Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/23 - Sun 6/24

wuv2bloved
06-23-2012, 03:14 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Longhorn Energy
06-23-2012, 03:17 AM
Hey what are you still doing up lol?

mompattie
06-23-2012, 03:36 AM
I'm up too. :-(

wuv2bloved
06-23-2012, 03:41 AM
My guy is on the road tonight so I never sleep when he drives at night, I always worry about him and call and check on him like every hour.....lol

Longhorn Energy
06-23-2012, 03:49 AM
Well heck...wish we all lived closer, we could get together and have some...water lol

mompattie
06-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Aww that's so sweet Wuv! I was asleep but my little boy had a nightmare so I got up with him. A pee and a drink of water. And check on my IPeeps! Sounds like a fun weekend coming up for us. We're off to the lake tomorrow. The boys will have such a blast! And is it the car show this weekend for you?

wuv2bloved
06-23-2012, 03:53 AM
yes there is a car show here called Scrapin the coast. Its a bunch of low riders, cars with airbags and stuff like that. We are just going to sit on the beach and watch them go by, to get in its like $15 a person! I ain't payin for that!

Longhorn we would be drinking LOTS of water.....lol

Longhorn Energy
06-23-2012, 03:57 AM
Ughhh, so miss drinkin with my buddies...was out tonight with some of my regular party peeps...drank water all night while they all tried to convince me that shots are low calorie lol

What lake you hitting Mom? I was at Rattlesnake yesterday and might hit Lac Pelltier on the weekend.

mompattie
06-23-2012, 04:24 AM
I wouldn't pay either wuv, plus sitting on the beach watching soounds wayyyy better anyways!! We're just heading out to a tiny little lake, mot even on the map...of many people, lots of ace Rey, spring fed lake so it's crystal clear, and sit on the dock - which is built over the water! The kids love jumping off, fishing for minnows, etc. I have my packets packed and water! LOL! Will be doing lots of peeing in the bush until we get the water hooked up at the cabin for the season, but that's part of the adventure right?

Longhorn Energy
06-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Sounds great! Car show on a beach...or lake...hmmm both sound like a great time!

Well you ladies both have a great weekend, im gonna watch the rest of this movie then might even attempt some sleep. My puppy has decided that she wants to sleep laying across my legs so this should be interesting. She has been a food sharer since i got her now on this diet, she has started eating cucumbers with me every night lol. Very supportive haha

Kinifer03
06-23-2012, 04:52 AM
Hi I just had my 2nd weigh-in and I feel cheated because I am only down 7 pounds. I know that is a good amount of weight to lose in 2 weeks. But I read other posts and I feel as if I am doing something wrong. I don't really like my coach so I decided to come here for support. Because all I want to do is binge and give up. Any experienced IP's got advice or encouragement?:?:

Cadu
06-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Mom Pattie - Dont forget to pack toilet paper!! (thanks for the chuckle this morn)

Kinifer - 7 pound loss in week 2 and you feel cheated? really? When have you ever lost 7 pounds in a week before? celebrate that loss, it is awesome.

Good Morning everybody!

3 weeks from today is our big shin dig so today we will be working on the landscaping to spruce the place up. It will be quite laborious but at least the temperature has dropped so that will help.

Have a great day everyone.

Beanie Mommy
06-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Good Morning! Going to Hershey Park today with a friend plus three little kids, yay! Can't wait for the water slides - that's something I haven't done in years bc of not wanting to wear a swimsuit... Silly me.

Have a great weekend!

willsmashfat
06-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Good Morning! Going to Hershey Park today with a friend plus three little kids, yay! Can't wait for the water slides - that's something I haven't done in years bc of not wanting to wear a swimsuit... Silly me.

Have a great weekend!

Whoa! Hershey Park? Hope the slides are not made out of chocolate! Lol.Have a great day. Glad the cat babies are adjusting to their forever home.

Had a great NSV yesterday - did 1 hour of pool aerobics and then played 9 holes of golf. I guess I have more energy than I thought. I guess we are like batteries : we don't know how much energy they have until we use them up.

WingnutandMe
06-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Well heck...wish we all lived closer, we could get together and have some...water lol

You know, for a few weeks, I've been envisioning this huge 3FC IP Forum Homeocming. Somewhere central where we all come to and meet, hug each other :grouphug:, talk, and share our journeys. Only problem, we'd have to find a building with lots of bathrooms. LOL

yes there is a car show here called Scrapin the coast. Its a bunch of low riders, cars with airbags and stuff like that. We are just going to sit on the beach and watch them go by, to get in its like $15 a person! I ain't payin for that!

Wuv, I envy you getting to see a car show. First weekend in a while DH and my schedules coincide and not a car show in sight. What's even more discouraging; none of our 11 classics are road worthy right now. DH retires in a month, so here's hoping he can get lots back on the road.

BTW, I thought I've read every daily post for the last few months, but I don't remember hearing much about your new guy. I know he's a long haul trucker and gone a lot. I don't remember you telling us about you first meeting a few weeks ago. At least, what I'm hearing now sounds really positive. Just wondering. :hug:

Have a great weekend!

Read about your kitty perils last night, but had no time to post to tell you I'm so happy. Told DH about it and he just can't understand how people can be like that.

I'm sure now you will have the best weekend.

Now for me, WI this morning and had a loss, 2.6#. Thought it would be more after the big ZERO last week, but I am a tad bit short on my water in the last couple days and really L O N G on stress (Thursday was one of the worst at work). Even with the lower loss, I'm into the 220's :dance:and have lost now 62 total pounds. My scale calcs what it sees as my ultimate weight and it is now registering in the lower 160s I may have to adjust my goal. It's just been soooooooo long since I've even been under 200, that 185 seems unattainable, but we'll see in a few months.

Finally, have to tell you this funny NSV. DH has not really said anything to me about my weight loss until last night. Hope you get a laugh from this.

Our conflicting schedules don't give up much time together and so we don't get into our hot tub at the same time much, but have more in the last couple weeks. Last night he'd had a bit to drink and when we were in the hot tub, he stammered and said, "I don't know how to say this, but you don't float as much now, I don't have to hold you down like I did." Back 62 pounds ago, I could get in and would just "pop" to the surface. He would get in and have to put his legs across mine to keep me down. Now, it takes a bit more before I float towards the surface. As silly as this sounds, it made me feel good. I think he has trouble saying anything about my weight or weight loss since he's never had a weight problem (other than not being able to keep it on.) He doesn't know what to say (or not to say).

Everyone have a great OP weekend. Sunny and hot here in the South.
Molly

LizRR
06-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi I just had my 2nd weigh-in and I feel cheated because I am only down 7 pounds. I know that is a good amount of weight to lose in 2 weeks. But I read other posts and I feel as if I am doing something wrong. I don't really like my coach so I decided to come here for support. Because all I want to do is binge and give up. Any experienced IP's got advice or encouragement?:?:

7lb is an EXCELLENT loss! You should be so proud of yourself! Remember that everyone loses at a different rate, so do not compare yourself, but I have to say that so far you are doing OUTSTANDING! That is 7lb gone forever, just stick with it!

Have a great weekend!

Have fun Beanie! Waterparks are something I have been dreading, and my hubby has been looking forward to now that my son is coming of water slide age soon...now I am not going to let a stupid swimsuit beat me anymore! Have a great time!

Mom Pattie - Dont forget to pack toilet paper!! (thanks for the chuckle this morn)

Kinifer - 7 pound loss in week 2 and you feel cheated? really? When have you ever lost 7 pounds in a week before? celebrate that loss, it is awesome.

Good Morning everybody!

3 weeks from today is our big shin dig so today we will be working on the landscaping to spruce the place up. It will be quite laborious but at least the temperature has dropped so that will help.

Man...I really have to get up to The Garden State for that groovy party!

greeniris
06-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Good morning I Peeps! Am getting some laundry done before heading down to a graduation openhouse, about 2 1/2 hr drive. Will see lots of family, including my 6 yr old granddaughter I haven't seen since Christmas!

Sounds like a lot of us have fun plans for the weekend, and plan to take our packets & veggies with us :)

Kinifer - is that 7 lbs total loss, or just for week 2? Either way, you're losing and that's the goal, right? I didn't have a WI for week 3, and 'only' lost 3 1/2 lbs for weeks 3 & 4 combined, but lost 5"! Hang in there. There will be good weeks, not so good weeks, and GREAT weeks! Stay 100% and you will see results! Be sure you get your salt in and up to 3 tablespoons of olive oil each day (per my coach). She also has me taking extra Vitamin D3 every day. That helps to lose weight too. Good luck!

Darralyn
06-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Aww that's so sweet Wuv! I was asleep but my little boy had a nightmare so I got up with him. A pee and a drink of water. And check on my IPeeps! Sounds like a fun weekend coming up for us. We're off to the lake tomorrow. The boys will have such a blast! And is it the car show this weekend for you?
Have a fun time with your family! Watch out for fly bites when you're peein in the bushes! :D

Have fun at that car show and where do you go potty? Are there facilities close by? I guess I am so interested in everyones peeing places today? But it is such a necessity for us IPeers. Luv you Wuv. :hug:

Good Morning everybody!

Good Morning Carol; I see you're worried about her ahem toilet habits as well! Have a wonderful weekend! :hug:
Great advice for Kinifer

Have a great weekend!
You have a super fun time on the water slides; I love those things and now that I am thinner; I'm gonna do it this summer!! :D

Good morning I Peeps! Am getting some laundry done before heading down to a graduation openhouse, about 2 1/2 hr drive. Will see lots of family, including my 6 yr old granddaughter I haven't seen since Christmas!

Sounds like a lot of us have fun plans for the weekend, and plan to take our packets & veggies with us :)

Kinifer - is that 7 lbs total loss, or just for week 2? Either way, you're losing and that's the goal, right? I didn't have a WI for week 3, and 'only' lost 3 1/2 lbs for weeks 3 & 4 combined, but lost 5"! Hang in there. There will be good weeks, not so good weeks, and GREAT weeks! Stay 100% and you will see results! Be sure you get your salt in and up to 3 tablespoons of olive oil each day (per my coach). She also has me taking extra Vitamin D3 every day. That helps to lose weight too. Good luck!

Greeniris have a wonderful fun filled weekend!! I have a 6 year old granddaughter,too! Aren't they fun?!! Lucky us!! :hug:

Darralyn
06-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Happy Weekend everyone! I have a busy one planned also. This morning I am housecleaning and later my one year old granddaughter is coming for about 4 hours. Tonight going out to a sushi place but called ahead and assured I can get plain salad (no dressing) and shrimp so I am good. Tomorrow church then clean up patio because I am having a barbeque with my DB and SIL and BIL with maybe a niece thrown in for extra fun! So I really have to clean the house! I really hate housework; it is so funny when I was in my 20s and 30s I loved it and now I can hardly stand it; but I have to because I have three small dogs (hair and dirty feet) so I really must do more of it than ever! As the dogs pass away; I will not replace them! Remember I said that and hold me to it!:D
Love you All!! :grouphug:

swimcoachmomma
06-23-2012, 10:27 AM
You know, for a few weeks, I've been envisioning this huge 3FC IP Forum Homeocming. Somewhere central where we all come to and meet, hug each other :grouphug:, talk, and share our journeys. Only problem, we'd have to find a building with lots of bathrooms. LOL

Wuv, I envy you getting to see a car show. First weekend in a while DH and my schedules coincide and not a car show in sight. What's even more discouraging; none of our 11 classics are road worthy right now. DH retires in a month, so here's hoping he can get lots back on the road.

BTW, I thought I've read every daily post for the last few months, but I don't remember hearing much about your new guy. I know he's a long haul trucker and gone a lot. I don't remember you telling us about you first meeting a few weeks ago. At least, what I'm hearing now sounds really positive. Just wondering. :hug:

Read about your kitty perils last night, but had no time to post to tell you I'm so happy. Told DH about it and he just can't understand how people can be like that.

Now for me, WI this morning and had a loss, 2.6#. Thought it would be more after the big ZERO last week, but I am a tad bit short on my water in the last couple days and really L O N G on stress (Thursday was one of the worst at work). Even with the lower loss, I'm into the 220's :dance:and have lost now 62 total pounds. My scale calcs what it sees as my ultimate weight and it is now registering in the lower 160s I may have to adjust my goal. It's just been soooooooo long since I've even been under 200, that 185 seems unattainable, but we'll see in a few months.

Finally, have to tell you this funny NSV. DH has not really said anything to me about my weight loss until last night. Hope you get a laugh from this.

Our conflicting schedules don't give up much time together and so we don't get into our hot tub at the same time much, but have more in the last couple weeks. Last night he'd had a bit to drink and when we were in the hot tub, he stammered and said, "I don't know how to say this, but you don't float as much now, I don't have to hold you down like I did." Back 62 pounds ago, I could get in and would just "pop" to the surface. He would get in and have to put his legs across mine to keep me down. Now, it takes a bit more before I float towards the surface. As silly as this sounds, it made me feel good. I think he has trouble saying anything about my weight or weight loss since he's never had a weight problem (other than not being able to keep it on.) He doesn't know what to say (or not to say).

Molly

Wing... Thank you for the laugh. My coffee just about exited via the nose. I am a swimmer and used to refer to my boobs as PFDs (personal flotation devices). I say used to because ....well.. All of me is shrinking.

For me, I am mostly lurking these days. Maintaining in the low 160s and ok with that for now. Have a great day everyone.

Kaypix
06-23-2012, 10:31 AM
*poke* Hey *poke* Yeah you! 7 Pounds is phenomenal! Now I know my response is going to be super stupidly long, so I'm apologizing in advance (my sorry :( )...Is this the first diet you've tried? If so, be aware this diet works faster and more consistently than a lot of others out there. If it is NOT your first rodeo, how was your loss on your last diet? As others have said, we ALL lose at different weights, and depending how long you were at certain weights your loss may go faster and slower at different "milestones" so to speak. My weigh ins have been relatively small losses each week, but try to look at it this way, 3 months of losing 3 pounds per week is still 36 POUNDS of fat gone for forever. Don't get discouraged from a small number on the scale, just keep trucking' and believe that the scale will snap into shape and realize it needs to move. You CAN do this, if you WANT to do this. If you make excuses, then you can cheat yourself out of the diet and back up to your original weight. One person (I forget who, help anyone?) mentioned that if hunger isn't the problem, then food isn't the solution. What makes you want to "binge and give up"? Just giving up isn't' the same as binging. Are there other factors in your life contributing stress to your program? We are all here for you, and will help you anyway we can. Think of it like this (your avatar says 225/208), only 8 pounds and you are in onederland! So what if that takes 2-3 weeks, you will be a 1_ _ by mid July! Keep your goals small and focused, that helps, and reward yourself (non-foodwise) for accomplishments. If you hit a plateau, look up "happy weight vs ideal weight" article on WebMD (http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/ideal-weight-or-happy-weight)
Let me know if you need anything else, and if you need a loser buddy, I'm on Facebook and have chat open most days at work.

