Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 01:20 PM   #1  

Default Frustrated!!

I have been working my tail off. I have not cheated once since March 5th and have exercised religiously daily since then as well...and after a 7 pound loss, the scale has not budged in over a week. I know that this is a slow process but I want to see something!!!!!

Help!

Peace,
Paula
Old 03-28-2003, 01:27 PM   #2  
Losing Again!

Paula--
Way to go on a 7lb. Loss!

Don't fret too much. I have found over the past couple of months that if I have a particularly big loss one week, the next week I tend to maintain or lose .2 or something.

I just tell myself to stay on program, keep exercising and drinking my water, and over time, it will happen. I know it's frustrating as anything, but it's been said over and over...we didn't get to this point overnight, and there's nothing we can do to get to where we want to be overnight either.

I know you're frustrated now, but hang on...you've got to be committed to the long haul, you can do it! Your body just needs a bit of time to adjust to that big loss!
Old 03-28-2003, 03:57 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Paula!

That stinks!

I swear, I think the scale should KNOW how much effort it took to stay on plan and darn it, it should compensate me for that effort. But unfortuately, scales are just dumb machines.

When I first started, I had a month where that happened and so I started recording my food and I found out that I was going over my goal. Oops! So, make sure it's not that first.

Then, check out those leg muscles, arm muscle and anything else you're working. Is your butt smaller? Are you muscle bigger?

This would be a good time to start making a monthly measurement of yourself, so if the scale doesn't move, maybe the tape measure will!

Hang in there, chica! I know how much this hurts!
Old 03-28-2003, 04:04 PM   #4  

That was what I was going to say Goddess, if your doing a good workout, you may just be gaining muscle and loosing fat. Remember, muscle weighs more then fat. So get the measuring tape out and measure yourself. Then do it again in a week. If the scale stays the same and you loose an inch or two, then you know your doing right.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Bella23
Old 03-28-2003, 09:19 PM   #5  

Thanks for the support. I need to keep reminding myself that muscle weighs more.

I have been measuring and have only lost 1/2 inch from hips and waist -- so that is also frustrating.

I am tallying everything on fitday.com so I know I am staying within my calories. Maybe I need to shake up a few days here and there.

Peace,
Paula
Closed Thread