Simply Filling/Core - Core/simply Filling Weekly Chat June 25-july 1, 2012

ontarget
06-25-2012, 11:33 AM
New pages.

Jackie, your weight will start to drop soon, especially with all the exercise you've added. Kayaking has to be worth a lot!

I'm off to Splash Station. Ya'll have a marvelous Monday.

pam920
06-25-2012, 12:30 PM
hello chickies.

Sandra, congrats on the smaller dress size and have fun with the kiddos. thanks for the new pages.

Jackie, I'm in KY. I have a house in Florida, but we are there in the winter. It's hot and sunny here in KY. We might get the backlash of Debbie when it comes up from FL. Where are you on the gulf coast? Trying to lost a pound can be so frustrating.

My eye was hurting yesterday and today it's still hurting. Thought it was allergies but it's a sty. Hasn't come to a head yet. Been applying hot compresses to move it along. Haven't had one since I was a kid.

Need to run into town and we are going to Mexican for lunch.

Tejas
06-25-2012, 07:41 PM
back later, off to a church board meeting, after a day with my niece visiting her father/my brother....

sloanie
06-25-2012, 10:10 PM
We got back from Orlando last night at 10 after a 12 hour drive. I am very tired, but very excited!!! My students came in third in the nation in their event!!!

Jackie W
06-25-2012, 10:54 PM
I had another long day at work. Someone called in so I decided to get some unplanned overtime. The problem with that is that I did not bring enough food. I did good though. I had a grilled chicken breast at work. Then I picked up Mcdonald's for my starving son on the way home. I had him put a potato in the microwave and fish in the oven for me. No Mcdonalds for me! I need a veggie but I think I will settle for a nectarine.

Pam- I'm glad you are out of Debby's way. I live in Gulfport, MS so we will be out of the way too. I hope your eye feels better.

Sandra- I hope your day at Splash Station was fun. I'm sure it was!

Sloan- I'm glad you and your students made it home safely.

I just checked the weather for Saturday. It is going to be a scorcher! 98 degrees and sunny. I will need more sun protection!

Tejas
06-25-2012, 11:49 PM
congrats, Sloan!

I'm worn out and am going to bed. :yawn:

Vickie
06-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Have a great day....I've got a MILLION things to do, plus Jim's Dentist appointment.

Driveway looks great so far!

ontarget
06-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Pam, ouch! Are you going to the doctor for your stye? A friend of ours has really had a terrible time with one. I hope yours doesn't get to that point. Take care.

Jackie, you are very focused. You get an "atta-girl" award.

Sloan, congratulations to you and your students. Now get some rest and enjoy your summer.

Vickie, is Jim getting his temp crown today? I now am permanently crowned. At least I hope this one is permanent. Can't afford any more big dental bills.

Rhonda, how was your meeting last evening?

I just got home from WW. Lost 2 lbs this week! I think taking fruit for snacks to the pool on Monday paid off. We'll have chicken salad for lunch today then run errands. Folks are coming to shoot @ 4:30. We are going to evaluate the heat (100+) this afternoon and maybe rethink our shooting schedule. A new archery center is opening Aug. 1. We'll prob move everyone there where it will be indoors/with a/c.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

Tejas
06-26-2012, 05:05 PM
108F downtown a few minutes ago...

ontarget
06-26-2012, 05:10 PM
We're melting here. Today--for sure!--is our last 4:30 shooting. I'm too sweet. I melt easily.:dizzy:

sloanie
06-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey chicks! Sounds like Texas is sweltering. Middle Tennessee had an unseasonably cool day with very low humidity! Beautiful, but 100 degrees is forecast for Friday (that's more like a Middle Tennessee summer). Hope you Texas chicks keep cool!

Sandra, congrats on losing two pounds! :carrot:

Hey Vickie, Jackie, Pam, Nancy, and Maryann :D

Have a great night, y'all!!

ontarget
06-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Enjoy your cooler temps while you can, Sloan.

pam920
06-26-2012, 09:39 PM
evening chickies.

woohoo Sandra, 2 lbs is fabulous.

sloan, I'm a couple hrs from you so we get the same weather. Yes, it started out cooler today but got warm by afternoon. I do not look forward to the 100 degrees that is forcasted.

Sandra and Rhonda, you girls have to be near melting in that heat.

Well, this eye has me baffled. It started out hurting one morning. Both eyes, then the right eye started really hurting and the left was fine. Yesterday was the worst day, it hurt so bad. Today, it's not hurting as bad and the swelling is going down. So, I guess it wasn't a sty. I have no clue what is going on. It's still tender, but much improved. I've been using hot compresses and that may be helping. I would think if it's allergies, it would be in both eyes. My lid was swollen and one spot was really hurting, at my eyelash line. I'm thinking maybe something bit me during the night. Maybe a spider????

I see Maryann has left us again. We are going to have to send out the cyber police on her.

ontarget
06-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Pam, you're right. We're sweltering and melting all at the same time. I just finished doing a bit of watering. I used a power wash nozzle on our oak trees out front. They said thank you.

Glad your eye is better. It's good you don't have the stye.

nancy237
06-26-2012, 10:08 PM
sorry I have been missing..

The painting looks fine , but the door install & deck staining have been
problematic..They are trying to even out the deck stain but I may just go with a solid stain that will cover all the problems ...

I have been stuck at home for a few weeks with these projects and that has gotten me down I think..Hopefully they are almost done..

We have a few cool days here ..Right now feels like its in the 60's

Jackie..I am learning to kayak and shopping for a good one too. What kind are you looking for?

Sloan..thats great about your students..

ontarget
06-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Nancy, is there something nearby you'd like to do? Curtis and I are talking about going to a local flea market tomorrow. (We'll prob melt.)

nancy237
06-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Nancy, is there something nearby you'd like to do? Curtis and I are talking about going to a local flea market tomorrow. (We'll prob melt.)

Sandra..What I want to do is go see my brother in Ga & also see my grandparents in Columbia, SC & also my son in Boone,NC. Now that the house painting & doors & deck are wrapping up I will be able to do some of that and also see my friends more here in town. Wish you had our cool days ..

ontarget
06-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Nancy, I hope you get to visit your family. Those visits will be good and fun for all of you. I wish we had some cooler temps, too.

Vickie
06-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

WOW....yesterday was SO busy. We left at 8:00 and didn't really get home to sit down until after 3:30. Today is more of the same. Brodie is going for a photo shoot as part of a fundraiser for an animal shelter. Should be fun. Hope he cooperates! I don't know yet if I'll be able to buy the disc. We'll see.

Sandra, I'm SO SO SOOOOO proud of you! I wish you could bottle your enthusiasm. Congratulations on your spectacular loss this week.

Rhonda, I hope you'll be feeling better soon. I understand how it feels to be constrained with an injury. I've not exercised for over a year. I'm now looking into Village indoor pool aerobic because the walking may never be an exercise option.

Sloan, I'm so glad you had fun. How did the weigh in go. I bet you stayed the same or lost.

Nancy, you sound down. I understand completely. This remodeling stuff....managing the projects....making decisions....is VERY hard! We are waiting for our new driveway to cure now and I'm SO anxious and afraid that someone will drive on it and ruin it. Just do one project at a time. What happened with the stain? Did they not power wash first or something? Stain should go on evenly if applied properly and prepped correctly.

Pam, I'd go to the eye doctor if I were you. Can't mess around with your eyes. Is it any better?

Huh....Mary Ann is gone again! Well, at least this time we can just assume she's busy.

Well....we are forecast to be in the 90's for the next 10 days. Ridiculous! Did I mention that my Niece, who is only 11 years older than me, and lives 15 minutes away is getting a 24 foot above ground pool installed? She and her kids are the ones who used to swim in our pool when we had it. So....that will be fun to be able to swim again occasionally.

Gotta go and get Mr. Brodie ready for his shoot!

ontarget
06-27-2012, 10:02 AM
America's Next Top Model is.............
Master Brodie!!!!!

I hope all goes well with the photo shoot, Vickie. That is exciting news about your niece's getting the pool. Use, it!! Ya'll will have a lot of fun just like in the past and now you won't have the maintenance. Best of both worlds!

We got out early this am. I watered and did a little raking. Curtis is still out there. I'm hoping he'll have had enough outside stuff and we'll go do something indoors this afternoon.

Saw MaMa Rabbit this morning. Life is good!

Tejas
06-27-2012, 12:21 PM
I think I'm getting a bit down. I went to my last physio today, and I've made good progress. But, as I think I said, I have to sit out two tap performances this week. It's really made me think a lot about people with mobility restrictions. I've always been sympathetic, but now have a taste of it.

What must it be like to be moving one minute, then have a stroke or accident that changes your life. Enjoy as much as you can!

I have surgery in 10 days and will have more restrictions after that. I've got a stack of books to read, and I hope I'll get started on them.

Vickie! Slow down :lol:

Nancy, I know it's a drag to do all of those renos, but I hope you can travel soon to see those you love.

nancy237
06-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Figured out my problem..I have been pretty isolated here with the painting, deck & door projects..That got be down and then I started thinking I need to
sell the house fast to get it over with & that makes me feel pressured to figure out how to get everything done in a month..

So I feel better, I will do some traveling and work on the house at a relaxed pace and then try to sell in the spring...

I haven't felt like cooking much so I need to figure out how to eat right without cooking..Salads, yogurt & nuts, healthy take out, rotisserie chicken ect..

Vickie..they applied the stain on a 95 degree day when the deck was in the sun and too hot..It caused it to come out very uneven..They are sanding some and reapplying and its looking better..

ontarget
06-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Rhonda, :hug: You are right about living life to our fullest while we can. That's why Curtis and I try to do everything we want with archery now. We've seen several of our friends having to drop out due to health issues. Keep your spirits up and do what your doctors say. My money is on your being back tapping soon.

Nancy, I am impressed with your patience. If I decided to sell, I'd probably sell quickly. I am A D D and get pretty impulsive.

We went to the flea market and were there about 20 minutes. We did a quick walkthrough. I did find a cute sun hat to wear. I'd been looking for some for weeks. Never thought of looking at a flea market. It was new. Still had the tag. In fact, I bought it from a vendor that had all new stuff. He had oodles of these hats. I may have to go back next Wednesday. ;)

beach bum
06-27-2012, 03:47 PM
HI Ladies:)

I'm back,my sister,left today and now everything is back to normal. Had a great time with her remising about this that happened long ago. Now I really have to go on a diet,she tool me out to practically to every restaurant in town and than more.

My fridge is fine found no problems with it so now I'm going out with Rita to Trader Joes to pick up some products that I can serve with a salad to make a meal..But before we're going to the Olive Garden for lunch.

Thank goodness it cooled off,and the temps are back to normal up here,no A/C's are needed.. Now to get serious to going back to walking along the beach again.now that the nice weather is here.

SANDRA-Thanks for the new pages,congrats on your 2 lb weight loss and going into another dress size Wow!!! You're doing wonderfully.Every proud of you.

PAM& VICKIE-My sister was here,but I will promise to stay on the thread more this week although I'm going out with Rita to Oliver Garden tomorrow and than to Trader Joe's for me to pick up some food products. But other than that I will be posting again as I don't have company until Aug.

Have to go have a great evening.

Tejas
06-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Sandra :hug:

Nancy, I was actually wondering about you being a bit isolated with all that work. Don't feel pressured to sell if you don't just have to do it. You'll get a better price if you've done the work and done it well, and are actually ready to sell. It took me about 2 years to get my very small property in Toronto really ready.

I'm probably a bit down because of the trip to see my brother this week. He is in a VA facility with Alzheimers. But, he is still very smart about his situation and he's not happy at all. He has been a difficult person to deal with most of his life, having suffered from bipolar illness. It's been such a mixed life and took such a toll on those of us who were connected to him. Mental illness sucks.

pam920
06-27-2012, 05:30 PM
hello chicks.

Rhonda, chin up. You are so right about living life to the fullest, as you never know what tomorrow will bring. It has to be so hard for you as you were so active before this injury. Sorry about your brother.

Sandra, I was trying to find a hat in florida, with no luck. I dont get out enough here in KY to worry about a hat. We don't see many rabbits on the farm, like we used to.

Nancy, good idea to take it slow. I don't know what i'd do if my husband got sick or died. I could not take care of this place. He uses a tractor to mow and we have a lot of hills. No way would I attempt it.

Maryann, your sis didn't stay long. It was fun, I know. I love getting together with my sis. I met up with one of them when I went to my cousins funeral. The other I'll see when I get back to FL.

Vickie, I hear we have a star in the bldg. Hope the shoot went well.

hey sloan and Jackie.

Jackie W
06-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Good evening everyone!

Rhonda :hug: I know surgery and recovery will go well.

Nancy :hug: You have been through and doing a lot. You are very strong. I know visiting your family will make you feel better. I have only rented a sit on top kayak. I really like it because my white legs could get some sun. I will probably look into buying one next year.

Sandra Congrats on the 2lb loss! That is great :carrot:

I went for my yearly checkup with my primary care doctor today. If I don't get my LDL and cholesterol down I will be put on medication. He even ordered a liver panel so that if he has to put me on the medicine he won't have to wait on the liver panel to prescribe the meds. OUCH!! I feel that with my diet and exercise it will not come to that. My next blood tests are not until November. (The previous tests were done in Feb.) So now I have some extra incentive.

On a better note...I just reserved my kayak for this Saturday!!

ontarget
06-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Maryann, you and your sister got to do a lot of catching up and reminiscing. That's good.

We just got a Trader Joe's in Fort Worth. It's still too far away to be convenient for me to buy groceries. Maybe some day one will be built closer.

Rhonda, visiting your brother had to take it out of you emotionally. I'd probably be feeling down, too.

Vickie, has Jim been crowned? How did the photo shoot go?

Pam, I'm loving my little hat. Now I need a new sundress. :carrot:

I met my friend at the archery center and we shot a round (game). We had a great time. This was the first time she and I have gotten to be together in a few weeks. I'm meeting another friend there later this week. Life is good.

Ya'll keep cool and safe.

nancy237
06-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Reading & napping all afternoon. Its cool so my window is open and I can hear our waterfall..Reading The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond. The main character's fiance's 6 year old daughter disappeared at the beginning of the book while they were walking on the beach on a foggy day. Police think she drowned.
It's been a great book that is hard to put down.

ontarget
06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Your book sounds good and your waterfall sounds awesome!

Vickie
06-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Once Bug Boy...aka Terminix leaves we should have a quiet day with nothing to look forward to but date night. The carpenter ants are out with a vengeance this year. We get quarterly treatment but had to call them back for an extra. Carpenter ants can be destructive so we need to stay on top of them.

Rhonda, I so wish we all lived closer. Would love to take you out for a cup of coffee and have a laugh or two. Somehow laughter makes everything seem better. I know that your enforced activity is really depressing for you and I understand completely. It's been a year for me and I'm ready to start trying again. My weight has skyrocketed and I've controlled my eating but now need to start moving again. You have to be patient and let your body heal.

Geez....none of us are particularly blessed in the patience department. Nancy, it's great that you aren't making any rash decisions. Take your time....fix up the house and when you have it in good shape you can put it on the market and not worry about people trying to lowball you. But...give yourself a break now and then for some fun. It sounds perfect....reading a book by your waterfall. We have the air on full blast and no signs of being able to turn it off for a while. We have a 10 day forecast of high 90's. And, humidity bothers me and makes me wheeze, so I can't even open up at end of day or beginning. Oh well!

Sandra, did you find a cute sundress? I know your heat is bad too so you must need that cool little outfit. Trader Joe's is REALLY cool, but it's not the kind of place that you'd be able to shop for a whole week. It has cool stuff. I like their spices and flowers and things. Some great frozen as well. I use their frozen garlic cubes in my cooking a lot because I got tired of buying and throwing away fresh garlic.

Pam, I don't want to think about life without Jim either. He is my rock.

Mary Ann, glad you had fun with your Sister. I need to call mine. I haven't talked to her in a couple of days.

Sloan, what's up with you? Are you recovered from your trip yet?

Jackie, find that kayak? I'd never get in a kayak. I love water but don't know how to swim AND I'd be afraid I'd get stuck in that little hole!

So.....Brodie had his photo shoot. She took lots of great shots but I was a bit annoyed because her air was out and she didn't cancel the session. Poor Brodie's tongue was hanging out in most of the shots. I also asked for a digital copy of the shoot and she said she doesn't do that. I guess I should have asked up front. Oh well. I'm getting a 10 x 12 and the session for $60. I'm sure that doesn't include the frame. She is coming to our house on Sunday to show us the photoshopped shots so we can pick. She says she'll put an album on her website or FB page when she's done. I'll give you guys a link when I get it.

Something weird happened with Brodie though. Jim took him out to the car and he had something that seemed almost like an adrenal crash. He wouldn't sit in his car seat for next to me on the seat. He was on the floor cowering. Maybe he was overheated. He's had a couple of weird episodes after being overheated. He seemed much better after we got on the road and got the air on. I was able to pick him up and put him back in his harness. I had ice with us for him and a travel bottle of cold water. He had a few sips of water but didn't want the ice. I guess he's just going to be a home dog that doesn't like a lot of excitement. Kind of like his Mama!

What are you all planning for the Fourth of July? We haven't had any invites so we are probably staying home and grilling. Even if we did go out we'd come home before the fireworks to be with Brodie.

Have a great day!

ontarget
06-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi there. We are home from the lake. We opted for a drive on land instead of water and did some park scouting. We had a good time and stayed cool the entire morning. When we got home, I made chicken fajitas that included sauteed jalapenos from our garden.

Vickie, it sounds like Brodie overheated. I can't imagine what it must be like to be wearing a black fur coat in this heat. Poor Brodie!

We are going to a gathering in Granbury this Sunday. On the 4th we're going to a Fish Fry at the local church down the road. Thursday evening we have a potluck at our church then Sunday the 8th, we have another potluck.

Am I worried about all these eating events? Yes. I plan to do the best I can. Weight Watchers is Tuesday and my new week begins that same day, so at least the 4 events are sort over a 2 week period. Sort of. :dizzy:

I still don't have the sundress. A new shipment is due today. I'm waiting on it. Also, I need to buy ingredients to make the Weight Watcher Dreamcicle Cake. I may make it all 4 times. Not sure yet. Two of the events will have the same people, so I will prob at least make it with different flavors for one of those.

Okay, who's next? What are your plans?

Tejas
06-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Vickie, I hope Brodie is OK! :hug:

I've been coming up with things I can do while I'm resting. Really, I have lots of books I want to read. I can catch up on my family history and an art project or two.

I've also dug out the Mayo Clinic and low GI diet books to read (again) what I need to be doing.

On the 4th I'm going to join either my church or my favorite political party in our city parade. I'll ride, not walk! I don't imagine that DH and I will do much.

ontarget
06-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Riding in a parade sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Jackie W
06-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Vickie- I hope Brodie is feeling better with some AC and rest.

Rhonda- a parade does sound fun! Enjoy! Stay cool.

Sandra- Wow, you are a busy woman! Sounds like a lot of yummy food. The best meals are at churches! I would probably eat myself into a coma.

Hey Maryann, Sloan, Nancy and Pam!

I was on pinterst pinning cupcake recipes for my best friends wedding. Now I am starving. Chicken salad will have to do tonight.

Y'all have a great evening and a great Friday! :)

sloanie
06-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Hey chickies! I don't currently have any plans for the fourth, but our family usually gets together. DH and I have been floating in our pool for the past few afternoons. It has been hot, but the humidity has been low. It is supposed to be over 100 degrees tomorrow. I know you all in Texas have had it the past few days, so I guess it has moved our way! I am still trying to find my way with WW. Some days I am pretty good, and some days "not so much"! I won't quit though.

Sandra, need to see the new dress!

Rhonda, hope you get some rest but have fun doing it!

Vickie, hope Brodie is okay! Can't wait to see some pics from his photo shoot, even if his tongue is hanging out!

Nancy, glad to see you are getting some rest! Enjoy!!

Jackie, hoping for good results on your cholesterol tests :)

Maryann, glad you got to be with your sis! I love being with mine :smug:

Pam, any new projects on the horizon?

Have a great night chicks!!

ontarget
06-28-2012, 08:54 PM
I didn't get a sundress afterall. I didn't like the way I looked in them, so I got a new top to wear with shorts. Our WW leader told us, "No elactic waistbands." My shorts button and zip.

Sloan, enjoy floating. Sounds good to me!

Jackie, I made chicken salad earlier this week and we enjoyed it.

I watered about 1.5 hours this evening. I'm dreading our water bill. Oh, well........

pam920
06-28-2012, 09:08 PM
hello chickies.

sloan, i'm working on a little pedestal table right now. Stay cool. I had to walk down to the old barn today and thought I wasn't going to make it back up the driveway. The heat was horrible. Like I was suffocating.

Sandra, you have quite a bit lined up. You have been doing so good, I think you will handle it just fine.

Rhonda, I used to read all the time, until I discovered the internet.

Jackie, cupcakes sound so good. When is the wedding?

Nancy, sounds lovely, the waterfall and readying. No way can we open our windows with this heat.

Vickie, poor Brodie. Hope he is back to normal.

I'm not doing anything the 4th. Hubby has to go relieve his sister. This is the week her husband takes vacation. He retires in Oct. so maybe next year we can actually have a cookout or something. The one sis leaves every holiday during the summer, so we don't have many gatherings anymore. We did cook out Memorial day, which was rare.

Next week I'm on my own, so I might tackle the spare room that is looking like a hoarder lives in there. It's the catch all. I may take a lot of it to Florida for a garage sale. Too good to throw out and I'm too far off the beaten track to have a garage sale here.

Have a good evening

pam920
06-28-2012, 09:11 PM
I forgot to mention. Has anyone had the 3-2-1 cake? Did I hear about it here? It's pretty good. Look it up.

Tejas
06-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Never had that cake...will look it up.

I just had blueberries, greek yogurt, stevia, and 1 T cocoa. It was delicious.

pam920
06-29-2012, 08:29 AM
good morning chicks.

Rhonda, I bought some yogurt but forget to eat it. Your mix sounds yummy.

It's suppose to be 106 for the next 3 days. I will be staying inside for sure. Drinking my coffee and listening to the news. I think it stinks about Ann Curry. I really liked her. Shame on NBC for not giving her a nice farewell good bye. I am protesting. I usually watch Today Show, but I'm switching to Good Morning America. Seems like many are upset. I will laugh if their ratings fall, and then they can't blame Ann. Not crazy over the girl that is suppose to replace her.

Have a great day..........

Tejas
06-29-2012, 08:32 AM
My niece and I are going to go look at an old upright piano that someone wants to get rid of just for the cost of moving...it's about 30 minutes from here, and we'll have breakfast out. She's a good pianist and has agreed to look at it with me.

I hope it's in good shape; I'd like to have a piano and take up lessons again.

Tejas
06-29-2012, 08:32 AM
:wave: Pam

ontarget
06-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Rhonda, let us know if you get the piano. My brother has one of Grandmother Sheets'. (She had 2. I don't know where the 2nd is.) Piano should be perfect for you especially while you are recovering.

Pam, we don't normally do much on holidays. This time is very unusual for us.

We've already walked a little over a mile this morning. I've watered my part and now Curtis is out watering trees using the riding mower and a water tank on a wagon. We're going out for fish for lunch.

I've had the 3-2-1 cake but now make it differently. I use 1/3 c. of the cake mixture (half regular cake mix and half angel food cake mix) and 3 T water. I still nuke it for 1 minute. It was 3 points on the old plan, so it's probably 4 now. Not sure so I just give it 3 points. I have been using white cake mix then topping it with fresh strawberries and a dollop of cool whip. I added 1 pt for the cool whip. I may not be giving this enough points, but I'm still losing eating it.

beach bum
06-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi Ladies:)

I posted yesterday but I didn't see my post this morning.TG I kept a copy of what I said.

MY neighbors from New York are down for the 4th of July holiday,and what beautiful weather they brought with them. My friend Rita and I are going to Trader Joes now that my fridge is working again. Really thought that I would have to replace it ,but TG its going to last a little while longer.Other wise nothing new here.

===============================================

Went to the supermarket today,I bought a small amount of groceries at Stop & Shop,and now I finished for the holiday shopping. Rita thought to go down to Woods Hole for the 4th but just in case it too crowded to be there I will invited to my house for a mini bbq.

Maryann, your sis didn't stay long. It was fun, I know. I love getting together with my sis. I met up with one of them when I went to my cousins funeral. The other I'll see when I get back to FL.

PAM-No my sister left early as she very busy real estate agent.The next time I will be with her again is a Thanksgiving time.

Maryann, you and your sister got to do a lot of catching up and reminiscing. That's good.

We just got a Trader Joe's in Fort Worth. It's still too far away to be convenient for me to buy groceries. Maybe some day one will be built closer.

SANDRA-We had a wonderful time eating at restaurants and reminiscing I bought $ 80 worth of foods at Trader Joe's but if I bought them in the supermarket I would have spend more.

Mary Ann, glad you had fun with your Sister. I need to call mine. I haven't talked to her in a couple of days.

VICKIE-Thanks I had a great time with my sister,too bad she couldn't stay for the weekend.,but she calls me every day,so its still a visit.

Maryann, glad you got to be with your sis! I love being with mine

SLOAN-At one time when we were younger we didn't get along but now that we're older and wiser we are back together again.

I just had blueberries, greek yogurt,

RHONDA-That's what I bought at Trader Joe's yesterday going to have it sometime over the weekend.

Have to go,had a wonderful day

ontarget
06-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Maryann, glad you had fun and got some bargains.

Tejas
06-29-2012, 07:47 PM
The piano is mine if the transfer works out. The owner has someone who is a piano mover and tuner, but he hasn't called me yet. The piano was a Christmas gift to the woman from her husband decades ago. She wants the room for a china cabinet as she expands her dining area to fit the growing brood of grandchildren. Her husband died in February and she lives alone in the most recent 10- year- old home on lake property near here.

She was very nice, and we had a good visit. She's a real Texan in that she had the iced tea ready to serve when we arrived!

ontarget
06-29-2012, 07:52 PM
:bravo: Rhonda. That's good news!

pam920
06-29-2012, 09:02 PM
woohoo Rhonda. Score!!!

Tejas
06-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Piano coming tomorrow in the early afternoon! :dance:

:woohoo:

Vickie
06-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to more errands and lunch out with Jim. I'm having a beautiful orchard salad.

ontarget
06-30-2012, 12:22 PM
:woohoo: Rhonda!

Vickie, an orchard salad sounds perfect for this time of year. What all is in it?

I just made a bean soup and cornbread. Also, I have the WW Dreamsicle cake in the fridge for tomorrow's gathering. I'm hungry!

nancy237
06-30-2012, 12:41 PM
It was 107 here yesterday..Inside projects & a movie kept me cool..
Planning the same today..

Tomorrow I am going to Boone to see my son and then to Va to explore Martinsville,Va where my parents lived when they were first married. Plan to find the gravesite of a baby sister that was buried there. I think I would like to buried near her.

ontarget
06-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Nancy, have a safe trip. Keep cool. I hope you can find the grave site. I'll be with you in spirit if you need me.

Tejas
06-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Piano is here, and all is well. It needs tuning, but we'll let it adjust first.

Nancy, have a safe and good trip.

I've stayed inside all day except to go get money for piano tuner. I might go to a play downtown tonight, and I might not. :lol:

ontarget
06-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Rhonda, glad you got your piano. We've stayed home all day, too.

I've been cooking most of the day. Just finished making some meatballs using Picante as an ingredient. They are delicious! Horton kitchen is now closed for the day.

Jackie W
06-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Good evening everyone!

Nancy- have fun and stay safe on your trip!

Pam- the wedding is in Oct. and I have so much to do before then.

Rhonda- have fun with your new piano!

Sandra- Yum bean soup and cornbread! Sounds great!

Vickie- I would love to know what was in your orchard salad too.

Maryann- I don't know what Trader Joe's is but I think I want one near me!

I went kayaking again today. The water was down because of the lack of rain. But it was still great fun and exercise! I weighed myself today and I have lost 2lbs!! Yay!!

I found a new website... skinnytaste.com. Oh my goodness, food porn! :o

Everyone have a great evening and a great Sunday!

ontarget
06-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Jackie, Trader Joe's is sort of a specialty grocery store.

Congratulations on being down another 2 pounds.

Jackie W
06-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Thank you Sandra

ontarget
06-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Jackie, are you getting married? I missed something here.

Jackie W
06-30-2012, 10:05 PM
I am definitely not getting married. I am a bridesmaid. I just have a lot on my plate with my best friends wedding. I'm planning the bridal shower and bachelorette party with her sister. I feel like I'm planning a wedding.

Tejas
07-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Happy Canada Day!!

(ps: Jackie, I'm a Texan but lived in Canada for 34 years, in case you're wondering what this is about.)

ontarget
07-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Jackie, thank you for the clarification. I was confused. Your friend is lucky to have you. Looks like you're helping her a great deal. You're a good friend.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're back in Texas. Glad I am, too.

Jackie, I lived in Montana several years after I retired in 97. We moved back to Texas in 07.

Curtis just took some Claritin and is now catching a nap before we go to the gathering in Granbury. He did a lot of mowing yesterday (riding mower) and stirred up a lot of dust. We'll be leaving for the gathering in a couple of hours.

Ya'll should see me. I bought a "sort of" ponytail the other day. It's the kind that clips on then you wrap it around your existing ponytail or bun. I wrapped mine around my tiny bun so it's looking like a bigger bun. It's sort of cute even if I say so myself. And it matches!

pam920
07-01-2012, 04:44 PM
hey chickies.

Sandra, I bet your tail/bun looks cute. Have fun later.

Jackie, big congrats on your loss. Wish I could say the same, but nope.

Happy Canada Day Rhonda. Do you miss it?

I've been hard at work today. I bought some cubes, etc. and trying to organize the spare room. It was looking like a hoarder lived there. I am about 1/2 through. Looking much better. I need to find a table for my sewing machine and when I work on crafts. This room used to be my dads, before he died. I gave my granddaughter the mattress set, so now I'm stuck with a headboard with no mattress. Thinking about getting a twin and making it a daybed. A full mattress will take up a lot more room. But then again, why do I need the middle of the room? A full/queen would be more practical.

Back to work........

sloanie
07-01-2012, 08:00 PM
To Knoxville, TN (about 6 hours round trip) today for a memorial service. Got to spend some precious time with family I haven't seen in years. Tired, and glad to be back in my comfy clothes at home.

Happy day, chicks!

nancy237
07-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Amazing day in the NC mountains visiting my oldest son... We canoed and found an island and just spent time swimming & tubing there. His dog is so cute sleeping on the tube with him. Wish I had of had a camera ..later a great dinner at a Japanese Steak House. Plan to stay & shop some tomorrow & then head home.

Tejas
07-01-2012, 11:33 PM
All those busy days! I just went to church, took a nap, washed the patios and that was it! Oh, yes, I played one tune on the piano ;)