Support Groups - Little Things Make a Big Difference

anb83
06-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Hey all! I wanted to see what some other people are looking forward to in weight loss. And not the normal higher self esteem, healthier body, overall happiness stuff, just something small that you are totally looking forward to! For me it is my thighs not touching! Everyday that I wear a skirt or a dress (which is often due to work wear) if I don't wear shorts underneath then all day my thighs are rubbing and chaffing (gross right) I can notwait until the day that I can walk around with out my thighs touching! It'll be sooo awesome :hyper:!! Love to hear yours!!!

ilovemo
06-05-2012, 04:31 AM
I know this is weird.. but the day where a downward dog is a "rest" pose for me in yoga and not a strenuous one... and the day where a pushup feels like a breeze.

Alegria25
06-11-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm looking forward to being able to go into any store to buy a bra. I just can't seem find a J cup at Vickie's Secret or Target for some reason. lol

Melonlefey
06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
I, also, can't wait until its easier to find my bra size!

That, and I can't wait until I can wear tanktops without worrying about my ugly, flabby arms! haha :)

graceandbalance
06-28-2012, 05:08 PM
I can't wait until my wedding and engagement rings fit again. I got them resized once and then they couldn't be resized any larger. It's kind of hard for me to wear rings anyway right now because my fingers are widest at the bottom and thinnest at the top, without any protruding knuckles, so if I find a ring that's big enough, it just falls off. :(

Quiet Ballerina
07-01-2012, 12:32 PM
ilovemo Look into the 100 pushup plan (or maybe it's the 100 pushup program?) It's like couch to 5k for pushups.

I'm also looking forward to my thighs not rubbing together. :( I've actually rubbed them a little raw on some hot days when I'm out walking a lot in the heat.

Brid
07-01-2012, 12:43 PM
This may be a bit TMI, but I'm looking forward to being able to trim my, ahem, downstairs topiary without having to hold a fat roll out of the way!

kurisitaru
07-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Being able to wear my old clothes again. I have so many that are cute, just... I got big.

I also totally understand the thigh thing. It's SO hot here, yet I wear jeans a lot because I don't like the chaffing. Hanging out with friends, my boyfriend convinced me I would die at the park if I didn't wear something else. (He was right too) so... I put on a light skirt and a tank top. EMBARRASSED about my arms the whole time and just walking around I got so sore between the legs it started to really hurt. I was too scared to tell them all to stop walking so we could sit because I knew some of the people we were with (ones I wouldn't classify as friends) were thin healthy people, who hated fat people. I'd get remarks all the time, the last thing i needed was "fatty can't even walk, exercise that bad for you?" So.. I put up with it and STILL have a rash between my legs.

IT SUCKS! Baby powder doesn't work...

corinthian314
07-06-2012, 10:39 PM
I can't wait until I can run a mile without stopping. I have never been able to do this. Being able to shop at a regular store would be great too. I'm kind of in that in between phase. Sometimes its hard to find my size at Kohls or similar stores but Lane Bryant is too big for me most the time.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/slide-bike/lb/254/150/223.3/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

CarryOnLosing
07-08-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm really looking forward to wearing sleeveless tops and not wearing cardigans all year round!

Astrild
07-08-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm not normally obsessed with this kind of thing, but I was sitting in class about a week ago and tried to wrap my fingers around above my knees. I think it's gonna eventually be my new thing to do with my thighs when I'm bored.

Sarah1321
07-08-2012, 06:37 PM
I totally agree with the thigh thing. I barely ever wear dresses because of it, but I did last night. I would give anything for them not to chaff(sp?) when I walk.

I can't wait for the day to come when I can wear low rise jeans because I don't have to tuck my love handles into my pants.

btrinny
07-08-2012, 06:54 PM
I can't wait to be able to shop in ANY store! I hate spending so much money for crappy cheap Lane Bryant stuff that just doesn't last.

queenie91
07-13-2012, 04:11 AM
I can't wait, like btrinny to shop anywhere I please!
Also, I can't wait until I see a huge difference in myself. I can tell I've lost some weight but I want to really feel it! Haha.

HappyHoliday
07-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I can't wait to reach my final goal so that I don't have to keep buying clothes that quickly become too big. It's been great to be excited like, all my clothes are too big, ..then I buy a couple skirts and pairs of pants but a few weeks later those are too big. I have to watch my spending and not get too attached to the new items. When I hit my final goal (whatever that is) I'll be so excited to know I can buy some nice things that should last for awhile.

kc82
07-20-2012, 11:07 AM
For me it's being healthy and fit enough to run / play with my nieces without feeling winded or tired.

sandramac
08-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Hi, all,

I love reading your "Little Things" and I can SO relate! My biggest problem is my waistline. I feel like I am being cut in half, even when wearing something that fits perfectly everywhere else on me.:(

Right now, I have been putting off dressing to go shopping, because my "going out" clothes feel too tight. For now, elastic waistbands will have to do, but I so look forward to being comfortable tucking my blouse in!:^:

I will work hard, today, cycling and lifting, to get there!:D

Campana
08-05-2012, 03:41 PM
In my case I can't wait to be able to cross my legs. I want to be able to sit at work and fold my legs comfortably. Kinda feel sexy doing that!

ilidawn
08-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Short term, I can't wait to fit all the clothes sitting in my closet all these years. Long term, I dream of the day I can buy clothes from the normal section and to be able to wear the cute bras instead of sports bras and granny bras lol

cmarty
08-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I can't wait to wear a belt again and wear tigger fitting shirts without my belly fat shining through. I cant wait to see my waist again. But most of all I can't wait to say " I did it!":carrot: I did it!:carrot:

devnet
08-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I can't wait to be able to cross my legs (haven't been able to do that since like 9th grade), be able to shop in a non plus-size store, or heck, even be able to easily find clothes *in* a plus sized store. My ginormous hips make it near impossible to find pants!

I also really, really, *really* want to see the day where I can see my own feet without leaning forward.

Justwant2Bhealthy
08-12-2012, 09:54 PM
There's a similar thread to this in another forum (Weight Loss Support Forum?); and I posted in there that I am so glad that my legs don't rub together anymore. So, here's a TIP for all of you that have this problem: I really believe the reason is that I do "thigh presses" a few times a week. I learned to do these in a gym many, many years ago.

THIGH PRESSES ~ since I don't have the machine like at the gym, I created my own -- just lay on your back on your bed, bend your knees, and squeeze your thighs together. OK, I know this sounds weird/naughty ladies, but you know what I mean: open and close your legs ... :lol: I started at 10 and worked my way up to 25 or more, as you want.

My dream desire is to see my "tummy" gone ... can't wait!

RachelRawr
08-13-2012, 01:08 AM
I can't wait to wear sleeveless shirts/dresses. I hate having to put on a cardigan or the like all the time. It's hot in Texas...it would be nice to wear something without sleeves.

Also, I can't wait to have a wardrobe that doesn't mainly consist of shirts with elastic at the bottom to hide this spare tire im lugging around.

swissy
08-13-2012, 07:53 AM
I can't wait until I am seen as a person first and foremost and not a fat person.

IsabellaOlivia
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I've been doing the C25K programme. I'm really looking forward to having better stamnia and being able to walk up a hill with something resembling a normal heart beat.

NoSuchUser
09-16-2012, 11:38 PM
I feel like high heels should be more comfortable if I weigh less. Make sense to me! I can't wait to be able to buy boots without paying a fortune for wide calf in real leather. That may never happen because I have really muscular legs, but I'm going to try!!:)

FirstLove
09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
I can't wait to feel good having my husband watch me undress at night (which I know he likes to do), instead of rushing to do it before he comes in the room.

missmel23
09-22-2012, 12:59 AM
I can't wait to be able to wear short sleeve shirts and tank tops and not be self conscious about my arms. Also, I would love to be able to wear shorts and cute dresses, without obsessing how gross my legs look. And I also can't wait to have a slimmer face... I hate my chubby cheeks.

And most of all, I can't wait for my boyfriend to really notice that I've slimmed down. I've gained about 30 lbs since we started dating, which was 4 years ago. It would be nice to look better than when he first met me.

Luffz
10-30-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm looking forward to be able to wear tighter fitting clothes, so my singing teacher (and judges at different competitions) can see how well I support my singing with my body!
And to be able to wear a fairly tight-fitting t-shirt that slightly, just slightly, reveals the stomach, and a pair of skinny jeans to go with it - without it looking.. wrong.. :P

westcoast rosa
10-31-2012, 01:23 AM
* being able to shop in "regular" stores (WAY more options)
* no more thigh rub
* more comfort in high heels
* for my husband to be able to effortlessly pick me up
* to wear belts
* to run a half marathon

TPA sun
10-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Can't wait to shop anywhere! I love shopping, even tho it sucks that I can never find anything in my size.

Being able to wear bracelets/watches without them feeling like they're strangling my hand....

I want to feel comfortable in a dress. I've never had the chaffing issue, but I'm sure I would if I wore one, But my tummy is where I carry most of my weight, and there are no clothes than I look decent in, and Im too afriad to even try on a dress right now.

I can't wait to not feel self-conscious about wearing blush! I feel like it makes my cheeks look even chubbier.

I'm going to do a mud run! So excited for that, it's my motivation to keep working. I don't want to totally embarras myself at the gym!

I can't wait til I have some more strength in my upper body and core, nursing school clinicals are tough work, and it's only going to get tougher, I want to be able to keep up physically. I want to be able to do a full push-up, never done one without my knees!

cdcn13
10-31-2012, 04:59 PM
I can't wait to be able to wrap a towel around myself

I can't wait to be able to run again

I can't wait to be able to wear cute clothes

TPA sun
10-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Oh I like being able to wrap a towel around! I love going to the spa, but they never have a robe big enough for me, so that's no fun.

I guess in general I can't wait til 'one size fits all' means me too!

cdcn13
10-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Fitting into a seat

Looking good in a swimsuit

Putting on clothes and they are too big

Having people say how good you look