Exercise! - Get Movin! Part 3

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Get Movin! Part 3

PhillyGirl2012
06-24-2012, 04:36 PM
This thread was started in an attempt to get people moving without any pressure. This thread was started early this year and this is the third installment.

This installment we are kickin' the level up a bit with a group challenge. Please feel free to post as some members will not be participating in the challenge. Again, you do not have to participate and you will not feel left out if you post. We are here to provide support and encouragement for whatever format you choose to follow.

In "Get Movin 1", I created a "Resource (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/256428-get-movin-part-2-a-2.html)" page for those challenged in acquiring dvd's or to bring awareness to the huge variety of exercise resources available on the web. Knowledge is power and this gives you the power to go forward if you truly want to.

Soooo......LET'S GET MOVIN'!!

Exhale15
06-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Here ! :wave:

Today I did Paul Katami's Basic Ten - ten moves with weights. Then 20 minutes of yoga.

I'm one for one...I truly want!

PhillyGirl2012
06-24-2012, 05:02 PM
How did you like the dvd? Ten moves sounds efficient.

Exhale15
06-24-2012, 05:18 PM
I like it - it's a very straight-forward session, good instruction. Definitely for the rotation. :)

PhillyGirl2012
06-24-2012, 05:43 PM
This challenge is called "Challenge You"! We all still have struggles and this challenge is to push us as we tackle barriers and realize that we are stronger than we think.

This is a friendly competition based on a point system. The person with the most points at the end of the month will have bragging rights as the winner and should post it in their sig. To keep it a bit more interesting, the winner will also receive a nominal completion gift item from me. To be eligible you have to be a regular poster on our previous "Get Movin" thread.

The challenge will have a weekly bonus section. Completing the bonus will give you an edge and extra points.

The competition scale will look like this:

water=8 | fruit=2 | veggies=3 | good nutrition day=5 | exercise=1 | sleep=1 Total: 20
Bonus=5
Possible weekly points is 25

Point system and explanation

Water=8 This is 8 full 8oz cups of water a day.
If you consume 6 you will get 6 points. This does not include water consumed while exercising.

Fruit=2 This is a nominal amount of 2 servings of fruit a day.
Fruit has nutritional benefits, can satisfy a sweet tooth,
can serve as a low calorie snack and is just plain yummy.

Veggie=3 This is also a nominal amount as you should eat more within a day.

Good Nutrition Day=5 This includes a day of sticking to your scheduled meal
plan. Not eating anything fried. Eating mainly whole
foods. Getting in your water, fruit, veggie and lean
protein. It can include a dessert item if you had it
scheduled in your meal plan. Oh and no binging, but you do get one free meal a week that will not count against you. Choose wisely!

Exercise=1 You must have a "get movin" focus everyday.
Two rest days a week are allowable for month 1.
Next month there will be one rest day a week.

Sleep=1 Wonderful things happen during sleep which includes muscle repair
and hormone adjustment. Sleep is very important in keeping our
minds focused and sharp.

Bonus=5 There will be a bonus focus which will give you extra points.
If you are running neck to neck with someone, this can put you
over the top.

That's about it! Let's get this party started!! :carrot:

Exhale15
06-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Philly, this is Great!

when does it start?

PhillyGirl2012
06-24-2012, 07:42 PM
No time like the present....Tomorrow is day 1, but the challenge will run till the end of July for month 1.

I think we can put it off for a variety of reasons. The perfect timing will never come for everyone. Sooo...Monday, the 25th is day 1!

I am psyched!!

Exhale15
06-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Me too, I'm psyched. Tomorrow it is:cheer3:

novangel
06-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Hard to believe we're on to part 3...I'm happy to be well into this journey, getting started was the biggest hurdle.

I had quite the weekend! Awesome time yesterday especially but I am super tired from getting to bed so late last night.

Gonna muster up the strength for Jillian. :yawn:

novangel
06-25-2012, 12:34 AM
I couldn't muster up the strength for Jillian. I only had about 4 hours of solid sleep last night but I spent all day/night walking the city yesterday, and walked Friday too so I've gotten exercise. I will start Jillian back up tomorrow for sure. I need good sleep first.

Goodnight.

Eskielover
06-25-2012, 12:49 AM
Me too, I'm psyched. Tomorrow it is:cheer3:

Me three!! (to self) must focus, must focus :D

I'm tired tonight & was planning on going to bed early until I had a phone call from DD. She had taken grands to other grandmother in So. Dakota for a couple of weeks stay. She was coming home when her tire blew up on the interstate 3 hours into a six hour drive. Thankfully she is okay & is to call me when the sheriff arrives or she gets a new tire on. Being a mom, I'm worried..(of course) and can't go to bed until I hear from her.

Eskielover :trampo:

Exhale15
06-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Good morning everybody.

Day 1 it is. Monday is Ilaria day :exercise: (and that's exactly how I'm gonna look!).

TheBunneh
06-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Exhale Good luck with Ilaria! Love her!

Good luck with the challenge everyone! You guys are awesome!! :cheer3::cheer2:

Heck no! I, for one, wouldn't dream of you not participating in the thread. We will still be posting our trials and accomplishments just as we've always have. I just plan to add challenge numbers to the bottom of my posts.

So dear Bunneh....no leaving the thread :hug:

:hug: Thank you.

I had a crazy hectic weekend. We went out to look at fridges and ended up buying a new mattress set! :dizzy: We've needed one for a while (old set was second hand and ready for retirement) but didn't want to spend the money. We stumbled on a close-out sale though, and couldn't resist. My back is thankful. We carried the new set right to the basement and plan to hide from the summer heat down there.

I didn't get any formal exercise but I did do a lot of cleaning. Deep cleaned the kitchen and rubbed it down with peppermint oil to deter the ants. I'm surprised at how well simple peppermint oil works to get rid of ants - its not as effective as poison, but I like not using any harsh chemicals.

My weight is up, but TOM started, so I'm not going to let it get me down. I'm planning for a Walk Away the Pounds workout today. These will probably be my default for a while since it seems to be all I have the strength for recently.

Eskielover
06-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Day 7, level 1 of Shred completed. Wish I could say it is getting easier, but I can't. But I can say that I've completed a week with only one day off. Want to quit, but still hanging in there.

My waist is getting smaller, but my muffin tops (yes plural) are still very much alive.

Are we posting our points every evening?

Eskielover

PhillyGirl2012
06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
OMG!! I added water to the challenge because it is one of my weaknesses. I started off this morning with drinking the water I put on my nightstand every evening. That was a full 16oz cup. With the water I've had at work so far I just had the pleasure of practically running to the potty. Workout is planned for when I get home after work.

Where's McMurphy?

exhale, Ilaria's body is awesome! I read that she does body weight and kickboxing only....she doesn't lift weights.

Eskie, I actually thought about that last night because sleep is included and so you can't count that in advance...soooo:?: I think I will post daily and go back and edit and add the sleep in the next day. Otherwise I may lose track of the other stuff. The muffin top thing is what got me back to Body Revolution. I've seen pics on the facebook group I'm on and I'm like I want results like that.

Bunneh, that is too funny about the fridge turned mattress shopping. I've had my mattress for years and recently got a new one. It's a different quality than the first mattress and I don't see this one lasting as long.

Gabi, even warrior princesses need a break. Hey, did you son come back home?

Exhale15
06-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi guys.

Just got done setting up my Roku box. It was so easy! I'm watching 'Moving Art' on Hulu. It's short films of beautiful footage of nature, and travel. Really, check it out if you can.

I had a 9-point day today. Food all over the place, ran out of steam during the workout. Ugh.

PhillyGirl2012
06-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Today was a good challenge day! A bonus wasn't named yet, so no points for that. Workout 2 was just completed for a calorie burn of 477.

I will have dinner in a bit, but I will have 2 servings so that is the only thing lacking today. So that takes good nutrition down to 4. I will fill in sleep tomorrow

water=8 | fruit=2 | veggies=3 | good nutrition day=5 | exercise=1 | sleep=1 Total: 20
Bonus=0
Possible weekly points is 20---->earned 18-veggies 1|good nutrition 1

PhillyGirl2012
06-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi guys.

Just got done setting up my Roku box. It was so easy! I'm watching 'Moving Art' on Hulu. It's short films of beautiful footage of nature, and travel. Really, check it out if you can.

I had a 9-point day today. Food all over the place, ran out of steam during the workout. Ugh.

Told you Roku was a cool device! Check out the private channels too. I have to check out that station you mentioned. Off to eat dinner.

novangel
06-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Gabi, even warrior princesses need a break. Hey, did you son come back home?

Yes, he's back home. I had a great weekend but I was wiped after...I can't handle kid-free weekends. :lol:

Off to tackle Jillian. :carrot:

novangel
06-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Ok Jillian done.

FFS, when will I see 149p?? I'm sure steak dinner and pizza over the weekend didn't help. *sigh*

Goodnight.

PhillyGirl2012
06-26-2012, 11:44 AM
It amazes me how the body holds onto fluid when eating unhealthy. I mean I ate like crazy this past weekend and the scale went up to 199. I didn't freak out because I knew I was terribly bad, but that was a 3lb difference. Drank lots of water yesterday thanks to this challenge and my want to kick butt. :D I ended up waking up twice to go potty, but this morning was back down to 197...go figure.

My exercise today will be a walk to Trader Joe's. I love, love, love their brown rice medley and I'm in need of blackberries and walnuts so I will check these out today. I've been wanting to get there for a while and the weather is awesome today. I even turned off my central air and opened the windows. Google maps reports that it is a 1-mile walk....so there and back is a 2-mile walk.

I updated my challenge scale to reflect the awesome sleep I got last night. I'm rocking it so far....umm, okay its only day one...movin on! As you can tell "awesome" is my word for the day and that's how I'm feeling.

Make good choices today everybody!

Monday-18 out of 20

Exhale15
06-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Hi everybody :)

It is so beautifully cool here today.

Philly, so we're sharing better weather and a salt blip :(. When I first got on my scale, it read a 20-pound weight loss. Got on it again and saw a 3 pound blip up. The 20 pound loss threw me for a nano-second....I thought....huh??? I must be doing better than I thought.....

Might be time for a new scale, but that might bring on new number-obsessiveness...

Doing really well today, aiming to get everything in.

Gabi, I know you'll see your new number and then some soon. I'm tired of my back-and-forth and am cutting the crap.

Eskielover, I think that when we get to a point where some parts of us are getting tighter, the softer parts kinda get pushed out because they don't belong there anymore. Your little bakery collection will be out of business sooner than you think.

Have a great afternoon everybody :)

Eskielover
06-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Eskielover, I think that when we get to a point where some parts of us are getting tighter, the softer parts kinda get pushed out because they don't belong there anymore. Your little bakery collection will be out of business sooner than you think.

Have a great afternoon everybody :)

LOL :lol:

Thanks Exhale, that gave me a much needed chuckle! I hope you're right.

I got my Shred DVD yesterday so I won't have to use YouTube any more. It was kinda hard to follow along with Jillian when the screen was so small on the computer.

Here are my points for yesterday:

Water =0/ fruit =2/ veggies=3/exercise=1/ Total=6 points

I don't have access to water while working, so that limits the amount I can drink during my shift. I know I didn't get 8 glasses in. Haven't slept well for the last 2 nights so I lost those points also. Okay, I'm off to a slow start but it will surely get better.

Eskielover
06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Eskie, I actually thought about that last night because sleep is included and so you can't count that in advance...soooo:?: I think I will post daily and go back and edit and add the sleep in the next day. Otherwise I may lose track of the other stuff.

PhillyGirl, wouldn't it be easier to count the previous nights sleep for that day? ie: Sunday night thru Monday morning would be reported for points on Monday?

The muffin top thing is what got me back to Body Revolution. I've seen pics on the facebook group I'm on and I'm like I want results like that.

I'm not sure I could handle Body Revolution since I'm struggling with Shred right now. Maybe when I finish my thirty days with Shred I'll feel differently. Are you doing Body Revolution now or have you moved onto something else.

Eskielover
06-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Okay I need to get away from the computer and do something--anything that's on my to-do list BUT I have questions!

1. Water-- if you only have 4 oz. out of 8 to drink, can you report the 4 points? Or do you lose the points?

2. Sleep--I got 5 hours of sleep last night, but we need 7-8 hours. I assume that we're shooting for the 7-8 and get points only if we sleep that many hours, right?

3. Good nutrition day-- Do we need to stick to meal plan, drink all your water, fruit & veggies in to report any points in this? Or can you have some of the 5 points if all you didn't get in was your water?

Sorry for being a pain. Just want to report the right number.

Thanks in advance!

PhillyGirl2012
06-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Eskie, I never did 30 day as scheduled, but I did test it out once upon a time. Body Revolution was developed for overweight and out of shape people. At least that's what Jill said in her podcast. Although the craziness starts in week 3. But I do love the format of the program because you do two different strength workouts for two weeks and then it changes to two different workouts.

Regarding sleep for the challenge...
I guess my thought was more if you had a good day of nutrition, adequate hydration, got in your exercise then you should also get a good nights sleep. But I do get your point. I'll go with whatever you and exhale are comfortable with.

Regarding water.....
I have the brita on the go bottle (http://www.brita.com/products/filtering-bottle/brita-bottle-aqua/). It has a filter built in. Can you use something like that?

PhillyGirl2012
06-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Nothing like having to go potty on a 2-mile walk in downtown philly. I think tonight I'm going to do an extended stretch program or yoga.

PhillyGirl2012
06-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Eskie, my answers are in red.

Okay I need to get away from the computer and do something--anything that's on my to-do list BUT I have questions!

1. Water-- if you only have 4 oz. out of 8 to drink, can you report the 4 points? Or do you lose the points?

4oz out of 8oz would be 1/2 a point. The whole 8oz would be 1 point. So if you got in a total of 4-4oz servings of water that would be 2 points.

2. Sleep--I got 5 hours of sleep last night, but we need 7-8 hours. I assume that we're shooting for the 7-8 and get points only if we sleep that many hours, right?

I didn't dissect sleep like the other points. Five hours to me is not a tragedy if you feel rested and not dragging throughout the day.

3. Good nutrition day-- Do we need to stick to meal plan, drink all your water, fruit & veggies in to report any points in this? Or can you have some of the 5 points if all you didn't get in was your water?

A good nutrition day is getting your water, veggie, fruit and overall eating nutritious meals throughout the day.

For example, I didn't get all my veggie servings in yesterday so I deducted a point from my Good Nutrition score. So if you ate well, got in your veggie/fruit, but you missed water you would deduct a point

Sorry for being a pain. Just want to report the right number.

You are not a pain and I'm glad that you are participating.

Thanks in advance!

Lulu Jones
06-26-2012, 04:54 PM
This is all very inspiring. Motivates me to keep doing the exercise plan I have set up for myself which is yoga 2 days per week and free weights 2 days a week. Also on the weekends I am committed to doing fun active activities like racing my husband at our favorite local park, hiking or simply walking around the city.

How do I enter this challenge? Is it too late?

Good luck to you all,
Lulu

PhillyGirl2012
06-26-2012, 05:13 PM
This is all very inspiring. Motivates me to keep doing the exercise plan I have set up for myself which is yoga 2 days per week and free weights 2 days a week. Also on the weekends I am committed to doing fun active activities like racing my husband at our favorite local park, hiking or simply walking around the city.

How do I enter this challenge? Is it too late?

Good luck to you all,
Lulu

Hi Lulu!
Welcome to the thread! This is a challenge I thought up and it just started yesterday. We are a very interactive group and as you can see we post almost daily. This thread just started and the general outline of the challenge is on page 1. Eskielover just asked some questions on this page that may give some clarity to calculating scores.

You are welcomed to participate!

Exhale15
06-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi guys :)

Hi Lulu, Welcome to the group.:carrot:

I'm calling 'do-over' - can't get back on track. I have to stop 'doing' these dvds - it's not working for me at home, at least not now not in the summer. It's too much. I kinda wanted to do what you guys are doing but it's not working for me and it's messing with my head and that's messing with my eating. I want what I had before....So Ms. Ilaria and Mr. Katani go in the pretty 'hold box', to be opened in September.....

SO, for month 1 it's going to be: yoga x2, pilates x2 and cardio/weights x2. I can get that in even with 2 rest days, if needed.

So it's going to be tomorrow all fresh and new (I'm a Scorpio; we do this 'regeneration/phoenix/ashes thing every so often...)

PS..about the 'sleep', my interpretation is having a 'lights out' time after which there's no TV/internet/etc, etc. ...

PhillyGirl2012
06-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi guys :)

Hi Lulu, Welcome to the group.:carrot:

I'm calling 'do-over' - can't get back on track. I have to stop 'doing' these dvds - it's not working for me at home, at least not now not in the summer. It's too much. I kinda wanted to do what you guys are doing but it's not working for me and it's messing with my head and that's messing with my eating. I want what I had before....So Ms. Ilaria and Mr. Katani go in the pretty 'hold box', to be opened in September.....

SO, for month 1 it's going to be: yoga x2, pilates x2 and cardio/weights x2. I can get that in even with 2 rest days, if needed.

So it's going to be tomorrow all fresh and new (I'm a Scorpio; we do this 'regeneration/phoenix/ashes thing every so often...)

PS..about the 'sleep', my interpretation is having a 'lights out' time after which there's no TV/internet/etc, etc. ...

Exhale, no need to stress. That's the beauty of "Challenge You", you set your own rules to which program or focus you want to do. Did you find the Live Exercise channel on roku? There's yoga, pilates and all kinds of stuff on there. LOL@the scorpion thing.

GROUP
I think we can use this week as a pre-challenge and officially start Sunday, July 1. We should still keep track so that we know where our weaknesses are and really focus to get better. This way we can really go full steam ahead and impress ourselves. Also, hopefully McMurphy will be back and will want to join in. Also, if Lulu sticks around she will have a chance to start officially.
What do you guys think about this?

Exhale15
06-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Perfect :dance:

Thanks Philly, yes, I did find the exercise channels on Roku. Roku is working like a charm. luv it...

PhillyGirl2012
06-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Okay...ummmm...yoga=OMG!!

Exhale I tried a yoga workout on Live Exercise and owwie! I was okay at the beginning and then at the 13 minute mark, forgive the spelling, Chaterunga=omg!! Downward dog and putting the leg up had me grasping for furniture to break my fall...kidding, I came out of it before that happened, but I was well on my way to a face plant. OMG...I'm actually sweating when I didn't want to.

Big props to you for mastering this.

novangel
06-26-2012, 09:20 PM
After a few days off from Jillian I'm h*ll-bent on going full steam ahead. I did it last night with much hesitation but felt so much better after. Sometimes a short break kicks me back into high gear when you'd think it would make me fall off the wagon completely. Can't complain about that.

I decided I'm not going to participate in the points challenge but I look at every 1st of the month as a new start. ;) I eat disciplined/low cal 98% of the time and that's good enough for me...tracking stressed me out. I could stand to drink more water though.

Exhale, sorry the DVD's aren't working out for you. I love them! I don't really have a choice though I can't commit to a gym membership at this time otherwise I would for sure be all over that. I'd look like Sheera by now. :strong:

PhillyGirl2012
06-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Happy Hump Day!

Gabi, I already thought you weren't participating because you didn't say much. No worries! Good going jumping right back in your program.

I'm the opposite about the gym. I lean towards taking classes at studios because of the non-commitment. Google offers, groupon and living social have been great for finding discounts. Otherwise I have my own equipment to use, but I do get the "vibe" of the gym culture.

Exhale15
06-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Happy Hump Day as we inch closer to :cheer3: day 1 :cheer2:

Gabi, you got this & it's great.

Philly, Chaturanga is really tough. Downward Dog, however, actually becomes relaxing after a while.

I'm feeling refreshed after yesterday's melt-down. Slept well and raring to go... see ya later...have a good day everybody.

PhillyGirl2012
06-27-2012, 07:43 PM
I talked a lot yesterday so thought I'd give others a chance to hold the conversation, but its quiet in here today.

Where is everyone?

Umm, my back is twitched today. Its the same area that I had problems with before which is my right lower side. On another note, I resisted the temptation of having some ice cream yesterday. Years of bad habits are really like a drug that you have detox from. I'm very proud of myself for not giving in.

Exhale15
06-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Hey Philly, I'm here :)

Sorry about your back, even more reason for cheers for not having ice cream. It is a bad habit, even though there's so much of it everywhere! My bad habit that I am going to kick in July is my bagel habit. It's a food/social habit, because I like my bagel place and my breakfast friends are focused around my bagel place. I realized today that I've been feeling over-loaded after having a bagel, even scooped out, it is a lot of bread. And usually comes paired with cheese of some sort, which is unnecessary.

I'd am going to change it to where I have max of 2 bagels a week, and that at lunch or dinner, no more bagel breakfasts.

To do this, I figured out 2 alternative breakfasts, which will be my menu starting tomorrow. They are (1) spinach/greens smoothie, with fruit and some protein powder or chick peas - start my day with greens and fruit to get my points in or (2) oatmeal smoothie with protein powder and fruit. I've had the green smoothies, but the oatmeal is new to me.

Establishing this breakfast habit will serve me well. Detox here I come.....

novangel
06-27-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm still here. :wave:

I think I'm stuck at this size/weight. I feel like this is taking forever and a day! I have lost weight in the past with WAY less effort than this. This chick is killing me.

Jillian time. :faint:

Exhale15
06-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi Good Morning :)

Had my breakfast protein smoothie this morning. I forgot how easy and good these are. And the weather is right; going smoothie-heavy to 'reset'.

Novangel, what if you were to switch-up your routine? Do Jillian on alternate days for a week? Something to 'confuse' your system?

Philly, hope your back's feeling better.

Where are the other 'movers' ?

Have a great day everyone, where ever you are :cheer2:

Eskielover
06-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Day 10 level one of Shred completed. Off to work--will be back later!

Exhale15
06-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Gabi.....Everybody....

#54 Cut the Fat Podcast....Losing the last 10 pounds.... not just for the 'last ten'...great info for all of us :)

PhillyGirl2012
06-28-2012, 05:18 PM
I have been battling temptation this week. I see that it is the heat and me not wanting to cook. I did this the other week when there was a heat surge. So last night I had a smoothie which gave me some sweetness from the fruit, skim milk provided a creaminess and the protein powder made me full. It was good and I will replay this tonight after my workout.

Exhale, at first I thought my back was just weak, but my daily tote bag was heavy and I carried my friends laptop home to set up. I probably just aggravated it. I didn't exercise yesterday, left my tote bag at home today and it feels better at the moment. I think I downloaded that episode form Cut the Fat, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Wow, great minds think a like. I had a smoothie for dinner last nite and put some flax seed meal in it and it was very good, filling and hit the spot on a hot evening. Bagels have been off my radar for a while as well as most breads. The bread itself isn't a bad thing, but I have to slather stuff on it which takes it to a whole other level which throws my diet off track so I stay away.

I ordered a new ninja 1100 blender (http://www.ninjakitchen.com/productListing.shtml) and I can not wait to get it. I have the blue pod version which works great, but I wanted the traditional form. This thing pulverizes frozen fruit and I expect the same from the new blender especially with more power. In the commercials they add veggies to the smoothie and I so want to do that. That would certainly add to my veggie count. My old pod blender is going to my auntie who burned her's out and never replaced it.

Gabi, Do you ever give thought to Jill's other kickbutt workouts like No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism? I think they would surely take your workout to another level.

Eskie, was that a drive by? LOL...;)

McMurphy, I hope all is well.

Exhale15
06-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi Philly, smart about the bread...you are going to love your new blender...spinach smoothies (with a little fruit, etc.) are great. You reminded me that I have to restock on flax. I like hemp seed, too.

Today I prepped my foyer for painting. I know it's going to be hot the next couple of days, but it's not a big room and I can always retreat into my ac'd bedroom. I had quite a bit of spackling to do..you know, once you start looking, you start seeing...It's important to me to get the foyer done, because I tend to drop off things there when I come in, and if it looks really pretty I'll pay more attention to keeping it nice.

So far, food was good today, got in most of my water, I'll have a smoothie at dinner that will take care of the rest of my fruits and veggies. I bought turkey breast today that I'll slow-cook tomorrow while I'm working.

One of the big things I got from the Podcast is that this getting 'there' requires an absolute change in mindset, there is no endpoint to this, it's a constant process - not an 'on-off' thing. I know what I have to do, now I just have to figure out that I want to do it, which means to agree with myself that I want to live the way that it takes for me to have what I've been telling myself what I want.

Exhale15
06-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Hi Philly, smart about the bread...you are going to love your new blender...spinach smoothies (with a little fruit, etc.) are great. You reminded me that I have to restock on flax. I like hemp seed, too.

Today I prepped my foyer for painting. I know it's going to be hot the next couple of days, but it's not a big room and I can always retreat into my ac'd bedroom. I had quite a bit of spackling to do..you know, once you start looking, you start seeing...It's important to me to get the foyer done, because it's also my dining room and that's an important space.

So far, food was good today, got in most of my water, I'll have a smoothie at dinner that will take care of the rest of my fruits and veggies. I bought turkey breast today that I'll slow-cook tomorrow while I'm working.

One of the big things I got from the Podcast is that this getting 'there' requires an absolute change in mindset, there is no endpoint to this, it's a constant process - not an 'on-off' thing. I know what I have to do, now I just have to figure out that I want to do it, which means to agree with myself that I want to live the way that it takes for me to have what I've been telling myself what I want.

Also in the podcast was an interesting take on the roll of nutrition v. exercise and the type of exercise that's most beneficial...

Off to do some abs....see you tomorrow:cp::strong:

novangel
06-28-2012, 07:59 PM
What if you were to switch-up your routine? Do Jillian on alternate days for a week? Something to 'confuse' your system?

I alternate the levels/DVD's sometimes to keep things interesting when it seem to get too routine. After this DVD I will move on to Extreme Shed and Shred. I'm still working at Ripped in 30 which is no easy feat and I still have 3 levels to master...this DVD has 4 levels. Other days I walk quite a bit in conjunction with Jillian. I just have to be patient since we all know the last 10p is the hardest to lose.

Getting ready to exercise in a few. Take care everyone and keep moving!! :wave:

novangel
06-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Where's Bunneh?? :?:

Seems to be 4 of us left...

I'm telling you (once again) I'm staying here and never quitting even if I'm the last man standing. Stick with me! :strong:

Exhale15
06-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Happy Friday Guys :cp:

It's going to be a hot one here today :o But I'm on it today big time!
Have a great great happy and strong day :carrot:

Exhale15
06-29-2012, 03:53 PM
What happened?
Melted?
I tried to paint but it's just too hot...then I tried to change a light bulb in my ceiling fan and the base of the bulb is stuck in the fixture. I tried gingerly to remove it but it could not be coaxed and of course the bulb won't go back onto its broken base - so much for that. Luckily, I have 2 floor fans.

Then I went out to get some pasta fagioli soup & kitty litter just across the street and I can't believe how brutal it is out there.

Hope everyone is doing OK. I really enjoyed yesterday's podcast. The idea of long-term (forever) behavioral change is both daunting and comforting....as is the statement '...weight loss isn't fair...'

PhillyGirl2012
06-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Public transportation bites sometimes. I knew I should have drove today.

Im still here too. Its super hot out. Im on my cell on the train but should be in my car by now.
i didnt eat well today nor did I drink enough water.
back later

Exhale15
06-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Ugh, I was going to make a quick turkey fillet to find that I left them out last night !
Worked out better, probably though - I made a mixed green smoothie - used the whole bag of greens, banana 1/2, apple, blueberries. Need to get flax seed tomorrow.

I've been OK otherwise, lots of fluids but not much movement. Weight's stable. I put my gym membership on hold, in anticipation of doing this painting. But my place is too hot for painting, as well as exercise... so it's the gym for me tomorrow.

Good night :)

novangel
06-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Well, I made it 5 days in a row with Jillian! Off tomorrow and then I'll be back Sunday. :)

Exhale15
06-30-2012, 09:16 AM
good morning!
Another day to be great. And I will be....

novangel
06-30-2012, 10:35 AM
I found the video on Youtube the other day of the girl that inspired me (Tiffany) to lose weight as she stood in her bikini on the beach in St. Martin. I remember thinking I would love to look like her. She's no ripped, skinny mini by any means; just standing where I want to be standing with confidence. I viewed her 100% as "thin".

Looking at the vid 5 months later I'm actually now thinner than her. It's amazing how my perception has changed because now I see her as "slightly overweight" & I still view myself as "slightly overweight". I never noticed her (minimal) extra weight before, yet I'm a little smaller than her and still not satisfied whereas before her size seemed very ideal to me.

I know none of this really has a point I just found it interesting how perceptions/comparisons of yourself and others change during weightloss. She still gets credit due for being my inspiration. :)

Eskielover
06-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Good morning Exhale, Philly, Novangel, et all. Yes, I think I've melted....not quite so hot yesterday, but still over 100. Tuesday the high was 107--quite high for Nebraska as the last 3 summers have not gotten over 99 degrees. Also broke records across the state.

I have quit Jillian. It ceased being fun or enjoyable & so I dreaded even exercising. Last night I danced over an hour on rebounder and this morning I worked out with Robert Fergeson--Tone & burn. I plan on staying with both of these workouts and try to get in some walking, though that is nearly impossible with this hot weather.

Headed for work. Will try to come back tonight.

Eskielover

novangel
06-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Eskie, if I didn't wear an ipod I would never make it as far as I have with Jillian. I would eventually reconsider, she's very effective and I'm sad to see you quit so soon.

PhillyGirl2012
06-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Happy Saturday!

I was so busy last night with food shopping, tossing old stuff and unpacking. By the time I was done a shower was definitely next. After I didn't have the energy to prep dinner so I ate one of the soft pretzels I bought for my mom. By 10pm I realized that wasn't working and cooked a piece of salmon.

My brother and mom are here with me this weekend. My brother is funny because he is here because I have central air. Gotta love brotherly love...lol. I bought a pork tenderloin and put that in the crock pot last night. My brother couldn't sleep as late as he normally does because he was smelling the roast all night...lol. My poor mother just came back from vacation where she slept on the sofa because the beds were horrible. She is dead to the world asleep right now. So needless to say I am playing hostess this weekend. I have him cooking our lunch now though. Might as well put him to work...lol. I'm also setting up my niece's computer so I'm busy doing that. She's going away to college...so proud!

Exercise is not on my plan today. Quite frankly I don't feel like sweating right now. I am comfortable, relaxed and enjoying my company. Tomorrow is laundry so I need to get up at dawn when its cooler. I so wish we could have washers in our apartments.

Have a great day everyone! And those in high heat areas, stay cool.

PhillyGirl2012
06-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Gabi, I am inspired by many figures...on youtube and in magazines, specifically Oxygen magazine.

Eskie, do you do Robert's workout on the rebounder? I frequent another site and members use the rebounder with walk away the pounds, kickbox and other workouts. They say it gives their workouts a different intensity as well as staying low impact.

Exhale, my new blender is here! It looks industrial...lol. I haven't had a chance to wash it and test it yet. The counter is being used by the crock pot at the moment. What greens did you use?

novangel
06-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm in the heat wave area but decided to go for a 30 brisk walk today for extra credit! I was sweating like crazy...I attempted to jog too but um, no. :lol:

PhillyGirl2012
06-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm in the heat wave area but decided to go for a 30 brisk walk today for extra credit! I was sweating like crazy...I attempted to jog too but um, no. :lol:

see....WARRIOR PRINCESS!! :D

Exhale15
06-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Hi Eskie, Gabi, Philly, lurkers :)

Congrats on your blender, Philly, you are going to love it. I use all kinds of greens in my smoothies; spinach is standard, arugula is nice and peppery, kale is strong. Yesterday I used a romaine mix, which was quite mild. I put in only a little bit of banana, because I've learned to enjoy the green taste. Then my other fruit is some orange, or apple. I have 'freezer fruit' days when I cut up fruit for freezer bags so it's always ready. Sometimes I add fiber powder, flax, hemp, or chia. I'm also using my blender to make iced coffee, to which I've been adding some chocolate whey powder and fiber powder.

Gabi, today was some walking day! I walked about a half mile with a heavy shopping bag. The air quality gave me quite a beat-down and I was very happy to come home to my kinda cool environment.

Eskie, glad you have an exercise you like.
You never know, you may go back to Jillian at some point. That's the beauty & challenge of all of this...it's a life-long project.

Stay hydrated !

novangel
06-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah, NY is part of the heat wave too...hotter than IL I think. It really sucks because it's the weekend and after 1pm you're stuck inside...unless you're nuts.

Exhale15
06-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah, its 8pm and it's 90 degrees. It's just BAD :(

Eskielover
06-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Here it's 82 degrees at 9:30. The high was "only" 98--but seemed much higher! It looks like record highs are falling everywhere.

Eskielover
06-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Eskie, do you do Robert's workout on the rebounder? I frequent another site and members use the rebounder with walk away the pounds, kickbox and other workouts. They say it gives their workouts a different intensity as well as staying low impact.

On some of the exercises I do use the rebounder. Even with Jillian I did my jumping jacks & other jumping moves on it. I then benefit from each bounce plus it helps take the jolt away from your joints....my knees and feet thank me. :D

With Robert, there aren't as many floor exercises which is good as I have a hard time getting down & up. I have finally gotten to the place I can do a few push ups though! (Robert has those too!)

I don't know...I may go back to Jillian later, but for now I want to finish 3 weeks with Robert.

Eskielover :trampo::workout::exercise:

corinthian314
07-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Today I did 30min on the elliptical, 30min on the treadmill and weights!

Exhale15
07-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Good morning and happy July everyone :)

corinthian314 :welcome:

Yeah, it's hot. Got no sleep last night it was so miserable. Don't even want to go anywhere too far today.

BUT it is the beginning of the month and our challenge(s) - and I love fresh starts. I've joined a 'sugar-free July' thread here on 3FC, so I have a lot of good stuff on my plate. I've been maintaining within 3 pounds for a while - depending on what I'm eating - I think it's time to crack down so for this month I'm aiming for a 3 pound loss. It's not much. This is going slowly for me, but what's coming off is staying off, so it will be off for good.

Stay cool everybody see ya later....

novangel
07-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Yay! New month! :carrot: June was a good, here's hoping July is even better. :) I have a good feeling that by the end of this month I will be pretty close to goal..or so I hope. My 38th Birthday is mid-August and will mark 6 months to the day that I started Jillian, so what better present?

Alright ladies, let's go full steam on the sweat wagon! :drill: I know it's boring, I know you loathe it, but eye on the goal.

:welcome: Corinthian!

Exhale15
07-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Hey, the way the weather is, sweat if you do, sweat if you don't . Might as well DO!

PhillyGirl2012
07-01-2012, 11:34 AM
I got up really early to try to beat the hallway heat. I'm doing laundry at the moment.

LOL@sweat if you do, sweat if you don't. I was actually thinking I'm already a little sweaty from running up and down the steps, might as well get a workout in. My energy is leaving me though since I only got 5 hours of sleep. Not from the heat, but I didn't go to sleep till around 2am and I got up at 7am.

Soooo....today is day one of Challenge You! :carrot: July will be interesting with this challenge.

Exhale, 3 pounds is totally doable.

Eskie, pushups are my nemesis. I can't do them.

Novangel, 6 months with Jill huh? I didn't know it was that long.

bbl...back to laundry

novangel
07-01-2012, 12:46 PM
August 15th (my b-day) will be 6 months with Jillian. :)

Eskielover
07-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Good morning. I completed 36 minutes of kickboxing with Robert this morning. First time doing this part of the DVD but I managed to keep up a majority of the workout.

Will be back later to report todays points.

Eskielover

PhillyGirl2012
07-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Ok so the sudden warm weather back in Spring, you know the season we didn't have, I never brought out my cool weather clothes. So today I packed away winter stuff and unpacked spring/summer stuff. I have a headache now. I think its from a combination of my laundry trip out in the heat and hunger.

Even though I wrote about the challenge this morning, but I kinda forgot about it as the day went on. Points won't be impressive today, but it will be better for the rest of the week.

Off to eat and rest a bit.

McMurphy
07-01-2012, 06:30 PM
HI EVERYBODY!

I didn't leave - I just got back from vacation about an hour ago :) Had a good time...but sticking to plan didn't go so well. Oh well - what's done is done. I don't want to quit - I'm picking up right where I left off. I will continue with my plan for several days before weighing myself again. I assume I've gained back the 4lbs of water weight plus more. Sigh.

Hope everyone's well!

novangel
07-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Good thing I decided to walk yesterday, I'm not sure if I can work out tonight. I have no power and no idea when it will be back on. An insane storm (wind speeds of 100mph in some areas) came through here around 12:20pm and here I sit. :/ It's also almost back up to 90 degrees. Ugh, I really hope ComEd can get this fixed before bedtime. I'll also have to keep going to my car to charge my cell.

Be back later.

Exhale15
07-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey McMurphy, welcome back.
Gabi, you have my sympathies !!
Philly, hope you're getting some rest :)
Eskie, you got it done today :)

Today I lost points for sleep and exercise. Just too tired and too hot. Got some things done around the house and that was it. On an excellent note, I had no fried food and no fatty sweets, although with lack of sleep I was craving both in a big way. I had lots of water, iced tea and iced coffee and am finding that when I'm wanting 'something' I've been getting away with iced coffee to which I add a bit of unsweetened Hershey's powder. So that's really good!

Given my low tolerance for this weather, I'm heading for the gym MWF and that's what I promise for this week. :faint:

The only good thing is more heat = more fluids and less foods.

See ya tomorrow with a good report to share

PhillyGirl2012
07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
McMurphy, I'm glad to see you are back! I hope you had a great time. I wouldn't worry about getting off track. Relaxing with your family counts more.

Gabi, OH MY GOODNESS!! A power outage is what I fear during this heat wave. I hope the power gets restored soon.

Exhale, It was not a good point day for me either. I passed out on the couch with my laptop on my lap. My mom was talking to me before she realized I was asleep. She removed my laptop for me and then I laid down and was asleep for a couple of hours.

Eskie, That was quite a workout in this weather. Kudos!

It's 9pm and I'm watching the gymnastics olympic trials. I love gymnastics!

Exhale15
07-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Philly, the weather is so miserable....I've been trying to keep off my laptop because it is so hot - on my lap -and I'm too lazy to put the laptop on my desk...

but... I was just going through the Roku Box channels....I cannot believe the variety of what's available...esp. for exercise/fitness... GymBox & Pilates channels are great ! I know I keep going back and forth, but why do I need a gym? I don't even have to buy/try any more dvds...it's all on Roku...

PhillyGirl2012
07-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Philly, I was just going through the Roku Box channels....I cannot believe the variety of what's available...esp. for exercise/fitness... GymBox & Pilates channels are great ! I know I keep going back and forth, but why do I need a gym? I don't even have to buy/try any more dvds...it's all on Roku...

LOL and its even better if you add stuff to your favorites in Youtube. I play with the idea of the gym, but I have so much stuff here and really can't justify the cost. I try to look at it as a social outing, but again the cost. LOL...I think that's why I talk everyone's ears off on here...lol

PhillyGirl2012
07-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Exhale, I use a Belkin Laptop desk (http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=472656) and LOVE it! It's all cushioned and that inner part I've stored papers/notpad in it. I got mine from Target for $20. It's a little cheaper now at $18. It works for 15" and 17" if you flip it over. Best money I've spent on an accessory.

PhillyGirl2012
07-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Happy Monday!

Good Morning All! It's almost 5:30am and I'm trying to wake up. Even though I'm up I just can't roll out of bed and workout, so I'm drinking some water and trying to wake up. I'm not a morning person at all, but this is me sucking it up to get my workout in today. I will get my FULL point count today. Game On!!

EDIT--My workout is done!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Eskielover
07-02-2012, 12:08 PM
24 minute Tone & Burn with Robert done. Now to get ready for work.

My points from yesterday: 18 Didn't get my fruit 'cause I saved one serving for a late snack then forgot to eat it!

Philly--great job. I hate getting up really early to exercise, but I know if I wait I will not do it in the evening when I get home from work.

Later,

Eskielover:trampo:

puneri
07-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi Phylli
I do not get 8 hours sleep, otherwise I eat all healthy cook from scratch.
Drink almost 7to 8 glasses of water. Exercise 5 days a week.
Any suggestion for good night sleep?

PhillyGirl2012
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Hi Phylli
I do not get 8 hours sleep, otherwise I eat all healthy cook from scratch.
Drink almost 7to 8 glasses of water. Exercise 5 days a week.
Any suggestion for good night sleep?

Hi Puneri and welcome to the thread! Regarding sleep, some reasons could be stress or maybe exercise too close to bed time? Maybe the other members can chime in their thoughts.

PhillyGirl2012
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
24 minute Tone & Burn with Robert done. Now to get ready for work.

My points from yesterday: 18 Didn't get my fruit 'cause I saved one serving for a late snack then forgot to eat it!

Philly--great job. I hate getting up really early to exercise, but I know if I wait I will not do it in the evening when I get home from work.

Later,

Eskielover:trampo:

LOL@saving the fruit and then forgetting it. The heat is very draining and I only got in 1 day of exercise last week. I could use that excuse for the rest of the summer or I could find a solution. As Jill says in Body Revolution "whatever you gotta do to get healthy". The cool thing is I was thinking of what to do with my guilt free time tonight...lol

Exhale15
07-02-2012, 02:28 PM
"whatever you gotta do to get healthy"

So far, it's chicken breast and diced tomatoes in the slow cooker. Even though it's not as hot as yesterday - and I slept pretty well after pulling the bed by the window to be closer to the AC - I'm feeling drained. Determined to get my exercise in. Now it's the principle of the thing and not even the thing itself. I listened to a youtube lecture given by an endo doctor on the dangers of sugar. The biochemistry was painful to sit through, but the 2 things I got from it are (1) eat only sugar in its natural form, i.e. fruit (and veggies); and (2) the benefit of exercise is not in the calories burned, but in the muscle- and metabolism building that results. That's really where the benefit is.

So I guess NIKE - and Gabi - are right - Just Do It.!

PhillyGirl2012
07-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Exhale, we just have to break this cycle and keep moving forward instead of backsliding again. I'm trying to keep it in my head the number of times I've done a restart and how it takes me back to square one with both my nutrition and my fitness process. Enough already! is what I tell myself.

Exhale15
07-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Philly, you are right. I am so much happier when I'm exercising it's incredible. I really want something to show for this month - no more backsliding :tantrum:

On an excellent note...Today I signed up for a trial subscription to the Pilates Anytime channel on Roku. They have some really great instructors, and I'm so happy to have found this. Thank you for the suggestion !

puneri - do you drink coffee or tea in the afternoon? Sometimes that will keep me awake at night.

novangel
07-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Hola!

ComEd came through @ around 3:30am...What a miserable night that was and I had to get up for work with a packed schedule. I really feel for those that are still without power, it is insanely hot outside. :( I can fully admit that I would've never survived the 1800's or even 4 hours stranded on an island. Game over.

Granted yesterday's stoms were brutal, and I mean BRUTAL but this building (entire block) is worthless. A sparrow breaks wind outside and the power goes out. So sick of it. In my next life I will only live in areas where the electric is underground this way when an F5 rips the roof off at least I can still watch Investigation Discovery channel. I was having serious withdrawl.

Anyways...back to Jillian. :carrot:

novangel
07-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Jillian done and sweating like a beast.

Can you believe our last thread had almost 7,000 views?? I wish some of these lurkers would come out of the bushes and join us. *hint

Exhale15
07-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Good morning :)

Gabi...glad you have your power back :) Sparrows breaking wind ???? I'll never look at the little darlings the same way again...

Slept great, full of energy...have a great day all :)

PhillyGirl2012
07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Happy Tuesday!
I actually went out in the heat after work and survived :D After a few errands I visited one of my elders and she chatted until 10pm. I should've been in bed by then. I slept very well though and did not work out before work. I really didn't intend to because I don't have work tomorrow. I'm supposed to go to my auntie's house for a bbq, but frankly don't want to. It's going to still be hot, her house is hot and a group of people makes it more hot.:dizzy:

I knew the views on our threads were high, but geesh 7,000! The problem is not people coming out to join, its that people don't stick around.

Gabi, I too and glad for you and your family that all is well now. In New Jersey, which is close to me, some will be without power until later this week. Bummer for the holiday and just general comfort.

Hi exhale, eskie, mcmurphy and although I'm not sure if she's still with us...bunneh.

Exhale15
07-03-2012, 08:21 PM
My spell of inertia is broken - I did Ilaria's abs and push-up workout. Abs just need focus, push-ups just need about a decade's work.

But the spell is broken and I rejoice :dance:

Have a great 4th everyone :flow1::flow1::flow1:

novangel
07-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Push-up's have to be done on my knees with my legs crossed...I can't do them up on my toes, lord knows I have tried. :p

Congrats Exhale for getting back on track! :carrot:

PhillyGirl2012
07-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Yay Exhale!!!

Exhale15
07-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks Gabi! Thanks Philly! :)

novangel
07-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Jillian done, time for bed. Going to be 100+ tomorrow. :/

Exhale15
07-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Good morning all; Happy Independence Day :carrot:

Declaring my Independence from Inertia!
Feeling good, upper back muscles warm, abs feeing 'there'.

Have a great day :cp:

PhillyGirl2012
07-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Happy 4th of July!

Good Morning All!

I was determined to not sleep the day away on my day off. I'm supposed to go to a relatives for a cookout. I really don't want to because it will be HOT and HUMID according to the weather report.

I used yesterday as a rest day on account I passed out on my bed when I got home trying to recoup from a headache. Hey, I just remembered that I didn't take anything for it and it went away....lol. I'm about to do my workout, eat, get dressed and hit the road.

Have a great day everyone and stay cool!!

PhillyGirl2012
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
FREE KINDLE EBOOKS (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?p=2062044#post2062044)

You need an amazon account. You don't need a kindle, but these are kindle books so you need to install the kindle for pc app or you can view on tablets or smartphones with the kindle app.

I downloaded all except the garlic bread book.

TheBunneh
07-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say happy 4th guys! :coffee2:

Sorry for being MIA. I've been feeling worse this past week. I have a Dr. appointment scheduled for the 1st though.

PhillyGirl2012
07-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Bunneh :hug:
August 1? That's a whole month! Glad to see your post though. Do you stretch? That can put some good hormones into play too.

My workout for the day is done! Did Jillian Michaels workout 2 and biggest loser 1 mile walk. If you've never done the biggest loser walk its a refreshing change of pace from leslie's version. Bob is the lead and he does this bowling ball move, but what it ends up being is a one legged squat. Very clever!

Ok, I'm off to eat, get dressed and get on the road.

Have a great day everyone!

TheBunneh
07-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Philly - Yeah, I know, but it was the soonest appointment available. I was surprised. And yes, I stretch for about 20 minutes every morning and then work a minute or two of stretches here and there throughout the day (plus after a workout obviously). It does usually make me feel a little better.

My husband and I are thinking about going for a short hike today since he has the day off. It would be nice since with the combination of his working overtime and my fatigue we haven't been able to go at all yet this season.

TheBunneh
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Push-up's have to be done on my knees with my legs crossed...I can't do them up on my toes, lord knows I have tried. :p

Congrats Exhale for getting back on track! :carrot:

Try to do just one or two super slow push-ups on your toes, and really focus on perfect form (even if you can't get a full one, do as much as you can with good form). Once you're able to do just a couple with great form they build up quickly. I can do somewhere between 5 to 10 (depending on speed) in a row on my toes now, but I thought that would be impossible when I first tried.

Exhale15
07-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Try to do just one or two super slow push-ups on your toes, and really focus on perfect form (even if you can't get a full one, do as much as you can with good form). Once you're able to do just a couple with great form they build up quickly. I can do somewhere between 5 to 10 (depending on speed) in a row on my toes now, but I thought that would be impossible when I first tried.

Wow, that's great Bunneh :) - wish they had a 'push-up' smilie ;)
Good to hear from you & hope you're feeling better soon - come back and hang with us :)

Philly, great job. As the day went on, my abs got more and more sore and I got a headache from ?something? So today's a rest day.

Gabi, hope you had a great day :)

novangel
07-04-2012, 10:42 PM

Will do, thanks!

I just got back from a BBQ/B-day party so of course I over did it on spinach dip among other things *ahem* but I am probably taking the night off anyway to watch fireworks and relax.

My brother looked at me and said, "what do you weigh, 120?" I wish! People are shocked when I say I actually weigh 150p so that makes me happy. Not to sound arrogant but I honestly don't think I look 150p either so I'll just pretend my scale is broken. ;)

I'll be back later. Have a nice night everyone!

PhillyGirl2012
07-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Lol....I got ....."are you losing weight?". I really didn't eat that much, but it was foods that I don't normally eat like mayo based salads, sausage links, hot dogs, etc. So what I ate I feel overly full. I didn't eat a whole burger, ate a beef hot dog and some seafood spaghetti salad, a piece of pound cake and a kiddie juice. I normally don't eat generic white bread rolls so that adds to me feeling yucky right now.

I had planned on working out in the morning, but my nephew wanted to come over so my workout space will not be available in the am. Maybe I will brave the outdoors and go for a morning walk instead.

I am off to bed. Till tomorrow.

Exhale15
07-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Good morning all :coffee2:

:flow1: on the comments - hard work being noticed :flow1:

My food wasn't excessive, but it was heavy - chicken korma and aloo papri at my local Indian restaurant - non-traditional, I know, but delish.

I went through Fitness Blender and made up some FB playlists. For today: (1) No Squat Workout for Butt and Thighs - Leg Workout without Squats or Lunges‬ and (2) Upper Back, Arms, and Chest Workout -- 23 Min Tabata. Will report back later.

Have a great day :cheer:

TheBunneh
07-05-2012, 12:57 PM
:flow2: Morning everyone.

I did end up going hiking yesterday, it was fun. I just love the mountains here in Utah. So pretty! (And so many squirrels and chipmunks that run almost right up to you!) We didn't stay out very long, but that's because I ended up doing a few sprints down the trail. A severe downhill got me started running then I just kept going. It felt great to get my heart rate up that high after not being able to in a while, but it did tire me out.

Today I'm thinking probably walk away the pounds, and possibly a little weight work if I'm up to it.

Exhale15
07-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone...

Hey Bunneh, glad you had fun :)

Wow my upper abs are sore today. I like it, though, because I can tell where they are and what they're doing :D

I got through the 'no squat workout', which I found do-able but tough in the heat. I am steaming :faint: No upper body today. What I do like about the workout, though, is that I can do the exercises on my own, to my music and 'make a day' out of it. So that's good. Now I'm fortifying with a kale smoothie, and a light English muffin w/a smidge of asiago cheese. Ahhhh :)

According to the weather app on my Mac, the weather should break to the low 80s by Monday. But, for now, it's 8pm and 89 degrees. I need another fan...I would get an AC for my living room, but the thought of the Con Ed bill makes me wince....

Philly, Gabi, hope you had a good day. Lurkers, you too :)

PhillyGirl2012
07-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Today definitely called for a kick butt workout. I did Cathe's kickbox.

I came home with my nephew. Umm, we are sitting here watching a sitcom and he has a bag of skittles. I had some. I have to remember to take this off of my point table. I'm going to update my score card for the week tomorrow. I also have to remember I basically didn't have any type of veggie yesterday at the bbq.

exhale, working lower body with no squats! I must look for that workout. About the weather its going to be 100 degrees here on saturday...please make it stop!

bunneh, You paint a good picture of your hike. There's a trail near me, but I often forget its there. Mainly because of the bugs.

I'm off to bed!

novangel
07-06-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm checking in late but I got Jillian done. I can't wait for this heat wave to be over so I can go out walking and jogging again. I'm getting cabin fever.

Goodnight.

Exhale15
07-06-2012, 09:50 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY !

Monday will be 84, Wednesday 80 - according to the 'app'. Whew. Just gotta get through tomorrow :stress:

Stay strong everyone....Lurkers....what are you guys up to? Running, stretching, lifting? Just curious. Anyone fell off the motivation train? Anyone else melting?

Love the day !

TheBunneh
07-06-2012, 01:29 PM
I didn't get any exercise done yesterday. I'm really hoping for step aerobics today though.

I'm not sure if I'll get a workout in tomorrow since I have to go to a party with a bunch of my husbands co-workers (and I'm so dreading it, I hate social gatherings), but I'm thinking about another hike on Sunday.

Hope the weekend is awesome for you all!

PhillyGirl2012
07-06-2012, 02:46 PM
I can't believe I was actually walking around outside today. Walking in the shade makes it a little better especially when there's a breeze. Strangely we are being dismissed at 3pm today from work....yay!!

Ok, I have to be super good with my nutrition this weekend. I went out to lunch yesterday and today. Although it was yummy, when I go out I really don't pay too much attention because I don't do it often. I did a workout yesterday, but really didn't intend on doing one today. Guess I have to now. I think I'll join Bunneh and do step aerobics. That always gives me a good calorie burn.

Exhale posted cooler weather for next week. I sincerely hope we get it.

Exhale15
07-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Hi all,

Yeah for getting out early Philly!

Got to the gym today. Did some upper-body, rowed for 6 minutes, and biked 10 miles. Feeling good. I'm on a roll, and my goal is to exercise every day. And to enjoy it.

Bunneh and Philly, you're doing steps aerobics? Which stepper do you have?

Have a great rest of the day..... :)

TheBunneh
07-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Exhale - I bought "The Step" from walmart.com. It's the one used in all the videos I have.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Step/2590792

Exhale15
07-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Thank Bunneh :)

novangel
07-07-2012, 12:55 AM
I almost flaked after a very busy day at work and 100+ degrees making me feel blah but I did it anyway. Saturdays are my usual night off so I forced myself through tonight and I'm glad I did. I'm so bloated from sodium/constipation right now. Sorry TMI. Ugh..

Back to Jillian Sunday. Goodnight.

Exhale15
07-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Happy Saturday :)

Warrior Princess, sodium must be defeated. ugh.

I checked in with the scale this morning and am up a couple - it is not fat, it's water, I know, but I'm annoyed. There's so much sodium in outside food that even if I exercise restraint with portions the sodium is still an issue. Even ordering 'no salt', sodium is an issue because most things have either been marinated before cooked, or half-way prepared already. I know what must be done . :wl: Plus, do you think the little bit of pain-inducing exercise I've done this week has gotten my muscles on-board with the water retention thing?

Anyway, OK, new week. Off to exercise.
Have a good day and stay cool :)

Addition: Got through 9 miles on the bike. :ebike:
This will be shower #3 !

novangel
07-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Plus, do you think the little bit of pain-inducing exercise I've done this week has gotten my muscles on-board with the water retention thing?

Anyway, OK, new week. Off to exercise.
Have a good day and stay cool :)

Addition: Got through 9 miles on the bike. :ebike:
This will be shower #3 !

Go Exhale!! :carrot:

Stay away from the scale for a while, you'll probably gain a few at first but remember it's not fat. My scale jumped up 4 pounds when I first started Jillian and my face went pale. :faint:

Exhale15
07-07-2012, 09:39 PM
LOL thanks Gabi :)

PhillyGirl2012
07-08-2012, 01:41 AM
gabi, I can only imagine that...lol

exhale, remember I am also known as gadget girl...lol. I have the Firm's Transfirmer and also the Club Step (the one that bunneh linked). The club step is the one that's used the most. I've had it for about 6 years now. I wish I could find a good home for the Transfirmer. Umm, I did not end up doing the workout. I passed out on the couch and went to bed for a nap. I woke up at 1:30am! I was even surprised by that! Good going on the bike ride...You rock!!

Ok so playing around on youtube made me search for a step video that Cher created years ago. I had the vhs and that workout was never put on dvd. I found it on youtube, downloaded it and burned it to dvd. My company is gone and I will be doing that workout tomorrow.

I finally got around to cleaning my new ninja blender so I will be testing it out tomorrow for sure. I cut the tip of my middle finger today and that is a super irritating place for a cut. I'm literally touch typing right now.

Have a great evening everyone!

Exhale15
07-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Good morning all :)

Warrior Princes and Gadget Girl...sounds like a kids Saturday special LoveIt.

I met with a friend yesterday after the gym and we went to the Roosevelt Field mall and walked (shopped) and had dinner. Put in a little over 6,000 steps on the pedometer ! I slept like a rock last night. And feeling good.

My goal for today is to get on the bike again, and do some upper body work with free weights.

I'm interested in that stepper....maybe to have to do a bit in the evenings....also, I think it would be good for my coordination, 'cause i'm scared of falling off :lol:

Stay cool and happy :)

TheBunneh
07-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Philly You mean you want to get rid of your Transfirmer? Or do you mean the right place for it in your house? I've wanted one of those for a while. I checked out one of the dvds from the library and the workout looked like a lot of fun, but not the same without the right step. (I did some weird improvising... but, uh, it didn't really work the same.)

Exhale15
07-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi Bunneh, I ordered the Step today :) I think it will be good for my coordination, and I can use it as a bench for weight work. Thanks so much for the link :)

I went out for breakfast, intending to head out to the gym afterward, but was feeling fatigued - not lazy, but drained. So I'm taking today as a rest day.

I also realized that I'm not really enjoying bagels that much anymore; I don't think they do much for me, other than fulfill a habit...

novangel
07-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Warrior Princes and Gadget Girl...sounds like a kids Saturday special Love It.

Yeah, it does. :lol:

Well it's Sunday Funday...you know what that means...The start of a new week with Jill. God help me.

Be back tonight to check in. :dizzy:

PhillyGirl2012
07-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Good Morning All!

And I'm actually up before noon...yay!! I think I slept too long though cause my back is stiff.

Bunneh, I want to get rid of it. I've not used it in over 2 years. I had it for sale on amazon, but ended up taking it down cause I didn't have a box and its big. It probably would cost me too much to ship. I always give away stuff and wish you were closer.

Gabi, at least its supposed to be a bit cooler. I welcome any weather at this point lower than 90 degrees.

Exhale, there was a little learning curve, but get a workout that doesn't have too much complicated choreography. Lucky you I know of such workouts :D To the tube....
Gilad Step n Tone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSGBV0CknwY&feature=related) You can't go wrong with any of Gilad's workouts. He is from hawaii and the workouts are always on the beach.
Fun Fitness: Basic Step (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmFjQE5qLzQ&feature=related)

I want to add that you can certainly do these workouts without the step to get familiar with the movements and you will see the difference when you do them on your step.

when you want to kick up the intensity
Step Reebok (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IpJM29PJR4&feature=related)
Jenny Ford (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2gBj9VZBQ0&feature=related)

If you go to the library check out Cathe Friedrich Basic Step/Body Fusion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4equuONDfks)...this is my all time fav step workout.

I wanted to find that Cher workout for you, but I remembered that I downloaded it and didn't find it on youtube.

Ok, I think my body is warm now...onto the step! BBl!

Exhale15
07-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Hey Philly, thanks :) :dance:

PhillyGirl2012
07-08-2012, 02:44 PM
OMG....I lOVE THAT WORKOUT (http://www.amazon.com/CherFitness-A-New-Attitude-VHS/dp/6302208661/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341769532&sr=8-1&keywords=cher+fitness)!! I think it was before its time and it is such a fabulous workout. If you still have a vhs player I highly suggest it. Along with a step workout, there's a ab workout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLAhT6UL_w&feature=g-hist) (which is on youtube) and hip, butt and thigh workout. If you can get past Cher's idea of workout gear its a great workout.

I need nourishment now!

TheBunneh
07-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Philly - Yeah, it's too bad. I'd definitely take it off your hands.

I ended up going hiking for a few hours today. I'm exhausted now, but it was a lot of fun. I just looove the mountains here.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/BEFairys-wallpapers/mountains.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/BEFairys-wallpapers/livirocks.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/BEFairys-wallpapers/anotherock.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/BEFairys-wallpapers/brook.jpg

novangel
07-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Great pics, Bunneh! I've never been west, beautiful out your way.

Exhale15
07-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Bunneh, How Beautiful ! Looks like a gorgeous day out. And you look great :)

PhillyGirl2012
07-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Such beautiful scenery! You look great and peaceful there.

novangel
07-08-2012, 11:03 PM
RI30 Level 3?? :lol3: I raise my white flag, Miss Jillian.

Back to level 1 & 2 for a while. I fear level 4. O_o

novangel
07-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Since RI30 L3 that was so bad (I made it all the way through..poorly) I decided to throw in an extra 20 minutes of 30DS just to make sure I got a sufficient work out. :faint:

I'm D.O.N.E.

Exhale15
07-09-2012, 10:35 AM

Oh my, what does RI30 L3 do to merit a white flag Gabi ???

I hopped on the scale this morning because I was feeling too good not to. The bleep is gone, plus, I'm chipping away at the next pound. I've been drinking tons of water/tea, so it's not dehydration :carrot:

I have been having fruit/greens/protein for dinner and that's been good, but I find myself going to bed thinking about breakfast...Like 'I can have breakfast in X hours'.... It's not that I'm hungry, I'm just missing the habit of going to bed on a full stomach :( I think it's missing the carbs, because I was actually mad at myself last night for not having a stash of bread or muffins. And I haven't had a muffin in, maybe a year (?).....I had plenty of chicken/greens in the fridge but that wasn't what I wanted.

I wake up feeling well, a bit hungry, but I make up an iced coffee concoction and it's not like I have to stuff myself at breakfast - today I had a chicken breast/egg white omelet with herbs and nutritional yeast - so I guess I just have to tough out this strange feeling until my new habit becomes my new norm.

Thanks again for all of the links Philly, they look like fun :)

Hope you're feeling post-hike bliss today Bunneh.

Have a great day. See you later.....

novangel
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Exhale, she was hustling me all the way through 30DS, 2 levels into RI30 and then blind-sided me w/ L3 by turning it up 87 notches. I cussed out the tv and went to bed wondering WTH that was all about. :lol: She's not joking around anymore.

Exhale15
07-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Exhale, she was hustling me all the way through 30DS, 2 levels into RI30 and then blind-sided me w/ L3 by turning it up 87 notches. I cussed out the tv and went to bed wondering WTH that was all about. :lol: She's not joking around anymore.

:lol: I'm scared for you, but you ARE Warrior Princess, and you Will prevail !
Got in 12 miles on the bike :ebike:, and worked my upper body w/free-weights to exhaustion :wl: Left it all there and feeling good !

puneri
07-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I do Zumba at 4p.m on Sunday... And I do not get sleep upto 2 a.m.
My husband says it is because of iPad...I am constantly playing games on iPad...decided not to look at iPad after 4p.m

Exhale15
07-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I do Zumba at 4p.m on Sunday... And I do not get sleep upto 2 a.m.
My husband says it is because of iPad...I am constantly playing games on iPad...decided not to look at iPad after 4p.m

Hi Puneri, Zumba is lots of fun ! What a great way to spend part of Sunday :) I think Your husband's right about that iPad. But I know how easy it is to spend hours on the computer. Let us know if cutting back on your iPad helps you get better sleep. (Hope it does!)

PhillyGirl2012
07-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Puneri, 4pm is still pretty early. Everyone is different, but I've done my workout as late as 7:30pm. Glad to see your post! Stay in touch.

Gabi, LMAO at the white flag. That's how I felt with workout 3 from body revolution. I just kinda stood there, watched the tv and said wth!! My workout 3 is starting next week and what I think I will do is preview and do some of those moves for practice this week so next week I can be a willing participant :D

exhale, Kudos on the workout! Sounds like you rocked it! I tend to weigh less in the morning with sticking with non-starchy carbs with my dinner. I don't do it everyday, but enough times a week where it makes a difference and my body feel lighter.

Exhale and Bunneh, I found Cathe's Basic Step on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkpzj5CVtNo&feature=plcp). You MUST give it a try. This kind soul also posted Cardio and Weights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn9aABn89iU&feature=relmfu) that I do. The is really a fun workout. Give it a try on the floor. There are some really good videos on that channel so give a look and you may find something you like.

Edit--jessicasmithtv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKrr6Lw04cg&feature=relmfu) has some really good workouts that she calls Living Room workouts. I saw three that immediately interested me such as Sunset Barefoot Walk, Cardio Barefoot Flow and Sole Sculpt. There are many though so check out her channel on youtube.

Ok, I'll stop posting now...nite all!

ok, one more...This is not youtube, but these yoga videos are beautifully made (http://www.doyogawithme.com/)
Oops...they are on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/doyogawithme)

novangel
07-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Very stressful day at work, totally threw me off. :mad: I'll do Jillian tomorrow night; at least I was good with food. Goodnight all.

PhillyGirl2012
07-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Very stressful day at work, totally threw me off. :mad: I'll do Jillian tomorrow night; at least I was good with food. Goodnight all.

Hopefully you'll have a good nights sleep and tomorrow will be better. :hug:

Exhale15
07-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Good morning :coffee2:

Philly, thanks for those links :)
Gabi, hope today's better - kudos for eating well despite the stress !
Bunneh, hope you're good :)
Puneri, hope you got a good night's sleep :)

Yep, I'm on a roll. Feeling good.
Have a great day everyone :dance:

TheBunneh
07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
I took a rest day yesterday. I'm still recovering from the hike. And it seems I also need to practice my sunscreen application since apparently I somehow missed the tops of both shoulders. :hot:

I'm planning for Walk Away the Pounds today.

Philly I have both those Cathe workouts on a DVD that came with my step. :) I'm not a big Cathe fan though. She's great, but just not really my style for some reason.

PhillyGirl2012
07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Hello All!

I took a rest day yesterday too, not sure why though. Tonight its back to body revolution workout 1.

Bunneh, I knew that her workouts came with the step years ago and wasn't sure if they were still freebies. Bummer you don't like Cathe, but there are many instructors to choose from. Just curious....What does "Joie de Vivre!!" mean?

Gabi, I hope you are having a better work day today.

Exhale, Did you have that feeling good vibe the whole day?

It's been several days, but I guess that eskielover and mcmurphy have left us :(

TheBunneh
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Joie de Vivre is French. Means "joy of life" or "joy of living." (I don't speak any French, I've just heard the phrase many times.) I cross stitched a pattern with the phrase, and one with "Carpe Diem," and hung them in my kitchen.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/BEFairys-wallpapers/kitchencrossstitch.jpg

PhillyGirl2012
07-10-2012, 06:07 PM
ahh...ok! I wish I was creative like that.

Exhale15
07-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi. Philly, I was feeling great all day, and later in the evening, my abs were feeling really pulled in - I guess from holding my position on the bike. I took today off, and my food for the day is good. I want to workout consistently and enjoy it, rather than going all-out and then quitting - so an every-other-day (at least) schedule is it for me now.

I got an e-mail that my Step shipped, so I'm happy about that. I'm already thinking of play lists I can make up for Stepping - Adel's 'rumor has it' is one.....

Have a great evening :)

Eskielover
07-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Hello All!........It's been several days, but I guess that eskielover and mcmurphy have left us :(

I'm here, Philly. The last week has been horrible--a couple of situations with my Mother (she fell & hit her head plus cracked her ankle). Also an auto accident that killed a 14 year old boy & put his sister in the hospital. Needless to say I've not been eating properly nor exercising. I did do a 12 minute "Fat Burner" workout with Robert yesterday and plan to "dance" on rebounder tonight. Hope to get back on track soon.

Thursday I will be going out of town for 2 concerts at a county fair. One is Loretta Lynn ( have always wanted to see her!!). Will return Sunday sometime. I still don't know what/how, but plan on getting some exercising done plus walking. Don't know what my meals will be like either. My weight doesn't change much--just a pound up then down, so hopefully I'll be okay that-a-way.

Eskielover :trampo::trampo:

Eskielover
07-10-2012, 08:46 PM
......... I was just going through the Roku Box channels....I cannot believe the variety of what's available...esp. for exercise/fitness... GymBox & Pilates channels are great ! I know I keep going back and forth, but why do I need a gym? I don't even have to buy/try any more dvds...it's all on Roku...

Exhale & Philly--what can you tell me about the Roku Box? After you mentioned it and all the channels, I checked what Walmart carries and there seems to be 2-3 different "models" but they all looked the same to me.:dizzy: Which one do you have?

Are they easy to hook up? Besides fitness/exercise, what else is available? Or are these exercise/fitness channels something that you're streaming?

Sorry for all the questions. When it comes to electronic stuff, I'm not so smart!:dizzy::?:

Thanks for the info.

TheBunneh
07-10-2012, 08:49 PM
I did most of Walk Away the Pounds 1mile, then switched to Kari Anderson's Reach. I let myself focus on really what felt best for my body. I ended up doing the entire hour workout, which felt great.

Now I'm off to get ready for grocery shopping.

Exhale - So exciting about your step! I think it's my favorite kind of workout when I have enough energy.

Exhale15
07-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Eskielover, so sorry to hear about your terrible week. Glad that you have some good stuff coming up.

As for the Roku Box: I have the Roku 2, I know there's a reason, but would have to check their website to remember the differences. I am very happy with my Roku Box. I was able to set it up in about 10 minutes. You buy the Roku Box, and a cable (HDMI cable) to connect the box to the TV set. So the box is connected to the TV, and then plugged in. The device picks up your internet 'thing' and prompts you for the password. Then it just works! It comes with very simple instructions as to how to set it up.

With my Roku Box, I can watch most of my Hulu programs (some programs, though, can be watched only on the computer because Hulu didn't get 'rights' for broadcasting onto TV sets). You can also stream Netflix - if you have a Netflix subscription, and Pandora (music) - again with a subscription. There are oodles of Roku channels with oodles of programs. Free movies, exercise, cooking, news - although I haven't found real-time streaming news yet - radio, music - really lots of stuff. They also have HBO, although I haven't researched that yet. Some of the channels are free, some have a subscription fee. For instance, the Pilates channel I'm looking into now has monthly fee (18.99) that will kick in after my 15-day free trial. The subscription can be cancelled at any time.

The way to get a subscription for these channels is to go to the channel's Roku website, fill in some info, and input a code number that's displayed on the Roku channel. Works like magic...

So, I'm very happy with my Roku box which, by the way is about the size of a hamburger. I'm still exploring all that's on it.

Looking forward to what Philly has to say...I learn so much from Gadget Girl :)

Bunneh, glad you had a good day today :)

Gabi, hope today was better than yesterday :)

PhillyGirl2012
07-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Eskie, I'm glad to see your post! Oh my goodness!! I hope your Mom is ok. Don't be so hard on yourself. Some things just take precedence. I'm sure you'll have a blast at the concert. Enjoy yourself!

Regarding Roku....
Roku is an internet set top box (http://www.roku.com/roku-products#3) that connects to your tv to view internet content. You can connect via hdmi or those red, white yellow wire that I'm sure you've seen before. The difference in the products is hdmi connection, ability to play games and a ethernet and usb port. I have the Roku 2-XS version because I'm working on making my home digital and this has a usb connection for easily viewing media through usb.

You may come across the older versions, but I don't suggest you go with those because the wireless connection is not as good compared to the new version. I have both and the old version is connected via ethernet cable to my router. It's just easier to use the roku box through your wifi so go with the newer versions on the Roku website if you buy it. I linked it above.

There's a lot of content you can watch. Some are paid connections like:
Netflix (has older shows and huge variety of movies)
Hulu Plus (has newer shows and movies)
Amazon Video on Demand (if you are a prime member lots of stuff is free)
HBO GO (must have hbo subscription via cable/satellite company)

If you have a Sony tv or blu ray player you can get a 2-month trial to Hulu Plus.

Some channels are free like Crackle, YouTube, Vimeo, Tune In Radio, international stations, music, podcast, cartoons, etc. The only live streaming station I've found is HSN/QVC and I think a news station.

You can check out the stations here. (http://www.roku.com/roku-channel-store#1)

As you know I LOVE youtube and find a lot of stuff to look at which lets me do that in comfort on my tv instead of the computer. You do need a good internet connection or anything you attempt to watch will buffer as it tries to play.

Whew...Ok, that was a mouthfull. Check out the links above and you can see what the roku looks like and the channels you can watch.

PhillyGirl2012
07-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Exhale, you should check out that other pilates station I linked in yesterday's post. The backdrop is visually stunning and you can see that its professionally made. I'm looking into the beginner program.

Eskielover
07-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks!!

Eskielover
07-11-2012, 01:00 AM
P.S. One more question. I view a TV show on TNT via Amazon since I don't have TNT on my cable line-up. With a Roku box I would be able to view it on my television rather than the computer?

Thanks again.

BTW, my mother is doing some better; thanks for asking. It was scary for the first couple of days as the fall seemed to affect her mind & memory. We're taking her to another Dr. tomorrow for her ankle.

Eskielover

novangel
07-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Today was even worse. Long story short we're understaffed for the 6th time (yes, you read that correctly - the 6th time) and once again all the extra work/hours fall on me. I'm at my wits end. If they don't get someone in there soon I'm gone. Next person they fire leaving me alone I'm gone. That's a done deal. I worked all day without a lunch break. Then I got out of work to find out my son had his arm badly scratched up by another boy at summer camp. Overall I was livid today.

On a good note my BF got called back to union work after being laid off for 20 months. The economy has been really harsh on him. At least he'll be making decent money again and I just pray to God next work season is better. He got a gig with a road work company this time which is exactly what we've been hoping for so I am praying this company calls him out again next year. :carrot: I don't want to get my hopes up this early but it looks like things are looking up for us. ;)

I blew off Jillian again but I barely even ate anything to be honest.

I'll do it tomorrow...I need to go to sleep. :dizzy:

Exhale15
07-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Good morning everyone :sunny:

Philly, I have the Roku 2HD. What does the -XS do beside games? I didn't notice the You-Tube on it....gotta go look :) And I will check out that Pilates class you sent over. Will report back later :)

Gabi, glad things are looking up for your BF, that's great. Sorry about your job #$#% - job #$#% is really a bad thing to go through. Sending good vibes your way for a better day.

Eskie, You too, hope your mom has a quick recovery.

Bunneh, 'I let myself focus on really what felt best for my body'....you know, that's really good, working 'with' instead of 'against'. I'm feeling like a little kid waiting for my Step.....

So, I have some You Tube subscriptions, and this came my way today "Lean & Strong - Strength Training and Toning Workout for Fat Loss' Looks interesting....

Have a great day everyone :carrot:

PhillyGirl2012
07-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Eskie, So glad your Mom is on the mend. I know I wrote a lot, but the device really is easy to operate. You wrote "I view a TV show on TNT via Amazon". Do you watch this show on your computer using Amazon Video on Demand?

Exhale, they do have a youtube station, but not all of the videos are on there. I was hoping that all the beginner sessions were, but there are only a few. The xs has a usb port and a ethernet port. I like having the ethernet in case the wifi goes wonky. I use the usb port to save bandwith. I just copy whatever I want to watch from my computer onto a flash drive and connect it to the roku. Remember I encoded my entire dvd collection into .mp4's. Happy coincidence that this is the format that roku uses.

Gabi, my brother just had a breakdown for that very reason. He took off sick for almost two weeks. He laughs at his boss cause apparently he couldn't handle my brother's work site that he supervises. It's a shame, but managers often abuse the good workers. Hopefully they will hire someone soon. Great news about your bf work situation. Blowing off Jill is understandable, but you need to eat for your own health and strength.

bunneh, Kari Anderson is such a great instructor. Wow, you did the whole workout :carrot:

I'm at work and its such a nice day out. I should've brought my walking shoes to work. I did not get my workout in last night on account of working late, offered to drop off my girlfriend and was crazy hungry by the time I got home. I have jury duty tomorrow and not looking forward to it.

novangel
07-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Philly, I can see why your brother snapped. I wish I had the guts to speak up for myself because they're taking advantage (over and over) and it's not fair but I worry about compromising my job security. I say things but I'm too nice about it. At the same time it's taking a toll on my mental well-being not knowing if they're going to get me another girl to help out soon or what. I'm going to figure something out here soon cause this isn't gonna fly with me. I'm only nice so long. They need to be more proactive.

I'll be back to exercise tonight for sure.

PhillyGirl2012
07-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Philly, I can see why your brother snapped. I wish I had the guts to speak up for myself because they're taking advantage (over and over) and it's not fair but I worry about compromising my job security. I say things but I'm too nice about it. At the same time it's taking a toll on my mental well-being not knowing if they're going to get me another girl to help out soon or what. I'm going to figure something out here soon cause this isn't gonna fly with me. I'm only nice so long. They need to be more proactive.

I'll be back to exercise tonight for sure.

When he snapped he worked over 100 hours and needed time off. He was told no. He looks out for his staff, but his manager doesn't look out for him. He went over his head. I do understand about job security, but if he'd gotten fired there were so many things wrong with his company having him work all those hours. He's in the mental health field and works for a big company. There are certain rules they have to follow.

You'd be surprised how the climate can change if you speak up for yourself. And not having time to take lunch is a huge problem. If you pass out at work that's a whole other issue they will have to deal with. Your supervisor/manager are paid to make sure rules are followed, tasks are completed and provide staff coverage. If they don't have staff then they are supposed to step in and do the work needed. Please don't let this go on cause it sounds like you are at a breaking point too.

Exhale15
07-11-2012, 04:15 PM
...I wish I had the guts to speak up for myself because they're taking advantage (over and over) and it's not fair but I worry about compromising my job security. I say things but I'm too nice about it. At the same time it's taking a toll on my mental well-being not knowing if they're going to get me another girl to help out soon or what. I'm going to figure something out here soon cause this isn't gonna fly with me. I'm only nice so long...

Gabi, I really feel for you, because I've been there, big time....This stress is bad for you. While you like your work-outs and are getting great results, consider doing some 'restorative' things, like yoga, sitting cross-legged and breathing - counting your breaths slowly to 10 over and over, and doing 'legs up the wall' pose: find some clear wall, sit along side it, then swing your legs up along the wall so your butt is against the wall and your legs are comfortable up along the wall. Lie back, bring your arms a bit away from you, close your eyes....you can add an eye pillow. Take a couple of deep belly breaths, and then just focus on you breath, without trying to control it. Stay in this position for 5 to 10 minutes, or as long as comfortable. This is good for you, as long as you don't have uncontrolled high blood pressure, or eye pressure/glaucoma/detached retina.

Sending good vibes your way.....

Exhale15
07-11-2012, 07:31 PM
OK, today was upper body with 10-lb weights.

Have a great evening :)

Lulu Jones
07-11-2012, 08:36 PM
This is such a great thread....In general I notice a lot of talk about food but staying active is so so so important to our health and wellness as well. I am committing to 2 yoga classes and 2 strength building sessions per week.

Thanks for letting me share,

novangel
07-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks everyone for letting me vent and offering up advice. :hug: I have faith that everything in the end will be ok.

Onward! Back to Jill. :carrot:

BTW, she posted a pic on FB today with bird poop down her shirt from her pet bird. I told her it was karma for trying to kill me Sunday night. :D Hopefully she read it. :lol:

BBL to report.

Exhale15
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
....I am committing to 2 yoga classes and 2 strength building sessions per week...

Hi Lulu, what type of yoga do you practice? :)

Hi Gabi, '...pic on FB today with bird poop down her shirt from her pet bird. I told her it was karma for trying to kill me Sunday night...' :rofl:

Lulu Jones
07-11-2012, 09:38 PM
This is such a great thread....In general I notice a lot of talk about food but staying active is so so so important to our health and wellness as well. I am committing to 2 yoga classes and 2 strength building sessions per week.

novangel
07-11-2012, 11:26 PM
I smoked on Jill tonight! :strong: Holy crap I have to go lay down... ~Warrior Princess

PhillyGirl2012
07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Good Morning All!

I'm about to leave for jury duty. I'm just hoping they don't keep me all day. I decided to relax and eat my breakfast instead of having it on the go.

Exhale, 10lbs! you go girl!!

Gabi, sounds like you rocked too! She has been known to respond. I wrote about her body revolution infomercial and she didn't know it was released. She wrote me individually and not in the main thread. The was way back early in the year

Eskie, hope all is well.

Ok, I'm off to do my civic duty!

Exhale15
07-12-2012, 03:07 PM
So I got home early to find a great big box at my door :carrot: Bunneh, this Step is a real thing of beauty! It's so sturdy...what type of shoes do you use with it?

Now that I have my Step, my Hulu, my Roku, BluRay, DVD, FitnessBlender, YouTube, free weights, ipod, yoga mat, blocks, and strap, I think I can say bye bye to the gym that I'm going to twice a week :o and get some exercise :dizzy: (Oh, and I forgot the various Pilates, yoga, and zumba classes for the periodical 30-day specials!)

This dvd looks like fun, a little complicated, but it'll keep me focused...

Hope everyone's having a great day :)

TheBunneh
07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Exhale - I just use my regular cross trainers that I wear with other workouts. I'd recommend shoes that don't have too bulky of a sole/tread though, so that it doesn't trip you up when stepping on and off. I prefer complicated choreography with lots of jumps and spins so I have to make sure I don't wear shoes that will catch on the step.

I had to take a rest day yesterday. Today I did TurboFire 45, though I did a lot of the modifiers.

novangel
07-13-2012, 12:38 AM
So yeah...work stress, kid stress and TOM all at once today. No Jill but I ate good, I'm still sore from last night anyway.

Try again tomorrow. Goodnight, ladies.

Exhale15
07-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Happy Friday all :coffee2:

This 'cooler' weather has been great. Slept like a log. Scale is holding steady, though, that little tease a couple of days ago hasn't returned...but it's there, somewhere...on second thought...let's flip this....a steady scale is great! No upswings other that the usual +/- pound or two. That's not a BAD thing....lot's of 'behind the scale' work going on :cp:

Off to my day - see ya later...

Exhale15
07-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Uh oh....where'd they Go :o

Stepper was great fun today :) And so convenient. I'm going to like this :carrot:

Hope everyone had a good day.....

novangel
07-13-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm still here. Crabby, but here.

Scale still holding at 150p for me too. Better than going up but I wish it would go down. SOB won't budge.

Off to do Jillian.

TheBunneh
07-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Took a rest day today. I'm going to try to do at least Walk Away the Pounds tomorrow. I'm planning for another big hike on Sunday if things go right.

novangel
07-14-2012, 12:42 AM
I made it about 5 minutes into Jillian and had to stop. My hormones are all out of whack with TOM, hormone fluxuations make me have PVC's (extra heart beats that feel like a skip) which are very uncomfortable even though they're harmless. I'm going to start up again Sunday night.

I need a mental break; this week was very rough on me.

Goodnight everyone.

Exhale15
07-14-2012, 09:28 AM

Gabi, you've had a rough week. Hope you're going to do something fun for yourself today :)

Bunneh, good to take brakes, I think. Especially when you have that gorgeous scenery to look forward to tomorrow!

Philly ??? Where ARE you :?:

I attended my own personal salt-and-fat fest yesterday. Don't feel particularly bad today - except for being puffy - so I punished myself by getting on the scale. I think that's where they got the expression 'scales of justice' !

OK, off to get dressed and out! Today is fresh air day for me :)
Have a good one !

novangel
07-14-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm getting a (well-deserved!) pedicure and then off to enjoy my day. My son has a b-day party to go to and then we're going to the local festival. I'm not going anywhere from this site; just taking a short mental vacation. My scale is holding steady. :)

PhillyGirl2012
07-14-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm here!!

The last couple of days have been super busy. I had jury duty on thursday and thankfully I didn't get picked. Friday was spent catching up at work and then a super shopping trip after work. I was spent after that. My brother and mom are here so I wanted to make sure there was food for us. The weather is wonky today and everyone knows I don't like the heat or humidity so I am at home today.

Exhale, lol at your own salt and fat feast. The part I hate about these feast is if you splurge and the food isn't good. I still think its good for your sanity to have these. OMG...You got your step...Yay!! What workout did you do? Did you ever get to practice on the floor like I suggested?

Gabi, You deserve a mental break. I hope you enjoy your day out with your son.

Bunneh, I didn't know you had turbofire. I love Chalean! Did you ever find a step workout that you liked?

Eskie, I hope your mom is still healing favorably.

My brother and I are watching a movie on netflix so I am chillin right now. BBL.

TheBunneh
07-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Philly - Really? I've posted about TurboFire a lot here in the past... I have found lots of step workouts I like. Hot Steps with Kari Anderson is probably my favorite though.

I ended up doing the hike today, so I'll probably take a rest day tomorrow.

PhillyGirl2012
07-14-2012, 10:21 PM
I experimented with my ninja tonight and made pumpkin hummus. My co-worker brought in a container to taste and I was sure I could duplicate it at home. The result was very good and my brother likes it a lot. My mom won't be eating it since its classified as healthy.

PhillyGirl2012
07-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Philly - Really? I've posted about TurboFire a lot here in the past... I have found lots of step workouts I like. Hot Steps with Kari Anderson is probably my favorite though.

I ended up doing the hike today, so I'll probably take a rest day tomorrow.

Hmm, I read everything and must be having a brain break. Anywho, the only step I have from Kari is her beginner one. I don't like complex choreography at all and look for this when picking new workouts.

novangel
07-15-2012, 12:36 AM
I used to hate hummus but I recently discovered there's 2 flavors I like, one being garlic and the other I can't recall right now but it's spicy. Brain fog.

Today went well but I'm very fatigued and crampy with TOM. I really hope and pray next week is better. I'm already worrying. :/

I plan to do Jillian done tomorrow night just as long as my body cooperates.

Goodnight. :yawn:

PhillyGirl2012
07-15-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm not a fan of it either, but the pumpkin version tastes like dessert.

PhillyGirl2012
07-15-2012, 05:11 AM
If you are looking for a dvd rental deal, Blockbuster online has a 6-month deal (https://www.blockbuster.com/signup/m/shipPayment/p.30415/r.dell/pc.specialoffer/) for $1. I just joined and used a prepaid amex card that I have. Looking at my blockbuster account, my next billing date is January 16, 2013.

Exhale15
07-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Good morning!

Recommitment Sunday - back to basics.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/ is a great resource for nutritional data on foods and you can put together recipes as well. Philly, I'm going to try that Pumpkin Hummus!

I'm enjoying my stepper, doing the Cathe Friedrich dvd that came with it. I haven't tried the other vids, Philly, although I made up a playlist for rotation.

My plan for this week is : Walking, stepping, and Ilaria Abs/push-ups. And I'm cooking my own food.

See ya later, have a beautiful day everyone :)

PhillyGirl2012
07-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Happy Sunday Everyone!!

Exhale, I've used nutritiondata before and it is a good site for tracking. My brother was looking at my roku and he said there's so much to look at that I don't know why you still have cable. He spent most of the day in Netflix land until I showed him Amazon video on demand. I like re commitment sunday. I already cooked a chicken in my crockpot and will make Rachel Ray's Sausage, lentil, kale stew. I'm using a combination of ground turkey and turkey sausage.

Gabi, it's a shame you suffer so much with TOM. For many when the diet is low in triggers like sugar and exercise brings different hormone's into play that tom symptoms should decrease. I hope the week won't be to bad for you.

Bunneh, I hope you're enjoying your rest day.

Exhale15
07-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Ugh! Was out most of the day walking/shopping, got in, had some iced tea and tried to do some stepping but am just out of gas. Stepping is really good cardio - it's fun, but I need real simple moves - My plan is to do 2 or 3 of the basic moves to a 'walking'/dance dvd while I build up some stamina and coordination (!) This is going to get me in shape :carrot:

Philly, I can't imagine ever going back to cable. I'm so content with my Roku box :)

Hope everyone's having a great day :)

Exhale15
07-15-2012, 06:43 PM
So, I want to run something by you guys.

I was out with a friend the other day and we were in the bag department. Now, lately, I've been preferring to carry a small bag, because it's easier to walk around with a smaller bag. Even if it's a small bag plus a small tote, it's still less stuff than if I have a bigbig bag. We were looking at some beautiful small cross-body bags, and I mentioned this to her, and she said something to the effect of '...That's interesting, I'd wouldn't think to wear a small bag, but you're bigger than me , but not much, and it's fine for you...so I'll think about it...' I kinda half-heard this because I was mesmerized by the bag collection, but she mentioned it again later while we were shopping around, and I just replied - oh sure, it's easier to walk with less stuff. Later in the day she mentioned that, even under my baggy clothes, you could tell I was svelte - that's neither here nor there...what struck me was the 'bigger than' comment.

Now, there is a difference between the words 'big' and 'tall'. And I'm a couple inches taller than she, but she didn't say 'tall', she said 'big'.

Part of me is sad about this. There's never been any reference, in the past, to 'size', and now that I'm happier and more healthy there's mention. I wonder if it resulted in my 'fat and salt fest' the other day. Like me dropping more weight would force some additional comments that I'd have to address.... I dunno.... And part of me wants to really kick it up a couple of notches, pull a 'How You Like Me Now' come the Fall and show her what 'svelte' really looks like.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent....

PhillyGirl2012
07-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Exhale, it sounds like she's projecting her own insecurities. It's funny because I carry a small bag and a small carry all bag throughout the work week. I carry the small bag because I find a bigger bag puts more strain on my back and the two bags kind of even out the load. Anyway, I never equated the size of the bag with the size of the person. How is her mood? Is she a complainer or sad person? I ask because your mood is not like that and if her's is and you two used to bounce the negativity off of each other than she no longer has that. Ok, that sentence sounds weird, but I hope you get the point.

Exhale15
07-15-2012, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't say she's a negative person, but I'm definitely a happier person these days. I had a huge amount of personal and work stress several months ago and I was really sick and miserable with it. I took the bull by the horns, started addressing issues and change my situation, and that's freed me up to have the energy to take better care of myself. It's funny that on one hand she says she's happy for me and on the other there these comments. Maybe there was always something 'off' under the surface but in my funk/stress state I didn't notice. Maybe she was more comfortable with me in an unhappy state. There's a kind of stability in steady misery....

I dunno, I rather think that this was a fluke and, as you said a reflection of her own insecurities... What I do know is that I really like being happy and seeing my life back in the right direction. But I'm uncomfortable addressing this type of 'thing'...someone else would have raised comment/question then and there...

PhillyGirl2012
07-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Maybe she was more comfortable with me in an unhappy state. There's a kind of stability in steady misery....

This was where I was leading up to. If she really is a "friend" then discuss your feelings with her. Hopefully she won't blow it off like its all in your mind. Maybe she really didn't mean how it sounded. But, if she gets defensive that is not a positive response.

novangel
07-15-2012, 11:57 PM
It's either a total fluke or she's somewhat annoyed that you're getting your life/body together. I have a friend (well, we're currently "separated") that started treating me different once I stopped drinking. Misery loves company.

Ok, I got Jillian done. I wasn't ready for it but I told my body "too bad". :lol:

Gonna hit the shower and say my prayers for tomorrow. Hoping for a better week.

novangel
07-16-2012, 10:23 AM
OMG!! 149.0!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

TheBunneh
07-16-2012, 11:14 AM
:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

:cheer: novangel Yay!

novangel
07-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks Bunneh :hug: Lowest weight since 2004ish. :) Good way to start off the week that's for sure.

Exhale15
07-16-2012, 03:01 PM
:congrat::congrat::congrat:
Well done Warrior Princess !

PhillyGirl2012
07-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Yay Gabi!! :carrot: Guess that break did you some good.

TheBunneh
07-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Well today was pretty much a fail. I'm extra exhausted, and I've had a lot of the random "panic episodes" my Neuro believes are simple partial seizures. They are an absolutely horrible feeling. My heart races, my head feels like it's expanding, vision gets blurry, mouth feels "fuzzy," everything around me feels surreal, and no matter how deeply and evenly I breathe it feels like there's no oxygen in the room. They happen randomly when I'm not at all upset/scared/panicked about anything but it feels like an anxiety attack. I'm not sure what's causing them right now since I haven't missed any doses of my Keppra... I suppose it could be that I've had restless sleep the last few nights. I'm pretty sure lack of sleep can cause a lowered seizure threshold.

Anyway, I ended up only doing about 20 minutes of Reach for my workout, and didn't even finish all the housework... I feel really guilty but I also don't want to push and exacerbate things. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I decided to put off getting a new fridge and spent money on some comfortable quality hiking clothes and a good backpack instead, so I'm looking forward to another nice hike this weekend. I'm going to try not to over-do things too much during the week so I'm not burnt out when it comes around.

Exhale15
07-16-2012, 07:52 PM
I walked a couple of miles today, and that's it. It's getting hot again. It's supposed to be Hot tomorrow and Wednesday. This heat and air quality don't agree with me. And my place is warm.

It occurred to me that when it's Hot, creatures take it easy. I'm a creature. I'm taking it easy 'till it cools off.

Gabi, great going :)
Philly - stay cool.
Bunneh, good call getting hiking gear :) Feel better soon.

PhillyGirl2012
07-16-2012, 08:45 PM
I was somewhat of a slug today. Me and my brother were up until 3am chatting. Then I had to take my mom to her destination at 6am. It was extremely humid even at that hour. When I got home I determined that the majority of the week would have sucky weather so I did laundry. I took naps during the dry cycles, but ended up totally crashing about 4pm. I am extremely thankful that I have central air, but that also makes me not want to go outside. I don't like the heat and coupled with humidity I find it difficult to function.

My girlfriends daughter wants to do Insanity to lose weight for her junior prom. I'm surprised that she is thinking of that now. She's a good kid and a great student, so I burned her a copy. I'm dying to see how she does.

We seemed to have dismissed our little challenge. In the end it would've been exhale and I anyway. I must admit though that I'm finding it difficult to focus on workouts these days.

Bunneh, I think the housework would have been enough in that state if you really wanted to do something. That has to be a scary thing to go through especially when its unexpected. Maybe you'll get some sleep tonight and will feel better tomorrow.

Exhale, OMG...you walked out in that heat today!? Please take it easy.

novangel
07-16-2012, 10:05 PM
My heart races, my head feels like it's expanding, vision gets blurry, mouth feels "fuzzy," everything around me feels surreal, and no matter how deeply and evenly I breathe it feels like there's no oxygen in the room. They happen randomly when I'm not at all upset/scared/panicked about anything but it feels like an anxiety attack.

You're describing panic attacks. I know all too well about those I've had anxiety/panic disorder on and off for many years, they happen random and w/o warning. I shocked a neuro would tell you these are seizures. :?: I don't like to give unsolicited advice but I would contact a Psychiatrist. It's nothing dangerous but you will want to get this resolved.

Off to do Jillian.

novangel
07-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Ok, done taking my beating. :faint: Goodnight. :)

Exhale15
07-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Good morning :coffee2:

Made my Step into an incline bench and did upper body this morning with 5 and 10 lbs, plus nice overhead stretching with that 6 pound 'medicine ball'. It took all of 10 minutes or so, and I'm feeling my arms now :) Put me in the right frame of mind to make good choices for myself today.

Philly, I was thinking about the challenge earlier yesterday, and re-membered it reading your post last night. How about this for the duration of the summer: as a minimum, (1) get in the water; (2) get in one 'strong' work out a week; (3) on alternate days do upper body or abs. So at some point before the week is up, I'll get in a step or mixed body workout, and on other days when it's too hot or I'm otherwise feeling drained, I'll do upper body stuff or abs. Enough to keep my head in the game. I figure if I do this, at least I won't look back on the summer and see I wasted my time...The alternate day sessions can be as simple as a couple of crunches or dreaded push-up attempts for a couple of minutes. Does that sound do-able? Interested?

Stay cool and happy guys :sunny:

TheBunneh
07-17-2012, 10:49 AM
You're describing panic attacks. I know all too well about those I've had anxiety/panic disorder on and off for many years, they happen random and w/o warning. I shocked a neuro would tell you these are seizures. :?: I don't like to give unsolicited advice but I would contact a Psychiatrist. It's nothing dangerous but you will want to get this resolved.

Off to do Jillian.

Yes, I used to think they were panic attacks. I do have epilepsy though (I've had several tonic clonic seizures), and simple partial seizures can mock panic attacks (and the surreal, "this is a dream," jamais vu feeling which I didn't describe much is also a big symptom of simple partial seizures). The episodes have decreased very significantly since I've started Keppra, so I think he's probably right.

novangel
07-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Ok, so upper arms looking much better; I'm no longer self-consious. :) Stomach looks as good as it's gonna get for having a 9p baby that stretched it out, love handles are diminished by 80% and thighs are good. I saw my rear naked in the mirror last night. O_O Still some work to do.

PhillyGirl2012
07-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Exhale, that totally sounds doable! It actually takes some pressure off and gets me to doing something. I actually thought about the wasted time thing yesterday. Mainly after I posted on burn the fat, feed the muscle and noticed we are rounding week 6 with no significant improvement on the scale. Although, my middle feels less fluffy and people have told me I've lost. So even though I'm not up to par with keeping with my program something is working for me.

Bunneh, how you feeling today?

gabi, do you have a stability ball? Using that works the butt very well like bridge with calves on the ball and you roll the ball towards you. In the end your feet are on the ball and you roll back out. That hits your butt and hamstrings. I planned to do that more. Here's a good youtube vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=lLmqhsrQ1wQ). Also deadlifts with heavy weight. Even if you don't have heavy weight and have exercise bands you could wrap the band around the dumbbell for more resistance. Like Cathe is doing here with a one armed row
http://cathe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/2010-hr-one-arm-row-w-band-ssk_9045.jpg

TheBunneh
07-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Much better today, Philly, thank you. =)

I did about 15 minutes on my stationary bike today, and a few arms exercises. I'm hoping for something more strenuous tomorrow but it will depend on how well my body is cooperating.

I hope you all have a great evening. :flow1:

novangel
07-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Philly, I had an entire reply written and then lost it when I hit "submit". :mad:

Anyway, I don't have a stability ball anymore I left it behind when I moved because it's much smaller space here and have nowhere to store it. Thanks for posting the vid. I can do hip raises using a foot rest, I can't roll but I will still have to use my booty muscles to raise my body off the floor. ;)

ETA: Skipping Jill, it's No Ambition Tuesday. I never want to work out on Tuesday's for some reason. I'm off work tomorrow so I may go out jogging during the day for extra credit. G' nite!

Lulu Jones
07-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Hey everyone, so I am not doing your specific challenge but I have promised myself that I would do yoga to days a week and strength training 2 days per week. So far so good. Went the the gym last night and totally kicked butt lifting weights. I felt strong, fit and empowered. Tmrw evening I will go to a yoga class. I will keep you all posted.

Lulu

Exhale15
07-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi guys,
Got zero sleep last night, between the heat and my kitty 'talking' to herself all night. She's a senior citizen, and has developed this meow-chatter thing at night. My vet says it's due to her age; also, she sleeps more during the day and less at night, especially in this heat she's up and chattering, I'm trying to sleep, and we are both HOT. I think tonight is thunderstorms; hopefully that will cool things down and we can both get some sleep.

Liking the way my arms are looking - some form under the softness, and my sides are coming in. Later for some ab work.

Lulu, yoga class sounds nice - what type of class is it? There's a hot yoga class across the street from me - not Bikram, but some sort of mix. I've tried it a couple of times, it was really tough, I sat out a lot of it, but I felt really great afterward. I've also taken 'room temperature' classes....I think it's all good. As far as exercise goes, this heat does not agree with me, so I've committed to one 'big' workout a week and other days alternating abs and upper body. :)

Bunneh, hope your feeling well today.

Philly, stay cool.

Gabi, I'm trying to stay on track...this heat is bad, but I'm chipping away at it. I keep thinking 'what would Warrior Princess do' and that gets me doing at least a little something, to tide me over until the big 'TaDa'.....:)

Stay cool and on track - whatever that may be :angel:

novangel
07-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Hi guys,
Gabi, I'm trying to stay on track...this heat is bad, but I'm chipping away at it. I keep thinking 'what would Warrior Princess do' and that gets me doing at least a little something, to tide me over until the big 'TaDa'.

