Metabolic Research Center - Third time is the charm...right?

View Full Version : Third time is the charm...right?

kaylasmommy
06-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Hello all! My name is Constance and I live in Florida. The first time I joined MRC was March of 2009, two months shy of my daughter's 1st birthday. I was 387.8 lbs. Between my join date and Christmas, I managed to lose 115 lbs. I was on a roll...then Dec. 31st, my husband and I unexpectedly conceived our son. I was...devistated. Literally felt like God said, "Oh, you think you're looking hot now huh? You're getting a bit full of yourself girl!" I cried for two weeks, even crying on the shoulders of my consultants at MRC. Then I quit being selfish, and quit feeling sorry for myself, and enjoyed a happy pregnancy.

When my son was born, Sept. 27th, 2010, I gave him literally 7 weeks before I went back to MRC. I was determined to get things back the way they were. I had gained a lot! However, due to the fact that I was experiencing Post Partum Depression, I self-sabotaged my program. I would eat things off program, and then go weigh in and say, "I don't know what happened? I don't know why I am up a pound." Totally unhealthy and entirely too soon. So I left. Gave up entirely. Gained a lot of weight, weighing 360 now.

So I decided enough was enough. I re-enrolled today, and will start pre-conditioning on monday. I'm excited, but nervous. I don't want to set myself up for failure, and I believe that I will reach my goal weight this time. In 10 weeks, I will try to lose 45-50...With your support, love and advice, I know I can do it! Thanks yall!

-Constance

ynapier
06-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Welcome back. There is a LOT of support here. Make sure you join in on the month thread. A lot of information there. These ladies are wonderful and have helped me get where I am today. Good luck on this journey and yes the thrid time will be the charm!

JenB72
06-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Welcome back! I'm sure with a positive attitude like yours, you will do GREAT! :D

rachels77
06-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Welcome! Sounds like you have the right attitude... measure everything, get your water and rest, and most importantly, trust the process and be honest with yourself.

I think alot of this journey is about learning about your body and your mind - what triggers you have and what you need to work on... it's a journey, a lifestyle change and you CAN do it!

kaylasmommy
06-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks so much yall! I really appreciate it!

LolaBunni
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Hey Kaylasmommy! I have confidence that you will meet your goal. You have the right attitude and know whats acceptable on the program. You'll do great!! I will be signing up today, so if you need extra movation i'm here too :) . BTW I'm about 45 mins away from G-ville and frequent the area a lot.

kaylasmommy
06-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Awesome Lola! It would be lovely to meet you sometime! Is this your first time op? I'm really excited for us! Thank you for your kind words :)

LolaBunni
06-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes this is my first time on MRC and for some reason i'm just so excited lol. I have friends that have done it in the past, so I know it works. Its my turn now!

rachels77
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Go, LolaBunni!

My husband lost 115 pounds on the program six years ago... I, like you, knew it worked but never made the financial or time commitment until DH suggested that it was my time... so I took it, ran with it, and now am 76 pounds down!

kaylasmommy
06-22-2012, 01:15 PM
That's awesome rachels! And yes, LolaBunni, it is your time! :)