Ideal Protein Diet - Alternatives for Phase 1 "talk"

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Alternatives for Phase 1 "talk"

wuv2bloved
06-24-2012, 05:57 PM
I am not the original poster of the original thread but since it is over 500 post it will be closed shortly. I wanted to make sure that you all still had a place to post and chat. I named it wrong....oops its suppose to be Alternative products that will work on Phase 1.

IF YOU HAVE TRIED and know it works, please respond with the product and your results.

I am hoping this thread won't get too buried in chat. I have tried to read the old alternative thread posts, and even as an experienced forum user, it is a bit overwhelming to read everything trying to pull out the essentials.! :dizzy:

Maybe we can get this to be something a little more reference and user friendly???

BLUEJEWEL
06-24-2012, 06:23 PM
so can we still access the other posts on this? I am doing alternative and would like to get some idea.

wuv2bloved
06-24-2012, 06:26 PM
so can we still access the other posts on this? I am doing alternative and would like to get some idea.

You will always be able to access it just won't be able to post on it once the moderators close the thread.

BLUEJEWEL
06-24-2012, 06:36 PM
thank you!.I am sure you know, but just want to tell you...Your success is such an inspiration. Congratulations.

wuv2bloved
06-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Thank you :)

Delgen
06-24-2012, 09:21 PM
The idea of alternatives really scares me? Is it really okay?

Hockeymom40
06-24-2012, 10:09 PM
I buy bars from Nashua. Proti-thin Carmel nut and peanut butter crisp. They are exactly the same only have less sodium which is good for me.

Kaypix
06-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Yay alternative thread! Wuv, you know me, always working on something ;) DH and I are working on the motorcycle right now, but once that's done I can try to rock out the recipe book, after that I'll try digging through the original alternatives that work thread and try to piece together a pdf of the results.

BLUEJEWEL
06-25-2012, 01:05 AM
Yay alternative thread! Wuv, you know me, always working on something ;) DH and I are working on the motorcycle right now, but once that's done I can try to rock out the recipe book, after that I'll try digging through the original alternatives that work thread and try to piece together a pdf of the results.

a pdf with ideas would be terrific! i have a friend who has done alternatives since january and has lost 50 pounds. she had me get some protien powder at target and bars (pure protien) I dont know the powders because the names came off when I opened the containers. Anyways, would love to have ideas for other things since I imagine I will be doing this for at least 3 or 4 months.
Thanks!

Violetgal
06-25-2012, 03:32 AM
Eas Carb Advantedge shakes are ok. Thinner and less yummy than the IP RTDs. Chocolate Fudge flavor is better than the milk chocolate. Vanilla is ok, haven't tried the strawberry. I pretty much stick to IP products, but at $6 for a pack of 4 at Walmart, I use these as my fourth packet on days I exercise alot.

des692781
06-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Would these be considered restricted?
PureProtein - S'mores
Serving Size - 1 bar
Calories 180
Fat 5g
Carbs 20g
Protein 25g

What about this as a replacement for IP?
PureProtein - Vanilla Cream
Serving Size - 1 scoop
Calories 140
Fat 2.5g
Carbs 3g
Protein 25g

I've been alternating the EAS Carb Advantage Shakes with the PureProtein Shakes. Thanks!

staceyjblack
06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
I think anything over 8 carbs is restricted

WingnutandMe
06-25-2012, 12:56 PM
PureProtein - S'mores
Serving Size - 1 bar
Calories 180
Fat 5g
Carbs 20g
Protein 25g

Serving Size - 1 scoop
Calories 140
Fat 2.5g
Carbs 3g
Protein 25g

I've been alternating the EAS Carb Advantage Shakes with the PureProtein Shakes. Thanks!

A geneal rule for determining restricted is more than 8 grams of carbohydrates. So, the S'mores bar definitely would be, but the Vanilla Cream (I'm assuming this is a scoop of protein powder) would not be restricted. When you get around 8 grams, it can be iffy.

There are no real rules because Ideal Protein has calculated and predetermine this and limits everything to just their foods. Their program requires no checking ot calculations. It is trickier with alternatives, it requires some research and analysis especially in checking nutritional information.

Molly

des692781
06-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Great thank you!

IPdivajen
06-25-2012, 02:39 PM
The chocolate drink is 9 grams of carbs, so anything over that number is considered restricted.

Just wanted to put that out there so people don't worry about the chocolate drink being restricted! :)

des692781
06-26-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.centsablediet.com/recommendedproducts.htm

found this site if anyone is interested

usmcvet
06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
PureProtein - S'mores
Serving Size - 1 bar
Calories 180
Fat 5g
Carbs 20g
Protein 25g

Serving Size - 1 scoop
Calories 140
Fat 2.5g
Carbs 3g
Protein 25g

I use the pure protein bars, and some other protein powders too. The bars should be counted as a restricted for sure. I had one for lunch a little while ago. They taste great to me and are waaaay more affordable.

Kaypix
06-26-2012, 12:43 PM
a pdf with ideas would be terrific! i have a friend who has done alternatives since january and has lost 50 pounds. she had me get some protien powder at target and bars (pure protien) I dont know the powders because the names came off when I opened the containers. Anyways, would love to have ideas for other things since I imagine I will be doing this for at least 3 or 4 months.
Thanks!
Yeah I'm working on a recipe book from all the forums right now, 14 pages per thread, with 40 (or so) recipes per page, and we have 3 groups, so that's my "baby" right now. Keep hounding me about an alternatives suggestions though and I'll definitely get one put together in the future. I keep track of the alternative products I eat on my blog and write reviews as I go, although lately I've been broke so just using the cheap powder I have.

also http://www.dietdirect.com , specifically wonderslim, bariwise and proti-diet.

PhoenixRisingAgain
06-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah I'm working on a recipe book from all the forums right now, 14 pages per thread, with 40 (or so) recipes per page, and we have 3 groups, so that's my "baby" right now. Keep hounding me about an alternatives suggestions though and I'll definitely get one put together in the future. I keep track of the alternative products I eat on my blog and write reviews as I go, although lately I've been broke so just using the cheap powder I have.

also http://www.dietdirect.com , specifically wonderslim, bariwise and proti-diet.

Haha, another broke person here; what is the "cheap powder" that you have? I am always looking for inexpensive powders that taste decent. I've got some from GNC (not too bad tasting); I've got some from "Body Fortress", again, not too bad tasting (it was on sale last week for <$20 for a huge tub; and I have some Pure Protein which I haven't actually tried yet.

foxxybrown
06-27-2012, 09:50 AM

This is an awesome site!!! I understand Ideal wanting people to follow protocol, but being a person who have had little money myself, I can understand when you want to lose weight that you need to be able to find affordable ways.

I use the pure protein bars, and some other protein powders too. The bars should be counted as a restricted for sure. I had one for lunch a little while ago. They taste great to me and are waaaay more affordable.

Hmmm...which bars do you use? WHere do you get pure protein bars?

Cole3
06-27-2012, 09:53 AM
I use the pure protein bars as well .... you can get them at Walmart or Target ... they are at CVS as well but far more expensive. The chocolate and the chocolate peanutbutter are yummy ... the cookie dough one I am not in love with but it isn't non-edible either.

foxxybrown
06-27-2012, 10:03 AM

Has anyone done this one? Or tried his plan?

evepet
06-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Has anyone done this one? Or tried his plan?

I just looked at his website. His 'plan' is basically what a lot of us on alternatives are already doing. Many of us use these same alternative products already, we just have been buying them through different sources. I don't see any new alternative products here - just another possible source.

des692781
06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
He's selling his secrets on Ebay. Which I think is a joke. That's how I came across it.

foxxybrown
06-27-2012, 10:57 AM
I just looked at his website. His 'plan' is basically what a lot of us on alternatives are already doing. Many of us use these same alternative products already, we just have been buying them through different sources. I don't see any new alternative products here - just another possible source.

Ok,So is there a way that someone can post which items are restricted, which are non restricted and where I can I find a copy of the plan for alternatives?

evepet
06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Ok,So is there a way that someone can post which items are restricted, which are non restricted and where I can I find a copy of the plan for alternatives?

You'd have to compare the nutritional label values of each item to the comparable IP item, and see whether it would be classed as restricted or unrestricted. There was a spreadsheet around a few months ago that listed some of this info... if you do a search you can probably locate it. Not sure if it's up to date though.

evepet
06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
He's selling his secrets on Ebay. Which I think is a joke. That's how I came across it.

I guess we can give him an 'A' for trying. Actually, if someone was starting out brand new and hadn't already taken the time to search out all these alternative products, buying his 'new package' would be a useful short cut. I like how he's linked each product into the page that shows the nutritional label values. At least all the info needed is in one place here.

mama21
06-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Today was WI#7 for me...down 19.2 pounds. I have only ever used alternative products. I mostly use the pureprotein chocolate drink, I can't stand the powder. I also always have the vanilla drink on hand but the chocolate is my favourite. I have also used Optimum Gold Standard vanilla powder and Premier shakes from Costco (has more cals.) I also love the pureprotein bars - chocolate flavour. Hope this helps!

foxxybrown
06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
I found it!!

This is a sheet that I have, it compares the IP food to alternatives but list them as they are the same. Look at it and see if this is what you are looking for...Lisa

Chloe222
07-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Foxxy,
Read through the restricted thread - that's what I did and you can skim it quickly, sort of. I live in teh US and use Nashua Nutrition focusing mainly on Proti-Diet, Proti-Thin products but also buy some HealthSmart and some WeightLoss Systems (all from Nashua). However there are others too - just trying to help. I use GNC Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein powder for shakes.

The Alternative approach is really the same as IP - just use 3 of their packages/day in place of IP. Many alternatives have a little less protein than IP, so count that and you may want to add an extra couple of ounces to your dinner to be sure you are getting all the recommended protein and staying within the carb requirements (which I think is a max of 30 carbs/day for phase 1 - can anyone else validate that?).

patns
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks Wuv for opening the new thread. I had tried to keep the the thread called Alternative Discussions Here going each day but people kept opening new alternative threads and so I just gave up after a while.

Pat

PhoenixRisingAgain
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
OK, Pure Protein bars: the only ones I can find are loaded with carbs (seems like 19-20 grams). Which ones are you guys using?

Also, finally tried the Pure Protein Vanilla, it was decent. May make it thicker on occasion. I am also really liking the Body Fortress protein powder that I got; I buy it at K-Mart of all places, for $18.99 for 27 servings. Each serving has 26gr protein, 4 carbs, 140 cals.

The GNC stuff that I have has 20gr protein, 2 carbs and 80 cals -- I won't be buying this one again as it's pricey. I bought something else from them at first, before I finished my research. It was very high in carbs and pretty low in protein. Returned it and exchanged it for this chocolate stuff instead.

So far I am happy with the products I've gotten, but then again, my husband says I'll eat "anything"...

phoenix

Edited to add: think I found the answer to my own question about Pure Protein bars: are you all subtracting the sugar alcohols + fiber? That leaves 10 carbs, which is more palatable; these are used as restricted, yes?

NOVAScents
07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
SO I thought I was doing so good with puddings, thinking they were low in
With that, what do people buy, outside of drinks, that are low carb?

PhoenixRisingAgain
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
SO I thought I was doing so good with puddings, thinking they were low in
With that, what do people buy, outside of drinks, that are low carb?

I used South Beach bars as my evening snack; they aren't fantastic, but I like them. I've been shopping and shopping for a bar to use. I am thinking of trying the Pure Protein, due to the edit in my original post.

phoenix

NOVAScents
07-02-2012, 01:54 PM
So when it says Sugars you're subtracting that or just Sugar Alcohols?

PhoenixRisingAgain
07-02-2012, 02:03 PM
So when it says Sugars you're subtracting that or just Sugar Alcohols?

I think they only subtract it if it says specifically "sugar alcohols". If you look at the label for one of those bars (I did it through Google), it lists "sugar" and "sugar alcohols", 2 separate things.

I've never subtracted sugar alcohols, but I do subtract fiber: that's why I chose the SB bars. They have, if I remember correctly 14 carbs, and 6 grams fiber. It just squeeks under the limit I think.

phoenix

aszp
07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
I just learned about this IP program two days ago.....It seems to be pretty user friendly....I'm interested in the Alternatives options for financial reasons mostly.... I've done a little research and have one question..

what is the Ideal Protein envelope...is that where you are replacing the protein bars and shakes that I have read about in the threads?

I'm anxious to start this journey...just want to know what tools I need! thanks for your help.

A.

NOVAScents
07-02-2012, 08:32 PM
I just learned about this IP program two days ago.....It seems to be pretty user friendly....I'm interested in the Alternatives options for financial reasons mostly.... I've done a little research and have one question..

what is the Ideal Protein envelope...is that where you are replacing the protein bars and shakes that I have read about in the threads?

I'm anxious to start this journey...just want to know what tools I need! thanks for your help.

A.
IP Food comes in a foil looking envelope, so yes thats what we're replacing.

Wuvs Mom
07-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Are you looking at the 1.76oz.bar or the large size bar? The 1.76 bar is 16-18 grams. I use these as my restricted for the day.

Wuvs Mom
07-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Are you looking at the 1.76oz.bar or the large size bar? The 1.76 bar is 16-18 grams. I use these as my restricted for the day.
These are the Pure Protein Bars.

kjw83
07-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I am doing IP again after losing 25# and meeting my goal.....and gettinga surprise pregnancy out of the deal! Because of cost, I am using alternatives this time. I only have about 10 # to go to get down to where I was when I got PG. This is my 5th day on it this time, and I`ve lost 4 #. I`m using Proti-Diet products this time, but my question about the bars, like Pure Protein and Atkins bars, is, do you not subtract the sugar alchohols? I always thought you did, but after reading some of the previous posts, now I`m not sure. Because if you did that, they wouldn`t be restricted. I used pure protien bars at the end last time and thought they were ok. I`ve also read the belly fat cure, and he has you subtract the sugar alcohols, so I`m just confused now, loL!

MaMaZu
07-02-2012, 10:18 PM
I am doing IP again after losing 25# and meeting my goal.....and gettinga surprise pregnancy out of the deal! Because of cost, I am using alternatives this time. I only have about 10 # to go to get down to where I was when I got PG. This is my 5th day on it this time, and I`ve lost 4 #. I`m using Proti-Diet products this time, but my question about the bars, like Pure Protein and Atkins bars, is, do you not subtract the sugar alchohols? I always thought you did, but after reading some of the previous posts, now I`m not sure. Because if you did that, they wouldn`t be restricted. I used pure protien bars at the end last time and thought they were ok. I`ve also read the belly fat cure, and he has you subtract the sugar alcohols, so I`m just confused now, loL!

I've used alternatives the whole time: 2 shakes and 1 bar daily, all Pure Protein.

evepet
07-02-2012, 10:43 PM

I take note of which sugar alcohol is being used and consider it accordingly in so far as subtracting from carbs. They have varying degrees of affect on blood sugar. For example, malitol syrup ranks on the glycemic index at 52 which is practically as high as sucrose (sugar) at 60, so I never net it out. Erythritol however has 0 impact on blood sugar, so I would subtract it from carbs.
Here's some good info, along with a chart that lists all sugar alcohols and where they rank on the GI.
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/sugaralcohols.htm

kjw83
07-02-2012, 10:48 PM
ok thanks alot!

patns
07-02-2012, 11:31 PM

I finally found the small ones at Walmart so am going to try one tomorrow. All they had was the large size for the longest time. I would have a hard time leaving the second half alone if I bought large ones and cut them in half.
Pat

aszp
07-03-2012, 10:01 AM
anyone have a sample weekly menu for phase 1...thanks!

PhoenixRisingAgain
07-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I finally found the small ones at Walmart so am going to try one tomorrow. All they had was the large size for the longest time. I would have a hard time leaving the second half alone if I bought large ones and cut them in half.
Pat

It would call to me and I would feel obligated....:D

britne1
07-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Can someone recommend a good PURE protein bar? The ones I've seen lately have way too many carbs (may use as a restricted) but wanna take the guesswork out of it.

I spent way too much time in the grocery store pouring over the nutrition labels.

Tell me what protein bars (brand & flavors) worked for you and still allowed you to still lose weight?

MaMaZu
07-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Can someone recommend a good PURE protein bar? The ones I've seen lately have way too many carbs (may use as a restricted) but wanna take the guesswork out of it.

I spent way too much time in the grocery store pouring over the nutrition labels.

Tell me what protein bars (brand & flavors) worked for you and still allowed you to still lose weight?

I like the PB and Chocolate and the S'mores the best, the 1.76 ounce size.

rissimo
07-03-2012, 08:10 PM
PureProtein - S'mores
Serving Size - 1 bar
Calories 180
Fat 5g
Carbs 20g
Protein 25g

Serving Size - 1 scoop
Calories 140
Fat 2.5g
Carbs 3g
Protein 25g

Yes, all the Pure Protein Bars are considered restricted.

rissimo
07-03-2012, 08:14 PM

I have used the Pure Protein Bars since I started this plan and they have not hindered my weightloss. I LOVE the Blueberry Crumb Cake, Peanut Butter and Peanut Butter Caramel Surprise. I also have used the Detour Bars and I love all the flavors that they have.

rissimo
07-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Okay Alternative IPeeps,

I just wanted to let you know that I am working on a spreadsheet for the Alternative Products for quick reference.

Chloe222
07-03-2012, 09:36 PM

I look forward to your alternatives recipe book! Thanks!

Okay Alternative IPeeps,

I just wanted to let you know that I am working on a spreadsheet for the Alternative Products for quick reference.
This will be wonderful too! Thanks for doing this!

Wuvs Mom
07-03-2012, 10:08 PM
I like the PB and Chocolate and the S'mores the best, the 1.76 ounce size. I agree with you they are awesome. I have been maintaining since September and still have a bar with my 2 cups of vegetables for lunch. I have also started using the Detour bar for variety. I always rotate the bars so I never eat the same.

patns
07-04-2012, 01:43 AM
It would call to me and I would feel obligated....:D

Yes once you cut them they are loud! Not at all like that when in an unopened package:)

patns
07-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Okay Alternative IPeeps,

Thank you! That will be so helpful.
Pat

mompattie
07-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Ok guys. I bought some IP premade pudding cups at a very steep price!! But I've fallen in love!!! I bought them for the camper/beach, love them refrigerated!! Is there a suitable alternative? I order from proteinwell and Nashua on a regular basis as I'm on alternatives. Thanks!!!

mammoth357
07-04-2012, 08:53 PM
How about the Atkins bars? I see they have some with no sugar and high in fiber...just not sure about sugar alcohol impact...but almost all I saw today at walmart were only 1-3 net carbs (total carbes minus fiber and minus sugar alcohols)...anyone using as your restricted bar?
Thanks
Jake

BLUEJEWEL
07-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I posted this on another thread and it was suggested I post it here:
I have a question, the last two times I have had my bar (I use the pure protien bars and am on day 16) I get really really light headed and almost sick when I eat them. It almost feels like a sugar rush and then I just crash, I want to go to sleep. Has anyone else had this problem?
I am wondering if it is the Carbs or ?? Really weird.
A friend gave me a Simply Bar the other day which did not do that to me, but it was soooo good (COCOA +!) I am afraid to have them in the house. I would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks so much and congratulations to all of you 100%ers!

patns
07-05-2012, 12:00 AM
I posted this on another thread and it was suggested I post it here:
I have a question, the last two times I have had my bar (I use the pure protien bars and am on day 16) I get really really light headed and almost sick when I eat them. It almost feels like a sugar rush and then I just crash, I want to go to sleep. Has anyone else had this problem?
I am wondering if it is the Carbs or ?? Really weird.
A friend gave me a Simply Bar the other day which did not do that to me, but it was soooo good (COCOA +!) I am afraid to have them in the house. I would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks so much and congratulations to all of you 100%ers!

Lots of people use the Pure Protein bars and really like them. But I find they have a stronger aftertaste, the same problem I have with the Detour bars.
I don't have any of the side effects you mentioned though but I think people react differently to some ingredients in products such as they taste different to some people. Maybe some people have more serious reactions.
Perhaps you have a reaction to sugar alcohols.

On another note, I ordered two boxes of Protidiet Chocolate dream bars because they looked soooo good in the picture. Chocolate Nightmare is more like it. They are so hard they are almost impossible to break and taste like that awful cheap chocolate.
They do only have six carbs though so I will use them up. But I'll need some really good veggies to go along with them. Man is this really me saying I need veggies to help get down "chocolate"???

Pat

mompattie
07-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Ugh Pat! I bought a box of those as well. They were gross, I tried to like them, but ended up chucking them in the garbage. Nasty cheap chocolate.

Momto2cs
07-05-2012, 12:14 AM
The sugar alcohols in the pure protein bars don't agree with me either. Some people have bad reactions to sugar alcohols. For me they do seem like sugar, plus they give me terrible gas!
I use the simply bars instead. Satisfying and yummy!

patns
07-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Ugh Pat! I bought a box of those as well. They were gross, I tried to like them, but ended up chucking them in the garbage. Nasty cheap chocolate.

Likely these will hit the garbage too!!

Porthardygurl
07-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Thanks Pat and MomPattie for saying that..because i myself had looked into ordering those..cause out of all the bars..they looked like they could be tolerable..good to know they wont be...Thats one more packet i wont have to throw out!! Phew!

Whats the calorie count on the Premier Nutrition Drinks from Cosco??? I heard they were higher then IP...how many???

Porthardygurl
07-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Also, do the Pure Protein Bars taste chalky?? and have an after taste??? Or do they taste splenda ish????

BLUEJEWEL
07-05-2012, 08:37 AM
thank you for the responses, i think it must be the sugar alcohol. I think I will order the Simply Bars for every day use and use the Pure Protien for an emergency. The first few days the Pure Protien was fine, that weird feeling happened just this week.
Anyway, maybe that means my body is actually making some changes! YAY for that!
Have a great day.

Chloe222
07-05-2012, 09:30 AM
thank you for the responses, i think it must be the sugar alcohol. I think I will order the Simply Bars for every day use and use the Pure Protien for an emergency. The first few days the Pure Protien was fine, that weird feeling happened just this week.
Anyway, maybe that means my body is actually making some changes! YAY for that!
Have a great day.
Let us know if that crashing feeling happens again.

I have a similar issue and haven't been able to pinpoint why this happens. It started before I started IP so it isn't a response to IP foods.

I will suddenly start to feel extremely tired, need to sleep badly. A few minutes before I was fine. This has happened without my being hungry or being aware of having low blood sugar. Had my bloodwork done, no apparent cause.

This sudden crash/can't keep my eyes open happens occasionally on IP, usually after lunch, sometimes after dinner, and both meals would have been 100% OP.

It happens despite taking all supplements and additives (oil, salt) and having all my water.

Any ideas why? Thanks in advance.

jeremy
07-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Here's a reformatted version of the "Compare Lindora-IP for 3FC.pdf" alternative products table. It has all the info for each product on a single page and has the headings on top of every page.

All the numbers come from the "Compare Lindora-IP for 3FC.pdf" file. Let me know if you find any errors or discrepancies.

BLUEJEWEL
07-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Chloe: I would get the tiredness occassionally where I just would fall asleep while working, it was always around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, I just assumed it meant I neede to exercise, go take a walk or move to Mexico where siestas are the norm! :)

Yesterday, I noticed I felt much better, and the bar did not give me any weird or crazy feelings. I actually enjoyed it. It may just be my body making changes, I dont know. But I will let you know if I experience it again.
Thanks

MaMaZu
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Thought I'd post this here too for all of us on alternatives:

Yikes! Weigh-in this morning shows I am .8 away from goal! Can't believe how fast this part of the journey has gone! Definitely nervous and excited about the real battle ahead!
Heading to LA with the hubs for a weekend of museums, botanical gardens, a play and some good food, and of course watching the Wimbledon finals, go Federer!

NOVAScents
07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
So, I'm addicted to making muffins out of puddings, but I'm almost out of puddings! Has anyone every tried using the Jillian Michaels' protein powder to make muffins??

Zartas
07-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I had the peanut butter simply bar today and I think I will count it as non-restricted. What do others think?
Cal 160
Fat 4
Carb 9
Fiber 4
Sugar 3
Protein 16

Tigerlvr52
07-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Also, do the Pure Protein Bars taste chalky?? and have an after taste??? Or do they taste splenda ish????

I really enjoy the peanut butter chocolate Pure Protein Bar. But dang they are addictive. I am making them super restricted and having them no more than 2 days a week.

mammoth357
07-06-2012, 04:01 PM

Yikes! Weigh-in this morning shows I am .8 away from goal! Can't believe how fast this part of the journey has gone! Definitely nervous and excited about the real battle ahead!
Heading to LA with the hubs for a weekend of museums, botanical gardens, a play and some good food, and of course watching the Wimbledon finals, go Federer!

CONGRATS on so close to making goal!!! That is awesome! The LA trip sounds wonderful and what a great list of places to visit!
Cheers;
Jake

mammoth357
07-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi all!
So I ordered the protein powder from netrition and got the healthsmart ChocoRite: Fudge Brownie flavor ($11.79 for 11 serving size) and had one this afternoon...AWESOME! Going to alternate these with my EAS Low carb shakes...

ChocoRite Info: Mix 2 scoops with 1.5 cup cold water
Healthsmart
ChocoRite Protein Shake, Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (38g)
Servings Per Container: 11
Total Calories 150
Calories From Fat 20
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 80mg
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Sugars 0 g
Net Carbs 3 g
Protein 24 g

If you would like to see flavors etc go here:
http://www4.netrition.com/healthsmart_chocolite_protein_shakes.html

Cheers:
Jake

BLUEJEWEL
07-06-2012, 04:42 PM

CONGRATULATIONS MAMA! I KNOW YOU HAVE WORKED HARD, AND BEING THE FOODY THAT YOU ARE, THIS IS SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT, THANKS FOR BLAZING THE TRAIL! HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!:hug:

patns
07-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Thanks Pat and MomPattie for saying that..because i myself had looked into ordering those..cause out of all the bars..they looked like they could be tolerable..good to know they wont be...Thats one more packet i wont have to throw out!! Phew!

Whats the calorie count on the Premier Nutrition Drinks from Cosco??? I heard they were higher then IP...how many???

The Premier Nutrition Drinks are actually the same as IP drinks made by the same company. (Dr. B's are also the same thing)

All the counts for the premier Drinks are higher because there is 11 ounces in a serving, the IP drinks have 8 ounces I think. I had a complete serving most mornings while I was on phase 1. I liked the good amount of protein to start the day.

The nutritional info is
Calories 160
Fat 3 g
Carbs 5
Fibre 3 g
Sugar 1 g
Protein 30 g

Pat

patns
07-07-2012, 12:36 AM
I had the peanut butter simply bar today and I think I will count it as non-restricted. What do others think?
Cal 160
Fat 4
Carb 9
Fiber 4
Sugar 3
Protein 16

It's right on the line for restricted/non restricted. Personally I'd use it as a non restricted.

Porthardygurl
07-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Oh man! BLEHHH!!(COUGH HACK WEEZE COUGH GAG) I hear that this "simply bar" is great..so while i was down island in a city area, i went to the local Thrifty Foods and low and behold i found a Simply Bar...Hearing that it was good... i picked one up to try out...I chose the chocolate raspberry...I got it into the car, and ravenously was ready to devour the whole thing..I open the package( sniff sniff) and take my first bite...and BLEHHHH!! It was horrible..How do you guys stand the taste of soy???? I can taste the soy in it like crazy...its got a horrible taste...the cocoa and the raspberry flavours couldnt even mask it... Yuck! I will never buy these again..especially not for the amount of carbs in it...

I think i have resolved that i just cant do bars of any kind...they just never taste right...

patns
07-07-2012, 12:40 AM
I know mompattie and I didn't give good advertising to the protidiet chocolate dream bars but we all have different tastes. If anyone in Canada wants to give them a shot I will send you two boxes. I'd rather pay postage than throw food away.

Pat

patns
07-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Oh man! BLEHHH!!(COUGH HACK WEEZE COUGH GAG) I hear that this "simply bar" is great..so while i was down island in a city area, i went to the local Thrifty Foods and low and behold i found a Simply Bar...Hearing that it was good... i picked one up to try out...I chose the chocolate raspberry...I got it into the car, and ravenously was ready to devour the whole thing..I open the package( sniff sniff) and take my first bite...and BLEHHHH!! It was horrible..How do you guys stand the taste of soy???? I can taste the soy in it like crazy...its got a horrible taste...the cocoa and the raspberry flavours couldnt even mask it... Yuck! I will never buy these again..especially not for the amount of carbs in it...

I think i have resolved that i just cant do bars of any kind...they just never taste right...

I think different people have different sensitivities. I eat lots of things with soy and have no problem with it.

mammoth357
07-07-2012, 07:22 AM
SOY? OMG you mean we eat SOY? haha! oh by the "Whey", it would seem we can find many products that contain all kinds of natural things and many chemistry set ingredients too...mostly I stick to real food like salad, veggies, and of course my cherished 8oz of meat each day!
I like my shakes pretty much: EAS low carb RTD, and now have the healthsmart chocoRite powder (fudge brownie) and it is AWESOME...have the peanut butter powder shake also and can't wait to try it!
cheers!
Jake

mompattie
07-07-2012, 12:53 PM
If anyone is interested in the ProtiDiet lemon dream bars I have 2 boxes that I dont care for. I'd be happy to ship them somewhere, like pat I'd prefer not to waste them as someone may like them. We all have different tastes.

patns
07-07-2012, 01:49 PM
If anyone is interested in the ProtiDiet lemon dream bars I have 2 boxes that I dont care for. I'd be happy to ship them somewhere, like pat I'd prefer not to waste them as someone may like them. We all have different tastes.

That is funny mom. I guess along with the name we have the same tastes!
I gave away two boxes of the lemon bars some months ago to someone who had them before and loved them.
So I guess a rule of thumb for us is don't order any protidiet product with dream in the name!

Pat

swimcoachmomma
07-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi and happy weekend. Yesterday I miscalculated how many premier protein shakes from Costco I had at work and ran out. So I zipped to Walmart and picked up a box of these s'mores bars. Too sweet!!!! Had a headache for a couple hours. Anyone else with similar issue??

phenomenon
07-07-2012, 05:57 PM
I know mompattie and I didn't give good advertising to the protidiet chocolate dream bars but we all have different tastes. If anyone in Canada wants to give them a shot I will send you two boxes. I'd rather pay postage than throw food away.

Pat

Are they still available?

MaMaZu
07-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi and happy weekend. Yesterday I miscalculated how many premier protein shakes from Costco I had at work and ran out. So I zipped to Walmart and picked up a box of these s'mores bars. Too sweet!!!! Had a headache for a couple hours. Anyone else with similar issue??

I love the S'Mores bars, enjoy them with my afternoon coffee.

phenomenon
07-09-2012, 12:27 PM
I have just received my first order from Nashua and noticed they've sent me the original version of the cocomint cream shake & pudding even though I asked for the aspartame free one.There's no way I can afford to buy anything else at the moment and I'm wondering how screwed I am with the weight loss if I take it?Am I just not going to lose anything?First time with alternatives too,am a bit stressed out to begin with.

star2nite
07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Does anyone know of a alternative to the IP white cheddar ridges?? I looooove them, but can't see paying $30 a box :(

I heard somewhere on here also that 8 carbs = restricted...well my chocolate powder IP drink is 8 and IP considers it unrestricted?? A little confused?

sweetsloan
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Okay Alternative IPeeps,

YA!!! I would be interested in your spreadsheet!!!

Kim62
07-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Hello everyone - I'm new here, but my husband and I have both been on the IdealProtein plan for almost 2 months now. He's lost 26 pounds and I have lost 20.2. YES!

Anyway - my reason for posting here is to let you know that we use the IP ready-made vanilla drink as a creamer for our hot tea at night, and I think I found a good substitute. It's called Soy Slender, and it's made by WestSoy. We use the Vanilla flavor. An 8oz serving has 70 calories, 4g total carbs, 3g dietary fiber, less than 1g sugars and 6g of protein.

Since we don't drink this as a meal, I'm not concerned about the protein difference, and the other counts (calories & carbs) are less than the IP ready-made Vanilla drink! We put a shot of it and several pumps of sugar-free Torani syrup into our hot tea, and it tastes almost like a hot drink you'd get at a fancy coffee shop!

Thanks for the threads, everyone - this is a great, supportive group!

sweetsloan
07-09-2012, 04:39 PM

How much are you selling them for and do you see wheat in the
I n g r e d i e n t s??? Do they taste like the IP Lemon poppy seed bar, I really like those and have not found a alternative. Thank you!!

Halfagain
07-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Awesome! I've missed my creamer - I'll look this up. Thank you!

Barb

Hello everyone - I'm new here, but my husband and I have both been on the IdealProtein plan for almost 2 months now. He's lost 26 pounds and I have lost 20.2. YES!

Anyway - my reason for posting here is to let you know that we use the IP ready-made vanilla drink as a creamer for our hot tea at night, and I think I found a good substitute. It's called Soy Slender, and it's made by WestSoy. We use the Vanilla flavor. An 8oz serving has 70 calories, 4g total carbs, 3g dietary fiber, less than 1g sugars and 6g of protein.

Since we don't drink this as a meal, I'm not concerned about the protein difference, and the other counts (calories & carbs) are less than the IP ready-made Vanilla drink! We put a shot of it and several pumps of sugar-free Torani syrup into our hot tea, and it tastes almost like a hot drink you'd get at a fancy coffee shop!

Thanks for the threads, everyone - this is a great, supportive group!

Coralie53
07-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Me too!:carrot:

alyssa80ryan
07-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Not to jump in awkwardly as the newbie but here goes :)
My cousin, who lost 40 lbs and made her goal weight in 3 months doing IP, had her coach explain the difference between IP and cheaper alternatives.
She was told the reason IP is more expensive is because they use plant protein (which your bodily more easily digests so that it can go to fat storage digestion more quickly). Everyone else (cheaper) is using animal protein (since it's cheaper) but your body takes longer so you don't burn the fat off as quickly.
Has anyone else heard that? It makes sense to me and her results sure speak for themselves. I mean, if I'm going to do this, I want to do it right and efficiently. But if I could also do it in a more affordable way...

mompattie
07-09-2012, 07:13 PM
How much are you selling them for and do you see wheat in the
I n g r e d i e n t s??? Do they taste like the IP Lemon poppy seed bar, I really like those and have not found a alternative. Thank you!!

They're free, but I'm sorry someone already spoke for them. They aren't like the IP ones, they are thin and don't have much flavor to them IMO, but everyone has different tastes. Lol!

mammoth357
07-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Hey halfagain LOVE your avatar pic...way cool!
Jake

Halfagain
07-10-2012, 02:40 AM
:-) thanks Jake! That's Missy at the beach.

Barb

Bellamack
07-10-2012, 11:25 PM
My cousin, who lost 40 lbs and made her goal weight in 3 months doing IP, had her coach explain the difference between IP and cheaper alternatives.
She was told the reason IP is more expensive is because they use plant protein (which your bodily more easily digests so that it can go to fat storage digestion more quickly). Everyone else (cheaper) is using animal protein (since it's cheaper) but your body takes longer so you don't burn the fat off as quickly.
Has anyone else heard that? It makes sense to me and her results sure speak for themselves. I mean, if I'm going to do this, I want to do it right and efficiently. But if I could also do it in a more affordable way...

Soy is Soy and is a plant and Whey is a byproduct of milk, so I am not convinced that you have been given totally accurate info. I do know that you want the Isolate when you purchase protein, as it is the purer form. I have been on the boards for over a year and people lose the same as when they are on IP and are pleased with the results. So, I don't really have an answer for you, just some points. Good Luck

evepet
07-10-2012, 11:46 PM
I have just received my first order from Nashua and noticed they've sent me the original version of the cocomint cream shake & pudding even though I asked for the aspartame free one.There's no way I can afford to buy anything else at the moment and I'm wondering how screwed I am with the weight loss if I take it?Am I just not going to lose anything?First time with alternatives too,am a bit stressed out to begin with.

I don't think it's really going to 'hurt' you, but just watch and see if you get cravings after you eat it. Some dieters report that they do. Also aspartame isn't very healthy for you, so when it's time to reorder make sure that you keep this in mind.

evepet
07-10-2012, 11:50 PM

I love The Simply Bar's lemon coconut flavor. In fact, I was at my local Bulk Barn this afternoon and picked up a couple of them. Enjoyed one with my tea when I got home. And the clerk checked to see whether they'd order in a box for me....the answas was yes - at a cost that is slightly less than what I've paid elsewhere for a box - so I go pick up the box on Friday. Just goes to show that we all have different tastes. Not only do I like the lemon coconut version, but it's the lowest carb option of the Simply bars at just 6 net carbs/bar. A healthy, tasty and unrestricted bar.

patns
07-11-2012, 12:09 AM

They do tell you this but I started on IP and then switched to alternatives and lost at the same rate.
In fact a good number of alternative proucts are the same as IP in different packaging.