I'm happy to motivate. :D

I wanted to go out and jog/walk today but it was about 90 degrees and raining on and off so I never got out there. I ran errands instead and now it's back to Jillian tonight. :carrot: (I'm not really enthused but I'm trying)

novangel
07-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Exhale, I just noticed you only have 4 pounds left to lose! I need to catch up! ;)

Exhale15
07-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Ugh! Today the weather was absolutely Bad. I think we hit mid 90s. Out walking, I was waiting for the bus, that wasn't anywhere in sight. I walked a couple of blocks, waited, walked more, waited etc. etc. I finally got the bus, and happily rode it home for 5 blocks.

Got in some abs today to stay in the game. Also, reviewed Kari Anderson's GO Step dvd. This looks like something I can follow. Tomorrow will be cooler (it's already getting better after the rain), Friday better still, so it's on....

Gabi, my ticker says '4', but that's a short-term goal...I don't really have a 'goal', what's do-able doesn't seem like enough, and what I'd like (20) seems impossible these days. So I'm taking it bit by bit...

Philly, Bunneh, hope you had a good day :)

Um, Gabi, I'm adding some Will Power Dust to my signature.....Plus a birthday cake - my BD is 11/15, and I want to be at my BEST.

TheBunneh
07-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Exhale Kari Anderson's GO was the first step workout I tried. Loved it. Hope it works for you! =)

I did some strength work today, probably rest day tomorrow.

Exhale15
07-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks Bunneh, I'll report back on it tomorrow night :)

novangel
07-18-2012, 11:06 PM
I really struggled tonight to stay focused but I got Jillian done. I got my sweat on even though I'm blah today...eye on the prize!

Exhale, as crazy as it sounds losing 20+ seemed much easier than losing just 5 or 10p. The last bit of weight that I've been hanging on to for years is such a PITA. I'm not minimizing your struggle, just pointing out the irony of some things in life. I know it seems impossible but I think you will get there for your Birthday! We'll have a cyber party. :p

Bad storms coming so I'm going to hop in the shower and pray the power doesn't get knocked out. :/

novangel
07-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Well THAT was interesting. I don't want to speak too soon but I'm shocked I still have power, flickered 3 times. Crazy lightning and 60mph winds at least. Mother nature is PMSing.

Exhale15
07-19-2012, 09:05 AM
...Exhale, as crazy as it sounds losing 20+ seemed much easier than losing just 5 or 10p. The last bit of weight that I've been hanging on to for years is such a PITA. I'm not minimizing your struggle, just pointing out the irony of some things in life. I know it seems impossible but I think you will get there for your Birthday! We'll have a cyber party. :p ...

Ahhhh, it is so much more comfortable today. And got good sleep. :)

OK Gabi, party it will be. I've been putting in '4 pound effort' and maintaining, when I should be putting in 50 pound effort to knock off 20 ..... The heat is an issue, but even so, there is space for tweaking.

I have to convince myself that I really can create what I want here.

Glad you still have electricity.

Philly, Bunneh, have a great day :) See ya later....

PhillyGirl2012
07-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Hello Everyone!!

It's still quite humid this morning, but somehow felt better than the last couple of days. I had to fight with the pharmacy yesterday which made me go outside when I didn't want to and I was not happy about that. I'm enjoying my brother's company, but we've been up late every night. I'm so glad tomorrow is friday!

exhale, relief is on the way. Go Step is one of my fav's.

gabi, our lights flickered too and that's unusual to have that happen. I lite some candles, but the storm passed without loss of electricity. My mom is funny though because the first sign of thunder and lightening she turns off the tv and lights and just sits there in the dark.

bunneh, Enjoy your rest day!

Exhale15
07-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Got it done :) the warm-up, first session, and cool down. It was fun and I liked it. The rhythm is kinda soothing once you get into it. I feel worked out and refreshed - kinda like zumba...

It's really nice to work out at home. No worrying about gym clothes, schlepping things back and forth, etc. Where has this been all my life?

Philly? did you say the pharmacy wouldn't let you stay in and cool off ? :(

Gabi and Bunneh, hope you're having a good day.

Redredbird
07-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Im wrecked- in the best possible way! Road Colorado hills for 20 miles...ish, my sped did not work. But I feel great.

WTG- for all you hard working ladies (and gents?) who are out there sweat those bodies!!!

Happy Thursday. Lest all make it a great weekend to come..

~red

novangel
07-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi Red! :wave: :welcome:

novangel
07-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Ok guys, Jillian done. :faint: I just have to get through tomorrow night and then I get Saturday off. Thank goodness because I have zero steam this week but have somehow managed to stay on track. I'm laying here dying like this is new to me. I don't know if it's the weather or what. :?:

We're still short staffed at work so I got volunteered to work Saturday when I could be at the pool with my son. So annoyed!! *insert swear words here*

Anyway, hope everyone had a good day. G' nite.

PhillyGirl2012
07-20-2012, 12:13 AM
I went to the movies tonight with my brother. We saw the movie Ted. THE MOST STUPID MOVIE I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME AND HAVE NO DESIRE TO SEE IT AGAIN! He's a little down in the dumps because of his job so I let him pic the movie. I'm not into any type of horror at all so it was either Ted or Spiderman or some hero type movie. If he had his way we would go at midnight to see Batman.

I really have to get back to my program because I'm feeling a bit fluffy these days. I did have popcorn tonight and I can literally see my calves swell from the salt. I've been up late every night this week. Hopefully baby brother rest time with me this week has eased his mind somewhat. The things we do for our families.

Gabi, working on a saturday? I know its nice to have the extra money, but any news on when they will hire more staff?

Red, nice to meet you! You sound like you are into your program.

Exhale, no to staying in the pharmacy. Long story with the pharmacy. What workout did you do, I missed it.

I'm off to attempt to wind down so I can get to bed before midnight for once this week.

novangel
07-20-2012, 01:15 AM
No idea, Philly.

Edited for work TMI

Aren't you glad you asked? :)

Exhale15
07-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Morning guys,

Oh, it was so nice and cool yesterday late afternoon - Relief !

Gabi, sorry you have to work tomorrow. Have to say, you are not only physically strong, but mentally strong as well to deal with the major work aggravation.
Philly, I did the Kari Anderson's GO Step dvd. It was fun and I felt it afterward. I also found a '10 minute warm-up' on youtube - in German - with really basic steps and I strung together 3 of those + a short yoga session and that's what I'm trying today. I've realized that, in order for me to keep on track, I have to think in 3-day increments...for both exercise and food. After 3-days, I have to re-group. So as long as I recognize this, I can work with it. :)
Bunneh, hope you're well and happy today :)
Red, welcome !

I'll be 'back' to catch up on Sunday evening....have a great weekend :dancer:

TheBunneh
07-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Red Hi! :wave:

Exhale Glad you liked the workout!

Gabi Hope things settle down at work for you soon. :(

I'm not sure what workout I'll do today, it will depend heavily on how I feel this afternoon. I'm hoping for TurboFire or an Amy Dixon workout though.

I went out and bought Chalene Johnson's book PUSH last night. I'd checked it out from my library earlier this year but wasn't actually ready to make the full commitment to the 30 day goal setting program. I feel good about it now though.

I also got "The world according to Mister Rodgers" on clearance. It's a little compilation of quotes from him. =)

I hope you all have a lovely day.

PhillyGirl2012
07-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Gabi, lol! Wow, didn't know actual reputable companies used craigs list to post jobs. I mean I've heard of it, but I would think they would get a better response posting through the local paper or actual employment website. But like you said its a half @ssed attempt to locate someone.

Bunneh, Chaeleane is one of my favorite trainers. Let us know more as you get into the book.

Exhale, Wow, what a way to realize what will work for you. I like the 3-day increment. Taking little chunks of time to focus sounds interesting.

I am so ready for this day to be over. It's raining on and off, but the air is better than earlier this week. I think the high is 80 tomorrow. I hope it doesn't get more humid on account of the rain.

novangel
07-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Gabi, lol! Wow, didn't know actual reputable companies used craigs list to post jobs. I mean I've heard of it, but I would think they would get a better response posting through the local paper or actual employment website. But like you said its a half @ssed attempt to locate someone.

She was supposed to also put it on our local newspaper website but she didn't. We only told her 10 times. I give up.

TheBunneh
07-20-2012, 08:36 PM
I might have to take another rest day today. I'm tired enough I fell asleep on the drive to the grocery store (don't worry, I was a passenger, not the driver!). I think TOM may be coming early. I'm thinking I will try to do pilates tonight, but I still have to take a trip to Costco if I can muster it so we'll see.

Gabi Are you being compensated for the extra work you're putting in?

PhillyGirl2012
07-20-2012, 09:56 PM
I so wish a Costco was near me. I hear there are some pretty good deals there.

F.Y.I.
I found a really good looking chocolate cupcake recipe on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MERYyJ95HpI&feature=g-all-u) that's dairy free. I never made a dairy free dessert, but this one looks very simple and easy. Added it to my fav's to try one day.

EDIT-I just told my brother that we will start the day with a green smoothie. The look on his face is priceless. I've been watching how people are blending their green smoothies on facebook. This will be an interesting experiment.

novangel
07-20-2012, 11:16 PM
No Bunneh, but plan to ask for a raise very soon. I'm just waiting for the right moment...or to have a back up job in place just incase things go awry.

I'm trying to get motivated for Jillian. One more time and then rest day tomorrow.

novangel
07-21-2012, 01:33 AM
I made it through even though I didn't want to do it. Off till Sunday night, thank goodness. I'm spent.

Goodnight. :yawn:

PhillyGirl2012
07-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Happy Saturday!!

I hope everyone is doing well. The weather is much better today and I may go out and enjoy it.

TheBunneh
07-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Leaving for a hike in a few minutes. We're hoping to get up to the first waterfall at least... which means we'll be out somewhere between three to five hours. (We're bringing dinner with us to eat at the falls).

Wish me luck! I'm going to try to hardest to get as far as I can, even if I move at a snail's pace and take lots of rests.

PhillyGirl2012
07-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Bunneh, sounds fun! You may get more energy in those surroundings. Take more pictures.

PhillyGirl2012
07-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Gabi, I hope you're having as pleasant a day as possible at work.

Exhale, Are you out enjoying the cooler weather?

So I made a green smoothie today using coconut milk, arugula, cucumber, baby carrot, apple, strawberries and a little orange juice. My brother was up all night watching project freetv on the roku so he wasn't awake when I made it. I put the rest in snack bags and froze it. He tried one of the bagged ones when he woke up, but was scared of the thought of the 'green' part. It wasn't frozen all the way through but was wonderfully cold. He liked it more as he was drinking it.

So the ninja did ok with the veggies, but not completely. I'm not sure if it would've mixed better with more mixing time. I didn't want the mixture to get too warm though and I didn't want to add ice. In the end it was good and didn't taste like veggies. I must admit it took some time for me to get over the color. There was lots of pulp. I chose not to strain it because that would take away a lot of the fiber.

So my second experiment was finding something to make with leftover turkey and sausage meat I browned earlier in the week. I came across zucchini boats on skinnytaste.com Surprisingly I had zucchini because I wanted to use it with my spiralini. I made my own sauce using a can of diced tomato and a can of ro-tel diced tomato with chili. I blended it in the ninja and it was super good. You scoop out the inside of the veggie, fill it with meat sauce and top with shredded cheese and bake. So that was the second successful experiment of the day.

novangel
07-21-2012, 09:04 PM
I ate very bad today. Just being honest. Coffee and donut for breakfast, no lunch, Italian beef with mozz and fries for dinner. I was starving by dinner so I made a fast/bad decision. Life goes on.

Work was work. I contacted my boss after we all left today. He said some resumes came through that he looked over Friday. Ok, fine. Craigslist got us a few hits but why an Ad still isn't in The Herald (reputable local newspaper) I have no idea. He wasn't aware that one wasn't placed but he knows now. I asked him not to tell OM I contacted him about the Ad because I don't need any work drama, I just wanted to know wtf is going on. We shall see. I'll probably be fired Monday. :lol:

I hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm sitting here looking like the Michelin Man.

PhillyGirl2012
07-21-2012, 09:18 PM
He wasn't aware that one wasn't placed but he knows now.

:lol: guess you are speaking up :lol:

novangel
07-21-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm so bloated. :/

TheBunneh
07-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Ahhh, my legs... my feeeeet! But I made it up to the waterfall! :D And in pretty decent time. We got to the waterfall in about two hours (which is a gain of about 1,500 feet of elevation from the base of the trail head). We hung around the falls for about an hour and a half, then made it back to the car in just about an hour.

I'll post pictures tomorrow, too tired to go through and resize them now.

PhillyGirl2012
07-22-2012, 01:13 AM
My brother was looking for something sweet to snack on the other night. When he told me the next day I said "oh, you could've had a kind bar, pistachio nuts or maybe some back to nature vanilla wafers or fruit". He looked at me and sighed. He said that was not the kind of sweets he was looking for. So, it seems my idea of sweets has drastically changed....lol. I just thought this was funny.

Exhale15
07-22-2012, 09:14 AM
HI guys, internet is funky so this is a quick hello. Friday was good, yesterday not so much.

Gabi, I feel your bloat! Hope this coming work week finds you some relief from the $#$%.
Bunneh, glad you got your hike in.
Philly, sounds like you're enjoying your Ninja :) I am loving this cooler weather ! And finding more German step warm-ups on you-tube LOL.

Let's have a great day today so we'll report happiness tomorrow !

PhillyGirl2012
07-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Happy Sunday!!

I am experimenting with beef spareribs today. I got up early and put them in the crock pot. My coworkers told me how to cook them and they do smell good right now. I haven't had my yogurt breakfast all week so I think I'll have that. I have to get back to my counter balance. What's that? Having beef ribs which are super fatty so other foods in the day should be less fatty.

Bunneh, that hike sounds amazing!! I've never been on a hike like that. Have to add that to my bucket list.

Gabi, that's just the salty food. I'm sure you're feeling better today as it worked its way out overnight.

Exhale, I am enjoying my ninja. I actually went on the Blendtech website as I understand that's the grand daddy of blenders. I just can't spend that much on a blender so I will deal with my pulpy veggie smoothie...lol.

Eskie, I hope all is well.

Enjoy your day everyone!

novangel
07-23-2012, 09:51 AM
*bump* Ack! This thread was almost at the bottom of the page! It was my turn to post and I was slacking. :lol: I didn't wind up exercising last night, I spent several hours venting to a friend on the phone and then went to bed. I only ate one small meal yesterday. I just didn't feel like eating.

I've got a long day ahead of me but I'm going to still try to get Jill done tonight.

Have a good day, everyone!