Old 06-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Question Feeling Yucky

For the last 2 days I have been feeling sick, specifically experiencing "the runs" to be polite.

It was HOT here, and I think I spent too much time outside. I drank tons of water, but that evening I really felt aweful and in and out of the bathroom. I just did not feel like eating anything, and ate about 1/4 of the protein, and forced myself to eat a salad. And by 8:00 I had some pudding, and by 9:00 I went to bed, nursing a headache and a tummy ache.

Took some meds today, and I am feels a little better, but I still feel like I don't want to eat.

So I am wondering what one does when got they don't feel good. Does a person try to eat, or not? What happens if less food than is required is actually eaten?
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #2  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Sorry you feel yucky!!
Make sure you are getting all of your sea salt plus maybe a little extra. Spread out your food through the whole day don't force yourself to eat. Basically munch a little veggies, little protein. Try very hard to get 3 IP packs, 8oz protein, and 4 cups select veggies, drop the extra lettuce for a short time until your system is back on track. Good Luck!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #3  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm with redhead14 on this one, make sure you're getting the salt you need.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Wink Thanks

Great advice. Thanks. I will try more salt and less lettuce for a couple days. I have WI Monday, so I can check with my coach too.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #5  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry you're not feeling good. I hope you feel better soon.
aimeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #6  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post

For the last 2 days I have been feeling sick, specifically experiencing "the runs" to be polite.

It was HOT here, and I think I spent too much time outside. I drank tons of water, but that evening I really felt aweful and in and out of the bathroom. I just did not feel like eating anything, and ate about 1/4 of the protein, and forced myself to eat a salad. And by 8:00 I had some pudding, and by 9:00 I went to bed, nursing a headache and a tummy ache.

Took some meds today, and I am feels a little better, but I still feel like I don't want to eat.

So I am wondering what one does when got they don't feel good. Does a person try to eat, or not? What happens if less food than is required is actually eaten?
You mention you were outside a lot in really HOT weather. Is it possible you had a mild case of heat stroke? By Day 3 of the heat wave experienced in my area last week, I was feeling much like you described. Minus the 'runs'. (which is another symptom of heat stroke). I pretty much just drank cold protein shakes that day, and nibbled on veggies throughout the day with cold dip. A thunder storm came by the evening of that 3rd day, and by the next day I was back to normal.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Hope you are feeling better soon!
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote