Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Default What kind of cream works for eczema?

I'm tired of all these darn skin problems

Over a year ago, I developed patches of small bumps on my hands, arms, neck, and back. I went to a dermatologist and he wrote a prescription for me which completely got rid of them all. I haven't picked up all of the cream he prescribed, which was like 4 bottles, but it's been over a year and I don't think I can get it anymore. Anyways, I notice these bumps on my back again.. It's not as bad as back then, but I still notice it. I can't afford to fork out a few hundred dollars just for a visit to get some prescriptions, so I have to result to over the counter stuff. Anyone know any kind of creams that are strong enough to cure this?

P.s. I made a thread about dark underarms 1-2 months ago and since then have been using this cream called 'extreme brite gel' and my underarms are like almost completely white now. I'm not even kidding! I'm telling you guys cause I want to share what works for me, and trust me, I've tried all kinds of creams and even thought about laser sugery, so thank god I found this cream after much research. I don't think it's just for underarms, you can apply it anywhere.. Just be warned that the gel is VERY strong and your skin WILL peel. At least my underarms did.

Just sharing that tidbit, anyways, can someone help me with the eczema problem please? LOL.
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

My daughter has it pretty severe and we've been using tea tree oil and tea tree oil products such as shampoo with great success.
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #3  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hey! I had a friend with bad eczema and he said he switched to a natural moisturizing soap (not sure which one exactly, but something plain and not full of chemicals. Try a health store) and aloe vera gel. You can get tubes of aloe vera gel without anything added for pretty cheap too.

Also if it's on your back be aware of what you're washing your hair with as ALEKS said... I got some backne from certain shampoos before.

Hope this helps!
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186.6/181/164

Height: 5' 8.5"

I have it and apart from prescribed steroid cream which works wonders, Johnsons baby lotion really works nicely. I feel your pain, eczema is awful
LondonGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #5  

Neosporin Eczema Essentials Daily Moisturizing Cream. It works wonders.
leslieblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #6  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Mild soaps and Eucerin Calming Cream works pretty well.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Have you tried Noxzema ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

My 10yo gets eczema in the creases of her knees and elbows and on her neck. It seems to be a stress/change of season thing for her. When it's mild, she uses Eucerin cream at night before going to sleep. When it flares up, she uses a bit of otc hydrocortizone cream and follows it up with Eucerin about 30 minutes later.

She has to avoid hand sanitizers because they are just torture to her skin and make her wrists break out terribly.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

Agree with Only ME. I use Eucerin mixed with hydrocortizone too.. and I apply it right after I take a shower. Make sure your daughter takes a lukewarm shower for no more than 5 mins, and avoid using harsh soaps.
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #10  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I have very sensitive skin and caught some kind of eczema somewhere. After trying many different kind of cremes, the anti-fungal sauve took it away completely with the other tips below ...

1) anti-fungal cream from drugstore
2) zinc baby cream (helps many people)
3) Johnson's baby oil with vitamin E and aloe vera
4) agree: avoid harsh soaps & temps (I wash my face with only warm water)
5) "pat" skin dry with clean paper towels only
6) do not use towels

This worked wonders and it has never returned.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #11  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey love, I have sever eczema, and I use a cortisone-based cream only when it's super irritating and I'm freaking out and about to rip my skin out.

But if it's not that bad, tea tree oil or neem cream do wonders!!!! Neem cream can be found at any natural store. It's a little on the pricey side, but it's most definitely worth it!!

Also, before applying the cream, make sure you wash the area well with non-scented soap like dove xo
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #12  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

My son has eczema like you're describing and in between prescriptions I use Hydrocortisone Cream 1% -Costs about $3 at Wal Mart
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the advices everyone! I've tried an over the counter cream that a pharmacist suggested before but it did little to no help. I think I'll try the tea tree oil stuff! Coincidentally, I was watching TV today and heard that this stuff cures funguses also (eek)! Seems like it does wonders so I'll try. Will definitely look into some of the other things you guys suggested also. Thanks, you guys are the best <3 !
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #14  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

I get 2 different kinds of eczema, what I refer to as the "summer" rash and the "winter" rash.

"Summer rash"- acute, first developed in the summer, but I get a breakout of tiny bumps that raise to blisters. These have forced me to go to urgent care as I was scratching so much in my sleep that my sheets were bloody. If they get really bad, I have to go to the doc to get a cortisone shot as I won't sleep at all.

"winter rash"- chronic, super-dry skin that thickens and cracks. This version is less frustrating and much more manageable.

I have the steroid ointment doc gave me, but I use it sparingly as I don't want to have to pay to get more. I used to mix it into Aveeno if I was having a really bad breakout as I hate the greasy feeling of rubbing ointment into my skin.

Like everyone has mentioned, I have to take as many proactive steps as possible. I've gone to Dove soap, I've used Teatree shampoo for years, before I even had eczema. Years ago, I used to buy a commercial spray that had melaleuca oil in it. I can't find it anymore.
RandomPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #15  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

This is a bit unusual, but I've used honey with success!

My son has a mild seasonal version of eczema, mostly behind the knees. When it's flaring up, I put on a light layer of honey (non pasteurized, 'natural' honey) and stick it on with a sheet of cling film. You can tape the edges a bit to keep it on there too, in a pinch I've just gone around it a couple of times with packing tape! Leave it on for a few hours or overnight.

The next day I see a huge decrease in redness and itching...

Really works for us.. and cheap!
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote