Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Ideas For Flavoring Greek Yogurt

Just tried something very yummy.......Walden Farms pancake syrup mixed with greek yogurt - tastes like maple flavored yogurt. I have also tried the WF strawberry syrup mixed with the yogurt and that is good too. I ordered both syrups online from Netrition.

I wonder if we can have cocoa powder? That would be good with some stevia for chocolate yogurt.

Cinnamon and stevia is good too.

I'd love to hear what everyone else does to flavor greek yogurt. I recently switched to the meta balance plan and will be eating it more often now.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #2  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Strawberries...and or Syntrax Nectar in chocolate truffle or Strawberry Mouse.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I read a blog and the girl who writes it lost a ton of weight, she uses Mio to flavor her yogurt. I thought that was a great idea!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #4  

I love it with the Peach-Mango HNS. I add some tropical fruit sometimes -- it is great. But, if you use frozen fruit, let it thaw and drain or it willl make the yogurt very thin. These are great when almost frozen and eat like ice cream. I also put the greek yogurt, super fruit/veggie and lemon HNS in the blender and make a smoothie. I also like to add some frozen fruit to it. Sometimes I make several at a time and stick in the freezer to use for a quick meal.
JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I was using sugar free pudding mix (just stirring it in) and Crystal Light powder and diet jello powder to flavor greek yogurt, but right now I'm on a kick of adding just sweetener - Splenda and/or xylitol.

The flavor reminds me of good cheesecake, flan, custard... the mild, milky flavor is just awesome.

I'm sure I'll go back to flavorings, but right now I'm really loving the sweetened plain yogurt.

I'm trying to eat lower carb than my normal, so the sweetened yogurt is a major decadent treat for me - I love the silky texture.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Lemon HNS is my current fave. That's A LOT of protein. I have done mojito crystsl lite too. I'm having greek yougert as snacks twice a day on MetaBalance as of this week and am feeling a lot more satisfied. I wish I had switched a long time ago.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #7  

Yes - the lemon HNS is good. I also add vanilla extract with the lemon HNS and it reminds me of cheese cake! I read that adding lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract makes it taste like cake batter. I haven't tried it yet but will give it a try tonight using the lemon HNS instead of lemon juice.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #8  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

I'll use Splenda and cinnamon sometimes. Excellent. Will also sprinkle some chocolate truffle syntax powder and stir that in. The lemon sounds really good
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I do strawberries or blueberries and a packet of stevia... yummy. Also like to do cinammon and stevia. I'm going to try the lemon though!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #10  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

When do you get to eat greek yogurt? I have a couple more days before I start my first diet plan (yellow).
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2clog View Post
When do you get to eat greek yogurt? I have a couple more days before I start my first diet plan (yellow).
Once you start the green menu you will be able to have greek yogurt up to 3 times a week. It will be counted as a protein.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #12  
Motivated Member

i always buy the Greek yogurt in the large container and would add the berries or equal and cinnamon to the individual servings when i dished it out. i decided yesterday to add the fruit to the container so it was already mixed and i could just dish it out. (i had frozen mixed fruit (strawberries, peaches, pineapple) added it frozen, blended w/ the greek yogurt and it is perfect! w/ my Nashua Nutrition order, i got a sample of Wildberry HNS, liquid form. added that too and wow, it's really good! i've gotten in a bad habit when im hungry between meals, i'll grab half a protein bar or a whole one. i'm trying to wean myself off of those (will always have in the car though because they have saved me from fast food many times when im on appointments all day!) so now if im hungry or want a treat, i'll dish out my already prepared greek yogurt w/ fruit. BTW, the mixed fruit from Publix didnt have alot of pineapple in it which is good becuz i think that is limited...
i was analyzing myself on why i am addicted to the protein bars and sometimes nothing else will do and it's the crunch i want. i love chocolate and the Choc. Truffle protein is good for that but i want crunch! (before MRC, cheetoes were my favorite!) and lived on crackers and cheese and popcorn. i was thinking also maybe trying to crush up the protein bars and using them as a topping on the greek yogurt so i would be limiting the quantity but still getting the crunch. back in my WW days, i did that w/ those evil Girl scout mint thins and that worked pretty well. i would top my SF FF chocolate pudding w/ one thin mint a day every evening :-)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #13  

One of my MRC counselors suggested crushing ice and sprinkling one of the powered HNS on it or to sprinkle a crystal light on it. She said it satifies her hunger for something crunchy.
JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #14  
Motivated Member

That's a great idea . Thanks for sharing
Old 06-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 205/187.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
Yes - the lemon HNS is good. I also add vanilla extract with the lemon HNS and it reminds me of cheese cake! I read that adding lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract makes it taste like cake batter. I haven't tried it yet but will give it a try tonight using the lemon HNS instead of lemon juice.
Faerychic,

I tried this and Oh MY! It was a yummy breakfast treat. I ate it with my 1/2 cup fresh raspberries and had to remind myself that ladies don't lick the bowl clean... I gave my husband a bite and he asked if he could have some too!
OSUBeavergal is offline   Reply With Quote