel awful - and my stomach isn't liking it either. An 'upside' - it tasted way too sweet and I'm not even tempted to do it again. I've been really good on this business trip too.
:o

Back to the basics the rest of the week for me.

Good luck on all the WI's today.

GemIAm
06-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Exciting SVs and NSVs today - Congrats to all! Since I am on the West Coast, by the time i have a chance to "check in" it's afternoon for a lot of you and the daily chat thread is always pages & pages long!

My WI is tomorrow...so if one of you is done with the "woosh fairy" - please send her to see me :dizzy:

mompattie
06-27-2012, 01:48 PM
From yesterday's daily. Too good to miss!

Actifry is a...Uhmmm...I dont know wtf it is but basically it turns out food similar to deep fried, without frying or using oil...They say a teaspoon of oil, but we never use any. They sell them everywhere, WallyWorld, Can Tire, Zellers, Bay, etc...Check around though the pricing is all over the place. Here is a link for it: http://www.tefal.com/All+Products/Co...ry/Actifry.htm

Now...PC Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce...is of course 0/0/0 and Franks Red Hot Buffallo sauce is 5 cal and 1g carbs if I remember, but the PC stuff is good, and there is a mild version too.

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOn...roductId=17863

Now...the chicken...I love wings but of course we are not supposed to have skin, so...Two diffferent way...

1) Chicken breast-cut into strips roughly the size of a chicken wing, toss into the Actifry for approx 25 mins, add sauce and back on for 5 mins..

2) I buy actual chicken wings (not split) and then split them myself, and with a fillet knife, one slice up each side and the skin peels right off, then I use actual chicken wings...they are definitely a bit fattier, but taste really good. Same process for cooking, but I do them a bit longer, approx 30 mins and then 5 more with the sauce.

If you were a wing lover, these are a fantastic substitute. The actifry apparently does all kinds of things like fries and stuff, but we actually bought it for meatballs, wings and perogies, then when I started IP it went into the pantry. I have just started experimenting with it, so more to follow.

Thanks a ton longhorn!!!! This is going to have to be tried!!!!! And no oil then in the unit? Ok. Good to know!! On the hunt for one. Thanks!!!!

Ishbel
06-27-2012, 01:54 PM

She said that the reasoning, and also I love that the program is 'research driven' and evolves as more is learned, came about due to observations. In Phase 2, you do still continue to lose since you are slightly increasing calories (by ~200 cals), but you are still in ketosis and typically would hit your 100% goal - but then when you move to Phase 3 you start to reintroduce carbs and build up your glycogen reserves, hence slight weight gain (obviously not fat, but it happens). Many coaches would suggest a 'slightly lower goal' when it was Phase 1 to 90% due to this fact, since they saw through experience that Phase 2 and Phase 3 'balanced each other out' in terms of those last few pounds to goal. The change was made so that the "goal cushion" was no longer needed - your goal is now your true goal, taking that 'balancing' of Phase 2->Phase 3 out of the equation.

*Also want to clarify, this was a workshop my coach held on her own, so some of what she presented was anecdotal based on IP research, information from IP workshops, and observations from her own and colleagues clinics

I was told this - good explaination Liz (not just another pretty face you!), also told you just maximize your weight loss going 100% as Phase 2 was just taking too long. I went 100% to my goal and spend most of my 'normal maintenance days' well below my goal (lost in the phasing off stage)...sometimes I jump up 1 lb past it but only for a day after an over eager 'fun day' and that is usually sodium.

Very happy to have gone 100%, can't thank the 3FC IP forum enough for THAT decision!

Bdmom
06-27-2012, 01:59 PM
LizRR, Thanks for the explanation. Makes total sense. Making the change in phases and regiment AFTER your body has reached its goal seems like it is actually making the transition much more manageable.

Ishbel, Your success is amazing, and clearly proof that the change is goals/phase start-stop is warranted.

IPDivaJen, Congrats to your DH! Woo hoo! He gave himself the gift of good health - amazing!

nomoreweight
06-27-2012, 02:02 PM

~Jenni

Haha...I've had those dreams, too! I dreamt the other night that I was cutting up chicken nuggets and tater tots for my kids and I would bite half and give them the other half. I then realized I was on the diet and wasn't supposed to eat that and I woke in a bit of a panic. Those dreams are horrible!

nomoreweight
06-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Quick question...anyone get charlie horses? I got a doozy of one four or five days ago and increased my potassium to 2 a day (as per coach's instructions) for three days. Today was the last of the three days, and I got another really bad one today. I bent over to pick up my one year old and it came on so quick and so strong that I thought I seriously injured myself. Now, a few hours later, I still can't walk on it. I can flex and move the muscle while sitting, but can't if I put my weight on it.

Anybody else go through this and/or know what to do about this? BTW, I'm on day 16. Thanks for your help!

Robag
06-27-2012, 02:40 PM

Good job, and good luck at the WI!

That's great, keep it up!

Good luck!

Had my WI last night (1 day early should have been tonight) and down -2.5 lbs., I'll take it, that makes a total of 35lbs. in just a little over 2 months. I totally love this program, where else could you lose that kind of weight in such a short amount of time.
I hope that everyone with WI's this week kicks ###. Remember keep your eyes on the prize and go for it.

Good morning everyone. Had my WI yesterday and lost another 5 lbs and 4 & 7/8 inches! That's 40 lbs in nine weeks and almost half way to my goal. I'm very happy with that. I have been walking 2 to 2.5 miles a day which hasn't slowed my losses and I feel great! Good luck to everyone.

That's awesome! That must be a great feeling for both of you!

Well - I'm happy to report that on this WI #13 Day I have lost another 2 lbs. I'm getting pretty close to the halfway mark! Can't believe it.

I send each and every one of you wishes for a happy and easy 100% OP day. Keep the faith.

Awesome, way to go!

Great job! I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks, and I plan on taking my scale as well, lol!

Good Morning everyone!!

Good luck to you!

feel real good this morning got on the home scale (in birthday suit) and it said down 6lbs. :carrot: I weigh in tomorrow afternoon for first week weigh in, hope I do close to that even with clothes on. :dance:

That's great! Good luck at your WI tomorrow.

WI #1 (2nd time around) and I'm down 5.5lbs. I only want to lose 15lbs and hope I can lose the remaining 10 in 2-3weeks.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Good luck!

Awesome, and good luck to your DH. We need more men on this site!

Good morning everyone! I have WI#2 today, but I'm not nervous at all because I've been 100% OP. I'll be more interested to see the inches I've lost since last week than the pounds!!

Good luck!

Here is week 60 video

Awesome! I've only been on here a short time, but you are an inspiration! With your extensive knowledge, and experience, you wil make a fantastic coach. The rest of us, could only be so lucky to have you as a coach!

Hello everyone! I am so excited... 14 lbs in one month on IP! I really actually love this diet because I feel in control, and everyone is proud of me for sticking with it (including myself)!

That's great! 14 lbs is a huge amount.

WI #6: and down 2.9lbs and another 2.75 inches. I am now at 23.5lbs lost and can't wait to hit the 25lbs mark...especially since I planned my first incentive, a massage then. I say it all the time, but I love the IP diet!

Way to go!

In other great news, DH crossed the 80lb mark and is now either 10 or 15 lbs away from his goal!!! So excited for him. He's doing amazing and the transformation is insane! He also broke the less than 25% body fat mark today which is just incredible. It's amazing how hard he's worked. He was close to 400bs before we met, then lost 90 on his own and now another 90 or 95 on IP. He's so happy to finally be healthy for, really, the first time ever.

Awesome. :)

That's great! You both are doing a great job!

Beck81
06-27-2012, 02:41 PM
You're lucky! LOL

How do you know when its een your 20 days, do you get an email or something?

~Aimee~

I just kept checking but you can click on your name after you've made a post and view profile.

cupcakecathy
06-27-2012, 02:43 PM
I got such a bad charlie horse last week that it woke me out of a deep sleep. it took 10 days before calf was back to normal. I hope I don't get any more as that was so painful. I thought it was caused from lack of magnesium.

Heitina
06-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Just had to share my NSV.
This morning I sucked in my gut and it MOVED! Usually I suck in my gut and it doesn't move AT ALL.....hooray for my moving-sucky-in-belly!!!!:carrot:

Robag
06-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Well WI#4 today. 2lbs down, so my smallest amount in the 4 weeks, but I guess I have to take it. I'm starting Phase 2 tomorrow and then Phase 3 the following week as I will be going on holidays for 3 weeks in mid July. I do not want to be on Phase 1 or 2 for my holiday period, but I think I can handle Phase 3 during that time. My coach wanted me to stay on Phase 1 for 1 more week, but I didn't want to. I told her that my plan was to go back on Phase 1 after my holiday time, which will be early August. She was good with that, and then gave her blessing for Phase 2.

Good luck to all peeps that have WI's still to come!

Patches n Polly
06-27-2012, 02:48 PM

Here is week 60 video

You are an amazing inspiration!!! Congratulations on another loss and a bigger congratulation on becoming a coach!! That is so exciting! ;)

Robag
I got such a bad charlie horse last week that it woke me out of a deep sleep. it took 10 days before calf was back to normal. I hope I don't get any more as that was so painful. I thought it was caused from lack of magnesium.

Dehydration will cause that as well. Make sure you are drinking tons of water, especially now that it's really hot outside.

IPdivajen
:) I sent a message to my coach about the Actifry. I realllllly want to get one - they look amazing! - and will be interested to see what she has to say!

Unwaver1ng
06-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks!!! I am much happier in the second pic! So where are you at in Illinois? Saw you post that you are a few hours from Chicago. I'm in the Champaign-Urbana area!

I live in Urbana! How bout that? I work at the University.

And my lunch shift was successful. Almost beyond successful because I really enjoyed my salad and didn't really get any of the frustrated/anxious feelings about food I can't have that I expected. What a relief.

~Jenni

wuv2bloved
06-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Good Morning everyone!!

You signed up 6/21/12

GrandmaKiss
06-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Haha...I've had those dreams, too! I dreamt the other night that I was cutting up chicken nuggets and tater tots for my kids and I would bite half and give them the other half. I then realized I was on the diet and wasn't supposed to eat that and I woke in a bit of a panic. Those dreams are horrible!

All my "guilty" dreams seem to be of food anymore, so sorry Rob Lowe :o

Today was WI 4 and I lost 2.5 pounds for a total of 16.75. My email to my coach last week about not being average seems to have worked and she was quite full of praise. I just bought a bunch of alternative from Nashua and am still considering going solo. According to the tape measure of doom, my hips and waiste gained an inch this week which is beyond weird because I've had to get out my smaller jeans.

I'm doing better this week than I thought I would (well I thought I'd be 100% but I thought it would be HARD). With hubs gone and me not working outside the home I thought the crazy chocolate-lonleys would get me, but nope, I've been grand.

Hgamroth
06-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Incredible NSV for me today. Last week I was videotaped during my speech and today I had to watch and critique myself. I was dreading it. The only thing worse than pictures of my self is a video! When it first started I was shocked. I couldn't stop looking at my waist! While I still have a ways to go, it was so nice to see myself and see the changes happening. I looked so much more confident than I used to be. This program is amazing as are all of you! The support is what gets me through!

Holly

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slider-lifter2/lb////.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Trishak
06-27-2012, 03:35 PM

And my lunch shift was successful. Almost beyond successful because I really enjoyed my salad and didn't really get any of the frustrated/anxious feelings about food I can't have that I expected. What a relief.

~Jenni

Great Job on the lunch, Jenni! Well I work at the university too! If you need support, feel free to email me! My name on here is my university email address too! I live in Monticello, but work over here.

I am always amazed at how people can eat really delicious things in front of me and it doesn't bother me. Now leave me alone with chips in the house and THAT is struggle. I guess I am a true closet eater. Or let me rephrase... I WAS a true closet eater!

Ishbel
06-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Ishbel, Your success is amazing, and clearly proof that the change is goals/phase start-stop is warranted.

Unwaver1ng
06-27-2012, 03:42 PM

Yes! That is what it's like. The thing is that it is never a dream about food I really want. It's always about accidentally eating something and suddenly realizing I wasn't supposed to!

PhoenixRisingAgain
06-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Afternoon All! OK, so here is what is happening so far with my IP Adventure. In the morning, I have a coffee on the way to work (I am still using half and half but am working to reduce it). Get to work at 7:30 and have a bottle of water. About 10:30 I am hungry, so I have my choc shake. About 1:30-2:00, hungry for lunch so I have a huge salad of lettuce, with about 1-2 cups of other veggies. FULL. Don't want to drink another shake. Now it's 3:30, and I won't be home from work till at least 5:30.

The past 2 days I've been having that "lunch" shake at about now, right beofre my commute home. Dinner is at around 7:30; snack I take at around 11. I go to bed late, like 1 (don't ask).

Is this OK to do? Essentially I am splitting my lunch "IP product + 2c + unlimited lettuce" into 2 separate eatings, just want to know if that is OK to do.

Thanks! I love this group!

wuv2bloved
06-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Afternoon All! OK, so here is what is happening so far with my IP Adventure. In the morning, I have a coffee on the way to work (I am still using half and half but am working to reduce it). Get to work at 7:30 and have a bottle of water. About 10:30 I am hungry, so I have my choc shake. About 1:30-2:00, hungry for lunch so I have a huge salad of lettuce, with about 1-2 cups of other veggies. FULL. Don't want to drink another shake. Now it's 3:30, and I won't be home from work till at least 5:30.

The past 2 days I've been having that "lunch" shake at about now, right beofre my commute home. Dinner is at around 7:30; snack I take at around 11. I go to bed late, like 1 (don't ask).

Is this OK to do? Essentially I am splitting my lunch "IP product + 2c + unlimited lettuce" into 2 separate eatings, just want to know if that is OK to do.

Thanks! I love this group!
You should be fine, as long as you are getting your 4 cups of veggies and your 3 IP packets in for the day.

Porthardygurl
06-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone...

Just poppin in to say hi. Im too exhausted to say much else. Ive been up now for the third night in a row with my 2 year old DD ...She is sick with a cold and she gets quite clingy to the point where she has to sleep in my bed...Of course i dont sleep when she sleeps in my bed because im too worried about her rolling off the edge...So...i wait up all night for her to fall asleep so i can put her back into her crib...I tried doing that three times last night..Finally at about 4 something in the morning i managed to get her into her crib without her waking up. Of course by that time i was feeling so sick from feeling so exhausted from the lack of sleep that im barely functioning today...and DH ..poor DH has to work today and he had to sleep on the couch because he cant sleep in the same bed as DD because he doesnt sleep either...So overall a sleepless night..

Just wanted to post however to say im alive and i will peruse the forum later this evening when i have some time.
Congrats to all the successful weigh in's!!!

PS: Congrats to Wuv on her new job!

Mamalee
06-27-2012, 04:02 PM
don't beat your self up over the cheat just go back to plan and figure out what you can do next time you find yourself in this position. you are doing great:hug: if this is the only cheat you have had with teenagers around.
i know i have boys constantly at my house eating everything i would like.
:)

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am wondering if I could have just had a 4th packet so I could have at least had something. I genuinely was hungry. Just wondering.

Thanks, again, for your kind words.

GrandmaKiss
06-27-2012, 04:03 PM
I just tried my first soy patty. Not bad, I doctored it up with taco spices and cooked it like ground beef to make a "taco" salad

It was OK, but not as good as hamburger. Then I looked at the Stats.

Cal 120, Carbs 2, Protein 18, fat 2

compareed to 1/4 lb 96/4 hamburger

Cal 142, Carbs 0, Protein 23, fat 5

Better taste, higher protein, lower carb (and 30% of the cost). Is there any reason I wouldn't want to use the hamberger instead? I am not looking to rationalize, just to get a grip on what makes a good meal.

bttrhalf
06-27-2012, 04:11 PM
This morning I sucked in my gut and it MOVED! Usually I suck in my gut and it doesn't move AT ALL.....hooray for my moving-sucky-in-belly!!!!:carrot:

yahoo doing the happy dance with you:carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/slider-hearts/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Dakin
06-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Hola I Peeps!
Week 3 of maintenance weigh in today and.... I hit goal!!!
I truly never thought I'd see under 150 again in this lifetime!
Also, I stumbled upon a picture taken of me at a motorcycle ride last weekend, without my knowledge. I didn't recognize myself at first. I'm thinking of posting it with a before pic, but I know the jeans I was wearing were swimming on me... I think I'd like to take an "after" pic wearing the skinny new size 8's I bought yesterday. I don't really know how to post it tho..... advice is welcome. It says I need a URL... so that means it needs to be online somewhere? I put it on my school website, but it's still not showing. Help?!

http://www.lunenburgonline.com/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectiondetailid=11025&&

mama21
06-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Today was WI 7 - down 19.2 pounds!

I know there is an exercise thread but I don't find it really helpful. After searching numerous websites, I believe I can walk for 30 minutes a day and it should help my weight loss process? I am not doing this through IP so I don't have a coach to ask.

Some people have said they do workout - can anyone please give me some advice/info??

torrihoward
06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
First weigh in today. Down 7 pounds. Good start and it has been fairly easy even though the 1st week is suppose to be most difficult. Excited to keep it going!

wuv2bloved
06-27-2012, 04:19 PM
First weigh in today. Down 7 pounds. Good start and it has been fairly easy even though the 1st week is suppose to be most difficult. Excited to keep it going!
Fantastic job!!...congrats!

evepet
06-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am wondering if I could have just had a 4th packet so I could have at least had something. I genuinely was hungry. Just wondering.

I know it's not the thing to do it too often, but having a 4th packet would be far preferrable to giving in to something off protocol completely. You could also make some sugar-free jello - I try to avoid the aspartame so I buy the Knox gelatin powders and flavor with a few shots of MIO. That produces a nice strongly flavored jello. Or have some dill pickles... or some boiled egg whites... or drink a couple of cups of hot tea and see if the hunger passes.

bttrhalf
06-27-2012, 04:20 PM

a fourth packet would have been fine, my coach has given me extra just in case i have the urge to splurge.:)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/slider-hearts/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Chloe222
06-27-2012, 04:30 PM

JW,
WELCOME to our forum! Looks like you are off to a wonderful start!

Howdy folks - I went to my coach's Phase3/4 workshop last night and am feeling so IP reenergized! She had a Phase1 workshop 2 weeks ago I also attended as a refresher, so it was nice to get the information reinforcement.

Maybe it's the engineer/scientist in me but I like that she explains the biological elements (albeit in a simpler language) of what IP entails regarding glucogenesis and the insulin/glucagon balance (or imbalance) and how it affects fat burning & storage. She also did a good job explaining how the body taps into energy, etc. Especially useful with all the exercise talk and how the body can start burning muscle when needed. Information on pancreas functioning/resting and how the liver is involved with ketosis as well as explaining the enzymatic 'machinery' our body rebuilds as we start up ketosis - also how/why some folks seem to have a harder time than others (some folks do seem to 'drag' out the misery of getting into ketosis that others only have 3-5 days of - insulin resistance).

She also explained how each Phase is designed to focus on a specific 'goal' (1-weight loss, 2-increase calories, 3-introduce carbs&fats/build glycogen stores, 4-maintenance). And also stressed the importance of staying On Plan for each Phase, also why the change from Phase 1 to 90% was made to Phase 1 to 100% goal. And of course, the meal plans for Phase 3 and Phase 4 were covered (and given handouts). I'm not there yet, but it's looking like I'll be approaching goal within a few weeks, so I always want to be prepared!

Liz, You referenced a wonderful list of ideas/concepts that your coach reviewed. Do you think you could pull out the top 3-4 that would be most beneficial to us and let us know exactly what was the info she gave regarding that item? I know it would take time, so if you can't, I completely understand. Wish I was there...did she mention if any of this is also on You Tube? (then maybe the rest of use could see some of it).

Thanks!

mooselover
06-27-2012, 04:39 PM

I know there is an exercise thread but I don't find it really helpful. After searching numerous websites, I believe I can walk for 30 minutes a day and it should help my weight loss process? I am not doing this through IP so I don't have a coach to ask.

Some people have said they do workout - can anyone please give me some advice/info??

It depends on the person. Every week I have tried to exercise, walking or weights, it has caused me to have a 0 loss for 2 weeks. I do much better on the weeks I don't exercise at all. I really miss it, but I want to reach my goal sooner than later!!! You should try it and see how you feel and how your losses go. Then adjust as needed.

mooselover
06-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Has anyone tried to be creative with protein powder? Can you make pancakes or anything out of the EAS or any of those alternative powders people use?

sherrymorss
06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi
I'm going in for my 6th weigh in today. Then my coach is going on vacation for 3 weeks. I think they are going to set me up with a substitute. I'm thinking about going it on my own for those 3 weeks, but am not sure. I don't want to start with a new coach. Starting IP in the first place was tough for me at my weight. I'm so self conscious because I am so big. I guess I will see what they say this afternoon.

Robag
06-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Hi
I'm going in for my 6th weigh in today. Then my coach is going on vacation for 3 weeks. I think they are going to set me up with a substitute. I'm thinking about going it on my own for those 3 weeks, but am not sure. I don't want to start with a new coach. Starting IP in the first place was tough for me at my weight. I'm so self conscious because I am so big. I guess I will see what they say this afternoon.

You should keep going regardless of who is there to coach you. If for anything, get your "official" WI done. A coach for IP is there because they believe in the program, and for the most part, they too are in the IP program. Just my 2 cents. BTW - Good luck with the WI!

newmom7611
06-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Has anyone tried to be creative with protein powder? Can you make pancakes or anything out of the EAS or any of those alternative powders people use?

I tried to make muffins out of the EAS powder and it was terrible! Not only was the flavor awful, the texture was inedible. It made me sad because Iwanted to use the recipes, while saving some moo-lah. I don't know what it is, but those dang IP packets are so delicious and cook up beautifully. I haven't tried the EAS pre made drinks as ice cream yet, but I heard it works! I've been using the IP choc drink, a few drops of alcohol free mint extract, and a couple crumbled choc soy balls--- omg!!! Mint choc chip ice cream! So good! :) good luck!

locopollo
06-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Are there any groups here for people in the 20 pounds to lose category? I've been looking, but haven't stumbled on them if the exist. I am phone posting though.... :rolleyes:

Beck81
06-27-2012, 05:25 PM

I walk 2 to 2.5 miles a day and it hasn't slowed my losses down. I do 20 to 25 min miles, just a nice pace that I don't get too winded.

Beck81
06-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Quick question...anyone get charlie horses? I got a doozy of one four or five days ago and increased my potassium to 2 a day (as per coach's instructions) for three days. Today was the last of the three days, and I got another really bad one today. I bent over to pick up my one year old and it came on so quick and so strong that I thought I seriously injured myself. Now, a few hours later, I still can't walk on it. I can flex and move the muscle while sitting, but can't if I put my weight on it.

Anybody else go through this and/or know what to do about this? BTW, I'm on day 16. Thanks for your help!

Make sure to get enough water and also your salt. I had real jittery legs and some cramps at first. I upped my potassium to 4 of the 3%, 2 at bedtime. I also would drink a few swallows of pickle juice before bed. Apple cider vinegar helps too.

jwdesselle
06-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Well, my first WI was pushed back an hour, but I just got done.

-9lbs and an average of an inch all over! I'm so excited.

I'm adding the inch to the 9 lbs because my partner said he would take me out to Outback if I lost 10lbs or more my first week. :)

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot:

nomoreweight
06-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Make sure to get enough water and also your salt. I had real jittery legs and some cramps at first. I upped my potassium to 4 of the 3%, 2 at bedtime. I also would drink a few swallows of pickle juice before bed. Apple cider vinegar helps too.

Thanks for the tips, Beck! I hadn't been eating the dill pickle I used to eat everyday, so that might do the trick! I get my water and will do a "salt lick" at the end of the day if I didn't get it in earlier. I will ask my coach about more potassium. Thanks!!

GiGiBlue
06-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Happy to have found you! 14 weeks and for the first time, I'm dreading WI on Friday morning. Have done well - 30 lbs. I'm starting to falter...:o...sometimes it's just tough. I'm hoping this forum will help to motivate me. I have really enjoyed all the information and good thoughts you have for each other.

evepet
06-27-2012, 06:22 PM

I'm adding the inch to the 9 lbs because my partner said he would take me out to Outback if I lost 10lbs or more my first week. :)

Hey, Congrats! That's great. Too bad about the 10 lbs loss dinner at Outback though... or did he cave and take you anyway? LOL. Hope so! You deserve it!

bttrhalf
06-27-2012, 06:40 PM

great job you should go out anyway, you deservie it.:D

doing the happy dance with you :carrot::carrot::carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but6/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Robag
06-27-2012, 06:56 PM

Good job man! Keep it up! Here's one for you.:carrot:

LinzVan
06-27-2012, 07:04 PM
I have to say I am new to the forum but I needed to share with someones. I have been on the IP diet for 2.5 weeks now. W1 -6 lbs W2 -10 lbs, I am now in the middle of week 3 (WI on mondays) and I have not lost, I've actually gained 2 pounds and I'm so depressed about it right now because I haven't cheated and I really don't know how I gained 2 lbs. I'm dealing with other stressful things this week as well (school and work) but I'm sorta down to the point where I don't even want to eat anything at all.

Longhorn Energy
06-27-2012, 07:09 PM
So weird stuff going on here...I have struggled with sloooow and low losses for 3 weeks now. I am 100% with the exception of extra protein on occasion, but very rare, and my coach got concerned so we started doing the body compositions twice a week these past 2 weeks...Based on today, I am now showing a trend of losing lean muscle mass, so she has switched me to P2 today for a week, then I will go to P3 for a week, then take a vacation for 2 weeks then back hard on P1 when I return from the US.

So WI sucked for me today as have the past 2 lol: lost 0.5# and 1.5"

4.5# of my last 5 was lean muscle...body fat % has not changed in 3 weeks, but LM is down...So on to P2 and see what happens...

She thinks I may be 'done' but I dont feel I am, and am far from my goal weight by 20#

usmcvet
06-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Hello Everyone

I'm sorta at a loss for words right now..

I just had a Phone Conversation with my Coach and they were less than Supportive to me, Actually Down right Rude to me..

I have been Following the Protocol right to the "T" and only had the One bad day where I Drank a extra RTA Chocolate Drink. They Said: "Drinking that Extra Shake was Just like eating a Candy Bar and if I did not Follow the Protocol I will not lose weight"..

Tomorrow is my Weight in and I really don't want to go...

I'm really thinking about just stopping and going with the Alternative Food's and order them Online..

This is only my 4th day on IP and I refuse to be treated like that from a Coach..

Heck I was afraid to tell her I was putting a Lemon Slice in my Water...

It has already been said but a shake is really nothing. It will not hurt you. Especially if it kept you from eating something off plan.

I am after this tomorrow!

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/100.jpg

Hi there everyone. *I'm feeling pretty excited today. *I go for my first weigh in this afternoon. *Last Wednesday I went for my initial consultation, it was in the afternoon and she weighed me with my clothes on (minus everything in pockets and shoes) and I was 188.5. *This morning, right out of the shower, with way less on I weighed 176.4! *So, this first WI looks pretty promising. **

I can't wait to get my measurements back. *The yucky belly in front of me doesn't look that much different, but it sure feels different.

Kick some but at WI!

Riss is a Hottie, Riss is a Hottie!!!;)

USMCVET - you are doing so great, you add so much to this site. Hope you kick *** at your weigh in tomorrow. *Go for the 120's *awesome. *My scale at home the last few days shows me about 167 so I am dang close and feel great about it. *I am pretty sure last week I was retaining water after staining a retaining wall in close to 100 degree heat. *I drank at least a gallon of water in addition to my usual gallon or so and I was still not peeing much. *WI was the next day and showed a 1.2# loss. *So we will see.

~Jenni *You should feel confident, this is a great program, you can do it. *Glad your dreams have changed. *Today I was driving and realized I skipped lunch, I was a little hungry but I realized I was changing to eating to live not living to eat and looking forward to my next meal. *I feel like I have been freed from an addiction.

Good morning - it's a beautiful morning here again, sunny, birds chirping. *Yesterday morning a doe with 2 tiny fawns walked thru the yard outside my window! *Love the view from my office :)

Riss - you look totally awesome! *And getting so close to goal

Usmc - sending you the proverbial 'fairy dust'. *Can't wait to see the numbers!

I want to share something my primary care doc told me a couple days ago. *First, he is familiar with IP, and is very glad I'm on this program. *Then he asked what my goal weight is. *He said there are new studies that show women that weigh less than 127, regardless of height, have a much higher risk of osteoporosis. *My goal is 135, but told him I may change it to 130 as I get closer (I'm 5'2"). *He said not try to get below 130. * Has anyone else heard this? No but I am glad your MD is on board. *Mine was skeptical until I saw her last week and she saw my 90 + weight loss in just under 3 months. *Thanks for the dust! *I neeed it this week.

Had my WI last night (1 day early should have been tonight) and down -2.5 lbs., I'll take it, that makes a total of 35lbs. in just a little over 2 months. I totally love this program, where else could you lose that kind of weight in such a short amount of time. *
I hope that everyone with WI's this week kicks ###. *Remember keep your eyes on the prize and go for it.

And will someone please send the Whoosh Fairy to usmcvet for his WI, it would be way cool if he could hit the 100 lb. mark this week, keep up the good work usmcvet, you are doing awesome.

Keep on truckin... *Whoo Hoo 35# lost forever

Go pick one of these up to see what you have lost forever.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/35.jpg

Riss; Love love love the new avatar YOU ARE HOT! *

Best of luck on the big 100!! *YOU CAN DO THIS!
! *:cool:

Thank you.

Feeling horrible today. *Late last night I cheated for the first time. *I had been 100% on program for my first 3 1/2 weeks and last night, I blew it. *My sons had friends over all day. *I was making food, putting out snacks, some healthy, some not......taking care of teenagers. *I was never tempted, didn't desire any of what they had, just went through my day eating OP and drinking my water. *Then, last night, as I was sitting with them watching a movie at 11:30pm, I was really hungry. *Normally I would long be asleep so I don't ever know I am hungry at night. *Well, last night since I was awake and hadn't eaten since snack at 7:30, I was genuinely hungry. *I ignored it for a long time, then......I ate some cheese puffs. :mad: Then, I ate some more, then some more. *:mad:I think I ate cheese puffs nonstop for 30 minutes. :mad:

Now, this morning, I feel like I have to start all over *:( *Oh, why did I do that? *I soooo wish I hadn't. *:(

Just had to share because I am so sad right now. *Thanks for listening. *

Lee

Well get back on your IP horse and start riding again. Everyone ,akes mistakes it is what we do after that matters most.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you re tomorrow's WI!! *:carrot: * And I love your NSV. *We all need these compliments in our lives.

Thanks and did I mention she was a hottie! :D. She kept looking at me and said my face looked so different.

Good Morning All!*

Well I got my car back and it didnt cost me an arm and a leg.. so i'm doing my happy dance this morning!*

NSV-Im wearing shorts from when i was in High School so that feels good, but... one of the ladies today at work called me skinny mini and then said i was leggy! LOL I'm 5'4 but have longer legs.. but its funny no one really has noticed until i started losing weight! Love it :) Run way here i come! JK! :D*

I missed my WI yesterday since i had no wheels.. i'm contimplating just going another week and just wait til next Tuesday or go mid week... I will stop in to get food .. but i'm weighing more towards waiting... (bigger numbers LOL)*

Happy Hump Day IP'rs! xo

Awesome getting into old clothes, cookie monster *;)

Good Morning everyone!!

Good Luck to everyone who have upcoming WI's.*

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Heat Index is suppose to be somewhere between 108-114 today. Only in good ole Louisiana!. The first week is tough. Once you get past it it will get easier.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/sliderbug/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/). I've threatened, here to weigh in naked if the scale didn't agree with mine at home. I find 3-4 pounds of my weight is my clothes. But it's also summer!

WI #1 (2nd time around) and I'm down 5.5lbs. I only want to lose 15lbs and hope I can lose the remaining 10 in 2-3weeks.*

Good Morning Everyone!!!. You can do it.

Great posts this morning. *Love all the NSV's!!! *And I am looking forward to all the WI posts later today.

I am so glad my "feelings" are back to normal. *My mind had been messing with me for a few weeks. :devil: *But I got my mind back in the right direction to finish this strong :strong: *I think my DD starting with alternatives on Monday has helped. *I needed to be strong for her. *You have helped me too. *I am so thankful for this forum. *I read it everyday. *:D. Way to go Mom! You're an awesome role model for your daughter.

Howdy folks - I went to my coach's Phase3/4 workshop last night and am feeling so IP reenergized! *She had a Phase1 workshop 2 weeks ago I also attended as a refresher, so it was nice to get the information reinforcement. *

Maybe it's the engineer/scientist in me but I like that she explains the biological elements (albeit in a simpler language) of what IP entails regarding glucogenesis and the insulin/glucagon balance (or imbalance) and how it affects fat burning & storage. *She also did a good job explaining how the body taps into energy, etc. *Especially useful with all the exercise talk and how the body can start burning muscle when needed. *Information on pancreas functioning/resting and how the liver is involved with ketosis as well as explaining the enzymatic 'machinery' our body rebuilds as we start up ketosis - also how/why some folks seem to have a harder time than others (some folks do seem to 'drag' out the misery of getting into ketosis that others only have 3-5 days of - insulin resistance).

She also explained how each Phase is designed to focus on a specific 'goal' (1-weight loss, 2-increase calories, 3-introduce carbs&fats/build glycogen stores, 4-maintenance). *And also stressed the importance of staying On Plan for each Phase, also why the change from Phase 1 to 90% was made to Phase 1 to 100% goal. *And of course, the meal plans for Phase 3 and Phase 4 were covered (and given handouts). *I'm not there yet, but it's looking like I'll be approaching goal within a few weeks, so I always want to be prepared!

You little :devil: - hoping the Whoosh Fairy visits you at WI!! thenks Liz. You're almost there keep going!

Here is week 60 video

Awesome loss good luck at the new job.

I am about to begin a lunch shift in an all you can eat dining hall advising new college students while they eat lunch. This is the first time in direct confrontation with temptation so I am way nervous! I brought my WF salad dressing with me and plan to utilize their well-stocked salad bar. Then I have vanilla pudding waiting for me at home! Oh, and I will be sipping lots of water for the whole two hours.

We are stationed right next to the dessert pastries. Good thing I am Unwavering!

~Jenni. Jenni you can do this. My first week or so was Easter! I didn't eat a damn piece and it was around for weeks.

Hello everyone! I am so excited... 14 lbs in one month on IP! I really actually love this diet because I feel in control, and everyone is proud of me for sticking with it (including myself)!!

I feel the same way. IP has been the tool I needed to take control of my weight and epover eating.

Ticker test

ETA: hey hey hey :D :D

It didn't work dude. *:dizzy:

Hi all. *Glad to see so much good news in here today! *Hope the trends continue for the rest of the week.*

usmc - huge big luck vibes for the 100 are coming your way. *:)

After my big fat zero weigh in last night I'm doing my best to just keep on keepin on. *I'm dedicated to this program and my health and I have to hope that things will improve/pick up again in the not too distant future. *

In other great news, DH crossed the 80lb mark and is now either 10 or 15 lbs away from his goal!!! *So excited for him. *He's doing amazing and the transformation is insane! *He also broke the less than 25% body fat mark today which is just incredible. *It's amazing how hard he's worked. *He was close to 400bs before we met, then lost 90 on his own and now another 90 or 95 on IP. *He's so happy to finally be healthy for, really, the first time ever. *

Awesome. *:). Thank you. Things will improve for you. Awesome news about your husbands success!

This morning I sucked in my gut and it MOVED! *Usually I suck in my gut and it doesn't move AT ALL.....hooray for my moving-sucky-in-belly!!!!:carrot:. Yeah moving bellies.

:) *I sent a message to my coach about the Actifry. *I realllllly want to get one - they look amazing! - and will be interested to see what she has to say!

Yeah I bet Longhorns owns stock. I am looking at one too!

Well NSV driving home tonight. I drive a Chevy silverado and tonight I looked down and saw 3 or 4 inches of space between my belly and the steering wheel. That is pretty huge for me because my belly used to rub/touch the wheel. I actually looked at it about a dozen times in disbelief on the drive home!

I also came across a survival bracelet in a desk drawer at work today. It was still in the package. I intended to return it for a larger size. We had a flood on Auguts 28th last year and it was packed up and forgotten until today. I am wearing it and it is loose! Sweet!!!

evepet
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
I have to say I am new to the forum but I needed to share with someones. I have been on the IP diet for 2.5 weeks now. W1 -6 lbs W2 -10 lbs, I am now in the middle of week 3 (WI on mondays) and I have not lost, I've actually gained 2 pounds and I'm so depressed about it right now because I haven't cheated and I really don't know how I gained 2 lbs. I'm dealing with other stressful things this week as well (school and work) but I'm sorta down to the point where I don't even want to eat anything at all.

Your weight can go up and down through the week. Happens to us all. If you're going to get worried and frustrated if/when you see a weight gain, then you should stay off the scale between WIs. Your first 2 WIs have been great...and you say you're in the middle of Week 3. A lot can happen between here and your WI day. Have faith. Stay 100% and keep on truckin'. And remember that obsessing over it just increases your stress which creates more cortisol in your body which makes it more difficult to loose those pounds. Stay 100% and keep on going. Each what the plan tells you to eat and stay off the scale!

usmcvet
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Are there any groups here for people in the 20 pounds to lose category? I've been looking, but haven't stumbled on them if the exist. I am phone posting though.... :rolleyes:

Awesome!

Happy to have found you! 14 weeks and for the first time, I'm dreading WI on Friday morning. Have done well - 30 lbs. I'm starting to falter...:o...sometimes it's just tough. I'm hoping this forum will help to motivate me. I have really enjoyed all the information and good thoughts you have for each other.
you can work through this. We are all here for you!
You've gotta feed the fire to keep your motor running. Stick with it.
So weird stuff going on here...I have struggled with sloooow and low losses for 3 weeks now. I am 100% with the exception of extra protein on occasion, but very rare, and my coach got concerned so we started doing the body compositions twice a week these past 2 weeks...Based on today, I am now showing a trend of losing lean muscle mass, so she has switched me to P2 today for a week, then I will go to P3 for a week, then take a vacation for 2 weeks then back hard on P1 when I return from the US.

So WI sucked for me today as have the past 2 lol: lost 0.5# and 1.5"

4.5# of my last 5 was lean muscle...body fat % has not changed in 3 weeks, but LM is down...So on to P2 and see what happens...

She thinks I may be 'done' but I dont feel I am, and am far from my goal weight by 20#

Well you've done great brother!

LinzVan
06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks Yall, I will endeavor to stay off the scale and stick with it.

Best thing to do, ....I'm just going to go pack up the scale in the closet in a box, inside another box....lol

mompattie
06-27-2012, 07:58 PM

YOU GIT THIS BUDDY!! That 100 is yours tomorrow!!!!

Lee

Just get back on that proverbial horse and forgive yourself. It happens, they key is to get back on track and don't dwell on it. Beating yourself up isn't gang to help, you can do this. Repeat after me: cheating is not an option. Cheating is not an option. Hugs!!!

Hola I Peeps!
Also, I stumbled upon a picture taken of me at a motorcycle ride last weekend, without my knowledge. I didn't recognize myself at first. I'm thinking of posting it with a before pic, but I know the jeans I was wearing were swimming on me... I think I'd like to take an "after" pic wearing the skinny new size 8's I bought yesterday. I don't really know how to post it tho..... advice is welcome. It says I need a URL... so that means it needs to be online somewhere? I put it on my school website, but it's still not showing. Help?!

http://www.lunenburgonline.com/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectiondetailid=11025&&

Congrats on getting your goal!!!!!!!

Fabulous!!!!

Fab dahling fab!!!! Enjoy your meal out!

Chloe222
06-27-2012, 08:03 PM
You and your husband have done so very well!! Very happy for you.

Actifry is a...Uhmmm...I dont know wtf it is but basically it turns out food similar to deep fried, without frying or using oil...They say a teaspoon of oil, but we never use any. They sell them everywhere, WallyWorld, Can Tire, Zellers, Bay, etc...Check around though the pricing is all over the place. Here is a link for it: http://www.tefal.com/All+Products/Co...ry/Actifry.htm

The actifry is interesting. Read some of the reviews on Amazon which indicated the cooking results were fine but in general, many felt the product quality was poor; cracks in the plastic seemed to emerge within a few months. I want this but don't want to purchase it if it will start cracking within a few months. How has yours held up?

Stefany1769
06-27-2012, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=julied31;4385547]

[QUOTE]

Thanks :p I am just so disappointed in myself. This morning I have been totally dragging and I know last night is why.
Your encouragement means everything. :)

Everyone else is right, dont beat yourself up about it! :hug:
I just wanted to tell you what my coach told me and you might ask your coach if this is how she would like you to do it. We are supposed to eat every four hours if you are up late and another four hours goes by eat another non-restricted packet. Hope this helps. :)

Chloe222
06-27-2012, 08:08 PM
:) I sent a message to my coach about the Actifry. I realllllly want to get one - they look amazing! - and will be interested to see what she has to say!

Please let us know what she has to say, very interested also. Wouldn't it be amazing to have "fried" foods that weren't bad for you?

rissimo
06-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Thank you you guys!! Vet your such a boost to someones ego!! The haircut was a spur of the moment thing. But she did not cut if right and it did not look tto good. My hairdresser, who is my next door neighbor, came over after work and fixed the botched up job that was done. She said that is what I get for cheating on my hairdresser and if I ever do it again she will not so graciously fix my hair. So, I'll have to take another picture and post it in the morning. Again, Thank you all, you know how to make someone feel so much better.

usmcvet
06-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Thank you you guys!! Vet your such a boost to someones ego!! The haircut was a spur of the moment thing. But she did not cut if right and it did not look tto good. My hairdresser, who is my next door neighbor, came over after work and fixed the botched up job that was done. She said that is what I get for cheating on my hairdresser and if I ever do it again she will not so graciously fix my hair. So, I'll have to take another picture and post it in the morning. Again, Thank you all, you know how to make someone feel so much better.

I'm a flirt for sure but really I looked at your photo and did a double take. The change is wonderful! You should pat yourself on the back!

foxxybrown
06-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Alright!!! So, WI# (I lost count)... and I have lost 3.6 lbs!!! 27 pounds down!! Whoo-hoo!!!

mtnsun4
06-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Hello all! I am back from my Alaskan cruise. :) I had an awesome time! It was great time spent with my DH and his family. I miss it so much! But, back to the daily grind. I have been 100% OP since my return and feeling good.

Our state is on fire- please send your prayers. I have many friends that have been evacuated, and many possibly losing their homes. It has been a stressful week returning back to work because I am constantly on edge wondering if everyone is ok in the mountains. So very horrible!

Chloe222
06-27-2012, 08:44 PM

~Jenni

Great goin' Jenni!!

All my "guilty" dreams seem to be of food anymore, so sorry Rob Lowe :o

Today was WI 4 and I lost 2.5 pounds for a total of 16.75. My email to my coach last week about not being average seems to have worked and she was quite full of praise. I just bought a bunch of alternative from Nashua and am still considering going solo. According to the tape measure of doom, my hips and waiste gained an inch this week which is beyond weird because I've had to get out my smaller jeans.

Sounds like your a tape measure problem...you probably lost an inch or two! Enjoy wearing them!

A 4th packet, in times of duress, is better than anything off program. I use a 100 cal shake (3 g carb, 1 g fat) as my extra pkt when I work out and can have that extra bit!

Hola I Peeps!

Way to go Dakin!! Congrats!!

I've been using the IP choc drink, a few drops of alcohol free mint extract, and a couple crumbled choc soy balls--- omg!!! Mint choc chip ice cream! So good! :) good luck!

Hi Newmom, Would you post your particular ice cream? Thanks!

Makes complete sense to me! Enjoy that dinner!!

Welcome Gigi!
Yes, it can get tough. Thankfully we have this forum to help us through! Look forward to seeing you on the board. Hang with us and lose all the weight.

I gained weight twice and it's horrible but mine happened because I was not 100% OP then. However, tomorrow is another day and you'll feel better, the scale will move during the next week if you stay on program, guaranteed. The program works. And sometimes the body just needs a little time to recalibrate to its new weight.

jcjnjj
06-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks Yall, I will endeavor to stay off the scale and stick with it.

Best thing to do, ....I'm just going to go pack up the scale in the closet in a box, inside another box....lol

You could freeze it too.

Darralyn
06-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Hello all! I am back from my Alaskan cruise. :) I had an awesome time! It was great time spent with my DH and his family. I miss it so much! But, back to the daily grind. I have been 100% OP since my return and feeling good.

Our state is on fire- please send your prayers. I have many friends that have been evacuated, and many possibly losing their homes. It has been a stressful week returning back to work because I am constantly on edge wondering if everyone is ok in the mountains. So very horrible!

I am praying for your state; I am very sorry about the huge fire!! God bless all those who have had to evacuate or are threatend by the fire. :cry:

LizRR
06-27-2012, 09:40 PM
I just tried my first soy patty. Not bad, I doctored it up with taco spices and cooked it like ground beef to make a "taco" salad

It was OK, but not as good as hamburger. Then I looked at the Stats.

Cal 120, Carbs 2, Protein 18, fat 2

compareed to 1/4 lb 96/4 hamburger

Cal 142, Carbs 0, Protein 23, fat 5

Better taste, higher protein, lower carb (and 30% of the cost). Is there any reason I wouldn't want to use the hamberger instead? I am not looking to rationalize, just to get a grip on what makes a good meal.

This is paraphrased from my paperwork at consultation: a typical 100g piece of meat contains ~65g water, 20g connective tissue and fat, and ~15g protein. Your body assimilates about 10g of the 15g protein. The IP foods are high biological value protein foods, your body assimilates almost all of it. They are designed to have the highest absorbable protein with the least amount of calories.

My coach rattled them off the top of her head, but all except the collagen products (raspberry jelly & cran granata drink) have 8 'types' of protein and amino acids. I try not to think about it too much and just follow the sheet. The 900 calories we are on need to pack as much protein punch as possible, I pay $4/pack to have it done for me.

Hola I Peeps!

Congratulations on making goal! That is awesome!

Liz, You referenced a wonderful list of ideas/concepts that your coach reviewed. Do you think you could pull out the top 3-4 that would be most beneficial to us and let us know exactly what was the info she gave regarding that item? I know it would take time, so if you can't, I completely understand. Wish I was there...did she mention if any of this is also on You Tube? (then maybe the rest of use could see some of it).
!

I will go through my notes tonight after the kid knocks out.

DanafromAustin
06-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Hola I Peeps!
Whoo Hoo!!! A big... :congrat:

Happy to hear you enjoyed your cruise and you're back on plan. Sending lots of good wishes to those with houses in danger in CO.

WingnutandMe
06-27-2012, 09:47 PM

Having lived in Southern California for lots of years (some time ago), I know how awful the fires are. We had one come within a quarter mile of our house. You all have my prayers.

Here it is again my bedtime. I get through all the posts and other threads and there's no time. Just wanted to say hi. Tomorrow night we leave for our trip to our Michigan cottage. Already have all my food packed (took some organization to get food for 10 days). Will be depending again on Subways for my on the road meals. Bars will go in DH's cooler with his Mtn Dew (he's an addict). Almost was going to have to drive a second car and was panicking on what to do with the salads I normal eat while DH drives. Got a reprieve.

Will have lots of double meal cooking up there. DH's son and maybe his daughter will be coming. I've gotten used to that with my "can eat anything" DH.

Can't wait to get away. I plan to just vegetate and stare at the lake for long periods of time. My work is so stressful.

Everyone stay OP and I'll be checking in occasionally with the Netbook on the road.

Molly

WingnutandMe
06-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Dana,

Good to finally put a face to the name. You look great.

Molly

mompattie
06-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Agreed. Dana you are beautiful!!! So nice to see you!!

locopollo
06-27-2012, 10:12 PM

Hey mtnsun4, I'm in Denver. The fires are horrible! I can't believe there are so many. :mad: I hope the little break on temperature helps. I wish we'd get some rain without lightening. :(

fam4me
06-27-2012, 10:24 PM
WI tonight and down another 2 pounds. Inches stayed the same, but I'll still take it. Going with my husband's family to a Milwaukee Brewer game this weekend (about 25 of us or so) so bought some RTD vanilla and chocolate to make the travel easier. Will probably miss next week's WI, but plan on staying OP.

GrandmaKiss
06-27-2012, 10:51 PM

Congratulations on your first week loss. That is incredible. Hope you and your partner have a nice dinner. I'm still scared to eat out.

This group is my life line. Thirty pounds is amazing and certainly worth the tough stuff. Keep up the great work.

Water, water, everywhere. You must be retaining. The scale only tells how much your body weighs at that exact moment in time, it doesn't tell you if you are lossing fat or inches.

Do this experiment. Weigh your self. Go guzzle a quart of water. Weigh yourself again. Then ask, have I really gained 2 pounds? Wait a couple of hours for the water to work its way through your urinary tract. Weigh yourself again. Then ask have I really LOST 2 pounds. The answer to both these questions are NO. Scales are great for seeing long term trends, but the margin of error is too big for daily checking.

WI tonight and down another 2 pounds. Inches stayed the same, but I'll still take it. Going with my husband's family to a Milwaukee Brewer game this weekend (about 25 of us or so) so bought some RTD vanilla and chocolate to make the travel easier. Will probably miss next week's WI, but plan on staying OP.

Good planning. I bet you will do great.

I have a fun-house scale at my house. lean one way you gain a pound, lean the other you lose. Stand on tippy toe in the front and you can lose 8 pounds, but move the scale to the otherside of the bathroom and you are 10 lbs over. Crazy. So today I got on the scale (first time since last week, I always like to know what to expect at the weigh in. The scale said 132. Now look to the left. Last week I was 293 and while I've been 100% and my losses have been a little slow, I know good and well I did not lose 161 pounds this week. Turns out hubs, to play a trick on me, adjusted the scale to measure kg. It was then that I realized I really want to turn my pounds into kg I started out at 139 kg and my doc says my goal should be 140 pounds.

My new tag line: Pounds to Kilos, going metric in 2012.

Thanks for all the support, I love you guys.

GGee
06-27-2012, 10:54 PM

Does it make you crazy? If not, how do you deal? Any advice. I lost only 1.3lbs but supposedly 6". It must be due to the difference of my clothes. The week before I lost 5lbs, but I always hope for an average of 3lbs a week. It's maddening! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

GGee
06-27-2012, 10:57 PM

Congratulations!! That is amazing!!!:carrot:

usmcvet
06-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Dankin, way to go Teach! You hit goal. Wicked Awesome. That's my attempt at a MA accent. See you in August, skinny.

Kaypix
06-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better and that there is light at the end of the tunnel for ya! :D Quick question... what do you order at BWW? I love that place too!
I have a PDF from them that lists the sauce values. I don't' stress over fat since I'm all alternative, but I have 10 traditional wings with spicy garlic, a big ol side salad and a few cups of ranch dressing. When I have this I skip my meat at dinner.

Hola I Peeps!
Also, I stumbled upon a picture taken of me at a motorcycle ride last weekend, without my knowledge. I didn't recognize myself at first. I'm thinking of posting it with a before pic, but I know the jeans I was wearing were swimming on me... I think I'd like to take an "after" pic wearing the skinny new size 8's I bought yesterday. I don't really know how to post it tho..... advice is welcome. It says I need a URL... so that means it needs to be online somewhere? I put it on my school website, but it's still not showing.
Hey Dakin :) If you have a picture up on the school website, right click and "Copy picture URL" then paste that # into the picture field on this forum :) Or make a photo bucket account (that's what I did) and keep all your pictures there.

I have GNC powder , the only things I've done are ice cream, shakes, frappaccino and hot cocoa, the EAS I use with my coffee.

First, keep eating. Second, stop weighing daily if it stresses you out, the stress makes your body produce cortisol which can slow weight loss. Also, the weight change can happen to the best of us on any given day regardless of how good we are, so don't think too much of it.

ChaloJ
06-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Congrats to Dakin!

And Dana, you are beautiful. :queen:

Soooo, my daughter is baking cookies for a fundraiser. She is famous for her awesome Ch*******Ch**Cookies. (bleeped out) I'm telling you, there are over 300 cookies in my kitchen and my house smells amazing. :chef::cookie::faint:

It's not that I really want to eat them. For the most part, I have not felt too tempted on this diet, but every now and then I am seized with a hankering after the *texture* of something. Does that makes sense? It's actually pretty amazing that these are not bothering me more since I used to be able to down a dozen over the course of an evening. Bless you, IP!

I think I am going to bed early tonight!

LizRR
06-27-2012, 11:52 PM

Stressing this was my coach's personal presentation she put together augmented with IP Phase 3/4 handouts. I love my coach and clinic and have been angered by a few threads recently where it sounds like some folks have awful support. It's a shame because as much as this forum helps, I think the face to face coaching is a special aspect of accountability and potential knowledge that other programs are lacking. But I digress...

I took notes, but please remember I am human so take it as the 3rd hand information it is...she illustrated 3 basic 'tanks' of energy we can tap into: 1-sugar, 2-muscle/organs, 3-fat. The fat is normally 'locked', as we cut out the sugar (and lower our insulin production) and move into ketosis our body puts in 'enzymatic machinery' needed where in our liver fat is converted to ketones, which in turn is then turned into glucose (glucogenesis). Glucagon is the opposite of insulin, its the hormone that stimulates the glucogenesis, essentially raising blood sugar levels. If we burn through the glucose reserves created from ketones and need the quick energy and can't get through the process of ketosis & glucogenesis that's when the muscle burning occurs. Spellcheck and it's much clearer on the whiteboard!

Resting/resetting of the pancreas is key to Phase 1 as insulin production is a major player with fat storage and blood sugar dips that trigger cravings. After a long time of high sugar diets it can start to really pump out insulin. The idea is to let it rest and let it restart and function properly.

Also regarding the phases, Phase 1 is focused on weight loss at ~900 calories to 100% goal, Phase 2 is focused on gradually increasing calories as you substitute an IP packet for a protein at ~1100 calories for 2 weeks, Phase 3 is focused in replenishing your glycogen reserves with the introduction of complex carbs & fat taking away another IP packet at ~1500 calories at 2 weeks rebooting the pancreas and starting the transition from loss to maintenance, and Phase 4 is maintenance at ~2000-2600 calories for life!

She reiterated several times how the phases are done to avoid the body seeing extra calories, sugar, etc as "UFO"s and storing the feast instead of burning the energy. She covered problem foods (alcohol, nuts, dried fruit, juices) and bad eating behaviors (eating while standing/driving/bored/lonely/angry, skipping/waiting too long to eat, not enough water, failing to plan/ID weaknesses). Also the importance of staying in contact with the clinic throughout maintenance, keeping track of your weight, and exercise when you reach Phase 4.

Kaypix
06-27-2012, 11:52 PM
hey everyone, made SERIOUS progress on the bike tonight, found out I need to add paint to the air box cover but it is coming along, the wiring is done for the electrical (blinkers) on the back, as well as the digital gauge, and the engine turns over which are all great signs.

So here is the bike at this point: https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/426113_10150888005150872_894653305_n.jpg

And here is what it started as: https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/264459_10150216921240872_6672379_n.jpg

GGee
06-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Stressing this was my coach's personal presentation she put together augmented with IP Phase 3/4 handouts. I love my coach and clinic and have been angered by a few threads recently where it sounds like some folks have awful support. It's a shame because as much as this forum helps, I think the face to face coaching is a special aspect of accountability and potential knowledge that other programs are lacking. But I digress...

I took notes, but please remember I am human so take it as the 3rd hand information it is...she illustrated 3 basic 'tanks' of energy we can tap into: 1-sugar, 2-muscle/organs, 3-fat. The fat is normally 'locked', as we cut out the sugar (and lower our insulin production) and move into ketosis our body puts in 'enzymatic machinery' needed where in our liver fat is converted to ketones, which in turn is then turned into glucose (glucogenesis). Glucagon is the opposite of insulin, its the hormone that stimulates the glucogenesis, essentially raising blood sugar levels. If we burn through the glucose reserves created from ketones and need the quick energy and can't get through the process of ketosis & glucogenesis that's when the muscle burning occurs. Spellcheck and it's much clearer on the whiteboard!

Resting/resetting of the pancreas is key to Phase 1 as insulin production is a major player with fat storage and blood sugar dips that trigger cravings. After a long time of high sugar diets it can start to really pump out insulin. The idea is to let it rest and let it restart and function properly.

Also regarding the phases, Phase 1 is focused on weight loss at ~900 calories to 100% goal, Phase 2 is focused on gradually increasing calories as you substitute an IP packet for a protein at ~1100 calories for 2 weeks, Phase 3 is focused in replenishing your glycogen reserves with the introduction of complex carbs & fat taking away another IP packet at ~1500 calories at 2 weeks rebooting the pancreas and starting the transition from loss to maintenance, and Phase 4 is maintenance at ~2000-2600 calories for life!

She reiterated several times how the phases are done to avoid the body seeing extra calories, sugar, etc as "UFO"s and storing the feast instead of burning the energy. She covered problem foods (alcohol, nuts, dried fruit, juices) and bad eating behaviors (eating while standing/driving/bored/lonely/angry, skipping/waiting too long to eat, not enough water, failing to plan/ID weaknesses). Also the importance of staying in contact with the clinic throughout maintenance, keeping track of your weight, and exercise when you reach Phase 4.

Thanks for the easy to understand explanation!

GGee
06-28-2012, 12:06 AM
hey everyone, made SERIOUS progress on the bike tonight, found out I need to add paint to the air box cover but it is coming along, the wiring is done for the electrical (blinkers) on the back, as well as the digital gauge, and the engine turns over which are all great signs.

So here is the bike at this point: https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/426113_10150888005150872_894653305_n.jpg

And here is what it started as: https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/264459_10150216921240872_6672379_n.jpg

NICE BIKE!!!

vovo
06-28-2012, 01:43 AM
First weigh-in: 5lbs!
Reduced:1/2" in neck; 1" in shoulders; 1.5" in waist; 2" from hips; 2" from thigh, 1/2" from calves.

Woooo!

Longhorn Energy
06-28-2012, 02:39 AM

Hey the bike looks killer. I have a tiny bit of constructive criticism. Under the tank is a small plastic tank, maybe a coolant tank. It needs to be blacked out too. Other than that, i love it!! I have customized a couple mountain sleds but after seeing your bike I am thinking maybe a bike build would be so fun.

GGee
06-28-2012, 03:26 AM
First weigh-in: 5lbs!
Reduced:1/2" in neck; 1" in shoulders; 1.5" in waist; 2" from hips; 2" from thigh, 1/2" from calves.

Woooo!

Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!:carrot: