Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 05:18 AM   #1  
Meg

Default What's Your Favorite Meal?

Please share what your favorite meal is! Now this is NOT about pizza and beer, nachos, Devil Dogs or whatever ... I'm talking clean food. When you've just finished an awesome workout and feel like you could gnaw the leg off your dining room table, what "makes you happy to be hungry?" (was that McD's slogan?) Do you have any really terrific recipe or cooking ideas?

You probably can guess that I'm in a bit of a food rut -- chicken breasts, egg whites, chicken breasts, oatmeal, can we say chicken breasts ....

What's the specialty of YOUR house?

Meg

Last edited by Meg; 03-30-2003 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:06 AM   #2  

Chicken fingers!

breaded in egg, flour and whole wheat bread crumbs. Yes, the flour is not authorized but sometimes its the only way I can protien into my system (during those "AUGH! I hate food!" days) Im sure you can make them with whole wheat flour as well

I also love beef tenderloin with oven baked potato and blended cottage cheese (instead of sour cream on the potato. still good!)

Baked chicken (see recipie thread) with almonds and brown rice and broccoli. You only need a few almonds to get the fantastic flavor they add

whole wheat pasta with creamy tomato sauce (tomatoes, spices and 1 cup cottage cheese)

Those are my faves

Tidey
Old 03-30-2003, 06:25 AM   #3  
Meg

Default Yum!

OMG! I got hungry just reading your post! Great ideas -- I'm making my grocery list now.

BTW, what exactly are "AUGH! I hate food!" days? I've never experienced them -- I only have "AUGH! I love food too much!" days!

Meg
Old 03-30-2003, 08:45 AM   #4  
ebe
noob

whole wheat pasta with tomato, basil and garlic shrimp.
big spinach salad on the side and lots of fresh tomato to go with it.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:53 AM   #5  
Peace with body and soul

Grilled salmon and grilled plum tomatoes on a bed of baby spinach w/a dollup of pesto.

chicken breast and vegetables, seasoned w/lemon, dill and parsely, baked in aluminum foil.

grilled filet of beef, and sauteed asparagus w/lots of garlic.

Vegetables roasted in garlic and olive oil w/seared tuna steak.

garlic anything.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:40 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

This week I bought a wok for the BBQ.... It's great! It looks like a wok with holes in it... I cut up some veggies. green, red, yellow peppers, portobello mushrooms, regular mushrooms, onions, in a bowl add some olive oil and herbs like oregano, basil... or a bit of Kraft Sun Dried Tomato dressing, then stir fry it in the wok on the BBQ.... YUMMY!!!! This with a steak and baked tater....

ALSO: with those left over veggies, i made an omelette with eggwhites... VERRRRI good!!

I'm getting hungry now!!
Old 03-30-2003, 10:26 AM   #7  

Meg,

You never got the "I cant eat this!" feeling? I sometimes have to stop eating oatmeal/cottage cheese/chicken/whatever half way thru because I start gagging. Even if its really tasty to start with sometimes I just can't eat any more. When that happens I either wait and try again or take 1/2 a portion of protien powder/some fruit and try again at the next meal.

Even the foods I used to love do this... I wind up spitting out a mouthful of food and gagging. The only things that DONT have this effect are fruits and veggies. Everything else has triggered this at some point :/ I guess overall its a positiv as it will keep me from bingeing

I've tried different foods etc and more variety but still have it happen now and then. It can last from a couple hours to a week. Just gotta work around it and have the "emergency" foods. For me its Good quality musli (low sugar, really low fat) and chicken fingers. I can ALWAYS eat those

Tidey
Old 03-30-2003, 10:34 AM   #8  
Hot Sauce!

Default Hmmmm

I love mixing my chocolate whey with oatmeal and a little bit of splenda....this is yummy! Sometimes I throw in some natural PB also.
Another one of my recent faves that I discovered on accident was an egg omlette. I mix 1 oz avocado with .5oz cream cheese and spread this in the middle of my omlette. Tastes yummy!

I also like about 1/4c brown rice with 2oz avocado mashed into it and than put some pollock and veggies in with the bowl of brown rice and avocado.

Hmmmm, I am finding lots of good ones in the SPII cookbook that I cannot wait to try!
Hope this helps...
Old 03-30-2003, 10:56 AM   #9  

I am not sure about a full meal favorite but my post workout shake is yummy. 1/2 of a banana, 1 tablespoon of PB, splenda and a little splenda. Blend with ice and its yummy.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:03 AM   #10  

Man oh man, your meals have made me hungry. Mindi, you are a woman after my own heart. I love anything with garlic and go through a couple of cloves a week. Ilene, grilled vegetables...yummy.

My favorite meals are:

#1 Grilled jerk whiting with slice tomatoes sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and garlic mashed potatoes.

#2 Pelau & cucumber chow (trinidadian dishes) Pelau is made with bite size pieces of chicken breast, brown rice and pidgeon peas all cooked in non-fat chicken broth in the same pot. The cucumber chow is simply chopped cucumber with lime, salt & pepper and a hot pepper (scotbonnets).

#3 Grilled yams covered with splenda, cinnamon, vanilla and a bit of nutmeg, steamed green swiss chard with garlic and pan-grilled chicken breasts.

Okay, have to go fix lunch.

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 03-30-2003 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/163/149

Height: 5'7"

Ummm...chicken breast marinated overnight like a fajiita (lime juice, garlic, bit of olive oil, cumin, cilantro) then grilled on the BBQ, wrapped up in a w/w tortilla with fresh baby spinach leaves and salsa. To die.

BethO
Old 03-30-2003, 01:50 PM   #12  

Tidey I totally understand that gagging food day/week. You feel like you are force feeding yourself. I'm thinking I get that because I'm still trying to break that habit of not eating all day and eating a huge dinner.

I think my favorite is a chef salad with grilled chicken cut up. I tried eating it last night but it just didn't taste good to me. Other than that I am pretty happy with grilled meat and steamed veggies.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:36 PM   #13  

Right now the thing I look forward to the most is my protien shake, vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup FF vanilla yogurt and a handfull of frozen strawberries.

I also like yams, baked with a bit of orange or pinapple juice with apple pie spice.

Tidey, yesterday I had that same gag feeling. It started with my protein shake. I didn't have anymore strawberries so I tried it without, and it went on all day long no matter what I ate. I used to get that feeling before I started this, weird textures in food are usually the cause, but yesterday was the worst.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:45 PM   #14  
Peace with body and soul

Another thing I love is baked catfish w/lemon pepper, salt and paprika w/grilled zucchini drizzled w/olive oil and tons of yes Sel, garlic. *S*

cucumbers, sliced and marinated overnight in plain, fat free yogurt w/dill and garlic. makes a good dip too if you dice the cukes.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:41 PM   #15  

Wink i'm so easy to please.......

okay girls, don't laugh.....

1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup (dry measure) oatmeal, 2 oz. 1% milk and 10 almonds. lots of cinnamon added to the oatmeal and milk, plus splenda of course. i don't mix the cottage cheese and oatmeal together..... yuck. i eat the cottage cheese straight out of the container, one whole 250 gram container at a time

i LOVE this meal. too bad i can't eat it all day long !!

after that, pan grilled salmon with a paprika dry-rub, no oil added to the hot pan, grilled vegetables and a small baked sweet potato

but i still prefer the first meal

all the other foods that you guys listed sound soooo good too.
Closed Thread