Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #16  
Just watch me ...

Hi guys.

Just got done setting up my Roku box. It was so easy! I'm watching 'Moving Art' on Hulu. It's short films of beautiful footage of nature, and travel. Really, check it out if you can.

I had a 9-point day today. Food all over the place, ran out of steam during the workout. Ugh.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #17  

Today was a good challenge day! A bonus wasn't named yet, so no points for that. Workout 2 was just completed for a calorie burn of 477.

I will have dinner in a bit, but I will have 2 servings so that is the only thing lacking today. So that takes good nutrition down to 4. I will fill in sleep tomorrow

water=8 | fruit=2 | veggies=3 | good nutrition day=5 | exercise=1 | sleep=1 Total: 20
Bonus=0
Possible weekly points is 20---->earned 18-veggies 1|good nutrition 1

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 06-26-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: add
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
Hi guys.

Just got done setting up my Roku box. It was so easy! I'm watching 'Moving Art' on Hulu. It's short films of beautiful footage of nature, and travel. Really, check it out if you can.

I had a 9-point day today. Food all over the place, ran out of steam during the workout. Ugh.
Told you Roku was a cool device! Check out the private channels too. I have to check out that station you mentioned. Off to eat dinner.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #19  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl2012 View Post
Gabi, even warrior princesses need a break. Hey, did you son come back home?
Yes, he's back home. I had a great weekend but I was wiped after...I can't handle kid-free weekends.

Off to tackle Jillian.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #20  
Warrior Princess

Ok Jillian done.

FFS, when will I see 149p?? I'm sure steak dinner and pizza over the weekend didn't help. *sigh*

Goodnight.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #21  

Talking

It amazes me how the body holds onto fluid when eating unhealthy. I mean I ate like crazy this past weekend and the scale went up to 199. I didn't freak out because I knew I was terribly bad, but that was a 3lb difference. Drank lots of water yesterday thanks to this challenge and my want to kick butt. I ended up waking up twice to go potty, but this morning was back down to 197...go figure.

My exercise today will be a walk to Trader Joe's. I love, love, love their brown rice medley and I'm in need of blackberries and walnuts so I will check these out today. I've been wanting to get there for a while and the weather is awesome today. I even turned off my central air and opened the windows. Google maps reports that it is a 1-mile walk....so there and back is a 2-mile walk.

I updated my challenge scale to reflect the awesome sleep I got last night. I'm rocking it so far....umm, okay its only day one...movin on! As you can tell "awesome" is my word for the day and that's how I'm feeling.

Make good choices today everybody!

Monday-18 out of 20
Old 06-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #22  
Just watch me ...

Hi everybody

It is so beautifully cool here today.

Philly, so we're sharing better weather and a salt blip . When I first got on my scale, it read a 20-pound weight loss. Got on it again and saw a 3 pound blip up. The 20 pound loss threw me for a nano-second....I thought....huh??? I must be doing better than I thought.....

Might be time for a new scale, but that might bring on new number-obsessiveness...

Doing really well today, aiming to get everything in.

Gabi, I know you'll see your new number and then some soon. I'm tired of my back-and-forth and am cutting the crap.

Eskielover, I think that when we get to a point where some parts of us are getting tighter, the softer parts kinda get pushed out because they don't belong there anymore. Your little bakery collection will be out of business sooner than you think.

Have a great afternoon everybody
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 130/117.4/100

Height: 4' 10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
Eskielover, I think that when we get to a point where some parts of us are getting tighter, the softer parts kinda get pushed out because they don't belong there anymore. Your little bakery collection will be out of business sooner than you think.

Have a great afternoon everybody
LOL

Thanks Exhale, that gave me a much needed chuckle! I hope you're right.

I got my Shred DVD yesterday so I won't have to use YouTube any more. It was kinda hard to follow along with Jillian when the screen was so small on the computer.

Here are my points for yesterday:

Water =0/ fruit =2/ veggies=3/exercise=1/ Total=6 points

I don't have access to water while working, so that limits the amount I can drink during my shift. I know I didn't get 8 glasses in. Haven't slept well for the last 2 nights so I lost those points also. Okay, I'm off to a slow start but it will surely get better.

