PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support - yippee....a period!

View Full Version : yippee....a period!

mountain walker
06-16-2012, 04:56 AM
OK I know it sounds a bit mad.
I have lost around 2 stone ( weigh in tomorrow) and after 12 years of scant, intermittent and just plain wierd periods I have just had 2 normal periods in 6 weeks. Is this exercise, weight loss or coincidence? Please advise!
Gynae put me on progesterone to stimulate one period in Feb could this have kickstarted the process? Was only on it 7 days. As fertility isn't an issue she wanted me to have 2 periods in a year as a minimum. Now I can report at my follow up I have had unassisted periods.
Anybody got any pearls of wisdom?:?:

MrsH2132012
06-16-2012, 03:07 PM
For me no exersice (30 mins 5 days min!) = no cycle

Congrats! Keep up the good work

ChickieChicks
06-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Yea! As a PCOSer I know how awesome that is!

I started getting my period regularly for the first time in my life, after losing the weight and working out steadily.

However, it is being wonky again, and I never thought it could be linked to my exercise, which has definitely been all over the place for a few months. Hmmm...

astrophe
06-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Excercise helps burn off that extra insulin. Weight loss changes your fat composition which affects other hormones. Both help cycles along.

So yay! WTG! :)

A.

Mizzthingaling
06-17-2012, 02:01 AM
I agree with astrophe. Every time I lose weight my period comes back like clock work. I think my sweet spot is 250. If I am under it's on.

PixelatedTimeMachine
06-17-2012, 02:52 PM
I can understand that joy! I had a normal length, normal flow period last month and I was pretty excited about it, haha. Congratulations! =)

veganmuslimah
07-03-2012, 05:01 PM
oh yes I understand I have been waiting on a period that may not come but I dont get much exercise having cfs/me too but I walk and I am trying to be more active, its so hard when so tired but needs must! I cherish a period :)

astrophe
07-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Can I join the PCOS period watch? I'm currently OFF bcp for the last few months so I'm back on the irregular train.

Yippee! Just I got some spotty cervical mucus! Day 64. So period... come on doooownnnn! You can do it! Let's go! :cheer:

A.

asharksrevenge
07-04-2012, 12:13 AM
I just got my regular cycle for the first time in years. I don't even remember the last time I had a normal, or even semi-normal period. It's funny because I just starting eating low-carb and exercising (just two weeks ago) and then BAM!--period. Crazy!

veganmuslimah
07-04-2012, 06:57 AM
looks like exercise is the key to stimulate our ovaries into production lol

chinadoll873
08-02-2012, 03:00 PM
hey peeps. I am 36 years old, never had a predictable period until now. I have a 56 day cycle...I am diagnosed with PCOS..and am on Metformin....any other ladies with this cycle or have been in this situation?

devnet
08-02-2012, 03:54 PM
That's awesome! I'd love to be able to get mine without being on birth control. I've been on it for years, and if I miss more than four pills a month, it immediately goes all crazy on me. You should definitely be happy!

turboturtle80
08-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi! Its been a while since I've been on the boards. I just had a normal af a few weeks ago for the first time in several years. I think the exercise helped.

2phatinvictoria
08-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Hey ladies! this just in I got my first period without help from any meds this morning and it was a 30 day cycle!!! Im so happy i could cry! I just so badly want to be normal.

Hotaruchan
08-03-2012, 09:32 PM
My periods have lined up with the white row in my birth control for 2 months now! They usually come whenever they please and stick around for about 2 weeks, but they've been showing up somewhere within the row and leaving me alone once I start the full-power pills again :D I'm going to go knock on wood until my knuckles bleed now, but this is making me happy.

astrophe
08-06-2012, 11:21 PM
chinadoll873: I got pregnant on 60 day cycles with Metformin. Without the met I was irregular for years even. I conceived on day 53 -- so you are not alone on that one.

A.

TNCindy66
08-16-2012, 10:51 PM
i think it is great that you are now having regular periods....coming from a PCOS that lost her ovaries by 27....i think this is great....way to go...from everything i read...it is the weight loss that triggers the ovaries to regulate....continue the good work.