General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #1  

Angry hobbies

What are some of your hobbies? I am looking for ideas for hobbies that will transfer into "vacations." What I mean, is, is there anything that you all do that, when you go on vacation, you are able to continue those hobbies? That, while you're on vacation, you can continue enjoying something you have now?

Examples I am looking for is: golfing/finding a vacation destination that includes golfing. I am looking for a hobby/and am wondering if anyone out there has hobbies that helps dictate where you go for a vacation.

Also-if any of you have any ideas on how to determine or how to find a hobby, I would GREATLY appreciate it!
Thanks a million!!
Old 03-30-2003, 05:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

You could take up photography. Then you could take pictures wherever you went, not just on vacation. Or birdwatching, rock collecting, somthing like that. I am a quilter, so I go to every fabric store I can find away from home. Have fun!
Old 03-31-2003, 01:25 PM   #3  

Angry

Thanks, Goodforme! You have some good ideas. I need to find "the thing" that will be a side-track from food and that will help me have a goal, of sorts, when I go on trips.

Thanks! Happy SPRING!
Old 05-13-2003, 09:29 AM   #4  

Default Hobbies

hottie:
I get so many hobbies - it sometimes gets out of control. For vacation time I enjoy hiking and fishing. I love to go camping and we find destinations that include some great hiking spots. It's great exercise and the views are breathtaking. I always have a small pack with some apples, water, kashi cereal, & other snacks in case it is a long hike. We always seem to meet the neatest people on our trecks.

I have done some needlepoint projects while driving long distances. When I look at one I have framed over the fireplace it makes me think of the Grand Cayman trip we took.

I love to buy souveniers on our trips - not junk, but nice things to have around the house. I like even going to flea markets & finding interesting things to have & then I remember our journey.

happy trails!
Old 05-19-2003, 04:27 PM   #5  

Scuba diving, snorkeling, snow boarding, skiing, hiking, bicycling, gardening, cooking.

I think for any hobby, you could probably figure out a place to go to, but you just might need to be a bit creative. If you choose a sports type hobby, you won't have to be as creative.
Closed Thread