South Beach Diet - School is out!

View Full Version : School is out!

Xan
06-05-2012, 05:40 PM
School is out, I took a week to recover and started back on WW (this will take a quick South Beach turn). I'm happy to report that I lost a whole 2 pounds this spring -- which means I did not regain. I've absorbed quite a few good habits from South Beach. My job is quite hectic; I've posted about it before and won't bore you with it again, but I generally work 80 hour weeks. I quickly revert to bad habits during school time and don't have/take the time to cook. I've tried several times to restart during school breaks but I work 60 hours a week then, so no luck. I went back on WW because it works for me when I stick to it and although it strongly recommends healthy guidelines, you basically can eat anything as long as you track it.

And within the week, I started to do what I always do when I go on WW -- plan meals full carbs. All "on plan," but ...my shopping cart contained two kinds of bread, English muffins (with light butter and light jelly, but still) and pasta, which I never eat.

So I stopped, thought, cleaned out the cart, and realized that I have 12 weeks working mostly from home, and I'm trying SB again. Glad to see so many people I remember from my last short sojourn are still here, as well as some who are just starting out -- good luck!

jenne1017
06-05-2012, 10:35 PM
:wave: Xan!

Xan
06-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks, Jenne! I'm very glad you're still here :wave:

CyndiM
06-06-2012, 06:31 AM
Hey Xan, good to see you again!

Lexxiss
06-06-2012, 07:08 AM
:wave: Always great to see you around here!

Xan
06-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Thank you, Cyndi and Debbie. Debbie, you're almost at goal!!!!!!!

Editing to add: I've gone back and forth for months over whether it's better to list my original start weight (312) or whatever the starting weight that I am at a restart (this time, 270). Part of me thinks I should post the 312, because I'm so ashamed of it, and because it's a reminder (for both good and bad) of where I started; part of me thinks I should post the restart weight so that I put the past behind me. This is complicated by the fact that whenever I'm in relapse, I console myself by saying, Hey, you've lost 40 pounds!!! I've been saying that for 2 years now. I weighed 273 two summers ago. So I'm back to starting at 312. But this may change :) I'm not a Gemini for nuthin'!