Old 06-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Talking I am back ready to lose those last 15 kg.

I haven't been around for a whole year now and let's just say I missed you people a lot. I would like to give a small overview of what has been happening in my life and what had led me back here.

Ok I had been working to a tutoring school for 2 years now and the experience had been completely dreadful. The person in charge of me was the owner's fiancée, who had been a complete and utter b**ch to me for the past 2 years. I am not usually a person that cannot defend herself but considering jobs in my country are scarce right now, I could not quit nor give her a piece of my mind since she constantly threatened to "get someone new" to anyone that talked back to her (she even performed said threat with another teacher). I, on my behalf, could not risk getting the boot since both my parents' business is falling and all 3 of us got by with my salary. Being an emotional eater when overly frustrated I started binge eating like crazy. I even gained 5 kg (11 lbs) because I ate chips and chocolates every single day.

Until one day it happened. I was eating 2 packets of crisps in my car after that woman had called me a liar in front of a parent (too long of a story) when I started crying. How low could I fall? I went home in a very bad state and when my parents saw me I told them what had been going on for the past 12 months. And then my mum told me this:

"Katerina, we aren't that desperate. If you want to quit and try to find another job we will manage"

And so I marched into her office the next day and gave my 2 month notice. It was the most liberating moment of my life and guess what? I started having more energy, I started playing tennis and going for walks and yes I stopped eating junk food and snacks. And now my goal is to get rid of this final 15 kg by New Years.

That's my news. What have you been up to?
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #2  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hey and welcome back!

Sorry about your crappy boss, some people really are *******s and it's a shame you can't do anything.. is there any independent body that you can complain to? This is total bullying and I hate to see people get away with it.

Well done for quitting and getting healthier again
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #3  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back! I'm glad you were able to stand up for yourself and find so much inspiration and energy! I'll be working right along with you to lose my last 20kg. We can totally do this.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote