Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 12:39 PM   #1  

Default Sugar Busters! Question

My family and I are following Sugar Busters! and I am confused on allowable sweeteners. According to the interviews of the authors, fructose is okay but its crystalline form is not. Anyone know why? Also, does anyone know if date sugar or brown rice syrup is acceptable?

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:33 PM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

TRUDY,

Just found your post and hope you see this response...

There's a board right here on the 3FC'S site dedicated to SUGAR BUSTERS. We just spoke about brown rice syrup on the board today. Fructose is generally made from corn, a no-no on SB. Most of the people on our board use agave syrup as a sweetener, but mostly for baking/cooking. Otherwise it's usually Splenda (which I hate), S&L or Stevia (which I love).

Please come join us at any time! Here's our link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...?s=&forumid=85
Old 04-04-2003, 11:33 AM   #3  

Thanks so much for the info! I have tried Stevia and I agree it's good. Splenda is all right as long as you don't cook or bake with it - then it turns vile!

Where can you get Agave? I assume a health food store.

Thanks again!

Trudy
Old 04-07-2003, 09:55 AM   #4  

You can find agave at health food stores, or online. It can be expensive, but its pretty good.

It is hard to find, I will warn you. I find it at Whole Foods.
Closed Thread