Depression and Weight Issues - Exercise Log

View Full Version : Exercise Log

liz321
03-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Anyone interested in an exercise log here in this little part of our world. I would feel motivated by the opportunity to post daily what I do to get fitter. It can be anything from a walk, stairs instead of the elevator, dancing while vaccuming, a work out, parking further away from the shop etc.

Let me know what you think.

Thursday March 27, 2003- I went to the gym and did cardio for 1 hour...low intensity but I did sweat...and then 15 mins of toning.

Eliz

Who is going next?

cathyxxx
03-28-2003, 09:19 AM
Sounds great to me Liz!

Thursday - I did a 3 mile walk and situps.

Friday - so far nothing - got up late. rats!

Next?

Leenie
03-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Great Thread Liz,

You guys put me to shame.

Keep it up, believe it or not you do motivate me and make me want to do this even more.

Hugs

liz321
03-28-2003, 02:28 PM
I won't be going to the gym today...but my goal is every second day!

I walked up five flights of stairs last night when I got to work....tonight I will try for seven.

Way to go Cathy!

Hang in there Leens!

ELiz

loranden
03-28-2003, 06:07 PM
This is a great idea!

I do 100 crunches every morning, walk 1 mile a day, and 20 minutes of exercises in the evening.

liz321
03-29-2003, 10:30 AM
I slept yesterday and worked last night,,,I will be sleeping today again too...don't know if I will get anything accomplished today.....I will check back

Eliz

cathyxxx
03-29-2003, 04:46 PM
I cleaned house for 6 hours today!
That counts as my exercise! ;-)

liz321
03-29-2003, 07:31 PM
:bravo: :lol: :lol: Liz

loranden
03-30-2003, 12:42 AM
Today 3/29:

Cleaned the house: scrubbed baseboards, cleaned out kitchen cupboards, linen closet, bedroom closet, cat box (YUK :-P ) and the bedroom closet. All I have to do are my window blinds and my spring cleaning will be done.

cathyxxx
04-01-2003, 08:40 PM
wow yall are busy people!
ya'll are doing great with all that exercise!
today I had errands to run at noon so I walked in the mall as fast I could (with a purse on my shoulder - yuk) while I looked for the stuff I couldn't find, but that didn't feel like enough to me, so when I got home at 6:00 tonight the sun was still shining and there was a nice cool breeze blowing so I put on my walking clothes, popped a real upbeat Praise cd in my walkman and walked around the 2 mile block for 30 minutes. It was so nice to be outside and have the wind blowing in my face.

next?

cathyxxx
04-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Wednesday
I got up at 5:00 and did a 30 minute walk aerobics tape with Leslie and then situps? I 've also had 32 oz of water already. :-)

anybody else moving today?
Cathy

liz321
04-02-2003, 11:49 AM
I am gonna get to the gym today...been lazy the past couple days recovering from my night shifts...time to get back at it!

Liz

CIN
04-02-2003, 11:51 PM
I planned on walking today but was delayed..I started sweeping off back porch and before you know it had a rake in my hand.cleaning all the flower beds....took 3 bags to the dumpster...worked a couple hours before quitting! I consider this good physical activity.weeding,raking and walking!

I can hardly wait til summer!
Cin

cathyxxx
04-03-2003, 09:25 AM
That is a great workout Cin - and you get the benefits of a workout and things getting done all at the same time! ;-)

Liz - I hope you made it to the gym. I don't think I could do much exercise if I was working nights. It's like that just zaps all the energy out of you. What are you actually doing the gym? details - you know I need details! hehe

I got up at 5:00 this morning and did a different 30 minute walk aerobics with Leslie - I have about 5 different ones so that I can change them up and not get bored - and then I did situps and some floor exercises. And I've had 42 oz of water already. Whenever I exercise first thing in the morning it just makes it so much easier to get all my water in.

what's everybody else doing today?
Cathy

CIN
04-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Good Morning!
I did my 2 mile Leslie and then took a 45 min walk with Josh& Jake......................a litttle slow pace but none the less...very enjoyable!

Cin

liz321
04-03-2003, 02:20 PM
I am feeding my girls lunch and then we are off to the gym...didn't make it yesterday...had 3 kids for a sleepover....ugh!

AT the gym I do cardio for 45-60 mins...stairmaster, treadmill, exercise bike...then about 15 mins floor work or machines

I am going to try and do the curcuit today with weights. I am making a goal of going to the gym 6 out of the next 7 days...no excuses.

Have a good day everyone!

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Liz

cathyxxx
04-04-2003, 02:04 PM
6 out of 7 days! wow liz! that's a lot!
you go girl! I don't know if I could work out after a sleepover. ;-)
I didn't get up early today, but I will make up for it by doing 3 miles tomorrow morning.
hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
04-05-2003, 10:49 AM
I went for a 30 minute walk this morning (which seemed like 45 minutes bec it is sooooooo humid here and now I am soaked). Now I'm picking up around the house.

next?

liz321
04-05-2003, 03:39 PM
Well I didn't make it to the gym yesterday...dd5 jumped from the stairs and landed funny and we spent a good part of the day in the ER and she has a walking cast.

Today and tomorrow I work and will do the 7 flights of stairs at least twice.

Good to see how committed you are Cathy.

Eliz

cathyxxx
04-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Liz - I hope your daughter is ok...a walking cast? does that mean she broke something? or a sprain?
give her a great big hug from me!
hugs, Cathy

CIN
04-05-2003, 11:08 PM
I see where Cathy posted but dont see the post?

I did my 2 mile Wow video then took a brisk 15 min walk outdoors in the cold with shorts on! It motivated me to walk faster! :)

I watch what I eat so much better when I have exercised!

Cin
Good Nite its almost midnite:p

CIN
04-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Now it popped up...........Liz sorry about your daughter.accidents hapen so fast as you well know!
Cin

liz321
04-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Sounds like you guys are doing great at staying moving!

I went to the gym right away after dropping the girls at school.

I did 25 mins on the stairmaster
I did 15 mins on the rowing machine
I did 20 mins on the bike

I did 15 mins of stretching, crunches and floor work and then did the weight curcuit for about 40 mins.

Feel good....gonna make a nice supper tonight...roast beef and then off to work at 730 pm for a 12 hour night.

It has been a great week or so!:cool:

Eliz

cathyxxx
04-08-2003, 09:21 AM
wow liz! that's a lot of moving!
you go girl!

great walking on Saturday cin!

I didn't get up early enough again this morning, but I am going walking at the mall at noon. (ok i just got back and walked 40 minutes at the mall) :-)

next?

cathyxxx
04-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Saturday I cleaned for 4 hours. I didn't break a sweat but I was movin anyway.

Monday - today I changed my clothes as soon as I got home from work and walked for 30 minutes around our 2 mile block. :-) now I'm off to cook supper and wash clothes.

next?

cathyxxx
04-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Today when I got home from work I changed clothes and went for a 30 minute walk around our 2 mile block again.

It was a perfect day for a walk - cloudy and windy and it felt so good to be outside and have the wind blowing in my face! :-)

next?

cathyxxx
04-18-2003, 04:00 PM
this morning I got up and did a 2 mile walk aerobics tape with Leslie Sansonne - good thing too because I ate too much at the fish fry - but it sure was good.

next?

cathyxxx
04-19-2003, 04:18 PM
I cleaned house for more then 4 hours.
That will have to count as my exercise for today.

next?

liz321
04-19-2003, 07:52 PM
I am too pooped to go to the gym but am working hard at home and work...Monday is a new day!:D

Hope you have a great easter!

Eliz

cathyxxx
04-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Liz if I was on a stretch of 5 nightshifts I wouldn't be making it to the gym or anywhere - doubt I would barely be putting one foot in front of the other. yikes!

When I got home from work today I quickly changed my clothes and did a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansonne and then some situps, now I better warm up some left overs before everybody starves to death around here. lol

next?

liz321
04-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Feels great to be working out again....I worked my five nights over Easter...been at the gym the last two days...46-60 mins cardio and then 30-45 mins floor work and the weight curcuit...I am really enjoying myself!

Next!

Eliz

cathyxxx
04-26-2003, 09:14 AM
Liz - that's great!!! 2 days at the gym after 5 night shifts! wow
It is beautiful here today. I just got back from a 2 mile walk outside and now I'm gonna do some hand weights and then do some picking up around here and enjoy the rest of the day!

next?

cathyxxx
04-27-2003, 07:28 PM
I got up bright and early this morning at 6 am and put on my walking clothes and went for a 2 mile walk outside before getting ready for church! I'm on a roll. :-)

sure hope I can make myself get up at 5 tomorrow and exercise before work - we will see how it goes.

next?

liz321
04-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Off to the gym after I pick up dd5 from Kindergarten. Haven't been since thursday. I worked days Fri, Sat and Sun and got my heartrate up there....:lol:

I will do 60 mins cardio and 45 mins floor work and the curcuit.

Next!;)

Eliz

cathyxxx
04-28-2003, 02:17 PM
I just got back from walking at the mall during my lunchhour. I walked for 45 minutes and boy am I hot now! oh well...guess that is a good thing. :-0

next?

liz321
04-29-2003, 09:03 AM
Yesterday I did not go to the gym but I cleaned off and on from 10 am to 10 pm! I got a ton done and I feel so good!

I made home made chicken soup
I cleaned 3 bathrooms
I cleaned the kitchen
I cleaned the two girls rooms and ours
I am talking everything moved, dusted and vaccuming under.

I had everyone working....furniture rearranged and tons of decluttering.

It sure is nice to get up to a house like that!

Off to a conference about Mid Life/Menopause in women...so I will check in later.

I am stiff today so I must of worked a least a little!:lol:

Bye for now chickies!

cathyxxx
04-29-2003, 09:26 AM
Liz, sounds like an awesome workout to me, and you "killed 2 birds with one stone". Your house must look great! You go girl! have fun at the conference.

I finally got up early this morning and did my 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansonne. I feel so good about that. And I've already had 48 oz of water and its only 8:30! yea!

next?

cathyxxx
05-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Well I put on my tennis shoes at noon and went to the mall to walk. About half way thru my first lap I realized that I left the office in such a hurry that I forgot to blow out the candle on my desk. I thought it would probably be ok for an hour, but then I started thinking about all the papers around it and stuff and figured with the way things have been going lately, I better not take the chance, so I headed back to the office, which means that I only walked for 15 minutes. (by the way, I had blown out the candle, just didn't remember that I did) *sigh*

So as soon as I got home from work I changed my clothes, grabbed my walkman cd player and wrote a note on the message board on the frig that said "I'm gone for a walk, everybody fix your own supper and clean up the mess :-)"

Well I thoroughly enjoyed my 30 minute walk even tho I was really sweating by the time I got back, and then I did situps too, but by the looks of faces around here you would have thought I had mistreated everybody in this house. I reminded them that I spent 2 hours cooking and cleaning up the dishes last night and barely got a grunt out of anybody (haha) and that they would survive with sandwiches or chicken nuggets or whatever for one night. men! lol I might do the same tomorrow night if they don't watch out. (just kiddin)

next?

cathyxxx
05-17-2003, 03:50 PM
Today I cleaned house for 4 hours.
That's the only thing I have done lately that I can even call exercise *sigh*

anybody else exercising?

liz321
05-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Yeah
Cathy!

Good job!

Eliz

liz321
05-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Finally! I have been a naughty girl while working nights! I worked out for just over an hour.....I dragged my hiney but at least I had it moving........I did the stairmaster, the eliptical, the stationary bike and some floor work>

Bye for now!

Elizabeth:cool:

cathyxxx
06-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Well I had to go searching to find this exercise post, but I was determined to get it up and running again, because I need to be accountable and know that I am gonna post my exercise somewhere.

I am back in the saddle again and today I did a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansonne. I always feel better when I get my walk in. :-)

Liz have you been able to get to the gym or too busy?

anybody else exercising?

liz321
06-14-2003, 03:44 PM
My goal is to go everyday this week while hubby is away. This weekend is looking busy but I won't be sitting around much. Have to work an 8 hour night tonight and then hosting a fathers day dinner here tomorrow and my house needs a couple hours work........oh well......it is worth it.

I will post after I exercise

Way to go Cathy!

Eliz

cathyxxx
06-16-2003, 10:33 AM
did a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansonne before getting ready for church!

next?

cathyxxx
06-16-2003, 02:50 PM
I went and walked for 40 minutes at the mall during my lunchhour today! :-)
I am trying so hard to walk off that Branson food from last week! ;-)

next?

liz321
06-16-2003, 03:41 PM
.......does that count Cathy?

Eliz

cathyxxx
06-16-2003, 03:57 PM
sure! that sounds good to me liz! ;-)
while I was walking today I saw a little sign that said
"if it weren't for stress, I would get no exercise at all"
I thought that was cute, bec some days that is the
only exercise I get
sounds like you are really busy liz!
hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
06-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Saturday I cleaned house for 7 hours - that was my exercise for sure!

Today, I walked at the mall for 40 minutes during my lunchhour!

next?

cathyxxx
06-25-2003, 02:09 PM
I just got back from walking for 30 minutes at the mall during my lunchhour.

anybody else exercising?

liz321
06-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Sorry to report!

Eliz

cathyxxx
06-27-2003, 09:24 AM
I drug myself out of bed this morning at 5:30 and did a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansonne before getting ready for work! yea me! ;-)

next?

liz321
06-27-2003, 10:11 AM
WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eliz:strong: :bravo: :cb: :cp: :flow1: :flow2: :dancer: :goodvibes

Jen
06-27-2003, 02:38 PM
I did a good workout today, 25 min on the exercise bike, 5 min on the rowing machine (it is killing me, that machine!) and about 10 min of weights. Not much but it is a start!!

cathyxxx
06-27-2003, 03:15 PM
Congrats Jen! I think thats a lot girlie! give yourself some credit! we do! matter of fact, give yourself the same credit you would give to anybody else that did that workout! I don't think I would even make it 5 minutes on a rowing machine - yikes!

Thanks for the encouragement Liz! I feel so much better, at least internally, when I get myself up and get that workout in first thing. Wish I could remind myself of that when all I want to do is sleep for 30 more minutes.

I know you are real busy liz but have you made it back to the gym? just asking? no pressure

hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx
06-30-2003, 03:57 PM
This morning I got up at 5:30 and did a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone before getting ready for work. Hope to do the same tomorrow! ;-)

AND after work I did 20 minutes of hand weights!

next?

cathyxxx
07-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Today I got up at 5:00 (yea) and did a 2 mile walk with Leslie. I have about 5 different videos of hers so that I don't get bored!

After supper I did handweights and situps too! :-)

next?

cathyxxx
07-02-2003, 09:19 AM
I got up at 5:30 this morning and did a 2 mile walk.

After having a salad for supper with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers out of the garden (yum) I did handweights and situps.

Jen
07-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Killer workout with the weights yesterday, my chest and shoulders are very sore. Did some rowing too and some walking so I felt good about my exercising yesterday.

congrats Cathy on getting in so many workouts. Wish I were as consistant.

cathyxxx
07-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Great job Jen! I don't think I would last too long on a rowing machine! yikes! you go girl!

I am off today and did a 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansone, which is 45 minutes and then I did some extra toning.

Anybody else exercising today?

Jen
07-05-2003, 02:23 PM
I did 10 min on the rowing machine and a moldy oldy but still killer Buns of Steel video.

I'm so glad I am exercising again, it really motivates me and makes me feel better about myself.

Aziza
07-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Hi guys, can I join? :)

I'm very new to this working out experience (joined a gym about a month and a half ago, a week after I started Atkins) but I'm loving it!

Today I did 80 min of cardio -

20 min on treadmill
40 min on elliptical
20 min on stationary bike

Tomorrow I do cardio and circuit training :)

cathyxxx
07-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Great Job Jen & Aziza!

Today I did a 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansonne, and then this afternoon I moved about a 100 great big landscaping rocks. I had to dig them up (bent over) and then haul them over (one in each hand was all I could manage) to a specific pile (why so far away) and I am not sure that I am gonna be able to move tomorrow! I have never sweat so much in all my life.

Oh well, feels good to move and hopefully my imaginery flower beds will now get tilled up and I can throw down a bunch of seeds for beautiful little flowers.

Aziza
07-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Hi ladies,

As promised, I did an hour of cardio and circuit training today.

I joined a challenge at the gym that ends tomorrow to see who could get more fit in 30 days. I am excited to see who wins! (hopefully me! haha)

cathyxxx
07-08-2003, 09:48 AM
Congrats Aziza - hope you win the award, but if you don't - you still win bec of all the exercise you have been doing! you go girl!

I got up at 5:15 this morning and did a 30 minute 2 mile walk with my tapes. I absolutely love getting my workout done first thing in the morning! :-)

liz321
07-08-2003, 10:46 AM
On Sunday we walked for an hour as a family and last night we went for a long bike ride. Feels good!

Good work everyone!:wave: :strong: :bravo: :flow2: :flow1: :dancer:

Aziza
07-08-2003, 06:51 PM
I wasn't feeling very well today so I just did 40 min of cardio, half on treadmill and half on the elliptical monster :)

cathyxxx
07-10-2003, 10:18 AM
I got up at 5:15 and did a 30 minute 2 mile walk with Leslie :-)

cathyxxx
07-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Saturday, 7/12
I cleaned house for 5 hours.

Monday, 7/14
I walked for 40 minutes at the mall during lunch.

next?

cathyxxx
07-15-2003, 02:18 PM
I walked for 40 minutes at the mall during lunch.

cathyxxx
07-17-2003, 09:09 AM
I got up early and did a 45 minute (3 mile) walking video.

anybody else exercising?

liz321
07-17-2003, 12:36 PM
I went on a bike ride with my nephew yesterday,,,it almost killed me but I went!:lol:

Eliz

cathyxxx
07-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Great job on the bike ride Liz! sounds like fun, but you are right, it is a lot of work - works different muscles or something. :-)

I just did a 4 mile walking video which is 60 minutes of cardio! yea me! :-)

cathyxxx
07-20-2003, 10:10 AM
30 minutes cardio today
I went for a 2 mile walk outside before getting ready for church and man is it hot in Louisiana!

Also I was reminded why I haven't been walking outside around here. At one point I had 8 dogs walking behind me and circling me like a wagon train. It was so aggravating bec I couldn't even think with all their barking and I couldn't walk straight for all their running around me! grrrrrrrrrrr I think I'll stick with my walking tapes and mall walking. ;-)

cathyxxx
07-22-2003, 10:09 AM
30 minutes cardio
I did a 2 mile walking video with handweights.