Chloe222
07-11-2012, 09:11 AM

I used soy for a short while but found Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk and buy it in vanilla, chocolate, and coconut almond. The vanilla stats: 1 cup has 40 calories, 2 carbs, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein, 3.5 g fat.

Don't think this is quite accurate, as someone pointed out. I was on IP (using 100% IP products) in 2010, gained it back when I moved and was busy trying all the new restaurants...and then restarted in 2012 using 90% alternative products. I lost an identical amount during the first 2 month period. That's as long as I was on IP in 2010, so can only comment on that time length with credibility. Re cost, I spend on average $11 per box of 7 packets. With the savings, I buy a lot of extras that make this program easier (many different Torani and Da Vinci flavorings, many flavored liquid stevias, miracle noodles, a variety of special protein powders that have a better nutritional profile than IP, new Omron body composition scale, etc.)
IP products are great but still prefer the value and variety of the alternatives. Plus, importantly, some of the alternatives are not restricted but the IP "equivalent" is. For example, this morning I had a chocolate chip sweet roll with extra cinnamon splenda for breakfast and it had only 5 carbs. Sweet! (Not sure if IP has a sweet breakfast roll, but do know the IP pancake is restricted and the Proti-Diet version isn't.)

CoolChickInAFatSuit
07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Can someone in the know give me clarification on this?
When choosing an alternative product:

1) you should go by net carbs, meaning I should subtract fiber and sugar alcohol from the total carbs?

2) the serving should be under 9 net carbs to be considered unrestricted?

3) are there a minimum and maximum amounts of protein and carbs I should be consuming per day?

I have tried Muscle Milk Lite from Walmart and yesterday i bought Premier Protien RTDs at Costco. I think those are considered ok with IP.
Thanks for your input. Although I feel more comfortable staying with IP products, financially I just can't do it anymore.

sweetsloan
07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
I have been doing A LOT of label matching and many
Alternate products are the exact ingredients as IP, so close, I think they are all the same manufacture just a different company label. Some of the advice might be correct, but if you really watch your labels, as I have found, many items are an exact match. I have been weeding out the IP products with alternatives and still have lost 3.5lbs or more a week. I actually went to the clinic and asked for the empty product boxes so I could compare the ingredients, then I found this website that sells IP products. Each item has a list of ingredients, so I use this site to compare the alternate ingredients. It is a lot of work, but financially so worth it!! Happy label reading!!!

undul8tor
07-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Anyone find a cheaper alternative for the raspberry jello and Blu/pom/cran drink with the collagen in it?

mammoth357
07-11-2012, 07:00 PM
The IP chocolate shake label shows:
Calories: 100
Fat: 4g
Cholesterol: 0g
Sodium: 240mg
Potassium: 350mg
Total Carbs:4
Fiber:3
Sugar:0
Protein:15g
Calcium: 25%
Iron: 6%
no other nutrients on nutrition label I have.

The EAS AdvanEdge Carb Control (Ready to drink) Vanilla shake is: (11oz)
Calories: 100
Fat: 2.5
Cholesterol: 25g
Sodium: 340mg
Potassium: 360mg
Total Carbs:3
Fiber:1
Sugar:0
Protein:17g
AND 25 different vitamins and nutrients listed with average of 20% for each...
COST: $4.74 a 4 pack at Walmart.

I use the EAS ready to drink shakes, kept ice cold in the fridge and think they are very good. The cost is very affordable too which helps a lot...
Cheers
Jake

aszp
07-13-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm looking for a daily menu guide: from what I've read, can someone confirm if I'm doing this right.....

Breakfast: EAS Shake, 2 slices whole wheat dry toast & coffee
Lunch: EAS Shake, 2 cups Vegetables, unlimited lettuce & 200 grams of berries
Supper: 7 oz fish or 5 oz other meat, some kind of Dairy, 2 cups vegetables
Snack: Protein Bar

Just trying to make sure I'm understanding this right. thanks for your help

evepet
07-13-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm looking for a daily menu guide: from what I've read, can someone confirm if I'm doing this right.....

Breakfast: EAS Shake, 2 slices whole wheat dry toast & coffee
Lunch: EAS Shake, 2 cups Vegetables, unlimited lettuce & 200 grams of berries
Supper: 7 oz fish or 5 oz other meat, some kind of Dairy, 2 cups vegetables
Snack: Protein Bar

Just trying to make sure I'm understanding this right. thanks for your help

Are you wanting to do IP on their Alternative Plan? It's generally recommended for those with diabetes. On Phase 1 of IP's regular protocol you aren't allowed the toast at breakfast (no bread or similiar items).... or the berries at lunch (no fruit).... or the dairy at supper (no dairy).

Here's an outline I found re the Alternative Plan, which is discussed at this link:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/230283-alternative-phase-1-plan-2.html

Alternative Plan - Phase 1 - To Be Followed Until 90% Of Your Wieght Goal Is Achieved
Breakfast
1 IP packet
plus one group choice ( will list groups below)
plus coffee/tea with 1 oz skim milk
sweetener allowed

lunch
1 IP packet
plus 1 group choice
plus
2 cups select veggies and unlimited lettuce

dinner

7 oz fish or 5 oz meat from select choice
plus 1 group choice
plus 2 cups select veggies

snack

1 IP packet

Compulsory

64 oz water

1-2 teaspoon olive or grape seed oil

regular IP supplements

IMPORTANT: only one choice from each GROUP is permitted per day. ALL THREE GROUPS MUST be consumed per day.

GROUP 1

2 slices toast ( whole grain, pumpernickel, rye, multigrain,sourdough, stone ground whole wheat, oat bran, sprouted grain)
150 grams whole wheat pasta
150 grams brown rice ( not instant)
1 sweet potato, or small boiled potato
60 grams oatmeal ( non instant)
150 gram - 200 grams couscous
50 grams unsweetened cereal (bran, oat, whole grain or barley)
150 grams cooked legumes (chick peas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans)
150 gram corn

Group 2

fresh fruit ( example: 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 kiwis, 150 g pineapple, 1 banana,200 g strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.
fruit is allowed, but optional, and must not be replaced with another food group.

group 3

1 sugar free yogurt
1 - 60 oz glass milk (2% M.F or less)
30 gram cheese (about 20% M.F)
120 g cottage cheese
60 g feta cheese

Meat, veggie, seasoning choices are the same as regular phase 1.

-------------

If you go to this thread it's discussing the Phases of IP. Scroll down and you'll find a post that gives links to the Phase Protocol sheets, and also another post that gives the same Alternative Protocol details I just copied for you above.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases.html

aszp
07-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Thank you!!! I had all of that but didn't understand the difference. I appreciate your help.

holly82599
07-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I have been doing A LOT of label matching and many
Alternate products are the exact ingredients as IP, so close, I think they are all the same manufacture just a different company label. Some of the advice might be correct, but if you really watch your labels, as I have found, many items are an exact match. I have been weeding out the IP products with alternatives and still have lost 3.5lbs or more a week. I actually went to the clinic and asked for the empty product boxes so I could compare the ingredients, then I found this website that sells IP products. Each item has a list of ingredients, so I use this site to compare the alternate ingredients. It is a lot of work, but financially so worth it!! Happy label reading!!!

Hey, I'm new and trying to find some alternatives...what IP items did you specifically find alternatives to? What are the alternatives if you don't mind me asking? I've been trying to do lots of research, but am still unclear what the right choices are. Thanks so much!!!:)

sandralosingweight
07-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Anyone find a cheaper alternative for the raspberry jello and Blu/pom/cran drink with the collagen in it?

Hello,

I haven't been for a while on this forum, so I don't remember exactly if it was an open thread about home-made jello or if it was discussed in one of the threads, but I do believe there is an open thread concerning home-made jello.

Anyway, I want to share what worked with me after some trials and errors, I finally got it: I bought the non-flavoured gelatin called Knox (I find it more cost effective to buy the big box than the small one). So, all I do is sprinkle the gelatin powder on 1/4 cup of water, add 1/4 cup of boiling water and dissolve until fully dissolved, let it rest and meanwhile prepare two cups of your protein shake as usually, I found that it works best when I use my Ninja mixer, I assume you can also prepare with a ready-to-drink protein shake, but never tried it myself; add the two cups of your protein shake to the gelatin dissolved and let it cool then to the fridge it goes.

I am enjoying eating my shakes this way much better than drinking them the old-fashioned way since it turns out to be kind of like a pudding. You can get creative and add some flavours such as a little bit of vanilla or other extracts as long as they don't contain sugar or alcohol.

I hope you'll enjoy this! :)

NOVAScents
07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure where my post went, but does anyone have a place that sells an alternative to the apple cinnamon soy puffs?

GrandmaKiss
07-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Here are the alternatives I've used and loved. All from Nashua.
Calories/total Carbs/protein

Unrestricted
HealthSmart Hot Cholate, lots of flavors, my fav is cinnamon. 80/4/15
HealthSmart Fruit Drink, fav flavor are Pineapple & Lemon Razzy 70/1/15
Weight Loss Systems cocomint cream shake/pudding 100/7/15
ProtiThin Soup, chicken noodle, tastes like Lipton cup of soup 90/5/15

Restricted
Health Smart protein bar- Rocky Road 170/15/14
Health Smart protein bar- Peanut Butter 170/12/15
Health Smart protein cookie- oatmeal raisin 155/16/15

Super Restricted (twice a week like the strawberry wafers)
Health Smart protein bar- caramel brownie 180/18/14
Health Smart protein bar-double peanut butter 165/17/12
WeightLoss Systems chocomint bar 150/21/10

kyley33
07-13-2012, 04:29 PM
I am new to the site and the diet. I am on day 6 and have lost 5#. I am using Atikins products, not sure if they would be considered restricted foods? I am hurting today, my head hurts and I am very weak. Any suggestions?/?

Blueskywyoming
07-18-2012, 12:23 PM
I am not the original poster of the original thread but since it is over 500 post it will be closed shortly. I wanted to make sure that you all still had a place to post and chat. I named it wrong....oops its suppose to be Alternative products that will work on Phase 1.

IF YOU HAVE TRIED and know it works, please respond with the product and your results.

I am hoping this thread won't get too buried in chat. I have tried to read the old alternative thread posts, and even as an experienced forum user, it is a bit overwhelming to read everything trying to pull out the essentials.! :dizzy:

Maybe we can get this to be something a little more reference and user friendly???

Has anyone tried EAS Advantedge Dark Chocolate. Yummy and satisfys my craving for chocolate.

Barb2012
07-18-2012, 12:27 PM
I posted this message on the alternative reviews thread also, but reposted here thinking someone else might know about these bars.

I found Diabeteze bars at Costco and was wondering if anyone uses them as an alternative. They're for diabetics and contain no sugar and fewer carbs than many mainstream bars. They come in chololate mint and chocolate peanut butter flavors. They taste really good, especially the chocolate mint and neither has that protein back flavor.

They seem comperable to IP bars, but I'm unclear on caclulating net carbs.

Calories: 180
Fat: 9
Carbs: 18
Fiber: 5
Sugar: 4
Sugar alcohol: 7
Protein: 10

sandralosingweight
07-18-2012, 12:48 PM
I posted this message on the alternative reviews thread also, but reposted here thinking someone else might know about these bars.

I found Diabeteze bars at Costco and was wondering if anyone uses them as an alternative. They're for diabetics and contain no sugar and fewer carbs than many mainstream bars. They come in chololate mint and chocolate peanut butter flavors. They taste really good, especially the chocolate mint and neither has that protein back flavor.

They seem comperable to IP bars, but I'm unclear on caclulating net carbs.

Calories: 180
Fat: 9
Carbs: 18
Fiber: 5
Sugar: 4
Sugar alcohol: 7
Protein: 10

They are kind of low in protein and high in carbs. Most IP products start at 15g of protein +

Juelle
07-18-2012, 02:34 PM
I am in Canada and looking at all the alternatives, I would love some Protithin or some Lindora but I don't think shipping would be worth it. Any Suggestions would be adored!

Chloe222
07-18-2012, 07:53 PM
I bought the Weight Loss Systems 15 g protein Sampler Pack of protein bars from Nashua Nutrition (www.nashuanutrition.com). I am surprised, I really liked each and every 1 of them.

mammoth357
07-18-2012, 10:14 PM
EAS Carb AdvantEdge Ready to drink shakes work great...I like all 3 flavors! I get mine at Walmart for $4.74 a 4-pack...its the only shake I am currently using.

