Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/192/140

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up take 2.

Hello all. I came on here a number of times a few months ago and then got myself into a mess to say the least -_-but I'm back now and visiting 3FC again aswell! I can't seem to be able to quit soda for good! Despite the great results I see when I'm on the right path. Gr. I'm switching to diet when the cravings get strong and I do decide to indulge. If only I could make my man more active! hehe. Today is day 1 of me making him come for a stroll with me. I hope to create some good routine this time around! My goal is to slim down for my 21st birthday and my soon to be husband.
Miss LunaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #2  

Height: 5'1

Hey and welcome back

As someone who would drink soft drinks often enough, I can relate to you on that one. Unfortunately I couldn't switch to the diet ones because of the taste - I just didn't like it. I switched to water and drink water all the time now but I live by "everything is good in moderation". So if I want to have a bottle of coke or 7up, I will have it. If I was to restrict myself, I know there would be a day when I would drink an awful lot of the drinks. I am lucky enough to have been able to switch from soft drinks to water easily. I can see how tough it could be. In my opinion, switching to diet is better than drinking regular. There are way less calories and less sugar in the diet. If you can achieve that, well done to you It's like a drug, due to the caffeine. Try to ween yourself off the soda though will probably take some time. Do you like water? Or even flavoured water? That could give you the kick you get from the sugar in soda but not as bad for you!

I started on June 1st and slowly gave up due to daily way ins and calorie counting. It gave me a lot of demotivation so I've decided to stay away from the two. I know what I should and shouldn't be eating and I will probably weight myself only once a week. I've also created a new exercise plan starting slow and moving upwards (Walking from 2 miles to 5 miles) I see this as a good motivator, setting mini goals along the way. For example, I would like to lose 4lbs by 22nd of July. I feel like it helps me. I can work towards the mini goals and before I know it, I'll get to my actual goal not even realising it. Try setting out some mini goals you could like to achieve. It doesn't have to be "I want to lose Xlbs by X date". It could be how many times you will work out during the week or something else. Also, creating a plan for yourself may help you out.

Best of luck and I'm sure you'll look smashing by the time you turn 21!
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote