Old 06-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #31  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Morning everyone

I stepped on the scales now to see my weight at 122kg - 268.9, so I'm calling 269. Finally out of the 270's! Now I just need to make it stick!

Today I have to do some work at home, then I'm off to my new employers (new job next year) to meet people and find out which classes I'm getting. But first I need to find the energy to get out of bed and have breakfast...

Inspired by a friend of mine, I think I'm going to start doing some physical exercise each day. And because it's the most obvious one for me, it's going to be cycling (everyone has a bike where I live, and this place is as flat as a pancake, so it really is the most practical step). I can't really face going out for a run at my size :P So later on today I'm hopping on my bike and going exploring!

Big warm to all who are joining in for the first (ahem) time and all who are also here from the other two threads. We can do this, yeahhhh!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #32  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

Welcome, Ginger!

Congrats on getting out of those pesky 270s, salsa! You go girl Good luck with your meeting today and congrats again on your new job.

Today will be scorcher #3, I can't wait for some cooler weather and a good night's sleep. We defaulted to pizza last night for dinner due to the heat, but I still ended the day at 1204 calories. I'm trying not to fixate on the scale, but I have to admit I've not been very successful. I guess the good news is that I've come to terms with the realization that if I stay OP, EVENTUALLY I'll get there and every day is a step in the right direction. It may be a long time before I hit my goal, but he!!, at least I'm not gaining again!

I hope everyone has a great day and for those who are 3FC lite on the weekends, have a fantastic weekend.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #33  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Yesterday was fairly uneventful. I went to a knitting meeting in the morning then lunch with my parents. I was supposed to exercise but took a nap instead. Bad Penguin!

Today I get to clean house.

Ginger, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Salsa, good job getting on the bike.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #34  

I did 55min of kettlebells today. It felt good to push myself, since this is the hardest workout I've done in a while.

I finished the house cleaning, too.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #35  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

In January I weighed 278 lbs - heaviest ever! I have been a weight yo-yo my whole life. Now I need to get down to a healthy weight and MAINTAIN it... Really glad to have found 3FC & that this thread is here!
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #36  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

GEM ~ glad you found us too; congrats on your re-success so far ...

PATCH ~ kudos to you for all that exercise and getting the house-cleaning done -- they both burn calories.

SUE ~ good for you staying on plan with the pizza; I aim for the same results: I try to fit my favorites into my plan too, and that has helped me a lot.

SALSA ~ congrats on breaking into the 260's; and enjoy your bike rides too.

The weather is beautiful here (the last 2 days); in the 70's F, so DH and I took advantage and got lots of yard work done today. Burned a lot of energy and really enjoyed it too. I know that I will be sore tomorrow, but that will be my rest day this week. Food has been good this week; having burgers & salad for dinner tonight.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP weekend coming up ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-22-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #37  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Default Hi

Gone a few days and I get lost. Glad I found you guys again. I am camping right now so no scale. And I am eating off plan because I am with a group preparing foods. I am just trying to use moderation, make good choices and count calories. Hope it works

I love the name Fat Patty. I am going to adopt it for my evil voice. Makes me laugh and sounds evil.

Welcome all that are new. You will find the nicest ladies here that all have the same story. Glad you joined us. Lsfunky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:27 AM   #38  

Gem - Hello, so glad you're here with us!

Justwant2Bhealthy - Good on you for getting out into the yard; I'm terrible at keeping house. My flat is a perpetual mess!

LoseToAll - Welcome back Preparing foods in a group sounds interesting. How does that work? Do you all sit together and chop veggies? (Because I think that'd be awesome, but then I get a bit lonely living on my own sometimes)

Oh my gosh it's the weekend and it's almost Summer hols! I left to go (by bike) to my meeting yesterday, and not half a minute down the road and the heavens opened and I got drenched. Five minutes later it was sunny again, but I still arrived looking like a drowned rat Then on my way back I took a wrong turn and ended up on the scenic route back home. It wouldn't count as exercise, but it was activity, so I don't mind that much.

Now, I'm going to have some breakfast and finish off some work! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #39  

Ugh, I'm sore today. Somewhere between "I can't move' and "I can move, but I don't want to because it will hurt!" but then again I'm down half a lb, too.

I'm trying to finish getting a bag together for Goodwill, and I need to do some more work in my sewing room. I'm going to try to keep busy so I don't get stiff from not moving. And some cardio.

Salsa, sorry to hear you got drenched then lost!

Losetoall, camping sounds like fun, glad you found us.

Rosebud, great job on the yardwork.

Gem, welcome glad to have you join us.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 06-23-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: forgot to mention loss!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

I just got back from the gym and had an amazing workout!! I'm so fortunate to have a circuit training facility not only in my city but 5 minutes away! I've never seen results in a big box gym. This one is like having your own personal trainer everyday!

I just had a snack of 6 oz greek yogurt and 2 mini oranges.

I'm on top of the world! Sometimes, I hate going to the gym but I never regret it after and feel so amazing!
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEKS View Post
I'm on top of the world! Sometimes, I hate going to the gym but I never regret it after and feel so amazing!
Haha, your enthusiasm is infectious!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #42  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Well, the temps did get up there for a bit today, but we had a breeze for most of the afternoon and a quick splash of too. This has been very common so far this year; and I actually like it. I was reading while waiting for dinner to cook and it really cooled things down for us.

SALSA ~ I agree with REBELLE, that bike ride sounds like exercise to me too; any time you are in motion is exercise in my book ...

ALEKS ~ that is so true about exercise and many other activities we hesitate doing; we always end up enjoying ourselves much more than we expect we will. Glad you did too ....

REBELLE ~ yes, it is best to check in regularly as I have heard others say the reminders don't always show up; don't know why though. I agree that the humidity is worse than the actual temps. We do have an air conditioner/ humidifier that I hope to use if we can find the missing window panel; it got lost somewhere & we can't find it.

PATCH ~ sorry you are sore; that won't last too long, but take that half a lb ...

LSFUNKY ~ hey, you are camping; are they serving bbq? I would just eat the meat and salad/veggies; and go lite on the rest, but you do want to enjoy yourself a wee bit. It's about choices. I think some people don't realize you changed your name from LSFUNKY to LOSETOALL. I still keep referring to you as LSFUNKY too: I liked that name; it was different.

I made chicken & riblets in homemade BBQ sauce for dinner tonight, with a half ear of corn (saved the rest for tomorrow), green & yellow beans, shredded cabbage, with baby carrots & new potatoes. I am so full (but I eat only one plate). This is one of our favorites, so why don't I make this more often -- think I will this summer for sure.

Well, I was so pleasantly pleased that I wasn't too sore today; my back just a little, so I really took it easy and just did laundry (hung on the line), meals, and daily stuff (you know). I really try to take my time and do things that are within my range. I won't be running any marathons any time soon, but I like to think that my body is getting stronger as time goes on too. I just do what I can do ...

Hope you are all having a great OP weekend ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-23-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #43  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Default Back on plan

Aleks I wish that I felt that way about exercise. I just feel hot and sweaty.

All the meal talk with the fresh veggies and gardening make me jealous. I love to eat but hate to cook. I wish I could move in with you guys

I am back from camping and ate like crazy but better choices than I used to make. Back on plan tomorrow.

To answer question about cooking together on camping trip. Each family plans and buys one meal. Then we get together and help make it and clean up. It is a lot o fun and they had plenty of veggies and fruit which was good. My problem is the desert. Rootbeer floats, cookies and chips. I had some but I thought in moderation for me and I counted calories. So I was totally accountable about going over. I have less guilt somehow about going over for some reason. Maybe because I am accountable and I have never been before. Does that sound right? Anyway we were supposed to do a hike and my DH hurt his ankle so I got out of it. I was so glad, I am so out of shape that I was so worried about embarrassing myself. We do this trip every year with my church and next year I am going to be prepared for it next year. I promise it. And you guys are going to help me Thanks for all the support. Lsfunky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

salsa chip: heeh thanks. I don't always feel that way.

justwant2behealthy: I know, right? Why can we never remember that when we don't want to do these things?

LoseToAll: I hate cardio, but I love weights. The nice thing with circuit training is you alternate 30 seconds between a lifting activity and 30 seconds of a cardio activity. Sometimes 30 seconds doing a mountain climber or a burpee IS torture! lol I never like ANY gym until this one...it's efficient and you get a super good workout and results. I really think that makes a difference.

I use to hate sweating too, but it was more of a self conscious this...you know I'm fat and sweaty so people are going to judge me... the thin girls face stays completely dry. But, at the end of it...when you know you've worked so hard it motivates you to keep going and make the right decisions.
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #45  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Whoo-hoo...have stayed on plan since Thursday! Even getting all my water in...under 200 here I come!
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote