Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 06/25/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 06/25/12

rissimo
06-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

drakegirl
06-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a terrific day. I am ready for a new week full of summer fun and being OP!

Thorfinn
06-25-2012, 08:55 AM
NSV - Not feeling self-conscious with my shirt off on the boat all weekend :D

dizzyjean
06-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Morning all, My WI over the weekend was 4 pounds down. I've been averaging about 1.5 pounds a week. Could it be that solving the big C problem and cutting restricted helps? Hope so!! I am down 21 pounds in 2 months. Not halfway, but making progress. Happy OP day, y'all! Happy successes downing the water and salads!

wuv2bloved
06-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Stephany asked for this to be posted here, it was the last post of the weekend thread...

Freaking out a little bit!
Today is mine and my DF's 8th anniversary. We went to my sons meet and greet for football at the lake today, that was pretty fun. Then we went to the Soltace Festival, lots of fun! They close down about a square mile of roads downtown to open it for foot traffic. Lots of fun! Then we went to a couple of stores together and Jesse bought me a Ninja for our anniversary my old food processor has been really messing up, leaking and I think its out of balance. After that we went to Shogun Japanese Restaraunt and I'm worried I might have messed up program wise. I think they use butter, garlic, terryaki, and soy sauce to cook the meat in. I looked up the nurtritional content of terryaki and it didnt look like it was enough to put me out of ketosis so I just 'forgot' about it. Until now that is. I started getting a headache about an hour ago and I have had a salt lick twice now and it hasnt helped. I am also midway through my TOM so it could be that. Needless to say I am a little freaked out now that I pushed myself out of ketosis. I have had 144 ounces of water today, so it isnt that either.

Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast: Chocolate shake with WF chocolate dip and some Stevia
Lunch: 1 Cup red bell pepper, Vanilla peanut bar
Dinner: 1 Cup mixed veggies, 5 oz fillet mignon, 3 oz lobster, japanese clear soup (not sure I got that name right)
Snack: 2 Cups stewed rhubarb with WF marshmellow, Stevia, WF syrup. IP chocolate ice cream (made in my new ice cream maker)

The new daily chat thread hasnt been made yet, but if someone is willing to put this post into it I would be grateful. I would really like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks

IPdivajen
06-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and the scale hasn't been good to me this week but I'm trying my best not to freak out/fret about it. Some minutes are better than others. :) I really just want to lose a minimum of 1.8lbs so that I can cross the 80lb mark - anything extra above that and I'll be delighted.

I've decided to cut out restricteds for a few days (yesterday, today and tomorrow) to see if that has any positive impact. Fingers crossed!

I'm also worried that all the iron I have to take now is being very 'binding' and making the big C more of an issue for me. Guess time will tell!

JudoGirl
06-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Hey Everyone...I need help...i lost 70 lbs in 20 weeks...the program is amazing...
this last year has been one of the tuffest years...I have a grandaughter we almost lost 3 times..due to Lyme disease...we have been hit with a lot of different things this year...and I stopped taking care of myself...
I have to take off 20 lbs...and I just need someone to listen to me...
My Grandaughter is going to make it..we are so grateful and blessed by her regaining her health...now I need my health back...
I am starting back this morning on program...I have a cute yellow dress I want to wear for my birthday on August 3rd...but right now its toooo tight....
So here I am and I need help.....
Thank you for listening to me today....:?:

Ticiabean
06-25-2012, 10:10 AM
So I've felt like crap all week. I took it to mean I was in ketosis (especilly since I was losing weight. Last night I made dinner and added tomatoes to my meal of the first time since I've been OP. Well at WI this morning I gained 2lbs. Was I supposed to avoid tomatoes? It was on the list of things I could have once weekly.....Tommorrow will be my first week's WI and so far I've lost 4lbs. Has anyone else run across a limite veggie thrown them out of ketosis? Or could it have been something else that caused it?

Daisy25
06-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Good morning everyone! Yesterday I had my most exciting weightloss/IP moment. I was able to fit into a pair of scrub pants (and looked pretty darn good if I say so myself!) that I couldn't even get up over my hips 4 weeks ago! I don't weigh in until tomorrow, but I can't wait to see what the scale says. I hope everyone has an awesome IP day!!!

JudoGirl - Your poor sweet granddaughter! I'll say a prayer for her and your family.

IPdivajen - You have done so AMAZING so far! I hope you get the results you're looking for tomorrow!

dizzyjean - Congrats on your WI!!!!!

Ravenswood2012
06-25-2012, 10:20 AM

Good for You!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

IPdivajen
06-25-2012, 10:28 AM
So I've felt like crap all week. I took it to mean I was in ketosis (especilly since I was losing weight. Last night I made dinner and added tomatoes to my meal of the first time since I've been OP. Well at WI this morning I gained 2lbs. Was I supposed to avoid tomatoes? It was on the list of things I could have once weekly.....Tommorrow will be my first week's WI and so far I've lost 4lbs. Has anyone else run across a limite veggie thrown them out of ketosis? Or could it have been something else that caused it?

No massive words of wisdom for you, just wanted to commiserate. Same thing happened to me last week - Tuesday I was one weight, Wednesday I was up two full pounds! No cheat, nothing. I doubt in your case it was the tomatoes - I eat small amounts multiple times a week in my salad (with my coach's okay) so I don't think that's it.

The good news is that it's likely temporary and could be related to water retention or something like that. Hope it melts away quickly!

mlucas
06-25-2012, 10:29 AM
HAPPY MONDAY! .... I know.. it's a contradiction.. you can smack me later! But when you do, make sure you smack me hard enough to knock a pound or two off!

Coffee and IP breakfast,work... ready to go home now! :D

kikig3
06-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Good Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

thorfinn - YAY! it's moments like those that give me the kick in the butt to keep going sometimes.

dizzyjean - CONGRATS! Great job!! I don't think I could totally cut restricted - they are a nice treat for me.

IPdivajen - keeping my fingers crossed that the scale is in your favor!

No big news here in Maryland. I had a tough weekend - I seemed to struggle every day and we were busy! Also, our 9 month old is not sleeping well. I think it's a combo of teething and growth spurt. I think I am going to go to bed tonight when the kids do - I am that tired. Also TOM arrived so I think that contributed to everything. My husband and I did get to go to the movies on Saturday night to see Snow White and the Huntsman - I really enjoyed it. I mean who doesn't like Chris Hemsworth?! :o

Darralyn
06-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Just a quick check in to say HI and wish you all a fantastic Monday!
Will check in later. Have a happy OP day!!

mlucas
06-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Hey Everyone...I need help...i lost 70 lbs in 20 weeks...the program is amazing...
this last year has been one of the tuffest years...I have a grandaughter we almost lost 3 times..due to Lyme disease...we have been hit with a lot of different things this year...and I stopped taking care of myself...
My Grandaughter is going to make it..we are so grateful and blessed by her regaining her health...now I need my health back...
I am starting back this morning on program...I have a cute yellow dress I want to wear for my birthday on August 3rd...but right now its toooo tight....

Well you know we are ALL here for you! It's the tough years that make us stronger ya know. "Its the Test that makes the Testimony." Someone told me that once. There is no other place that you could go at any time of day and get the support that you can get here!
Proud of you for getting back on the hourse... that's a big deal! I have been going through caos and the one of the things that keeps me grounded and centered is the fact that i can depend on the diet. It's my rock right now. It keeps me scheduled and my break from the caos. "hold on.. it's noon.. i got to eat!" gives me my alone time, down time to just be a mini break LOL Even with all the water.. i find bathroom time a good time LOL :D Use the diet as your rock. It's helped me.. might help you!
And that dress will look fabulous on you, cant wait to see the pictures! :hug:

BLUEJEWEL
06-25-2012, 10:40 AM
First WI, down 7.4, am very glad! I think I may have finally found the program for me. It is going very well, other than having likely having too much gum (rookie!) I believe I was 100% OP! and it worked.
I am looking forward to this week, ready to get out of the 180's!
My days menu:
shake
4 oz chik pattie with baked zuchinni/crook neck squash
bar
4 oz beef pattie with baked zuchinni/crook neck squash
shake

See I this is all still so new I am not bored with eating the same thing, so that is the really easy part! i do drink a ton of iced coffee through out the day though. And water of course.

Happy monday!

Ticiabean
06-25-2012, 10:42 AM
No massive words of wisdom for you, just wanted to commiserate. Same thing happened to me last week - Tuesday I was one weight, Wednesday I was up two full pounds! No cheat, nothing. I doubt in your case it was the tomatoes - I eat small amounts multiple times a week in my salad (with my coach's okay) so I don't think that's it.

The good news is that it's likely temporary and could be related to water retention or something like that. Hope it melts away quickly!

I appreciate your response! I think you might be on to something.:idea: My TOM should start Sunday. But I was still a little discouraged because my husband has lost 12lbs in 1 week! thanks for your words of encouragement!

Ravenswood2012
06-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Have a great OP/IP day & week everyone!!! :)

rissimo
06-25-2012, 10:43 AM

Eating tomatoes will not knock you out of ketosis. It takes a lot to knock you out. I honestly do not think the gain is due to eating them. You are allowed to have them twice a week. The gain could be due to water retention, stress, too much salt, etc... or it could just be your body messing with you. I've been dealing with the gain and loss, gain and loss for the past month.

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter and glad to har that she is getting better. Now it's time to take a little time for yourself and get yourself back as well. We are here for you. You have done it once, you know what to do and how to do it. Keeping you in my prayers.

Congratulations!!!!!

rvingprincess
06-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone, I hope that everyone had a great weekend and stayed OP. I have my WI one day earlier this week (Tuesday evening) as my coach will be at his kids graduation ceremony on Wed. I hope this week goes by fast as I start my holidays this weekend Yahoo! :carrot:

MaMaZu
06-25-2012, 10:52 AM
First WI, down 7.4, am very glad! I think I may have finally found the program for me. It is going very well, other than having likely having too much gum (rookie!) I believe I was 100% OP! and it worked.
My days menu:
shake
bar
shake

See I this is all still so new I am not bored with eating the same thing, so that is the really easy part! i do drink a ton of iced coffee through out the day though. And water of course.

Happy monday!

Great weigh-in!! Sometimes keeping it simple really helps; I know it did for me especially at first.
I don't see your 3rd product listed, make sure you get that in as well.

greeniris
06-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Happy Monday - looking forward to an OP week with lots of sunshine here, and somewhat cooler temps - yay! Had a busy weekend and lost at least 1 lb I think. Loading/unloading rocks helped, I'm sure! I'm so out of shape, so could only do 2 loads (approx a full wheelbarrow amount each time). We are gradually getting the yard in shape. Next, have to tackle cleaning out the garage for a garage sale.

Love the NSVs...they come in so many ways - congrats Thorfinn on yours this weekend!

Good luck on all the WIs today, and seize the day!

BLUEJEWEL
06-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Great weigh-in!! Sometimes keeping it simple really helps; I know it did for me especially at first.
I don't see your 3rd product listed, make sure you get that in as well.

thanks mama-zu the bar is between the meals...that is right, right?

usmcvet
06-25-2012, 10:59 AM

Your Sexy and you know it. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. Well my kids could sing it better. Way to go dude. Proud of you. Inthoughtbabout you yesterday as I was at the pool with the kids.

Stephany asked for this to be posted here, it was the last post of the weekend thread...

Today is mine and my DF's 8th anniversary. We went to my sons meet and greet for football at the lake today, that was pretty fun. Then we went to the Soltace Festival, lots of fun! They close down about a square mile of roads downtown to open it for foot traffic. Lots of fun! Then we went to a couple of stores together and Jesse bought me a Ninja for our anniversary my old food processor has been really messing up, leaking and I think its out of balance. After that we went to Shogun Japanese Restaraunt and I'm worried I might have messed up program wise. I think they use butter, garlic, terryaki, and soy sauce to cook the meat in. I looked up the nurtritional content of terryaki and it didnt look like it was enough to put me out of ketosis so I just 'forgot' about it. Until now that is. I started getting a headache about an hour ago and I have had a salt lick twice now and it hasnt helped. I am also midway through my TOM so it could be that. Needless to say I am a little freaked out now that I pushed myself out of ketosis. I have had 144 ounces of water today, so it isnt that either.

Dinner: 1 Cup mixed veggies, 5 oz fillet mignon, 3 oz lobster, japanese clear soup (not sure I got that name right)
Snack: 2 Cups stewed rhubarb with WF marshmellow, Stevia, WF syrup. IP chocolate ice cream (made in my new ice cream maker)

The new daily chat thread hasnt been made yet, but if someone is willing to put this post into it I would be grateful. I would really like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks

Don't stress over it. Just learn from it I went to Applebee's last week and asked about the steak. I was assured it had nothing but salt and pepper on it I took a bite and it tasted like something more. The waitress double checked and said just salt and pepper so I ate it. Still not 100% sure.

Thank you for listening to me today....:?: you cand do this!

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I had my most exciting weightloss/IP moment. I was able to fit into a pair of scrub pants (and looked pretty darn good if I say so myself!) that I couldn't even get up over my hips 4 weeks ago! I don't weigh in until tomorrow, but I can't wait to see what the scale says. I hope everyone has an awesome IP day!!!!

Yeah for looking good and feeling good.

NSV for me today. I went shopping in the basement this morning and found two pair of shorts I put away a few years ago. I put them on and they fit so the ones I've been wearing can be given away because they're way too big. These were my favorite shorts and they don't make them anymore so I am pretty happy.

Thorfinn
06-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Your Sexy and you know it. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. Well my kids could sing it better. Way to go dude. Proud of you. Inthoughtbabout you yesterday as I was at the pool with the kids.

Thanks everyone :)

vet....I've got 4 day weekends for the rest of the summer so if you want to get out on the reservoir with me just let me know bud :)

She's in the shop now getting a new tank vent hose & starter (no major issues this weekend...just preventative) but should be good to go by the end of the week.

usmcvet
06-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks everyone :)

vet....I've got 4 day weekends for the rest of the summer so if you want to get out on the reservoir with me just let me know bud :)

She's in the shop now getting a new tank vent hose & starter (no major issues this weekend...just preventative) but should be good to go by the end of the week.

Cool. Gone next week to MA to see the folks on the fourth but following that not many plans. Surgery on my left wrist for carpal tunnel on the 9th and outta commission for a few weeks. Might be good timing. Should I get my fishing license, will you be fishing?

MaMaZu
06-25-2012, 11:14 AM
thanks mama-zu the bar is between the meals...that is right, right?

That's when I have mine, some have theirs for breakfast and the shake after lunch.

Thorfinn
06-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Cool. Gone next week to MA to see the folks on the fourth but following that not many plans. Surgery on my left wrist for carpal tunnel on the 9th and outta commission for a few weeks. Might be good timing. Should I get my fishing license, will you be fishing?

I fish when the mood strikes. Caught a couple nice smallmouth bass last night waiting for the ramp to clear out.

Couldn't hurt to get the license....I've always got a couple rods & tackle on board just in case.

shathom
06-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Good morning everyone, please have a wonderful week!

darcrista
06-25-2012, 11:22 AM

Nothing is scarier than a really sick child.. SO glad she is going to be OK. I think only gaining 20 is not so bad, considering.. Good luck to you on getting back to optimal health. You can do it!

----

GM IPs, Checked the scale this morning.. no gain, no loss over the weekend. Probably could have had a loss if I hadn't had those drinks. Oh well. Thanks for all your words of encouragement about that, btw. This morning I had my iced coffee out on our new patio while my son and dogs played about. It was nice. Busy week ahead, preparing to head to NY for my sister's wedding. Final dress fitting on Wednesday eve. Cutting it close here. Last time I tried it on, I liked it a lot. Much, much more than if I had not started this diet. Now I wish I could just hook the vacuum up and suck the fat out of my upper arms before this weekend. LOL I don't think I've lost any fat from that area. Have a good week everyone. :-)

enr20707
06-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Happy Monday all :wave:

wuv2bloved
06-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Judo, glad to see you back around, also glad to hear your granddaughter is getting better. You know where to come to for help we are always here. You know what you have to do to get it done, so starting today its back on Phase 1 for you! you can get this 20lbs knocked out really quick and you know it! Now is the time to throw life back into check getting yourself back to where you were.

You are just retaining water for some reason, hang in there it will come off

Good Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

thorfinn - YAY! it's moments like those that give me the kick in the butt to keep going sometimes.

dizzyjean - CONGRATS! Great job!! I don't think I could totally cut restricted - they are a nice treat for me.

IPdivajen - keeping my fingers crossed that the scale is in your favor!

No big news here in Maryland. I had a tough weekend - I seemed to struggle every day and we were busy! Also, our 9 month old is not sleeping well. I think it's a combo of teething and growth spurt. I think I am going to go to bed tonight when the kids do - I am that tired. Also TOM arrived so I think that contributed to everything. My husband and I did get to go to the movies on Saturday night to see Snow White and the Huntsman - I really enjoyed it. I mean who doesn't like Chris Hemsworth?! :o
Were you as shocked as I was when it wasn't prince charming who woke her up? I told my BF, HEY they just destroyed my childhood memory!.....lol

I appreciate your response! I think you might be on to something.:idea: My TOM should start Sunday. But I was still a little discouraged because my husband has lost 12lbs in 1 week! thanks for your words of encouragement!
NEVER EVER compare yourself to a MAN or anyone else for that matter!!!....MEN will always KILL on weightloss, its just in their nature. This is YOUR journey....NO ONE else's....keep an eye on YOUR prize....NOT his!

LizRR
06-25-2012, 11:40 AM
JudoGirl - Congratulations on getting back on the horse, and I am so happy that your granddaughter is going to be okay!

This is why it's not a great idea to take your daily weight too seriously. If you are following the program you shouldn't sweat it - it fluctuates a lot based on several factors, but the trend will ALWAYS be DOWN - and if you are following your sheet it won't be because you are out of ketosis. Usually it's water weight caused by TOM or if you had a lot of salty foods. Just follow the program and don't sweat it, it works - don't stress! The IP folks have done all the thinking for you, make sure you follow the sheet and keep your food log updated and accurate in the rare case you do hit a snag/stall (which can happen, usually after months on program), in case any tweaks are needed. But this is something that takes weeks to track - not days. You are doing great! And any water weight you may 'catch' on this weeks WI will be gone by next weeks, so it will balance out - just stay on the saddle and enjoy your tomatoes (2x/week of course)!

My days menu:
shake
bar
shake

Happy monday!

That's an awesome WI! Congratulations! A lot of folks chew gum throughout the day, I would just add that you make sure to add it to your food log along with your 'extras' as those can start to add up and if you ever need a tweak it's always a good idea to keep track of everything you eat. If you couldn't tell - I am a big believer in the food log - it keeps me accountable, I save them all! My coach diligently checks mine every week and advised me to try to keep the 'extras' at 6 or less a day (since they also have negligible carbs and calories, even those labeled '0/0/0').

Trishak
06-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi, I haven't posted much on this board, I mostly just lurk. But I'm struggling and need some encouragement! I've been on IP since January 9th, and have lost 62 lbs. (Yay!!!) I have 12 lbs to go, so should be heading to phase 2 very soon... except I am really having a hard time staying OP right now.

I'm fine while I'm at work. I have 4 kids, and lots of baseball games and other activities after work. I've gotten into this habit (out of stress I believe) of having this mini-binge on junk (chips, crackers) in the 15 minutes I am home before we have to run out to games, practices, etc. I've tried having my evening snack at that time, since dinner is usually late. And that works, but then I seem to have the urge after everyone goes to bed.

I'm so sick of this self-defeating behavior! And it worries me that I will fall back into old patterns once I am in maintenance (if I ever get there). I've been stalled at 162 for 2 weeks now, and I just want to move forward. I know why I am stalled. I know what I need to do to get where I want to go. But WHY do I keep doing what I know will hurt my progress? Anyone else struggling with this? HELP!!!
Thanks!
Trish

wuv2bloved
06-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi, I haven't posted much on this board, I mostly just lurk. But I'm struggling and need some encouragement! I've been on IP since January 9th, and have lost 62 lbs. (Yay!!!) I have 12 lbs to go, so should be heading to phase 2 very soon... except I am really having a hard time staying OP right now.

I'm fine while I'm at work. I have 4 kids, and lots of baseball games and other activities after work. I've gotten into this habit (out of stress I believe) of having this mini-binge on junk (chips, crackers) in the 15 minutes I am home before we have to run out to games, practices, etc. I've tried having my evening snack at that time, since dinner is usually late. And that works, but then I seem to have the urge after everyone goes to bed.

I'm so sick of this self-defeating behavior! And it worries me that I will fall back into old patterns once I am in maintenance (if I ever get there). I've been stalled at 162 for 2 weeks now, and I just want to move forward. I know why I am stalled. I know what I need to do to get where I want to go. But WHY do I keep doing what I know will hurt my progress? Anyone else struggling with this? HELP!!!
Thanks!
Trish
Have you cut of veggies to snack on instead of the crackers and chips. You are just nervous and want something in your mouth. Chew some gum, have bottles of water ready to grab and go. YOU KNOW what you have to do, talk yourself out of it. YOU DON"T NEED the crackers or the chips, excuses are being used and that is NOT what you need. You need to just say VEGGIES....VEGGIES....WATER....WATER....GUM...GUM. ...I can understand how it is to be always on the go BUT YOU have to make wise choices for yourself. Why do you need to lose those last 12lbs? are you happy with where you are now? Is is because you want that SPECIFIC number on the scale? You may already be where you need to be and might want to consider phasing off.

sneuse
06-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Stephany - Don't stress. Twice I've had weeks were I got a little sugar by accident (restaurant told me there wasn't any in the seasoning until after I ate it) and a little cheese (had to scrape it off a burger but you know how it sticks!) and those were my two biggest weeks as far as fat loss. I know it seems contradictory but I think it must've been a welcome shock to my system or something. I use soy all the time, butter is just a little extra fat, and I'm sure terryaki isn't too bad.

Just had my first Phase 3 breakfast and man am I happy! Two pieces of toast, greek yogurt with raspberry puree, turkey sausage patties, and frozen fruit! I'm feeling good :) If I can eat this way for the next two weeks, I don't doubt I can finish up this diet strong!

Trishak
06-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Have you cut of veggies to snack on instead of the crackers and chips. You are just nervous and want something in your mouth. Chew some gum, have bottles of water ready to grab and go. YOU KNOW what you have to do, talk yourself out of it. YOU DON"T NEED the crackers or the chips, excuses are being used and that is NOT what you need. You need to just say VEGGIES....VEGGIES....WATER....WATER....GUM...GUM. ...I can understand how it is to be always on the go BUT YOU have to make wise choices for yourself. Why do you need to lose those last 12lbs? are you happy with where you are now? Is is because you want that SPECIFIC number on the scale? You may already be where you need to be and might want to consider phasing off.

Thanks, Wuv. You are so right. I have just allowed myself to make excuses. No, I'm not ready to be done. I'm only 4'11" and I really want to lose more. I don't feel done. Even at 150, I am "technically" overweight for my height, but I will be where I want to be. There is a part of me that eventually wants to be 140, but that will be later down the road. I really want to be a size 10... or could I dream to be a size 8????

Thanks for the tips and for holding me accountable. I can do this! Don't ever cheat, it is so hard to close the door once you do. (learned the hard way!)

LizRR
06-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Just had my first Phase 3 breakfast and man am I happy! Two pieces of toast, greek yogurt with raspberry puree, turkey sausage patties, and frozen fruit! I'm feeling good :) If I can eat this way for the next two weeks, I don't doubt I can finish up this diet strong!

Oh, you are making my mouth water! I am going to a Phase3/Phase4 workshop my coach is throwing tomorrow and am looking forward to the new choices and variety. So confession, my 'official' goal with my coach is actually set at 150lb (at the time it seemed like such a pipe dream), I told her I wanted to lower it to 145lb and she looked at me like I was crazy, I guess I should take that as a compliment! We haven't officially changed it, she wants me to reach original goal then see how I feel about it.

sangria12
06-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Happy Monday everyone! After a BAD weekend of me totally falling off the plan, I am back on track and invigorated. I know my WI is going to be so bad on Wednesday. I am actually thinking of doing IP packets 3 times a day to see if I can make up for my slacking off this weekend. If I HAD stayed on plan I'd probably be seeing the 160's by now. (Which I haven't seen in a LONG TIME) but instead I ate chips had pizza and drank wine and beer. UGH.

Anyway, enough beating myself up. Jumping back on. I may try walking a little today too. It will help me with all this guilt!

wuv2bloved
06-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks, Wuv. You are so right. I have just allowed myself to make excuses. No, I'm not ready to be done. I'm only 4'11" and I really want to lose more. I don't feel done. Even at 150, I am "technically" overweight for my height, but I will be where I want to be. There is a part of me that eventually wants to be 140, but that will be later down the road. I really want to be a size 10... or could I dream to be a size 8????

Thanks for the tips and for holding me accountable. I can do this! Don't ever cheat, it is so hard to close the door once you do. (learned the hard way!)
Cheating is NOT an option for me, I have gone 15 months WITHOUT cheating so I know I will not do so. I have 30 or so more pounds to go

mooselover
06-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Good morning IP'ers :D

I woke up feeling stronger today :carrot: This last week was a struggle for me. I stayed OP, but my mind didn't want to. My mind was out of control thinking about phase 3 and beyond. My DD is starting alternatives today, so I know I will be able to finish this trying to help her. IP is easy for me when I go to Casper on my monthly trip, and I leave on Saturday night, so next week will be easy. These next 2 weeks will be easy to "keep my eye on the prize".

momat40
06-25-2012, 12:16 PM
GM IPs. Haven't posted in a while, but am keeping 100% OP!!! Can't believe I am getting close to goal. I really can't wait for my family reunion the week of the 7th (July) to have them see me.

I just want my bottom half to catch up some more and shed some more inches. I know that my body is what it is and I'll always have the "bottom curves", but I so want to be a size 8. Once I get to 150, I will see how much more I need to go.

On a side note, I survived being home all week with all the rain the southeast is having!

Trishak
06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Cheating is NOT an option for me, I have gone 15 months WITHOUT cheating so I know I will not do so. I have 30 or so more pounds to go

Good for you! I was 100% until I was running a 3 day conference out of town in May. I did pretty well, working 16 hour days without many breaks. All my meals were provided at the conference centers, and there were a few times I simply could not make a shake, or soup, or get my own vegetables. I had to eat, so I made the best choices I could. I've struggled to get 100% ever since. I'm lucky, I still have lost most weeks. I had one week I was the same, and last week I was up .2 lbs. So there hasn't been too much damage. I have to reset my resolve and start again like I did at the beginning.

Looking forward, and just looking for some folks here to help me motivate me.

Kaypix
06-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Welcome back to the forums, and to IP, you can do it and look fabulous in your little yellow dress!

I'm sure you're still in Ketosis, your body can retain water especially early on in the program. Don't weigh daily if you can't handle the fluctuations, it's not worth the stress. I've been down 1 lb, 0.6 lb, 0.2 lb, 1 lb and then regained 2 lbs in a day. At the end of the day (er, week) it'll come out allright in the end and it's fine.

NSV for me today. I went shopping in the basement this morning and found two pair of shorts I put away a few years ago. I put them on and they fit so the ones I've been wearing can be given away because they're way too big. These were my favorite shorts and they don't make them anymore so I am pretty happy.
Woot Woot Hooray! Great job!

Thanks!
Trish

I woke up feeling stronger today :carrot: This last week was a struggle for me. I stayed OP, but my mind didn't want to. My mind was out of control thinking about phase 3 and beyond. My DD is starting alternatives today, so I know I will be able to finish this trying to help her. IP is easy for me when I go to Casper on my monthly trip, and I leave on Saturday night, so next week will be easy. These next 2 weeks will be easy to "keep my eye on the prize".

GM IPs. Haven't posted in a while, but am keeping 100% OP!!! Can't believe I am getting close to goal. I really can't wait for my family reunion the week of the 7th (July) to have them see me.

I just want my bottom half to catch up some more and shed some more inches. I know that my body is what it is and I'll always have the "bottom curves", but I so want to be a size 8. Once I get to 150, I will see how much more I need to go.

On a side note, I survived being home all week with all the rain the southeast is having!

Trishak
06-25-2012, 12:27 PM

How exciting to have your family see you for the first time! I didn't tell my family I was doing the plan for the first 3 months, and it was really fun seeing them for the first time.

I also set 150 as my goal, and would love to be a size 8 someday! I'm 12 lbs from goal, and it gets depressing when my size 14's still fit. I can fit in some 12s, and can wear mediums on the top :-), but being so short, I think I'll need to be 140 to wear size 8s. Oh well, I feel so great even at this size! No more looking for size 20 petites! (I always found that to be an oxymoron)

Kaypix
06-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Morning everyone! It's going to get toasty in South Dakota today. I woke up hoping I had lost some serious weight last night (was some serious stomach mojo going on all night) and nope, still the same weight as yesterday...and then I realized, that's still 2.4 POUNDS lighter than I was this time last week, AND that means I am 170.2 , officially less than half a pound away from getting 25 pounds of fat gone forever. I flirted with 169 on Friday and Saturday last week, so am confident I can get there this week for sure.

Heading out to Valley Fair in the Twin Cities, MN on Friday, well, riding there Friday and then going to the amusement park Saturday, and then home on Sunday. The dogs are going to stay at Gramma's (who totally owes us) and we are going to have some serious fun :D

A little TMI but this weekend had kind of a NSV...DH and I got done working in the garage today and his friend was over, I went into the house and stripped to nekid status to jump in the shower. Why I don't do this IN the bathroom, I do'nt know, wait, yes I do, it's just me and DH at the house, no kids, and the pets are not offended. So I'm in my birthday suit walking from the bedroom to the bathroom (3feet) when I hear the door open and I assume DH so I'm not running or anything to the bathroom. Then I hear his friend say "So I need to grab my phone" and my DH respond, I shrieked, like a girl, dashed into the bathroom and closed the door...after the buddy left DH informed me his friend told him "Well that made my night!" apparently the friend was IN FRONT of DH when they walked into the house and saw all my glory, yikes!!!!! Still I have to chuckle though, at least I wasn't flopping all over like I used to lol.

wuv2bloved
06-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Morning everyone! It's going to get toasty in South Dakota today. I woke up hoping I had lost some serious weight last night (was some serious stomach mojo going on all night) and nope, still the same weight as yesterday...and then I realized, that's still 2.4 POUNDS lighter than I was this time last week, AND that means I am 170.2 , officially less than half a pound away from getting 25 pounds of fat gone forever. I flirted with 169 on Friday and Saturday last week, so am confident I can get there this week for sure.

Heading out to Valley Fair in the Twin Cities, MN on Friday, well, riding there Friday and then going to the amusement park Saturday, and then home on Sunday. The dogs are going to stay at Gramma's (who totally owes us) and we are going to have some serious fun :D

A little TMI but this weekend had kind of a NSV...DH and I got done working in the garage today and his friend was over, I went into the house and stripped to nekid status to jump in the shower. Why I don't do this IN the bathroom, I do'nt know, wait, yes I do, it's just me and DH at the house, no kids, and the pets are not offended. So I'm in my birthday suit walking from the bedroom to the bathroom (3feet) when I hear the door open and I assume DH so I'm not running or anything to the bathroom. Then I hear his friend say "So I need to grab my phone" and my DH respond, I shrieked, like a girl, dashed into the bathroom and closed the door...after the buddy left DH informed me his friend told him "Well that made my night!" apparently the friend was IN FRONT of DH when they walked into the house and saw all my glory, yikes!!!!! Still I have to chuckle though, at least I wasn't flopping all over like I used to lol.
HAHA....good one!

GeauxTigers82
06-25-2012, 12:41 PM
So TOM decided to show up today. My weigh in is tomorrow and I feel that it will be disastrous. I will most probably have a gain :( I have stayed OP all week, but have not seen any downward movement on the scale. I saw 188 last week, but it's been 190-192 all this week :(

What am I doing wrong???? I feel a bit defeated, but not ready to give up of course.

bttrhalf
06-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Keypix, that is just to funny, I do the same thing at times but our room is just feet from the bathroom. ;)
great chuckle for the morning

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but6/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Rhonduz
06-25-2012, 12:46 PM

Hilarious :o

wuv2bloved
06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
So TOM decided to show up today. My weigh in is tomorrow and I feel that it will be disastrous. I will most probably have a gain :( I have stayed OP all week, but have not seen any downward movement on the scale. I saw 188 last week, but it's been 190-192 all this week :(

What am I doing wrong???? I feel a bit defeated, but not ready to give up of course.
UMMM....HELLOO???????.....you aren't doing anything WRONG!!!.....you JUST said that TOM showed up today, if you are like EVERY other woman here, that makes you retain water!!

jgmoosh
06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
After my second weigh in i lost 28 lbs in 2 weeks. Wow this is an very easy diet.

wuv2bloved
06-25-2012, 12:56 PM
After my second weigh in i lost 28 lbs in 2 weeks. Wow this is an very easy diet.
are you a guy?

sneuse
06-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Oh, you are making my mouth water! I am going to a Phase3/Phase4 workshop my coach is throwing tomorrow and am looking forward to the new choices and variety. So confession, my 'official' goal with my coach is actually set at 150lb (at the time it seemed like such a pipe dream), I told her I wanted to lower it to 145lb and she looked at me like I was crazy, I guess I should take that as a compliment! We haven't officially changed it, she wants me to reach original goal then see how I feel about it.

You look AMAZING as you are now, so I can see why she'd think you were crazy for wanting to go lower :D But at the same time, I can attest to the fact that sometimes you just want to go a little further now that you know you can. I started out wanting to be 135 and now I'm 130. I plan to go even further (maybe 125?) once I phase off through exercise and additional "dieting" (just watching very carefully what I eat and when).

Enjoy the workshop! You really do look great!

bttrhalf
06-25-2012, 01:05 PM

omg that is amazing. great job.:carrot:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but6/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Delgen
06-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Had my 6th WI today and I am down 2 pounds. Not bad, I am averaging about 2.5 to 3 pound loss per week.

So I am down a total of 14 pounds, and BMI down from 39 to 36 in two weeks.
Happy with the loss! I am down a bit in muscle, but I was sick over the weekend, and I think that may have affected the muscle. I had a hard time eating anything.
But I am feeling better and happy to be 100%!

Robag
06-25-2012, 01:19 PM
I just posted this in the Men on IP thread as well.

Well, I haven't been on the site for a few days as I've been very busy. I am not a happy person right now. I know that I've been as close to plan as possible, with the only exceptions are having 2 restricteds in one day as opposed to 1. My supply is dwindling and I don't go to my clinic until Wednesday and that is why I am having 2 restricteds. On that note, I feel like this past week has been a waste of time. I think I may have lost all of 1 pound so far this week with 2 days before my next WI. I don't feel any skinnier than I did last Wednesday, and with 3 weeks of holidays coming up, I wanted to be near the 200 lb mark by the time we go. Right now, I doubt I will be there, and it's definitely bothering me. Just getting back on this site today has definitely helped my mood, as I am ready to be done Phase 1. I think getting back to a normal routine will help me the next couple of weeks.

Now time to get back to reading some more posts, as that definitely keeps me motivated. Have a great day everyone, and best of luck to everyone!

nomoreweight
06-25-2012, 01:35 PM

That is awesome! Although I didn't take my shirt off this weekend :o, I did wear shorts! :^:

Morning all, My WI over the weekend was 4 pounds down. I've been averaging about 1.5 pounds a week. Could it be that solving the big C problem and cutting restricted helps? Hope so!! I am down 21 pounds in 2 months. Not halfway, but making progress. Happy OP day, y'all! Happy successes downing the water and salads!

I bet cutting the restricted helps. I know I've seen that somewhere on here before. Good luck, and great job!

Being only 2 weeks into the program, I'm not really sure if that will set you back or not. I do know, however, that there's nothing you can do about it now, and the only important thing is to get back OP. Every bite counts! Not just the few you had yesterday. Good luck!

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and the scale hasn't been good to me this week but I'm trying my best not to freak out/fret about it. Some minutes are better than others. :) I really just want to lose a minimum of 1.8lbs so that I can cross the 80lb mark - anything extra above that and I'll be delighted.

I've decided to cut out restricteds for a few days (yesterday, today and tomorrow) to see if that has any positive impact. Fingers crossed!

I'm also worried that all the iron I have to take now is being very 'binding' and making the big C more of an issue for me. Guess time will tell!

Good luck! Don't freak out about it. It will be what it will be and you're doing a great job staying OP so I think that's all you can do. Positive thoughts your way!

I lost a daughter in 2003 from a rare disease that she was born with. It sucks, and after she passed, I really didn't care what I looked like, much less if I was healthy or not. Going through four months of hospital stays and financial worries really took a toll on me, and just seeing her in pain was unbearable.

My daughter passed away, and I started realizing that I needed to get healthy for the children I still have. So that would be my advice to you. Your granddaughter got healthy, and now you can so you can be there for her and be able to enjoy her. :hug:

Good luck, and keep that yellow dress within view at all times. Trust me, it works!

HAPPY MONDAY! .... I know.. it's a contradiction.. you can smack me later! But when you do, make sure you smack me hard enough to knock a pound or two off!

Coffee and IP breakfast,work... ready to go home now! :D

I would like to be smacked hard enough to get knocked back to yesterday!

I had my WI#2 today, and was down another 5.8lbs! :carrot: I am super pumped about this. WI#1 was -5.6, so I think it would be awesome if I just kept on that kind of a roll. I'll take losing 5lbs a week! Haha...maybe a bit unrealistic but a girl can dream.

Have a good day everyone!

robin532
06-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Today is my first day back to work after our vacation. I went totally off program for 10 days. I was eating & drinking everything like the "old days". I had some bowel issues and heartburn and deserved every minute of it! I did enjoy my vacation and today I am back on program 100% and actually looked forward to it. I had a lot of people telling me not to go off program but in the end I did. I am not beating myself up though. I learned from this mistake and now am re-focused on my journey. I was actually craving salad today! So, here I go again!

julied31
06-25-2012, 01:52 PM
2nd day of vacation. My only slip up was 1 miller 64 and one onion ring. To me, that was a success!!!

Hope everyone's having a great IP day!!

Kaypix
06-25-2012, 01:53 PM
On that note, I feel like this past week has been a waste of time. I think I may have lost all of 1 pound so far this week with 2 days before my next WI. I don't feel any skinnier than I did last Wednesday, and with 3 weeks of holidays coming up, I wanted to be near the 200 lb mark by the time we go.*whack* ok that's for doubting yourself, :hug: that's because I think you might need one! We may not make our "goals" in the time frame that we want, but we WILL make our goals.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/Motivational%20Weight%20Posters/NeverGiveUpOnADream-1.jpg

Today is my first day back to work after our vacation. I went totally off program for 10 days. I was eating & drinking everything like the "old days". I had some bowel issues and heartburn and deserved every minute of it! I did enjoy my vacation and today I am back on program 100% and actually looked forward to it. I had a lot of people telling me not to go off program but in the end I did. I am not beating myself up though. I learned from this mistake and now am re-focused on my journey. I was actually craving salad today! So, here I go again!
Welcome back! I know I'll struggle staying OP this weekend, next weekend will be a NIGHTMARE (family reunion), Sturgis in August is when I'll start phasing off for my "actual" vacation in September. I'll be good the week of Sturgis, then the following Monday hit phase 2, then phase 3 for 2 weeks, then it's off to Alaska!

robin532
06-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I think I got my ticker...just checking!

newmom7611
06-25-2012, 02:28 PM
just a quick hello! it's been a busy day so far. started training at my clinic today. I did a few "starts" and the coach who i shadowed said they were bringing me on for this purpose. She said that the others said i'd be really good at it :) that made me feel good. I would have worked all day, but as a stay at home mom, i told them this would have to be extremely part time. Anyway, today went well.. i go back tomorrow (for weigh in) and to train some more. I should be done training in the next two weeks. Well, i'm off to my husband's appointment with the specialist he sees.. i'll be catching up on posts on the hour drive.. Have a great OP day everyone!

enr20707
06-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Just made rhubarb and had the idea to put a squirt of mio strawberry flavor in it and it helped to take some of the tart out of it. Also added vanilla, maple and orange extracts and a few packets of truvia and cinnamon.

mom2hi
06-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Good morning all! I weigh in for the first time tomorrow, I weighed at home yesterday and this morning just to "be sure" it is working LOL

I've lost 9lbs in one week on IP. This program rocks! Going to read your posts now for continued inspiration.

Porthardygurl
06-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Good Morning All...

UGH! What an awful night last night..No sleep...peeeeing peeeing peeeeing....and lets not forget that rubarb that kicked in half way through the night...Im soooo tired now...going to take a nap after this...

Well....its a nice day in Hardy...sunny out..thats a nice change from the rain...In case you dont follow Canadian News..half of BC is flooding right now from too much rain and apparently parts of Alberta as well...

Yesterday was such a bad day...i wanted to cheat so bad...In fact.. i made my hubby drive me all the way to the store for me to walk in the store and walk around the store and all through the isles and during my walk all the way around the store..i convinced myself.."Its just not worth it..." and so i walked out of the store with nothing...Then i proceeded to go home and eat my chicken like a good girl...Needless to say i was impressed with myself and so was DH...I dont think i ever walked in a store and out of a store without buying something... I realized it was just my sore feelings that was making me want to eat...

Anywho...its all good.. Well gotta run and go drink some more water..tummy is gurgling at me.

rvingprincess
06-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Has anyone used the Muscle Milk Lite from Costco? I bought some on the weekend, (they only had the chocolate, pretty good though, I don't like the IP chocolate drink) I am thinking of going to the alternatives as the IP is getting too expensive. I also bought some protein bars from Costco they are really similar to the IP ones. My only fear is that I won't lose the weight like I am doing now on IP. Has anyone switched to alternatives and still lost a lot of weight?

Bdmom
06-25-2012, 03:41 PM
IPDivaJen Have you tried SlowFe as your iron tablet? It's an extended release tablet and I've used it in the past with no C issues. Just a thought. Good luck on the WI today!

JudoGirl Sending all my positive thoughts your way for you and your granddaughter.

Kikig3 Totally agree. Chris Hemsworth - YUM!

Just checking in this morning. Going to be a busy week work wise and planning for next week's vacation. I am nervous about the vacation and staying OP, but have it planned out, with a backup plan! I am happy with my results so far and have been 100% OP and am planning to stay like that!!!

IPdivajen
06-25-2012, 03:49 PM
IPDivaJen Have you tried SlowFe as your iron tablet? It's an extended release tablet and I've used it in the past with no C issues. Just a thought. Good luck on the WI today!

No I haven't, but thanks for the suggestion! I'm seeing my doctor Thursday so I'll bring it up with her. I'm currently taking three EuroFer daily (which is super hard to time around all the other supplements!!) in an effort to increase my super lame absorption. Would love a one a day for a whole host of reasons if it would do the trick! Thanks!

Chloe222
06-25-2012, 04:12 PM

Well, I haven't been on the site for a few days as I've been very busy. I am not a happy person right now. I know that I've been as close to plan as possible, with the only exceptions are having 2 restricteds in one day as opposed to 1. My supply is dwindling and I don't go to my clinic until Wednesday and that is why I am having 2 restricteds. On that note, I feel like this past week has been a waste of time. I think I may have lost all of 1 pound so far this week with 2 days before my next WI. I don't feel any skinnier than I did last Wednesday, and with 3 weeks of holidays coming up, I wanted to be near the 200 lb mark by the time we go. Right now, I doubt I will be there, and it's definitely bothering me. Just getting back on this site today has definitely helped my mood, as I am ready to be done Phase 1. I think getting back to a normal routine will help me the next couple of weeks.

Now time to get back to reading some more posts, as that definitely keeps me motivated. Have a great day everyone, and best of luck to everyone!
Robag,
You've done so well so far and if tomorrow doesn't show a nice loss, next week will. That's just how it works sometimes. The body may need a little time to adjust to the fact you've already lost a fair amount in a short period.

Keep up the good work, stay strong and trust you'll probably be exactly where you want to be in August, if not before!

Hgamroth
06-25-2012, 04:21 PM

Thanks!
Trish

I have had the same issues with my children's baseball games. i now buy TONS of veggies, cut them up on Sunday and make and put 2 cups worth in ziplock baggies. I also save my restricted for the games and I take the bbq ridges, or soy nuts, southwest puffs--anything salty. I also take a cooler for cold cooked rhubarb with WF strawberry syrup. This way I can have my veggies to munch on, salty snack when everyone else is eating sunflower seeds, and something cold and sweet. I know it can be tough, but BE STRONG!!!

Holly

Hgamroth
06-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Happy Monday all! I am having a pretty good day. I wanted to try to cut out restricted for a couple of days to see if that will kick me out of 180s but not having it today at lunch is torture! All in my head I know but...UGH! :)

Question: I have lost over 6 inches around my waist in 8 weeks but only 2 on my thighs and 4 on my hips. Any suggestions on getting those inches off the thunder thighs? I am not exercising because of the low calories. Anyone have any advise on an exercise I can do w/o raising the heart rate?

Holly

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/fireworks01/lb/214/140/182/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Kaypix
06-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Has anyone used the Muscle Milk Lite from Costco? I bought some on the weekend, (they only had the chocolate, pretty good though, I don't like the IP chocolate drink) I am thinking of going to the alternatives as the IP is getting too expensive. I also bought some protein bars from Costco they are really similar to the IP ones. My only fear is that I won't lose the weight like I am doing now on IP. Has anyone switched to alternatives and still lost a lot of weight?
I've been on alternatives the whole time, although the ready to drinks I used were Atkins the first two weeks while I waited for my wonderslim stuff to get here, and they're higher in fat. I hear Muscle Milk Lite, EAS Carb Control and then ther'es another one...Perfect Protein? something? That are all very comparable to the IP ones. I don't know if my weight loss is as fast as others, but I figured out over 9 weeks my average is 2.77 lbs, which is acceptable to me.

Question: I have lost over 6 inches around my waist in 8 weeks but only 2 on my thighs and 4 on my hips. Any suggestions on getting those inches off the thunder thighs? I am not exercising because of the low calories. Anyone have any advise on an exercise I can do w/o raising the heart rate? Holly

Holly: I found out that A) we lose our weight from the top down, which blows lol! B) My thighs will thin in their own dang time. I've lost 2.5 inches off my "thunder thighs" and am thanking god for even THAT much. I know I was toning nicely while walking a lot, there are a few inner thigh exercises for toning the muscle there and creating a slimmer look. Losing the fat though, can't do spot reduction, so it's just a waiting game. I decided to look at it like this: By the time I'm happy with my thighs the rest of my body is going to be freaking AWESOME!!!!

Kaypix
06-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Hi everyone, just checking in for the afternoon, started making my "cruise list"...a little premature since it isn't until September...I should really be making my Sturgis list first, since that's in August, but it is so much easier to plan that, i'ts just a motorcycle rally and I have a billion family members out there to crash with if for any reason we don't stay int he hotel or need something not readily available.

NewPath
06-25-2012, 05:43 PM

Thanks!
Trish

Congratulations on your success!!!

Trishak
I have exact same life style/sports/situation:

Solution: Icy cold Vlastic Zesty Dill Spears----YUM! (They just hit the spot!)

Stefany1769
06-25-2012, 05:49 PM
You can PM me anytime :) I will listen no problem. :hug:
You aredoing so well!! :carrot:
My days menu:
shake
bar
shake

Happy monday!
Wahooooo!! great WI :broc: :broc:

wuv2bloved
06-25-2012, 06:27 PM
I found this might be useful to some of you.....

Unwaver1ng
06-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Hello! I figured that this was just as good of a place as any to introduce myself and say hi? I started IP five days ago and just had a weigh-in this afternoon. I lost 9.5 lbs already! This is just the motivation I need to really stick with things and commit fully. As someone obese for my entire life, I'm in a place where I feel like I have no other option. I have to make this work. I figured connected with like-minded individuals would be a step in the right direction :)

~Jenni

redmomof4
06-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Hello! I figured that this was just as good of a place as any to introduce myself and say hi? I started IP five days ago and just had a weigh-in this afternoon. I lost 9.5 lbs already!
~Jenni
Welcome, great job the first week!! Congrats!

Question: I have lost over 6 inches around my waist in 8 weeks but only 2 on my thighs and 4 on my hips. Any suggestions on getting those inches off the thunder thighs? I am not exercising because of the low calories. Anyone have any advise on an exercise I can do w/o raising the heart rate?
Holly

Holly, I would start out with just some walking. Why not try to walk 2 miles a day (30 mins or so). Take kiddos with or walk a dog if you have one. Otherwise, it is possible to start some light cardio or sculpting 3-4 times a week. I'm doing weight training and/or cardio 5 days a week and still seeing losses.

I had my WI#2 today, and was down another 5.8lbs! :carrot: I am super pumped about this. WI#1 was -5.6, so I think it would be awesome if I just kept on that kind of a roll. I'll take losing 5lbs a week! Haha...maybe a bit unrealistic but a girl can dream.

Have a good day everyone!
Sorry to hear about your daughter. I cannot even imagine the loss you experienced. Way to Go on the weight loss. you are definitely doing something right!
WOW! Stellar loss! Keep up the good work.
Thanks!
Trish
Trish, First off, congrats on the 62lb loss. That is wonderful. Don't throw it away now. Remember this is a lifestyle change. You will never be able to go back to binging on those types of snacks. Try to replace those ones with healthier snacks, SF jello, celery, pickles, peppers, soy nuts (carrots, almonds etc.. when able). Change the snacks altogether!! That would be my suggestion! And... of course you can make it to a size 8, you just have to decide that its worth it to commit and you will succeed!!
Last time I tried it on, I liked it a lot. Much, much more than if I had not started this diet. Now I wish I could just hook the vacuum up and suck the fat out of my upper arms before this weekend. LOL I don't think I've lost any fat from that area. Have a good week everyone. :-)
You NEVER know, I bet it fits better!! Have fun and feel great at the wedding!
These were my favorite shorts and they don't make them anymore so I am pretty happy.
Vet, I hate it when they quit making stuff I love, make up, clothes, hair stuff etc... I try to stock up when I find out! YAY for fitting in to your favorite shorts!!
Don't forget Men typically lose at a faster rate due to their higher lean mass. Lean mass sets your basal metabolic rate which is what we are using to burn through our fat mass!!

this last year has been one of the tuffest years...and I stopped taking care of myself...

Thank goodness your granddaughter is going to be ok, what a stressful year. You will get back on the wagon and will look FABULOUS in August in your dress! Welcome back!
Morning all, My WI over the weekend was 4 pounds down.
That's what working the plan will do for ya! Congrats on a great WI!
YAY!! Kudos, what a great feeling!

Jen, Good luck at tomorrow's weigh in.
Daisy, WOOT-WOOT!! Scrubs were going to be the downfall of me too. I refused to buy bigger so decided to do IP instead! Now I'm comfortably in my old ones and hope to even buy smaller ones soon!!
Moose, YAY for feeling stronger. Physically or emotionally? You can do it! Keep your eye on the prize!
mom2hi-way to rock it this week, welcome!
Port-Nice job talking yourself out of a cheat! Way to go, you are doing it!!
Princess-Lots and lots of people have switched to alternatives and are still losers!! I do about 50/50 now.
NewPath-I am so with you on the pickles, that is my fave snack!! Just have to watch the sodium.
Kara, Where in SD are you? I'm 2h south of the TC. If you drive over on 90, You'll drive right my my little town! Have fun. And...about dH's friend's comment, you must have looked good!!

NewPath
06-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Hello! I figured that this was just as good of a place as any to introduce myself and say hi? I started IP five days ago and just had a weigh-in this afternoon. I lost 9.5 lbs already! This is just the motivation I need to really stick with things and commit fully. As someone obese for my entire life, I'm in a place where I feel like I have no other option. I have to make this work. I figured connected with like-minded individuals would be a step in the right direction :)

~Jenni
Welcome Unwaver1ng!
You CAN do this. Great job on week 1. Be sure to come here for support and questions. I have never had support like I get here. Everyone here is committed and working VERY hard. IP is an amazing lifestyle...WELCOME to it!!!!!

wuv2bloved
06-25-2012, 07:13 PM

~Jenni

Welcome Jenni, I started off 10lbs heavier than you and I had set the SAME goal weight as you...250lbs. I have since changed it to 200lbs only have about 25-30lbs left to go. This is a wonderful program IF you stay committed to it. IF you are determined enough to WANT it BAD ENOUGH you will get it done. In 15 months I have loss 164lbs and over 100 inches. My shirts when I started were a 5x Men's polo, a TIGHT 36 pants and a 56DD bra. Today I am a size 14-16 top(at lane byrant), size 18 pants and a 38C bra. I have been committed to this program for 15 months, I have not licked, sipped, nibbled or tasted anything I am not suppose too. It is so worth it to STAY OP, If I would of ventured off of program I would NOT be where I am today! Good luck to you, come here for support, recipes and friendships!

Hgamroth
06-25-2012, 07:43 PM
So excited!!! I just received my liquid stevia drops in root beer flavor! I am going to try it in my vanilla pudding tonight and partially freeze it!

Who says I can't have a root beer float!?! :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/fireworks01/lb/214/140/182/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

mooselover
06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
So excited!!! I just received my liquid stevia drops in root beer flavor! I am going to try it in my vanilla pudding tonight and partially freeze it!

Who says I can't have a root beer float!?! :)

Yum!!! That sounds so good

Darralyn
06-25-2012, 08:36 PM
I love that! I also appreciated your quote earlier today where you stated that "cheating was not an option". Hope you don't mind but that is my new mantra..I have been chanting it all day today! You are such a great help!

~Jenni
Welcome to the forum! You have found a home. Good luck on IP and know that if you have issues wuv2bloved is your go to gal. But if you've been lurking you probably already know this.

A little NSV I would like to share. I went shopping on my lunch break to get new jeans cause the 12's were pretty baggy...so it makes sense I had to buy 10's and I sure like that number better than my largest size which was an 18.
Hopefully it will be a size 6 when I am done. :o

WingnutandMe
06-25-2012, 09:50 PM

Don't be concerned about switching to alternatives and affecting your losses. I was totally on the IP program for 12 weeks. For multiple reasons I had to leave the clinic I was going to and I went on alternatives. That was 11 weeks ago. My losses haven't varied that much. You just have to spend more time making sure what alternatives you select have very close nutritional numbers with the IP products. IP has removed all the work and guessing.

Check out this thread, http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/255854-alternative-product-reviews.html. for lots of people's reviews of different alternative products.

Molly

Tigerlvr52
06-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Ouch too much yard work, this is going to hurt in the morning. Hope the extra packet and water will help.

sangria12
06-25-2012, 11:03 PM

Thanks!! :)

jebaughman
06-25-2012, 11:03 PM
rvingprincess - You might try shopping at Shopforprotein.com. They have the IP products for $27 a box with free shipping. Each month they have a code that gives you a 10% discount, making it $24.30 a box. Their supplements are also less expensive than at the center I use. The code for June is June.

Trishak
06-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Just wanted to share that I am 100% OP today. About to have my evening snack and go to bed. Thanks! I feel so much better today!!! I really hope to see the 150's very soon! :-)

mompattie
06-25-2012, 11:47 PM
I love that! I also appreciated your quote earlier today where you stated that "cheating was not an option". Hope you don't mind but that is my new mantra..I have been chanting it all day today! You are such a great help!

Welcome to the forum! You have found a home. Good luck on IP and know that if you have issues wuv2bloved is your go to gal. But if you've been lurking you probably already know this.

A little NSV I would like to share. I went shopping on my lunch break to get new jeans cause the 12's were pretty baggy...so it makes sense I had to buy 10's and I sure like that number better than my largest size which was an 18.
Hopefully it will be a size 6 when I am done. :o

Size 10!!!! Wowza that's awesome girl!!!! Doesn't that just feel glorious!!! I can't wait for size 10!!!! Hooray for you!

Kaypix
06-25-2012, 11:48 PM
redmom:. I am in Sioux Falls and we take I90 to Blue Earth or Wyndom then head North from there. We are actually staying in Mayer which is a cute, sleepy little town about 30 miles from Minneapolis.

Just checking in, taking a night off the bike building, which feels really good for a change in speed. Well I'm off to do anything not motorcycle related, night all and see you tomorrow! Oh and whoever was talking about a get together, I'd totally go, even if it was in Canadia!

nomoreweight
06-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Kaypix - I am in SF about every week. I knew you were in SD but didn't know it was SF. I grew up there, and now live about 2 hrs away near Huron. My mom is selling her house so I have been helping her move and all that fun stuff. I always thought you looked familiar. I've probably seen you around!

nomoreweight
06-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Quick question. I keep forgetting to take my supplements at supper time and sometimes take all 4 cal mags within an hour of eachother. Is this ok? It is better than skipping them, right?

Hockeymom40
06-26-2012, 12:36 AM

Congratulations on you'd loss, that's great. I was thinking about NovaScents,
I haven't seen her on the boards lately. I hope she didn't fall off the wagon.

ChaloJ
06-26-2012, 01:23 AM
Congratulations on you'd loss, that's great. I was thinking about NovaScents,
I haven't seen her on the boards lately. I hope she didn't fall off the wagon.

I was thinking the same thing about Mamacita.

Here's a shout out to old friends: You are missed!

My WI was today: down 2 pounds. I am happy, but it sure seems like onederland is being elusive. 8 more pounds. I reallllllllly want to speed them along, but I'm on plan, so I don't know what more to do. My coach suggested increasing to 4 packets and walking, so I am going to have to try to figure out a time to work that in my schedule.

Stefany1769
06-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Stephany - Don't stress. Twice I've had weeks were I got a little sugar by accident (restaurant told me there wasn't any in the seasoning until after I ate it) and a little cheese (had to scrape it off a burger but you know how it sticks!) and those were my two biggest weeks as far as fat loss. I know it seems contradictory but I think it must've been a welcome shock to my system or something. I use soy all the time, butter is just a little extra fat, and I'm sure terryaki isn't too bad.

Thank you, I know that I should KNOW that, but when you are having symptoms you get scared. :dizzy: Thanks again... headache still hasnt cleared up, it must be my sinuses.

I have been struggling lately as well, I think it is because I am getting so close to goal. Maybe we could help eachother with this. I imagine we live pretty close, we could call and chat about what we are struggling with and help eachother make a game plan. PM me if you are interested.

Wooohooo!!!:broc:
Had my 6th WI today and I am down 2 pounds. Not bad, I am averaging about 2.5 to 3 pound loss per week.

So I am down a total of 14 pounds, and BMI down from 39 to 36 in two weeks.
Happy with the loss! I am down a bit in muscle, but I was sick over the weekend, and I think that may have affected the muscle. I had a hard time eating anything.
But I am feeling better and happy to be 100%!
Your doing great! Those numbers are really good :D

Just keep coming back to this site and reading the posts, it will help :) :hug:

just a quick hello! it's been a busy day so far. started training at my clinic today. I did a few "starts" and the coach who i shadowed said they were bringing me on for this purpose. She said that the others said i'd be really good at it :) that made me feel good. I would have worked all day, but as a stay at home mom, i told them this would have to be extremely part time. Anyway, today went well.. i go back tomorrow (for weigh in) and to train some more. I should be done training in the next two weeks. Well, i'm off to my husband's appointment with the specialist he sees.. i'll be catching up on posts on the hour drive.. Have a great OP day everyone!
Im so excited for you!! You are awesome, you will probably be the best coach they have in no time!!:D

Good Morning All...

UGH! What an awful night last night..No sleep...peeeeing peeeing peeeeing....and lets not forget that rubarb that kicked in half way through the night...Im soooo tired now...going to take a nap after this...

Well....its a nice day in Hardy...sunny out..thats a nice change from the rain...In case you dont follow Canadian News..half of BC is flooding right now from too much rain and apparently parts of Alberta as well...

Yesterday was such a bad day...i wanted to cheat so bad...In fact.. i made my hubby drive me all the way to the store for me to walk in the store and walk around the store and all through the isles and during my walk all the way around the store..i convinced myself.."Its just not worth it..." and so i walked out of the store with nothing...Then i proceeded to go home and eat my chicken like a good girl...Needless to say i was impressed with myself and so was DH...I dont think i ever walked in a store and out of a store without buying something... I realized it was just my sore feelings that was making me want to eat...

Anywho...its all good.. Well gotta run and go drink some more water..tummy is gurgling at me.
I am SOOO proud of you!!! :carrot::carrot:

~Jenni
Hi Jenni, that was an awesome WI!!! :D Welcome to the board :)

Stefany1769
06-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Quick question. I keep forgetting to take my supplements at supper time and sometimes take all 4 cal mags within an hour of eachother. Is this ok? It is better than skipping them, right?
I would say that it is better than not taking them at all. I do this sometimes too and it hasnt affect my weight loss yet. :)

I was thinking the same thing about Mamacita.

Here's a shout out to old friends: You are missed!

My WI was today: down 2 pounds. I am happy, but it sure seems like onederland is being elusive. 8 more pounds. I reallllllllly want to speed them along, but I'm on plan, so I don't know what more to do. My coach suggested increasing to 4 packets and walking, so I am going to have to try to figure out a time to work that in my schedule.
Congrats on you WI! :D If you get break time at work you could walk during those. I get two breaks throughout the day and I use them to walk. I also use my lunch to walk if it is a busy day and I might not get a break.
Her idea to increase your intake is good. I hope it works out for you :)

Stefany1769
06-26-2012, 01:55 AM
The headache that started yesterday still hasnt gone away completely. Other than that my day has gone by really fast for a Monday, must be because I was so busy!
My son turned 11 today, my little man is growing up!! :cry:

My daughter turns 13 on July 27, she is growing up toooooo fast.

I found a new app that you can get for your phone that is pretty funny!! Just go to Prankdial.com Oh man did we have fun with that one!! It calls the person you want using a fake phone number and then plays a recording that is meant to sound like someone having a conversation with you. Totally fooled my DF with it, he wont live that one down anytime soon.

Lately I have been struggling with knowing how close I am to P2... Has anyone else been there? Knowing that is going to be happening soon and then struggling with crazy cravings because of it. Some of the cravings could be from TOM though... UGH!

GGee
06-26-2012, 03:47 AM
The headache that started yesterday still hasnt gone away completely. Other than that my day has gone by really fast for a Monday, must be because I was so busy!
My son turned 11 today, my little man is growing up!! :cry:

My daughter turns 13 on July 27, she is growing up toooooo fast.

I found a new app that you can get for your phone that is pretty funny!! Just go to Prankdial.com Oh man did we have fun with that one!! It calls the person you want using a fake phone number and then plays a recording that is meant to sound like someone having a conversation with you. Totally fooled my DF with it, he wont live that one down anytime soon.

Lately I have been struggling with knowing how close I am to P2... Has anyone else been there? Knowing that is going to be happening soon and then struggling with crazy cravings because of it. Some of the cravings could be from TOM though... UGH!

Happy Birthday to your son! My daughter turned 10 yesterday. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo hard not to eat cake and the candy from all the goody bags. Then we had a sleepover and they had a cupcake design contest. I ate my strawberry wafers and said a prayer!! Today at the movies, part 2 of the sleepover, I had too bring two restricted items to prevent me from eating popcorn and candy! I made sure to stay under 25 grams with the packets. One chocolate puffs and the other was garlic and onion soy nuts. I was able to stretch those two packets till the end of the movie! Then I just had an orange drink as a snack. I hope having two restricted items while keeping under the 25 is okay. Or am a tempting the scales to go in the other direction. Hmmm. I don't know if the cravings ever go aways. But don't succumb to them. You have done so well!!
:smug:

Stefany1769
06-26-2012, 04:00 AM
Yes the cake was hard to get by, but I did it!!! I even picked up fresh made pizza for everyone else to have at dinner. I rode all the way home with all the windows rolled down, thank goodness it wasnt raining!!! hahaha I have to make a cake for his birthday party with all of his friends for this weekend... :( Not really looking forward to that, but I have always made thier cakes and when I even suggest buying one they get all upset. sigh. Last year he wanted a yellow cake with cool whip and strawberry layer in the middle with a skull and 'blood' for decorations. lol

I think having two restricteds was the smart thing to do, after all it is better to have another IP product than candy! :D I just wouldnt make a habit of it. You are doing great, just keep coming back here for inspiration and encouragement.

I have no idea if the cravings will ever go away, but I am over two months in now and I still get cravings and urges. For all of those lucky enough to have them go away... more power to ya!