Old 06-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Blue Team 2012 Spring Into Summer CHAT Thread Week 8 (06/18-06/24)

Blue Team Total Lost: 7.1 lbs. as a team or 0.40%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: Bigmid (-2.2 lbs., -1.16%)

Honorable Mentions:

qtapostolic (-2.2 lbs., -1.14%)
retiredone (-1.5 lbs., -0.93%)
ak812 (-1.2 lbs., -0.67%)

Congratulations to all the losers this week ! You are all doing so well !

Unfortunately we lost 6 more members this week so are down to 9 left. We are small but mighty and we can do this !
Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Howdy Bluesers !

Well, last week turned into another pretty challenging week overall. Saw my Dad at the beginning of the week to let him know we were moving. He took it really well but that man can push my buttons like none other. Consequently I made some pretty bad food choices while I was up there and it showed in the scale for the rest of the week. I managed to get it back under control by the end of the week but now something has gone horribly wrong with the plumbing in our house... am waiting for the plumber to come and assess what's going on.

Hope everyone has a great week 8 !
Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #3  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Congratulations to our BL, Bigmid and to the other two Honorables Kelly and ak812.

Too bad we've lost so many team members but we have a good core group that seems determined to go to the end of this challenge. I find summer is always a hard time for people to commit to schedules, but I thrive on schedules. I taught for over 30 years and my life was ruled by the schedule. LOL

Leslie
, I hope you have a much better week than last. I've got buttons that can be pushed too: "eat" "eat more" "don't stop eating" Hope you get the plumbing under control.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #4  

Retiredone -- I couldn't agree more about schedules, without schedules I am almost useless. I'm a very regimental person and the older and more forgetful I am the more important my schedules and routines are to me. That said, when I am good, I am very very good and when I'm out of control ... well it ain't pretty. (Sorry Teach) LOL

LeslieB -- what is the verdict on the plumbing? I hope it was better than you were expecting.

I posted yesterday morning and don't know what happen but it didn't apparently take so here I go again.

I spent most of the weekend changing the garage around; we had a problem with the outlet my freezer was plugged into tripping a breaker so we needed to rearrange the garage so we could relocate it. I was hoping to have it finished last weekend but it looks like it will be dragging on for one more week. Part of my rearranging was to finally get my weight bench setup but I've decided to move it into my workout room and move my stationary bike into the living room. So the garage project has expanded to the entire house. The weight bench & squat rack is just eating up to much room in the garage and like I told DH. He will just have to put up with me when I want to work out to one of my videos. Actually I have a portable TV/DVD player combo that he used in his truck when he drove over the road, I will probably just relocate that out to the garage when I want to do a video rather than making him give up the living room. He can get pretty territorial when he wants to watch NASCAR, Hunting, Drag Racing, the History Channel, etc, etc, etc.

So how do I log moving furniture, freezers and weights around the house? I’m so sore today but I keep telling myself that it was just a really good workout.

Have a good one.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #5  
Isabella

EofAZ, I can well understand when you said
Quote:
"when I'm out of control...well it ain't pretty."
As soon as something throws off my schedule I'm like a fire gone wild. LOL Sounds like you have your exercise equipment all figured out. I have my bike in the living room so I can watch TV. I used to walk 6 or 7 km a day until my foot got too sore to do so. I'm stuck indoors going nowhere on my bike so I have to have something to watch.

Have a good day, Blue Team members!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #6  

Congratulations qtapostolic, retireddone and ak812!!!

Leslie, It's amazing how well some people can push our buttons----takes no effort at all on their part. I hope things are going better now though. Hopefully the plumbing won't be a really expensive job for you.

retireddone, Thanks congrats to you too. Not sure I thrive on schedules but routine is sometimes very helpful. The only schedule I need to follow is a work one, don't do much beyond that. Good and bad that I have no life I guess

EofAZ, that's a big job moving everything around and a very good workout. Hopefully once everything is moved you won't be tripping any more breakers.

Well Sundays (WI day) is usually also then cheat day so I also WI on Monday to see how much catch up I have to do. Monday morning I was super tired but when I hopped on I had lost another .8. So let's hope that holds and then down some more.

Had a great workout on Sunday did a 5 mile walk/run just taking all different paths around my neighborhood. It was a very beautiful afternoon. Then I did 2 separate treadmill workouts yesterday and this morning it felt like I had gained about 5lbs....no way I was going near the scale. Missed my workout today as I ended up at work for 10.5hrs today and then tomorrow will be at leat a 12hr day so don't see a workout happening then either. Better get some good ones on over the weekend to compensate

Well have a great night everyone

Hello to the rest of the blue team
Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #7  
Isabella

I fell bad. I ate a tub of ice cream and not a small one. I just cracked last night and ate the whole tub! That's all...just had to say... I'm eating light today.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #8  

retiredone -- must have been the day, I fell facedown in a jar of peanut butter. I was just in a bad mood and it was the only evil thing in the house. Lucky for me. The scale didn't shift up but it didn't shift down either. Oh well.

Bigmid -- can so relate to the long days. I put in 10.5 yesterday too and today will be between 13 and 14 by the time I get home. Not certain what to have for supper tonight, I will have my two granddaughters there this evening and I don't have anything in the crockpot. I wasn't suppose to have to be so late this evening but all the plans changed after we got to work so I was preparing for an earlier evening. I need to think of something quick and easy and still on plan.

Have a good one.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #9  
Isabella

So much for eating light today. I had French Fries for lunch as I was shopping with my MIL and there wasn't much on the menu for a vegetarian. Then when I came home I had 4 slices of bread & butter and jam....sigh. I wasn't in a bad mood--just hungry.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #10  

retiredone -- Stop That.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #11  
Isabella

EofAZ, I will.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #12  

So as I sit here eating my fibre 1 bar. I was hungry today too, but had to try to be good as I was at a meeting all day yesterday and no control over the food. I did have a mild victory though.....I didn't have a muffin in the morning or a cookie in the afternoon. The bad thing is I did eat so much I felt sick, snacked on fruit and dried fruit and nuts....should have stopped. Not sure how to count the day as far as calories or points. It was soup and sandwiches for lunch....or a yummy bad for me ceased salad

I haven't worked out for 3 days now so really need to get a workout in tomorrow as I really feel like I've gained.

EofAZ - it's never fun when you find out last minute that you have to work late. I hope you figured out something good for supper. Hope you had fun with your granddaughters.

retireddone - I hope that you got your fill and can get back to regular eating. I swear sometimes are bodies are just missing something and we eat whatever it tells us to. Hope you have a good weekend

Well should go to sleep soon. Had to work late then early in the morning, those two shirts are harder and harder for me to do.....ahhhh the aging process

Have a great night everyone
Old 06-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Hi lovely Blue Team! Sorry I've been MIA this week, my schedule changed at work. I used to work 10-6 but now I do 8:30 - 4:30 and I am SO loving it. Just been a bit of a tough week trying to get used to the new routine. Also, the bf's last day of school was yesterday and now he is off (PAID!) for the summer. I'm very jealous. However, I did tell him that he's now responsible for all of the cleaning, shopping, etc. If he's home all day with nothing to do, I'll sure give him something to do!

I've really been good about getting back on the exercise bandwagon. However, I made a mistake walking 80 minutes in my flats the other day and my left foot is really sore now. I've got a bunion on that foot and walking in flats is no good for it. I took the day off from 30DS yesterday and plan to do a complete rest today. If it feels better tomorrow I will get back into 30DS and my regular walking, but NOT in flats!!

Well I've got to go get lunch ready for the kiddos - so happy it's Friday!! Will be back later for some personals, but I hope everyone has a beautiful start to the weekend. =) Finish out the week STRONG, ladies!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #14  

Good morning Blusers. Had a Dr. Aptmt yesterday to check my bloodwork and she was very happy with my weight loss so far. All my numbers were improved, she was actually smiling when she left, made my day. When I first started going to here she was pretty fresh out of school and had a bit of weight to loose and she did a good job of doing it so she has walked the walk and her advise is based on personal experience. Anyway a good start to my weekend.

Well the longer I sit here the less I get done. dH has a mandatory meeting at work today and I am usually more productive when he is out of the house so better take advantage of it, he will only be gone a few hours.

Good luck on your weigh-ins.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #15  

Well another week done it was a pretty good week overall, but with working so much I didn't workout as much as planned. I did get in a long walk on Friday my mom wanted to go to the mall for edo of Japan so I walked there and met her. It was 4.57 miles and took me 65 min to get there. Poured rain about 20 min in so I was soaked. Felt really good though. The yesterday I did 2 different treadmill workouts.

Today I did not work out and now feel bad, also had a weird day where I was starving the whole day....so food choices were not the best and I feel like I put about 3 lbs back on....I really hope not. I usually WI again Mon morning but may skip as I work and then have a work event so don't want to be in a really bad mood all day

Hope you all had a great weekend . Talk to you in the next thread