Simply Filling/Core - SIMPLY FILLING/CORE CHAT: June 4-10, 2012

ontarget
06-04-2012, 04:16 PM
New pages.:hug:

ontarget
06-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm home from my stress test. I would be surprised if there were any problems showing up. I feel healthy as a horse.

Nancy, I just had to wait 30 minutes. They said the doctor wasn't there yet and they didn't want to chance me on the treadmill without him nearby.

I'm heading out to mow the yard. I'll be riding and not walking. It's H O T!

sloanie
06-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Worked in the yard several hours yesterday. Boy am I out of shape. We are still eating gluten free and doing well. I made some GF bread, and I think I burned up my 30 year old hand mixer! Fancy that!!! I've got a new stand mixer on the way, and I am ready for it :)

Sandra, glad you felt well after your stress test. Sometimes that's a rough one. Sorry y'all are so hot. We have had four beautiful days, but that is not typical. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Pam, stripping wallpaper is one of my least favorite things to do. Your plan for the room sounds awesome!

Rhonda, how's the ankle? Hope you don't get too rambunctious!

Nancy, that's awesome about the little birdies. It's funny, I love to watch them, but don't want one any where near me! They make me scream like a little girl :o

Hope you all have a great rest of the day!

nancy237
06-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Missing Maryann, she always has such fun things going on.
I have been working in the garage the last few days & its looking great.
I want to paint the awful brown pegboard walls but that's a project for
another day. I am down to about 4 large boxes to go through and some tools in the middle that I want to list & sell. One pile is trash to take tomorrow.
I never knew we had such a large garage, who knew..

I may just stay here til spring.. I am selling our land in a week and if I roll that money into my mortgage my payment will be much lower. That way I can adjust to work and have this place totally organized and looking sharp by spring..

Sloan, are you sure the warranty is up on that mixer ;)

Sandra, glad that test is over for you..

pam920
06-05-2012, 09:09 AM
morning chickies.

Sandra, I'm sure your stress test will turn out fine. I'm not sure I would do well. I have been lazy lately. Will be glad when we return to Florida and start my walking again.

Nancy, will you possibly just stay where you are? I have a bedroom that has become a dumping haven. Slowly I'm making my way there. I have the bathroom to do, then another bedroom to update, then the hoarding room.

I miss Maryann too. I thought of Jojo today. I wonder how she is doing. Anyone hear from her?

Hi sloan, Vickie, Rhonda

ontarget
06-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I haven't heard from JoJo in ages. If anyone hears, will they post? I'm missing Maryann, too.

Nancy and Pam, you two are always so busy. I feel lazy.

Just got home from WI. I gained 3 ounces. My tracker is still accurate. We're heading into town to run errands and do lunch. Life is good. Have a great day, all.

nancy237
06-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Made a trip to the landfill today, put up flags to mark the invisible fence to train Tucker, cleaned the pool some and worked in the yard & garage .

I am dirty, tired & hungry..so I plan to hit the hot tub & then find something to eat.

Pam.. I might stay here a few years but its a big place to heat, maintain & pay for. I think I will be happier in a small house that is one story. I hope to use the land money and equity here to help pay for a small house sometime in the next year.

Tejas
06-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Hi...I've had a niece here from Nebraska and have been really busy with visiting.

I saw the orthopedist yesterday and he said that the ankle was more swollen that it should be but that I am healing well and my foot is strong. He gave me a fancy brace that really helps and told me to try to tap dance with it. I don't think I can get my tap shoe on but I'll try on Thursday morning.

I was in a LOT of pain last night, but that might be because he manipulated the foot and ankle so much. I'm starting physio on Thursday also. He said twice a week for 4-6 weeks and to do the exercises at home also. Long recovery ahead he said. But, should be successful.

We have the three gks here tonight. Bless their little heart--they are so cute I can hardly stand it! But, I'm tired and going to bed!

ontarget
06-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Nancy, you have a good plan. I guess you enjoyed your time in the hot tub. I miss ours.

Rhonda, I'm glad your ankle is healing well. Keep doing what you need to get better. And enjoy your grands!

Vickie, what do you have planned for this week? How's Brodie? I haven't heard much about him in awhile.

We're home today. Curtis picked some squash, tomatoes, and peppers. I'm going to oven-fry chicken breasts and make us a country lunch. No shooting today. My gf had to cancel so I'm taking the day off, too.

nancy237
06-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Just getting started today. Stayed up late watching a movie.

I have odds & ends to do today and then a friend is taking me out to dinner for my birthday which is Friday. I need to find a place that has senior plates I guess . Its my big 55. My youngest son is coming home for the weekend, so I am looking forward to that.

Sandra, I love the sound of those country lunches. We used to have lots of vegetable/garden dinners when I was growing up.

ontarget
06-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Nancy, enjoy your dinner with your friend. You're just a youngster. I'm 65. Glad your son's coming to help you celebrate.

pam920
06-06-2012, 10:38 PM
hello chicks.

Been shopping all day. Just got home about 30 min. ago.

Rhonda, enjoy the gkids and glad you are healing.

Sandra, love fresh veggies from the garden. Wish we had one. We have plenty of land, but no garden plowed. The deer would eat everything. Our neighbors have tried to grow but gave up the last couple years because of the deer.

Nancy, hope you have a great dinner. You are the same age as my sister. She will be 55 this year and I'll be 63.

I sure hope Maryann is enjoying her trip. Can't wait to hear about it.

Tejas
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
I hope this link comes through...it is pictures of weather in the area today.

http://www.wfaa.com/younews?cid=71571

Tejas
06-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Had a busy day, visiting family and doing a few errands.

I'm flying to Houston tomorrow to attend the state convention of my favorite political party, as a delegate. I hope we do not have the storms like we had today--I'll be grounded! :-)

ontarget
06-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Rhonda, have a safe trip.

We just got rain today--lots of rain!

sloanie
06-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Hey chicks! I need some good gluten free recipes for desserts. Most core items are okay, but wheat, oats, and barley are out. Got any suggestions?

Sandra and Rhonda, I'm glad you are both safe. I looked at the pictures of the storm, and they are frightening.

Nancy, happy "almost" birthday! Glad you got to celebrate with your friend.

Pam, did you have fun shopping? Hope you've got your feet up after such a long day. I am growing tomatoes this year in pots that water the plants from the bottom. So far the plants are growing like crazy, and I have several tomatoes just starting. Hopefully the deer and birds leave them alone.

Have a good night, y'all!

nancy237
06-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Sloan..I like strawberries with a tad of melted dark chocolate,
baked apples with a tad of sugar free caramel sauce and the sugar free
italian ices

Vickie
06-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Hey Chicks!!! Just wanted to stop in and wave to let you know I'm alive and close to being back on program. I'll be back to posting real, REAL soon. I may even be able to start doing some gentle treadmill walking!

Tejas
06-07-2012, 12:25 PM
ooh, strawberries and dark chocolate!

I'm off to Houston this afternoon...planes are flying, no storms, just gentle rain so far...

ontarget
06-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Vickie, hi there, friend! You sound excited. I am happy you'll be able to do some treadmill soon. Life is good!

Sloan, dark chocolate/strawberries sounds delish. How about frozen grapes? Sugar free popsicles? GF cake with fruit topping?

sloanie
06-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! The choc. dipped strawberries sound awesome! I had not even thought about cake with fruit; th
at sounds yummy, too. I really have some planning to do.

ontarget
06-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Sloan, check this out: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/p/site-index.html

sloanie
06-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Wow Sandra, that woman really is a goddess! Thanks so much for the link. I am amazed at the number of recipes she has. You are AWESOME!

Vickie
06-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Sloan, we didn't buy these because they are gluten free. We thought they looked yummy and decided to try them. They were delicious. Do NOT think fig newton because they are a MILLION times better than that.