Eskielover
Eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl2012 View Post

Eskie, I actually thought about that last night because sleep is included and so you can't count that in advance...soooo I think I will post daily and go back and edit and add the sleep in the next day. Otherwise I may lose track of the other stuff.
PhillyGirl, wouldn't it be easier to count the previous nights sleep for that day? ie: Sunday night thru Monday morning would be reported for points on Monday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl
The muffin top thing is what got me back to Body Revolution. I've seen pics on the facebook group I'm on and I'm like I want results like that.
I'm not sure I could handle Body Revolution since I'm struggling with Shred right now. Maybe when I finish my thirty days with Shred I'll feel differently. Are you doing Body Revolution now or have you moved onto something else.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #25  

Okay I need to get away from the computer and do something--anything that's on my to-do list BUT I have questions!

1. Water-- if you only have 4 oz. out of 8 to drink, can you report the 4 points? Or do you lose the points?

2. Sleep--I got 5 hours of sleep last night, but we need 7-8 hours. I assume that we're shooting for the 7-8 and get points only if we sleep that many hours, right?

3. Good nutrition day-- Do we need to stick to meal plan, drink all your water, fruit & veggies in to report any points in this? Or can you have some of the 5 points if all you didn't get in was your water?

Sorry for being a pain. Just want to report the right number.

Thanks in advance!

Eskielover
Old 06-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #26  

Eskie, I never did 30 day as scheduled, but I did test it out once upon a time. Body Revolution was developed for overweight and out of shape people. At least that's what Jill said in her podcast. Although the craziness starts in week 3. But I do love the format of the program because you do two different strength workouts for two weeks and then it changes to two different workouts.

Regarding sleep for the challenge...
I guess my thought was more if you had a good day of nutrition, adequate hydration, got in your exercise then you should also get a good nights sleep. But I do get your point. I'll go with whatever you and exhale are comfortable with.

Regarding water.....
I have the brita on the go bottle. It has a filter built in. Can you use something like that?
Old 06-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #27  

Nothing like having to go potty on a 2-mile walk in downtown philly. I think tonight I'm going to do an extended stretch program or yoga.

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 06-26-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: ad
Old 06-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #28  

Eskie, my answers are in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskielover View Post
Okay I need to get away from the computer and do something--anything that's on my to-do list BUT I have questions!

1. Water-- if you only have 4 oz. out of 8 to drink, can you report the 4 points? Or do you lose the points?

4oz out of 8oz would be 1/2 a point. The whole 8oz would be 1 point. So if you got in a total of 4-4oz servings of water that would be 2 points.

2. Sleep--I got 5 hours of sleep last night, but we need 7-8 hours. I assume that we're shooting for the 7-8 and get points only if we sleep that many hours, right?

I didn't dissect sleep like the other points. Five hours to me is not a tragedy if you feel rested and not dragging throughout the day.

3. Good nutrition day-- Do we need to stick to meal plan, drink all your water, fruit & veggies in to report any points in this? Or can you have some of the 5 points if all you didn't get in was your water?

A good nutrition day is getting your water, veggie, fruit and overall eating nutritious meals throughout the day.

For example, I didn't get all my veggie servings in yesterday so I deducted a point from my Good Nutrition score. So if you ate well, got in your veggie/fruit, but you missed water you would deduct a point

Sorry for being a pain. Just want to report the right number.

You are not a pain and I'm glad that you are participating.

Thanks in advance!

Eskielover

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 06-26-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #29  

This is all very inspiring. Motivates me to keep doing the exercise plan I have set up for myself which is yoga 2 days per week and free weights 2 days a week. Also on the weekends I am committed to doing fun active activities like racing my husband at our favorite local park, hiking or simply walking around the city.

How do I enter this challenge? Is it too late?

Good luck to you all,
Lulu
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Jones View Post
This is all very inspiring. Motivates me to keep doing the exercise plan I have set up for myself which is yoga 2 days per week and free weights 2 days a week. Also on the weekends I am committed to doing fun active activities like racing my husband at our favorite local park, hiking or simply walking around the city.

How do I enter this challenge? Is it too late?

Good luck to you all,
Lulu
Hi Lulu!
Welcome to the thread! This is a challenge I thought up and it just started yesterday. We are a very interactive group and as you can see we post almost daily. This thread just started and the general outline of the challenge is on page 1. Eskielover just asked some questions on this page that may give some clarity to calculating scores.

You are welcomed to participate!