Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 6/22/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 6/22/12

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Good morning everyone, Had to wake up to go to the wonderful releasing of fat happy place so I started the thread at 4am.....lol...AND had to find directions on google for the BF, he was lost.....lmao....nothing like having to find directions almost busting at the seams....LMAO....but I found it and let a couple of liters of fat out....lol...so I am going back to bed now....WOW....I am in too good of a mood at 4am....hopefully when I wake up again I will still be in this mood......lol

Chloe222
06-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Good morning!
Had my WI, down .4 lb. I'll take it! Wishing everyone a great day!!

Cadu
06-22-2012, 07:18 AM
18 pounds to goal Chloe. You are getting there my friend :)

Good Morning Everybody

No big plans today.. yaaaay. I can catch up on housework and tv. My sis in law and my nephew came over for A swim early yesterday afternoon and stayed till 8:30 last night. A swim turned into many swims. It's funny, even though I didnt do anything strenuous (just sit around in the heat and float in the pool) I am exhausted. I did have a NSV though. My 9 year old nephew said
"Cadu, (that is my real life nickname) you're not fat anymore". He is very to the point lol

Have a wonderful day everybody and think skinny thoughts :)

Beanie Mommy
06-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Good Morning! Exciting day for me after I was furious last night. When I separated from my ex 2 years ago I took custody of my daughter, but my 2 cats stayed with him in the house. He is in the process of moving (into MY neighborhood!!! Different topic for anger issues...) and last night I asked him about the kitties. He took them to the SPCA!!! Didn't even tell me! Jerk! I checked their website and they are up for adoption. I will call today and get them back. Can't wait to get them back - I've really missed them. Hope they are okay and that they get readjusted to living with me at my new house.

Continuing to stay OP after last week's travel wasn't exactly OP but as close as possible when you are at a convention center for a week.

Have a happy Friday!

Dakin
06-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Good morning my IP family!

Like Cadu, I don't have anything specific that needs to get done today, so I hope to get a lot of little things done. I think I'll start with mowing the lawn, just as soon as the dew dries.
I also want to hit a farmers market.... just love fresh veggies!
Wishing everyone great weigh in's and a great OP day.

wendywendy

Good Morning Everybody

No big plans today.. yaaaay. I can catch up on housework and tv. My sis in law and my nephew came over for A swim early yesterday afternoon and stayed till 8:30 last night. A swim turned into many swims. It's funny, even though I didnt do anything strenuous (just sit around in the heat and float in the pool) I am exhausted. I did have a NSV though. My 9 year old nephew said
"Cadu, (that is my real life nickname) you're not fat anymore". He is very to the point lol

Gotta love how candid kids are!! How awesome......you are so close to goal...way to go girl !!!! xoxoxo

Thorfinn
Argh....have to spend the day training a new employee. I'd rather be boating!

Thorfinn
06-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Good Morning! Exciting day for me after I was furious last night. When I separated from my ex 2 years ago I took custody of my daughter, but my 2 cats stayed with him in the house. He is in the process of moving (into MY neighborhood!!! Different topic for anger issues...) and last night I asked him about the kitties. He took them to the SPCA!!! Didn't even tell me! Jerk! I checked their website and they are up for adoption. I will call today and get them back. Can't wait to get them back - I've really missed them. Hope they are okay and that they get readjusted to living with me at my new house.

Have a happy Friday!

Wow.....that's a really crappy thing to do. I truly hope you get them back!

Dakin
06-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Beanie.... keep us posted! I hope you get them back!

Thorfinn
06-22-2012, 07:52 AM
My 9 year old nephew said

:lol3:

My boy told me last night that he's going to miss my belly because he likes bouncing on it.

Chloe222
06-22-2012, 09:12 AM

:)

Yes, step by step, all this fat will go!

Good Morning! Exciting day for me after I was furious last night. When I separated from my ex 2 years ago I took custody of my daughter, but my 2 cats stayed with him in the house. He is in the process of moving (into MY neighborhood!!! Different topic for anger issues...) and last night I asked him about the kitties. He took them to the SPCA!!! Didn't even tell me!
Have a happy Friday!
Beanie,
How terrible!! What a despicable person! I believe what goes around, comes around, eventually. Please let us know how this goes. We also have pets, they are our kids (have no kids).

KBig
06-22-2012, 09:25 AM
IPeeps!!!!

WI# 11 tomorrow.

Ive been on my grind this week... more water less restrictives. 3-4lbs tomorrow.

Wishing my losers the best ...

keep it won'hunnid

reneepw
06-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Good morning everyone,
Beanie- that's awful. Pets are like children. I have 2 sons (human) and 2 daughters (cats). Sometimes the girls are better behaved than the boys :) What a jerk for doing that. Hope you find calm today.

Cadu-that's funny. You look terrific. And I know what you mean - sometimes I'm more tired on days that I work at home and barely move from my desk.

Tonight I'll be working at our church summer festival. Must resist funnel cake and ice cream! They give the volunteers food vouchers but I know there's really nothing there I can eat so I'll have provisions with me and will get food for my younger son. Older son is working at the ice cream booth - i won't be visiting him! I hope the rain holds off too.

Have a great day.
Back to work for me!
Renee

mompattie
06-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Good morning from sunny Saskatchewan! Just got home for a short 10 k bike ride, sitting on the deck in the sun, listening to the birds sing, and sipping my shake. What an awesome way to start the day!! I have a busy day at work, have to squeeze in some volunteering at my sons school over the noon hour, and get some dainties over to a fundraiser event that's later tonight. Busy day! Hope everyone has an awesome OP day!!!

greeniris
06-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Good morning! It's beautiful here in northern Michigan this morning. Got up early and went for a walk (little over a mile) before getting ready for work. Had a rough night, pain in my legs/feet was pretty bad again. At least it's happening less & less frequently now. I think the walk this morn helped some.

I'm so glad the stifling heat/humidity moved east of us a couple days ago - mid to high 90s and 80% humidity - just can't handle it! It's still pretty humid though. Normal for here. My older son lives in Tulsa area and keeps saying we should move there, but neither my VIP nor I would be able to handle the summer weather. Otherwise, I would seriously consider it.

Tomorrow will see lots of family I haven't seen since beginning IP. Wonder if they will notice the change in me. And, my 6 yr old granddaughter that lives in Louisianna is here for the summer, so will see her too! Am super excited about that!!!! Will take my own food for lunch & supper, as will attend my niece's high school graduation openhouse and am pretty sure my sis won't have much on hand that I'll be able to have.

Cadu - gotta love kids' candor!

Beanie - sure hope you get your cats back.

Wuv - so proud of you and all your accomplishments!

Good luck to everyone that has WIs today or tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend to all!

rainbowsmiles
06-22-2012, 10:22 AM
OK, I have a big problem. After 3 weeks on the plan with no craving I decided to make the lemon meringue cookies on another thread. They weren't very good, I think I messed up. So I dumped them.

But now, for the first time in 3 weeks I am craving sweets. That little, very yucky, cookie has left a void that wants to be filled with bakery confections and things dripping in hot grease.

How do I turn these cravings off again?
i'm so sorry i posted that recipe and made your cravings kick in, but just focus on how well you've done and keep your eye on the goal...you can do this.

I just love reading about everyone's losses this week. Today was weigh in #3 for me and I am down 11.2 pounds! I hope it keeps coming off!

woot woot!! way to go!!:carrot:

I'd do what Longhron suggests for sure!! Nothing like looking at fat pictures to keep you going in the right direction! There's a lot of before and after pictures in the goal thread on the main 3fc page. That's helpful too!! I also like to get my arse outside and ride my bike!!! Endorphins are wonderful!!! Hang in there, this feeling will pass and you will be so proud of yourself!!
thats right :bike2: wooohooo!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit, I struggle with this daily...was always a grazer. I work in the oilfield, and you dont get coffee breaks or lunch breaks and we work 12hr days normally, 30-60 days straight without days off...Over the past 10 yrs you learn to eat when you have a momentary break, or are driving from one location to another, this made you eat even if you werent hungry because it was likely the only time you would get for many hours. This later translated into my home habits as well, walk past the pantry or fridge and grab something just because it was there. The temptations are always there, and are always a fight for me...But I am slowly conqureing them...

But like the others said, the easiest way is to stay busy, I just took the dog for a walk, and yes tea has really helped me as well. I drink it hot and cold. The wife and kids had 2 pizzas tonight, and they are still on the stove, and I have walked past them at least 10x tonight and resisted...kind of torture haha
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am in awe of your determination!!! keep being LONGHORN THE CONQUEROR!! :D

Yup same here I still order pizza for the kids almost every week. The toughest for me was Cherieos a few weeks ago. Followed by hand carrying a soft serve ice cream for my daughter a few days ago.
WHAT????????:dizzy: omg!!! i don't even think i could have managed that!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot::cb::broc:
WELL DONE DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

staceyjblack
06-22-2012, 10:23 AM
I posted this in maintainers but thought I might get more eyes here...

I am in maintainence and I generally had a really good day yesterday. My p3 breakfast spread out through the morning, a "sandwich" (turkey and swiss between two pieces of romaine) and veggies, and my grilled chicken w zucchini for dinner.

However... somewhere in the afternoon I decided to bake cupcakes and I had several licks of the spoon. Do we think this qualifies me for a phase 1 day today? Or do I have a really balanced day today?

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Darralyn
06-22-2012, 10:30 AM

Good Morning Everybody

Oh what a sweet thing to hear!! My grandson said I wasn't fat anymore, too. He's four. You are looking great Carol; I am so happy for you! Hope you enjoy your kick back day!! :hug:

Good morning everyone, Had to wake up to go to the wonderful releasing of fat happy place so I started the thread at 4am.....lol...AND had to find directions on google for the BF, he was lost.....lmao....nothing like having to find directions almost busting at the seams....LMAO....but I found it and let a couple of liters of fat out....lol...so I am going back to bed now....WOW....I am in too good of a mood at 4am....hopefully when I wake up again I will still be in this mood......lol
You are so funny!! Thanks for starting the thread and starting us off laughing!! :lol::rofl:

Continuing to stay OP after last week's travel wasn't exactly OP but as close as possible when you are at a convention center for a week.

Have a happy Friday!
I am really glad you divorced the vengeful jerk!! That was downright cruel not only to you, but to your daughter as well. Some people!!! :mad:

Good morning my IP family!

Like Cadu, I don't have anything specific that needs to get done today, so I hope to get a lot of little things done. I think I'll start with mowing the lawn, just as soon as the dew dries.
Wishing everyone great weigh in's and a great OP day.
Have a really fun day!! :)

Me too!! Have a fun day anyway!
IPeeps!!!!

WI# 11 tomorrow.

Ive been on my grind this week... more water less restrictives. 3-4lbs tomorrow.

Wishing my losers the best ...

keep it won'hunnid
You keep up the great job and good luck on that WI!!

Good morning everyone,
Beanie- that's awful. Pets are like children. I have 2 sons (human) and 2 daughters (cats). Sometimes the girls are better behaved than the boys :) What a jerk for doing that. Hope you find calm today.

Cadu-that's funny. You look terrific. And I know what you mean - sometimes I'm more tired on days that I work at home and barely move from my desk.

Tonight I'll be working at our church summer festival. Must resist funnel cake and ice cream! They give the volunteers food vouchers but I know there's really nothing there I can eat so I'll have provisions with me and will get food for my younger son. Older son is working at the ice cream booth - i won't be visiting him! I hope the rain holds off too.

