Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

Default I'm having a consistant number on the scale, normal?

So it's been almost 2 weeks since I've been maintaining. I've been doing good so far it seems. I've been lettng myself be a little less strict on what I eat and have a somewhat normal relationship with food and not obsessing and feeling guilty like before. Though I still watch how much and what I eat. I've also been keeping up with my daily 3 mil 45 minute walks. Im also starting to cut back from weighing myself every day to about every other. I seem to be having a consistant number of 120.6, no matter the time of morning I weigh in. I've been expecting the 2-3 pound gain or loss but I haven't had it except during TOM. Is fairly normal to not have a varying weight? Should I up my calorie intake or keep the same, I don't know the exact intake but I've upped it from when I wa dieting. I used to eat 1200 and now I'm probabbly eat 1600-1700 a day. Does this seem like a good maintanance plan so far, it's early on but so far I haven't seem to run into any difficulies with keeping at a steady weight
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations to a great start on maintenance. If it ain't broke, why fix it? Eventually you'll probably start seeing some variability in your weight, but as long as you have a firm "line in the sand" (i.e., top allowable weight before taking action) you'll be fine. For the past few months my weight has been varying from about 136 to 142 lbs, and my line in the sand is 145.

F.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #3  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

it sounds like you may still be eating at a *bit* of a caloric deficit--> not enough to see a real change on the scale, but enough to keep you in a glycogen and water "depleted" state..... obviously after all your hard work losing you dont want to see the scale go up, however, once you reach your "true" maintenance cals, your weight SHOULD go up ( ie; that 2-3 pounds it sounds like you know to expect). Its just water and glycogen, of course, but it does need to happen.... you cant stay in a deficit forever, KWIM? Even if you arent meaning too.... Id continue to slowly increase those cals till yuo reach that state.....
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

thanks guys for the replies! I'll try to up my calories a bit more next week, maybe to 2000, though it's going to be super hard for me to eat that much lol. I've been eating at 12-1400 for so long my stomach seems to have gotten used to small but more like tiny portioned meals. I feel like I've been eating more during the day but I haven't changed my meal sizes yet. I used to eat only a spoon full of whatever we were having for dinner and small slice of meat and a big bowl of salad. So I think I'll start adding a bit more to my dinners to see if that will help up my calorie intake.
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am not sure what you see at a problem. You are at goal weight. Are you complaining because you haven't gained ? I agree with freelancemama. if it ain't broke , why fix it? I
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It doesn't sound like there's anything to "fix" here. If you can eat a little more and still not gain weight, that's terrific - but "not gaining" isn't a problem to be fixed.

It is normal for some folks to have very little or no weight variation, but it is also normal to have a fluctuating weight. Given a choice, most of us here I would think would choose the smallest variation, so even if you're not "normal," you're extremely lucky.

Now if you're doing something dangerous or unhealthy to insure that you don't fluctuate, that's another story. If you're eating a wide range of healthy foods and just happen to not fluctuate - that's awesome.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote