Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 06/26/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 06/26/12

rissimo
06-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

rissimo
06-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Good Morning IP Losers:

Looks like it is going to be another BEAUTIFUL day here in East Tennessee, I'm so loving this hot weather. Well the Woosh Fairy did not visit me this morning, the GAIN fairy got me, I'm up 2 pounds.:o I'm getting a little tired of the roller coaster ride. But hey, I'm healthier now than I was this time last year and I am so thankful for that. So, since I'm up this week it is definatly time for "BOOTCAMP" so I am starting that this morning. We shall see what happens next week.

DH started the plan last Monday for diabetics, on Wednesday night his sugars plummited and he was not able to move, so I had to go get him something to bring it back up. He called the doctor Thursday morning and they cut his pills from 4 a day to 2 a day. His sugars have been wonderful since abnd his blood pressure has been great as well. He is to call doc back today and let him know what his sugars have been and maybe he will cut even more out. He has lost 10 pounds so far. We shall see what they day shall bring.

Congratulations to all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day.

Endless Dieter
06-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Good Morning To All,

Congrats to all. Been in maintance for three months and still losing. Love IP...

dizzyjean
06-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Good Morning IP Losers:

Looks like it is going to be another BEAUTIFUL day here in East Tennessee, I'm so loving this hot weather. Well the Woosh Fairy did not visit me this morning, the GAIN fairy got me, I'm up 2 pounds.:o I'm getting a little tired of the roller coaster ride. But hey, I'm healthier now than I was this time last year and I am so thankful for that. So, since I'm up this week it is definatly time for "BOOTCAMP" so I am starting that this morning. We shall see what happens next week.

DH started the plan last Monday for diabetics, on Wednesday night his sugars plummited and he was not able to move, so I had to go get him something to bring it back up. He called the doctor Thursday morning and they cut his pills from 4 a day to 2 a day. His sugars have been wonderful since abnd his blood pressure has been great as well. He is to call doc back today and let him know what his sugars have been and maybe he will cut even more out. He has lost 10 pounds so far. We shall see what they day shall bring.

Congratulations to all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day.

Rissimo-
You are getting pretty close to you goal, I'm excited for you! That roller coaster of gains and losses is trying! Glad DH is joining you on this trip. He will be so much healthier when his sugars calm down. Thanks for sharing.
dzzyjean

PhoenixRisingAgain
06-26-2012, 09:16 AM
May I jump right in? After literally reading hundreds of posts in this subforum, today is Day 2 for me, using alternatives. I am inspired by so many of you here who are having great success...I plan to join you!

Right now I don't really have any questions, because I've read so many threads here, they all pretty much got answered!

Todays plan: (B) coffee, chocolate RTD; (L) leftover baked chicken, broccoli and a vanilla RTD; (D) grilled turkey burger and spinach; (S) protein bar; water water water

So how does that look for a newbie?

MustangMolly
06-26-2012, 09:22 AM
I have a wicked summer cold and am wondering what anyone has found that we can safely use as a throat lozenge. I'm about to float away from drinking so much hot tea...it feels great but I need something else to soothe my throat.
Thanks!

wuv2bloved
06-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Good morning, Up bright and early, I have a busy day today. First day at the clinic, starting at 10, don't know how long I will be there. While I am there my son will start moving out stuff into the new apartment so I won't be around much today but I will try to check in later :)

Dakin
06-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Good Morning IP Losers:

Riss, I did the same thing as I neared goal. Hang in there. You have a great attitude about it! Sending positive vibes your way for hubby and figuring out what's best for him now.

May I jump right in? After literally reading hundreds of posts in this subforum, today is Day 2 for me, using alternatives. I am inspired by so many of you here who are having great success...I plan to join you!

Right now I don't really have any questions, because I've read so many threads here, they all pretty much got answered!

Todays plan: (B) coffee, chocolate RTD; (L) leftover baked chicken, broccoli and a vanilla RTD; (D) grilled turkey burger and spinach; (S) protein bar; water water water

Welcome Phoenix! These boards are great, and personally I learned much much more here than from my coach! The only admonition I have is to be sure your protein amounts are within guidelines. When I was on phase I, I only used 1 oz protein with lunch (one slice of ham in my salad) and the rest at dinner. My coach advised against splitting protein, but I know many have posted that their coaches say it's ok. Good luck with your journey!

I have a wicked summer cold and am wondering what anyone has found that we can safely use as a throat lozenge. I'm about to float away from drinking so much hot tea...it feels great but I need something else to soothe my throat.
Thanks!
Hello Molly! Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to say hello! I haven't "talked" to you in a little while. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Good morning, Up bright and early, I have a busy day today. First day at the clinic, starting at 10, don't know how long I will be there. While I am there my son will start moving out stuff into the new apartment so I won't be around much today but I will try to check in later :)
Wuv! I'm so happy for you! I wish you were going to be my coach! lol Good luck today!

Ticiabean
06-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Today is my first week's official WI and I'm down 6lbs!!! Have a great day everyone!

aimeed3
06-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi! Can I join in on this thread?
As of last night (well started this morning) I am an official IP'er. I'm excited and scared at the same time. LOL

This morning I had the Crispy cereal. When I read on the package that you had to add water to it I was horrified. thinking to myself that I CANNOT eat cereal with water. I was glad when I opened the package to see a powdered "milk" in it. HAHA.

Hope everyone had a great OP day!! :)

missmax
06-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi. I started Ip on May 15th. I have lost 24 pounds. I am going on vacation for 2 weeks and then I will be taking my son to college and will be gone for a week. Not sure what to do when I am away. I am thinking about doing atkins and then when I return going back on IP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

aimeed3
06-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi. I started Ip on May 15th. I have lost 24 pounds. I am going on vacation for 2 weeks and then I will be taking my son to college and will be gone for a week. Not sure what to do when I am away. I am thinking about doing atkins and then when I return going back on IP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi missmax, can you see if you can get some food from your coach to last you?

IPdivajen
06-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Morning all!

Riss, yay for your hubby starting too! Great that he has good contact with his doctor around medication - I know that was a big hurdle for me when I started too, trying to figure everything out, but we managed. I was off insulin completely 10 days after starting. :) Good luck to him!!

wuv -happy first day! Hope it goes well!

Welcome to the newcomers and congrats on some great first weigh ins!

Molly, DH found some sugar free lozenges that he used when he had a really sore throat. They do exist! Just don't have too many. :) Check with a pharmacist, they should be able to recommend something you can use. Feel better soon!

Well, tonight is weigh in for me and I think this is going to be my first week of no loss. My scale has.not.moved in the past week and while I'm very sad about the whole thing I'm trying not to lose my mind. :) Easier said than done at times, but I know my reaction is the one thing I can control - not the weight loss. I know I stayed OP and didn't cheat, so hopefully it means next week will be better.

I know the scale could surprise me when I go tonight but I just don't expect it to happen. At this point I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't end up gaining. :( I'd really hoped to cross the 80lbs in four month mark tonight but doesn't seem like that's in the cards. Then again, I suppose there's nothing wrong with 80lbs in just over four months. I just have to keep telling myself that.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Robag
06-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Good morning everyone! The day is starting out with a thunderstorm right now, and there is potential for some real severe weather later today. The conditions are perfect for it with some very hot and humid weather. It will be exactly 100 years this Saturday that we had the most devastating tornado hit our city ever. We get some real bad weather up here, but the tornados usually avoid the heavily populated areas. Anyway, much better mood today than yesterday so hopefully that translates into a positive day for me. Good luck to everyone out there!

Darralyn
06-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Good Morning All!
Welcome Newbies! I want to tell you all hi and wish you the best day ever!
Hope your Tuesday is marvelous and that you recieve all the good news on the scales and in your lives in general! Love to all!!

rvingprincess
06-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks!

I had the same thing when I first started IP, my coach said because I was so sick it was okay to suck on sugar-free lozenges. I also had to take cough syrup for my cough (and you know that was full of sugar) but it didn't effect my loss, just take only when needed.

Good luck

Caren

rvingprincess
06-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Today is my first week's official WI and I'm down 6lbs!!! Have a great day everyone!

Great first WI, keep up the good work.

Caren

rvingprincess
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
As of last night (well started this morning) I am an official IP'er. I'm excited and scared at the same time. LOL

This morning I had the Crispy cereal. When I read on the package that you had to add water to it I was horrified. thinking to myself that I CANNOT eat cereal with water. I was glad when I opened the package to see a powdered "milk" in it. HAHA.

Welcome to this crazy forum, it is a great place to be, ask any questions you like someone will know the answer.

Caren

bttrhalf
06-26-2012, 10:33 AM
good morning everyone, felt pretty cruddy when I woke up this morning but doing better, day 5 OP, only had one cup of coffee, but having tea right now. does anyone know if we can use Granulated Honey as a sweetner?:dizzy:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but4/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Unwaver1ng
06-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Good morning everyone! This morning, I had iced coffee and crispy cereal. I made a Vanilla drink and added most of it to my coffee. Then I added a bit to my cereal. Along with some cinnamon, it was almost like rice pudding! Better way to dress up the bland cereal.

Does anyone else think that no matter how cold the water, the IP products seem warm? I now add ice cubes to everything cold and eat around it.

Thank you for the wonderful greeting yesterday. I feel so inspired and want to stay surrounded by optimism and positivity. Yes, there are challenges, but I love that everyone is so ready to fight them for what they want.

Take care everyone,
~Jenni

rvingprincess
06-26-2012, 10:34 AM

Congrats on the weight loss, but Atkins is not really comparable to IP it is highter in fat & calories. I have researched some alternatives as I am swithching due to the hight cost of IP. I have found at Costco you can get Muscle milk lite (make sure it is LITE, the regular has double the calories) that is similair to IP and costs a whole lot less 24 for $28.99 you might want to look into that. Costco also has the detour bars which are similar to IP and you get 15 bars for around $15.00. Good luck.

Caren

sneuse
06-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Does anyone else think that no matter how cold the water, the IP products seem warm? I now add ice cubes to everything cold and eat around it.

I used to make my shakes and puddings and put them in the fridge for 15 minutes or so to cool down. If I used the water cooler at work I didn't need to but it was still a little more refreshing that way.

Unwaver1ng
06-26-2012, 10:44 AM

Hi! I am a newbie too. I am almost done with my first week with IP. Yes, the food is a bit weird but you get used to it. I find that sometimes the idea of preparing the food is unappetizing, in the end I am only occasionally disappointed with the final product.

We both had cereal for breakfast! It isn't the best, but there is lots of room for dressing it up. I have found that cinnamon works well. How did you like it?

~Jenni

sangria12
06-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Congrats on the weight loss, but Atkins is not really comparable to IP it is highter in fat & calories. I have research some alternatives as I am swithching due to the hight cost of IP. I have found at Costco you can get Muscle milk lite that is similair to IP and costs a whole lot less 24 for $28.99 you might want to look into that. Costco also has the detour bars which are similar to IP and you get 15 bars for around $15.00. Good luck.

Caren

Caren how long have you been using alternate products? Have you noticed any difference in weight loss? The cost of this program is crazy. (But it WORKS.) I am not sure how long I can keep up with the cost of things as my husband just switched jobs and we won't be seeing a commission for awhile.

Good morning everyone!

Day two being back on track after my fall off this weekend and feeling better. I was (TMI) SO CONSTIPATED from eating the bread and cheese on the pizza that it took until this morning to relieve it with the help of some Smooth Moves tea last night.

The bad thing about falling off plan (in case ANYONE is thinking of cheating) is you feel like CRAP...feel sluggish...and its like back to the drawing board with hunger the first few days back OP. This morning I had a shake...my normal breakfast...and I'm already hungry for lunch. Granted...I've been up since 5:30 with two of my boys....so perhaps it IS lunch according to my body clock! The other bad thing is that scale. I can't believe I blew 5 days of being OP 100% by falling off for two. It just wasn't worth it. My scale isn't budging and still reflects a gain of two pounds.

Hope everyone has a great day OP. Welcome to all the newbies. You just WAIT until that first weigh in. Will blow your socks off. :) If you stay OP...you will have success. Don't give in!!!!

MustangMolly
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Hi! I am a newbie too. I am almost done with my first week with IP. Yes, the food is a bit weird but you get used to it. I find that sometimes the idea of preparing the food is unappetizing, in the end I am only occasionally disappointed with the final product.

We both had cereal for breakfast! It isn't the best, but there is lots of room for dressing it up. I have found that cinnamon works well. How did you like it?

~Jenni

I add a couple drops of the Berry Pom Mio, it gives the cereal a bit of sweetness.

MustangMolly
06-26-2012, 10:47 AM

Congrats, Wuv, I guess I've been gone from 3FC longer than I realized. I didn't know you were starting at a clinic. I think that is wonderful! I hope they know how lucky they are to have you!

mlucas
06-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Good Morning all!
Well Monday really turned out to be a MONDAY!
My car broke down yesterday during my lunch hour... :/ I have no clue what's wrong with it!
And this morning... lol My phone died! Can i start this week over?! But i'm still OP Bumbed cus i can't go to my WI today since i have no way of getting there :/

I hope everyone else is having a good week!

rainbowsmiles
06-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Good Morning All!
Welcome Newbies! I want to tell you all hi and wish you the best day ever!
Hope your Tuesday is marvelous and that you recieve all the good news on the scales and in your lives in general! Love to all!!

good morning to YOU too sunshine!!:flow2: hope you have a beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone! This morning, I had iced coffee and crispy cereal. I made a Vanilla drink and added most of it to my coffee. Then I added a bit to my cereal. Along with some cinnamon, it was almost like rice pudding! Better way to dress up the bland cereal.
~Jenni

that sounds good!!!:D

aimeed3
06-26-2012, 10:58 AM

~Jenni

Hi Jenni!

I know what you mean about preparing the food. Like who shakes spaghetti in a shaker cup. :dizzy: It is just weird. I am all for it if it works and from everyone's stories here, I believe it works.

I was actually surprised with the cereal. I really expected it to taste more like cardboard but it didnt. Next time I will add an Equal packet (we can have that right) to it and give it some sweetness to it, haha.

When do you weigh in?

rvingprincess
06-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Caren how long have you been using alternate products? Have you noticed any difference in weight loss? The cost of this program is crazy. (But it WORKS.) I am not sure how long I can keep up with the cost of things as my husband just switched jobs and we won't be seeing a commission for awhile.

Good morning everyone!

Day two being back on track after my fall off this weekend and feeling better. I was (TMI) SO CONSTIPATED from eating the bread and cheese on the pizza that it took until this morning to relieve it with the help of some Smooth Moves tea last night.

The bad thing about falling off plan (in case ANYONE is thinking of cheating) is you feel like CRAP...feel sluggish...and its like back to the drawing board with hunger the first few days back OP. This morning I had a shake...my normal breakfast...and I'm already hungry for lunch. Granted...I've been up since 5:30 with two of my boys....so perhaps it IS lunch according to my body clock! The other bad thing is that scale. I can't believe I blew 5 days of being OP 100% by falling off for two. It just wasn't worth it. My scale isn't budging and still reflects a gain of two pounds.

Hope everyone has a great day OP. Welcome to all the newbies. You just WAIT until that first weigh in. Will blow your socks off. :) If you stay OP...you will have success. Don't give in!!!!

I haven't started yet, I just bought the shakes & bars from Costco, as soon as I finish the IP products I have I will start the alternatives. There has been a number of people that post here regularly, that have been on the alternatives for quite some time and have had great sucess. I am going to give it a shot. Good luck to you.

Caren

aimeed3
06-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Congrats, Wuv, I guess I've been gone from 3FC longer than I realized. I didn't know you were starting at a clinic. I think that is wonderful! I hope they know how lucky they are to have you!

I only been on this board for a few days and I already totally agree with you!

Trishak
06-26-2012, 11:06 AM

Yes. I particularly need to chill the chocolate drink and I don't eat the crispy cereal because of the "warm" milk ick. My sister is doing IP and she told me she puts a ton of ice in her water to make the water really, really cold. The she removes the ice and makes the cereal with the icey cold water. I may try that... I don't know. I'm nearing phase 2, and I am really addicted to my vanilla drink and coffee in the morning... nice and warm and frothy!

So, it's day 2 of 100%... cheating is simply not an option. I feel good even though the scale is still up. I know it will take time to see the results on the scale. I am secretely hoping for the big woosh when I wake up Thursday morning for WI. I cannot wait for the 150's to appear! I know it will, and I need to be patient. Today I was up to 163 which is a lb up from last WI.

Have a great IP Day everyone!

enr20707
06-26-2012, 11:06 AM
hope everyone has success today, I woke up to see the scale move into the 180's, couldn't believe my eyes. I had to get off and back on again to make sure :carrot:

jwdesselle
06-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Good Morning IP Losers:

DH started the plan last Monday for diabetics, ....

Hi there. I'm pretty new at IP. I started on June 21, last Thursday. I go to my first WI tomorrow and I'm excited.

One quick question. I'm getting used to the few acronyms used here, I'm in the Army btw, but I keep seeing DH being used and have no idea what that means. Would you mind letting me know?
Thanks
John

aimeed3
06-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi there. I'm pretty new at IP. I started on June 21, last Thursday. I go to my first WI tomorrow and I'm excited.

One quick question. I'm getting used to the few acronyms used here, I'm in the Army btw, but I keep seeing DH being used and have no idea what that means. Would you mind letting me know?
Thanks
John

Hi John,

Dh is Dear husband

Cole3
06-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks!

There are sugar-free cough drops in a few different flavors ... I had a terrible sore throat a few weeks back and used them and it didn't affect my weight loss any so short-term it is OK. I would just cut back on the "extras" WF stuff and what not while you are using them.

Ravenswood2012
06-26-2012, 11:17 AM

Welcome & Good Luck !!!!!

:welcome: & :goodluck: & :kickbutt:

chicagoboiler
06-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Forgive me for not finding this since I know I've seen it somewhere...but can someone share their version of an IP buffalo wing sauce? DF is craving this and I've never made it, so any recipes or suggestions are welcome. THANK YOU in advance!!

CkM
06-26-2012, 11:22 AM
HI everyone!

Ravenswood2012
06-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Mid-Week 5 seems to be an issue for me...... Some cravings are back, energy is LOW :tired:, & a mild headache :headache: .....

Anyone else have recurring week 1 symptoms @ week 5????? :dizzy:

CkM
06-26-2012, 11:23 AM
HI everyone!

Is there a pdf file for a food journal? I lost mine :( I would greatly appreciate the help!

New Englander
06-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Forgive me for not finding this since I know I've seen it somewhere...but can someone share their version of an IP buffalo wing sauce? DF is craving this and I've never made it, so any recipes or suggestions are welcome. THANK YOU in advance!!
Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo sauce is 0/0/0...no need to recreate (well, if you like Franks)... :)

jwdesselle
06-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi John,

Dh is Dear husband

Ah, thanks, it's been bugging me.

Hey look! LaPlace, you are right down the road from me here in Baton Rouge.

My first WI is tomorrow, I can't wait!!! :carrot:

Mamalee
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM
hope everyone has success today, I woke up to see the scale move into the 180's, couldn't believe my eyes. I had to get off and back on again to make sure :carrot:

Did the same here, yesterday! CONGRATS!!! Isn't this exciting ? Keep up the great work :D

BLUEJEWEL
06-26-2012, 11:28 AM

i AM NEW ON IP, BUT I AM USING POWDERS FROM TARGET AND I ALSO BELIVE THE MUSCLE MILK 100% WHEY FROM COSTCO CAN WORK (I ALREADY HAD THAT AND COMPARED THE LABLES) YOU COULD GET EAS DRINKS FOR ON THE ROAD, THEY CAN BE REASONABLY PRICED, AND GET THE PURE PROTIEN BARS AT TARGET. WHEN TRAVELING IT ALWAYS FUN TO GO TO THE LOCAL STORES/FARMER MARKETS AND GET YOUR SELF SOME FRESH VEGGIES. NOT SURE WHAT YOUR VACAY IS, BUT JUST BE SPECIFIC HOW YOU WANT YOUR FOOD PREPARED IF YOU ARE EATING OUT, AND IF YOU ARE CAMPING GET YOUR SELF SOME NICE CUTS OF FISH OR FILET MIGNON! YUM. YOU CAN DO THIS, YOU HAVE NEED TO DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO! AND NO DOUBT YOU DO. HOPE THIS HELPS:hug:

sorry about the all caps, i write reports and fill out forms with all caps and dont notice it is on. I know it is impolite, sorry too lazy to change the whole post ;)

Ng951
06-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Week number # 24 for a weight loss of 3lbs. It is so much fun going cloths shopping. I still can't believe that I am out of plus sizes. Also I love wearing shorts and colored skinny jeans :). Thank you IP. Still 100% and proud of it! Nancy

Ravenswood2012
06-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Week number # 24 for a weight loss of 3lbs. It is so much fun going cloths shopping. I still can't believe that I am out of plus sizes. Also I love wearing shorts and colored skinny jeans :). Thank you IP. Still 100% and proud of it! Nancy

That is AWESOME!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: :congrat: :bravo:

aimeed3
06-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Ah, thanks, it's been bugging me.

Hey look! LaPlace, you are right down the road from me here in Baton Rouge.

My first WI is tomorrow, I can't wait!!! :carrot:

Yay!! I found a neighbor! LOL
I work right here in Geismar too.

Good luck on your WI tomorrow!!!:)

aimeed3
06-26-2012, 11:35 AM

Whohooo! thats awesome! Congrats!

aimeed3
06-26-2012, 11:36 AM

Thank you so much! So excited to be here!! :carrot:

redhead14
06-26-2012, 11:45 AM
“Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success”. - Dale Carnegie
This makes me realize that all of those miss steps I've taken are building me up for something bigger and better.
Just had to share!

rainbowsmiles
06-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Mid-Week 5 seems to be an issue for me...... Some cravings are back, energy is LOW :tired:, & a mild headache :headache: .....

Anyone else have recurring week 1 symptoms @ week 5????? :dizzy:

my week was week 7....but hang in there an just stay the course!! it will pass!!!

robin532
06-26-2012, 11:51 AM

What an awesome feeling! When I got under 200 I was thrilled. Next is the 180's!:carrot:

LizRR
06-26-2012, 12:09 PM

Well, tonight is weigh in for me and I think this is going to be my first week of no loss. My scale has.not.moved in the past week and while I'm very sad about the whole thing I'm trying not to lose my mind. :) Easier said than done at times, but I know my reaction is the one thing I can control - not the weight loss. I know I stayed OP and didn't cheat, so hopefully it means next week will be better.

I know the scale could surprise me when I go tonight but I just don't expect it to happen. At this point I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't end up gaining. :( I'd really hoped to cross the 80lbs in four month mark tonight but doesn't seem like that's in the cards. Then again, I suppose there's nothing wrong with 80lbs in just over four months. I just have to keep telling myself that.

Hey Riss & IPdivajen - I am right there with you on the no loss - actually have a 2lb gain - but not too concerned. I've been 100% and just realized I've had "C" issues the past few days. I'm going to try a few remedies and also experiment with bootcamp to see if I can get a nudge. I was hoping to get to 60lb this WI...but like you said Jen, if it takes a little longer - that's good too! Good luck!

It can be challenging to vacation on IP, but it can be done. Some folks phase off, others move to Phase 2, others stay 100% OP - the choice is yours. Personally, I've had to accidentally go to Phase 2 on week 3 of IP when my business travel was extended from 2 to 5 days (while I was out there) and I had to make my IP foods stretch - I was able to jump back on with no problems. On another 5-day vacation I was able to stay Phase 1 the whole trip (obviously had more planning!). And FYI, Phase 2 is essentially replacing one of the IP packets with a 'real meal' of protein.

good morning everyone, felt pretty cruddy when I woke up this morning but doing better, day 5 OP, only had one cup of coffee, but having tea right now. does anyone know if we can use Granulated Honey as a sweetner?:dizzy:

Sorry, honey is sugar and that is not allowed - Stevia or Splenda okay? There are some flavored syrups as well, make sure they do not have aspartame. Some folks use the vanilla RTDs as creamer. BTW, you can have as much coffee as you like - as long as you compensate by drinking more water since caffeine is a diuretic we need to add more H2O in! Personally I have my 2 cups every morning.

I was actually surprised with the cereal. I really expected it to taste more like cardboard but it didnt. Next time I will add an Equal packet (we can have that right) to it and give it some sweetness to it, haha.

Equal 'classic' contains aspartame - which is not recommended on IP since the pancreas reacts to it like sugar. Most coaches recommend Stevia or Splenda (Sucralose).

Unwaver1ng
06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Ravenswood, I see you have a cairn terrier in your profile. I love the cairns! Who is it?

Unwaver1ng
06-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi Jenni!

When do you weigh in?

I weigh in on Mondays, which means that even though I started IP on Thursday, I already had a check-in yesterday. I already lost 9.5lbs! This is the kind of thing I need to stay committed.

~Jenni

nomoreweight
06-26-2012, 12:26 PM

Hey, aimeed3! How did you like that cereal? Some people really like it, but I couldn't get past the "milk". I am excited to try making pancakes out of them, though! Have you seen the recipes? There is also a way to make coutons out of the cereal, and then you can add the "milk" to another food later.

Anyway, I'm on day 15, so I consider myself new still. Good luck, and have fun with it!:dizzy:

jebaughman
06-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Off to WI today. I sure could use the woosh fairy. Its another hot day in south Texas and no rain in sight. You Canadians and Floridians could send some our way.

nomoreweight
06-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Good Morning IP Losers:

Hey, Riss! My little sister/best friend is named Larissa, and I call her Riss or Rissa or Rizzo...haha...so when I saw your name, I thought of her and it made me smile. We live two hours apart, so I don't get to see her all the time. How bout that? You made a person smile today just by posting your name!

I can undestand getting sick of the up and down, but you are keeping it positive, and I applaud you for getting so close to your goal! :carrot: Good luck to you and your hubby!

Kaypix
06-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey, sorry to get such a late start on replies...and here we go!

Todays plan:
(B) coffee, chocolate RTD
(L) leftover baked chicken, broccoli and a vanilla RTD
(D) grilled turkey burger and spinach
(S) protein bar; water water water

Depending on how you mean "alternatives" (I'm on alternative products such as Wonderslim, GNC etc.) then you should not have a "normal" protein (chicken) for lunch, only dinner at 8 ounces of lean meat. If you eat it twice a day that is actually Phase II.

Ways to trick your cereal: Add a bit of RTD vanilla to thicken the "milk", blend up some ice cubes and water, then pour the water over the cereal so it is icy cold.

Thanks
John
Welcome to the threads, we have a dudes only , or specifically , or whatever thread if you want to commiserate with guys any time, but the daily is open to any and all :) Acronyms are addressed in either the first post of the daily, or in a sticky, I forget, but here's a quick breakdown:
DD=dear daughter
DS=dear son
DF=dear fiance
DG=Dear Girlfriend/girl
DB=Dear boyfriend
DH=Dear Husband
DW=Dear Wife
TOM=Time of the month (not that guys need that acronym really)
IP=Ideal Protein
OP=On Program

Use Frank's Hot Sauce, it/s 0/0/0 and pretty much epic...

HI everyone!

Is there a pdf file for a food journal? I lost mine :( I would greatly appreciate the help!
Not to push my blog all the time, but I have a PDF (http://thinkslimmer.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/daily-journal-sheet.pdf)of one page on that: http://thinkslimmer.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/daily-journal-sheet.pdf

haddy4
06-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes. I particularly need to chill the chocolate drink and I don't eat the crispy cereal because of the "warm" milk ick. My sister is doing IP and she told me she puts a ton of ice in her water to make the water really, really cold. The she removes the ice and makes the cereal with the icey cold water. I may try that... I don't know. I'm nearing phase 2, and I am really addicted to my vanilla drink and coffee in the morning... nice and warm and frothy!

So, it's day 2 of 100%... cheating is simply not an option. I feel good even though the scale is still up. I know it will take time to see the results on the scale. I am secretely hoping for the big woosh when I wake up Thursday morning for WI. I cannot wait for the 150's to appear! I know it will, and I need to be patient. Today I was up to 163 which is a lb up from last WI.

Have a great IP Day everyone!

I know this sounds crazy but it works..:dizzy: I measure my water and put it in a bowl and then put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes and then i add my cereal packet and stir really good.. and it is way better this way..really cold and crispy :carrot:

Sharon_Teacher
06-26-2012, 12:53 PM
I haven't posted for awhile, but I am happy to say that since I started back on IP three weeks ago, I have lost 15 pounds. I still have 45 more pounds to go. This weekend I will be visiting relatives and will need to really watch what I eat. I am thinking of taking some veggies along with my IP food.

aimeed3
06-26-2012, 12:54 PM
What is everyone's thoughts on the chicken a la king? Thats my lunch today! YIKES!! LOL

mooselover
06-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Good Morning To All,

Congrats to all. Been in maintance for three months and still losing. Love IP...
Thank you for posting. I needed to read this today :D

mooselover
06-26-2012, 12:59 PM

IP doesn't allow restricted foods at night. The protein bar would be considered restricted if on IP foods. Might consider switching it with your breakfast RTD.

mooselover
06-26-2012, 01:01 PM

I am soooooo excited for you :carrot: You are gonna be such a great coach. You do such a great job with all of us :D I hope you get some time later to let us all know how your day went.

aimeed3
06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Oh 1 more question, I forgot to ask my coach.
When you weigh your meat for dinner, do you weigh it raw or cooked?

mooselover
06-26-2012, 01:04 PM

Meat and veggies should be weighed raw.

IPdivajen
06-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo sauce is 0/0/0...no need to recreate (well, if you like Franks)... :)

Okay, this is seriously the best news I've read in a long, long time. I LOVE buffalo chicken and have been missing it terribly. It's one of the things I dream about!

I like a milder sauce so I looked up the PC Buffalo mild sauce and it's 0/0/0 too! I'm over the moon happy! Of course I won't go hog wild with it because it still may contain carbs, just less than 1gram, but still. To get some of that flavour back into rotation totally makes my day.

Thanks so much for posting!

bttrhalf
06-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Sorry, honey is sugar and that is not allowed - Stevia or Splenda okay? There are some flavored syrups as well, make sure they do not have aspartame. Some folks use the vanilla RTDs as creamer. BTW, you can have as much coffee as you like - as long as you compensate by drinking more water since caffeine is a diuretic we need to add more H2O in! Personally I have my 2 cups every morning.

oops had a little in my tea this morning. well i guess i wont do that again.:o
I do use splenda in my coffee so i will use that in my tea too.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but4/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Unwaver1ng
06-26-2012, 01:26 PM
So can I ask you guys a question? I have a wedding this weekend. I'm prepared up to the hilt for it thanks to thinking ahead and working with my coach. However, I just yesterday learned that there is a rehearsal dinner at a BAR, and since I'm doing a reading I am invited to go. Is it ok etiquette to not go to a rehearsal dinner? Especially if it is a bar dinner? There is no way I want to put myself in the middle of all that bar food :(

Anyone know etiquette who could help me out?

~Jenni

Trishak
06-26-2012, 01:27 PM
IP doesn't allow restricted foods at night. The protein bar would be considered restricted if on IP foods. Might consider switching it with your breakfast RTD.

Ok, I've never read that it isn't allowed to have restricteds at night. I know some say it is better earlier in the day, but having a bar for my snack has never hurt me. I guess everyone is different. But I've never seen anything in the IP materials that say it isn't allowed. Did I miss that?

rvingprincess
06-26-2012, 01:28 PM

Again I think it depends on your coach, mine knows I eat a bar around 9:30 or 10:00 pm, it hasn't effected by weight loss.

Caren

rvingprincess
06-26-2012, 01:29 PM

You always weigh EVERYTHING RAW.

nomoreweight
06-26-2012, 01:31 PM
What is everyone's thoughts on the chicken a la king? Thats my lunch today! YIKES!! LOL

I didn't like it at first, but it did kinda grow on me. I know have it probably twice a week. I found out that if I eat my salad after my meal instead of before, it's easier to make sure I get it all in. The first time I tried it, I was stuffed from veggies and salad, so I literally had to choke it down.

sandyh50
06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Good morning all! I survived my colonoscopy with NO POLYPS! I could not eat much yesterday, just had the IP jelly and RTD choc. drink. I made eggs for supper but felt sick and couldn't eat them. I thought with all the fluids they gave me I might gain, but I didn't. WI #2 today and I lost 4 pounds. Next week will be the real test to see what happens. Have a great day, going to be close to a 100 here in Montana.

nomoreweight
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM

Everything, even veggies, should be weighed raw.

Longhorn Energy
06-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Okay, this is seriously the best news I've read in a long, long time. I LOVE buffalo chicken and have been missing it terribly. It's one of the things I dream about!

I like a milder sauce so I looked up the PC Buffalo mild sauce and it's 0/0/0 too! I'm over the moon happy! Of course I won't go hog wild with it because it still may contain carbs, just less than 1gram, but still. To get some of that flavour back into rotation totally makes my day.

Ive been using the PC sauce since i started. I like the hot and my wife buys the mild. I make fake chicken wings all the time. We have an Actifry, so just cut up chicken breast into strips and fire into the Actifry until done to your liking. Then pour a bunch of the sauce over and turn it on for another 5 min or so. Just like the real thing.

IPdivajen
06-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Ive been using the PC sauce since i started. I like the hot and my wife buys the mild. I make fake chicken wings all the time. We have an Actifry, so just cut up chicken breast into strips and fire into the Actifry until done to your liking. Then pour a bunch of the sauce over and turn it on for another 5 min or so. Just like the real thing.

Drool. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't know about it before! Oh well - better late than never!!!!!!!

Kaypix
06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Hey everyone, just checking in, working on the recipe book from work today, since I learned I don't have as much free time at home as I do at work...strongly considering going home for lunch because I feel like crap (nausea, diarrhea this morning like nothing else, stomach cramping, and obvious dehydration). Not sure if it's related to the food I'm eating (haven't changed anything) or if I just have a bug. DH and I were both a little ishy the last few nights at home, but I just attributed it to working outside too much.

I'm also dizzy and weak, considering an extra bar today if needed (normally just do 2-3 shakes and my dinner, shakes are 20g protein and 2.5g carbs <1g fat each)...thoughts?

GeauxTigers82
06-26-2012, 02:05 PM
It is weigh in #4 today. It's not until this evening which stinks because that is my heaviest part of the day. TOM decided to visit yesterday, so I am looking at a gain of course. Dumb TOM. I need to kick it into high gear for the next 3 months. Any suggestions? I do not eat restricteds yet. Should I stay away from those? My sister is getting married in 3 months and I want to be able to look at myself in the pictures :(

cscape
06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Everything, even veggies, should be weighed raw.

This is good to know as it makes a big difference, particularly with spinach, and other high volume foods. My coach said it didn't really matter...with WW I thought we weighed the meat afterwards. So is weighing food raw thes the "official IP response?"

usmcvet
06-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Good Morning IP Losers:

Congratulations to all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day. Great news about your man. I actually called my doctor this morning and asked to have my metformin lowered. I saw her last week and she told me that I am no longer pre diabetic but she wanted to keep me on it because my body has worked so hard for so long that she wants me to keep taking it. I think it has been upsetting my stomach, I take a 1000 mg in the morning and one at night. Your post reminded me to ask.

May I jump right in? After literally reading hundreds of posts in this subforum, today is Day 2 for me, using alternatives. I am inspired by so many of you here who are having great success...I plan to join you! Yes please do join us here. It is one of the first places I try to visit every day, did not work out for me this morning.

Good morning, Up bright and early, I have a busy day today. First day at the clinic, starting at 10, don't know how long I will be there. While I am there my son will start moving out stuff into the new apartment so I won't be around much today but I will try to check in later :) Go wuv! You will be great as a coach. I'm you've already been doing it for hundreds of us for quite some time already.

Riss, I did the same thing as I neared goal. Hang in there. You have a great attitude about it! Sending positive vibes your way for hubby and figuring out what's best for him now. DANKIN I JUST LOOKED AT YOUR TICKER!!!! FREAKING AWESOME! Very happy for you and proud of you!

[QUOTE=Ticiabean;4384153]Today is my first week's official WI and I'm down 6lbs!!! Have a great day everyone! Awesome.

Hope everyone had a great OP day!! :) Welcome. I like your sense of humor!:D

Good morning everyone! The day is starting out with a thunderstorm right now, and there is potential for some real severe weather later today. The conditions are perfect for it with some very hot and humid weather. It will be exactly 100 years this Saturday that we had the most devastating tornado hit our city ever. We get some real bad weather up here, but the tornados usually avoid the heavily populated areas. Anyway, much better mood today than yesterday so hopefully that translates into a positive day for me. Good luck to everyone out there! You should be a good mood, you are more than half way to goal. Way to go dude.

It is good and actually pretty thick. It's satisfying.

Raw/uncooked.

So can I ask you guys a question? I have a wedding this weekend. I'm prepared up to the hilt for it thanks to thinking ahead and working with my coach. However, I just yesterday learned that there is a rehearsal dinner at a BAR, and since I'm doing a reading I am invited to go. Is it ok etiquette to not go to a rehearsal dinner? Especially if it is a bar dinner? There is no way I want to put myself in the middle of all that bar food :(

~Jenni Jenni, I went to a wedding and rehershal dinner about a month ago. I did not drink and ate IP while there. I brought my shaker and a few shakes as well as a pack of BBQ ridges. I called ahead and asked for my steak w/o any sauce, they were really cool about it and the server looked for me and confirmed no sauce. I had a first and ate asparagus and actually loved it. I left the garlic mashed potatoes on my plate! AND I LOVE MASHED POTATOES!

The rehearsal was just off a bar and I had a salad with olive oil and vinegar. Again I brought a restricted snack with me then too.

I even went to the party after the rehearsal dinner and had fun. They actually had a plate of sliced veggies and cheese. I had lots of the green peppers and some celery.

Good morning all! I survived my colonoscopy with NO POLYPS! I could not eat much yesterday, just had the IP jelly and RTD choc. drink. I made eggs for supper but felt sick and couldn't eat them. I thought with all the fluids they gave me I might gain, but I didn't. WI #2 today and I lost 4 pounds. Next week will be the real test to see what happens. Have a great day, going to be close to a 100 here in Montana.

Good the hear!

cscape
06-26-2012, 02:21 PM
I know this sounds crazy but it works..:dizzy: I measure my water and put it in a bowl and then put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes and then i add my cereal packet and stir really good.. and it is way better this way..really cold and crispy :carrot:

How do you make your morning drink? Sounds interesting and would be a nice break from the crispy cereal

missmax
06-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Thank you for the advice. That is a great idea to go to phase 2. I will have a shake in the morning and protein for lunch and dinner. Should I still take my vitamins?

cscape
06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
HI everyone!

I don't know if there is one on the site, but I have one I created in word. I'll be glad to post it if someone tells me how to add it to this site. Otherwise I could email it to your if there is a secure way to get your email.

Darralyn
06-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Hello All,
Well it was the Tuesday WI at work for my INHS Slim Down and was down another 2 lbs this week (down 4 lbs last week for IP WI)!! So for the contest at work that makes 15 lbs total. It is a group thing and my group is not going to win....bummer. At least I am holding up my end of the bargain. I was on IP anyway so decided to join the challenge. My official IP WI is on Thursday; so maybe with this momentum I will lose more this week again.
I loved Wuv's quote yesterday that "Cheating is not an option" and this is my new mantra. I must admit that I was getting a bit sloppy with my protien amounts and know that I was probably overeating. Now that cheating is no longer an option I am being very clean and it makes a difference.
Wishing you all the very best! Hope your WI's go great today!!

KBig
06-26-2012, 02:50 PM
quick checkin....

the jobby job has been putting the screws to me!~

wi#10- 4.2 LBS!

31.5 LBS GOOOOOONE.

this site has been a huge support system... thank you.

shooting for 3's next Sat.

Rhonduz
06-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone! Had my second WI today, - 3. That's 13 lbs now (go me). My coach thought I should have lost a little more for the second week and upped my packets to 4 per day. Have any of you done this, and how did it wrk? All of you are a welcome to me daily. I love all your posts!

Hopeful in Canada
06-26-2012, 03:00 PM
How do you make your morning drink? Sounds interesting and would be a nice break from the crispy cereal

Try Wildberry Yoghurt Drink, water, ice cube and spinach. You can add Strawberry/Watermelon MiO for flavouring and color. Mix it in a blender...best morning shake.

Tigerlvr52
06-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Weigh in #4 was a great 4 lb loss. Man I was getting worried there with the big losses 3 weeks in a row. This is much more my pace. Woot 35 Lbs down in 4 weeks. God bless all those who are doing this plan. It's tough but it works.

redmomof4
06-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Kara,
I live in Blue Earth! You will probably drive right by us! Have fun in the cities!:carrot:
Shawna

locopollo
06-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh wow, I am home for lunch and already there are seven pages for the day???

I'm Diane, and I'm new. Been reading the site for a week. Going on Thursday night for consultation. A stylist at my hairdresser spoke so highly of IP and she looks amazing.

There is some salt on program, right? So you could gargle with salt water to ease throat pain? Also, for a cough, codeine works, so you Canadians could use 222's. It doesn't have to be in syrup form to be effective.

OK, back to lurking. Oh yeah, I have just about 20 pounds to lose, and I'd love to do it before my vacation at the end of October. I see there are some very impressive losses here! I'm impressed!

cyndie
06-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Today is beautiful, sunny and HOT! It's only 94 but it feels like 103 with the humidity. Think steam room...lol.

I hope everyone has a great WI today!

Good luck to all the newbies. Lots of people here even newer than me. :)

vovo
06-26-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm on day #6 of IP. So far, so good....I think. Only my first weigh-in tomorrow will tell!!

Thus far, I'm proud of myself. I've stuck to the plan for the most part (i think i may have eaten 1/2 cup too many vegetables the 2nd day; maybe an extra 1-2oz of broiled chicken on the 4th day, unintentionally skipped my snack on the 3rd day because i fell asleep), I got through the few days of withdrawal symptoms, & walked away from temptation when i was in the BREAD section of COSTCO!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here - the support is amazing!!!

Momto2cs
06-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi Jenni!

I know what you mean about preparing the food. Like who shakes spaghetti in a shaker cup. :dizzy: It is just weird. I am all for it if it works and from everyone's stories here, I believe it works.

When do you weigh in?

I really like the crispy cereal, but find it very sweet as is!

I like the ease of food prep. Tear shake heat (or not) eat. The chicken soup is my favourite.

Ravenswood2012
06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Ravenswood, I see you have a cairn terrier in your profile. I love the cairns! Who is it?

His name is Ralphie & he will be 5 y/o in December. We rescued him as pup, he has some leg issues & was going to be sold to a medical testing facility :mad: He is spoiled rotten & always will have the life of a king :)

bttrhalf
06-26-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm on day #6 of IP. So far, so good....I think. Only my first weigh-in tomorrow will tell!!

Thus far, I'm proud of myself. I've stuck to the plan for the most part (i think i may have eaten 1/2 cup too many vegetables the 2nd day; maybe an extra 1-2oz of broiled chicken on the 4th day, unintentionally skipped my snack on the 3rd day because i fell asleep), I got through the few days of withdrawal symptoms, & walked away from temptation when i was in the BREAD section of COSTCO!!!

great job this week:carrot:
I hope my week is as good, I'm on the 5th day and weigh in on Thursday.
have been real good ignoring temptation, the candy dish at work is right at my desk.
good luck on yo9ur weigh in:D

Ravenswood2012
06-26-2012, 04:41 PM

~Jenni

I wouldn't miss the dinner, I think you would later regret it. I would eat my dinner just prior to going & just enjoy all your friends and/or family. Make a really good dinner so you will be satisfied & not tempted by any of the bar food. The people @ the dinner should be supportive & if they aren't ~ignore them, you have to do this for you!! You can have your snack to look forward to when you get home :D

Good Luck :)

BLUEJEWEL
06-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Good Morning all!
Well Monday really turned out to be a MONDAY!
My car broke down yesterday during my lunch hour... :/ I have no clue what's wrong with it!
And this morning... lol My phone died! Can i start this week over?! But i'm still OP Bumbed cus i can't go to my WI today since i have no way of getting there :/

I hope everyone else is having a good week!

wow that is a bad day! the good news is you are still OP! Good for you. Hope the rest of the week is better for you.

dizzyjean
06-26-2012, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Kaypix;4384403]

Welcome to the threads, we have a dudes only , or specifically , or whatever thread if you want to commiserate with guys any time, but the daily is open to any and all :) Acronyms are addressed in either the first post of the daily, or in a sticky, I forget, but here's a quick breakdown:
DD=dear daughter
DS=dear son
DF=dear fiance
DG=Dear Girlfriend/girl
DB=Dear boyfriend
DH=Dear Husband
DW=Dear Wife
TOM=Time of the month (not that guys need that acronym really)
IP=Ideal Protein
OP=On Program

Oh- being a baseball fan,I was thinking that DH stood for "designated hitter", haha. my husband is definitely my DH in both senses of the word. I am....dizzy Jean

NewPath
06-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Hey everyone, just checking in, working on the recipe book from work today, since I learned I don't have as much free time at home as I do at work...strongly considering going home for lunch because I feel like crap (nausea, diarrhea this morning like nothing else, stomach cramping, and obvious dehydration). Not sure if it's related to the food I'm eating (haven't changed anything) or if I just have a bug. DH and I were both a little ishy the last few nights at home, but I just attributed it to working outside too much.

I'm also dizzy and weak, considering an extra bar today if needed (normally just do 2-3 shakes and my dinner, shakes are 20g protein and 2.5g carbs <1g fat each)...thoughts?
KayPix-
I experienced the symptoms that you are describing on and off for the first month and a half. Hard-boiled eggs and extra packets were added by my coach. I was peeing, out of control, like every 15 minutes. The key was adding the extra packet(s) before I got dizzy. She would have me write down when I started to feel "light"...then she added the packet/egg an hour BEFORE that time.( I was using a ton of salt and water...just helped a little.) On the up side, those symptoms directly correlated with my biggest weight loss weeks. I did have the nurse check my blood pressure to make sure it was okay...you might want to have yours checked. Also, my thyroid meds had to be LOWERED....also around this time. Might want to go in and have your labs done. In looking back, I think my body was just "dumping" fat and other stuff...cleaning house!
During this time I was losing muscle as well as fat....so be mindful of the importance of getting in your protein and FAT.
Feel better! I hope some of my thoughts and experiences help!
Julie
As a precaution, check your CO2 detector. Yeah....I am a worrier.

Kaypix
06-26-2012, 05:03 PM
KayPix-
I experienced the symptoms that you are describing on and off for the first month and a half. Hard-boiled eggs and extra packets were added by my coach. I was peeing, out of control, like every 15 minutes. The key was adding the extra packet(s) before I got dizzy. She would have me write down when I started to feel "light"...then she added the packet/egg an hour BEFORE that time.( I was using a ton of salt and water...just helped a little.) On the up side, those symptoms directly correlated with my biggest weight loss weeks. I did have the nurse check my blood pressure to make sure it was okay...you might want to have yours checked. Also, my thyroid meds had to be LOWERED....also around this time. Might want to go in and have your labs done. In looking back, I think my body was just "dumping" fat and other stuff...cleaning house!
During this time I was losing muscle as well as fat....so be mindful of the importance of getting in your protein and FAT.
Feel better! I hope some of my thoughts and experiences help!
Julie
As a precaution, check your CO2 detector. Yeah....I am a worrier.

Hey you're allowed to be a worrier :) My Co2 detector seemed OK but I guess I could check it again, just feels like a bug, just hit this weekend, so I was already 2 months into the program. I have to go see a doctor the first week of July for my next Depo shot anyways so I'll ask her to do some blood work, kind of broke so don' want to pay them lab fees lol!

If I feel like butt tomorrow I'm gonna stay home from work, take it easy, nap and down my protein shakes like they are going out of style. I did end up having my bar before lunch instead of waiting for dinner tonight. I sincerely hope my body is just "dumping" fat, because that'd turn out good for me since my losses have been small lately. I'm going to listen to my body on this one, whatever it says to do, I'm doin.

NewPath
06-26-2012, 05:03 PM

VoVo-
Welcome to a wonderful place! IP Rocks!!!! Be strong and think positive. Read, question, share, and read some more! You will love everyone here! I wish you the very BEST of luck. IP is such a gift. Enjoy.
You have almost made it through your first week.....definitely the hardest. Things will get slowly easier...then, like MAGIC, you will be dancing in the streets with happiness!!!! EAT YOUR DAILY REQUIRED FOOD,WATER,OIL,and SUPPLEMENTS!!!! I learned early on...skipping does not help you to lose at all!!!! Set timers if you have to, that is what I initially had to do!
Have fun, and welcome to a great neighborhood!!!!

Ng951
06-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Ok, I've never read that it isn't allowed to have restricteds at night. I know some say it is better earlier in the day, but having a bar for my snack has never hurt me. I guess everyone is different. But I've never seen anything in the IP materials that say it isn't allowed. Did I miss that?

You are fine. I also do my restricted at night for the last 5 months with great results. I think it depends on the individual. Nancy

Ng951
06-26-2012, 05:17 PM

That is AWESOME!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: :congrat: :bravo:

Thank you :)

Nilouve
06-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted, or even "lurked" much lately, things have been super-busy and it sometimes takes so long to "pull up" the site on my sloooow dial-up.

I had to have my WI one day early and I am very excited at starting Phase 3 tomorrow!!! To all the "newbies"; it is true that it will go fast and you won't believe how well this plan works.

When I started, 15 weeks ago, I read all the stickies and printed many recipes that have been key to my staying OP. I recently tried this variation suggested by another client at the clinic I attend and cannot remember if it was in the stickies. So, apologies if I am repeating info, but I found this so tasty, I had to share; In a pan, on stovetop melt about 1-2 TBLS WF Marmalade. When melted, add some WF Asian dressing to taste (about 2-3 TBLS). Cook your favorite meat in this "sauce" (I used ground chicken-1LB). It gives your protein a wonderful Asian twist!

If I could figure out how to combine 2 or more pictures into one I would probably have a go at posting some before and after pictures. I remember how very motivating seeing IPers pictures was for me. It does take forever to download pictures on dial-up and I am not the most Techno-savvy chick.

But keep at it everyone, IP rules!

mom2hi
06-26-2012, 05:27 PM
I am late posting today, but wanted to share my first weigh-in results with you all...

I lost 10.8 in my first week! Holy moley...I can't belive it! :D

This program is amazing!

GeauxTigers82
06-26-2012, 05:30 PM
What's everyone's favorite bar? I want to try a bar for my breakfast. Thanks.

rainbowsmiles
06-26-2012, 05:35 PM

~Jenni

i would go....and take your camera....thats what i do now at all functions...i take my camera and HIDE behind it...it takes up a lot of my time and people LOVE to have their photos taken at events, well most people...and when people say to me, hey did you get something to eat i say yes, or, i say i will right after i get few more shots..most people never notice i didn't eat when they did!! :) or even that i ate something different. :)

also...if you are going to a special event, pick out a bracelet or a necklace that is special to you...and when you put it on, say this is my reminder of why it is important for me to stay on plan...and then if you get nervous or tempted, just twirl your bracelet around your wrist and it will remind you of how far you've come and how strong you are and say to yourself... a momentary lack of weakness today is not worth the feelings of disappointment that i will face you tomorrow. stay strong!!

yowzer
06-26-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm new to this site but I am happy to say after my first weigh-in, I am down 6 lbs. Funny thing is I gained 3% fat and lost 10% lean mass. The coach mentioned, my body probably is still in shock from lack of quarter pounders and peanut m&m's. And next weigh-in should be more typical.
I have backed off on working out as she suggested and will just do some very very light stretch/weights for the next few weeks. This is great website and lots of good information.

Unwaver1ng
06-26-2012, 05:52 PM
i would go....and take your camera....thats what i do now at all functions...i take my camera and HIDE behind it...it takes up a lot of my time and people LOVE to have their photos taken at events, well most people...and when people say to me, hey did you get something to eat i say yes, or, i say i will right after i get few more shots..most people never notice i didn't eat when they did!! :) or even that i ate something different. :)

also...if you are going to a special event, pick out a bracelet or a necklace that is special to you...and when you put it on, say this is my reminder of why it is important for me to stay on plan...and then if you get nervous or tempted, just twirl your bracelet around your wrist and it will remind you of how far you've come and how strong you are and say to yourself... a momentary lack of weakness today is not worth the feelings of disappointment that i will face you tomorrow. stay strong!!

That is great advice; thank you. I worry because I am barely a week OP and am the kind of person who, if food is in front of me, can't stop thinking about it until it's gone. When my coach told me to feel free to leave for the cake cutting if it makes me feel anxious, I knew she got me! And that itself was a huge relief.

~Jenni

Trishak
06-26-2012, 05:54 PM

My favorite is the Peanut Crunch bar. Like a really dense rice krispie treat coated in peanut butter goodness. I'm having one in an hour. YUM!

kmc1021
06-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Well, this is my last WI before I leave for vacation (hopefully in the morning!) I was sad because the scale has been all over the place this week (I was hoping to get into the 180's before leaving), but it dropped 2 lbs. I am NOT complaining, because that is 2 pounds I didn't have to go jogging to lose!! I was sad however to see that I only lost 1/4 inch. What the heck??!! I have been spotting the last couple days so I wonder if that is why there was not a huge loss. Oh well!! I hope ya'll have a wonderful week, 4th of july and weekends!!

PEIslandGirl
06-26-2012, 06:01 PM

What kind of dog do you have?

sweetsloan
06-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Morning all!

Riss, yay for your hubby starting too! Great that he has good contact with his doctor around medication - I know that was a big hurdle for me when I started too, trying to figure everything out, but we managed. I was off insulin completely 10 days after starting. :) Good luck to him!!

wuv -happy first day! Hope it goes well!

Welcome to the newcomers and congrats on some great first weigh ins!

Molly, DH found some sugar free lozenges that he used when he had a really sore throat. They do exist! Just don't have too many. :) Check with a pharmacist, they should be able to recommend something you can use. Feel better soon!

Hope everyone has a great day!

IPDIVAJEN.
even if that scale does not move, you have done AWESOME!! You are an
Inspiration to me. I only hope to have the sucess you have had in 4 months!! Keep up the good work!

sweetsloan
06-26-2012, 06:46 PM
I am late posting today, but wanted to share my first weigh-in results with you all...

This program is amazing!

Our numbers are the same and this is my day 3, I hope to have a weigh in like yours. Congrads!!!!

chicagoboiler
06-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Weigh in #4 was a great 4 lb loss. Man I was getting worried there with the big losses 3 weeks in a row. This is much more my pace. Woot 35 Lbs down in 4 weeks. God bless all those who are doing this plan. It's tough but it works.

Wow, you're continuing to rock it each week! Nice work!

Chloe222
06-26-2012, 06:48 PM
That is great advice; thank you. I worry because I am barely a week OP and am the kind of person who, if food is in front of me, can't stop thinking about it until it's gone. When my coach told me to feel free to leave for the cake cutting if it makes me feel anxious, I knew she got me! And that itself was a huge relief.

~Jenni

Jenni,
Rainbow's advice is great and can so easily work since folks won't notice what you are eating or not eating when you are also busy snapping pics.

I love the idea of twirling a very special bracelet to remind you why you are doing this. My little spin on things: remind yourself how much you love yourself and that you are doing this for yourself, you so deserve the health and happiness the IP program will undoubtedly bring.

Other than these very special celebrations, I avoided parties and events that I felt were just a little too difficult for me early on. So meeting folks for a Friday dinner at a restaurant/bar was something I avoided for the first month. They weren't special events and I so didn't want the temptation. Now I offer to be designated driver and go and truly enjoy talking to everyone, sipping my water (usually flavored with Mio which I keep in my purse). I feel good about being designated driver, it's nice to be able to do this for my friends.

IPdivajen
06-26-2012, 07:26 PM
IPDIVAJEN.
even if that scale does not move, you have done AWESOME!! You are an
Inspiration to me. I only hope to have the sucess you have had in 4 months!! Keep up the good work!

Aw, thanks. Very sweet of you. :) I need it right now! Off to WI in ten minutes.

Momto2cs
06-26-2012, 07:41 PM
The cookies and cream bars are good!

Cyoungms
06-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Ok, I had refused to use the cereal package because I saw the "add water" too. Glad to know it has powered milk. Gonna have this for breakfast in the morning. I started 3 weeks ago and I have had it that long...lol

grassfedbeef
06-26-2012, 07:49 PM
I love the cereal with a couple drops of vanilla stevia. Chocolate stevia is pretty good too for something different, but i like the vanilla best.

~Jenni

mooselover
06-26-2012, 07:52 PM

Carmel Nut is the best!!!! I am not a big fan of the bars that have the rice stuff inside. I like my bars dense. And anything with carmel is a favorite of mine :D

GrandmaKiss
06-26-2012, 08:00 PM
I just tried an interesting experiment. I made the pudding muffins, but did something different. I beat the 2 egg whites until they were stiff (made almost 2 cups of whipped egg whites), I added a tiny pinch of cream of tarter to keep the egg whites full. I made the pudding as directed AFTER the egg whites were done and then folded in the whites before the pudding set. Poured it into a greased 5" cake pan and baked 350 for 25 minutes. It puffed beautifully and flattened down to be about 2.25 inches tall (5 inches around). The texture was very similar to angle food cake, and the serving was huge.

Mamalee
06-26-2012, 08:12 PM

I wouldn't miss the dinner, I think you would later regret it. I would eat my dinner just prior to going & just enjoy all your friends and/or family. Make a really good dinner so you will be satisfied & not tempted by any of the bar food. The people @ the dinner should be supportive & if they aren't ~ignore them, you have to do this for you!! You can have your snack to look forward to when you get home :D

Good Luck :)

I would do the same. I am going home to a small reunion with my high school church youth group (can't believe I said yes). Anyway, they have something EVERY meal! I am going to bring my food and eat each meal at my mom's, then go and socialize with my glass of water. I feel confident it will work just fine.
Have fun :smug:

GrandmaKiss
06-26-2012, 08:52 PM

If Granulated Honey is dehydrated Honey, it is no different than sugar, which makes it a huge NO

[QUOTE=jwdesselle;4384278]Hi there. I'm pretty new at IP. I started on June 21, last Thursday. I go to my first WI tomorrow and I'm excited.

Thanks
John

I see you've already been answered John; the H in dear H stands for husband. But the D can be dear, dratted, dorky, dim or darling, whichever adjective matches the rest of the sentence.

This is a new one on me, I can't find it in any of the IP literature. Perhaps another old-coach's tale?

Hi everyone! Had my second WI today, - 3. That's 13 lbs now (go me). My coach thought I should have lost a little more for the second week and upped my packets to 4 per day. Have any of you done this, and how did it wrk? All of you are a welcome to me daily. I love all your posts!

What is it with these coaches who want to tell us a very respectible loss "isn't enough". Crimenetly, mine does the same thing, though mine doesn't want to add packs, she wants to subtract.

Diana B
06-26-2012, 08:59 PM
WI Today, lost 1.8 lbs. which has officially put me at 60 lbs. lost since Feb. 22, 2012! AND, I am breathing down ONEderland's neck! :cb::dance::cp::dancer::comp::cheer2:

Cootermom125
06-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Yay! I'm starting phase 2 next Tuesday!!!!!! I'm so excited! My measurements are less than when I weighed 130!! I'm so pumped!!! Down another 1.6 pounds and 1 inch today!

IPdivajen
06-26-2012, 09:30 PM
So yeah, no loss for me this week. .2 gain, actually. :(

I just don't get it.

Hopefully next week is better.

paulimapi
06-26-2012, 09:32 PM
I envy all of you so much for having the WF syrups :( They don't sell anything similar here, and ordering them online is a complete pain because here they are very annoying and strict with ordering liquid things through the mail.

I just really wish I had some maple/strawberry/blueberry syrup to put on my pancakes. I make pancakes almost everyday but all I put on them is butter-flavored spray, then sprinkle stevia powder and cinnamon on top. It tastes good but it would be amazing with some syrup.
I don't even care about the dressings, I'm fine with my garlic powder and olive oil.

Unwaver1ng
06-26-2012, 10:16 PM
I just finished my delicious salmon and asparagus for dinner and I am so proud I made it! I had a debacle for my snack today because I made the orange drink and thought it was disgusting :( so even though I already had a restricted, I ate about half my soy nuts in desperation. I was feeling hungry and we went to the dog park so that I could distract myself. We ended up staying a very long time.

So usually I will stop at Pancheros or Baskin-Robins on the way home from the park. My stomach was growling because I waited too long to eat, but when I got home, I popped dinner in the oven and had a big glass of water with some lemon and Splenda to tide me over. Success! Feels pretty impressive to me :)

jebaughman
06-26-2012, 10:21 PM
I envy all of you so much for having the WF syrups :( They don't sell anything similar here, and ordering them online is a complete pain because here they are very annoying and strict with ordering liquid things through the mail.

I just really wish I had some maple/strawberry/blueberry syrup to put on my pancakes. I make pancakes almost everyday but all I put on them is butter-flavored spray, then sprinkle stevia powder and cinnamon on top. It tastes good but it would be amazing with some syrup.
I don't even care about the dressings, I'm fine with my garlic powder and olive oil.

I bet you could buy the maple flavoring and make your own syrup with stevia or splenda. We frequently used the maple to make syrup with sugar and water.
WI went fine lost 4 pounds, but hit the -50 benchmark at home this morning.
I hope to make it to the 40s at next WI and do not have far to go.

102 here today.

dizzyjean
06-26-2012, 10:24 PM
I just tried an interesting experiment. I made the pudding muffins, but did something different. I beat the 2 egg whites until they were stiff (made almost 2 cups of whipped egg whites), I added a tiny pinch of cream of tarter to keep the egg whites full. I made the pudding as directed AFTER the egg whites were done and then folded in the whites before the pudding set. Poured it into a greased 5" cake pan and baked 350 for 25 minutes. It puffed beautifully and flattened down to be about 2.25 inches tall (5 inches around). The texture was very similar to angle food cake, and the serving was huge.

Sounds wonderful! I'm a grandma, too! i will share- because I just found out today that I'm going to be a grandma to #5 in February!!!

jilian61
06-26-2012, 10:33 PM
I love grilled or roasted asparagus - but I'm not sure how to measure it. I don't want to chop it up in order to measure it. How does everyone else measure asparagus?

Thanks for any help.

patns
06-26-2012, 10:34 PM

Actually it doesn't matter when you have the restricted. Many people eat it as an evening snack. I always had mine late afternoon.

Pat

mooselover
06-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Maybe it's just my clinic, but I was told at the very beginning not to eat the restricted for bedtime snack because it is so high in carbs and there is not enough time left in the day to burn those carbs off. Just makes sense to me to eat it earlier in the day when they told me that. I was just repeating was I was told.

IPdivajen
06-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Because we're taking in so little carbs, even with the restricted, your body will still process them throughout the night, even if you're just sleeping, with basic metabolic functioning, so there's no time to store them or keep them for later before they're burned up. :)

newmom7611
06-26-2012, 11:09 PM
2nd day of coaching in the bag and I LOVE it!! Maybe it's partially that I'm out of the house and talking to adults for a few hours.. I do miss my baby while I'm gone, but we have lots of fun after my 4 hours of training. Anyway, I think it's so rewarding and such am awesome job to do after you've experienced it yourself.

I get alot of support on this board but *stefany* I could just SQUEEZE you! Lol you're so sweet :) *hug*
Kaypix- you continue to make me giggle with how animated you are, even in your posts, I can tell you have a kick *** personality.
Everyone else, keep up the great work!! I'm so proud of all of you! Those of you just starting or struggling, the program will work. Just be patient and keep going 100% and you'll be rewarding greatly! I love IP!!
One more week in phase 3 then I'm in maitenance! Just in time to enjoy some cupcakes with my (soon to be) one year old on his birthday (my designated cheat day). It's bittersweet.. My little baby is such a big boy already. Anyway congrats to you all!

mompattie
06-26-2012, 11:11 PM

Hold the phone!! What??? You make buffalo chicken?? seriously dude you must explain to me what an Actifry is and where do I buy one? And recipe please!!!
So yeah, no loss for me this week. .2 gain, actually. :(

I just don't get it.

Hopefully next week is better.

You are kicking butt and taking names girl!!! Your success is enviable. Your body is just saying "whoah there Nellie!". Have a catch up week is all. Just keep on keeping on. That's all you can do!!!

GrandmaKiss
06-26-2012, 11:19 PM
I love grilled or roasted asparagus - but I'm not sure how to measure it. I don't want to chop it up in order to measure it. How does everyone else measure asparagus?

Thanks for any help.

A cup of asparagus is 8-10 spears depending on how thick they are, maybe more if they are the teeny-tiny ones. I usually just use the amount I can hold in the "loop" my hand makes when my thumb and forefinger touch.

Trishak
06-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Maybe it's just my clinic, but I was told at the very beginning not to eat the restricted for bedtime snack because it is so high in carbs and there is not enough time left in the day to burn those carbs off. Just makes sense to me to eat it earlier in the day when they told me that. I was just repeating was I was told.

Mooselover,
I just did a little checking and found this interesting from the Maintenance Phase materials on Dr. Tran Tien's website:

"It’s wrong to think that if you have slow carbs for lunch, you’ll be able to burn them throughout the afternoon and that if you have slow carbs for dinner, your body might store them. It’s not that simple. Your body doesn’t use up your lunch during the afternoon. It must digest your lunch, convert it and assimilate it before it can use it for energy. Active people and athletes have pasta for dinner, but they don’t go out and run at night. Similarly, the Tour de France has never been held at night!"

So based on this I think it is ok to have the bars and restricteds in the evening during phase 1. All these coaches have their own ideas... so confusing!!! Of course having them earlier in the day works too!

Trish

Momto2cs
06-27-2012, 12:28 AM
The issue is coaches have their own preconceived ideas of weight loss and even if they have ip training some of it comes through.

Timing of food, restricteds vs none, exercise etc. everyone has a slightly different philosophy.

Ishbel
06-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Actually it doesn't matter when you have the restricted. Many people eat it as an evening snack. I always had mine late afternoon.

Pat

Agreed, the entire time I was on Phase 1 I had my restricted at night (I was told to have it when I needed it). It also works at night as you can digest those carbs and use them the next morning, same theory as carbs at night during maintenance.

Having said that, your relationship with your coach is about you, your plan and your coach's plan (your contract with them), so you should listen to your coach.

cscape
06-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Try Wildberry Yoghurt Drink, water, ice cube and spinach. You can add Strawberry/Watermelon MiO for flavouring and color. Mix it in a blender...best morning shake.

Thanks Hopeful in Canada! Will try it once I pick up a yogurt packet on Fri during WI.

cscape
06-27-2012, 12:43 AM

Pat

I agree with mooselove. The 2 coaches at my clinic said the protein bar is restricted to 1 a day and best eaten earlier in the day because it is high in carbs,

cscape
06-27-2012, 12:48 AM
WI Today, lost 1.8 lbs. which has officially put me at 60 lbs. lost since Feb. 22, 2012! AND, I am breathing down ONEderland's neck! :cb::dance::cp::dancer::comp::cheer2:

Diana..that is awesome..you go girl!

fatathlete
06-27-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm a little over a week in and I hate the vitamins. I burp chemicals after I take them and they KILL my stomach, isnt there some kind of alternative, I looked at some of the other threads and only found one that said a centrum equivalent but I was hoping for a chewable alternative? i finally have some energy today. I didn't have a weigh in last sat because my coach is only available every other Sat, which I think may be a mistake since Sunday was when I really struggled. Can I trust a coach that says she never had to diet and she went on IP to lose 3lbs?!?! My first weigh in will be this Sat and hopefully I the results I am hoping for!

cscape
06-27-2012, 12:57 AM

This program is amazing!

Way to Go :carrot::carrot::carrot:
I have my WI #2 on Friday..I'm hoping for 5..when I think how few calories I am eating on the IP plan , compared to what I was eating a few weeks ago, one would think the pounds would drop by leaps and bounds.

cscape
06-27-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm a little over a week in and I hate the vitamins. I burp chemicals after I take them and they KILL my stomach, isnt there some kind of alternative, I looked at some of the other threads and only found one that said a centrum equivalent but I was hoping for a chewable alternative? i finally have some energy today. I didn't have a weigh in last sat because my coach is only available every other Sat, which I think may be a mistake since Sunday was when I really struggled. Can I trust a coach that says she never had to diet and she went on IP to lose 3lbs?!?! My first weigh in will be this Sat and hopefully I the results I am hoping for!

Are you taking your vitamins 30 min after you've eaten to lessen the stomach upset? I found I had to switch the the crispy cereal to get some substance in my belly as I had the same problem as you (and I have a history of bleeding ulcers)
It's very unfortunate that your coach is only available every other week..it must be difficult..especially the first few weeks. Week 1 is rough enough with the coach's support (my coach is available by email and by phone!) Hang in there and keep using this site for information and support.

Longhorn Energy
06-27-2012, 01:42 AM
Hold the phone!! What??? You make buffalo chicken?? seriously dude you must explain to me what an Actifry is and where do I buy one? And recipe please!!!

Hi Mom!

Yea, I make them all the time now...sorry for holding out LOL

Actifry is a...Uhmmm...I dont know wtf it is but basically it turns out food similar to deep fried, without frying or using oil...They say a teaspoon of oil, but we never use any. They sell them everywhere, WallyWorld, Can Tire, Zellers, Bay, etc...Check around though the pricing is all over the place. Here is a link for it: http://www.tefal.com/All+Products/Cooking+appliances/Fryers/Products/ActiFry/Actifry.htm

Now...PC Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce...is of course 0/0/0 and Franks Red Hot Buffallo sauce is 5 cal and 1g carbs if I remember, but the PC stuff is good, and there is a mild version too.

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOnline/products.jsp?type=details&catIds=cat340019&next=25&productId=17863

Now...the chicken...I love wings but of course we are not supposed to have skin, so...Two diffferent way...

1) Chicken breast-cut into strips roughly the size of a chicken wing, toss into the Actifry for approx 25 mins, add sauce and back on for 5 mins..

2) I buy actual chicken wings (not split) and then split them myself, and with a fillet knife, one slice up each side and the skin peels right off, then I use actual chicken wings...they are definitely a bit fattier, but taste really good. Same process for cooking, but I do them a bit longer, approx 30 mins and then 5 more with the sauce.

If you were a wing lover, these are a fantastic substitute. The actifry apparently does all kinds of things like fries and stuff, but we actually bought it for meatballs, wings and perogies, then when I started IP it went into the pantry. I have just started experimenting with it, so more to follow.

BLUEJEWEL
06-27-2012, 02:29 AM

Thanks for any help.

i have the exact same question today...haha!