Have a great day.
Back to work for me!
Renee
Good luck to you at that festival!! Sounds like you've planned well!! :hug:
Good morning from sunny Saskatchewan! Just got home for a short 10 k bike ride, sitting on the deck in the sun, listening to the birds sing, and sipping my shake. What an awesome way to start the day!! I have a busy day at work, have to squeeze in some volunteering at my sons school over the noon hour, and get some dainties over to a fundraiser event that's later tonight. Busy day! Hope everyone has an awesome OP day!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day today also, my friend!!! :hug:

newmom7611
06-22-2012, 10:37 AM
stacey-- i've already started asking my coach about phase 4, since it's only a little over a week away... something like that doesn't require a phase one day.. he said minor "slip ups" won't hurt you too bad as long as they don't become frequent. for example, if you had your cheat day on saturday and you have a birthday party to go to on tuesday and have a slice of cake... as long as the rest of your week was balanced, you can enjoy the -every once in a while- treat without consequence. also, he said really stay true to the phase one day. make it immediate following the cheat day (it's MOST effective then) and do it to the "T." (i.e. select veggies and portioning carefully).. i'm sure you know all of this already but i just wanted to reiterate. you're doing great, girl! come visit sometimes.. i'd love to keep in touch since i feel like you're my phase buddy haha

Kaypix
06-22-2012, 10:37 AM
My 9 year old nephew said

A) Your ex sucks
B) Your kitties will be soooo happy to be home with you again!!! I can just imagine if he didn't have a problem dropping them at a shelter that they got a lot of TLC from "dad"
C) Have I mentioned this week that you look FABULOUS?

I think I'll start with mowing the lawn, just as soon as the dew dries.
OMG I need to mow so badly but am so tied up with the bike, it's like a little jungle...although our cats appreciate it, they can "stalk" through the grass right now lmao...and farmers market, om nom nom !!! I discovered ours two weeks ago and need to go back to get some more asparagus and garlic, man their food is G-O-O-D!

My boy told me last night that he's going to miss my belly because he likes bouncing on it.
:) That's exceptionally sweet

IPeeps!!!!
WI# 11 tomorrow.
keep it won'hunnid
KBig-Good luck at the weigh in tomorrow, I'm sure you'll kick tail :)

staceyjblack
06-22-2012, 10:39 AM
stacey-- i've already started asking my coach about phase 4, since it's only a little over a week away... something like that doesn't require a phase one day.. he said minor "slip ups" won't hurt you too bad as long as they don't become frequent. for example, if you had your cheat day on saturday and you have a birthday party to go to on tuesday and have a slice of cake... as long as the rest of your week was balanced, you can enjoy the -every once in a while- treat without consequence. also, he said really stay true to the phase one day. make it immediate following the cheat day (it's MOST effective then) and do it to the "T." (i.e. select veggies and portioning carefully).. i'm sure you know all of this already but i just wanted to reiterate. you're doing great, girl! come visit sometimes.. i'd love to keep in touch since i feel like you're my phase buddy haha

Thanks so much!!! And of course i'm sticking around! I couldn't have done this with out you al and I'll be passing the torch for sure.

rainbowsmiles
06-22-2012, 10:39 AM
good BEAUTIFUL CAROLINA MORNING:D just got back from my 7.5 mile ride WHOOOP WHOOOP :bike2: i was thinking of ya mompattie!!!:hug:

A swim turned into many swims. It's funny, even though I didnt do anything strenuous (just sit around in the heat and float in the pool) I am exhausted.

i know right!!! i always like "workouts" like that....that are just FUN and you don't even realize you've worked out until you try getting out of bed the next morning!! haha

Good Morning! Exciting day for me after I was furious last night. When I separated from my ex 2 years ago I took custody of my daughter, but my 2 cats stayed with him in the house. He is in the process of moving (into MY neighborhood!!! Different topic for anger issues...) and last night I asked him about the kitties. He took them to the SPCA!!! Didn't even tell me! Jerk! I checked their website and they are up for adoption. I will call today and get them back. Can't wait to get them back - I've really missed them. Hope they are okay and that they get readjusted to living with me at my new house. !

WOW!!! i know you must be truly pissed....some people!! i do hope you get your cats back and i'm sure they will be glad to get YOU back!! as for the ex in the same neighborhood....im thinking a dozen eggs and a door....but then thats a very very naughty thought....bad girl!!

Good morning from sunny Saskatchewan! Just got home for a short 10 k bike ride, sitting on the deck in the sun, listening to the birds sing, and sipping my shake. What an awesome way to start the day!! I have a busy day at work, have to squeeze in some volunteering at my sons school over the noon hour, and get some dainties over to a fundraiser event that's later tonight. Busy day! Hope everyone has an awesome OP day!!! :bike: :bike2: gf i was riding with ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT THIS!!! drink your water!!!!

Good morning! Had a rough night, pain in my legs/feet was pretty bad again. At least it's happening less & less frequently now. I think the walk this morn helped some.

i was getting cramps in my legs at night and i started wearing a night splint and it really helps!!!! its one i had when i was dealing with Plantar fasciitis...and i notice, when i am about to get a charlie horse, which i dread...and they put me in tears most of the time...it was when my foot was relaxing....and just as soon as i noticed that sensation, if i could immediately draw my toes up in a dorsiflexion i could prevent a full on charlie horse so wearing the splint at night keeps my foot flexed in the right position. i don't wear it every night, just occasionally. but it helps :) and i'm all about avoiding pain!!! :o <~~~ wimp in that department!!!

Kaypix
06-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm here, at work, it's an early day, been here half an hour already, it's gonna be an early out day though with any luck...assuming our boss lets me and DH head out early...waiting for the mailman again today, yesterday got one part in from Europe, just not the one we needed to wire the WHOLE bike up and be done with this god forsaken project! Hoping it comes today...and some powdercoating we got done about an hour from here, the guy mailed it Tuesday and it still isn't here, so weird, it's literally less than an hour from our door to his, usually it's 2 days, max :(

Well, I'm off to call Sweden (next month's cell bill is gonna SUCK) and find out if those master cylinders got held up in customs *sigh*

Keep it OP today everyone, enjoy your sunshine and sending the whoosh fairy on her daily rounds to make it to everyone!

DanafromAustin
06-22-2012, 10:40 AM

Good Morning Everybody

I loved the comment from your nephew. My nephew also made my favorite to date compliment to me this week. Kids are always the most sincere, gotta love their honesty.

Busy day here again getting ready for my next trip. I hope everyone has a great 100% OP day.

Ravenswood2012
06-22-2012, 10:43 AM

Have a happy Friday!
What an awful thing to do. Pets ARE family!! I hope you get them back soon, please keep us posted!!! Good Luck :)

rvingprincess
06-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I almost had a cheat yesterday, I had an ice cream cone in my hand (you know the kind with peanuts & chocolate on top we used to call them nuddy buddys for anyone in my generation), I started to unwrap it, oh it was so hot yesterday and the ice cream was so cold, but I caught myself in time wrapped it back up and put it back in the freezer (I don't keep these at home, this was at work). I feel so proud of myself, I found the will power in the end. The last couple of nights I have walked 3 miles on my treadmill (it was just too hot to walk outside) stepped on my scale this morning (it is okay I don't stress out if it goes up) and I am down -2.4 lbs. since my WI on Wed. evening and I would have spoiled all that effort for what!!! 3 minutes of pleasure. Not worth it. Today I have a work function to attend, they usually don't have much for me to eat but I think they will have some chicken and salad so that will be my lunch, plus the veggies that I bought with me, and for supper I will have my shake and veggies (just switch up my lunch & supper). Just want to wish everyone a great OP weekend.

Keep on truckin

Caren

Just noticed my ticker, getting close to the 160's can't wait, & 1 more lb. & I can add another cheerleader!!!

:dust:

evepet
06-22-2012, 10:54 AM

Good Morning Everybody

We can always count on kids to say what's on their mind! LOL.

Have a happy Friday!

Geesh, what a mean thing to do! I mean.. how much effort would it have taken him to ASK YOU if you would take the cats back to live at your home?? Hope you get them back ok. And I'm sure they'll be relieved and so grateful to be back with you and your daughter.

-------------------

The heat wave has broken, and after a thunder storm early last evening we now have much less humidity and more normal summer temps in my area. Woke up to a perfect summer day in fact. Hard not to be in a great mood on such a nice day. :)

Nothing major happening here today. Just 'doing my IP thing' and staying on track.

Have a great OP day everyone, and enjoy your day.

evepet
06-22-2012, 10:59 AM
I almost had a cheat yesterday, I had an ice cream cone in my hand (you know the kind with peanuts & chocolate on top we used to call them nuddy buddys for anyone in my generation), I started to unwrap it, oh it was so hot yesterday and the ice cream was so cold, but I caught myself in time wrapped it back up and put it back in the freezer (I don't keep these at home, this was at work). I feel so proud of myself, I found the will power in the end. The last couple of nights I have walked 3 miles on my treadmill (it was just too hot to walk outside) stepped on my scale this morning (it is okay I don't stress out if it goes up) and I am down -2.4 lbs. since my WI on Wed. evening and I would have spoiled all that effort for what!!! 3 minutes of pleasure. Not worth it. Today I have a work function to attend, they usually don't have much for me to eat but I think they will have some chicken and salad so that will be my lunch, plus the veggies that I bought with me, and for supper I will have my shake and veggies (just switch up my lunch & supper). Just want to wish everyone a great OP weekend.

Keep on truckin

Caren

Speaking of ice cream...you might be interested in what I've started using as an 'alternative ice cream'. I freeze a RTD protein shake overnight. Remove it mid afternoon and put it in the refrigerator. When you're ready to eat it, remove it from the carton, cut it into chunks and put them all in a Ninja blender. Pulse gently - just a few pulses will do it - until it forms more of a ice cream or sorbet consistency. This is satisfying my taste for ice cream right now, and has become my favorite before bed protein snack.

usmcvet
06-22-2012, 11:02 AM
:lol3:

My boy told me last night that he's going to miss my belly because he likes bouncing on it. tell him abs have more spring like a trampoline and he will like it more. He just wants to be with you Daddy! Let him know it won't change anything.

i'm so sorry i posted that recipe and made your cravings kick in, but just focus on how well you've done and keep your eye on the goal...you can do this.

woot woot!! way to go!!:carrot:

thats right :bike2: wooohooo!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am in awe of your determination!!! keep being LONGHORN THE CONQUEROR!! :D

WHAT????????:dizzy: omg!!! i don't even think i could have managed that!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot::cb::broc:
WELL DONE DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah good thing I was driving less than a 1/2 mile. :carrot:

mooselover
06-22-2012, 11:10 AM

Good Morning Everybody

Nice NSV - Kids sure are honest at times...but this was a good time :D

rvingprincess
06-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Speaking of ice cream...you might be interested in what I've started using as an 'alternative ice cream'. I freeze a RTD protein shake overnight. Remove it mid afternoon and put it in the refrigerator. When you're ready to eat it, remove it from the carton, cut it into chunks and put them all in a Ninja blender. Pulse gently - just a few pulses will do it - until it forms more of a ice cream or sorbet consistency. This is satisfying my taste for ice cream right now, and has become my favorite 'to go' before bed protein snack.

Thanks for the suggestion I will definatly try it this weekend.

mooselover
06-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Good Morning everyone. I will be going to my 17th week WI in a little bit. I've been walking and doing some light weights for 2 weeks and it sure has slowed down my losses. Think I might just do the walking till I hit my goal. I want this weight to come off!!! I was hoping to be on phase 3 before my surgery July 18th. We shall see what the scale says, but mine only shows a small loss (like 1.0) for 2 weeks. I sure feel good where I am at, but my body fat % is still a little high, and I don't want to finish until I am at 27%.

Hope everyone has a great morning. I will check back in after my WI.

GeauxTigers82
06-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Good morning, everyone! I am completely stressed out and I am breaking out like a teenager :(

My husband had back surgery 2 weeks ago. He can't do or lift anything, so I am stuck doing every single thing. We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old, and I am a teacher, so we are all home for the summer. My house is a constant mess because I can not keep up with all the Tasmanian devils in my house.

Well, my 2 year old has had a fever for the last 2 days and he threw up this morning. I am trying to potty train him because he is going to start the 3 year old program at my school in August as long as he is potty trained. He is not having any of it. I have tried bribes, stickers, etc. He is just too stubborn.

