Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 02:31 PM   #1  
REC

Nice new system. Unfortunately, I lost the thread I started a month ago and was planning on updating it monthly.

I decided after 6 months on maintainance that I was ready to lose my last 15 pounds to get to my personal goal. I purchased the 12 week WW journal and am keeping meticulous track of all my foods (in the journal section) and weight lost (in the chart section). This journal is a KEEPER, so I'm REALLY careful on what I'm eating, because I don't want to look back and be embarrassed by what I ate. I also keep track of my daily exercise points. It also has areas to keep track of your clothes sizes and measurements.

I highly recommend this system.

Original weight: 176
WW goal: 153
Lifetime: 8/00

Start of journal: 2/3/01
Weight: 154

End of fourth week: 3/4/01
Weight: 147.2
Lost: 6.8

End of eigth week: 3/31/01
Weight: 148
Lost: 6

End of 12th week: 4/27/01
Weight: 153
Lost: 1

REC
176/ /153WW/size10 (135-140ish)P

Last edited by REC; 04-27-2001 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2001, 01:24 PM   #2  

Hey REC -
I also responded to your post on the bakers cookies thread from 1 1/2 weeks ago. Great job on the weight loss so far - 6.8 pounds in a month is great!!! I may decided to give losing those few last pounds another run in the near future.

Katie
Old 03-06-2001, 03:24 PM   #3  

REC,
I am also keeping a running journal, of sorts. You are doing great, and starting yesterday I am following your lead and attacking those last 15 lbs. Even 5- 10 of them would be enough!!! Keep us updated of your progress, and Good Luck!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 09:19 AM   #4  
REC

Hi, Katie and Saskie,

Thanks for the encouraging words. We can ALL do this. It seems that smaller increments of goals (for me, 21 pounds to WW, wait awhile, then 19 pounds to personal goal) is easier than just 40 pounds. This keeper journal is a real motivator, as is positive self talk.

BTW, I tried on my old size 10 jeans yesterday. I sucked in and zipped them up. I looked REALLY silly (still way to small), but at least I can see me in them my sort-of-near future. Just a month or two ago, I couldn't get them over my hips! I can now wear my old stretchy size M (10-12) pants now that were just a little tight a month ago.

I'll update this again after week 8 WI.
Old 03-31-2001, 12:00 PM   #5  
REC

End of 8th week:

Well, I had a very stressful few weeks and ended up eating over points range most days. I also exercised a little less than usual and didn't drink as much water as usual. All of this is in my "keeper" journal. I still believe I kept my weight gain to a minimum because of the journal.

So, although I would have liked to see another few pounds off of me from the past four weeks, I'm still better than I was when I started this journal. I'm happy to say that I'm back OP (and have been for a couple of days) and have a 6 mile walking date with my sister this afternoon.

REC
176/148/153WW/size 10-135ish P
Old 04-01-2001, 12:31 AM   #6  

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to figure out exactly how this whole thing works. I'm not sure of anything when it comes to computers etc. I don't know what a thread is or any of the lingo but I do know alot about WW and what it has done for me. Also please excuse me if I have put you on my buddy list. I am not sure what that is but I hit that on the list and was told that I had added that person to my list. Sorry.
Well I have been a lifetime member of WW since 1991 and have recently started back after having two kids in two years. I started this time at 171.8 pounds and after eight weeks I have lost thirteen pounds to put me at158.8. I am really pleased that I have been able to put on my bluejeans after not having worn them in over two years. I still have a way to go to get back to my goal of 130. I am not worried about getting there as much as I am of staying there. That is the hardest part of it all. Well I am done having kids so I have no excuses to use any more. My youngest is one so I really can't use him any more either. It worked for a little while.
Well I don't want to keep you reading forever I just wanted to try and figure this whole thing out. I could reallly use your help on what to do with this computer.

Thanks for listening.
Melhudson/Happymom
Old 04-02-2001, 04:22 PM   #7  

Default Melissa, you posted just fine!

I just wanted you to know that it looks like you posted just fine even though you are new at this!

I am proud of you for losing so much weight and for sticking with WW for so long. Keep up the good work and help me along!!

HUGS
Karen
Old 04-02-2001, 07:27 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Hi REC,

I remember when you went out and bought the journal. I was interested in seeing how you fared. Looks like its a winner! Not to mention that you also kept working at it too.

I am going back after being gone for 6 weeks. I know I gained while out of town and am back on track, but I won't be accountable till I reup and face the music.

You have inspired me.

lala
Old 04-27-2001, 07:46 PM   #9  
REC

Well, I'm at the end of my "Last 15 Pounds Journal" and I lost a total of 1 pound in 12 weeks. Not quite what I expected!

I'm unemployed and hurt my knee. I think this stress and more easy-going exercise I've been doing took it's toll on me.

However, 1 pound loss is still better than any gain! So, I bought another 12 week journal and am starting again. I'll get there, yet!

I still recommend the journal and its charts. I think without them, I probably would have gained.

REC

176/153/153WW/size 10 WW (approx. 135-140)
Closed Thread