Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 06/08/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 06-08-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Soooooo happy it is Friday! We have so much to do this weekend to plan for our trip. Plus, work is absolutely crazy- I will be working non stop today to try and get all of my projects done before we have our planning next week. Think I may be going a little crazy!

Things are going well with IP. Feeling good! Hoping I reach my 50lbs goal by next week- I should but since I had no loss this week, who knows?

Have a great day all!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #4  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody.

Thanks!!! You too
Old 06-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Happy IP Friday, Chicks! Happiness to those who are losers and victory for those hanging touch and staying OP!!
I don't feel like I have lost much this week, very stressful in real estate, and my other full time job. I'm trying to balance it all by getting enough sleep. Haha- don't know if that is EVEN possible!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody.

Hope you have a great day also. Did the little ones wear you out yesterday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Soooooo happy it is Friday! We have so much to do this weekend to plan for our trip. Plus, work is absolutely crazy- I will be working non stop today to try and get all of my projects done before we have our planning next week. Think I may be going a little crazy!

Things are going well with IP. Feeling good! Hoping I reach my 50lbs goal by next week- I should but since I had no loss this week, who knows?

Have a great day all!
Have a wonderful trip!! Good luck staying OP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswood2012 View Post
Thanks!!! You too
Have a wonderul OP day!

Hope everyones best dreams come true today! Love you all!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody and a Happy Friday to you!

I have been busy the past few days making mini postcard-sized artquilts to bring with me to the dulcimer festival and hopefully sell some, make the cost of gas. I drew some musical instruments on some, like hammered dulcimer, banjo, guitar, etc., so I hope people like them. Practiced on my mountain dulcimer and sang. It oughta be fun. I'm taking my cooler and trying to plan in some salads, as there are never enough of them when you are on the road.

Running errands, packing the truck and going to see a friend who is moving to Arizona, then hitting the road for the festival! Haven't had so much fun or socializing in months!!!

I hope that you all have a wonderful, OP, uplifting Friday and weekend. I will probably not take my laptop with me, as I don't want to leave it in the hotel or the truck or lug it around...
Old 06-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #8  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning folks. It's looking like a good day here in Vermont. A few photos of my babies and inspiration.

Jack is not smiling because He wanted to stand in the Middle and I made him move. Kinda funny. This was last Sunday we went out to breakfast, I stayed IP with a omelet loaded with veggies and black coffee.

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-08-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #9  

Smile Yummy Breakfast

Butterscotch pudding - mix 8 oz of water or so with a cup of strong coffee ( I used a Kuerig K-cup )
add your butterscotch pudding. and shake like crazy!
Then add a cup of ice and shake again.
It tastes like an iced carmel macchiato/coffee drink. Pretty tasty
Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday!!!

I want to share something that SHOCKED me: saw a commercial for IHOP last night and it said that the reason their omlettes were so fluffy was because they added a scoop of buttermilk pancake batter. WTH? I haven't been to IHOP for some time, but I don't remember a note on the menu about this or being told this. I would have remembered because I would have wanted to try it at home (pre IP days). What about allergies? What about special diets? Does this surprise anyone else?
Old 06-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdmom View Post
Happy Friday!!!

I want to share something that SHOCKED me: saw a commercial for IHOP last night and it said that the reason their omlettes were so fluffy was because they added a scoop of buttermilk pancake batter. WTH? I haven't been to IHOP for some time, but I don't remember a note on the menu about this or being told this. I would have remembered because I would have wanted to try it at home (pre IP days). What about allergies? What about special diets? Does this surprise anyone else?
I know going out to eat is a real mine field; they add sugar and flour to anything they can to get us hooked and want to come back. They are the legal drug dealers!!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning all! Got back from a fantastic trip to Zion National Park. Went on some incredible hikes (7 miles for the first day!), enjoyed my family and stayed OP, using Phase 2 with an extra restricted a few times
I missed last Fridays weigh in so was pleasantly surprised to see a 3.9 loss this morning, pretty good for a post-menopausal grandma!
Busy weekend as we will have all 4 grandkids for 3 days, going to enjoy this last quiet cup of coffee!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #13  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

TGIF!

usmcvet! You have adorable kids I must say! May God bless them

After my great success of losing 8.5 this week, I am so tenacious to keep my success going even though it is going to be a challenging weekend. My sister-in-law is coming to our place with her two adorable daughters and on Saturday we will be going to Ormstown fair! This is very challenging as we will be out and about for almost all day long! The key is to be prepared! I know I can do it and I will, I will prepack my veggies and I will take RTD protein shakes with me! and I will even pack an additional shake in case we have to eat out and I can't find anything OP on the menu for me, the odds are we will be eating at a kind of a junk food place at the fair! I don't mind! I am past my cravings now I am really doing good and the 8.5 pounds I just lost in one week are here to remind me how much it pays to stick to my diet.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Good Morning all! Got back from a fantastic trip to Zion National Park. Went on some incredible hikes (7 miles for the first day!), enjoyed my family and stayed OP, using Phase 2 with an extra restricted a few times
I missed last Fridays weigh in so was pleasantly surprised to see a 3.9 loss this morning, pretty good for a post-menopausal grandma!
Busy weekend as we will have all 4 grandkids for 3 days, going to enjoy this last quiet cup of coffee!
That's awesome!!! Congrats!! You are an inspiration

I'm glad you had a great trip
Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
I know going out to eat is a real mine field; they add sugar and flour to anything they can to get us hooked and want to come back. They are the legal drug dealers!!
I couldn't have said it better. Legal drug dealers - sad but true!
Closed Thread