Cadu i'm sure it'll be b-e-a-utiful!

Do you remember the day you looked at the size swimsuits (way back when) that you had to buy if you WANTED to go swimming? I remember that day. I hated that day...all the suits were black, included skirts, coverups were hanging next to them and then in the next aisle over were bikinis for "teenie boppers"...very depressing day.

Molly
LoL Molly your DH sounds like a total sweetie!! Great job ditching another couple pounds ! :) I'm sure that stress was helping your body hold onto them a bit to say the least. Missed seeing you on much lately, so super glad to get caught up with what's goin' on in your life!

Kaypix
06-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Good morning IPeeps :D ... It's the first day DH and I got to sleep through the night, but i think PETA might get called on me because of it...our smallest cat has started crying at 4:00AM (he's 7 years old, just small in size) and the past two nights i had gotten out of bed and slept on the couch, he shuts up when I'm in the living room apparently. Last night, I had it. Dangit I wanted to sleep in my own bed next to DH and try to bake freaking cookies in the morning! (can't do that when we're in opposite rooms) I threw an empty water bottle in the cat's general direction (don't worry, the low plastic 16.9oz ones) and startled him out of the bedroom.

No loss this AM (weigh in will be Monday) but I'm holding at 169.6, so I won't complain about that. Yesterday found out (sadly enough) even with my alternative method that I really shouldn't eat at Champp's American grill...wow...the LOWEST carb options were the wings so I got those (2g/serving, had 2). But everything else started at about 40g and went up from there.

The motorcycle is nearly done, still waiting on Sweden to mail us some parts, and DH is getting REALLY antsy because of it, making life at home stressful. The house is a disaster (blamed on always working in the garage instead of being in the house after work) and I'm just about at my wit's end. Lord give me strength to make it until those stupid parts come in!

Well, i'm off to blog a bit...found out they make soda with Splenda in it now, huh, who knew right? I know the phosphoric acid is the bigger problem, but I'm going to look in to that as well and see "how bad" is bad, because some days I think I'm just going to need me a soda pop (DH stays up like 3 hours later than me, and if I want cookies I need to stay up as late as him, cuz morning cookies are hard to bake sometimes lol) so I can stay awake longer at night. Toodles all!

~Kara

rainbowsmiles
06-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Will be doing lots of peeing in the bush until we get the water hooked up at the cabin for the season, but that's part of the adventure right?
lol thanks for making me smile this morning!!! have fun!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Last night he'd had a bit to drink and when we were in the hot tub, he stammered and said, "I don't know how to say this, but you don't float as much now, I don't have to hold you down like I did." Back 62 pounds ago, I could get in and would just "pop" to the surface. He would get in and have to put his legs across mine to keep me down. Now, it takes a bit more before I float towards the surface. As silly as this sounds, it made me feel good. I think he has trouble saying anything about my weight or weight loss since he's never had a weight problem (other than not being able to keep it on.) He doesn't know what to say (or not to say).
Molly

a lot of bathrooms is certainly not an understatement!! i need to buy stock in tissue!!!
LOL on the floating hot tub scene...i know EXACTLY what you mean!!! i'm like a little cork in the ocean and just bob and float with ease!!!

Man...I really have to get up to The Garden State for that groovy party!
i'm with you liz.....we gonna miss out on a fun time!!!

Happy Weekend everyone! I have a busy one planned also. This morning I am housecleaning and later my one year old granddaughter is coming for about 4 hours. Tonight going out to a sushi place but called ahead and assured I can get plain salad (no dressing) and shrimp so I am good. Tomorrow church then clean up patio because I am having a barbeque with my DB and SIL and BIL with maybe a niece thrown in for extra fun!
soooooo proud of you for calling ahead and being prepared!! you are such a great example of how to get this IP protocol done the right way!!! have fun!!! and enjoy your bbq too!!

Wing... Thank you for the laugh. My coffee just about exited via the nose. I am a swimmer and used to refer to my boobs as PFDs (personal flotation devices). I say used to because ....well.. All of me is shrinking. Have a great day everyone.
i'm a swimmer too....like a dolphin in the water!!! i love how swimming makes me feel so weightless!! I have always likened myself to shelly winters in the old movie the poseidon adventure....when shelly winters character saved the day by swimming a guide line through....and then she said, You see, Mr. Scott? In the water I'm a very skinny lady!!!! :swim:

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!!!

KathrynRose
06-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Well, only 1.7 down this week, I am hoping it is because of the heat or something. On a positive note, I have lost slightly over 20 lbs. in 5 weeks. I have never done that before!

Delgen
06-23-2012, 10:52 AM

Don't feel bad, 7 is good! I lost 1.5 my first week and 2 the second. I think you body is adjusting and does not want to let go of the old times. Give it time and stay 100% OP. it will come off. But really, 7 is good!

WingnutandMe
06-23-2012, 10:56 AM
LoL Molly your DH sounds like a total sweetie!! Great job ditching another couple pounds ! :) I'm sure that stress was helping your body hold onto them a bit to say the least. Missed seeing you on much lately, so super glad to get caught up with what's goin' on in your life!

Yes, DH is my fairytale come true after being alone for 28 years. Glad he remembered me from our classic car days 40 years ago and tracked me down.

I hate stress. My job is tops for that now. DH retires in a month. I'm really looking at just using a bit of my retirement and paying the bills and retiring now instead of working a year or so more. Is it really worth the stress. I'm thinking not.

The job brings me to your last statement about not seeing me much. I barely have time to come home at night and make dinner (sometimes a separate meal for "skin and bones" DH) and read through the posts. By that time it's usually past my bedtime since I leave for work before 7AM. I've worked for 45 years now and since I no longer enjoy my job, I'm ready to retire.

Molly

evepet
06-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Hello fellow IPeeps! It's a gorgeous day here in Central Ontario, and I'm just about to head out to do some errands. Walking - get some exercise too. :) Just realized I'm close to running out of my multivits, which of course would be a big no-no. :) so the drugstore is definitely on my errand route.

Other than errands, there's nothing special going on today. Visiting tomorrow with friends and family for a BBQ so that should be fun. They've already got my request for protocol-appropriate marinated chicken. Very supportive. I'll take a packet of my WF salad dressing, and I know they'll have lots of salad, and a veggie platter.

All the talk about peeing places today.... it made me smile, but it is a real issue while on this diet. When I'm out and about, I make a point of using the 'facilities' whenever I have the opportunity - just in case. And while I welcome the 'need to pee' knowing that it means fat is flushing out of me, I must say I'm looking forward to not having to get up 4+ times through the night to do that. Thank goodness I'm generally able to fall right back into a sound sleep.

Well... too much rambling here. Really just wanted to say 'Hi!' to everyone and wish everyone a great OP day! Enjoy!

jmuroff1
06-23-2012, 11:38 AM
So I went to my clinic yesterday to get more food and to get weighed in again. My coach is now perplexed. After my first week I only lost .8 and now this week I went up .2...So they said this week no restricted foods at all and lets see what happens

redmomof4
06-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Well, only 1.7 down this week, I am hoping it is because of the heat or something. On a positive note, I have lost slightly over 20 lbs. in 5 weeks. I have never done that before!
20lbs gone forever!! That's awesome

Well, i'm off to blog a bit...found out they make soda with Splenda in it now, huh, who knew right? I know the phosphoric acid is the bigger problem, but I'm going to look in to that as well and see "how bad" is bad, because some days I think I'm just going to need me a soda pop (DH stays up like 3 hours later than me, and if I want cookies I need to stay up as late as him, cuz morning cookies are hard to bake sometimes lol) so I can stay awake longer at night. Toodles all!
~Kara
Yeah! STaying below 170!:carrot: Let me know what you find out about the soda. I'm not saying i'm gonna stray-its been 6 weeks since I've had a coke-but I'm curious. I totally understand the baking cookies need. I figured since I'd be more self confident that would pick up, but I think I'm making DH less confident so he has not stepped up. Time for him to jump on my bandwagon!

So I really have to clean the house! I really hate housework; it is so funny when I was in my 20s and 30s I loved it and now I can hardly stand it;
Sounds like a busy weekend, have fun. I hate house work now, do you think I'll grow to like it as I get older? :^: I am a swimmer and used to refer to my boobs as PFDs (personal flotation devices).

I love it, less boyant! Kudos to you!
7lb in 2 weeks is great. I didn't lose that much my first two. STick with it. It is working for you. Everytime you think of cheating, think about how good you'll feel at your next weigh in when you are down lbs if you don't cheat! Keep up the good work!

Cadu,
wanted to tell your most recent picture looks spectacular!

I'm lovin' my home scale today! Down to 149 and holding (I went up 0.2 yesterday only to stay 100% OP-even with going out to dinner-to be rewarded with a 1.2# loss today. YAY! Out of the 150's forever! I hope this week stays consistent! Lots of ball games today if the rain stops and lots of homework due too. Our plan B is to head to town to shop if it keeps raining. Lots of stuff to get for the house. I have an OP plan either way!!

Shawna

joysh
06-23-2012, 11:49 AM

Kinifer, 7 pounds is a great loss in two weeks! Be happy that you've said goodbye to those pounds. Stick with it! You can do this!

Have a great weekend!

Do they still have those light posts with lights shaped like Hershey Kisses? (Ooops, sorry for bringing that up....)

It's the weekend and I'm off on my first travel on IP. A four hour car ride today to one Texas city, then a 4-hour drive to Houston tomorrow. I'll be there for a week with my daughter and the darling identical twin baby girls who will turn one year on Wednesday. The big party is next Sunday and my other daughter is coming in from NY with my sweet 3-yr granddaughter. They all eat pretty healthy, but I know there will be plenty of snacks and snack foods, even "healthy" ones. I'm committed and will stay OP 100%. It's only my second week! A little nervous about it, but determined!

Last night I felt very weak and read the forum threads about that. I know what to do if that happens again. I'm just getting into ketosis and I think my body is adjusting. I hope it will be adjusted by mid-week.

Oh, there I go again! I was so engrossed in reading this daily thread and other email that I forgot to make and drink my IP breakfast. It's one hour past my regular breakfast time. I think that has been an issue of mine in the past: getting so engrossed in my projects that I forget to take care of my own needs. I think this diet will force me to be more conscious about taking care of me. I know I am worth it!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! :wave:

Mamalee
06-23-2012, 11:51 AM
7 pounds is great!! Keep it up! You are doing well.

As for the wanting to binge, hang in there. I was really hungry the first couple weeks, craving cookies and brownies that my kids were baking in the kitchen. Hadn't really noticed a change but yesterday, at Six Flags, my boys got ice cream and I had absolutely no desire to have any :-) It does get better!!! I have only completed 3 weeks so your turn is just around the corner.

sneuse
06-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Morning everyone! Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Finishing up my morning coffee while gearing up for some errands.... lots to do but it keeps me busy and helps with not thinking about food.

I start phase three on Monday and I've NEVER been this excited to buy groceries. I just hope I don't get too carried away next week and try to eat things I shouldn't. I plan to stay strong so I can reward myself later!

Had a funny scenario last night at dinner.... I've avoided eating out because I've worried that even if I say "no this" or "none of that" I'll get it anyway, but I sucked it up last night and went to dinner with a friend. I requested my veggies unseasoned as they usually use sugar, and no oil or butter on anything (I also had steak). The waiter was very polite and ensured they'd be dry and seasoning free. Low and behold, the plate comes swimming in oil. I wasn't too worried - my coach has always said a little butter and/or extra oil won't hurt too much - until I took a big mouth full of my green beans and they were SO sweet. I ate probably 10, had one spear of asparagus, and decided they had to have been seasoned. I probably should've stopped sooner but I was struggling with whether or not the sweetness was just in my head, and I couldn't help but think a little "well.... I only have two days in ketosis left, is it really that bad?"

I finally sent them back (I felt SOOOO bad complaining but my friend convinced me I should get what I asked for) and the waiter acted like I was nuts. He swore up and down they'd been cooked like I asked, but when the new plate came it was so obvious the first batch was covered in seasoning. The new ones tasted so much better and there was not a drop of oil or butter to be seen.

All in all I'm glad I sent them back but now I can't get out of my mind that I may have messed up the last few days of this diet for myself.... if the only repercussions to having some sugar on the second phase is that I may have knocked myself out of ketosis, I'll live (I usually only lose 2 lbs a week so 2 days out of ketosis is about half a lb I wouldn't lose). But I keep thinking, maybe I've messed up the "awakening" process? I know I can't take it back, but sometimes I have a hard time shutting my brain off!!

Anyway, I apologize for the ramble but it helps me feel better to vent it out a little! You guys are always so supportive and it's been a blessing throughout this process.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and keep up all the hard work!

softkitty
06-23-2012, 12:07 PM
I was supposed to have my 3rd WI today at the new location, but I couldn't find it and didn't have my cell phone, so I went to Home Depot, grocery store and dropped stuff off at Goodwill. Came home to call her and she had left two messages. She had to go to another location and will be back this afternoon. Hopefully, I can find her this time because I really want to get this WI over with. I was soooo hungry when I got home from work yesterday and my brother who is visiting left a jar of dry roasted peanuts on the table. I circled the table like a cat stalking its prey. I just kept staring at that jar of peanuts. Did I mention I was sooo hungry and I love nuts. Peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, you name it. This was the first time since I've been on this diet that I was starving. Maybe it was the 30 minute walk I took during lunch that brought it on. I was a slow walk, not a power walk, more like a stroll, a casual stroll. Everyone was passing me, even the elderly on oxygen. Anyway, I made dinner, roasted zucchini and mushrooms and a lemon pudding and I was still just so hungry. Needless to say, those peanuts didn't stand a chance. I had a few, then a few more and well, you know how it goes. Wish me luck at the WI!

usmcvet
06-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Hey what are you still doing up lol? dude she is in love!

in frosted glasse with lots of ice cubes.
Ughhh, so miss drinkin with my buddies...was out tonight with some of my regular party peeps...drank water all night while they all tried to convince me that shots are low calorie lol

What lake you hitting Mom? I was at Rattlesnake yesterday and might hit Lac Pelltier on the weekend.

Keep it up buddy. You're worth it. The booze isn't.

Go pick up a gallon of milk and think about carrying it around all day. That is a little more than seven pounds.

Have a great weekend! yeah water park. Bring sun screen.

Molly yeah the 220's that is goal for me. Congrats on floating less and on hubby noticing.

Happy Weekend everyone! I have a busy one planned also. This morning I am housecleaning and later my one year old granddaughter is coming for about 4 hours. Tonight going out to a sushi place but called ahead and assured I can get plain salad (no dressing) and shrimp so I am good. Tomorrow church then clean up patio because I am having a barbeque with my DB and SIL and BIL with maybe a niece thrown in for extra fun! So I really have to clean the house! I really hate housework; it is so funny when I was in my 20s and 30s I loved it and now I can hardly stand it; but I have to because I have three small dogs (hair and dirty feet) so I really must do more of it than ever! As the dogs pass away; I will not replace them! Remember I said that and hold me to it!:D

Yeah grand babies!

Good morning IPeeps :D ... It's the first day DH and I got to sleep through the night, but i think PETA might get called on me because of it...our smallest cat has started crying at 4:00AM (he's 7 years old, just small in size) and the past two nights i had gotten out of bed and slept on the couch, he shuts up when I'm in the living room apparently. Last night, I had it. Dangit I wanted to sleep in my own bed next to DH and try to bake freaking cookies in the morning! (can't do that when we're in opposite rooms) I threw an empty water bottle in the cat's general direction (don't worry, the low plastic 16.9oz ones) and startled him out of the bedroom.

No loss this AM (weigh in will be Monday) but I'm holding at 169.6, so I won't complain about that. Yesterday found out (sadly enough) even with my alternative method that I really shouldn't eat at Champp's American grill...wow...the LOWEST carb options were the wings so I got those (2g/serving, had 2). But everything else started at about 40g and went up from there.

The motorcycle is nearly done, still waiting on Sweden to mail us some parts, and DH is getting REALLY antsy because of it, making life at home stressful. The house is a disaster (blamed on always working in the garage instead of being in the house after work) and I'm just about at my wit's end. Lord give me strength to make it until those stupid parts come in!

~Kara

Um Kara...... Ask/tell him to wake you up when he comes to bed. Or use a sexy voice and a sexy face and announce it is time for bed baby. I bet he stops what he is doing and follows you like a puppy dog!
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/d57ee44f.jpg

GrandmaKiss
06-23-2012, 12:21 PM

Hey Molly, tell him that in a few more weeks you'll be able to sit on HIS lap, and he's gonna like that even more;):o;)

Mamalee
06-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Well, I have been back in the gym for 4 days this week and so far, so good. I have timed my restricted to 30 minutes before and added a 4th, which I have right after I am finished. I tried to take it a little easier in spin, but it is hard to do since I am so used to pushing myself. It is weird to think that exercise isn't needed to lose and may even negate what I am doing. I am trying to go lighter on my weights, again hard to do because they feel...well...light LOL! I am doing more core. Hope this is all ok. Guess we well see at WI on Monday, then again next Monday. I think it will take a couple weeks to know if this is ok.

Stayed completely 100% OP again this week and noticed all my cravings for sweets is gone. What a relief!!! I am actually really enjoying my meals, eating more slowly and savoring them. Such a change! Don't think I have ever eaten slowly, savoring bites, and had 3 meals and snack. I had such bad habits. I can see why IP is such a success. After months of eating so regiments, so scheduled, new habits will form replacing those old ones. :-)

I LOVE IP!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

GrandmaKiss
06-23-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm spending the weekend helping hubby get ready to go to Church camp (He's a leader). I will be staying home. Last year I went as the campcook but decided that there was no way for me to stay OP while cooking 3 meals plus 2 snacks for 6 days for 80 people.

I used to be a stay at home, home-school Mom but all the kidlets are grown and gone so the house will be quite empty while he is gone. I do extensive volunteer work from home, but I will need to make a concerted effort to get out of the house and talk to "real" people while he is gone.

Does anyone have any ideas of things I can do with my girlfriends (all as fat and sassy as me) that doesn't involve food? Tried the movie the other night but the smell of popcorn was too much and I left early (it may have had to do with SnowWhite and the Huntsmen was horrible). Unfortunately our traditions all seem to be at a table surrounded by non OP food with each of us vieing for the prize of the most decadent food offerings.

reneepw
06-23-2012, 12:44 PM

Noooo.. don't feel cheated! 7 pounds in 2 weeks is something to celebrate. I like what usmcvet said - pick up the milk jug! Don't binge - come here and write! I love that everyone here is very blunt yet supportive.

Have a great weekend!

you have a great weather day for Hershey! Enjoy! My husbands step mother loves the spa there. Maybe that should be our get together - we can get chocolate spa treatments - just no tasting!

I've been avoiding the sushi places thinking it would not be good for me. Let us know how it turns out for you!

reneepw
06-23-2012, 12:48 PM
It's almost afternoon and I'm just getting here. I feel like I'm late :) I slept late this morning - I guess the stress of the past few weeks caught up with me! Last night the church festival was fun, even though we had to close down early due to weather. someone brought us funnel cake in our booth - didn't touch it - yay me! I went to pick up hubby at a friends party (i was DD) and got to spend some time with folks I hadn't seen in awhile. Walked past the dessert table - yay me. Did eat a couple of soft pretzel bits - boo me. But managed to stop after a couple. so-so me. all in all - pretty good compared to what I would have done pre-IP.
Today my son is off to his girlfriends graduation party. Son 2 and I are going back to the festival since the weather is perfect for it today. Other than that - I'm going produce shopping. I swear I feel like we go through veggies 10xs faster than ever before! I love it though.

Have a wonderful weekend. Keep up the great attitudes everyone.
And don't forget to add little umbrellas in those festive water cocktails!
Renee:dizzy:

AMS65
06-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Hello everybody!
excited to announce I have lost 8lbs on my first week of IP. Do you think it is reasonable to expect that I can lose 80lbs in 5 months time? Do you lose faster with cardio and weaight training?
Thanks!

patns
06-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Will be doing lots of peeing in the bush until we get the water hooked up at the cabin for the season, but that's part of the adventure right?

So you don't want me to tell the skeeters to just keep on blowing into Sask???

I used to be on the look out for Saskatchewan people to ask them to catch my patio furniture on the way by, but hubby converted the deck to a solarium and that solved that problem.
Just not used to living on the prairie even after 10 years.
Have a fun weekend, it is finally feeling a bit summery here.

pat

patns
06-23-2012, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=WingnutandMe;4381177]You know, for a few weeks, I've been envisioning this huge 3FC IP Forum Homeocming. Somewhere central where we all come to and meet, hug each other :grouphug:, talk, and share our journeys. Only problem, we'd have to find a building with lots of bathrooms. LOL

QUOTE]

Ok, central. How about North Dakota or Montana?
That would be central for me.

Seriously though, I'd love a get together.

Pat

patns
06-23-2012, 01:10 PM
So I went to my clinic yesterday to get more food and to get weighed in again. My coach is now perplexed. After my first week I only lost .8 and now this week I went up .2...So they said this week no restricted foods at all and lets see what happens

Can you list what you ate? Coaches usually start with saying no restricted but the issue is often people not getting enough in. what did a typical day look like?

Pat

Tripmama
06-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Haven't checked in here in awhile- all is going well! 81 pounds gone forever! Anyone that is getting discouraged, my advice is to stay the course...I have been on many diets and this one really works for me.

On the potty side of things, at my new job there is no running water, therefore no potty...I have to walk over to a public bathroom, which is across the Salmon River, so I have to be sure I don't have to "go" too bad or the raging of the river will make me "go" too soon! But I can't let it lessen my water drinking...that is all important.

Keep rocking the IP!

Chloe222
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Good Morning everybody!

Cadu,
Is the shin dig you mention the family wedding reception you were holding?

I know I'm behind on news.

Have a great day,
Chloe

Stefany1769
06-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Headed to my WI this morning... Not expecting much due to TOM, wish me luck :D

jmuroff1
06-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Breakfast
Chocolate and Raspberry Bar
Shot of espresso

Lunch
Salad
Broccoli and cauliflower
Herb and Cheese omelet

Dinner
Baked chicken
Vegetable stir fry

Snack
Shake

Can you list what you ate? Coaches usually start with saying no restricted but the issue is often people not getting enough in. what did a typical day look like?

Pat

jmuroff1
06-23-2012, 01:57 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!

mompattie
06-23-2012, 02:22 PM
So you don't want me to tell the skeeters to just keep on blowing into Sask???

I used to be on the look out for Saskatchewan people to ask them to catch my patio furniture on the way by, but hubby converted the deck to a solarium and that solved that problem.
Just not used to living on the prairie even after 10 years.
Have a fun weekend, it is finally feeling a bit summery here.

pat

LOL pat. You can keep those darn Mosquitos. Now only if they sucked faband not blood... Lmao

Cadu - I stashed a roll of TP in the car just in case! Thanks for the tip sista! Lol

Great weekend everyone!!

usmcvet
06-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Haven't checked in here in awhile- all is going well! 81 pounds gone forever! Anyone that is getting discouraged, my advice is to stay the course...I have been on many diets and this one really works for me.

On the potty side of things, at my new job there is no running water, therefore no potty...I have to walk over to a public bathroom, which is across the Salmon River, so I have to be sure I don't have to "go" too bad or the raging of the river will make me "go" too soon! But I can't let it lessen my water drinking...that is all important.

Keep rocking the IP!

Whoo Hooooo! Awesome.

If I find this Tom guy bothering everyone I'm gonna kick him in the twig and berries!

@ Kaypix. You're a catch. Keep working it you're doing awesome.

Porthardygurl
06-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Good Morning All from Port Hardy BC...The rain is drizzlin but hey..were all happy!!

I couldnt help but have a few laughs and giggles at everyones posts today!

Wingnut Totally know what you mean about having to be held down in the hot tub..that was me on my honeymoon with my DH this past March...I kept floatin to the top and the rain and hail kept making me cold cause i couldnt stay down under the water to keep warm..He had to hold my arms and legs down. Lol..But glad to see that you are "sinking" into things!

Kaypix Totally get the whole "timing" thing when it comes to baking cookies..I tell ya...my DH tends to go to bed before me and wake up before me..so its like...in the morning doesnt work cause im trying to sleep in and he is trying to wake up and at night..he is falling asleep and im wide awake...Lol... Oh well..guess we are just going to have stay in the kitchen and keep trying!! :)

Btw..i think "Baking cookies" ought to be added to official forum lingo cause im pretty certain that newcomers might think there is something wrong with diet and baking cookies all the time..

Oh and i second whoever said that WUV is in love! Wuv and her love sittin in the tree..k i s s i n g...First comes love! Then comes marriage!! and then comes...well i dont know what would come next... (cant believe i remember that song..im such a dork) I guess its cause im still young..

Ive noticed a trend on the board today with all this potty talk..so i thought i would add two cents myself.. Last night i went to the bathroom a million times like i always do...and always you turn to flush the toilet and you cant help but notice the color of your pee...or in my case lack of color..Because we all know that if we drink lots and lots of water...are pee should virtually be clear...Well i go to turn around and OMG its dark yellow!!!! WHATS WRONG WITH ME!!! DO I HAVE A KIDNEY INFECTION????? See..ive had a strange history of kidney infections and everytime i get one..i see dark yellow...so im freaking out cause i know i have drank over two litres and my pee shouldnt look like that...Then i walk into the bedroom...and all of the sudden it hits me...DH was just in the bathroom ahead of me and he didnt flush the toilet!!!! He is the one not drinking enough water..Tut tut...

Anywho..thats my potty story for the day...hope everyone has a great day today!!!

PS...whoever came up with the rubarb crumble is a freaking genius...i love it sooo much..its like..who doesnt love dessert for dinner!

evepet
06-23-2012, 03:07 PM

Keep rocking the IP!

Congrats on the 81 pounds gone forever. You are doing fabulously. :carrot:

Goodness - the idea of you having to cross a river every time you need a washroom sounds like a challenge... I also totally get how all that water rushing underneath would reaaally make things tricky.

Stefany1769
06-23-2012, 03:37 PM
1.7 is still a really good loss! :) Make sure you are getting all of your water in, if not more, dehydration slows down weight loss so it could be the heat. :hug:
Yes, DH is my fairytale come true after being alone for 28 years. Glad he remembered me from our classic car days 40 years ago and tracked me down.

I hate stress. My job is tops for that now. DH retires in a month. I'm really looking at just using a bit of my retirement and paying the bills and retiring now instead of working a year or so more. Is it really worth the stress. I'm thinking not.

The job brings me to your last statement about not seeing me much. I barely have time to come home at night and make dinner (sometimes a separate meal for "skin and bones" DH) and read through the posts. By that time it's usually past my bedtime since I leave for work before 7AM. I've worked for 45 years now and since I no longer enjoy my job, I'm ready to retire.

Molly
I hate stress too, it is fiscal year end at the Borough this month and I had a commission meeting, etc, etc, etc. I really feel for you, the long hours can be soooooo tiring and it isnt good for us. Hang in there. :hug::hug:

wuv2bloved
06-23-2012, 04:11 PM
dude she is in love!

Y'all are crazy.....lol.....takes a while to fall in love now a days. Gotta take it SLOWWWWW.....lol.....Last night he said it feels like he has been gone forever and he only left on Wednesday. He said he needs to find something closer to home...hmmm wonder why?.....lol.....He said when he talks to me on the phone the time passes by quicker, which I can understand so I will talk to him whatever time he calls me. Its nice to have someone to talk to after not having someone for 6 yrs :)

Mom and I decided not to go to the car show, went went to the flea market instead. We got cucumbers 2 for $1 and she bought her a few sundresses for cheap. Its too hot to be sitting on the beach today, so we came back home. Maybe later we will go and sit on the beach once it starts to cool off.

WingnutandMe
06-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Hey Molly, tell him that in a few more weeks you'll be able to sit on HIS lap, and he's gonna like that even more;):o;)

What you're implying will only work with that 62 year old man if I can find that hidden testosterone in him. Even without our conflicting schedules, baking cookies is usually a rare event.

Molly

patns
06-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Breakfast
Chocolate and Raspberry Bar
Shot of espresso

Lunch
Salad
Broccoli and cauliflower
Herb and Cheese omelet

Dinner
Baked chicken
Vegetable stir fry

Snack
Shake

Doesn't look bad. When I really slowed down losing for a month I suddenly lost after eating out at a steak house. I realized it was because I had cut down to no fat in my daily meals. My animal protein was all chicken breast or white fish. I was using the individual packets of WF dressing because they were convenient to pack for my lunch salad so I wasn't getting my olive oil in.
So I measured out my olive oil and made sure I put it all on salads and I added back some red meat and the weight loss started up again. Make sure you haven't completly eliminated good fats.

I hope you find the answer to your problems with IP, it must be frustrating.

jmuroff1
06-23-2012, 05:45 PM
It can be frustrated but I like to have a positive outlook on things. I see the results everyone is receiving at work so I know the program works. I just need to tweak it so that it is customized to my body :) I bought a Misto yesterday so hopefully that will help me some. On a good note my coworkers say I look like I'm losing so I must be losing inches at least :D If it wasn't for all of the encouraging posts I read on here I would have quit already lol but Im going to keep trucking til I lose the weight :broc:

Doesn't look bad. When I really slowed down losing for a month I suddenly lost after eating out at a steak house. I realized it was because I had cut down to no fat in my daily meals. My animal protein was all chicken breast or white fish. I was using the individual packets of WF dressing because they were convenient to pack for my lunch salad so I wasn't getting my olive oil in.
So I measured out my olive oil and made sure I put it all on salads and I added back some red meat and the weight loss started up again. Make sure you haven't completly eliminated good fats.

I hope you find the answer to your problems with IP, it must be frustrating.

Stefany1769
06-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Hello everybody!
excited to announce I have lost 8lbs on my first week of IP. Do you think it is reasonable to expect that I can lose 80lbs in 5 months time? Do you lose faster with cardio and weaight training?
Thanks!
WoooooHoooooo!!! :carrot:
Whoo Hooooo! Awesome.

If I find this Tom guy bothering everyone I'm gonna kick him in the twig and berries!

LMAO!!!! :rofl::joker: I'd like to get in on that action if you ever find him!!

It can be frustrated but I like to have a positive outlook on things. I see the results everyone is receiving at work so I know the program works. I just need to tweak it so that it is customized to my body :) I bought a Misto yesterday so hopefully that will help me some. On a good note my coworkers say I look like I'm losing so I must be losing inches at least :D If it wasn't for all of the encouraging posts I read on here I would have quit already lol but Im going to keep trucking til I lose the weight :broc:

Im glad that this board is able to help you. I agree though you might not have enough fat in your diet if you arent getting in your oil. I noticed a difference when I made the effort to get it in or ate fattier meats. I just got the Misto a couple of weeks ago, I LOVE IT!! :D

GrandmaKiss
06-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Even without our conflicting schedules, baking cookies is usually a rare event.

Well even if baking cookies is a rare event, stirring the batter can still be fun. ;)

usmcvet
06-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Good Morning All from Port Hardy BC...The rain is drizzlin but hey..were all happy!!

I couldnt help but have a few laughs and giggles at everyones posts today!

Wingnut Totally know what you mean about having to be held down in the hot tub..that was me on my honeymoon with my DH this past March...I kept floatin to the top and the rain and hail kept making me cold cause i couldnt stay down under the water to keep warm..He had to hold my arms and legs down. Lol..But glad to see that you are "sinking" into things!

Kaypix Totally get the whole "timing" thing when it comes to baking cookies..I tell ya...my DH tends to go to bed before me and wake up before me..so its like...in the morning doesnt work cause im trying to sleep in and he is trying to wake up and at night..he is falling asleep and im wide awake...Lol... Oh well..guess we are just going to have stay in the kitchen and keep trying!! :)

Btw..i think "Baking cookies" ought to be added to official forum lingo cause im pretty certain that newcomers might think there is something wrong with diet and baking cookies all the time..

Oh and i second whoever said that WUV is in love! Wuv and her love sittin in the tree..k i s s i n g...First comes love! Then comes marriage!! and then comes...well i dont know what would come next... (cant believe i remember that song..im such a dork) I guess its cause im still young..

then comes xyz in the baby carriage, sucking his/her thumb, peeing his/her pants.....

Yeah not sure how to delicately add the cookie baking to the daily chat. Good thought though.

1.7 is still a really good loss! :) Make sure you are getting all of your water in, if not more, dehydration slows down weight loss so it could be the heat. :hug:

I hate stress too, it is fiscal year end at the Borough this month and I had a commission meeting, etc, etc, etc. I really feel for you, the long hours can be soooooo tiring and it isnt good for us. Hang in there. :hug::hug:

Y'all are crazy.....lol.....takes a while to fall in love now a days. Gotta take it SLOWWWWW.....

Words of wisdom

What you're implying will only work with that 62 year old man if I can find that hidden testosterone in him. Even without our conflicting schedules, baking cookies is usually a rare event.

Molly

Does he have low T? I know at 62 it is supposed to be lower. I've been on a testosterone replacement since chemotherapy knocked mine out of production about 7 years ago. I did androgel first, but my insurance plan changed and it was over $700 a month, I tried patches but they sucked, they fell off and left sticky residue on me that was very hard to wash off. I had to wear two a day! Now I get a shot twice a month, had it this morning. I tried giving it to myself, I was able to once in the office with the nurse, then tried on my own and could not do it. It is an itramuscular shot so the needle is pretty long and and the T is ver thick so it is miz with one, switch and ingect with another. If anyone ever needs on ask the person to inject the T SLOWLY if they push it in fast it hurts like **** for three or four days, like a boil. It works very well to improve libido and sexual function, it helps tremendously with making me feel better. The weight loss does too but I think you've said hubby is thin.

I don't think the shots are even $30 a month. I can check if anyone cares or needs to know.

Stefany1769
06-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Another 2 pounds and 2 inches gone!!! YEAY! :D

I am headed in to Old Navy today they are having a shorts sale and the only pair I own is a size 14 and that is 3-4 sizes to big! :dizzy: lol
I also have to head to the phone company, my modem broke down... dangit. I might end up at the lake for a little bit, hoping I dont end up to crisp... lol
It is a beautiful sunny day here and I'm headed out to enjoy it! I got my packets and veggies ready to go
Have a wonderful IP day IPeeps! :carrot:

jmuroff1
06-23-2012, 06:47 PM
That's awesome Stefany!! Get ur shop on girl!!!! :hug:

I am headed in to Old Navy today they are having a shorts sale and the only pair I own is a size 14 and that is 3-4 sizes to big! :dizzy: lol
I also have to head to the phone company, my modem broke down... dangit. I might end up at the lake for a little bit, hoping I dont end up to crisp... lol
It is a beautiful sunny day here and I'm headed out to enjoy it! I got my packets and veggies ready to go

WingnutandMe
06-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Does he have low T? I know at 62 it is supposed to be lower. I've been on a testosterone replacement since chemotherapy knocked mine out of production about 7 years ago. I did androgel first, but my insurance plan changed and it was over $700 a month, I tried patches but they sucked, they fell off and left sticky residue on me that was very hard to wash off. I had to wear two a day! Now I get a shot twice a month, had it this morning. I tried giving it to myself, I was able to once in the office with the nurse, then tried on my own and could not do it. It is an itramuscular shot so the needle is pretty long and and the T is ver thick so it is miz with one, switch and ingect with another. If anyone ever needs on ask the person to inject the T SLOWLY if they push it in fast it hurts like **** for three or four days, like a boil. It works very well to improve libido and sexual function, it helps tremendously with making me feel better. The weight loss does too but I think you've said hubby is thin.

I don't think the shots are even $30 a month. I can check if anyone cares or needs to know.

Thanks for all that guy info. I am just supposing stuff and I'm pretty uneducated about men (no involvement until we got married when I was 60 - just fell off the turnip truck when it comes to men). It's not ED, but no interest a lot of times. Sort of like the comments men often make about women "having a headache." Some maybe mental from being "shot down" by two ex's. I am on bio-identical hormones and know how those work and know they have them for men, too. He's doctor adverse, so I guess all I'll get to do is just vent on here. Other than this frustration, he's Prince Charming.
Molly

Cadu
06-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Well even if baking cookies is a rare event, stirring the batter can still be fun. ;)

ROFL

Yaaaaaay Stefany!!!!!!!! congrats:carrot:

redmomof4
06-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Getting ready to head to a local BrewFest for the evening. I told a bunch of our friends that I would be their DD tonight so that would give me another reason to not partake in the alcoholic beverages. Two of them took me up on it, so I think I'm in the clear. But every positive willpower thought is needed and will not go to waist (pun intended!) I'll be drinking my water with Propel Zero and dancin' the night away in the Beer Garden!
Shawna

jules26965
06-23-2012, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=Longhorn Energy;4381073]Ughhh, so miss drinkin with my buddies...was out tonight with some of my regular party peeps...drank water all night while they all tried to convince me that shots are low calorie lol

So I went to my friend's party last night and drank water and actually had fun! I left around 1AM (the bars close at 2) since I had to work this morning. Danced a little and took some pictures...but yeah it wasn't really the same. I think there are some people who suspect I'm pregnant since they've never known me not drink at a bar at a party :o

Thanks to you all for making me see the light and keeping me 100% OP!

paulimapi
06-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Today for dinner, I made zucchini "pasta", then added like 1/8 of a tomato to the food processor, and mixed it with parsley, garlic, water and half a teaspoon of olive oil, that was my "pasta sauce".
Then I added 7oz of small shrimp to it and added salt and a teaspoon of olive oil to it and it was delicious! Like a shrimp pasta dish :P I love how creative I've gotten with food.
I also really love this kitchen gadget (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DDVYE?a=B0000DDVYE&linkCode=as2&l=as2&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&tag=recipfromaglu-20&camp=ARRAY(0xd97b8834)&o=1&creativeASIN=B0000DDVYE) that makes pasta out of veggies. :carrot:

rainbowsmiles
06-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Today for dinner, I made zucchini "pasta", then added like 1/8 of a tomato to the food processor, and mixed it with parsley, garlic, water and half a teaspoon of olive oil, that was my "pasta sauce".
Then I added 7oz of small shrimp to it and added salt and a teaspoon of olive oil to it and it was delicious! Like a shrimp pasta dish :P I love how creative I've gotten with food.
I also really love this kitchen gadget (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DDVYE?a=B0000DDVYE&linkCode=as2&l=as2&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&tag=recipfromaglu-20&camp=ARRAY(0xd97b8834)&o=1&creativeASIN=B0000DDVYE) that makes pasta out of veggies. :carrot:

omg!!!! i just ordered me one of those 2 days ago!!! does it work good??? i can't wait to try it!! do you have photos...your recipe sound divine!!! love your pasta sauce!! yum!!! :carrot::carrot:

paulimapi
06-23-2012, 10:18 PM
omg!!!! i just ordered me one of those 2 days ago!!! does it work good??? i can't wait to try it!! do you have photos...your recipe sound divine!!! love your pasta sauce!! yum!!! :carrot::carrot:

I thought about taking pictures once I had finished eating LOL, but I'll def take some for you guys the next time! Yes, it works beautifully :) And yes, the pasta sauce is so simple but it tastes great <3

chicagoboiler
06-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Saturday. When I started IP, with my coach's guidance, I quit training for a half marathon with my best friend and made my diet a priority instead. However, I agreed to run with her for the last two miles and I'm freaking out. I haven't run in 6 weeks and my coach told me to eat toast or fruit before. How sad is it that I am afraid to put this in my body? I chose fruit because I'm a carb addict and toast would probably send my cravings for bread out of control. Wish me luck tomorrow!!

rainbowsmiles
06-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Saturday. When I started IP, with my coach's guidance, I quit training for a half marathon with my best friend and made my diet a priority instead. However, I agreed to run with her for the last two miles and I'm freaking out. I haven't run in 6 weeks and my coach told me to eat toast or fruit before. How sad is it that I am afraid to put this in my body? I chose fruit because I'm a carb addict and toast would probably send my cravings for bread out of control. Wish me luck tomorrow!!

good luck tomorrow!! i am certain you will LOVE EVERY STEP YOU RUN!!good for you for planning ahead and for supporting your friend!! enjoy and HAVE FUN!!

usmcvet
06-23-2012, 10:32 PM
WoooooHoooooo!!! :carrot:

LMAO!!!! :rofl::joker: I'd like to get in on that action if you ever find him!!

Im glad that this board is able to help you. I agree though you might not have enough fat in your diet if you arent getting in your oil. I noticed a difference when I made the effort to get it in or ate fattier meats. I just got the Misto a couple of weeks ago, I LOVE IT!! :D

I will hold him downfor you!

Very true.

Have a wonderful IP day IPeeps! :carrot:Eah skinny clothes!

Thanks for all that guy info. I am just supposing stuff and I'm pretty uneducated about men (no involvement until we got married when I was 60 - just fell off the turnip truck when it comes to men). It's not ED, but no interest a lot of times. Sort of like the comments men often make about women "having a headache." Some maybe mental from being "shot down" by two ex's. I am on bio-identical hormones and know how those work and know they have them for men, too. He's doctor adverse, so I guess all I'll get to do is just vent on here. Other than this frustration, he's Prince Charming.
Molly
well after my chemo and once I was feeling better I was curious Why at 32 I wasn't, well, horny. Morning erections also disappeared. So a google search led me in the right direction. I suspected hypo-gonadism which was confirmed with a simple blood test. My PA, a woman, looked at me after the blood tests and said mater of factly, the chemo knocked out your nuts! The T brought back my good moods, libido, desire and function. I drove my wife crazy for the first few weeks!

I also really love this kitchen gadget (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DDVYE?a=B0000DDVYE&linkCode=as2&l=as2&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&tag=recipfromaglu-20&camp=ARRAY(0xd97b8834)&o=1&creativeASIN=B0000DDVYE) that makes pasta out of veggies. :carrot: sounds really good.

Mamalee
06-23-2012, 11:00 PM

You look fantastic! Wow!!
And, how exciting to have to buy clothes cause they are too big!! That is an awesome problem to have. LOL!! Congratulations!
You are an inspiration to us beginners. Thanks :-)

Satobb
06-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Whoo Hooooo! Awesome.

Lol! I'm in with you. He's every where!

Kaypix
06-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Hey guys, just checking in for a bit quick, turned out we busted out the exhaust today, got the throttle point started, and a few other little steps. Now hanging in bed watching GI Joe while the pets are all spread out around us. mowed the lawn today too, hoping that helps towards my loss on Monday...oh well, I'm super spacey so I'm calling it a night, toddles all and see you all tomorrow!

Stefany1769
06-24-2012, 12:06 AM
That's awesome Stefany!! Get ur shop on girl!!!! :hug:

ROFL
Yaaaaaay Stefany!!!!!!!! congrats:carrot:

You look fantastic! Wow!!
And, how exciting to have to buy clothes cause they are too big!! That is an awesome problem to have. LOL!! Congratulations!
You are an inspiration to us beginners. Thanks :-)
Thank you all for the nice comments! This board is awesome for positive reinforcement. :D

I will hold him downfor you!

Eah skinny clothes!

well after my chemo and once I was feeling better I was curious Why at 32 I wasn't, well, horny. Morning erections also disappeared. So a google search led me in the right direction. I suspected hypo-gonadism which was confirmed with a simple blood test. My PA, a woman, looked at me after the blood tests and said mater of factly, the chemo knocked out your nuts! The T brought back my good moods, libido, desire and function. I drove my wife crazy for the first few weeks!

sounds really good.

I laughed out loud about the chemo knocking out your nuts! How matter of fact of her! hahaha!
On a serious side though, my mom went through chemo for non-hodgkins lymphoma and it isnt fun. You have to be a strong person to get through that! :hug:

BLUEJEWEL
06-24-2012, 12:31 AM

good for you! I am scheduled for a marathon in October, and have yet to learn about exercise on IP. I do 2 fulls and one half a year and really do not want to give those up. I am actually hoping carrying less weight will help my times. I would appreciate any feedback you can provide. This is my first week so I have not done anything this week, but next week I was going to just walk 1 or 2 miles a day to keep moving, but I will need to start prepping by the end of july. is that not okay?

I really enjoy reading all your posts! I have really enjoyed this first week, I know I have a lot to learn. I printed out Dr Trans book I have read the first 60 pages. Eager to get through all of it, I think I saw a sub heading on marathon training, and I thought it odd on pg 58 it says eat all veggies you want, so I imagine it gets more specific later.

well congrats to all of you on your successes:carrot:

explore
06-24-2012, 06:32 AM

Stay with it. I started losing more in my third week when my coach added another packet. It turns out, I needed more food to lose weight. Other factors: are you drinking all your water? are you exercising (exercise slows your progress). It could also be your cycle. I never lose (usually gain) mid cycle. Everyone is different, so don't compare your numbers. I find it very helpful to use the journal and write everything down.

explore
06-24-2012, 07:00 AM
good for you! I am scheduled for a marathon in October, and have yet to learn about exercise on IP. I do 2 fulls and one half a year and really do not want to give those up. I am actually hoping carrying less weight will help my times. I would appreciate any feedback you can provide. This is my first week so I have not done anything this week, but next week I was going to just walk 1 or 2 miles a day to keep moving, but I will need to start prepping by the end of july. is that not okay?:

Walking is okay, but try to do as little as possible the first 3 weeks. After that, walking, yoga, and light activity is fine. I can speak to you about exercising while OP, but I don't think you can do this program (phase I or II), and run a marathon. I think that would be very dangerous. Here is my experience with exercise on the diet: The program will slow when you add higher intensity exercise. I love to exercise, and have exercised 3x/week from the start (I am an instructor), but I take the other days off and give my body a rest. I'm usually biking 100 miles/week at this point in the summer, but I have not even looked at my bike yet. This is how I incorporate exercise (which does slow the weight loss): I eat a restricted 30-45 minutes before class, and another restricted within 30 minutes of finishing class. I have less to lose, so I am fine with this. I do think it helps that I don't exercise for 3-4 days in a row (this is when I seem to lose more, and I maintain on the exercise days). I also find this diet so incredible that I have no desire to cheat or get discouraged with a slower weight loss. I am even scared to go off the phase I. My advice is to try and give your body a rest those first few weeks before adding anything in.

usmcvet
06-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Thank you all for the nice comments! This board is awesome for positive reinforcement. :D

I laughed out loud about the chemo knocking out your nuts! How matter of fact of her! hahaha!
On a serious side though, my mom went through chemo for non-hodgkins lymphoma and it isnt fun. You have to be a strong person to get through that! :hug:

I meant yeah skinny clothes! Big thumbs and auto complete!

WingnutandMe
06-24-2012, 10:08 AM

Yes, how funny about your PA. I'm glad you've straightened things out, especially at your age. We're both in our early 60s. Big difference. DH did not know I wrote about any of this (and would be REALLY upset if he did know). It must be ESP though, as there was cookie baking last night and this morning. Some of it would be because he starts four 8PM-8AM work shifts tonight and knows we'll only see each other for a couple hours when I get home from work, get him up, cook him dinner, and get him off to work. At least after those four days(nights), he has 10 days off and we'll leave and go to our cottage in Michigan.

Everyone have a good OP Sunday.
Molly

foxxybrown
06-24-2012, 10:15 AM
I posted this on another thread today and just wanted to share it with everyone to encourage us to keep going no matter what people say!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

You know, this morning I had a friend that told me for me to lose 25 lbs in 34 days was dangerous and I need to be careful. This is coming from someone wanting to do the HCG diet and has not lost weight. I say, do what you feel makes you happy. A lot of Haters are out there and they will try to find any negative or make up one just to pull you down. I call it the crabs in the barrel effect. You know, one trying to get out and the other wanting to pull you down.

I had a friend like that from home. I was at my highest 287. She somewhat heavy, but always have been smaller than me, yet she struggles with her weight. I started eating clean and losing and got down to around 240 and she came to visit me. I was trying to cook clean and she would eat, but wanted to go to BK and TGIF and places like that. I told her that I didn't want to eat at those places because I wanted to stay eating clean. She told me what I cooked was delicious, but she kept pushing and pushing and wanting to go drinking and wanting to get candy. I fell off the wagon after her visit and started again and plateaued.

Then when I lost down to about 220, I was going home to visit. She called me before I came home and told me that she was gonna buy me some cotton candy when I got there. I told her I don't eat that stuff anymore and I'm trying to lose weight again. She said "You will eat it if I buy it for you." I told her no, and that I will not be eating out a lot. I need to lose the weight. She told me that I shouldn't refuse to eat out and my family wouldn't like it. I told her my family will be supportive. I went home, she wanted to go out to eat, I told her I would rather do something else. She cancelled on me to go on a date with some guy and she never came over to see me. She never called, only talked to me via text. I even invited her when I DID go out as a group to a restaurant, but she didn't go. I have known her for over 16 years.

I said all that to say this, sometimes when you make changes in your life, your friends or family will see it. It is like in family group dynamics that if one portion of the group is affected, it changes the entire dynamic of the group. Therefore, once you change, it changes the dynamic of friendships because either (1) they are jealous, (2) they feel that now their problems will surface. My friend always liked to be the one that told me how to live my life and the advice giver. When I started changing my life and coming into my own when I moved from home, she started feeling threatened and would begin to sabotage our friendship & my accomplishments. She also became very judgmental of me. I decided this was a very toxic situation for me and have since kept her at a far distance. I begin to see her for who she really was (she is pretty self conscious which causes her to be very vain and a craver of attention) and decided in order for me to be on a positive journey, I needed to release the toxicity. So I did, and I have been losing my weight ever since. She realizes I believe that I am distant, so she called me yesterday. I just talked a little and listened to her go on and on about stuff in her life. I kept pretty quiet about mine and just only mentioned my weight loss. She sounded supportive, but I know that she is not in a space to be able to truly support me. And I just leave it at that. I'm almost her size now so I just keep going and stay encourage. Hoping you and everyone will do the same!

usmcvet
06-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Go Molly. Go Molly.

PEIslandGirl
06-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Hello All - rainy day on the east coast today. Down again this week and nearly at goal, very nervous about Phasing off since I can do Phase 1 standing on my head... Over 40lbs gone and people are just noticing now so getting lots of great compliments, maybe it's because I am wearing clothes that actually fit. Wearing size 2-4, still hard to believe. I never want to go back to my old size, I love my new body and having so much fun dressing it and showing it off. My mind hasn't caught up with my new body a friend of mine who I always considered so tiny wanted to try my jacket on (which was a little loose on me) well it was tight on her...odd how off our preception of our own bodies is?
Love this program and love this site, I have learned so much from everyone on my journey.
Hope everyone has a great day.

WingnutandMe
06-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Hello All - rainy day on the east coast today. Down again this week and nearly at goal, very nervous about Phasing off since I can do Phase 1 standing on my head... Over 40lbs gone and people are just noticing now so getting lots of great compliments, maybe it's because I am wearing clothes that actually fit. Wearing size 2-4, still hard to believe. I never want to go back to my old size, I love my new body and having so much fun dressing it and showing it off. My mind hasn't caught up with my new body a friend of mine who I always considered so tiny wanted to try my jacket on (which was a little loose on me) well it was tight on her...odd how off our preception of our own bodies is?
Love this program and love this site, I have learned so much from everyone on my journey.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Congratulations. :bravo:
You can do it. You put your head into doing Phase 1, now just use that same determination to determine what you need to do to phase off. I have quite a few more months until I have to face the same thing (we all will eventually). Please let us know how it goes.

Yes, perception of yourself if a very hard thing. That may be the tougher struggle. I know I will have that issue since I've not been below 200 lbs in 20 years and have always been at least larger than everyone else (even as a child). I have never had a thin, fit thought in my head. Let us know what you find to help you see yourself differently.

Hang in there. You know the forum support will always be there.
Molly

Darralyn
06-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I posted this on another thread today and just wanted to share it with everyone to encourage us to keep going no matter what people say!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

You know, this morning I had a friend that told me for me to lose 25 lbs in 34 days was dangerous and I need to be careful. This is coming from someone wanting to do the HCG diet and has not lost weight. I say, do what you feel makes you happy. A lot of Haters are out there and they will try to find any negative or make up one just to pull you down. I call it the crabs in the barrel effect. You know, one trying to get out and the other wanting to pull you down.

I had a friend like that from home. I was at my highest 287. She somewhat heavy, but always have been smaller than me, yet she struggles with her weight. I started eating clean and losing and got down to around 240 and she came to visit me. I was trying to cook clean and she would eat, but wanted to go to BK and TGIF and places like that. I told her that I didn't want to eat at those places because I wanted to stay eating clean. She told me what I cooked was delicious, but she kept pushing and pushing and wanting to go drinking and wanting to get candy. I fell off the wagon after her visit and started again and plateaued.

Then when I lost down to about 220, I was going home to visit. She called me before I came home and told me that she was gonna buy me some cotton candy when I got there. I told her I don't eat that stuff anymore and I'm trying to lose weight again. She said "You will eat it if I buy it for you." I told her no, and that I will not be eating out a lot. I need to lose the weight. She told me that I shouldn't refuse to eat out and my family wouldn't like it. I told her my family will be supportive. I went home, she wanted to go out to eat, I told her I would rather do something else. She cancelled on me to go on a date with some guy and she never came over to see me. She never called, only talked to me via text. I even invited her when I DID go out as a group to a restaurant, but she didn't go. I have known her for over 16 years.

I said all that to say this, sometimes when you make changes in your life, your friends or family will see it. It is like in family group dynamics that if one portion of the group is affected, it changes the entire dynamic of the group. Therefore, once you change, it changes the dynamic of friendships because either (1) they are jealous, (2) they feel that now their problems will surface. My friend always liked to be the one that told me how to live my life and the advice giver. When I started changing my life and coming into my own when I moved from home, she started feeling threatened and would begin to sabotage our friendship & my accomplishments. She also became very judgmental of me. I decided this was a very toxic situation for me and have since kept her at a far distance. I begin to see her for who she really was (she is pretty self conscious which causes her to be very vain and a craver of attention) and decided in order for me to be on a positive journey, I needed to release the toxicity. So I did, and I have been losing my weight ever since. She realizes I believe that I am distant, so she called me yesterday. I just talked a little and listened to her go on and on about stuff in her life. I kept pretty quiet about mine and just only mentioned my weight loss. She sounded supportive, but I know that she is not in a space to be able to truly support me. And I just leave it at that. I'm almost her size now so I just keep going and stay encourage. Hoping you and everyone will do the same!

Congratulations on your insight into this friendship. It is painful I'm sure but if you don't take care of yourself, no one will! Hugs to you! :hug:

darcrista
06-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Last night i broke down.. 1st, I made this syrup with lemon juice, rosemary and splenda. that was ok.. mixed it with water.. an IP-OK treat.. But we had friends over (we are putting in a patio behind my house and some friends came to help) after the day's work was finished, the drinking began.. beeeer.. i love beeer. I did not drink any beer but it was tempting.. What I did do was put a shot of vodka into the OP drink I made, therefore making it totally NOT OP. Then after that, I did it again and then again, one last time. So yeah, last night I messed up. Not only that, but because I have not had alcohol in a while, I was a little drunk. Well maybe more than a little. I bought muffins for the people working on the patio, from my favorite place down the street. All day, the muffins were out there calling to me. I ignored them. But before bed, in my mentally weakened state, there was still one muffin left. My favorite one- raspberry with powdered sugar on top. All day I begged people to eat it. Why didn't they eat it?! I took a huge bite of that muffin. It was delicious. Thank God I spit it out right into the trash can. One more reason not to drink on this diet.. I know I could have eaten everything in the kitchen. Thankfully somehow, I had a tiny teensy bit of self control left. And I was tired. So, here is my confession. This morning I felt like crap, and rightfully so. I had a horrible headache and forgot to get in my salt, oil, and final 2 magnesium pills because of my childish behavior. I was planning on going off of IP for my sister's wedding next weekend. Looking forward to drinking and celebrating with everyone.. Now, I am definitely not going to drink.. It's not worth it.

julied31
06-24-2012, 11:57 AM
WI #3 today. Down another 3.4, so total of 13.8 in 3 weeks. I'm very happy about that!! We're on our 2nd day of vacation today. I brought all my packets with me, and even brought my scale!!

I do have a confession to make. I had 1-1/2 Miller 64's on Friday during a golf outing. I think I made up for it with extra water though. I think being on vacation will be hard - my husband went shopping last night and bought a lot of junk. Those Hersey kisses look SO good!! And I could really go for some pizza!! But I won't, because I really don't want my progress so far to go down the tubes!!!

swimcoachmomma
06-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Last night i broke down.. 1st, I made this syrup with lemon juice, rosemary and splenda. that was ok.. mixed it with water.. an IP-OK treat.. But we had friends over (we are putting in a patio behind my house and some friends came to help) after the day's work was finished, the drinking began.. beeeer.. i love beeer. I did not drink any beer but it was tempting.. What I did do was put a shot of vodka into the OP drink I made, therefore making it totally NOT OP. Then after that, I did it again and then again, one last time. So yeah, last night I messed up. Not only that, but because I have not had alcohol in a while, I was a little drunk. Well maybe more than a little. I bought muffins for the people working on the patio, from my favorite place down the street. All day, the muffins were out there calling to me. I ignored them. But before bed, in my mentally weakened state, there was still one muffin left. My favorite one- raspberry with powdered sugar on top. All day I begged people to eat it. Why didn't they eat it?! I took a huge bite of that muffin. It was delicious. Thank God I spit it out right into the trash can. One more reason not to drink on this diet.. I know I could have eaten everything in the kitchen. Thankfully somehow, I had a tiny teensy bit of self control left. And I was tired. So, here is my confession. This morning I felt like crap, and rightfully so. I had a horrible headache and forgot to get in my salt, oil, and final 2 magnesium pills because of my childish behavior. I was planning on going off of IP for my sister's wedding next weekend. Looking forward to drinking and celebrating with everyone.. Now, I am definitely not going to drink.. It's not worth it.

SO not worth it. I won't beat you up. You are doing a great job yourself. Lol. As we say in the wild west... Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, find your hat, and get right back on. Learn from your mistake and move forward. Drink a ton of water today also. Good luck.

mooselover
06-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Good morning all!!! I was out all day yesterday. We left at 6am and took the boat to the Yukon River and went fishing all day. We didn't get any bites (except for me, I got at least 25-30 mosquito bites peeing in the woods one time. Very bad idea!!!! I am so itchy, and I was covered in mosquito spray.) It was a beautiful and hot day on the water. We had a great time anyways. We didn't get home till 10pm, so it was a very long day.

I think we might go check out some of the Summer Solstice activities going on in Fairbanks today. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

AMS65
06-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Walking is okay, but try to do as little as possible the first 3 weeks. After that, walking, yoga, and light activity is fine. I can speak to you about exercising while OP, but I don't think you can do this program (phase I or II), and run a marathon. I think that would be very dangerous. Here is my experience with exercise on the diet: The program will slow when you add higher intensity exercise. I love to exercise, and have exercised 3x/week from the start (I am an instructor), but I take the other days off and give my body a rest. I'm usually biking 100 miles/week at this point in the summer, but I have not even looked at my bike yet. This is how I incorporate exercise (which does slow the weight loss): I eat a restricted 30-45 minutes before class, and another restricted within 30 minutes of finishing class. I have less to lose, so I am fine with this. I do think it helps that I don't exercise for 3-4 days in a row (this is when I seem to lose more, and I maintain on the exercise days). I also find this diet so incredible that I have no desire to cheat or get discouraged with a slower weight loss. I am even scared to go off the phase I. My advice is to try and give your body a rest those first few weeks before adding anything in.

Why does it slow the weight loss? What about weight lifting? I was really looking forward to working out soon - maybe not???? I would think it would speed the weight loss. My coach didn't tell me any of this!!!!!

wuv2bloved
06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Why does it slow the weight loss? What about weight lifting? I was really looking forward to working out soon - maybe not???? I would think it would speed the weight loss. My coach didn't tell me any of this!!!!!

You are only consuming 800-900 cals a day, working out burns half if not more of that. This is why they say don't work out enough to work up your heart beat, a moderate walk or yoga should be fine

Ravenswood2012
06-24-2012, 12:43 PM

What's done is done & sounds like you learned from it.... DON'T beat yourself up any longer! Just start fresh, move on, & forget about it!! Good Luck & have a total OP IP Week :)

wuv2bloved
06-24-2012, 12:51 PM

I had this same type of friend, she was my best friend for 10 yrs, we worked together we did everything together. There were 3 of us, I was always the bigger of the 3. They always had men, I never did and they would always say "you are pretty but very intimidating at the same time". I am who I am, if my smile is intimidating to guys then they REALLY are lame....lol.

3 years ago when I stopped working at the same store as her we drifted apart from each other. I would still stop by and see her at the store but you could tell she was stand offish toward me, jealous of me because I had bettered myself by getting a better job. She no longer called me to go hang out or anything, I just let it go. Last year she contacted me cuz she was having "man" issues and I was the only one she could talk to about it. I listened like normal, told her what I thought and left it at that. I didn't tell her I was starting this diet, when she saw me 6 months later when I stopped by the store EVERYONE freaked out especially her. Of course she questioned what I was doing, yada yada yada and she said oh I can't do that. I still wasn't as small as her at that time. Both of my boys now work at that store so last thursday I went to bring them lunch. Who was the FIRST one I saw when I walked in the door?....HER....I said "hey, how is it going?" she looked at me, smiled, said "good" then turned away. She took a few steps turned around and said "LISA?"....I just laughed and said DUH! she said OMG you are SO SKINNY!!....I said thank you with a big smile on my face,she asked what size I was now so I told her..... She is a size 24 and ME I AM A SIZE 18!!...Thank you very much!!...YES.....inside I was :D:D:D:D and giggling.one of the best days ever!

The OTHER friend has started the program because she has seen me changed over FB. She was on it for a month the fell off of the wagon and can't get back on. She ask for my help but I told her ONLY YOU CAN DO THIS....I CAN"T DO IT FOR YOU.....you have seen what I have done, you have all of the tools to do the same thing as me. I will support you as much as I can but IF you tell me you "CAN'" I will just shake my head and not say a word. BECAUSE YOU DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO....I did...and I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY CHOICES!!.

People's lives change all the time its up to us to make our own changes to be happy. I now have the man in my life where both of them do not. I have always been happy with myself no matter what size I was but now...pfff....happy is not even the right word for me right now!

foxxybrown
06-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Congratulations on your insight into this friendship. It is painful I'm sure but if you don't take care of yourself, no one will! Hugs to you! :hug:

Yes it definitely is! She was my best friend, yet the Universe sent another best friend that has been such a supporter and like a life coach all wrapped into one! But one day she may see how she has been responding and change. If not, life goes on.

WI #3 today. Down another 3.4, so total of 13.8 in 3 weeks. I'm very happy about that!! We're on our 2nd day of vacation today. I brought all my packets with me, and even brought my scale!!

I do have a confession to make. I had 1-1/2 Miller 64's on Friday during a golf outing. I think I made up for it with extra water though. I think being on vacation will be hard - my husband went shopping last night and bought a lot of junk. Those Hersey kisses look SO good!! And I could really go for some pizza!! But I won't, because I really don't want my progress so far to go down the tubes!!!

You go girl!!! Though a little slip, at least you didn't fall completely off the wagon. You caught yourself and kept on riding!! :D :D

Chloe222
06-24-2012, 01:14 PM
I was supposed to have my 3rd WI today at the new location, but I couldn't find it and didn't have my cell phone, so I went to Home Depot, grocery store and dropped stuff off at Goodwill. Came home to call her and she had left two messages. She had to go to another location and will be back this afternoon. Hopefully, I can find her this time because I really want to get this WI over with. I was soooo hungry when I got home from work yesterday and my brother who is visiting left a jar of dry roasted peanuts on the table. I circled the table like a cat stalking its prey.
The only thing to do is be REALLY good today. If I were you, I'd have only non-restricteds and drink extra water.

I understand how you feel, its tough when those around you are eating and drinking things you love and you can't have them. It happens at my house all the time. Good news is that you get stronger every time you resist.

ALSO, you can have those things later, so its not like never, just not now. That feels better, doesn't it?

I'm spending the weekend helping hubby get ready to go to Church camp (He's a leader). I will be staying home. Last year I went as the campcook but decided that there was no way for me to stay OP while cooking 3 meals plus 2 snacks for 6 days for 80 people.

Does anyone have any ideas of things I can do with my girlfriends (all as fat and sassy as me) that doesn't involve food? Tried the movie the other night but the smell of popcorn was too much and I left early (it may have had to do with SnowWhite and the Huntsmen was horrible). Unfortunately our traditions all seem to be at a table surrounded by non OP food with each of us vieing for the prize of the most decadent food offerings.
Good for you, staying away from temptation. I do the same, make my husband do most of the cooking every night so I don't have to make the carbs he has with dinner. He'll eat what I eat plus some rice, potato, quinoa, risotto, etc. He's a good cook so he doesn't mind, much.

Re things to do your girlfriends, how about knitting or crocheting? Things you can do with your hands so you don't end up with sweets or other contraband on them.

Hospitals always need baby blankets and many also need "prayer shawls" which are knitted or crocheted shawls given to those who are pretty ill and it provides a sense of love and relief to the patients. Check with your local church - many churches have these groups. Mine does. My 87 year old mother crochets baby blankets.

Yes, how funny about your PA. I'm glad you've straightened things out, especially at your age. We're both in our early 60s. Big difference. DH did not know I wrote about any of this (and would be REALLY upset if he did know). It must be ESP though, as there was cookie baking last night and this morning. Some of it would be because he starts four 8PM-8AM work shifts tonight and knows we'll only see each other for a couple hours when I get home from work, get him up, cook him dinner, and get him off to work. At least after those four days(nights), he has 10 days off and we'll leave and go to our cottage in Michigan.

Everyone have a good OP Sunday.
Molly

Great re the cookies!! They are the only kind we can have on IP!

Always wanted to ask you, why did you select Michigan as a retirement location? Are you or hubby from there?

I kept pretty quiet about mine and just only mentioned my weight loss. She sounded supportive, but I know that she is not in a space to be able to truly support me. And I just leave it at that. I'm almost her size now so I just keep going and stay encourage. Hoping you and everyone will do the same!
Foxxy,
How awful that people do that. You are so wise to just move away those toxic influences and keep them at arm's length.

You are doing well!! Keep it up!

Coincidentally, in the past 2 days I noticed how my perception of my own body and those around me has changed. I still pick up "large" sizes when at the store and after trying things on, have to move down to medium and in a few cases, smalls (vanity sizing I'm sure). But at the same time, some of my friends who I thought were pretty thin now look average to me. Sounds contradictory I know, just noticing the different thoughts.

I can see how I need to lose 10-15 more pounds, but probably not more - will start to look gaunt as I'm in my mid 50's and don't want stringiness in my neck and sunken cheeks. Facial cheeks that is!! LOL! Speaking of which, there was a female newscaster on this morning who had the most amazing butt - I don't normally notice these things but hers was so rounded and she was perfectly thin and so it waqs extraordinarily prominant. I told my husband that was my new goal, to have a great butt like that. He's liking my new goal!!

Last night i broke down..I did not drink any beer but it was tempting.. What I did do was put a shot of vodka into the OP drink I made, therefore making it totally NOT OP. Then after that, I did it again and then again, one last time. So yeah, last night I messed up. Not only that, but because I have not had alcohol in a while, I was a little drunk. Well maybe more than a little. I bought muffins for the people working on the patio, from my favorite place down the street. All day, the muffins were out there calling to me. I took a huge bite of that muffin. It was delicious. Thank God I spit it out right into the trash can. One more reason not to drink on this diet.. I know I could have eaten everything in the kitchen. This morning I felt like crap, and rightfully so. I had a horrible headache and forgot to get in my salt, oil, and final 2 magnesium pills because of my childish behavior. I was planning on going off of IP for my sister's wedding next weekend. Looking forward to drinking and celebrating with everyone.. Now, I am definitely not going to drink.. It's not worth it.

Good for you!! Spitting out that muffin! Also great you won't be drinking at the wedding next week. You'll feel better, look better and importantly, be able to precisely remember the entire event and probably, really have a better time. All worth it, yes?

If you have the time, read Dr Tran's book. The link for it is at the bottom of the first post in the daily thread. You will learn a lot, especially about exercise and IP. He was a sports doctor and speaks credibly about these issues (and, obviously, everything IP related - he is the founder of IP). Reading this will also strengthen your resolve to stay the course - not that you need it.

sangria12
06-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Okay, so I am so mad at myself. I total fell off this weekend. I was getting bad with my supplements last week...forgetting, etc. But this weekend I went WAY off. I had grilled pizza for dinner on Saturday...then figured...what the heck? So had wine and then BEER. ugh! Of course, yesterday I got on the scale and I was up 3 POUNDS. Seriously?!? So I felt so bad about that...I ate 3 handfuls of potato chips, some almonds and never took my supplements (although I did do my packets and dinner per plan). I NEED to reboot and get back on track. I can't believe I lost my momentum. UGH! So mad at myself.

paulimapi
06-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Good morning! I just woke up at like 10:00 AM and made Orange Drink Pancakes (1 carb!) with zucchini "apple" butter :P It was lovely. I blended the zucchini until it was an actual green mix that looked like guacamole, but sweet because it had stevia and cinnamon. The pancakes didn't look too yummy with the green sauce over them lol , but they certainly were!

paulimapi
06-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Okay, so I am so mad at myself. I total fell off this weekend. I was getting bad with my supplements last week...forgetting, etc. But this weekend I went WAY off. I had grilled pizza for dinner on Saturday...then figured...what the heck? So had wine and then BEER. ugh! Of course, yesterday I got on the scale and I was up 3 POUNDS. Seriously?!? So I felt so bad about that...I ate 3 handfuls of potato chips, some almonds and never took my supplements (although I did do my packets and dinner per plan). I NEED to reboot and get back on track. I can't believe I lost my momentum. UGH! So mad at myself.

We slip up sometimes, it happens! Those 3 pounds are mostly the "food weight" and not actual fat, since it's impossible to gain 3 pounds so easily. They will come off in like a day once you get back OP.

Hockeymom40
06-24-2012, 02:36 PM

Do they track your water retention at the clinic? Maybe it could be the amount of sodium you are eating. I know that was my problem the 1st week until I figured out how much everything had and adjusted accordingly.

Chloe222
06-24-2012, 02:44 PM

Just learn from it, get back on track NOW, don't let that 3 pounds become something more. You deserve health and a lower weight, be kind to yourself.

Hockeymom40
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM

I do the same thing with zucchini and have a gadget similar to that. Love it! In fact have zucchini in the fridge, wil make that tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

Hockeymom40
06-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Well after 22 weeks of total compliance I decided I was going to "splurge" at a party and try a little of everything and have a drink. I talked to my coach about having a drink and he was okay with it. He told me to have vodka, but of course there was none. I poured some wine, didn't realize it was Chardonnary, which I don't like. It did not taste good. I don't think even if it was Sauvignon Blanc I would have liked it. I think my taste for alcohol has changed. I even tried a few sips of Bahama Mama and did not like it. Just tasted too strong. As far as food the main course was fine and OP, but there was dessert and I decided I was having some. It was a marble cheesecake and I had a silver of it. I have to say that was fantastic. I did end up sipping that one glass of wine for 2 hours and never finnished it. Drank about 4 bottles of water. Today I feel like crap. I didn't feel good by the time I got home last night either. It was totally not worth it and I have learned my lesson. All these weeks of thinking about how much I missed drinking and now I realize i was wasting my time thinking about it. I understand now how my life will change after IP. Oh, and I'm sticking to protocol today. :)

Porthardygurl
06-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone....

Looks like there are some peeps having some rough times this week :( Im hapy to report that for the first time..im not one of them...Praise God..BECAUSE we know how many times ive cheated in the past and had to start over...But NOT THIS TIME!!!! BAHAHAHAH

To the OP and the people who have fallen off the wagon: Get back on! and whatever you do....DO NOT weigh yourself the next day..It is the stupidest thing to do because it will more then likely tell you that you are up...and regardless of what the scale says..we know that it takes 3500 calories to create a pound of fat..So inless your telling me that you cheated with 3500 calories in one night or one meal...YOUR SCALE is lying lying lying... Your body is also playing tricks because depending on how bad the cheat...your body will retain water!!! Which will make the scale go up. My suggestion: Dont worry about the scale..just get back OP and keep going...

Molly-Baking cookies..you go girl woot!

I just have to add that last night i was baking cookies too!! And im thankful for that cause...well its been awhile...Lately DH and i have been averaging once a week...which is a little longer in between times then usual...What can i say...Kid...work...stress...exhaustion.... It all makes it a little more difficult to get in the mood...Not him...Me..I never use the headache line...I just say.." Im not feelin it" but DARN IT ALL!!! Last night we were gonna be feelin it even if i was tooo tired cause i wanted me some cookies..especially after all the baking talk yesterday..lol..

And all i can say is :p Go me Go me Go me....woot!!!

BLUEJEWEL
06-24-2012, 04:09 PM
wow I love all of these posts. when my friend first started IP, I knew she was not going to have any alcohol not even wine, an I thought ugh, I could never do that. Well she has lost 50 pounds in 5.5 months so I of course am now on IP (alternatives) I am nervous because the annual camping trip with my best friend is at the end of July. We do enjoy cosmos and cards at the end of the day each day for 7 days...I was wondering what I would do. NOw I am reading how awful each of you felt, and I am really hoping that I will maintain OP during my trip.
Thank you all for your honesty! Today is day 6 for me, tomorrow is my first WI...very excited! Have a wonderful sunday!

WingnutandMe
06-24-2012, 04:36 PM
wow I love all of these posts. when my friend first started IP, I knew she was not going to have any alcohol not even wine, an I thought ugh, I could never do that. Well she has lost 50 pounds in 5.5 months so I of course am now on IP (alternatives) I am nervous because the annual camping trip with my best friend is at the end of July. We do enjoy cosmos and cards at the end of the day each day for 7 days...I was wondering what I would do. NOw I am reading how awful each of you felt, and I am really hoping that I will maintain OP during my trip.
Thank you all for your honesty! Today is day 6 for me, tomorrow is my first WI...very excited! Have a wonderful sunday!

The forum is best for the real truth on things. I'm glad you're reading and paying attention. You haven't even had your first WI. Wait until then. If you've been 100% OP, you should do well and that should give you even more motivation to find a way to stay OP on your trip and find new things to replace old habits at the end of the day.

Good luck on both your WI and you decisions.

Molly

WingnutandMe
06-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Always wanted to ask you, why did you select Michigan as a retirement location? Are you or hubby from there?

I grew up in Michigan. As a child, many of my family's friends and some of my relatives had cottages on lakes and I spent many weeks in the summer at them. It's been a dream of mine ever since.

About three years ago a close friend was talking about living and being where you want to be not just somewhere because you're there. I'm in Georgia due to a job transfer. Our conversation made me realize I should follow my dream and not just be satisfied with where I am at.

I spent many late hours on the internet searching down property for sale and worked with a realtor in Michigan to arrange and organize showings on my short vacation time. It took two times with one failed purchase to find what I have now.

All this happened about 4 months before DH found me on Facebook. He's an Air Force brat with no ties to any location. The first time to the cottage (closing was in December with a foot of snow that didn't melt until March) was for both of us, which was four days before we were married. We had our honeymoon there. He loves it. Who would have known when I bought a place with a two car garage and a 20x20 barn, he would be in my life and we would fill all that space with classic cars.

Molly

Chloe222
06-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Well after 22 weeks of total compliance I decided I was going to "splurge" at a party and try a little of everything and have a drink. I talked to my coach about having a drink and he was okay with it. He told me to have vodka, but of course there was none. I poured some wine, didn't realize it was Chardonnary, which I don't like. It did not taste good. I don't think even if it was Sauvignon Blanc I would have liked it. I think my taste for alcohol has changed. I even tried a few sips of Bahama Mama and did not like it. Just tasted too strong. As far as food the main course was fine and OP, but there was dessert and I decided I was having some. It was a marble cheesecake and I had a silver of it. I have to say that was fantastic. I did end up sipping that one glass of wine for 2 hours and never finnished it. Drank about 4 bottles of water. Today I feel like crap. I didn't feel good by the time I got home last night either. It was totally not worth it and I have learned my lesson. All these weeks of thinking about how much I missed drinking and now I realize i was wasting my time thinking about it. I understand now how my life will change after IP. Oh, and I'm sticking to protocol today. :)

Molly,
What a wonderful story!! Thank you for sharing it. It's inspirational on numerous levels.:)

paulimapi
06-24-2012, 05:47 PM
I didn't have time for lunch today so I had 2 IP packs for my snack, which I decided to make into a butterscotch-chocolate ice cream. It was SO MUCH ICE CREAM , yum. It's extremely hot today so it was amazing. I'm really full.

amy3k
06-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Hello all! Hope your weekend has been great. Congrats to all the losses! I had my first WI on Friday & I'm down 2 lbs. I'm on the alternative plan & I hope it doesn't take too much longer than the regular. We are doing IP as a family! Me & my hubby and my sister & her hubby. Trying to keep each other in check. So, here's a question.... We all love cheese... What is an alternative? Veggie cheese?? Is that allowed? I am a type 1 diabetic & have had a kidney transplant. Any info out there on this? Thanks & have a super OP day!:):)

Mamalee
06-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
"Today for dinner, I made zucchini "pasta", then added like 1/8 of a tomato to the food processor, and mixed it with parsley, garlic, water and half a teaspoon of olive oil, that was my "pasta sauce".
I also really love this kitchen gadget that makes pasta out of veggies. "

Super nummy. :dizzy: Guess what I am having for dinner tonight! Now, I have to order that pasta maker. Can't wait. :D
Thanks for sharing.

mom2hi
06-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Reading through all of your posts while my kiddos finish napping, so great to check back in after a pretty good weekend.

I say pretty good because, I had a side effect of IP yesterday and it seemed to take until today to subside. I woke up Saturday morning feeling great, ate my IP breakfast and decided to mow the lawn. I normally mow the whole lawn in about 2 1/2 hours (Big yard) after mowing for about an hour I only had the front yard done and was completely exhausted! I mean totally fatigued! I read through the materials my coach gave me and realized I was likely fatigued due to electrolyte imbalance, so I drank a bunch of water with a teaspoon of sea salt. Then I took a two hour nap. I felt a bit better but really didn't feel back to normal until this afternoon. I need to make sure I drink more water and maybe pace myself with exercise for a few weeks, I guess.

I did step on the scale this weekend, and my unofficial weight is -8 from my first day, last Monday!! Whoo hoo! I don't weigh in for real until Tuesday at the clinic, but was curious.

Have a great OP rest of the day everyone! I have learned so much from all of you and can't wait to be a veteran with 40lbs lost :)

kellycg102
06-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone, still not able to get on here as much as I would like, really sucks cause that is how you find out all the little things "that work". Anyway still IP but really struggling that last few weeks on and off. More hungry I find, no cravings, but hungry. Having to add an extra protein pack or meat almost everyday to keep me from going off. It doesn't help that camping season has started and seeing everyone eating the smores and chips and bread is definately not helping!!!!!!!!!! Trying my darnest to stay strong. I have maybe 12 lbs to go, I have a feeling it is going to be a bugger to get there.
I have been shopping like crazy tho, still can't believe I am buying size small stuff. I have never been this thin. Overweight all my life, wish I would have found this diet a long time ago and not in my late 30's. Oh well, this is the path I was meant to follow I guess.

Well off to read some posts from you wonderful people, since work is sooooo slow tonight;)

Have a great night IPers

LizRR
06-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Whew, lots to catch up on! My mom was here visiting and baby boy is finally napping! Ive been off & on all weekend. Geez, we should have a bake sale with all the cookies going around!

You will find the down weeks are soon followed by up weeks! You have an awesome loss going, keep it up!

Well, I have been back in the gym for 4 days this week and so far, so good. I have timed my restricted to 30 minutes before and added a 4th, which I have right after I am finished. I tried to take it a little easier in spin, but it is hard to do since I am so used to pushing myself. It is weird to think that exercise isn't needed to lose and may even negate what I am doing. I am trying to go lighter on my weights, again hard to do because they feel...well...light LOL! I am doing more core. Hope this is all ok. Guess we well see at WI on Monday, then again next Monday. I think it will take a couple weeks to know if this is ok. :-)

I used to work out pretty intense, and you are programmed that you need to exercise to lose weight, it's hard to wrap your mind around. Just be sure to log your food and exercise w/intensity in case of any tweaks needed. This is such a low calorie diet that pushing too hard will not only put you in starvation mode, but without the glycogen stores and if you burned through your dietary protein intake, you can burn muscle for that 'quick energy' and that is not what you want to happen! At least thats how my coach explained it, hence the 'low intensity' exercise advice on IP, since that is easier for your body to tap into fat.

I've been avoiding the sushi places thinking it would not be good for me. Let us know how it turns out for you!

I still enjoy going out for sushi! I order miso soup (broth based) and dry salad w/lemon wedges, and sashimi (sushi w/no rice), jicama is a usual garnish and I love the pickled ginger too. I basically clean up the whole plate!

Hello everybody!
Thanks!

Congratulations on the great WI! Everyone loses at their own rate, really this is such a quick working protocol that the best thing to ensure the fastest success is to stay On Plan 100% and don't cheat. Keep your food log updated in case you stall and need to tweak your routine. As for exercise, my coach advised me to wait out my 1st 2 weeks then to do a low intensity plan if desired, but you should talk with your coach. Depending on the exercise you may need to add another packet to avoid starvation mode (too much &/or too intense can stall your losses).

AGREED!

I am headed in to Old Navy today they are having a shorts sale and the only pair I own is a size 14 and that is 3-4 sizes to big! :dizzy: lol :

That is an awesome NSV and a great WI! Have fun at ON, I hit that place up all the time!

I've been meaning to get one of those gadgets! Thanks for the idea/inspiration and link!

Honestly, I think 2 miles is something you could handle on IP. Not sure if I agree with the fruit/toast, but definitely a restricted beforehand, that should handle the caloric intake for a few miles, maybe followed up by another IP packet if needed. I jog 1 mile warmup then do a 1 hour weightlifting class 3x/week and have to stack my packets like that (restricted before & unrestricted after).

good for you! I am scheduled for a marathon in October, and have yet to learn about exercise on IP. I do 2 fulls and one half a year and really do not want to give those up. I am actually hoping carrying less weight will help my times. I would appreciate any feedback you can provide. This is my first week so I have not done anything this week, but next week I was going to just walk 1 or 2 miles a day to keep moving, but I will need to start prepping by the end of july. is that not okay?

I really enjoy reading all your posts! I have really enjoyed this first week, I know I have a lot to learn. I printed out Dr Trans book I have read the first 60 pages. Eager to get through all of it, I think I saw a sub heading on marathon training, and I thought it odd on pg 58 it says eat all veggies you want, so I imagine it gets more specific later. :

You should definitely work with your coach when the time comes to start training. And I bet your times will be greatly improved too with your losses!

Hello all! Hope your weekend has been great. Congrats to all the losses! I had my first WI on Friday & I'm down 2 lbs. I'm on the alternative plan & I hope it doesn't take too much longer than the regular. We are doing IP as a family! Me & my hubby and my sister & her hubby. Trying to keep each other in check. So, here's a question.... We all love cheese... What is an alternative? Veggie cheese?? Is that allowed? I am a type 1 diabetic & have had a kidney transplant. Any info out there on this? Thanks & have a super OP day!:):)

Some people have veggie cheese sparingly with their coaches blessing, but it is definitely something you should talk to your coach about, log in your food journal, and adjust into your plan.

sandyh50
06-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Hello everyone! I guess I am doing the formal version of Novi-Clens.... a Colonoscopy prep starting in 50 min. Today was very,very light eating and now just clear liquids plus my gallon of prep drink. I didn't use the IP packets at all and just followed my doctor's orders on the prep sheet. I do not look forward to the anesthesia or the nausea that I get afterwards. I weigh in on Tues. morning with my coach and have no idea what to expect. I guess I could GAIN weight from the IV fluids, I really don't know. I told my coach we probably shouldn't count this weigh in but I need to get product for the week anyway. Let me know what your results were with IP and weighing in afterwards.

Beck81
06-24-2012, 07:18 PM

Have you checked with your Doctor about this diet? My concern is your kidney transplant and being in ketosis.

Darralyn
06-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Hello IPers
Just stopping in for a quick check in. Things are going well this weekend. Went to sushi place last night and just had salad no dressing and raw salmon; it wasn't enough so I had some sliced turkey breast when I got home. It worked out well and I didn't feel deprived. I bought some single packets of WF dressing to take in my purse for occasions like this. It is about the company; not the food. I seem to go out to eat often so need to just make the best of it and drink a ton on water.
Hope your weekend is wonderful; it sounds like some real good sticking to program and a few regretted slips; with some learning thrown in. Love you all! Keep it OP!

foxxybrown
06-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I had this same type of friend, she was my best friend for 10 yrs, we worked together we did everything together. There were 3 of us, I was always the bigger of the 3. They always had men, I never did and they would always say "you are pretty but very intimidating at the same time". I am who I am, if my smile is intimidating to guys then they REALLY are lame....lol.

3 years ago when I stopped working at the same store as her we drifted apart from each other. I would still stop by and see her at the store but you could tell she was stand offish toward me, jealous of me because I had bettered myself by getting a better job. She no longer called me to go hang out or anything, I just let it go. Last year she contacted me cuz she was having "man" issues and I was the only one she could talk to about it. I listened like normal, told her what I thought and left it at that. I didn't tell her I was starting this diet, when she saw me 6 months later when I stopped by the store EVERYONE freaked out especially her. Of course she questioned what I was doing, yada yada yada and she said oh I can't do that. I still wasn't as small as her at that time. Both of my boys now work at that store so last thursday I went to bring them lunch. Who was the FIRST one I saw when I walked in the door?....HER....I said "hey, how is it going?" she looked at me, smiled, said "good" then turned away. She took a few steps turned around and said "LISA?"....I just laughed and said DUH! she said OMG you are SO SKINNY!!....I said thank you with a big smile on my face,she asked what size I was now so I told her..... She is a size 24 and ME I AM A SIZE 18!!...Thank you very much!!...YES.....inside I was :D:D:D:D and giggling.one of the best days ever!

The OTHER friend has started the program because she has seen me changed over FB. She was on it for a month the fell off of the wagon and can't get back on. She ask for my help but I told her ONLY YOU CAN DO THIS....I CAN"T DO IT FOR YOU.....you have seen what I have done, you have all of the tools to do the same thing as me. I will support you as much as I can but IF you tell me you "CAN'" I will just shake my head and not say a word. BECAUSE YOU DO WHAT YOU WANNA DO....I did...and I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY CHOICES!!.

People's lives change all the time its up to us to make our own changes to be happy. I now have the man in my life where both of them do not. I have always been happy with myself no matter what size I was but now...pfff....happy is not even the right word for me right now!

That is so true!! Wuv, thanks for sharing! She actually was complaining about men problems too and I listened and advised. It is something....But life goes on!

Foxxy,
How awful that people do that. You are so wise to just move away those toxic influences and keep them at arm's length.

You are doing well!! Keep it up!

Thanks Chloe! Yes, I tend to keep my distance when I see toxicity. :D

Porthardygurl
06-24-2012, 08:22 PM
I hate to be such a debbie-downer but im bummed :( I got invited to a staggette for the first time ever. Its for my sis in law who is getting married in September...I thought "awesome" until i heard what they were doing...Starting at 4pm they are going to a winery and doing a wine tasting...and then following that will be drinks and food back at the hotel(aka liquor) and then they will go to a bar and have more drinks before returning to the hotel..Most of you would say "just drink water" but thats not really the thing...I feel down because i CANT drink and its not actually because of the diet...its because im allergic to something in the alcohol itself and since having my first drink when i was 19 at a nice cocktail lounge and then convulsions at the hospital from it...i was told never to drink again...So..here will be everyone drinking the night away and i cant even understand what its like to go out with friends and drink and get drunk ...i know it sounds weird to be sad about it..but i feel like ive missed out on some kind of social thing that people like to do frequently..and i will never get to really know what its like..Plus i feel like im not going to fit in because everyone will be in glam clothes and drunk as skunks and partying the night away and i will be left out..because i will be the only sober one so i probably wont have as much fun...

That my tiff for the day.

Longhorn Energy
06-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Haha Port...you live in the land of the infamous BC Bud...zero cal and no hangovers lol

Just kidding and trying to make light of your situation. Its all mindset, if you start telling yourself now that you wont have a good time then you will likely succeed and your night will suck. Try the opposite...you might have a good time!

amy3k
06-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the concern Beck. I did speak to my doc. She thought it would be ok. I don't think the body goes into the ketogenic state on the Alternative Plan. (I
think I read that.). I am seeing the doc next week so I'm going to make sure!
I am hoping it is ok because I am losing inches!! Thanks again & good luck everyone!:?

usmcvet
06-24-2012, 08:55 PM
I hate to be such a debbie-downer but im bummed :( I got invited to a staggette for the first time ever. Its for my sis in law who is getting married in September...I thought "awesome" until i heard what they were doing...Starting at 4pm they are going to a winery and doing a wine tasting...and then following that will be drinks and food back at the hotel(aka liquor) and then they will go to a bar and have more drinks before returning to the hotel..Most of you would say "just drink water" but thats not really the thing...I feel down because i CANT drink and its not actually because of the diet...its because im allergic to something in the alcohol itself and since having my first drink when i was 19 at a nice cocktail lounge and then convulsions at the hospital from it...i was told never to drink again...So..here will be everyone drinking the night away and i cant even understand what its like to go out with friends and drink and get drunk ...i know it sounds weird to be sad about it..but i feel like ive missed out on some kind of social thing that people like to do frequently..and i will never get to really know what its like..Plus i feel like im not going to fit in because everyone will be in glam clothes and drunk as skunks and partying the night away and i will be left out..because i will be the only sober one so i probably wont have as much fun...

I'm not a big drinker, never have been. I think it would be fine to skip it or at least join them later after the wine tasting, I just don't like being around drunks.

patns
06-24-2012, 08:59 PM

I don't know Port, I think if most people could chose what they had to be allergic to alcohol would be at the top of the list.

usmcvet
06-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the concern Beck. I did speak to my doc. She thought it would be ok. I don't think the body goes into the ketogenic state on the Alternative Plan. (I
think I read that.). I am seeing the doc next week so I'm going to make sure!
I am hoping it is ok because I am losing inches!! Thanks again & good luck everyone!:?

I have been on the alternate phase one plan since day one. I've checked in the past with ketosis sticks and I was in ketosis. I don't think I could have lost the weight I have with out ketosis.

patns
06-24-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm not a big drinker, never have been. I think it would be fine to skip it or at least join them later after the wine tasting, I just don't like being around drunks.

I think the reason you don't like being around drunks is because by the time you get involved it's all over but the crying. All the "fun" has been forgotten.

usmcvet
06-24-2012, 09:11 PM
I think the reason you don't like being around drunks is because by the time you get involved it's all over but the crying. All the "fun" has been forgotten.

I like enjoying a beer I just don't like the stupidity that often comes with lots of drinking. I've also seen it cause lots of problems for people.

amy3k
06-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Thank u all for the info. I am definitely going to speak to my kidney doc again. I've been through too much too lose this kidney. (my sister donated) I started gaining weight when I had to be on so much prednisone post-transplant. If IP isn't going to be a fit for me, I'll just try low-carb next. The coach didn't seem to be concerned at all but I am!! I really am thankful to all of you! It helps to get others opinions & tips!

Ravenswood2012
06-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Today is bad...... I am SOOOOOO hungry!! Wonder why????? :dizzy: Need to have my snack & go to bed before I do something BAD :devil:

It can't help that I have seen my husband (who can eat ANYTHING) eat strawberry vanilla cake w/ whipped cream icing, Kim & Scotts stuffed pizza pretzels, reese's cup, & more....I love him to death but, today it's KILLING me!! I won't let him know, I don't want him to feel bad :(

Tomorrow is another day!!!

Have a great week everyone :)

rainbowsmiles
06-24-2012, 10:09 PM

how was your day at the lake?? hope you had a ton of fun!!!:)

Sounds like a lot of us have fun plans for the weekend, and plan to take our packets & veggies with us :) !

how was your weekend?? what did you granddaughter have to say when she saw you???

I didn't have time for lunch today so I had 2 IP packs for my snack, which I decided to make into a butterscotch-chocolate ice cream. It was SO MUCH ICE CREAM , yum. It's extremely hot today so it was amazing. I'm really full.

oh thats sounds delish!!!!!!! you always have such good ideas~~

mooselover
06-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi everyone, still not able to get on here as much as I would like, really sucks cause that is how you find out all the little things "that work". Anyway still IP but really struggling that last few weeks on and off. More hungry I find, no cravings, but hungry. Having to add an extra protein pack or meat almost everyday to keep me from going off. It doesn't help that camping season has started and seeing everyone eating the smores and chips and bread is definately not helping!!!!!!!!!! Trying my darnest to stay strong. I have maybe 12 lbs to go, I have a feeling it is going to be a bugger to get there.
I have been shopping like crazy tho, still can't believe I am buying size small stuff. I have never been this thin. Overweight all my life, wish I would have found this diet a long time ago and not in my late 30's. Oh well, this is the path I was meant to follow I guess.

Well off to read some posts from you wonderful people, since work is sooooo slow tonight;)

Have a great night IPers

I know how you feel....................I have 7-11 pounds left to go (not sure yet where I will end up) . The last 2 weeks have been real tough for me. I am struggling daily. My DD is going to start alternatives tomorrow, so I am hoping that will give me the extra push I need to finish this!!! We need to "Just keep swimming".

WingnutandMe
06-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Today is bad...... I am SOOOOOO hungry!! Wonder why????? :dizzy: Need to have my snack & go to bed before I do something BAD :devil:

It can't help that I have seen my husband (who can eat ANYTHING) eat strawberry vanilla cake w/ whipped cream icing, Kim & Scotts stuffed pizza pretzels, reese's cup, & more....I love him to death but, today it's KILLING me!! I won't let him know, I don't want him to feel bad :(

Tomorrow is another day!!!

Have a great week everyone :)

I think he should feel bad. Seems like he should be more thoughtful and considerate of you. My husband can eat anything, but he always asks about the food. Can I eat it, does it bother me? But even more than that, what I really see is he is not eating very healthy. Whether he can eat anything doesn't give free license to eat just anything. What you've mentioned is horrible junk food and not healthy for anyone. I would find a nice way to let him know this is not good for his health. If you make him feel special by showing how much you care for his health and by telling him you want him around with you for a long time, you get the added benefit that you don't have to be exposed to all of that either. IMO.

Hang in there. Even having to be around all that stuff, you know how much better off you will be by staying OP.

Molly

Lisa4025
06-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Hi all, I have been "missing in action" literally for a week. Previous to starting IP I had signed up for a mini-triathalon (See Jane Tri). I spent alot of money on my registration and did not want to miss this race. I trained very little these last three weeks, as I was on IP. My coach put me on a "deviation week" this last week, to help get me ready for today. I am proud to say I shaved 7 minutes off my previous time!! I did not have a good swim (but I'm a horrible swimmer to begin with) but had a really great bike and run. I am happy with my race, and looking soooo forward to getting back OP tommorow! :carrot:

Chloe222
06-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Sounds great, what is your recipe for that?

Thanks,
Chloe

Hello everyone! I guess I am doing the formal version of Novi-Clens.... a Colonoscopy prep starting in 50 min. Today was very,very light eating and now just clear liquids plus my gallon of prep drink. I didn't use the IP packets at all and just followed my doctor's orders on the prep sheet. I do not look forward to the anesthesia or the nausea that I get afterwards. I weigh in on Tues. morning with my coach and have no idea what to expect. I guess I could GAIN weight from the IV fluids, I really don't know. I told my coach we probably shouldn't count this weigh in but I need to get product for the week anyway. Let me know what your results were with IP and weighing in afterwards.
I had foot surgery 2 months ago, they wanted to use a standard sugar based IV solution, I asked them for a "saline" solution - something with no sugar. No problem, they have many patients who cannot have sugar - so be sure to ask for a non sugar IV solution.

I gained few pounds of water weight and it came off within a few days. Don't worry about a short term water weight gain, it will certainly come off within the following week (if not the following 2 days). I've had 2 colonoscopies, they aren't so bad.

redmomof4
06-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Hi all, I have been "missing in action" literally for a week. Previous to starting IP I had signed up for a mini-triathalon (See Jane Tri). I spent alot of money on my registration and did not want to miss this race. I trained very little these last three weeks, as I was on IP. My coach put me on a "deviation week" this last week, to help get me ready for today. I am proud to say I shaved 7 minutes off my previous time!! I did not have a good swim (but I'm a horrible swimmer to begin with) but had a really great bike and run. I am happy with my race, and looking soooo forward to getting back OP tommorow! :carrot:
Lisa, Congrats on shaving time! WTG. Its great that you went into it with a plan. A Tri is something I would love to accomplish sometime in my life. I hear its addicting though.
So..here will be everyone drinking the night away and i cant even understand what its like to go out with friends and drink and get drunk ...i know it sounds weird to be sad about it..but i feel like ive missed out on some kind of social thing that people like to do frequently..and i will never get to really know what its like..Plus i feel like im not going to fit in because everyone will be in glam clothes and drunk as skunks and partying the night away and i will be left out..because i will be the only sober one so i probably wont have as much fun...
So, lucky for you you don't even know how miserable it is the next day, how bad the hangover feels. You can still have fun and wear glam clothes (especially your new smaller self) with out drinking. I make that choice often and feel very good about myself for it. Try to look at all the positives!
Make sure you let the anesthesia provider know about your propensity for Post op Nausea and Vomiting. Normally medications we use for sedation for a colonoscopy do not have any nausea inducing properties. It is very different than for a general anesthetic. Most do not use narcotics for colonoscopies either (they can cause nausea also) so you should be in the clear for this. Sometimes it has a lot to do with dehydration. I would also talk to your anesthesia provider and let them know you are on a sugar restricted diet and instead of LR for your IV fluids, you would request Normal Saline. (LR is what we usually use intraop). There shouldn't be a contradiction with a short procedure like a scope. Did you look at your prep ingredients? Many have sugar. Not that you can prevent it, but I would want to be prepared for any suprises. I would imagine you shouldn't after that tedius prep, but its possible with IV fluids.
Speaking of which, there was a female newscaster on this morning who had the most amazing butt - I don't normally notice these things but hers was so rounded and she was perfectly thin and so it waqs extraordinarily prominant. I told my husband that was my new goal, to have a great butt like that. He's liking my new goal!!

Chloe,
Have you heard of Brazilian Butt Lift? Its an exercise program you can do at home. I have it and it is a lot of fun, but a lot of Squats and Lunges. It really does work though. If you want to know more about it just send me a PM.

Edited to give my update. I went to the Brew Fest last night and drank only water and Powerade Zero! I felt great. Friends didn't care. I felt great in the morning. Just fixed some IP crepe packet crackers. I made them a little thin and decided that if I didn't cook it quite as long it could have made a nice flatbread for a veggie sandwich. I will keep this in mind for future!! It is yummy too!

LizRR
06-24-2012, 11:33 PM

Congratulations on the tri! That is great!

Beck81
06-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Thank u all for the info. I am definitely going to speak to my kidney doc again. I've been through too much too lose this kidney. (my sister donated) I started gaining weight when I had to be on so much prednisone post-transplant. If IP isn't going to be a fit for me, I'll just try low-carb next. The coach didn't seem to be concerned at all but I am!! I really am thankful to all of you! It helps to get others opinions & tips!

My step mother, who is a retired nurse only has one kidney. She told me she wouldn't be able to do a diet like this because of the ketosis. Just want you safe.

GrandmaKiss
06-25-2012, 01:16 AM

The coach should ABSOLUTELY be concerned; IP protocol has kidney disease as one of the contraindications and requires written permission from your physician to participate. Your coach doesn't appear to be doing his/her due diligence and may be putting your health at risk.

And while your coach seems to know little about kidney disorders/disease as a whole we know even less. Don't take advise from anyone but your doctor on this one, it is too important.

Source: http://laportewellness.com/clients/4240/documents/Health_Profile_Explanation.pdf

BLUEJEWEL
06-25-2012, 01:51 AM

congratulations!! may i ask how much you had lost since your last event? also what did you do for a "deviation" week? I am so interested in what you did! that is awesome!!
:carrot:

Stefany1769
06-25-2012, 05:01 AM
I know how you feel....................I have 7-11 pounds left to go (not sure yet where I will end up) . The last 2 weeks have been real tough for me. I am struggling daily. My DD is going to start alternatives tomorrow, so I am hoping that will give me the extra push I need to finish this!!! We need to "Just keep swimming".

I have been struggling lately as well, I think it is because I am getting so close to goal. Maybe we could help eachother with this. I imagine we live pretty close, we could call and chat about what we are struggling with and help eachother make a game plan. PM me if you are interested. :) :hug:

Stefany1769
06-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Today is mine and my DF's 8th anniversary. We went to my sons meet and greet for football at the lake today, that was pretty fun. Then we went to the Soltace Festival, lots of fun! They close down about a square mile of roads downtown to open it for foot traffic. Lots of fun! Then we went to a couple of stores together and Jesse bought me a Ninja for our anniversary :D my old food processor has been really messing up, leaking and I think its out of balance. After that we went to Shogun Japanese Restaraunt and I'm worried I might have messed up program wise. I think they use butter, garlic, terryaki, and soy sauce to cook the meat in. I looked up the nurtritional content of terryaki and it didnt look like it was enough to put me out of ketosis so I just 'forgot' about it. Until now that is. I started getting a headache about an hour ago and I have had a salt lick twice now and it hasnt helped. I am also midway through my TOM so it could be that. Needless to say I am a little freaked out now that I pushed myself out of ketosis. I have had 144 ounces of water today, so it isnt that either.

Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast: Chocolate shake with WF chocolate dip and some Stevia
Lunch: 1 Cup red bell pepper, Vanilla peanut bar
Dinner: 1 Cup mixed veggies, 5 oz fillet mignon, 3 oz lobster, japanese clear soup (not sure I got that name right)
Snack: 2 Cups stewed rhubarb with WF marshmellow, Stevia, WF syrup. IP chocolate ice cream (made in my new ice cream maker) :D

The new daily chat thread hasnt been made yet, but if someone is willing to put this post into it I would be grateful. I would really like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks :)