Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP Daily Chat. Friday 6-15-2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 06-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Good morning. I hope you all have a great day. I feel good after catching up on my sleep!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all,
Just had my first WI post vacation. Lost the weight gained and a couple of extra ounces. Big C issues also ;-( despite using magnesium citrate after paltry results with my fiber capsules. Odd, those things used to work.

Anyway, wishing all of you a wonderful OP day and fun, OP weekend!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Great work Chloe! I've got the C for the first time in 12 weeks. I am usually very regular. I had a big salad, all my veggies and EVOO and +100 ounces of water. I may have missed last nights meds and supplements because I went to bed so early.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #5  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,
Just had my first WI post vacation. Lost the weight gained and a couple of extra ounces. Big C issues also ;-( despite using magnesium citrate after paltry results with my fiber capsules. Odd, those things used to work.

Anyway, wishing all of you a wonderful OP day and fun, OP weekend!
WHOOO HOOO HOOOOOO- good for you chloe, What an amazing accomlpishment that you were able to enjoy yourself on vacation and got right back in the swing of it. You did it the right way.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #6  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Good morning everybody.

I am having a skinny feeling morning. Am sitting here sipping coffee, with my dog at my feet catching up on yesterdays posts with the window open listening to the birds chirp while the rest of the family is sleeping. This is definetly my favorite part of the day.

Have a wonderful day - Stay on plan!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Cadu.....loving the new pic. Your looking fabulous girl !!!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:42 AM   #8  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
Cadu.....loving the new pic. Your looking fabulous girl !!!!!
Thank you Wendy
Old 06-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #9  
IP started 5.31.12

S/C/G: 220/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone! I had a hard time leaving for work this morning. My oldest (6) started to cry and said I miss you mommy. This week has been a new routine for us. I am back at work full time (had reduced hours before and didn't have to be in until 9am) so I leave before the kids get up. The advantage is I am done at 3pm and pick the kids up and home by 4pm. The trade off is no more morning snuggles with my 3 little guys. If only I could win the lottery!

It will be a busy weekend. My oldest has his last baseball game of the season. Then we are going to try and head over to the small airport to see the blue angels and other planes. Sunday we are going to get up early, see the tall ships in the Inner Harbor and then go to a friends house for the annual Father's Day Party. I am going to make sure and pack veggies to munch on and bring some drinks in case I can't get any good stuff. Hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

Happy early Father's Day to all the dads on here!!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning I-Peeps!

I'm camping this weekend, but still have a ton of grading to get done before Monday (grades close - final report cards). Soon I'll have more "me" time - I want to start exercising.

Food packing was relatively easy - meat and veggies, but then I thought, "Oh, no... I have no snacks, no munchies, nothing for our kids and grandkids to snack on when they visit, not even s'mores stuff! Oh well, they'll deal! lol

Chloe - great news about maintaining / recovering from vacation! Makes me feel like I really can be successful with this.

Carol - I agree, your new photo is beautiful!

Hoping everyone has a fabulous Friday!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Thank you Wendy
Agreed!!! Cadu - you look FANTASTIC!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

last night I zipped up a size 14 dress - it was still too tight to wear out in public, but it zipped completely!!! I have NEVER been size 14 in my life!! PLUS in 2 pounds, I'll hit One-derland - a place I haven't seen in over 20 years. I LOVE IP!! Happy days to all of you and wishing you a great weekend!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #13  

Vet, Cadu & Dakin,
Thanks!

Thought I might lose more - rebooted so to speak since I phased off for a month, spent 3 weeks eating crazily (despite the best of my intentions - had choc croissants, creme brulee, choc mousse, butter with lots of bread, etc.), but still happy about how it turned out. Now to finish off losing on phase 1!

Vet,
Hope C doesn't hang around too long.
Cadu,
Your new pic looks ADORABLE! Do you have any wedding pics to share? Don't mean to pry or push, just askin'!

Last edited by Chloe222; 06-15-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikig3 View Post
Good Morning everyone! I had a hard time leaving for work this morning. My oldest (6) started to cry and said I miss you mommy. This week has been a new routine for us. I am back at work full time (had reduced hours before and didn't have to be in until 9am) so I leave before the kids get up. The advantage is I am done at 3pm and pick the kids up and home by 4pm. The trade off is no more morning snuggles with my 3 little guys. If only I could win the lottery!
I don't have any children but do have 3 dogs and leaving them, w/ their sad little faces just looking at me is so sad. I'm sorry you are going through this - can only imagine how hard it must be.

However, they are great motivation to stay OP and get to a healthy weight.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

I have a WI this morning and need the whoosh fairy to come on by. I've been OP, and my clothes are fitting better, but the scale does not agree. Have to see what the scale and coach have to say.
Happy IP Friday everyone. I'm so encouraged by you loosers, you are my favs!
Closed Thread