They are called Betty Lou's fruit bars. We originally found them at our local Vitamin Shoppe where we were able to try each of the flavors. Since then, I buy them from Amazon and Vitacost in boxes of 12. We really love the cherry and the apple cinnamon. I like the blueberry too but Jim is not a big blueberry guy so I just buy those individually. Amazon has them for $13.94 a box; free shipping with any $25 order. Vitacost you need a $49 order to get free shipping or it is $4.99 for shipping.

With a cup of coffee or glass of milk they are really satisfying.

http://www.bettylousinc.com/products_category.php?id=3

sloanie
06-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks, Vickie! I looked at the site, and I think I would love the apricot. My mom used to make fried pies (a southern tradition), and I always chose the apricot. Yummy!

ontarget
06-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Sloan, you have me hungry for apricot fried pies. :o

I may go see about getting a "wiglet" this afternoon. My friend is going to call me back later if she can go. I want 3rd party eyes to tell me if it matches my hair. This may turn out to be a Lucy/Ethel episode. She and I have had a bunch of those.:dizzy:

Vickie
06-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

I've got to get renew my healthy lifestyle. My tummy is on the blink. Any recipe suggestions for dinner that are not just plain chicken and veggies and no tomato sauce? I have one....my Chicken Strogonoff with mushrooms but I could use a few more until my tummy calms down.

It's gorgeous weather here. Missing my pool just a tiny bit.

Hope you are all well. We have NO plans for the weekend.

Tejas
06-09-2012, 12:12 PM
:wave: from Houston-based convention! Home tonight...

Vickie
06-09-2012, 12:23 PM
:wave: Hi Rhonda!!!

Hope you're having fun....or at least making a difference.

ontarget
06-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Vickie, what did you have for dinner? Sorry I didn't get here early enough to post something. We had oven-fried chicken breasts yesterday and they were tasty. I used Panko breading.

Rhonda, have a safe trip home.

Joe is here. He and Curtis are in the archery shop. Terri is still in NM so she couldn't be here to shoot with me. I just got home from buying tons of fruit and am just chillin' a bit. We're all going to R&K for lunch later. Don't tell anyone but I am unofficially out of the 180's today. I am excited to go to WW Tuesday.

Have a great day, all!

Vickie
06-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Oh Sandra...HOW exciting! I'd be looking forward to weigh in as well. I'm looking for tonight's dinner. Tomorrow I'm making turkey thighs. Last night I had a frozen Eating Right Dinner from Dominick's grocery store chain. They are very good....better than most WW and Lean Cuisines. It was called Chicken with Creamy Basil Sauce. I need more bland though to get me through this little tummy upset.

Vickie
06-09-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.dominicks.com/ShopStores/Eating-Right/ERSingleServeEntrees.page?

They are almost always $2.00 each; the protein is NOT over cooked or rubbery like some other meals. And, the servings seem generous. We like quite a few of them and are trying more.

nancy237
06-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Vickie..they look great and that site had lots of recipes..Wish we had those stores in NC.

ontarget
06-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Vickie, looks great! Wish we had Dominick's in Texas.

Enjoy your day, all. I'll be out riding the mower in a bit. (That keeps me out of the kitchen.) :lol:

beach bum
06-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm back,got home late on Thursday evening and boy is the jet lag killing me. After 3PM I get to tired to do anything,even cook.

Had a wonderful time along with a very inspirational feeling. Fell on the way up apparition hill. A priest and a another man had to get me down as those rocks were a little steep for me to get down by myself. Then the next day when the group climbed cross mountain,I declined and went to the resurrection cross instead.

The family we stayed with had a great menu for us every night,starting with soup and than the entree,and a little tart for dessert along with some coffee or tea.

Next week I'm going to get potting soil and fertilizer for my tomato plants,which I have to buy also. I'm going to get the early girls,as I planting late & I need to have the tomatoes by the end of July beginning of Aug.

My sister told me that she coming up to see me sometime at the end of June and beginning for July,so I really looking forward to seeing her. I think the way my DGD is feeling now my DD will be visiting me sometime in Aug. after they get back from Ireland. My GD after falling and getting a concussion is till having those headaches. Mt DD took her to the neurologist and they can't find anything wrong with her. The catscan didn't show any signs of hemorrhaging,so that's a plus.

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was so tired after that long trip back home.We had a 6 hrs lay over at Munich Germany so some of the woman went to visit the city but I didn't as I didn't want to buy anymore Euros. So I stayed with my parish friends at the airport.

Getting tired so I'm going to see if I can take a nap,as I'm not a nap per.

Have a great evening

ontarget
06-09-2012, 04:27 PM
:welcome: home, Maryann. We missed you!

sloanie
06-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Welcome back Maryann! Tell us all about your trip when you feel stronger:)

ontarget
06-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Sloan, if you try one of those recipes, let us know how it is. I'm curious.

pam920
06-09-2012, 08:39 PM
hello chicks.

Welcome home Maryann. I know the feeling with jet lag. It always takes me a good 2 wks to get back to normal. Just rest up and we'll be here when you are up to sharing your trip.

We don't have Dominics here either.

I have had a pain in my groin for 3 days now. It feels just like after my heart cath. Not a sharp pain, but it's there. It's in the same place they do the heart cath except it's my left side, not the right side. I'll give it a week and then see my dr, if it doesn't go away.

Been working on my powder room. Almost finished. Just decorating now. I ordered a print online, and it's in transit. Here is a sneak peek of the chair I redid. It's old and had a leather seat that got damaged, so we added a cushion, which I covered. Then I made a little pillow. The ruffle looks crooked, but it's the stripes, they are wavy. go here............. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pam920/

sloanie
06-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Oh Pam! Your chair is spectacular!

ontarget
06-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Pam, you are so talented! The chair is adorable.

We just had a "country" dinner. pinto beans/ham, potatoes/onions tossed in evoo and pan grilled, and cherry tomatoes and cornbread. Yum!!

Tejas
06-10-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm home. I can't believe it was only two days away.

It was tough on my foot and ankle. But, I've been doing my exercises as instructed.

The convention was fun, but work of course. I don't need to go to very many of these, but I was glad to learn more about the process of getting to conventions, and then what happens there. I don't need rah-rah speeches, but I did get to hear Sheila Jackson Lee speak and she is simply amazing.

I'm sure I put a few pounds on because the food choices at the convention were not healthy, and I couldn't walk far enough to get to better places to eat. I did get some good food of course, but lunches were less than ideal!

I'm looking forward to having more control ;)

Tejas
06-10-2012, 12:12 AM
I somehow missed an entire page of posts!

welcome home, Mary Ann!

what a beautiful job on the chair Pam....

and congrats, Sandra!

ontarget
06-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Rhonda, it's good to have you back. I missed ya!

ontarget
06-10-2012, 01:04 AM
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANCY!!

Tejas
06-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Sleep....wonderful!

Of course, DH wanted to start the day by going out to breakfast. I declined. I don't even really want to go out anywhere!! Let me sleep!!!

pam920
06-10-2012, 11:05 AM
morning chicks.

Rhonda, welcome back. Sounds like you had a good time, even with your bad foot. Go back to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Happy Birthday Nancy.

Looks like rain today and maybe the next 4 days. We need it but I have things to spray paint outdoors.

I posted a pic of the chair before I revamped it. I am loving it.

Will check back later.

ontarget
06-10-2012, 03:03 PM
We are home from church/lunch. Had a good time. We'll go out to shoot in a bit. My weight was up this morning over yesterday's. Hope it fluctuates back down by Tues AM. Life goes on. (I may have had too much watermelon yesterday)

Rhonda, I hear you snoozing.

Tejas
06-10-2012, 04:34 PM
I got up and went to church, then to say a brief "hello" to my niece. DH now wants a traditional turkey lunch. Black-eyed Pea, here we come. Then, I'm taking a nap before a mayor's candidate meeting.

Trying to be very slow today.

I recommend that you watch Fareed Zakaria on CNN tonight to see his special on immigration. He is a VERY smart guy. His program on health care was excellent.