I am reviewing some walden farms products on that thread, so check that out also. I have quite a fewmore to try (just got them) so will post on that as I try them...
Cheers
jake

Chloe222
07-18-2012, 10:24 PM
EAS Carb AdvantEdge Ready to drink shakes work great...I like all 3 flavors! I get mine at Walmart for $4.74 a 4-pack...its the only shake I am currently using.

I am reviewing some walden farms products on that thread, so check that out also. I have quite a fewmore to try (just got them) so will post on that as I try them...
Cheers
jake
Jake, What are the flavors? I thought you mentioned peanut butter but don't see it listed on the EAS website (under Carb Control drinks).

evepet
07-18-2012, 10:29 PM
I am in Canada and looking at all the alternatives, I would love some Protithin or some Lindora but I don't think shipping would be worth it. Any Suggestions would be adored!

I'm Canadian and using alternative products. I've been buying some products at http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=132_138&products_id=1217 They have quite a product range of low carb items, some of them very appropriate to be IP alternatives. I've bought many items there, including the cold cereal that the link connects to. They also sell the full line of Walden Farm products. They have free shipping with orders over $99.00

If you're close to a Dr. Bernstein's you can buy products there that are very comparable to IP. Here's their link - http://store.drbdiet.com/ I also bought the Dr. Bernstein's potassium supplements when I needed a replacement.

I've also bought products from ProteinWell - go to http://www.proteinwell.ca/diet-foods

mammoth357
07-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Choco, vanilla and strawberry...

The Peanut butter shake is a powdered mix by heathsmart called chchoRite and I got it from netrition dot com and you can see the nutrition label at
http://www26.netrition.com/healthsmart_chocolite_protein_shakes.html#NUTFACTS
It is quite delicious as is the choco fudge brownie flavor...I have these only 2-3 times a week as they are 150 calories...I know its not much but that way I look forward to them and don't feel guilty about the few extra calories.
They have 8 carbs,,,,0 sugar and 5 gr fiber too per serving and 24 gr protein...so not "restricted"...
Cheers
Jake

Porthardygurl
07-18-2012, 11:29 PM

The Peanut butter shake is a powdered mix by heathsmart called chchoRite and I got it from netrition dot com and you can see the nutrition label at
It is quite delicious as is the choco fudge brownie flavor...I have these only 2-3 times a week as they are 150 calories...I know its not much but that way I look forward to them and don't feel guilty about the few extra calories.
They have 8 carbs,,,,0 sugar and 5 gr fiber too per serving and 24 gr protein...so not "restricted"...
Cheers
Jake

I use the atkins Rtd chocolate shakes and they are 150 calories and 1 net carb..I think the calorie content is fine. One thing i do though is look at my calories for the day and make sure im not going over 800..I figure its best to start counting calories now while im at it , so i have an understanding for when i end up in maintenance... But basically what i do for my day now is:

Breaky: Shake 150
Lunch: Shake 150 = 300 for the 2
Snack: Jello-no sugar added pudding cup- has 60 calories and only 5 net carbs plus i add in 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter which = 100 calories plus 3 carbs...( i treat this like a restricted, as if it were a bar)

So in total i have 460 calories before dinner
and then dinner time comes and i have 220 calories in 8oz of chicken breast and then a generous helping of salad

If im really really hungry i may add in another shake..but basically ive been doing this like this for a while and ive continuously lost.. So i think it comes down to just watching your overall calorie intake and carb intake..making sure it equals up to IP standards for a day.. which ive come to see is 20-30 net carbs and between 600-900 calories a day.

Barb2012
07-19-2012, 12:48 AM
They are kind of low in protein and high in carbs. Most IP products start at 15g of protein +

Thanks Sandra. I feel a real lack of energy when I eat these. I'm gonna stop eating them.

mylastdiet
07-19-2012, 05:24 AM

Cheers
jake

I have actually found 5 flavors. In addition to the ones you listed (chocolate fudge, strawberry and vanilla) there is also a caramel cafe and a rich dark chocolate. All flavors are awesome.

When I am making a spinach shake for breakfast, I prefer to use the rich dark chocolate flavor because I don't have to add any WF choc syrup (trying not to add a lot of extras if I can avoid it). For just drinking, I prefer the chocolate fudge flavor as it is a little bit milder and more like chocolate milk. The caramel cafe is one of my favorite treats! I use the sparingly as they are harder to find.

mammoth357
07-19-2012, 10:22 AM
The Atkins bars I saw had sugar alcohols which don't work with me as they WILL knock me out of ketosis I am sensitive to them obviously and almost any sugars actually)...wish they would work though as they do look delicious!

Mylastdiet: I had no idea EAS lo carb shakes came in the other 2 flavors. It's a new world now, oh yeah! I am on a quest to find them now..searching for the holy grail! Haha! Thanks for that info!
Cheers
Jake

Porthardygurl
07-19-2012, 01:10 PM
The Atkins bars I saw had sugar alcohols which don't work with me as they WILL knock me out of ketosis I am sensitive to them obviously and almost any sugars actually)...wish they would work though as they do look delicious!

Mylastdiet: I had no idea EAS lo carb shakes came in the other 2 flavors. It's a new world now, oh yeah! I am on a quest to find them now..searching for the holy grail! Haha! Thanks for that info!
Cheers
Jake

Yah i dont use any of the bars..only the shakes..

sweetsloan
07-19-2012, 01:34 PM

Cheers
Jake

Jake, How do you know or how will I know, if something looks OK on paper and yet it will knock me out of Ketosis???
Thanks

mylastdiet
07-20-2012, 06:00 AM
Cheers
Jake

No problem! I hope the others are easier to find for you than they were for me. Walmart always has the chocolate fudge and vanilla (maybe strawberry??) My local Albertson's will occasionally have the caramel and the dark chocolate. The rich dark chocolate is a hit or miss kind of thing - sometimes walmart has it, sometimes they don't. Strawberry can be a little difficult to locate also.

Good luck to you!

Chloe222
07-20-2012, 09:19 AM

Cheers
Jake

I may have to buy the peanut butter and choco fudge shakes next week. Not out of shakes, just wanting variety.

Which protein powder has the deepest chocolate taste? Dark chocolate taste?

thanks!

WingnutandMe
07-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Which protein powder has the deepest chocolate taste? Dark chocolate taste?

thanks!

I'm a Dark Chocolate lover and pretty picky, but my favorite is the Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle. It has zero fat, zero total carbs and only 90 calories. It's available on the Nashua website.

Molly

Chloe222
07-20-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm a Dark Chocolate lover and pretty picky, but my favorite is the Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle. It has zero fat, zero total carbs and only 90 calories. It's available on the Nashua website.

Molly
Hi Molly,
That sounds great. I will order it. Any other protein powders you use?

Also, which are your favorite bars? You find the products with the most favorable nutritional profiles!

thanks!!

WingnutandMe
07-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi Molly,
That sounds great. I will order it. Any other protein powders you use?

Also, which are your favorite bars? You find the products with the most favorable nutritional profiles!

thanks!!

I have some Isopure mint, but not really excited about it's taste and also, Syntrax Nectar, double stuffed Oreo. Still like the Truffle flavor the best.

I've recently tried the Pure Protein bars. Have not tried the peanut ones. Not necessarily a big peanut fan. I especially like the Chocolate Deluxe, Tried the S'mores to replace the Lindora Dark Chocolate S'mores, but it lost and it's has 25 carbs. Ugh. I like the Lindora S'mores a lot more. I also like the HealthSmart Rocky Road.

I try not to have a lot of bars around. Almost too much temptation.

Molly

Porthardygurl
07-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Im actually currently investigating into egg white protein shakes...whey and soy just dont sit very well with me..and i find the taste of both to be less then appealing..but i heard that egg white protein shakes are really good and mix well and provide one of the best proteins...

I agree with the OP who said syntrax is good.. I actually liked there stuff.. i got the fuzzy navel flavour and loved it..tasted just like orange juice.

allnewme
07-20-2012, 07:12 PM
I am checking in here because I've been getting frustrated. Where i was initially losing weight every day now it is every 3rd or 4th day it seems. I am using Bariwise shakes, Proti diet soup, and Atkins bars but maybe it is the bars that are a problem? I guess i will try cutting them out but i am getting so bored with my diet. I have a herniated disc so i can't do much exercise and i know that is not helping. I also have back surgery coming up & have a question about whether i should stop the diet (and how) but I will post that in another thread.

MaMaZu
07-20-2012, 08:37 PM
I am checking in here because I've been getting frustrated. Where i was initially losing weight every day now it is every 3rd or 4th day it seems. I am using Bariwise shakes, Proti diet soup, and Atkins bars but maybe it is the bars that are a problem? I guess i will try cutting them out but i am getting so bored with my diet. I have a herniated disc so i can't do much exercise and i know that is not helping. I also have back surgery coming up & have a question about whether i should stop the diet (and how) but I will post that in another thread.

The Atkins bars Are too high in carbs, fat and calories, not a good replacement. Pure Protein is much closer to the IP bars.

Chloe222
07-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Has anyone tried the Charles Bars? They are supposed to be premium chocolate and target market appears to be diabetics. Low carb but have 15 or so g fat and around 180-200 calories, so seem a little high for phase 1-3, maybe a good choice in maintenance. Just wondering.

NOVAScents
07-23-2012, 05:54 PM
I got a cocoamint bar sample in my order last week- AMAZING!!!!!!

Im escaping
07-28-2012, 08:59 PM
I am very new, but just want to reiterate how great it is to have this community that shares so much information!! My coach didn't even pretend to answer my questions...he said "look online, 3 fat chicks & you'll get the answers you need". Sadly, I paid for that!! So, again thanks!

fourstubbs
07-28-2012, 09:55 PM
I am very new, but just want to reiterate how great it is to have this community that shares so much information!! My coach didn't even pretend to answer my questions...he said "look online, 3 fat chicks & you'll get the answers you need". Sadly, I paid for that!! So, again thanks!

I agree, I have found so much information on this site and I am so grateful!!

LosingLawyer
07-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Bumping this thread.

Also wanted to say that I've tried the Proti-Diet Orange Drink (the liquid concentrate) and loved it! Ordering two boxes.

Momto2cs
07-30-2012, 10:50 PM

Cheers
Jake

I found the simply bar was a good alternative. No sugar alcohols.

Porthardygurl
07-30-2012, 10:52 PM
I found the simply bar was a good alternative. No sugar alcohols.

Eww... IMHO... I couldnt stand them because of the soy taste...but thats just me personally...I dont do well with soy tasting or whey tasting things..:(

evepet
07-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Eww... IMHO... I couldnt stand them because of the soy taste...but thats just me personally...I dont do well with soy tasting or whey tasting things..:(

From reading your past posts, you seem to be sensitive to a lot of things. Thank goodness I'm not.
I really love The Simply Bars. But - they are not all created equal when it comes to considering their applicability for the Ideal Protein diet...if anybody is thinking about ordering them, I encourage them to really check out the nutrition labels, and choose those that are most appropriate. Some have much more sugar than others. My fav is the Coconut Lemon bar.

IP43
07-30-2012, 11:53 PM
A lot of the things mentioned I can't get in Canada -- or don't know where yet -- but inspired by someone's suggestion to go to Walmart I found
--Muscle Milk Light 100 cal 2.5gF, 4C, 0 g sugar, 15g.Protein (tetrapack premade) for $1.50 a drink
--Pure Protein Shakes 110 cal, 1gF, 5gCarb,1g sugar 21g protein (canned liquid) for $2.50 a can
--Pure Protein 100%Whey powder 140 cal, 3gFat, 4g carb, 2g sugar, 25g protein for half the price of the IP shakes

I like the powders best for blending and adding ice to make a more filling shake, but the can and tetra pack are nice for "on the go"

...hopefully they'll be ok to use.

Momto2cs
07-31-2012, 09:15 AM
From reading your past posts, you seem to be sensitive to a lot of things. Thank goodness I'm not.
I really love The Simply Bars. But - they are not all created equal when it comes to considering their applicability for the Ideal Protein diet...if anybody is thinking about ordering them, I encourage them to really check out the nutrition labels, and choose those that are most appropriate. Some have much more sugar than others. My fav is the Coconut Lemon bar.

Really? I found all of them to be acceptable. I use the peanut butter and chocolate ones all the time. Whic ones would you say wouldn't comply?
Although they do have brown rice syrup and/or agave (really just sugar) so do many ip products and definitely some of the alternatives.
I found you had to try them a few times to get used to the taste and especially the texture! But they are filling.

MustangMolly
07-31-2012, 01:19 PM
I just got my Strawberry Cheesecake bars from Diet Protein To Go and they are wonderful!

evepet
07-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Really? I found all of them to be acceptable. I use the peanut butter and chocolate ones all the time. Whic ones would you say wouldn't comply?
Although they do have brown rice syrup and/or agave (really just sugar) so do many ip products and definitely some of the alternatives.
I found you had to try them a few times to get used to the taste and especially the texture! But they are filling.

You know, I just googled 'The Simply Bar' to review the nutritional labels again... and it's quite strange but the 'The Simply Bar - Peanut Butter Chocolate' bar that I have has't got the same nutritional values as the one at this link:

http://well.ca/products/the-simply-bar-peanut-butter_15730.html

I'm reading this right from the label of the bar in my hand, and it says:
Calories - 160; Fat 3g; Carbs 16g; Fiber 2g; Sugar 10g; Protein 16g.

It's the sugar and carb level in this bar that bothered me... but it's not showing the same stats as the one at the link - that one only has 3g sugar and 5 net carbs - which would be a very suitable alternative imo. I wonder how come two different sets of values for the same bar? Weird. And what's doubly weird is that I bought my bars from the well.ca website! Along with some lemon coconut ones, that I've since started buying per box through a special order at my local Bulk Barn.

Halfagain
08-11-2012, 11:46 AM
I use a lot of the Wonder Slim products from http://www.dietdirect.com/
anyway, made the chocolate cake the other day - it was pretty good, but not gooey enough for me. So, threw a bit of WF chocolate syrup on top last night and it was awesome.

I'm not following the Wonder Slim protocol, but the IP protocol - I just substitute the shakes and soups, etc for the IP products often. I see the bars I'm using aren't really a good match, I'll have to switch them out to proti-diet ones or something else using IP-alternatives.pdf. I'm doing 3 packets a day usually using one restricted a day as one of those packs and of course the veggie, meat, water, salt, supplements. I probably don't have as powerful supplements as I should, but from being a non-supplement user in the past, I've come a long ways. As I use up what I have I'll replace with better stuff if available. No leg cramps or hair falling but I am taking supplements for those things already too - just not as high powered as I see IP uses.

I use my fitness pal http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ instead of a written journal. I put my BP in the comments box, and notes - and I keep that page private for me. However it's interesting to me I'm almost always under 800 calories a day, yet I'm not feeling that restricted. This isn't about the calories - well I suppose it is, but it's not the point of tracking my foods. I just want to make sure I'm getting my food and supplements in (i put those in too) and the water.

Alternatives & 100% OP. I'm very happy with the results. I have a lot to loose, it will slow down as I go I'm sure.
WI#1 -10
WI#2 -5.7
WI#3 -6.8
WI#4 -2.6
WI#5 -5
WI#6 -6.4

tkeylon
09-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Hello!

I have done IP for 6 weeks now and am switching to alternative products this week because of cost.

I read through all 30+ pages of the old thread and now 11 pages of the new thread looking to see if Mio is ok to use with my water.

Does anybody know?

wuv2bloved
09-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Hello!

I have done IP for 6 weeks now and am switching to alternative products this week because of cost.

I read through all 30+ pages of the old thread and now 11 pages of the new thread looking to see if Mio is ok to use with my water.

Does anybody know?

Yes, it is allowed :)

mauibound2010
10-08-2012, 08:44 PM
:?:This is my first post on this forum. I just started IP 1 week ago today, and have my first weigh in tomorrow. I am really having a problem with all the lunch foods. I do not like any of them. Do I have to eat them or can I substitute it for a snack or breakfast? I have been eating my 4 cups of veg still, just having a really hard time choking down lunch. Please helphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/confused.gif

Hgamroth
10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
:?:This is my first post on this forum. I just started IP 1 week ago today, and have my first weigh in tomorrow. I am really having a problem with all the lunch foods. I do not like any of them. Do I have to eat them or can I substitute it for a snack or breakfast? I have been eating my 4 cups of veg still, just having a really hard time choking down lunch. Please helphttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/do-not-link-to-our-images/confused.gif

I don't do too many of the soups. I usually eat a big lettuce salad with 1 1/2 cups chopped veggies and evoo and vin. Then eat a bar or other snack a couple hours later. I LOVE my salads. I only add 1 1/2 cups veggies so that I can have my jicama snack at some point when I need a munchie.

SMB
10-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I need clarification. I buy Premier Protein chocolate shakes from Costco, but people often refer to Pure Protein chocolate shakes from Costco. Are they the same?

chrismprice
10-08-2012, 10:31 PM
My favorite alternative food that I'm using so far is 3/4 of a scoop Syntrax Nectar mixed in 6 oz of Almond breeze unsweetened original almond milk.

The nutrition info for this is;

Calories 105
Fat 2g
Cholesterol 8mg
Sodium 255mg
Potassium 180mg
Carbs 2g
Sugar 0g
Fiber 1g
Protein 19g

This is pretty comparable to most dring mixes and syntrax comes in 17 flavors so you can change things up a bit.

I mix mine in a blender with a bit of ice and I also sometimes add different flavorings often Almond extract. But there are lots of different ones out there, today I tried a drop of apple and a drop of cinnamon roll flavors and it was interesting not sure I would go with delightful.

rcrochet
10-08-2012, 10:41 PM

I've never done any of the "foods", only drinks, shakes made with puddings and bars. I try to eat 2 cups of veggies for lunch, maybe some of my protein. So far so good!

mauibound2010
10-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the help gals! My nutritionist let me switch out the packets that I didnt like and I can do drinks and any breakfast food I like as long as I dont do 2 restricted foods in one day:carrot:

scorbett1103
10-09-2012, 10:09 PM
I need clarification. I buy Premier Protein chocolate shakes from Costco, but people often refer to Pure Protein chocolate shakes from Costco. Are they the same?

Two different products.

aliceinseattle
10-10-2012, 05:37 PM

Yes, they are different products. However, Premiere Protein may also sometimes appear as Premiere Nutrition shakes.

ustasmom
10-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Yes, they are different products. However, Premiere Protein may also sometimes appear as Premiere Nutrition shakes.

So which one is the one to buy?

patns
10-12-2012, 10:39 PM

Not sure about that. I never know what people are talking about with Pure Protein drinks but thought it maybe something available in the US.
I just wanted to say that Premier Nutrition drinks are $6 off this weekend at Costco, maybe this is just in Canada.

I have heard from a very good sourse in IP that Premier Nutrition, Dr Berenstein and IP ready to drink drinks are all the same product made at the same place. The Premier Nutrition are bigger at 11 ounces so their cals etc seem higher. I used them all through phase 1 for breakfast because I did not get hungry before lunch like I did with the smaller IP ones.

rcrochet
10-12-2012, 10:56 PM
So excited! I just got my first major box in from Nashua Nutrition. I did a small order with Diet Direct a few weeks ago to mix in with the last of my IP products. I still have a few IP left, but can I tell you.... after 4 months OP, I'm happy to have some different things to try. I'll add my reviews to the reviews thread, but had to say something here! Got the raspberry hot chocolate as a sample, that'll be breakfast tomorrow.

scorbett1103
10-13-2012, 12:58 AM
So which one is the one to buy?

They're both fine. I use Pure Protein vanilla shakes (or EAS Carb AdvantEDGE vanilla) as my coffee creamer.

AliKay
10-13-2012, 07:17 AM
I just wanted to say that Premier Nutrition drinks are $6 off this weekend at Costco, maybe this is just in Canada.

Thanks for posting this, I'll have to check my Costco tomorrow, and I was just there 2 days ago. :dizzy: I should pay more attention to my coupon book in the mail. Thanks ago.

sahmmommy2
10-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Anyone have issues with nose bleeds and taking an Omega-3 supplement? I had to reduce my omega-3 supplement otherwise I was getting a nose bleed every day. When I was a child, I had frequent spontaneous nose bleeds and had grown out of them. I haven't had one until I started the diet.

NoirStories
10-13-2012, 03:05 PM
I tried to Protidiet maple and sugar oatmeal today -- it was so good! Unlike the IP version, I didn't even have to add anything to it. And, best of all, it's not restricted!

Hgamroth
10-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I tried to Protidiet maple and sugar oatmeal today -- it was so good! Unlike the IP version, I didn't even have to add anything to it. And, best of all, it's not restricted!

I LOVE the protidiet oatmeal! I also love making it into muffins to take to work for a late breakfast. YUM!

locopollo
10-13-2012, 09:14 PM
I LOVE the protidiet oatmeal! I also love making it into muffins to take to work for a late breakfast. YUM!

I like to make the ProtiDiet oatmeal into the zucchini muffins, but I make loaves. :p

patns
10-13-2012, 09:20 PM
i'm just waiting for my rhubarb crisp made with the proti-thin oatmeal to come out of the oven.
I should try the muffins tomorrow.
I love too that it is not restricted.

SMB
10-13-2012, 09:42 PM

Thanks for posting this! I'm putting in another ProtiDiet order soon and was wondering! Woohoo!

SMB
10-13-2012, 09:43 PM
i'm just waiting for my rhubarb crisp made with the proti-thin oatmeal to come out of the oven.
I should try the muffins tomorrow.
I love too that it is not restricted.

Are you on Phase 1? I'd love that recipe if you wouldn't mind passing it along! :hug:

patns
10-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Are you on Phase 1? I'd love that recipe if you wouldn't mind passing it along! :hug:

I am in maintenance but still eat all my favorite recipes from phase 1. The way I do this is very simple. There is another recipe I used to make for the crisp too but this one is easie so I don't remember how I made that one.
I take about a cup of rhubarb (mine is frozen) and put it in a small dish I have sprayed with Pam. Actually today I forgot to spray it and it was fine. The dish I use is a small brie baker.
I turn the over to 350 and put the rhubarb mixed with a package of stevia (or splenda) in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Then I mix the oatmeal package with about 2 ounces of water, usually a small amount more of water so the oatmeal is spreadable but not runny.
I pour the oatmeal over the rhubarb and put it uncovered in the oven for about 20 minutes or so until the rhubarb is bubbly and the oatmeal is quite
brown.

Today I put a splash of WF green apple syrup in with the rhubarb and stevia.
After it was cooked the rhubarb part lookied a bit like a gruesome halloween recipe but it was so good! I will make just the rhubarb like this without the oatmeal tomorrow for a veggie side dish with a pork chop.

But the oatmeal and rhubarb is a meal that is just like a desert.

Pat

SMB
10-13-2012, 10:37 PM
@Patns: Thanks so much!!!

scorbett1103
10-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks Patns! I just saved that one - now to find frozen rhubarb.... :)

lisa32989
10-14-2012, 08:30 AM
I've never liked rhubarb. Now I need to re-try

Hgamroth
10-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Tried the ProtiDiet honey nut cereal today and it was very good. I did add a splash of unsweetened almond milk with cold water to make it "look" like milk. I enjoyed it. It seemed like a bigger portion than the crispy cereal. My 3 year old had Cheerios and I had "Mommy's Cheerios." :D

Garcy
10-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Is unsweetened almond milk a good alternative in phase one? I love it and was curious as the skim milk is actually loaded with sugar. Thanks

Hgamroth
10-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Is unsweetened almond milk a good alternative in phase one? I love it and was curious as the skim milk is actually loaded with sugar. Thanks

It is NOT officially approved. My daughter drinks it and I wanted my cereal to look like it had milk in it vs. water. The serving size is 8 oz and has 2 carbs, 1 fiber 1 protein and 3.5 Fat. I didn't use an ounce but I hear many people use this instead of the 1oz skim milk. I may try it in my coffee tomorrow.

I goofed!!! I meant to say it is NOT officially approved! So sorry!

EPAPRN
10-14-2012, 01:46 PM
My coach told me 'no' to unsweetened almond milk. I HATE skim milk and it's loaded w/sugar...maybe I will try some this week.

Hgamroth
10-14-2012, 02:05 PM
My coach told me 'no' to unsweetened almond milk. I HATE skim milk and it's loaded w/sugar...maybe I will try some this week.

I goofed on my last post unintentionally! Almond milk is NOT approved but I know some people use it instead of the skim milk.

Hgamroth
10-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Tried the ProtiThin BBQ soy puffs...MEH. Not bad if you want something not sweet and unrestricted. Left a funny aftertaste.

NoirStories
10-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks Patns! I just saved that one - now to find frozen rhubarb.... :)

I have tried and CANNOT find frozen rhubarb at my grocery store! It's in the frozen veggies section, correct?

Is there an alternatives recipe thread, or is it mixed in with the other, IP one? I've heard certain non-IP packets not coming out correctly.

WingnutandMe
10-14-2012, 04:13 PM
I have tried and CANNOT find frozen rhubarb at my grocery store! It's in the frozen veggies section, correct?

Is there an alternatives recipe thread, or is it mixed in with the other, IP one? I've heard certain non-IP packets not coming out correctly.

Not all stores carry frozen rhubarb. More in the north than we have in the south. Check places like Whole Foods, if you have one around you.

There is not an alternative recipe thread. You have heard correctly, alternatives are not exactly like IP packets and don't always cook the same way. Rainbow's recipes use a few packs and evepet created one that is on her blog. A couple of people have made some cookies. Sorry there is no one place to point you.

Molly

locopollo
10-14-2012, 04:43 PM
It is NOT officially approved. My daughter drinks it and I wanted my cereal to look like it had milk in it vs. water. The serving size is 8 oz and has 2 carbs, 1 fiber 1 protein and 3.5 Fat. I didn't use an ounce but I hear many people use this instead of the 1oz skim milk. I may try it in my coffee tomorrow.

I goofed!!! I meant to say it is NOT officially approved! So sorry!

I usually mix a 1/2 c of unsweetened almond milk with a 1/2 c of water to cut the calories to 20. I have never liked cow's milk.

CortneyMarie622
10-14-2012, 05:26 PM
I have gone through so many threads and still am having trouble....can a Canadian be so kind as to tell me what alternatives they like and where to get them. I have a costco membership...I also do not mind buying online but would only buy from a Canadian store because I do not want to pay import fees.

NoirStories
10-14-2012, 06:06 PM
I just made the Healthsmart cheesecake. I popped it in the freezer for about fifteen minutes, added some strawberry WF syrup... Delicious! I've never liked the IP pudding this much!

patns
10-14-2012, 06:32 PM

In Canada we only seem to be able to get it at Safeway. But it also grows here so I have a lot right now from a neighbour's garden. I have the freezer filled with it.
This recipe works fine with eith IP or alternative oatmeal.Pat

lisa32989
10-14-2012, 11:25 PM
I just made the Healthsmart cheesecake. I popped it in the freezer for about fifteen minutes, added some strawberry WF syrup... Delicious! I've never liked the IP pudding this much!

Weird how our tastes are all so different
I'm a huge cheesecake lover & this came highly recommended but I'm only: meh
Now, the cocomint slightly frozen...ooohhh yeah! Can you say thin mint????

patns
10-15-2012, 12:18 AM
I have gone through so many threads and still am having trouble....can a Canadian be so kind as to tell me what alternatives they like and where to get them. I have a costco membership...I also do not mind buying online but would only buy from a Canadian store because I do not want to pay import fees.

From Costco I buy Premier Nutrition drinks. I also buy thr Detour protein bars. I found an easy place to start to order onlin was proteinwell.ca.
there is also the low carb grocery but I found that a bit more confusing at first.

NoirStories
10-15-2012, 04:13 AM

I'm definitely against mint in food form. An actual mint -- I'm okay with it. But mint chocolate chip? Thin Mint? Yuck!

ragdoll74
10-15-2012, 10:11 AM

I didn't like the healthsmart cheesecake pudding either. I thought it tasted like it was made with goat cheese.:barf:

Looking forwarding to my shipment from Nashua arriving tomorrow. I ordered the cocomint pudding and also the WLS cheesecake based on some of the posts last week.

Beck81
10-15-2012, 10:33 AM

Try it with the juice of a half of lemon in the freezer, pretty good. Or with blended cooked rhubarb and WF strawberry syrup, yummy!

lisa32989
10-15-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm definitely against mint in food form. An actual mint -- I'm okay with it. But mint chocolate chip? Thin Mint? Yuck!
There is something WRONG with you woman!
:crazy::lol3::dunno::rofl::crazy::lol3:
:dunno::rofl::crazy::lol3::dunno::rofl:
(j/k...to each taste bud our own taste! I wish I had something to trade these cheesecakes I DO.NOT.LIKE.
I'll figure something out to do with them...
Whoever said lemon...that would just make it worse. I'll try some almond, tho.)

ustasmom
10-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Trying to fill up my cart to free shipping at Nashau. I need some yummy ideas. I would like to stay as close to IP as possible.

lisa32989
10-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Trying to fill up my cart to free shipping at Nashau. I need some yummy ideas. I would like to stay as close to IP as possible.
Read this thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/253461-alternative-products-same-ip-products.html)

ustasmom
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Read this thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/253461-alternative-products-same-ip-products.html)

I've read it a dozen times. It is just really difficult to weave through with all of the directions and extra links. And then abbreviations come in and the whole thing is over.

locopollo
10-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I made shakes with my cheesecake packets. They were easy to flavor that way.

megscarles
10-15-2012, 03:23 PM
My favorite thing from Nashua is the strawberry cheesecake bars!

AliKay
10-15-2012, 06:27 PM
HealthSmart protein chips in Pizza and BBQ flavor. My snack food at night watching TV.

lisa32989
10-15-2012, 08:58 PM
I got an order from Nashua & got many ProtiThin items (and others)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cocomint. I have MISSED thin mints for years and this is close to that flavor!

Now the ProtiThin chocolate pudding on the other hand :barf:. I'm not sure WHAT I'm going to do about that. I guess I'll try making some cookies & maybe adding a drop of mint to those, as well. With my IP Dark Chocolate Pudding, I definitely get what I pay for.

I got the HealthSmart cheesecake pudding. meh.
At least it doesn't make me wanna hurl, like the chocolate pudding but I probably won't get it again. Maybe I'll try another brand, since I LOVE cheesecake!

I also got the ProtiDiet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal (I got the jug) and the Pink Lemonade. I like both of those and I'm super glad the Oatmeal is non-restricted. I was going to empty my IP Oatmeals in the jug and just mix them all together & call it "non" restricted but I think I'll save the packets for next time I travel. They're so much easier & disposable.

More experimenting through the week. I'll try one of the soups tomorrow for lunch (but maybe I should take a backup, just in case) There is certainly a place for my IP items, as well but I'm gonna do a mix n match.

sahmmommy2
10-16-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm using the GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I use 1 scoop for each shake. I typically have the 3rd one as a restricted. It tastes good on ice with a nice sprinkling of salt.

Mandy

scorbett1103
10-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Lisa - I feel your pudding pain - there are definitely some things that IP got right. I'm still in search of an omelet that is comparable to the IP ones. Wasn't crazy about the Health Wise (Healthsmart) ones, but they're a little better now that I know you HAVE to cook them on lower heat to get the consistency right. Going to give the Proti Diet one a try next time I pick up some boxes.

lisa32989
10-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Well, today's experiment was with Protithin chicken soup. Again. Meh. Its okay. I'll probably mix it with IP chicken soup (and my veggie purées like I already do) and just have the same one 2 days in a row. I like the rich & creaminess of IP better. Good news for my coach, I guess.
So far 50% on the alt products I've tried/liked.

SMB
10-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Well, today's experiment was with Protithin chicken soup. Again. Meh. Its okay. I'll probably mix it with IP chicken soup (and my veggie purées like I already do) and just have the same one 2 days in a row. I like the rich & creaminess of IP better. Good news for my coach, I guess.
So far 50% on the alt products I've tried/liked.

Oh, I really enjoy the ProtiDiet chicken soup!

ragdoll74
10-17-2012, 08:25 AM
I got the HealthSmart cheesecake pudding. meh.
At least it doesn't make me wanna hurl, like the chocolate pudding but I probably won't get it again. Maybe I'll try another brand, since I LOVE cheesecake!

I received my Nashua shipment last night. I ordered the Weight Loss System Cheesecake based on something either Wingnut or IPDiva posted (can't remember which one recommended it).

It's really good! I hated the healthsmart cheesecake.

NoirStories
10-18-2012, 03:04 AM
So I attempted to make cookies with one if my Hot chocolates... Fail! Is it because I didn't use one of the chocolate shake/pudding mixes? What exactly can I use to make these cookies? Also, while googling recipes, some call for 2oz of water, some don't.

This is the recipe I used:
1 Pkg Chocolate Drink (or flavor of choice)
1 Egg White
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Olive or Grapeseed Oil
1 tsp Splenda or Stevia
Splash of Vanilla (or flavor of choice)
2 oz water

Help! These cookies were tiny, completely flat gross things.

AliKay
10-18-2012, 07:37 AM
I received my Nashua shipment last night. I ordered the Weight Loss System Cheesecake based on something either Wingnut or IPDiva posted (can't remember which one recommended it).

It's really good! I hated the healthsmart cheesecake.

I wasn't a fan of the Healthsmart cheesecake either and ordered the WLS one based on the recommendations of others...OMG, what a difference in taste. I pawned off the Healthsmart one onto my godson, he likes it as a shake. I wanted to put it in the freezer to chill it like ice cream and the WLS one is great. :)

ragdoll74
10-18-2012, 08:10 AM
So I attempted to make cookies with one if my Hot chocolates... Fail! Is it because I didn't use one of the chocolate shake/pudding mixes? What exactly can I use to make these cookies? Also, while googling recipes, some call for 2oz of water, some don't.

This is the recipe I used:
1 Pkg Chocolate Drink (or flavor of choice)
1 Egg White
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Olive or Grapeseed Oil
1 tsp Splenda or Stevia
Splash of Vanilla (or flavor of choice)
2 oz water

Help! These cookies were tiny, completely flat gross things.

Follow the recipe on rainbows thread and they should come out ok (still kind of flat). Just make sure you don't overbake them because they will be really dry and inedible.

mlucas
10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Lisa - I feel your pudding pain - there are definitely some things that IP got right. I'm still in search of an omelet that is comparable to the IP ones. Wasn't crazy about the Health Wise (Healthsmart) ones, but they're a little better now that I know you HAVE to cook them on lower heat to get the consistency right. Going to give the Proti Diet one a try next time I pick up some boxes.

1 whole egg and 3 egg whites is equal to 1 omlette IP packet BTW :) my coach told me that little tip because i hated the omlette packets LOL and i told her they made me yack lol and all the savory packets made me yack and she didnt want me yacking LOL so she gave me a little insider tip LOL So I just use 1 egg and i bought a carton thing of egg whites and just use that and mix it all together.

NoirStories
10-19-2012, 03:01 AM
Is the Protidiet fudge cake good? Also, I heard it mentioned as"super-restricted" -- why is that? The carbs are less than some of the protein bars

Link is here:
https://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-dessert-chocolate-fudge-cake-7-box.html

scorbett1103
10-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Is the Protidiet fudge cake good? Also, I heard it mentioned as"super-restricted" -- why is that? The carbs are less than some of the protein bars

Link is here:
https://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/protidiet-dessert-chocolate-fudge-cake-7-box.html

I've seen those at my nutrition store, they are restricted but no more so than the bars. I was planning on picking up a box next time I'm there, if I try it I'll post!

mompattie
10-19-2012, 08:40 AM
The Healthsmart chocolate chip pancake mix is TO DIE FOR. soooooo good!

djs06
10-19-2012, 09:31 AM
I wasn't a fan of the Healthsmart cheesecake either and ordered the WLS one based on the recommendations of others...OMG, what a difference in taste. I pawned off the Healthsmart one onto my godson, he likes it as a shake. I wanted to put it in the freezer to chill it like ice cream and the WLS one is great. :)

I just tried the WLS one too, and it's delicious! I put it in the freezer for a few minutes but I think next time I'd just let it set in the fridge for a bit.

GoalFor40
10-20-2012, 09:17 PM
I just tried the WLS one too, and it's delicious! I put it in the freezer for a few minutes but I think next time I'd just let it set in the fridge for a bit.

Boo, ordered the wrong one! I had read the recommendations, still picked the wrong one- I don't know what I was thinking. Good thing I found Davinici Cherry for $2.50 at Walmart today, I am sure that will improve the flavor.

Hgamroth
10-21-2012, 01:54 PM
I just tried the ProtiDiet pizza and tomato sauce. It wasn't bad. Definitely helps with the pizza craving. Next time I am going to add a bit of mashed cauliflower to the crust. I added diced mushrooms and leftover turkey burger, not quite an oz. It was pretty good. I think a pinch of veggie shreds would be nice but I do not have any :(

WingnutandMe
10-21-2012, 03:25 PM
I just tried the ProtiDiet pizza and tomato sauce. It wasn't bad. Definitely helps with the pizza craving. Next time I am going to add a bit of mashed cauliflower to the crust. I added diced mushrooms and leftover turkey burger, not quite an oz. It was pretty good. I think a pinch of veggie shreds would be nice but I do not have any :(

I have used the veggie shreds and add some mushrooms, green onions and then have some pepperoni that are smaller in size than a dime and put a few of those on. I really feel like I'm having pizza.

MonicaKolesnik
10-21-2012, 04:04 PM

I just had mine today and mixed it up this morning and let it sit in the fridge till lunch when I was ready for it. IT WAS GREAT :woohoo: it dries out just a little to give it the texture of cheese cake as well as the taste. A really a good buy that I also recommend is the proti-thin caramel delight, it is very similar to the double chocolate bar in toppings and texture.

scorbett1103
10-21-2012, 04:27 PM
1 whole egg and 3 egg whites is equal to 1 omlette IP packet BTW :) my coach told me that little tip because i hated the omlette packets LOL and i told her they made me yack lol and all the savory packets made me yack and she didnt want me yacking LOL so she gave me a little insider tip LOL So I just use 1 egg and i bought a carton thing of egg whites and just use that and mix it all together.

Good to know!!! I love morning omelettes, but I haven't been too satisfied with the protein packet ones so far.

I just had mine today and mixed it up this morning and let it sit in the fridge till lunch when I was ready for it. IT WAS GREAT :woohoo: it dries out just a little to give it the texture of cheese cake as well as the taste. A really a good buy that I also recommend is the proti-thin caramel delight, it is very similar to the double chocolate bar in toppings and texture.

Cheesecake is going on my list for my next run to the store!!! :)

MonicaKolesnik
10-21-2012, 05:03 PM

That is great to know as I am on the same page as you about the "savory" packs. I don't need a fake omelette that does not taste good if I can have a real one! Thanks:hug:

MonicaKolesnik
10-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Glad I can help like you did for me with the cocomint!!

lisa32989
10-21-2012, 05:06 PM

Lemme know if you want mine...I LOVE cheesecake but this? Not so much. I thought I got the HealthSmart but I got the WLS, which it seems is the one to get <sigh>
Maybe I'll mix it and have cocomint cheesecake. I friggin LOVE cocomint pudding!

scorbett1103
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Lemme know if you want mine...I LOVE cheesecake but this? Not so much. I thought I got the HealthSmart but I got the WLS, which it seems is the one to get <sigh>
Maybe I'll mix it and have cocomint cheesecake. I friggin LOVE cocomint pudding!

Oh sweet baby Jesus yes - the first time I had the Cocomint I think my husband jumped out of his seat, I squealed so loud :) It's one I will probably ALWAYS keep in the house!

Doctorblue
10-21-2012, 05:31 PM
I friggin LOVE cocomint pudding!I love to make it into cookies. It's vaguely like soft Thin Mints. Yummy!

NoirStories
10-21-2012, 06:01 PM

My pizza packet was a mess. I added in the appropriate amount of water in e dough, but it was all chunks and thick. So I added a little more,and it was better. Then when I tried to spread it the dough kept sticking to everything. Im a very inexperienced cook, so maybe it was my inexperience showing through...

NoirStories
10-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I love to make it into cookies. It's vaguely like soft Thin Mints. Yummy!

Can I get the pudding-cookie recipe you use?

Hgamroth
10-21-2012, 06:15 PM
My pizza packet was a mess. I added in the appropriate amount of water in e dough, but it was all chunks and thick. So I added a little more,and it was better. Then when I tried to spread it the dough kept sticking to everything. Im a very inexperienced cook, so maybe it was my inexperience showing through...

It is pretty chunky but I just kept mashing it with my fork. I put it on parchment paper then dipped my fingers in olive oil and mashed it flat. Hope this helps.

patns
10-21-2012, 11:39 PM

I put the dough between parchment paper and roll it out that way. It is very sticky and sticks to everything otherwise.

Pat

NoirStories
10-23-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm curious if anyone has the following recipes:
The oatmeal muffin recipe
The pudding cookie recipe
Also, can the pudding be made into muffins like the IP ones?

I'm hesitant to use my packets for the IP recipes, since I hear they cook differently

locopollo
10-23-2012, 11:39 AM
I use ProtiDiet oatmeal and I make loaves of this.

Zuchini muffins
1 package of Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of stevia
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2-3/4 of small zucchini finely grated (squeeze out excess juice) 2-3 oz water
Beat the egg in a bowl. Add Maple Oatmeal, baking powder, salt, Sucralose, cinnamon, and zucchini. Mix and gradually add water until you have a good batter. Bake at 385°F (200°C) for 20 minutes. Makes 3 regular muffins or 12-bite size

stargirl66
10-23-2012, 12:22 PM
I use ProtiDiet oatmeal and I make loaves of this.

Zuchini muffins
1 package of Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of stevia
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2-3/4 of small zucchini finely grated (squeeze out excess juice) 2-3 oz water
Beat the egg in a bowl. Add Maple Oatmeal, baking powder, salt, Sucralose, cinnamon, and zucchini. Mix and gradually add water until you have a good batter. Bake at 385°F (200°C) for 20 minutes. Makes 3 regular muffins or 12-bite size

Note to self: MUST TRY THIS!

stargirl66
10-23-2012, 12:26 PM
For cheesecake, I've only had Wonderslim and really like it. I add a T of WF raspberry or strawberry jelly and it's delish.

I just had a thought. In the past, I've participated in garden seed swaps, where people trade what they have. I wonder if something similar could be done with alternative products. You just have to agree on what to trade, and then be responsible for the shipping cost. I know that anything under 13 oz is really reasonable.

stargirl66
10-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Stop the bus, am I the last to know or the first to discover that Wonderslim products at Diet Direct are the SAME as Weight Loss Systems at Nashua?

Rainbowsmiles' brilliant new cheesecake recipe led me to Nashua to look up WLS cheesecake, and after looking at other WLS products, I realized they must be identical twins with different names! I'm familiar with several Wonderslim products, so I recognized that the "Snack-Os" look to be the same as the WLS Snack Bites, and Wonderslim Pretzel Snacks are the same as WLS Pretzel Twists, and so on right down the line. Wow, this is cool! I think I'll just shop Nashua now.

tightwad
10-24-2012, 04:05 PM
The WLS products seem to be quite a bit higher in Carbs than allowed...is there a limited selection that work?

stargirl66
10-24-2012, 04:25 PM
The WLS products seem to be quite a bit higher in Carbs than allowed...is there a limited selection that work?

Some may be, but many are compliant when you figure what the net carbs are by subtracting the fiber from the carbs.

scorbett1103
10-24-2012, 04:31 PM

I use many of their products, some fall under the "restricted" category but many are "unrestricted" - are you referring to any in particular?

Stop the bus, am I the last to know or the first to discover that Wonderslim products at Diet Direct are the SAME as Weight Loss Systems at Nashua?

Rainbowsmiles' brilliant new cheesecake recipe led me to Nashua to look up WLS cheesecake, and after looking at other WLS products, I realized they must be identical twins with different names! I'm familiar with several Wonderslim products, so I recognized that the "Snack-Os" look to be the same as the WLS Snack Bites, and Wonderslim Pretzel Snacks are the same as WLS Pretzel Twists, and so on right down the line. Wow, this is cool! I think I'll just shop Nashua now.

LOL they sell the product under a few brand names - my nutrition store sells them under the name "Balanced Protein" :) Many companies do this, I also buy some Health Wise products that are also marketed under the "Healthsmart" brand.

GoalFor40
10-24-2012, 04:52 PM
For cheesecake, I've only had Wonderslim and really like it. I add a T of WF raspberry or strawberry jelly and it's delish.

I just had a thought. In the past, I've participated in garden seed swaps, where people trade what they have. I wonder if something similar could be done with alternative products. You just have to agree on what to trade, and then be responsible for the shipping cost. I know that anything under 13 oz is really reasonable.

I would be up for this- I am getting a little collection of things I don't really like and can't be bothered to doctor. And why is it that my sample bag from Nashua always includes at least one thing that we don't like? Coconut, broccoli, mango.... it has almost become a game with us, when we open the little bag we try to guess what will be in there that we don't like! Not complaining, free is free and there have been a few things I have enjoyed trying, but lately we are on a bad tear.

djs06
10-24-2012, 05:03 PM
I would be up for this- I am getting a little collection of things I don't really like and can't be bothered to doctor. And why is it that my sample bag from Nashua always includes at least one thing that we don't like? Coconut, broccoli, mango.... it has almost become a game with us, when we open the little bag we try to guess what will be in there that we don't like! Not complaining, free is free and there have been a few things I have enjoyed trying, but lately we are on a bad tear.

Haha, I know!!! I really cannot stand the HealthSmart drinks. They have the consistency of pepto bismal, and they ALWAYS SEND ONE! I mean it's great that they send samples but I have struck out on most most of them.

lisa32989
10-24-2012, 05:12 PM

I did several trades of IP products. I'd certainly be up for an alt trade (unless we all like the same thing!) I'm not a fan of the WLS cheesecake pudding so I have 6 packets of that I'd LOVE to trade.

Much of what I haven't been fond of I've just mixed with an IP packet and used at 2 different times (creamy soups, for example). What I am fond of: Protidiet Pink Lemonade & Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal! (and almost everyone's favorite: cocomint pudding)

rainbowsmiles
10-24-2012, 06:05 PM
I did several trades of IP products. I'd certainly be up for an alt trade (unless we all like the same thing!) I'm not a fan of the WLS cheesecake pudding so I have 6 packets of that I'd LOVE to trade.

Much of what I haven't been fond of I've just mixed with an IP packet and used at 2 different times (creamy soups, for example). What I am fond of: Protidiet Pink Lemonade & Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal! (and almost everyone's favorite: cocomint pudding)

i have several for trade too!! we should get together another swap list!!

WingnutandMe
10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I have four chocolate fudge cake mix packets and four nacho cheese pasta packets I would trade for WLS cheesecake or any chocolate pudding shake packets or ?? Make me an offer.

Molly

Fishette
10-24-2012, 08:25 PM
LOL they sell the product under a few brand names - my nutrition store sells them under the name "Balanced Protein" :) Many companies do this

It's a conspiracy!

locopollo
10-24-2012, 08:48 PM

Coconut pudding??? I need to hear more!

My Nashua order just arrived. I use IP products too. I am a happy camper. Or I will be when I get back from vacation and I need to Phase 1 again for a while!

scorbett1103
10-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Coconut pudding??? I need to hear more!

My Nashua order just arrived. I use IP products too. I am a happy camper. Or I will be when I get back from vacation and I need to Phase 1 again for a while!

CocoMINT creme pudding from WLS (or Balanced Protein in my case!) - tastes like a Thin Mint!

rainbowsmiles
10-24-2012, 09:06 PM
FOR TRADE:
4 Strawberry Yogurts
https://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/gelatins/healthsmart-yogurt-1-serving.html
very nice flavor, super great texture, but too sweet for me

rainbowsmiles
10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
I have four chocolate fudge cake mix packets and four nacho cheese pasta packets I would trade for WLS cheesecake or any chocolate pudding shake packets or ?? Make me an offer.

Molly

molly, i will trade one of my WLS cheesecake packets for 1 fudge cake to try!!
if you are interested.
i will also be going through my stock and see what else i have for trade

WingnutandMe
10-24-2012, 09:31 PM
molly, i will trade one of my WLS cheesecake packets for 1 fudge cake to try!!
if you are interested.
i will also be going through my stock and see what else i have for trade

There's nothing wrong with either, I just have other places I'd like to spend my restricted.

Let me know what you've got. We'll see what we can work out.

Molly

this girl is awake
10-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi all :)
I started researching alternatives for my BFF because she wants to do IP but really cannot afford it, and in my research I'm now considering starting alternatives too but I have a couple of questions for both of us.
1. I swear I read a thread where someone was ordering actual IP branded products and possibly supplements from a website and now I can't find the thread. I think the person said she cancelled her order because she thought the website was sketchy (disconnected phone number) but someone else said they ordered from them all the time. What was that website? ETA I THINK I FOUND IT: Plainprotein? Good experience with that website?
2. Is there any matching (or close) alternative of the IP pina colada drink mix and the mango ready-made? Those two are my favorites.
3. Any matching supplement alternatives for the Natura cal-mag, multi, and potassium?
Thanks much!

lisa32989
10-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Nashua's shipping special thru Halloween: free shipping on orders 49 or more
Code: spooky