My hot water heater burst yesterday. We have 2 (one upstairs that controls the right side of the house and 1 in the garage that controls the left side of the house). The upstairs one burst in September and leaked through the ceiling. It was a mess. The one in the garage burst yesterday and it is making my wood laminate flooring in the living room bubble. Plus, we do not have hot water in the kitchen or the kids' bathroom.

I got a bill from the dentist for my stepdaughter. All of a sudden, they don't file secondary insurance. I told them too bad because they did in November and that's when the services took place. I am waiting for the office manager to call back.

We are all supposed to go to my husband's new work facility this afternoon. They are opening it to tours since it is highly classified. It's a brand new multi million dollar high tech facility, and I will never be allowed in again - or so I am told.

I still need to go to the grocery and I promised to take my 5 year old to see Brave.

I am just stressed to the max! But, I am totally on OP, so I guess there is an upside :)

mooselover
06-22-2012, 11:34 AM

I'd rather be boating too, but we will be going tomorrow :D We are taking our boat out on a trip to the Dall River to catch some Norther Pike. It's going to be an all day (6am to 10pm) trip, so I have to get all my IP food and veggies ready today.

I hope you get to go boating this weekend too!!!

mooselover
06-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Good morning, everyone! I am completely stressed out and I am breaking out like a teenager :(

My husband had back surgery 2 weeks ago. He can't do or lift anything, so I am stuck doing every single thing. We have a 2 year old and a 5 year old, and I am a teacher, so we are all home for the summer. My house is a constant mess because I can not keep up with all the Tasmanian devils in my house.

Well, my 2 year old has had a fever for the last 2 days and he threw up this morning. I am trying to potty train him because he is going to start the 3 year old program at my school in August as long as he is potty trained. He is not having any of it. I have tried bribes, stickers, etc. He is just too stubborn.

My hot water heater burst yesterday. We have 2 (one upstairs that controls the right side of the house and 1 in the garage that controls the left side of the house). The upstairs one burst in September and leaked through the ceiling. It was a mess. The one in the garage burst yesterday and it is making my wood laminate flooring in the living room bubble. Plus, we do not have hot water in the kitchen or the kids' bathroom.

I got a bill from the dentist for my stepdaughter. All of a sudden, they don't file secondary insurance. I told them too bad because they did in November and that's when the services took place. I am waiting for the office manager to call back.

We are all supposed to go to my husband's new work facility this afternoon. They are opening it to tours since it is highly classified. It's a brand new multi million dollar high tech facility, and I will never be allowed in again - or so I am told.

I still need to go to the grocery and I promised to take my 5 year old to see Brave.

I am just stressed to the max! But, I am totally on OP, so I guess there is an upside :)

Take a deep breath and relax!!! Life will get better. Just take one thing at a time. :hug:

KBig
06-22-2012, 11:50 AM
oops ... WI #10 ...

time sure flies .... when melting away ...

bttrhalf
06-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Morning, I'm brand new to IP, signed up yesterday and starting this morning. scared and excited all at once. I haven't done a diet quite this restrictive before but I need to do something. Bought a maxi summer dress on Tuesday and got it home to try on and boy did i look awful in it, made up my mind right then i had to do something.
hoping to get to my goal weight by the end of October my birthday.

britne1
06-22-2012, 12:00 PM
3.5 lbs in 3 days. Can't wait to see where I'm at in 4 more days. Wish me luck on my one day road trip. I'll be getting up early tomorrow to pack my veggies and shake and will have meat + protein at dinner with the family.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

MiamiCajun
06-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Happy Friday!! Welcome bttrhalf! Wishing you happiness as you embark on your journey :)

Bought the IP chicken soup, can't wait to add my broccoli and chicken, that's what I'm looking forward to today!!!

lisabk
06-22-2012, 12:20 PM

Good Morning Everybody

LOVE your nephew...kids are great! I know it must have made you feel wonderful. Your progression pics are amazing. I wish I had done that in the beginning. I did take one this week and will start taking them monthly going forward. Enjoy your day.

lisabk
06-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Good Morning everyone. I will be going to my 17th week WI in a little bit. I've been walking and doing some light weights for 2 weeks and it sure has slowed down my losses. Think I might just do the walking till I hit my goal. I want this weight to come off!!! I was hoping to be on phase 3 before my surgery July 18th. We shall see what the scale says, but mine only shows a small loss (like 1.0) for 2 weeks. I sure feel good where I am at, but my body fat % is still a little high, and I don't want to finish until I am at 27%.

Hope everyone has a great morning. I will check back in after my WI.

Good luck! You look amazing.

IPdivajen
06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Happy Friday all! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. :)

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 12:36 PM
I posted this in maintainers but thought I might get more eyes here...

I am in maintainence and I generally had a really good day yesterday. My p3 breakfast spread out through the morning, a "sandwich" (turkey and swiss between two pieces of romaine) and veggies, and my grilled chicken w zucchini for dinner.

However... somewhere in the afternoon I decided to bake cupcakes and I had several licks of the spoon. Do we think this qualifies me for a phase 1 day today? Or do I have a really balanced day today?

Thanks for the help everyone!!!
You should be fine, a few licks won't hurt you as the other poster said, just don't make it a habit again :)

Keep on truckin

Caren

Just noticed my ticker, getting close to the 160's can't wait, & 1 more lb. & I can add another cheerleader!!!

KEY WORD.......ALMOST!!......You DIDN"T do it, be proud of that. Life will throw you ALL KINDS of curve balls just stay focused on what you are doing and you will be fine.

You have the strength to overcome anything thrown at you, you are a mom, teacher and wife, ALL of those rolls takes a strong woman and YOU ARE that....STRONG!....believe in yourself :):hug:

Morning, I'm brand new to IP, signed up yesterday and starting this morning. scared and excited all at once. I haven't done a diet quite this restrictive before but I need to do something. Bought a maxi summer dress on Tuesday and got it home to try on and boy did i look awful in it, made up my mind right then i had to do something.
Welcome to the IP family and to the most incredible journey of your life. You will enjoy this very strict program once you see the results with the first week. Your first week MIGHT be a little rough but hang tight and work through it. You will be amazed, its strict but very very doable. Check in here daily for support, suggestions or anything else....we even vent sometimes on here about non IP stuff....its an open board use it to stay focused :)

Good morning everyone, I woke up in the mood I was in at 4am....GOOD MOOD!....my mom, brother and nephews are on the way so I am excited about that. It will be a fun filled weekend for sure!

rainbowsmiles
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Good morning everyone, I woke up in the mood I was in at 4am....GOOD MOOD!....my mom, brother and nephews are on the way so I am excited about that. It will be a fun filled weekend for sure![/COLOR]

:D:D must be love ;) love makes the world go round!!!

Tigerlvr52
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
So I forgot to update on my 3rd weigh in... Down another 7 that's 31 lbs folks in 3 weeks..... Woot.

mooselover
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
So I forgot to update on my 3rd weigh in... Down another 7 that's 31 lbs folks in 3 weeks..... Woot.

Woo Hoo :carrot:

Darralyn
06-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the forum and I wish you the very best!! We will be here for you through your journey and give you support. YOU CAN DO THIS!! :broc::broc:

I'd rather be boating too, but we will be going tomorrow :D We are taking our boat out on a trip to the Dall River to catch some Norther Pike. It's going to be an all day (6am to 10pm) trip, so I have to get all my IP food and veggies ready today.

I am jealous! Wish I could go boating with you!! You live in such a beautiful area! :cool:

Happy Friday all! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. :)

Back at ya! Hope your weekend is fantastic also!! ;)

Darralyn
06-22-2012, 12:56 PM

That is so amazing!!! You are rocking it girl friend!! :dance::dance:

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Congrats!, that is a fantastic number to pull on week 3!

elsieblu
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
omg...the strength all of you share is wonderful! Thank you. On day six...I think I'm cheating myself by not having the last cup of veggies at dinner but don't feel hungry for it until the next a.m. ;) But all day at work yesterday sat not 1 but 2 boxes of doughnuts and I ate zero :carrot:, then my son came in later and tossed a bag of lays potato chips, a favorite of my PAST self and I tossed them to another co-worker...:carrot: that's what I call success for the day.

hugs :hug: to all and prayers for continued strength and believe in YOU!!

Kaypix
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
I started to unwrap it, oh it was so hot yesterday and the ice cream was so cold, but I caught myself in time wrapped it back up and put it back in the freezer ... I am down -2.4 lbs. since my WI on Wed. evening and I would have spoiled all that effort for what!!! 3 minutes of pleasure. Not worth it.
Way to stay tough!! This morning I crept onto the scale expecting gain, I have one SOMEWHERE every week (weigh daily and track changes), and so far no gain...I was 169.6...and now it's weird, I am PETRIFIED I'll have a gain this weekend and go back over 170 on Monday's WI...weird huh? It took me 3 weeks to kill 4 pounds :S but they is dead now, d-e-d dead!

Speaking of ice cream...you might be interested in what I've started using as an 'alternative ice cream'. I freeze a RTD protein shake overnight. Remove it mid afternoon and put it in the refrigerator. When you're ready to eat it, remove it from the carton, cut it into chunks and put them all in a Ninja blender. Pulse gently - just a few pulses will do it - until it forms more of a ice cream or sorbet consistency. This is satisfying my taste for ice cream right now, and has become my favorite before bed protein snack.
This has been stolen and put onto my blog for desserts and snacks :D We are up to 4, yes 4! Ice cream versions!!!

You still had the strength to smile :) You can do it! I know you can! If the policy changed AFTER the procedure, then they can't get after you for it, because it's like if your insurance was cancelled 2 weeks afterwards and then they didnt' submit to the insurance at all (tha's how i sees it at least). I hope your water heater regains its marbles, that your floor unbubbles, you little one's fever and sickness breaks...hope he gets chicken pox on his butt (cured my potty training at just over 2 ;) ), your DH's back gets better and when it does he continues telling you you is an amazing wifey and mommy to his beautiful children! :) :hug:

bttrhalf
06-22-2012, 01:06 PM
I wake up incredibly early in the am(3), had some water (24oz) and a cup of black coffee with a teaspoon of splenda, had breakfast at about 6:30am a wildberry yogurt and more water and another coffee, it is now 9am and i'm a bit hungry so nibbling on a few of the raw veggies I brought for lunch (is this ok):?:
I have had about 56oz of water so far.
not to bad so far.:carrot:

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
omg...the strength all of you share is wonderful! Thank you. On day six...I think I'm cheating myself by not having the last cup of veggies at dinner but don't feel hungry for it until the next a.m. ;) But all day at work yesterday sat not 1 but 2 boxes of doughnuts and I ate zero :carrot:, then my son came in later and tossed a bag of lays potato chips, a favorite of my PAST self and I tossed them to another co-worker...:carrot: that's what I call success for the day.

hugs :hug: to all and prayers for continued strength and believe in YOU!!

You need to make sure you are getting ALL 4 cups of your veggies. If you are not hungry for them at dinner time then make that one cup of veggies an afternoon snack. It is very important to get ALL 4 cups in....just a suggestion :)

Porthardygurl
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Good Morning All...

What a terrible nights sleep...pee pee pee pee pee pee pee pee pee....you get my point..When does are bladder get used to it and we stop peeing as much??? Cause i thought are bladder is supposed to expand and get used to the amount of fluid it contains no?

Well im happy to report..yesterday we finally had a hot summer day...too bad i was in bed fighting off horrible cravings..I was having cravings so bad that i succumbed myself to the bedroom until they passed...I figured..why not try and sleep? Yah...pee pee pee pee pee pee..you see my point. Point is: The wafers are a friggen bust!!! I bought a box of these baby's thinking that they would be my haven for something chocolatey and sweet when i needed a treat or had PMS....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (said in a sarcastic tone) I found out they just give me mad cravings....craving after craving after craving after i eat one...Its like 3 hours of madness...I see images of dancing sourdough bread in my head and its not good..Needless to say...they are GONE...into the garbage they go because i will not have all these stupid cravings just because i decide to waste my restricted on them!

Anywho...hope everyone has a great day OP!!!! Keep it real!

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
I wake up incredibly early in the am(3), had some water (24oz) and a cup of black coffee with a teaspoon of splenda, had breakfast at about 6:30am a wildberry yogurt and more water and another coffee, it is now 9am and i'm a bit hungry so nibbling on a few of the raw veggies I brought for lunch (is this ok):?:
I have had about 56oz of water so far.
not to bad so far.:carrot:

Yes, you are fine. Make sure if you are drinking more than one cup of coffee you add another 8 oz of water to flush it out. Are you drinking decaf or regular?

haddy4
06-22-2012, 01:18 PM
weigh in yesterday went great..3.8 pounds and 3.25 inches gone !! very happy !! Hope everyone has a great day !!

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 01:19 PM
weigh in yesterday went great..3.8 pounds and 3.25 inches gone !! very happy !! Hope everyone has a great day !!

WOOHOO!!!!...you got this Haddy...YOU GOT THIS!!

bttrhalf
06-22-2012, 01:23 PM
I drink regular coffee, I have been told to cut back as much as possible. I usually drink 3 or 4 cups a day but did ok on just 2 this morning. and I usually use fat free creamer, no creamer today.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/slider-but4/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 01:24 PM
I drink regular coffee, I have been told to cut back as much as possible. I usually drink 3 or 4 cups a day but did ok on just 2 this morning. and I usually use fat free creamer, no creamer today.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/slider-but4/lb/197/145/197/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Cutting back is a good idea, I have 1 or 2 cups in the morning for breakfast and that is it. I add 8-16oz more of water when I have 2 cups. I drink anywhere from 4-5 liters of water a day

jules26965
06-22-2012, 01:26 PM

Welcome! I'm new too, just finished my 7th day of IP yesterday and had my first weigh in Wednesday (down 5.7lbs woot!). My bday is at the end of October and I'm hoping to be to my goal weight by then too!

TGIF!!! I'm pretty nervous because tonight's my best friend's birthday party. I told my coach I'm going to have a drink or 2 (vodka/club soda), but I'm worried about how the alcohol will effect me. I already have a DD lined up! The "good news" is that I work at 9:45 tomorrow morning so I have a second excuse not to go crazy with shots (people don't seem to want to hear diet)....

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!

J bug
06-22-2012, 01:27 PM
TGIF! My husband's been out of town for two weeks and gets back Sunday night. I'm ready for the help with our two small children! :)

My husband will be starting IP next week and will be a LOSER right along with me. I can't wait to have him at my side, eating the same stuff. Now, if I could just get my boys to embrace more vegetables. Lead by example, right?

Thorfinn
06-22-2012, 01:30 PM

Excellent!!! :carrot:

I'll get out at least twice this weekend......Just not sure where we're going to drag it yet. :)

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Welcome! I'm new too, just finished my 7th day of IP yesterday and had my first weigh in Wednesday (down 5.7lbs woot!). My bday is at the end of October and I'm hoping to be to my goal weight by then too!

TGIF!!! I'm pretty nervous because tonight's my best friend's birthday party. I told my coach I'm going to have a drink or 2 (vodka/club soda), but I'm worried about how the alcohol will effect me. I already have a DD lined up! The "good news" is that I work at 9:45 tomorrow morning so I have a second excuse not to go crazy with shots (people don't seem to want to hear diet)....

DON'T DO IT.....DON'T HAVE THAT DRINK!!!!!.....its NOT worth it....its her BIRTHDAY, that doesn't mean you have to celebrate it with drinking, celebrate it with good company. Celebrating has always been a way to eat and drink, Now just enjoy the company without the drinking or eating, you will be very happy that you did not have that drink. You will feel guilty and beat yourself up over it. You loss 5lbs your first week, you drink and it will take you back a week....DON"T DO IT!

mooselover
06-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Back from my WI. I lost .4 lbs and .5 inches. This last 10 pounds is going to be slow I am affraid...I had one of my best weeks ever. Felt so energetic and had great workouts. Makes me feel kind of sad.

usmcvet
06-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Awesome.

Way to stay tough!! This morning I crept onto the scale expecting gain, I have one SOMEWHERE every week (weigh daily and track changes), and so far no gain...I was 169.6...and now it's weird, I am PETRIFIED I'll have a gain this weekend and go back over 170 on Monday's WI...weird huh? It took me 3 weeks to kill 4 pounds :S but they is dead now, d-e-d dead!

I felt the same way when I dropped below 400. It was a huge emotional thing for me just the 170's are for you. I am never going back! You aren't either.

chicagoboiler
06-22-2012, 02:03 PM

Holy moly Tigerlvr....your rock and kick major butt!! Keep it up!:dizzy:

LizRR
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM

WOWZA!!! That is AWESOME! Congratulations!!!

What a terrible nights sleep...pee pee pee pee pee pee pee pee pee....you get my point..When does are bladder get used to it and we stop peeing as much??? Cause i thought are bladder is supposed to expand and get used to the amount of fluid it contains no?

Well im happy to report..yesterday we finally had a hot summer day...too bad i was in bed fighting off horrible cravings..I was having cravings so bad that i succumbed myself to the bedroom until they passed...I figured..why not try and sleep? Yah...pee pee pee pee pee pee..you see my point. Point is: The wafers are a friggen bust!!! I bought a box of these baby's thinking that they would be my haven for something chocolatey and sweet when i needed a treat or had PMS....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (said in a sarcastic tone) I found out they just give me mad cravings....craving after craving after craving after i eat one...Its like 3 hours of madness...I see images of dancing sourdough bread in my head and its not good..Needless to say...they are GONE...into the garbage they go because i will not have all these stupid cravings just because i decide to waste my restricted on them!

I hear you - both on the bad sleep last night due to pee breaks (woke up 2x) and in the past I also had to chunk restricted because they were triggers. Good for you to recognize and remove it! For me it's the chocolate soy puffs, they are TOO GOOD for me to have in my house! As for the pee breaks, my mom came into town last night and we stayed up later than usual and I ended up drinking more water that I normal so late. Dragging today...

anitamarlene
06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Weekend encouragment... I am two weeks into the program. Tonight my husband comes home for a breif weekend visit (he is out of town for work ALL SUMMER!). I want to fall back into fun (ie FOOD) routines. Pizza and a movie tonight, breakfast at our favorite place tomorrow, BBQ on Saturday, drinks around the firepit at night, baking some sweet treats (I love to bake-one of my biggest hobbies).

Please I need suggestions for a much needed fun weekend with my husband that keeps me on plan! He is supportive, this is about me. I feel so un-fun right now.

LizRR
06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Back from my WI. I lost .4 lbs and .5 inches. This last 10 pounds is going to be slow I am affraid...I had one of my best weeks ever. Felt so energetic and had great workouts. Makes me feel kind of sad.

That was my WI last week! Hoping this one today is better! You know the drill, it goes back & forth - and you are really close to goal! Looking good momma! Hope your daughter is going good too!

Lynnie63
06-22-2012, 02:12 PM
For my WI on Wednesday I "only" lost 1.8, it was 1.6 the week before that. My losses have been low for IP - in the 2# range, with 1 4.8# thrown in there. I go to see the endocrinologist on Wednesday, I'm curious to see what he says. I'm going to see if he'll up my Syntrhroid dosage.

I've been 100% OP. I've tried eating my usual 2 heads of lettuce a day, only 1 head of lettuce a day. Just a few restricteds, or no restricteds. The week I lost 4 pounds I didn't do anything different than I do any other week.

I've moved my breakfast to 7ish (which is when I get to work), instead of 8. I get hungry around 10 - 10:30 so I have 2 egg whites. I drink 20+ glasses of water each day, so that's not it.

I'm going to try an experiment this week - I know there are many people on this board who have a restricted item every day and have bigger losses than I do, so this week that's what I'm going to do.

My coach is new and said that the restricted items are ok for at night , but I think I'm going to limit them to breakfast or lunch - that seems to be the consensus around here.

Kaypix
06-22-2012, 02:14 PM
I felt the same way when I dropped below 400. It was a huge emotional thing for me just the 170's are for you. I am never going back! You aren't either.
Thanks vet, kind of made me tear up a little bit...in a good way of course! :hug: I cannot remember the last time I was in the 160's aside from when I was in California...at least DH told me I didn't get this thin on WW and that was August 2008...moved home from California in April 2007...I love how I look right now, and can't wait to see where I am in 10, 15, 20 pounds...and if I hold my loss this whole weekend, I get another bead on Monday, 5 beads for my charm bracelet :)
2005 ... my "bridal shower" more than a month after my wedding, because I eloped...https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/2076_49388151915_9432_n.jpg

And my all-time-ever favorite picture of myself...June 2006, had been married a year, drove home with DH for our one year reception (since we didn't have a wedding, just a courthouse)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/2076_49388171915_250_n.jpg

I want to look like THAT again :) Freckles are standing out from all the outdoor riding I did in San Diego...and my arms were like, ripped!

reneepw
06-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Weekend encouragment... I am two weeks into the program. Tonight my husband comes home for a breif weekend visit (he is out of town for work ALL SUMMER!). I want to fall back into fun (ie FOOD) routines. Pizza and a movie tonight, breakfast at our favorite place tomorrow, BBQ on Saturday, drinks around the firepit at night, baking some sweet treats (I love to bake-one of my biggest hobbies).

Please I need suggestions for a much needed fun weekend with my husband that keeps me on plan! He is supportive, this is about me. I feel so un-fun right now.

hi Anitamarlene - browse through the recipes here..you can still make it fun - just do it in an IP-way! If you want to snack around the firepit - save your veggies and just snack on cut up peppers and celery. Make baked kale chips. Drink water with some flavoring - i know some folks like Mio. Bake zucchini on top of the oatmeal for a 'pie'..it uses apple pie spice. Make 'pizza' from the potato puree. There are some things like that you can do - or make the fun something different...play mini golf; do a movie after you eat? BBQ using chicken breast with a little OO and not the bbq sauce. The key to staying on this - is finding a way to find a way - if that makes sense. You have to be able to live ...and I don't believe that means staying away from everything that makes you happy.
you can do it!

rainbowsmiles
06-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks vet, kind of made me tear up a little bit...in a good way of course! :hug: I cannot remember the last time I was in the 160's aside from when I was in California...at least DH told me I didn't get this thin on WW and that was August 2008...moved home from California in April 2007...I love how I look right now, and can't wait to see where I am in 10, 15, 20 pounds...and if I hold my loss this whole weekend, I get another bead on Monday, 5 beads for my charm bracelet :)
2005 ... my "bridal shower" more than a month after my wedding, because I eloped...https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/2076_49388151915_9432_n.jpg

And my all-time-ever favorite picture of myself...June 2006, had been married a year, drove home with DH for our one year reception (since we didn't have a wedding, just a courthouse)

I want to look like THAT again :) Freckles are standing out from all the outdoor riding I did in San Diego...and my arms were like, ripped!

0hhhmy goodness you are SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love that photo of u in the wedding dress!!!

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 02:33 PM

Enjoy your DH home for the weekend, that doesn't mean you have to eat. Enjoy him being home and spend time with him. He is supportive of you then he will understand and support you. Make this about YOU, make smart choices, its NOT about the food but the company! You can have GRILLED meat just not the BBQ sauce unless its WF which is yummy by the way. Breakfast you can still have a veggie omelet or something like that. I agree with the drinking around the fire with water and MIO in it. ONLY YOU would know the difference. You can figure this out IF you want it bad enough. I know he is proud of you for doing this just as much as you are proud of yourself. BE STRONG, its what he would want you to do. Like I said ANYTHING is possible IF you put your mind to it....ENJOY HIM....don't focus of the food but the TIME he is home :)

My guy was home for 4 days after being gone for 4 weeks, we grilled the first night, steaks and veggies, second night I cooked a big pot of chicken and sausage gumbo with potato salad. I ate the juice of the gumbo with chicken pieces shredded in it with cauliflower rice. Third night I cooked them lasagna with fresh green beans, I ate a big mac bowl. Fourth night was left overs....lol...I made it about me but enjoyed my time with him cooking what he likes to eat. It didn't bother me at all because I have the right mind set that nothing will come between me and my goal :)

For my WI on Wednesday I "only" lost 1.8, it was 1.6 the week before that. My losses have been low for IP - in the 2# range, with 1 4.8# thrown in there. I go to see the endocrinologist on Wednesday, I'm curious to see what he says. I'm going to see if he'll up my Syntrhroid dosage.

I've been 100% OP. I've tried eating my usual 2 heads of lettuce a day, only 1 head of lettuce a day. Just a few restricteds, or no restricteds. The week I lost 4 pounds I didn't do anything different than I do any other week.

I've moved my breakfast to 7ish (which is when I get to work), instead of 8. I get hungry around 10 - 10:30 so I have 2 egg whites. I drink 20+ glasses of water each day, so that's not it.

I'm going to try an experiment this week - I know there are many people on this board who have a restricted item every day and have bigger losses than I do, so this week that's what I'm going to do.

My coach is new and said that the restricted items are ok for at night , but I think I'm going to limit them to breakfast or lunch - that seems to be the consensus around here.
I have always had my restricted for breakfast because it has more calories and protein for me to burn and it starts me off on the right foot. I have all day to burn that off, it has worked for me for the past 15 months. Sometimes you have to play around and see what works for you :)my average over the last 59 weeks is 2.89lbs. Some weeks I have NO losses but I just hang in there cuz I know its my body adjusting to my losses.

kmstacy
06-22-2012, 02:36 PM

holy cow that is awesome ..i am jealous !:carrot:

mooselover
06-22-2012, 02:46 PM

Adorable pictures!!!

jules26965
06-22-2012, 02:48 PM
DON'T DO IT.....DON'T HAVE THAT DRINK!!!!!.....its NOT worth it....its her BIRTHDAY, that doesn't mean you have to celebrate it with drinking, celebrate it with good company. Celebrating has always been a way to eat and drink, Now just enjoy the company without the drinking or eating, you will be very happy that you did not have that drink. You will feel guilty and beat yourself up over it. You loss 5lbs your first week, you drink and it will take you back a week....DON"T DO IT!

You're right! I resisted cake and chicken wings and all sorts of stuff at her dinner the other night, I should be able to drink water and have fun without the alcohol! That way I can reach my goal that much sooner! Thanks wuv2bloved, sometimes I need the tough love (my coach is kinda meek and I have a somewhat strong personality....)

Darralyn
06-22-2012, 02:50 PM

I'm pretending I didn't hear that; you're kidding, right? You cannot drink on this program! You're in your second week and thinking about this? Please don't do it!! :^::^:

cstokes102
06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
@ Kaypix, those picture are nice but the one in the wedding dress is absolutely beautiful. It looks like a picture for a wedding magazine. (sorry I didn't attach the original message but I can't seem to figure out how to do that or post a picture of myself.)

Finally victory on the scale again yesterday I lost 5.5 lbs. Now only 6 lbs. to go before I reach my first 40 lbs. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 02:56 PM
You're right! I resisted cake and chicken wings and all sorts of stuff at her dinner the other night, I should be able to drink water and have fun without the alcohol! That way I can reach my goal that much sooner! Thanks wuv2bloved, sometimes I need the tough love (my coach is kinda meek and I have a somewhat strong personality....)

Post like this get you "MY" tough love....lol....this will keep you focused and get to your goal quicker!....I pass my "tough love" around when needed...ask anyone on here....lol....Sometimes I give it and don't even realize I do....lol

Darralyn
06-22-2012, 02:58 PM

OMG you look absolutely gorgeous!! What a beauty you are!:)

anitamarlene
06-22-2012, 03:01 PM

Try club soda and lime - change of pace and it looks like you are having a drink so people won't give you grief. I actually really like this when I go out!

Diana B
06-22-2012, 03:25 PM

Hey, we're neighbors! I live in Kent, where do you go for IP? The first few days are rough, but don't give up, this is the best plan I have experienced, I have lost over 58 pounds since Feb 22, 2012, I love IP!

jules26965
06-22-2012, 03:25 PM
@anitamarlene - Thanks, I will try the club soda (although I think lemon is more OP than lime, right?)!!! I will get grief either way but that's ok...my health is worth a little bit of grief!

Diana B
06-22-2012, 03:30 PM

Awesome! You are definitely rockin' IP :bravo::cp::dancer::cloud9:

mompattie
06-22-2012, 03:34 PM

I'm pretending I didn't hear that; you're kidding, right? You cannot drink on this program! You're in your second week and thinking about this? Please don't do it!! :^::^:

I totally agree with these girls. Drinking alcohol will stall your weight loss. Kiss $100 for next weeks packets goodbye, cause it will set you back. You're on momentum now, DON'T drink alcohol. Try water with MIO, or sparkling water with lime or lemon, or even some MIO in it. Or just plain old water!! The alcohol isn't worth it. YOU ARE.

Beanie Mommy
06-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Update in the cat situation - both are at home now getting acquainted with their new house. They were just about as happy to see me as I was to see them. Gotta get back to work, more later. Thank you all for your support.

Thorfinn
06-22-2012, 03:39 PM

I was in a similar situation last week. I didn't drink....had a pretty terrible time....but felt fantastic in the morning. I would have beaten myself up for days if I had wasted all that work on a couple drinks.

You can do it.

Drunk people suck to be around when you're sober :D

Diana B
06-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Update in the cat situation - both are at home now getting acquainted with their new house. They were just about as happy to see me as I was to see them. Gotta get back to work, more later. Thank you all for your support.

Yay! :carrot::D:cb:

rvingprincess
06-22-2012, 03:44 PM

I'm glad to see they are home safe and sound, we have 3 cats so I know what you were going through, they will have a better home now that they are with you.

Diana B
06-22-2012, 03:47 PM
I found a picture that was taken for my passport (thank goodness I didn't get it yet), and I couldn't believe how much my face has changed since IP! I took another face shot and there is a definite difference. I will try to post it later if I can figure it out, lol!:D

LizRR
06-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Glad to hear about your kitties being home BeanieMommy! What a jerk! He's an EX for a reason!!!!

And Kaypix - wow, what great pictures!

Back for WI#16 and down 4lb! Much welcomed after last week's poor showing - but that's how it goes - some weeks your down - most weeks your UP!!! Enjoy your Friday Folks! Off to make the bacon (not eat it)....

rainbowsmiles
06-22-2012, 03:54 PM
well of course they were happy to see you....cats know where their love comes from!!! i bet they are OVER THE MOON HAPPY TO BE BACK HOME WITH MAMA!!! :yay:

Back for WI#16 and down 4lb! Much welcomed after last week's poor showing - but that's how it goes - some weeks your down - most weeks your UP!!! Enjoy your Friday Folks! Off to make the bacon (not eat it)....

:dance: :dance: :dance: WHOOOP WHOOOP WAY TO GO LIZ!!! :bravo:

chicagoboiler
06-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Glad to hear about your kitties being home BeanieMommy! What a jerk! He's an EX for a reason!!!!

And Kaypix - wow, what great pictures!

Way to go on the big loss. You, like so many others out here, are inspirations to those who are newer to IP and more in the beginning phases. Keep it up!

GemIAm
06-22-2012, 03:55 PM

Is there an alternate "fun activity" you do that isn't food-centered? My hubby is a home-brewer and we "used to" go explore breweries together...but now we go on cool scenic drives & stop at Subway (chicken spinach salad for me). Or you could also try having "fun healthy food" - like making shish-kebabs & grilling them! Try some herbal tea by the fire pit - or Mio in your water bottle. Of course...if you haven't seen each other for a while...I can think of several non-food ways to "celebrate" your weight loss! STAY STRONG!

bttrhalf
06-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Ok, I've had the tomato soup for lunch not to bad :halffull: i can eat it. had celery and the blue cheese dip just a tablespoon full. took my vitamin now because I wanted more on my stomach before i did. I tend to give vitamins back after taking them:barf::barf:

jules26965
06-22-2012, 04:18 PM
I was in a similar situation last week. I didn't drink....had a pretty terrible time....but felt fantastic in the morning. I would have beaten myself up for days if I had wasted all that work on a couple drinks.

You can do it.

I hear you!!! And this isn't going to be a social drunk at the neighbors sort of party, and sloppy drunks are even more sucky :) But it will be ok...not having a fabulous time for 3 hours tonight vs beating myself up all next week and a bad WI aren't worth it.

The thing is, when I mentioned it to my coach, she didn't act like it was a big deal at all. When I posted this morning, I wasn't so worried about undoing my work as I was about overdoing the drinking on such a low calorie diet (I'm obviously not used to that) -- that's why I was so cavalier. I've done a bit more reading now on here thanks to the tough love and agree that it isn't worth it!

Hgamroth
06-22-2012, 04:35 PM
FANTASTIC DAY!!! TOM weigh in so I wasn't expecting much. -2.8 pounds!!! I was shocked. I also delivered a speech, passed a mid-term with an A and turned in a 5 page paper! WHEW!!! I am going to relax, garage sale and play with the kids this weekend. Happy Weekend everyone!

newmom7611
06-22-2012, 04:37 PM
ok, so i'm in my 4th day of phase 3 and it's going ok. Don't get me wrong-- i LOVE the breakfasts and love eating my grains, fruit, and dairy again. However, i'm having a bit of love/hate feelings toward food. I feel like i've become SO obsessed with it. I'm having such a tough time because no one understands where i'm coming from, except for you guys, i think. I talk to my husband about it all the time, but i know he's tuning me out 90% of the time. He really just DOESN'T get it. He's barely 150 pounds , standing 6'1. He carb loads all day long just to keep the little amount of weight on him (he's a stick!). So when i'm blabbering about carbs, calories, and fat....what i had and what i wish i could have... it goes in one ear and right out the other for him. :( Anyway, back to the reason for my post....

Phase 3 is great.... i know how that it's probably THE most important of them all... but i'm getting nervous. I'm so obsessive and so scared of food now, that i don't even know how to explain the UN ease i feel having them back. i LOVE the tastes and crunch and creaminess of it all... but i hate it because i know what those foods are capable of. I NEVER want to be the person i was before i started IP.. I'm petrified of that person, and never want to see her again.

Ever since i entered phase 3--- i crash, hard. Soon after breakfast, i feel like i HAVE to have a second cup of coffee to make it through the day (i don't), but i feel like i need to nap when my son does. I've been kind of depressed lately (TOM was a week an a half ago, so its not that). I can't explain it, I'm just----- down and bluesy for no reason.... MY SKIN - i'm breaking out so bad... this coming from someone with pretty good skin.. i never even broke out during puberty. I feel like i get 2 new pimples over night. i'm trying to clear them up, but my skin is all of a sudden so oily and gross looking. Here's to hoping it clears up soon! One more for my "con list" is ... I feel like I'm beginning to entertain the idea of excusing things that aren't ok...such as, "well since you are REintroducing foods, maybe you can add a little this and a little that here and there" (even later in the day) which is NOT good. I was so militant with this in phase one. i have to keep that up for this to work.
The GOOD things are -- First and foremost, obviously the food. Secondly, I've been using the bathroom every day since I started phase 3, which is a great change up. i used to only go once or twice a week on phase one. Third, i've lost 3 oz-- i'll take ANY loss with having carbs, fat, and calories of this nature.
Anyway.. I felt comfy in phase one.. i felt SAFE in phase one.. i just need to keep practicing control, because...it's hard when you can have it but you have to STOP. severe moderation is what i'm going to have to keep practicing... sorry for the rant/long post. just a tough time lately. :hug:

Lynnie63
06-22-2012, 04:39 PM
I have always had my restricted for breakfast because it has more calories and protein for me to burn and it starts me off on the right foot. I have all day to burn that off, it has worked for me for the past 15 months. Sometimes you have to play around and see what works for you :)my average over the last 59 weeks is 2.89lbs. Some weeks I have NO losses but I just hang in there cuz I know its my body adjusting to my losses.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I appreciate the ecouragement. My average is about yours. I guess people are loosing about the same I have in 12 weeks in three weeks and you think why not me?

You're gonna do great as a coach! :)

evepet
06-22-2012, 04:44 PM
I hear you!!! And this isn't going to be a social drunk at the neighbors sort of party, and sloppy drunks are even more sucky :) But it will be ok...not having a fabulous time for 3 hours tonight vs beating myself up all next week and a bad WI aren't worth it.

The thing is, when I mentioned it to my coach, she didn't act like it was a big deal at all. When I posted this morning, I wasn't so worried about undoing my work as I was about overdoing the drinking on such a low calorie diet (I'm obviously not used to that) -- that's why I was so cavalier. I've done a bit more reading now on here thanks to the tough love and agree that it isn't worth it!

There is SUCH a difference in coaches! I'm amazed that she wasn't all over you about even thinking of having an alcoholic drink tonight. So glad that you've changed your mind about it. You'll feel better knowing that you stuck 100%. Occasionally I have a club soda with lots of ice and a few squirts of MIO. Somehow the carbonation in the club soda makes the drink feel special. :)

wuv2bloved
06-22-2012, 04:49 PM
I have always had my restricted for breakfast because it has more calories and protein for me to burn and it starts me off on the right foot. I have all day to burn that off, it has worked for me for the past 15 months. Sometimes you have to play around and see what works for you :)my average over the last 59 weeks is 2.89lbs. Some weeks I have NO losses but I just hang in there cuz I know its my body adjusting to my losses.

Thanks!! I appreciate the ecouragement. My average is about yours. I guess people are loosing about the same I have in 12 weeks in three weeks and you think why not me?

You're gonna do great as a coach! :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks, this is why I always say never compare yourself to anyone when it comes to YOUR journey. We all lose differently, its YOUR journey. You are doing great and your average is right on target if you ask me. You are on the right track:hug:

haddy4
06-22-2012, 04:54 PM
:hug:Back from my WI. I lost .4 lbs and .5 inches. This last 10 pounds is going to be slow I am affraid...I had one of my best weeks ever. Felt so energetic and had great workouts. Makes me feel kind of sad.

Ahhhh dont feel sad :hug: I look at your pictures and think i hope i can look like that soon :carrot: You are doing so good !!!

patns
06-22-2012, 05:20 PM

Happy news!! Good for you.

Pat

offkilter
06-22-2012, 05:23 PM
I am back on IP. Took off for a month because I was traveling, away at classes, and a variety of other business. I started off trying to stay on IP during it all, but ultimately I was too stressed and getting too hungry when I was traveling. So I just ate low carb.

I put on 2 pounds and no inches (I'm guessing what I put on was water weight), and it was gone after my first day back on IP. Now I've been on for a week and so far that 2 pounds (no inches) is the only thing to go. I haven't been sleeping well since I've been back on, I am constantly hungry, and I don't like the food as much.

I know this diet is effective and I really want to stick with it. Can't seem to stop feeling depressed about it though.

Tammywhiz
06-22-2012, 05:32 PM

I did some research about drinking too. I am not a regular drinker but do enjoy the occasional glass of wine. Many times over the last 5 and half months I have thought about having a "planned" drink, but just can't seem to bring myself to flush one week of total OP down the drain for the enjoyment of a couple of drinks....oh well it will still be there when I meet my goal.

Have fun with your friends you can be the designated driver (and tell all the stories the next day ;)

Hopeful in Canada
06-22-2012, 05:54 PM
ok, so i'm in my 4th day of phase 3 and it's going ok. Don't get me wrong-- i LOVE the breakfasts and love eating my grains, fruit, and dairy again. However, i'm having a bit of love/hate feelings toward food. I feel like i've become SO obsessed with it. I'm having such a tough time because no one understands where i'm coming from, except for you guys, i think. I talk to my husband about it all the time, but i know he's tuning me out 90% of the time. He really just DOESN'T get it. He's barely 150 pounds , standing 6'1. He carb loads all day long just to keep the little amount of weight on him (he's a stick!). So when i'm blabbering about carbs, calories, and fat....what i had and what i wish i could have... it goes in one ear and right out the other for him. :( Anyway, back to the reason for my post....

Phase 3 is great.... i know how that it's probably THE most important of them all... but i'm getting nervous. I'm so obsessive and so scared of food now, that i don't even know how to explain the UN ease i feel having them back. i LOVE the tastes and crunch and creaminess of it all... but i hate it because i know what those foods are capable of. I NEVER want to be the person i was before i started IP.. I'm petrified of that person, and never want to see her again.

Ever since i entered phase 3--- i crash, hard. Soon after breakfast, i feel like i HAVE to have a second cup of coffee to make it through the day (i don't), but i feel like i need to nap when my son does. I've been kind of depressed lately (TOM was a week an a half ago, so its not that). I can't explain it, I'm just----- down and bluesy for no reason.... MY SKIN - i'm breaking out so bad... this coming from someone with pretty good skin.. i never even broke out during puberty. I feel like i get 2 new pimples over night. i'm trying to clear them up, but my skin is all of a sudden so oily and gross looking. Here's to hoping it clears up soon! One more for my "con list" is ... I feel like I'm beginning to entertain the idea of excusing things that aren't ok...such as, "well since you are REintroducing foods, maybe you can add a little this and a little that here and there" (even later in the day) which is NOT good. I was so militant with this in phase one. i have to keep that up for this to work.
The GOOD things are -- First and foremost, obviously the food. Secondly, I've been using the bathroom every day since I started phase 3, which is a great change up. i used to only go once or twice a week on phase one. Third, i've lost 3 oz-- i'll take ANY loss with having carbs, fat, and calories of this nature.
Anyway.. I felt comfy in phase one.. i felt SAFE in phase one.. i just need to keep practicing control, because...it's hard when you can have it but you have to STOP. severe moderation is what i'm going to have to keep practicing... sorry for the rant/long post. just a tough time lately. :hug:

I know exactly how you feel. I started Phase 3 on Sunday and was feeling depressed, scared and really tired until 2:00 am on Thursday morning. I woke up to make my normal bathroom run and couldn't go back to sleep...had way too much energy. I am feeling pretty good about this phase and hope that you will soon as well. I am still losing which I find weird but I am Ok with it. My face broke out as well, but seems to be clearing now.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone....we will get through it together.
Cindy

newmom7611
06-22-2012, 06:08 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I started Phase 3 on Sunday and was feeling depressed, scared and really tired until 2:00 am on Thursday morning. I woke up to make my normal bathroom run and couldn't go back to sleep...had way too much energy. I am feeling pretty good about this phase and hope that you will soon as well. I am still losing which I find weird but I am Ok with it. My face broke out as well, but seems to be clearing now.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone....we will get through it together.
Cindy

Thank you so much for your response. I hope I continue to lose and hope that all my other cons clear up like yours did. I'm mostly worried who is gonna take over in maitenance -- the new me or the old me. The old me was around for 24 years and I'm hoping that the new me is strong enough to stick around just as long and longer. Again, thanks for the support

Kikie
06-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Good evening!

Just saying hi, checking out what's going on today. I just made something simple but surprisingly good: cooked ground meat (I used chicken) with some chopped green pepper and green onion, until veggies are tender but still crispy, add enough medium salsa to coat (I don't know if some salsas have sugar, tostitos brand doesn't have any) and then mix in some spices that I had on hand (ground cumin and coriander, mrs dash extra spicy mix) heat up a minute or so, and it's became a new favourite of mine. Too bad I can only have it twice a week because of the salsa!

Have a great OP day everyone!

BLUEJEWEL
06-22-2012, 06:58 PM
so I am on day 5 today and have been 100% OP, so proud of me. It has been much easier than I thought, and what I am finding is each day I am a bit less obsessive about food, which is good. Drinking tons of iced coffee and lots and lots of water.I feel better already it is amazing. I try not to think about how long it will take to get to goal, but just am happy I am where I am.
I think when I start to get bored I will start trying new things, but eating lettuce and this many vegetables is new. I have a fantastic lemon tree and I think that with cracked black pepper can make anything yummy!
You all post alot and I wish I had time to read it all, but maybe late tonight.
Have a great weekend!

Chloe222
06-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi Eve,
Can't wait to try this!

Wow, I thought I was having a bad day...I am proud of you for remaining OP. You totally have this program licked and your weight issues for life as you can handle that and stay OP. Good for you!!

omg...the strength all of you share is wonderful! Thank you. On day six...I think I'm cheating myself by not having the last cup of veggies at dinner but don't feel hungry for it until the next a.m. ;) But all day at work yesterday sat not 1 but 2 boxes of doughnuts and I ate zero :carrot:, Great job staying OP!!

Excellent!!! :carrot:

I'll get out at least twice this weekend......Just not sure where we're going to drag it yet. :)
My hubby is racing our J80 this weekend. I'll be cheering him on.

Thanks vet, kind of made me tear up a little bit...in a good way of course! :hug:
Gorgeous photos!!

yay!! They are back, your post was the one I was really looking for and am so glad they are safe and happy, back with mama!!

FANTASTIC DAY!!! TOM weigh in so I wasn't expecting much. -2.8 pounds!!! I was shocked. I also delivered a speech, passed a mid-term with an A and turned in a 5 page paper! WHEW!!! I am going to relax, garage sale and play with the kids this weekend. Happy Weekend everyone!

That was a quite a week!! Good going!

I am back on IP. Took off for a month because I was traveling, away at classes, and a variety of other business. I started off trying to stay on IP during it all, but ultimately I was too stressed and getting too hungry when I was traveling. So I just ate low carb.

I put on 2 pounds and no inches (I'm guessing what I put on was water weight), and it was gone after my first day back on IP. Now I've been on for a week and so far that 2 pounds (no inches) is the only thing to go. I haven't been sleeping well since I've been back on, I am constantly hungry, and I don't like the food as much.

I know this diet is effective and I really want to stick with it. Can't seem to stop feeling depressed about it though.
Just hang in there, it will get better very, very soon and you'll be soooo glad you stayed with IP. The time will pass quickly, you will start looking marvelous, you will be happy. Hang in there!!!

cscape
06-22-2012, 07:18 PM

You're gonna do great as a coach! :)
Thanks, this is why I always say never compare yourself to anyone when it comes to YOUR journey. We all lose differently, its YOUR journey. You are doing great and your average is right on target if you ask me. You are on the right track:hug:[/QUOTE]

Your journey is an inspiration to me..thanks for staying on this chat. Your will be a great coach! I just finished my 1st wk..and am concerned that the weight won't come off fast enough. Will continue with 1 day, 1 meal at a time.

usmcvet
06-22-2012, 07:27 PM

Kaypix you are beautiful. You are doing great.

Good advice.

@ Kaypix, those picture are nice but the one in the wedding dress is absolutely beautiful. It looks like a picture for a wedding magazine. (sorry I didn't attach the original message but I can't seem to figure out how to do that or post a picture of myself.)

Finally victory on the scale again yesterday I lost 5.5 lbs. Now only 6 lbs. to go before I reach my first 40 lbs. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Forty pounds is awesome.

Try club soda and lime - change of pace and it looks like you are having a drink so people won't give you grief. I actually really like this when I go out!

Or just water.

You can do it.

I hate drunks. :mad:

Kikie
06-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Something that just came back to me while reading the thread and seeing the word "omelet": when I went for my WI on tuesday, I only lost 2 pounds. I thought it'd be more because there was a big difference in the way my pants fit. My coach asked me what I ate and when I mentioned a veggie omelet, she told me again that I can't have omelets/fried eggs/scrambled eggs. Only hard-boiled. I really don't get it! She says any other way of cooking egg yolks is fat that goes directly in our system and it slows down our loss. Yet, I have mentioned this before on the board and people said they never heard about that and that the way of cooking a yolk should not affect its nutritional content. I am trying a completely yolk-free week, if that really is what set me back, but I'm confused!

Thorfinn
06-22-2012, 07:32 PM
I hate drunks. :mad:

I'm sure you deal with a lot more of them than I do :D

Longhorn Energy
06-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Something that just came back to me while reading the thread and seeing the word "omelet": when I went for my WI on tuesday, I only lost 2 pounds. I thought it'd be more because there was a big difference in the way my pants fit. My coach asked me what I ate and when I mentioned a veggie omelet, she told me again that I can't have omelets/fried eggs/scrambled eggs. Only hard-boiled. I really don't get it! She says any other way of cooking egg yolks is fat that goes directly in our system and it slows down our loss. Yet, I have mentioned this before on the board and people said they never heard about that and that the way of cooking a yolk should not affect its nutritional content. I am trying a completely yolk-free week, if that really is what set me back, but I'm confused!

How does she think you get a hard boiled egg??? Uhmmm, its cooked too!

She is wrong, wrong, wrong...So either she doesnt know what shes talking about, or...you are misunderstanding what she is saying, or its another issue, like you are having the omelet off plan???

Eggs are listed on our sheet as a protein choice...you can cook them any way you want...

Its funny, I havent been around here a long time but have sure heard a lot of stories like this about coaches...you have a responsibility to yourself to stand up to the stupidity and question your coach on nonsense statements like this...I would have never left the clinic without clearing this up...Have her show you some documentation, and have her explain how hard boiled eggs cook lol

usmcvet
06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm sure you deal with a lot more of them than I do :D

Occupational hazard. :dizzy:

Darralyn
06-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Oh I am so glad you got them back! That is a happy ending! :)

I am sorry you are feeling bad. Phase one does feel really safe and I am afraid I will feel afraid as well. Thanks for sharing your feelings hope it helps. :hug:

Sorry you are feeling bad also; it doesn't sound like you messed up too bad while you were off protocol. Just sorry it sucks for you to be back on it. :(

so I am on day 5 today and have been 100% OP, so proud of me. It has been much easier than I thought, and what I am finding is each day I am a bit less obsessive about food, which is good. Drinking tons of iced coffee and lots and lots of water.I feel better already it is amazing. I try not to think about how long it will take to get to goal, but just am happy I am where I am.
I think when I start to get bored I will start trying new things, but eating lettuce and this many vegetables is new. I have a fantastic lemon tree and I think that with cracked black pepper can make anything yummy!
You all post alot and I wish I had time to read it all, but maybe late tonight.
Have a great weekend!
It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job!! Keep it up! :carrot::carrot:

Kikie
06-22-2012, 08:11 PM

She is wrong, wrong, wrong...So either she doesnt know what shes talking about, or...you are misunderstanding what she is saying, or its another issue, like you are having the omelet off plan???

Eggs are listed on our sheet as a protein choice...you can cook them any way you want...

Its funny, I havent been around here a long time but have sure heard a lot of stories like this about coaches...you have a responsibility to yourself to stand up to the stupidity and question your coach on nonsense statements like this...I would have never left the clinic without clearing this up...Have her show you some documentation, and have her explain how hard boiled eggs cook lol

Ehhh, no, I did not have my omelet off plan. It was a 2-egg omelet with a tiny bit (1-2oz) of chicken breast to bump up the protein value, some zucchini/green peppers/green onions/garlic and spices. I ate it as my dinner. I tried to find something about that on Google but I couldn't. I'm still going to try a yolk-free week or two, if I don't see any difference I won't bother and I'll have my omelets. Could it have something to do with the fact that the yolk doesn't "spill" or see air during the cooking process of hard-boiled eggs? Random wild theory :dizzy: She is very knowledgeable, I don't know where she pulled that one from.

Edit: I think I know what's going on, after a little research and some Google luck. First of all, I am French so some words are not the same. In Quebec, the same word is usually used for "hard-boiled" and "soft-boiled", leading to a HUGE confusion on my part. So really, what I think she wants me to have is uncooked yolk. Not even hard-boiled. Ugh, that totally turns me off lol. Still, I didn't know that cooked yolk was direct fat or whatever it may be. Does it make sense?

NewPath
06-22-2012, 08:13 PM
I have been eating around 5 or 6 Cheesy Omelets a week. They are just so easy to make ahead of time, and throw on your vegetables and salad for lunch. I feel like my weight loss is slowing.......could this be a reason? If I remember right, they have more carbs than other protein packets.
Also, since being home for the summer, my ketones hardly register at all......I am freaking out a little.

usmcvet
06-22-2012, 08:14 PM

Just don't cook it in butter. Or bacon grease.:dizzy:

Longhorn Energy
06-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Ehhh, no, I did not have my omelet off plan. It was a 2-egg omelet with a tiny bit (1-2oz) of chicken breast to bump up the protein value, some zucchini/green peppers/green onions/garlic and spices. I ate it as my dinner. I tried to find something about that on Google but I couldn't. I'm still going to try a yolk-free week or two, if I don't see any difference I won't bother and I'll have my omelets. Could it have something to do with the fact that the yolk doesn't "spill" or see air during the cooking process of hard-boiled eggs? Random wild theory :dizzy: She is very knowledgeable, I don't know where she pulled that one from.

You ate it exactly as in the plan then, so she is just wrong, no two ways about it...What you did, you could do each and every night and be considered 100% OP...

Here is something copied from the Livestrong site, but a simple Google search will give you hundreds of documents saying essentially the same thing...It does not matter HOW you cook an egg, the nutritional values do not change. The ONLY difference comes from what you add to cook it, example if you put a spoonfull of butter in the pan, that would of course affect it.

Here is what I copied for you:

Photo Credit cooked egg image by AGphotographer from Fotolia.com Eggs contain certain amounts of constituent nutrients, which remain virtually the same regardless of how you cook them. Whether boiled, poached or scrambled without added ingredients, eggs have essentially the same nutritional value. Keep in mind, however, that adding ingredients to eggs during preparation or frying them in fat affects the nutrient profile of the final dish.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424320-is-the-nutritional-value-of-eggs-different-depending-on-which-way-you-cook-them/#ixzz1yZDlm42H

Longhorn Energy
06-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I have been eating around 5 or 6 Cheesy Omelets a week. They are just so easy to make ahead of time, and throw on your vegetables and salad for lunch. I feel like my weight loss is slowing.......could this be a reason? If I remember right, they have more carbs than other protein packets.
Also, since being home for the summer, my ketones hardly register at all......I am freaking out a little.

No, this is not an issue...The Herb and Cheese Omelet have the same carbs as the crispy cereal...Neither are restricted, so it has nothing to do with eggs...

usmcvet
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM

I have the herb and cheese omelet almost every day and have since week two when I placed my own order. It helps me get my veggies in. Close to two cups most mornings. Mushrooms and green peppers. I've lost 93 pounds in twelve weeks.

Longhorn Energy
06-22-2012, 08:34 PM
I have the herb and cheese omelet almost every day and have since week two when I placed my own order. It helps me get my veggies in. Close to two cups most mornings. Mushrooms and green peppers. I've lost 93 pounds in twelve weeks.

Same here...Started end of April, and with the exception of 2 mornings, I have had it every single day...1 cup of mushrooms and 1 cup of spinach then I dont have to worry about veggies at lunch.

I havent lost 93 pounds though lol...Might have to try it with the green peppers, that sounds good too!

Kikie
06-22-2012, 08:40 PM
I found something about the egg debate.

http://undergroundhealthreporter.com/cholesterol-oxidation#axzz1yZHPDhDr

Essentially, cooking a yolk while it comes in contact with air creates oxidized cholesterol. While our blood vessels don't have receptors for cholesterol (a natural mechanism to stop our bodies from collecting too much cholesterol) they DO have receptors for oxidized cholesterol. So, while unoxidized cholesterol goes mainly to be excreted right away, oxidized cholesterol stays in the body, clogging up arteries and adding weight.

Worst way to eat eggs: scrambled and omelet. Best ways: raw, soft or hard-boiled, sunny side up.

If this is true, I just learned something huge!

P.S. My coach said this does NOT apply to IP cheese/plain omelet. They are designed to avoid this issue.

cscape
06-22-2012, 08:41 PM
So..this was WI #1 and I lost 6lb. I was a little disappointed because when I weighed myself after awakening I was down 7.5lb (using my scale both on start date and today's). I had the Peach mango drink and a couple of glasses of water. ..skipped the coffee. Two hours later , at the center there was only a 6 lb loss. I know I should be happy with the 6 lb, but I really thought that by being 100%OP, I would get great results.
I am not quitting...I've got myself geared up to see this thru, thanks to all of your posts and success stories.

Also wondering if others had constipation issues in Phase 1 and what was helpful? I used to take probiotics, but my coach said there were too many carbs in them to continue

Ques # 2..I am having trouble keeping track of the topics and responses in this chat. I'm only on my PC an hr or so a day..how do I follow-up on what I may have asked?

cscape
06-22-2012, 08:44 PM

Essentially, cooking a yolk while it comes in contact with air creates oxidized cholesterol. While our blood vessels don't have receptors for cholesterol (a natural mechanism to stop our bodies from collecting too much cholesterol) they DO have receptors for oxidized cholesterol. So, while unoxidized cholesterol goes mainly to be excreted right away, oxidized cholesterol stays in the body, clogging up arteries and adding weight.

Worst way to eat eggs: Scrambled. Best ways: raw, soft or hard-boiled, sunny side up.

Very, very interesting. So glad you researched this further

Longhorn Energy
06-22-2012, 08:51 PM

Worst way to eat eggs: scrambled and omelet. Best ways: raw, soft or hard-boiled, sunny side up.

P.S. My coach said this does NOT apply to IP cheese/plain omelet. They are designed to avoid this issue.

Oh ya...the 'Underground Health Reporter'...very highly respected site and information...The nutrionists and scientists at Livestrong and the medical field in general always double check their data there...

;)Yes...I am trying to be funny...seriously, if you think eggs are an issue, dont eat them...You can find any data you want supporting anything you want on the internet...Its what you trust that matters...

Kikie
06-22-2012, 09:00 PM
I know, I'm not taking their words for gold or anything (hence, the IF in my last sentence :)). I'm just saying that's what I found on the subject. It makes sense, but other sites say the opposite and their arguments make sense too. It would be worth some more research eventually. Either way I'm just going to avoid yolks altogether it'll cut the confusion.

These 2 from Livestrong talk about oxidized cholesterol. One says that it accelerates the deposition of cholesterol in arterial beds, the other mentions it as a risk factor in the metabolic syndrome. Either way, it looks bad for the heart... like I said it would be worth researching into it eventually, I'm a naturally curious person :)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/57065-oxidized-ldl/
http://www.livestrong.com/article/285084-metabolic-syndrome-oxidized-cholesterol/

One more link, I find this subject really interesting. It explains what oxidized LDL (bad cholesterol) is. Not so much to do with weight loss anymore, but good to keep in mind. It's from a site that is reviewd by medical experts. My own medical knowledge tells me it makes at least some sense. Enjoy! http://cholesterol.about.com/od/lipoproteins/f/oxidizedldl.htm

Longhorn Energy
06-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I know, I'm not taking their words for gold or anything (hence, the IF in my last sentence :)). I'm just saying that's what I found on the subject. It makes sense, but other sites say the opposite and their arguments make sense too. It would be worth some more research eventually. Either way I'm just going to avoid yolks altogether it'll cut the confusion.

These 2 from Livestrong talk about oxidized cholesterol. One says that it accelerates the deposition of cholesterol in arterial beds, the other mentions it as a risk factor in the metabolic syndrome. Either way, it looks bad for the heart... like I said it would be worth researching into it eventually, I'm a naturally curious person :)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/57065-oxidized-ldl/
http://www.livestrong.com/article/285084-metabolic-syndrome-oxidized-cholesterol/

See this is why I keep arguing with people here hahahaha...

Go back to your original question, before you went on this wild, unrelated tangent...

YOU stated, that your coach says that egss cooked any other way than hard boiled converted to fat more than with hard boiled...that is the debate...

There should be ZERO arguement that based on cooking, there is NO nutritional difference...

Now, there is some difference, and the debate goes both ways regarding oxidized cholesterol, but your question was regarding whether or not an omelet would be slowing your losses....Unequivocally the answer is NO the omelet did not slow your losses...

Now...regarding oxidized cholesterol...that debate goes both ways, but the only one that seems in agreement is in the production of powdered eggs due to the pressure of the extraction machinery used to produce powdered eggs...

So, to answer your ORIGINAL question, you ate the omelet on plan, as indicated by our phase 1 sheet, there is no difference in fat or caloric content of an egg based on how you cook it....

And I dont want to start an argument with you lol so I will leave it at that...

Oh, and your coach is still wrong haha...

Kikie
06-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Hum, this is not at all about arguing or not... :(

I'm sorry if you're taking it the wrong way that is not my intention. I don't think it has slowed down my loss either, it makes no sense, at least not by more than a few grams. I doubt there would be enough oxidized LDL in my arteries to keep me back 1-2 pounds in a week. That makes her wrong on that point. However when you dig deeper, you go beyond the weight issues and that's when it gets interesting (for me, what can I do, I'm a nurse so I like that stuff, and I saw some people getting involved). I REALLY wanted to clear that up. If I'm posting different links, it is to perhaps open a door that has never been opened for many people. It does seem to be bad for cardiovascular health, and as far as I know we are ALL here to improve our health on some level. Anyone is free to make their choices after.

NewPath
06-22-2012, 09:34 PM

YOU ROCK USMCVET!!!!!!! That is just AMAZING!!!!

Beanie Mommy
06-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Here's another update on the cats - thanks for all of you who understand how important this is to me. If they are YOUR pets they are family!

Lincoln (9) actually sat in my lap for the first time in 2 years again and we snuggled like we used to. Chloe (6) has finally emerged from the basement and is exploring the house now. It feels like they are getting back to being themselves pretty quickly, and that is very encouraging! They were actually at the shelter for almost a month, and I am so grateful that the wonderful people there kept them together in a "duplex". They were really happy to see them go home to their mommy, and they gave me a "2 for 1" deal on the adoption fee as well as a ton of food and toys. Will save up some money to make a decent donation - right now I'm a bit overwhelmed with vet fees for a tooth extraction for little Chloe, poor baby. Scheduled for three weeks from now to give her a chance to readjust to her new home first.

My 2 year old daughter is thrilled to have the cats back! Maybe a little more excited than the cats... But she is very gentle and respectful of them, so I dont think we will have any problems. She knows them from her father's house, and they will get used to having her around ( a bit louder than mommy) soon.

We celebrated our reunion with some rotisserie chicken, just breast, no skin for me, leg for little one. None for the kitties because they were hiding. Easy cooking as recommended by coach :)

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Kaypix, you are absolutely gorgeous!!! Who wouldn't want to look like that?

patns
06-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Oh ya...the 'Underground Health Reporter'...very highly respected site and information...The nutrionists and scientists at Livestrong and the medical field in general always double check their data there...

;)Yes...I am trying to be funny...seriously, if you think eggs are an issue, dont eat them...You can find any data you want supporting anything you want on the internet...Its what you trust that matters...

Plus wouldn't it be far more risky to eat a raw egg than a cooked one.? That sounds risky to me.

crash302
06-22-2012, 10:29 PM
you can just use egg whites in a carton if you are worried about the yolks. I am limited to the amount of eggs a week.

darcrista
06-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Hum, this is not at all about arguing or not... :(

I'm sorry if you're taking it the wrong way that is not my intention. I don't think it has slowed down my loss either, it makes no sense, at least not by more than a few grams. I doubt there would be enough oxidized LDL in my arteries to keep me back 1-2 pounds in a week. That makes her wrong on that point. However when you dig deeper, you go beyond the weight issues and that's when it gets interesting (for me, what can I do, I'm a nurse so I like that stuff, and I saw some people getting involved). I REALLY wanted to clear that up. If I'm posting different links, it is to perhaps open a door that has never been opened for many people. It does seem to be bad for cardiovascular health, and as far as I know we are ALL here to improve our health on some level. Anyone is free to make their choices after.

KIKI- Could it be that you are not getting enough protein from the omelet? You mentioned eating 2 eggs. On this plan you should be eating 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites. Otherwise you are not getting enough protein. I am a veg and was not getting enough protein... definitely felt a difference.

darcrista
06-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Also, agree that your coach is wrong with a capital W. Why are so many coaches so misinformed? With the money we pay them they could probably earn their doctorate in IP. ;-)

usmcvet
06-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Same here...Started end of April, and with the exception of 2 mornings, I have had it every single day...1 cup of mushrooms and 1 cup of spinach then I dont have to worry about veggies at lunch.

I havent lost 93 pounds though lol...Might have to try it with the green peppers, that sounds good too!

I add raw chopped onions a few times a week too.

So..this was WI #1 and I lost 6lb. I was a little disappointed because when I weighed myself after awakening I was down 7.5lb (using my scale both on start date and today's). I had the Peach mango drink and a couple of glasses of water. ..skipped the coffee. Two hours later , at the center there was only a 6 lb loss. I know I should be happy with the 6 lb, but I really thought that by being 100%OP, I would get great results.
I am not quitting...I've got myself geared up to see this thru, thanks to all of your posts and success stories.

Also wondering if others had constipation issues in Phase 1 and what was helpful? I used to take probiotics, but my coach said there were too many carbs in them to continue

Ques # 2..I am having trouble keeping track of the topics and responses in this chat. I'm only on my PC an hr or so a day..how do I follow-up on what I may have asked?

Have you gone to you preferences in your CP and changed the default setting so you are automatically subscribed to every thread you post in?

YOU ROCK USMCVET!!!!!!! That is just AMAZING!!!!

Thanks. Still kinda bummed at my lowest loss this week. I stopped using a daily ournal. I need to start again.

BLUEJEWEL
06-23-2012, 12:00 AM
wow interesting stuff and usmcvet, what lovely photos of you! I live in San Diego, very pretty city! Your loss is amazing, WOW, keep up the great work. Very inspiring!
i have a question. Yesterday I did not have time to eat dinner so when I came home I made 2 cups of vegetables and 4 oz protien, I ate it but needed to get to sleep so with in 15 minutes then I drank my shake. Could I have just gone to bed or is it better to eat all the food?

LizRR
06-23-2012, 12:10 AM
wow interesting stuff and usmcvet, what lovely photos of you! I live in San Diego, very pretty city! Your loss is amazing, WOW, keep up the great work. Very inspiring!
i have a question. Yesterday I did not have time to eat dinner so when I came home I made 2 cups of vegetables and 4 oz protien, I ate it but needed to get to sleep so with in 15 minutes then I drank my shake. Could I have just gone to bed or is it better to eat all the food?

It's best to eat your food. And did you mean 8oz of protein? My sheet says 5-8oz, but an updated one apparently has it set to 8oz protein total (i always had 8oz anyways). Either way, 4oz seems pretty low, but if it left room for a shake, then better than 0oz! Personally I found it hard to stuff down my 2 cups at both lunch & dinner so I split it up also between breakfast & snack sometimes.

usmcvet
06-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Liz she may be splitting her Protien up in two meals. Err I never have trouble eating my eight ounces.

NSV. I found two old but brand new bathing suits I bought three years ago for a trip to St. Lucia! I could never wear them they were too tight. I've been wearing one the past three days so I brought back a suit I bought last week and exchanged it for a smaller size. It will not fit for a while but when it does Walmart in my area will not have any suits for sale. So it was fun to plan ahead to August or September when I will need it!

I go to the pool weekly all year round with my kids. I went twice yesterday!

wuv2bloved
06-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Your journey is an inspiration to me..thanks for staying on this chat. Your will be a great coach! I just finished my 1st wk..and am concerned that the weight won't come off fast enough. Will continue with 1 day, 1 meal at a time.[/QUOTE]
It will come off, probably not as fast as you would like it too but it will. Remember you didn't gain the weight over night so it sure in the world won't come off over night. Hang tight and you will get there!!.
You ate it exactly as in the plan then, so she is just wrong, no two ways about it...What you did, you could do each and every night and be considered 100% OP...

Here is something copied from the Livestrong site, but a simple Google search will give you hundreds of documents saying essentially the same thing...It does not matter HOW you cook an egg, the nutritional values do not change. The ONLY difference comes from what you add to cook it, example if you put a spoonfull of butter in the pan, that would of course affect it.

Here is what I copied for you:

Photo Credit cooked egg image by AGphotographer from Fotolia.com Eggs contain certain amounts of constituent nutrients, which remain virtually the same regardless of how you cook them. Whether boiled, poached or scrambled without added ingredients, eggs have essentially the same nutritional value. Keep in mind, however, that adding ingredients to eggs during preparation or frying them in fat affects the nutrient profile of the final dish.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/424320-is-the-nutritional-value-of-eggs-different-depending-on-which-way-you-cook-them/#ixzz1yZDlm42H
An egg is an egg.....that is all I am going to say....hahaha

ok first things first, have you BUMPED your head being disappointed in a 6lb loss????....when you FIRST weighed at home this morning that was STRAIGHT outta bed (assuming) THEN you drank a mango drink AND water....once you are up for a while your body "wakes up" and starts to fill in so that is why you didn't have a 7.5 loss. If you are going to get disappointed like that I suggest you stay OFF of your home scale.

Best to get all of your food in, you did the right thing :)

LizRR
06-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Miracle Noodle lovers, there is a google offer going on for $26 for 24 bags (8 angel hair, 8 fettuccine, 8 rice) plus flat $10 shipping (you can order up to 4 offers). Stock up, they have a 6 month shelf life!

Www.Google.com/offers

Kaypix
06-23-2012, 01:31 AM
First, a HUGE GINORMOUS HUMUNGUS THANK YOU to all who said my pictures were nice. They are some of my favorite ones since I rarely wear makeup or let my hair down, literally lol! I loved how my face looked in my bridal shower photo, and I really feel that my personality shows on my reception photo. Very curious kitty like (always getting into trouble, but never in a BAD way), and must look around the corner. What you DON'T see in the picture is that I wasn't allowed to see Kris (DH) getting his hawt tux put on. He was a hottie that night too I'll tell ya! I want to look like that again because that was one of the high points of my life, both physically and emotionally.

Here's another update on the cats - thanks for all of you who understand how important this is to me. If they are YOUR pets they are family!

Lincoln (9) actually sat in my lap for the first time in 2 years again and we snuggled like we used to. Chloe (6) has finally emerged from the basement and is exploring the house now. It feels like they are getting back to being themselves pretty quickly, and that is very encouraging! They were actually at the shelter for almost a month, and I am so grateful that the wonderful people there kept them together in a "duplex". They were really happy to see them go home to their mommy, and they gave me a "2 for 1" deal on the adoption fee as well as a ton of food and toys. Will save up some money to make a decent donation - right now I'm a bit overwhelmed with vet fees for a tooth extraction for little Chloe, poor baby. Scheduled for three weeks from now to give her a chance to readjust to her new home first.

My 2 year old daughter is thrilled to have the cats back! Maybe a little more excited than the cats... But she is very gentle and respectful of them, so I dont think we will have any problems. She knows them from her father's house, and they will get used to having her around ( a bit louder than mommy) soon.

We celebrated our reunion with some rotisserie chicken, just breast, no skin for me, leg for little one. None for the kitties because they were hiding. Easy cooking as recommended by coach :)

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Kaypix, you are absolutely gorgeous!!! Who wouldn't want to look like that?
Beannie: SO glad the kitties got to come home! I bet they stayed together and at the shelter so long since they were a 2:1 kind of deal you know? It's amazing how good of memories they can have, cherish them always :) Your daughter will grow up and love them, I had one cat as a kid, Muffin, we got her when I was 4, so was she, and we had her until we were both 18.

I'm off to bed, bike is almost finished, but Sweden schtucked us on the master cylinders again, here's praying they come tomorrow. Night all!