Old 06-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #1  
Mother/Daughter team

S/C/G: hw292 rsw265 cw252 gw180

Height: 5'9

Wink It's good to be back

With you guys! After losing 103lbs in 2009/2010 I found out I was expecting a baby due in Sept 2011. It was a rough and hard pregnancy. Gained back almost everything I'd lost and I was devistated. I'm finally ready to embark on this adventure to get this gross fat off of me. (And best thing is I can't have anymore surprise babies!!) I'm not alone doing it this time though because my 16ys old daughter is going to be doing this with me. She's got a good 55-60lbs to lose. Well thats what she had to lose before she went to fl to spend time with her grandparents and birth mother. I can't wait for her to get back July 14th!! I hope to be down atleast 15lbs then and I'm almost there, just 8lbs more to go!
Scilla90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #2  

WB Scilla
I'm losing weight for July 14 too. That's the day I leave for vacation. Best of luck!
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 279/223/132

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, I'm returning after regaining also. I think it's cool you'll have your daughter as a weightloss buddy. All my friends and family are thin I'm the designated fattie. So at least you'll have someone who understands along for the journey. You've done it before, you can again.
healthyginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #4  
Mother/Daughter team

Yes and I'm excited for her to be doing it with me too. She just doesnt know it yet

And yup! I did it before and I WILL do it again
Old 06-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scilla90 View Post
She just doesnt know it yet
I'm confused- did she tell you she is trying to lose weight and you haven't told her about your plans to join her? Or did you just decide for her that she going to lose weight with you?
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome back! There are a number of us who regained and are losing it again. The good thing is that we know that we have done it before so we can do it again.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #7  
Mother/Daughter team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
I'm confused- did she tell you she is trying to lose weight and you haven't told her about your plans to join her? Or did you just decide for her that she going to lose weight with you?
She knows nothing about my plans for US. I know how that sounds, but its not what you think. She's been complaining to me for a while that she wants to lose weight and wants to exercise, etc. She's seen me lose over 100lbs and knows that I know what I'm doing.

I, up until recently, wasn't mentally ready to start the process again. Now that I am, I know she'll be excited about this. So nox I'm not 'forcing' her to lose weight, if thats,what you're thinking.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #8  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scilla90 View Post
She knows nothing about my plans for US. I know how that sounds, but its not what you think. She's been complaining to me for a while that she wants to lose weight and wants to exercise, etc. She's seen me lose over 100lbs and knows that I know what I'm doing.

I, up until recently, wasn't mentally ready to start the process again. Now that I am, I know she'll be excited about this. So nox I'm not 'forcing' her to lose weight, if thats,what you're thinking.
I, too, saw my mom lose a lot of weight when I was a teen.

Just because she's been complaining about her weight though doesn't necessarily mean she's mentally and emotionally ready to do it. It's a lot for a 16 year old to handle. Going through the process myself as a twentysomething I know that there's no way I could have handled it as a teen.

The best thing my mom did for me when I was 16 was take me to a supportive gym and go to group fitness classes with me. I've been going to the same gym ever since. Eight years later I'm thin and fit.

She never mentioned weight loss and just made it about getting healthier. I stuck with it even though It took me YEARS to get below 200lbs. Last year I started eating healthier at 182lbs and because I had already made exercise a habit it was honestly a lot easier than it could have been to lose the weight because I wasn't changing so much at once.

Sure, it took me nearly 8 years to get to this point, but it's better than never getting there at all

I found that my family was inspired by my own success and I wasn't pushing them to do any of it. I just kept doing my own thing and eventually it became obvious I was losing weight. Now my whole family is on the bandwagon and I never mentioned weight loss to any of them.

I think leading by example is very, very powerful and much more effective than trying to lead someone there intentionally.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

So glad you are back. We have all had our ups and downs with weight.... But - it should be encouraging to know that you have done it in the past. Dig your heals in and move forward.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #10  
Mother/Daughter team

Ok, well all I can say is I know the conversations me & her has had. I'm not forcing her!!! She wants a leader because she doesn't know what shes doing! If people take offence to what I'm doing, for me & her, I don't care! They simply don't understand whats going on apparently. She does care and I'm being there for her, just like she WANTS me to.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #11  
Mother/Daughter team

Its feeling so good Beverly to see the # on the scale going down. I was really depressed after the preg/weight gain... It tok me forever to get my willpower back. I'm making this fun, just like I did before. I'm already seeing results