South Beach Diet - watermelon

View Full Version : watermelon

irinaelenav
06-26-2012, 09:44 AM
i was thinking the other day: is it wrong from time to time to eat watermelo for breakfast in this diet fase 2??? it is wrong i say but i have to ask ty:devil:

CatMat
06-26-2012, 10:51 AM
As in - JUST watermelon? Or watermelon in addition to eggs, greek yogurt, or something like that?

irinaelenav
06-26-2012, 10:56 AM
as in just watermelon

CyndiM
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Personally I would never suggest eating just fruit for breakfast. Your blood sugar will spike then drop and you are likely to find yourself hungry and craving by midmorning. Also watermelon is considered too high glycemic index for South Beach so isn't recommended at all.

irinaelenav
06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
i read about watermelon that it is recomended to be eaten rarely but rarely how can i eat it? as snack? i really enjoy eating watermelon but i havent touched it since i started SBD

CyndiM
06-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Personally, and this is just my opinion, I'd suggest trying a little then watching how your body reacts. I actually do eat watermelon because although it is high GI it is low glycemic load, that means you actually have to eat quite a bit to get much sugar. I've eaten half a small melon without problems, not something I can do with bananas or even cherries. That said this plan is based on the glycemic index so YMMV (your mileage may vary).

irinaelenav
06-26-2012, 12:27 PM
ty for the answer i love u guys