100 lb. Club - NSV: No Cake For Me!!!!!

View Full Version : NSV: No Cake For Me!!!!!

HealthyMeWannabe
06-13-2012, 10:03 PM
I work for a large food distributor in the US. As a result, there's always food in the office. Today one of our salesmen brought in a huge cake for the office folks. I smelled it as soon as he opened the box. :rolleyes: I love cake. Especially coconut cake. And that's what he'd brought in. Still, I was determined to avoid the sugary sweet stuff. I've been doing so good that even the smell of that cake didn't deter me. I stayed at my desk as he put it in the conference room (which happens to be pretty close to my cubicle).

So I was minding my own business working when one of my co-workers comes to my desk and says, "Oh, let me go get you some of that cake!" I shook my head and said, "Thanks, but I really don't want to have any cake right now." She tried a couple more times to get me to go grab a piece too but I told her I wasn't interested. And even thought it smelled wonderful, I truly wasn't interested! :carrot:

That was a sweet enough NSV that I didn't need cake! :D

LaurieDawn
06-13-2012, 10:19 PM
WOW! To resist is one thing, but to resist when it's your favorite kind, the smell of it carries to where you're trying to work, AND a co-worker offered to bring you a piece several times? Plus (this always gets me) - it was FREE food. Free food means no calories, right?

Congratulations! You so got this.

gracesmomma
06-13-2012, 10:26 PM
wow, what willpower!!! Way to go!!

by the way, what does NSV mean?? lol

HealthyMeWannabe
06-13-2012, 10:27 PM
NSV means "non-scale victory." :)

Brandis
06-13-2012, 10:36 PM
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! DO A HAPPY DANCE RIGHT NOW!!!!! I also love coconut cake, and cake in general is one of my major oh-my-god-i-love-it foods. You are super fantastically awesome for resisting. It is eye opening when you realize you can live without that piece of cake, and that there will be more cake in the future. For me it was hard to accept that. Whatever piece of heaven that was thrust in my face was likely (to me) to be the last thing I would ever eat.I was also afraid to go hungry. Now that I know that neither one of those things will kill me, I am making great strides. I think you will, too because now you have confidence.Great job!

penmage
06-14-2012, 02:21 AM
Way to go!

time2lose
06-14-2012, 09:22 AM
That is awesome! Conquering the food demons at work is a major milestone>