Old 06-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Default Slimgenics - anyone know what that is?

I saw a tv commercial last night for a weight loss program called Slimgenics. I'd never heard of it before and am curious. A quick google search shows that it's a customized plan and you have to meet with a counselor; there are not many other details that I could find. Does anyone know what this is all about?
Bdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

Bdmom,
Yes I know what Slimgenics is like as I tried it years ago when it was called Slim4Life. It's a very strict eating plan that uses their foods,( bars, drinks, etc.)
plus meals which include protein, veg., fruit and a carb choice. It's not as low carb as Ideal Protein but is quite strict. I didn't reach goal on it, I burned out pretty quickly on it. It's also quite expensive and I didn't lose as quickly as I am on IP. I am having no trouble sticking to the IP Plan, seeing the weight drop so fast it quite motivating! In one month I've dropped 13 lbs. which is incredible for me as I am usually a slow loser. I love IP!
I hope this answers your questions about Slimgenics!
Skini mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #3  

Hi Skini Mini - thanks for the information. The commercial really got my attention, but I was more curious than anything. I like IP so far (only my second week in). Congrats on the 13 lbs so far. That's great!!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Bdmom, it looks like you're doing great too, 10 lbs in less than 2 weeks. That's fantastic!
Skini mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

I did slimgenics when it was also called slim4life. I happened to really enjoy the program, I lost 26 lbs in 15 weeks. I had two separate binge eating episodes that lasted 2 to 3 days each, which slowed down my weightloss. However the first week on the diet I lost 10 lbs. I would call it a very structured plan. You receive a list of foods that you can eat from, there are a ton of foods on the list some that I hadn't tried before, and you are given a break down of how many proteins, carbs, sugars, and what not you should eat in a day. Slimgenics sells protein snacks that you must eat while on the diet. I found most of them to be very good. I was purchased a cookbook from Slim4life that really helped me to get creative with meals I was making myself, I was never bored on the diet or hungry. I still use the cookbook and at times apply the plan to my current weightloss efforts. I have not bought snacks from them in years but there a much more low-cal, low-carb, high-protein snacks available at stores now.
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #6  

Thanks Domlacha. There is very little information on the internet about what the plan actually is; it says that it is customized to each individual. Sounds like they took slim4life and made it more current and voila... Slimgenics.