100 lb. Club - Getting out of the 280s and 270s

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Getting out of the 280s and 270s

erinmarie312
06-04-2012, 02:28 PM
So not sure if there is already a group for this. Didn't see one. If there is though, please let me know and I will delete this. However, if there is not, lets continue!

So I really find that these posts that focus on losing 10-20 lbs to get to the next group really help me. I used to be on here before I got pregnant and was part of an AMAZING group of gals! Now DD is 8 weeks and I am looking to get back into losing this weight like before! So ladies, spill! What are you all about? How much are you hoping to loose? Any moms out there that can offer advice? Plan on leaving her with dad for an hour so I can go work it! Thanks ladies! Good luck!

HealthyMeWannabe
06-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi there! I will gladly join you. I am very close to getting out of the 270's. I plan to kick them to the curb this week!

CanadianCutie
06-04-2012, 04:23 PM
I've been bouncing around the mid 270s for awhile now. I'm buckling down and determined to get my way down to the 260s by the end of June.

erinmarie312
06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
You girls are so close!! Good luck! What is your workout routine? Thinking of getting back on elliptical for an hour and then half an hour on total gym. Do you think it is better to do crunches or sit ups? Seems like sit ups work the back more.

RainbowWimsii87
06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Ahh! My official weigh in is tomorrow and I'm around 283/282 now and hope that tomorrow to say goodbye to 280's. This was pretty cool to see because my goal for the past 2 weeks have been to say goodbye to 280's. I'll be happy if I'm 280 though lol. So woot for you getting back.

My goal is 190, because it was probably the lowest weight I can remember being in since I was in middle/high school. Originally I had a at least 5 lbs a month goal, but now I'e found the 10 lb one okay for me as well. :).

Meka150
06-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm actually weighed in at 270.4 this morning. I have been fighting to get out the two 270s for the past 3 weeks. Last week I didn't lose anything this week I was down 2.6 pounds. I still consider myself a newbie to the whole weightloss thing I've been actively trying to lose weight since mid-late March.
The week I didn't loose anything I worked out 4 times and stayed OP this week I didn't work out at all but I still stayed OP. I don't know if I'm not taking in enough calories the days I work out I try to keep my calories around 1200 but some days its around 1100. Do any of you ladies have any suggestions???

P.S. Its 8pm I'm about to get on the treadmill I normally walk about 65 minutes at 3mph today I'm going do only 40 minutes in hopes that this will put me in a good range for the amount of calories I ate. Oh, and I have one snack left for the day and that will put me at 1175 calories.

HealthyMeWannabe
06-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I honestly fell off the wagon 2-3 months ago. Somehow I maintained around 270-272 the whole time. Not sure how that happened honestly. But today I got back into the swing of things and walked on my office's treadmill during my lunch break for 30 minutes (1.5 miles). It's start! :)

Meka150
06-06-2012, 01:53 PM
I got up this morning and got on the scale it read 268.4. :carrot: I can't change my ticker until weigh-in day which is monday and here is hoping its still in the 260s.

erinmarie312
06-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Yay!!!! Good for you! I was going to say you should eat a minimum of 1200 cals so you stay out of starving mode. And do a little makeover on your workout routine to confuse your body. Keep it up!

I got up this morning and got on the scale it read 268.4. :carrot: I can't change my ticker until weigh-in day which is monday and here is hoping its still in the 260s.

erinmarie312
06-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Same here!! I don't remember being 190 since I was in middle school! I just can't see myself at that weight....but want too!!

Ahh! My official weigh in is tomorrow and I'm around 283/282 now and hope that tomorrow to say goodbye to 280's. This was pretty cool to see because my goal for the past 2 weeks have been to say goodbye to 280's. I'll be happy if I'm 280 though lol. So woot for you getting back.

My goal is 190, because it was probably the lowest weight I can remember being in since I was in middle/high school. Originally I had a at least 5 lbs a month goal, but now I'e found the 10 lb one okay for me as well. :).

erinmarie312
06-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Ok, so just thought I would post my plan on here so it is set in stone! Will not be starting my routine until next week when all this bad influence food is out of the house and I can really focus. Plus how convienent that the show about losing weight with the hot trainer will be coming on NBC soon. That will be a good motivator for me too! Can't wait to get started!!

HealthyMeWannabe
06-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I can't wait to see you succeed erinmarie!

I did another 1.5 miles on the office treadmill at lunch and tonight my husband, daughter, dog, and I took another mile walk in our neighborhood! I'm making progress! I just really need to remember to take my tennis shoes to work with me. Walking in loafers wasn't the wisest thing I've ever done. The small blister under my toe says the same thing. :rolleyes:

erinmarie312
06-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Ouch! You should just keep a pair of shoes at work, that is awesome you have an office treadmill!! Jealous! I can't wait til my daughter is old enough to put her in a carrier and I can walk around with her strapped to me. We live on a hillside soma stroller is awkward. Glad your almost to the 260 group :) Maybe this is mostly water weight and I can join quickly, haha! Wouldn't that be nice.

HealthyMeWannabe
06-08-2012, 09:29 PM
That would be really nice! :)

Did another 2 mile walk this evening with my family. Even one of the neighbor's dogs walked with us! LOL! I took a peek at the scale today and if the number holds, the 270's are GONE come Sunday!!!!! :D

erinmarie312
06-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Yay! Congrats!!

ALEKS
06-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Does everyone here weigh themselves daily? I do...and it's up and down all the time! But, it keeps me honest. I weigh in Monday mornings as well..so I'm hoping to see 273.

HealthyMeWannabe
06-09-2012, 08:02 PM
I weigh daily too, but only officially count the weigh ins on Sunday mornings. That's my personal official weigh in day. I'm a bit obsessive and have the need to weigh daily. Like you, it keeps me honest. I can see each day how my previous day's choices either help me or hinder me.

I'm about to go for a nice walk with my family! Back later! :)

erinmarie312
06-09-2012, 10:04 PM
I start my weight loss tomorrow, but before baby I would weigh in every Sunday.

HealthyMeWannabe
06-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Well I faced the scale today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/christianlady1978/wi06102012.jpg

WOO HOO! Bye bye 270's!!!!! :dance:

erinmarie312
06-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Whoa!!!! Don't you just love that?! Your almost to the 250's girl!!!

ALEKS
06-10-2012, 08:33 PM
HealthyMeWannabe: Yay!!! Congrats on the loss. :D Yes, if there is a gain...I can also go back and say..."See, you shouldn't have snuck that granola bar" or something like that.

I'm eating clean, I've done it before...but it's SOOO hard. SO hard!

time2loseit
06-10-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm almost out of the 270's. I was 270.8 this morning. The last few weeks or so seems like slow going even though I'm actually doing well on my eating. Hopefully whatever is slowing me down will let go soon.
I've lost 16.4 lbs since April 29th... and I was 290 back in Feb so I'm making some progress. :)

98DaysOfSummer
06-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi! Is there room for one more? I feel like I've been muddling around from 274 to 286 for AGES...just up and down and no real momentum or long term success. I think if I could just. eek. past. the 270s, I could FINALLY get on track and stay that way.

I'm using the WATP DVDs and counting calories, with a special focus on avoiding junk. I know WHAT to do, it's just DOING it. For more than two weeks.

erinmarie312
06-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Of course there is room!! I tend to get stuck in the 260's. I remember last year I hit 258 and was thrilled! Can't wait to see that number again! I keep telling myself that if I would have just stuck to my weight loss routine, by now I would have been at my goal weight. That seems to be my momentum. As long as you keep signing on to this thread, I will be there with you every step! :-)

Hi! Is there room for one more? I feel like I've been muddling around from 274 to 286 for AGES...just up and down and no real momentum or long term success. I think if I could just. eek. past. the 270s, I could FINALLY get on track and stay that way.

I'm using the WATP DVDs and counting calories, with a special focus on avoiding junk. I know WHAT to do, it's just DOING it. For more than two weeks.

ALEKS
06-11-2012, 09:31 AM
I lost 4 pounds this week. Yay! But bummer, because I did see 272.5 on the scale. It's a new week with a new menu. A stronger focus. My goal is to get to the gym 4 times this week and zumba at home 2 times and 2 5km walks on the treadmill.

Hope everyone has a great week.

98DaysOfSummer
06-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Wow, ALEKS, you make me feel like a serious under-achiever! I'm planning to do the WATP one mile walk at least three times this week. I am the worst about not making time to exercise. The worst. Guess that's why you lost those four pounds! Congratulations!

erinmarie, I plan to be here for the long haul. I have a lot to lose and I can not do it without some accountability (and also, when someone posts about losing four pounds in a week like ALEKS, that is a huge bump in motivation).

I have my meals planned for the week, I have announced to my family that I need just twenty minutes of alone time to do this DVD, and my house is a train wreck so I should be too busy to snack. My husband was out of town for two weeks, then my daughter and I were away for a week and things are out of control!

I really really really REALLY want to get out of the 280s this month!!!

CanadianCutie
06-11-2012, 01:21 PM
I am at 275 as of this morning, I've been up and down due to stress and too much junk in the house.

ALEKS
06-11-2012, 02:29 PM
98DaysofSummer..you can do it!! Walking really does wonders. :) I love going to the gym because it's a circuit training facility...it's set up for 30 seconds per excercise and you work as hard as you can. When the light goes off you move to the next.. it can go cardio, weight, cardio, weight etc or weight, weight, weight, cardio, cardio, cardio. Most workouts take me an hour. Most of them you cycle through 2 times. I usually take a 5 minute break before heading through a 2nd time around. To be honest I was disappointed with the 4...I expected more, I'm blaming it on my period. ;)

CanadianCutie, you're doing great, keep going..you've already lost 59lbs!

My meals so far:
B: 1 cup of cottage cheese with 1/4 cup of blueberries and a rye crisp bread.
S: cheese string and 15 original 7 grain kashi crackers.
L: Tofu salad (with tofu, spinach, rice, red pepper, sunflower seeds, jarlsberg cheese, balsmaic vinegar and evoo) and 1/2 grapefruit.

98DaysOfSummer
06-11-2012, 10:33 PM
I wish our climate wasn't so unsuited to walking outside. It was like 95 today with 100% humidity. Awful. When you walk outside, you can't get a deep breath, it's like being underwater. I miss my treadmill. I know it's not everyone's thing but I love being able to put my headphones on and walk/run to very loud music without fear of being run down by a 16 year old with a new license :p

Today I did not walk at all but I did sneeze eleven million times. Does that count for anything? I have ended the day at 1590 calories and I'm pleased with that. Now I'm going to go take some Benadryl and watch Tivo'd episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras till I fall asleep. Please don't judge me. I'm smarter than that makes me sound.

Night all! Or good morning, depending on when you read this!

ALEKS
06-11-2012, 11:31 PM
I had a fabulous Clean Eating deconstructed lasagna.

I ate two granola bars - not kashi! Dang, PMS!! I'm disappointed in myself! I hate that my husband buys stuff like that...he has things like litte debbie cakes, peanut butter cups etc. HRMPH! To make things worse, he's a stick!

98DaysOfSummer
06-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I would love that lasagna recipe, if you have time to type it or point me to it!

My husband is also a junk fiend. I ask him to keep it in his office and away from our daughter. Junk food isn't really my thing (except for snack cakes or Hubig's pies but my husband doesn't care for them so he never buys them, problem solved) but if you're going to bring it in my HOME at some point...I'll think about it.

My weakness is quantity. I don't like to be full, but I will snack all day long. I don't eat a lot of sugary stuff, but I can eat a whole container of hummus on raw cauliflower because I just love it so much. Or cottage cheese and berries? I can eat it till it's gone - a half cup at a time, all day long. I think this is a throw back to "sneaking food" when I was a kid. Or maybe I'm just nuts :dizzy:

Question: How do you keep yourselves focused and on-plan?

I just saw some pictures of myself at a wedding a few weeks ago and I didn't recognize myself. I don't even look like ME anymore, it's so weird. That was a kick in the butt. I am trying to keep a list of reasons I hate being fat (negative) and reasons I want to lose weight (positive). I hope that helps. I keep telling myself, fit not fat at 40.

ALEKS
06-12-2012, 01:03 PM
98DaysOfSummer... I will definitely type it out for you later this evening. It was really good, the kids ate it, even DH who doesn't want to eat eggplant ate it. Granted, he didn't LOVE it, he tolerated it and said he would eat it again for me. I told him just pick out the eggplant..lol :P

For me, the best way to stay on plan is to weigh myself daily...when I gain, I'm bummed and tell myself to tighten up for the day..if I have a loss..then I feel even MORE motivated..thinking I'm doing so great..push HARDER. I also spend a lot of time looking at clothes on discount sample sites that I'd love to order...and it totally motivates me. When I get to my goal weight, I'm going on a huge $2000 shopping spree..eheh

Also..this morning when I stepped on the scale it was 271.5...wooohoo! Hope I can keep it up for my weigh in day NEXT Monday! *pout*

98DaysOfSummer
06-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Congratulations! 271 is fantastic!

I also weight daily. When I start avoiding the scale, it's usually for a reason. I don't freak out too much about small, normal fluctuations but I know from WW that if my weigh in day is Friday, I will slack till Wednesday and then eat nothing but vegetables till Friday (because I am a crazy person).

I am going back to bed because I am SUPER super sick. I feel disgusting. Hope this passes quickly!

ALEKS
06-13-2012, 12:14 PM
I hope you feel better soon!!

CanadianCutie
06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I hope you're feeling at least a little bit better now that it's later in the day, 98.

98DaysOfSummer
06-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks! My husband brought this lovely grott home with him so there is a bright spot - I know how long it lasts. He had two really ugly days and then he started feeling better (still sounds awful) so if I can just hang in till tomorrow, I might make it! Right now I'm waking up to choke down meds and this funky Wellness tea (my friend swears by it, tastes like it was strained through gym socks, hooray!) and find something else for my poor, bored six year old to do. I am making lots of "if you'll just let Mommy nap in this chair, we will go swimming at the weekend" type promises. She'll probably have a pony before this is over (not really). I am so glad she's an easy kid. She's entertaining herself by writing and drawing and I don't have to worry that she'll Sharpie rainbows all over her room while I'm not looking.

ALEKS
06-14-2012, 08:40 AM
How's everyone doing?

time2loseit
06-14-2012, 11:42 AM
The last couple of days I'm finally out of the 270's. 267.6 this morning. That's 19.6 down since April 29th (287.2 then)and 22.4 down since Feb (I was 290 then)
I don't know if I will be posting much. I just don't feel I've gotten myself in with this site. Totally my fault.. It's hard for me to just jump in with a bunch of strangers and find my place with so many postings.. I could probably try harder but I really wish I could find a small group where I could really get to know the people.
I do wish all of you the very best!! You can do it!

98DaysOfSummer
06-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Aww, don't disappear! This sight is, to me, huge. I will never ever be someone who is active in every forum and a well known regular or whatever. I have actually been around on and off since nearly the beginning (I've changed emails and forgotten MANY passwords and taken several six month long breaks. Sadly, I was 235 when I signed up all those years ago. OUCH! Maybe I should have taken fewer breaks?!?) and I don't feel like I'm in the in crowd. I don't know if there even is one. I get the feeling most people find their little spot and hang on tight. That's what I'm planning to do - I've scoped out a few board to check in regularly and I'm planing to stay active in this thread, but I don't ever see myself being all over the forum and "knowing" everyone. It would be a full time job! Feel free to PM me! You're doing SO WELL! I need someone to keep me inspired!

ALEKS, I'm hanging in, how are you? The worst of The Great Grot of '12 has passed and now we're all just hacking (lovely) but we're still here. I did NOT use being sick as an excuse to let myself off the hook (except for exercise, hacking and aerobic exercise are not friends, I know, I tried) so yay me.

I'm planning to do my official weigh in for the week on Monday so...if anyone has any suggestions for a health Father's Day dessert, I'd love to hear them. We're doing FD with my fam so I need something yummy but not EVIL.

How is everyone else?

CurvyNerd
06-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Today is my first day. I weighed 288 this morning. I want to succeed this time. I have lost weight several times and I always end up right back between 285 and 295.

ALEKS
06-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Time2LoseIt - I find it difficult to! However, I feel if I even post to myself here, it keeps me honest. I can talk to myself all day long. :) HOpe you stick around!

98DaysofSummer - I'm having a ROUGH time.. it's me vs. the granola bars!!! I've eaten 4 this week already!! My scale was up a pound this week. Now, I need to get myself back in the groove! argh! What's wrong with me..I made it through most of my period then the last couple days I want to eat granola bars!!! No more..that's it. I have my dinner all figured and good to go.

And you're right...you shouldn't be doing cardio while trying to get better! Your body needs rest so it can heal itself!! Ease back into it and don't beat yourself up!

I will post that lasagna recipe tonight for you and I'll find a Clean Eating dessert recipe for you. What does your husband like? I know mine doesn't eat fruit...except apples *eyeroll* he's picky.

CurvyNerd: Welcome!! :) I always sabotage myself at the lower end of each 10lbs!! I was sitting at 271 then sabotage sets in!Why?! One day at a time, one meal at a time, one breath at a time.

98DaysOfSummer
06-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi CurvyNerd!

ALEKS, I love granola bars and granola in any form. I can not keep them in the house - MAYBE if I make them myself I can sometimes be a little more "protective" because I make an effort to buy good quality (e-hem, expensive) ingredients and I feel like I need to make them last as long as possible...or if I make a granola that's crumbly instead of a bar, I'll have it over yogurt and kind of mentally trick myself that it's JUST for yogurt and not for eating alone. And sometimes I have granola for breakfast, lunch, and dinner till it's gone. Ya win some, ya lose some.

Thanks for the lasagna recipe, I look forward to it.

My husband will try anything, but he far and away prefers sugary sugar with a side of sugar. And sugar on top. Nothing is too sweet for him. As we are spending the day with my parents, that won't do - my mother has recently found out she's diabetic and I don't want to send her into a coma. At the same time, I'm not feeding my kid anything with artificial sweetener. I found a grape salad on Pinterest that looks delicious to ME, but I don't know if it will fly with anyone else. I'm thinking of making two trifles, one with sugar and one with Splenda. At least I can fill them full of berries? That's a plus, right?

I have ended my past few days around my goal (I am for a high of 1800 and a low of 1500, I haven't gotten over 1600 this week so far) so I'm happy with that. I guess all that tea with honey adds up? I've also had lots and lots of soup. I am currently on the hunt for really good tortilla and french onion soup recipes I can freeze so next time I'm sick I won't have to bribe people to bring me things.

98DaysOfSummer
06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Have been weighing all week and planning to just count Mondays, to keep me honest through the weekend but it's been a rough week and I need a reward so I'm calling it - 280. I'm glad I kept my calories up with all that soup and tea because I would otherwise be worried about the bounce-back effect when I started eating again. For right now, I'm just going to be happy I'm almost in the 270s. 274 is kind of milestone number for me and I'll be glad to see the other side of it soon.

Jacque
06-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind another member :) I'm 280, and working hard to get down below 275 (which is my lowest weight in awhile...)

98DaysOfSummer
06-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi! I'm new, too! Welcome!

I just LITERALLY bumped into a friend from high school and she had no idea who I was. Yikes. She was a FRIEND friend so it wasn't like she wouldn't be glad to see me (or care that I have gained weight), I just couldn't bring myself to say oh hey, it's me under her. I realize the fat that I'm wearing a 140 pound fat suit, but it's ME under here. Ouch.

So that ought to be plenty of motivation to get me through the weekend.

CurvyNerd
06-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Hi! I'm new, too! Welcome!

I just LITERALLY bumped into a friend from high school and she had no idea who I was. Yikes. She was a FRIEND friend so it wasn't like she wouldn't be glad to see me (or care that I have gained weight), I just couldn't bring myself to say oh hey, it's me under her. I realize the fat that I'm wearing a 140 pound fat suit, but it's ME under here. Ouch.

So that ought to be plenty of motivation to get me through the weekend.

I've had something similar happen before and it sucks.

Oddly enough, I had the opposite happen once. A close friend from elementary school was the cashier at a drugstore and recognized me. I was always normal sized so I am amazed that she knew me, glasses and an extra person's worth of weight. I didn't recognize her at all and she's still slender.

spinderella
06-18-2012, 12:41 AM
New 280 member here! I am generally not a scale person after being boggled by my 290+ reading last month. I stepped on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprized by the 282 looking at me. LOL.

I will be happy to make the 270 club once again. I had been stuck in the 270's for the longest time last year, but horrible breakup pushed my 270 plateau up to the 290's (yikes!).

ALEKS
06-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi ladies...been a bit MIA. Good news is Im down 3.5 this week...I'm ** this close to being n the 260s and I know it's going to wanna hang on for dear life!!!

98DaysOfSummer
06-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Go ALEKS go! Go ALEKS go!

Spinderella, I don't think I've ever had a happy surprise on the scale! Congrats! And good to have you!

CurvyNerd, a few times someone has recognized me and I haven't known them but it's always something really weird like a girl I roomed with at camp when I was 12 or a boy who sat behind me in 4th grade. Who can remember that kind of thing???

I'm starting this week at 280 and planning to see the t 270s by Friday. YAY!!!

I survived Father's Day with my family (extended family as well) but it wasn't easy. Cole slaw and loaded potatoes are what pass for vegetables at my mom's house. SIGH. Next time I will be more aggressive about bringing a salad or vegetable instead of dessert. Or I'll just bring both and risk the wrath.

time2loseit
06-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Good morning. To those that commented on my last post. Thank you so much. I find I can't stay away. LOL
I was happy to see 265.2 on this morning's weigh in. I've been in the 260's several days now and can breathe easy now knowing that there's no going back to the 270's.
I been thinking back and I've been overweight since my son was born almost 25 years ago!! Well there was the time when he was very young that I got back down to when I first got pregnant but that didn't last long. Then over the years it slowing piled on.. every now and then I'd go on a diet and lose a few pounds only to gain it back plus some. My highest has been right around 300.. lowest I got in 20 years was 225 a few years back after losing 60 lbs. I swore then I'd never let myself gain it back again but I did.
Back in Feb of this year I was 290. Then in April I was 287.2.. this morning 265.2. Things are different this time. I think I've finally got this. This time it's for keeps!!
I was going to leave the boards because I just didn't find my place. Then I read this from ALEKS: "Time2LoseIt - I find it difficult to! However, I feel if I even post to myself here, it keeps me honest. I can talk to myself all day long. HOpe you stick around!"
And that is just what I'm going to do. I'm going to stick around even if I'm talking to myself. LOL It will keep me honest and I will be able to see my progress..
Thank you!

ALEKS
06-19-2012, 12:30 PM
98DaysofSummer - Thank you!!! :D I saw 269.2 lbs this morning, but it's only the start of the week a lot can happen. I have to keep telling myself I'm in the 260's and I want to stay there (for just a little bit!) You can see that 280!! We're both on that cusp of getting into the lower decade! :) It's a tradition for us to go to Perkins for father's day...I survived by ordering a grilled chicken/strawberry/pecan salad and asked for balsamic on the side. I even stole 3 onion rings from my husband because it's my weakness... It's really hard for me to be in a social setting and not just eat what I looveee...especially when everyone else is doing it! But, it sounds like you didn't do too bad at all! :)

time2loseit - Good morning! :) I'm glad you decided to stay. Your story is like mine...lose some gain some, lose a bit, gain even more. I always seem to not quite get there before throwing in the towel, getting lazy, being over confident that I have this. I need to be humble about my weight loss and realize it's never for keeps but it will always, for the rest of my life be really hard work. Just like someone who has diabetes has to keep taking their insulin, I'll always be predisposed to being obese meaning healthy food is my "drug" that makes me well. You're doing really great!!!

CanadianCutie
06-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Glad to see you ladies are doing so well. I'm kind of stressed at the moment. Had bloodwork done this morning, it's a 6 month follow-up, but I wasn't as good as I could have been with the healthier eating in the past 6 months, there have been a lot of stresses. I was at 273.2 this morning, I'm working my way down.

ALEKS
06-20-2012, 01:26 AM
CanadianCutie...just like your siggy says...one day at a time. :) BTW I'm in Winnipeg.

CurvyNerd
06-20-2012, 07:24 AM
I been thinking back and I've been overweight since my son was born almost 25 years ago!! Well there was the time when he was very young that I got back down to when I first got pregnant but that didn't last long. Then over the years it slowing piled on.. every now and then I'd go on a diet and lose a few pounds only to gain it back plus some. My highest has been right around 300.. lowest I got in 20 years was 225 a few years back after losing 60 lbs. I swore then I'd never let myself gain it back again but I did.
Back in Feb of this year I was 290. Then in April I was 287.2.. this morning 265.2. Things are different this time. I think I've finally got this. This time it's for keeps!!

This sounds just like me. I am just starting out but I want it to be different this time. You can do it!

I haven't weighed myself since I am not going to do a set weigh day this time. I did work out yesterday and I was under my calories so it's a step in the right direction.

ALEKS
06-20-2012, 10:46 AM
The scale told me I wsa 268 today! Oh I hope I can stay in the 260's for a bit!!! :) I went to my board meeting last night and I'm proud to say I made my dinner ahead of time (fajita salad = YUMM!) instead of eating the meal the cook prepares. Yah!

How's everyone doing?

CanadianCutie
06-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Congrats Aleks, that fajita salad sounds awesome. I made one the other night when I made fajitas for my husband and my dad.

CurvyNerd, you can do it.

ALEKS
06-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Yep, I used organic salsa on it instead of a dressing and it had the addition of yellow peppers/chicken and it was delicious!!!

CanadianCutie
06-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Well, I weighed in this morning at 269.8. I'll stick around here for a day or two to make sure it sticks. I was so excited to see it though.

98DaysOfSummer
06-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi all!

It has been a bigger struggle this week. My husband has wanted to do take out or eat out every night this week (WHY) so I've had a lot of salads and grilled stuff but you know how that goes. Understandably, the scale hasn't budged. For next week (meal planning-wise, or weeks start on Friday), I'm planning slow cooker meals that will already be done by the time he starts grousing around about ordering out. Don't get me wrong, it's too hot to cook and I like trying different things but constantly eating out is not great for trying to lose weight!

CurvyNerd
06-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Well, I weighed in this morning at 269.8. I'll stick around here for a day or two to make sure it sticks. I was so excited to see it though.

Awesome!:carrot:

CanadianCutie
06-21-2012, 10:20 AM
I can relate to this 98, though it is not my husband that does this it is my parents. We are renting their basement, and we currently have one kitchen to share between the 4 of us. They don't necessarily order out every day, but they keep so much junk food around it is hard to resist. I kid you not, there is cake from father's day, a rhubarb pie, and yesterday they came home with a dozen donuts.
It's more frustrating than anything, cause my mom wants me to order that Sensa stuff (you know those sprinkles that you put on the food that is supposed to help you lose weight). If they wouldn't keep so much junk food it would be so much easier.

CurvyNerd
06-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Today was a rough one. I went out to eat and did pretty well. I hurt my ankle two days ago and it's bothering me. I did my walking yesterday even though it was tender and that might have been a mistake. I am taking today off to see if it helps.

Neast
06-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi all! Hope I can join! I should be in the 280's but my official weigh in isn't unil Sunday.

I am determined to lose weight before my cruise next May. I recently joined a gym because it's around 90-100 everyday in Louisiana and too ht to exercise outside! I have worked out 4 times this week and meet with a trainer next Tuesday.

ALEKS
06-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Hi ladies, how are you all doing? I binged yesterday after weighing 266. :`( I ate 6...6!!!!!!!! of those kinder stick things. I don't know if they have them in the States. The scale was at 268 this morning. I really hope to see 266 again by Monday weigh in.

I worked out as hard as I could today, got a good sweat...I'm expecting to see a bit of a gain on the scale since it was my first time working out in a week. :/ That always happens to me.

98daysofsummer: could you maybe do some grilling at home? What kind of stuff does he want for take out/dinner out?

CanadianCutie: That's a tough one. I think sometimes parents equate food with happiness and love. If it's not in the house, I won't go out to get anything..but if it's here, I wil want it... I have serious binge issues especially when I'm emotional. It took me a long time to accept this.

CurvyNerd: Sorry about your ankle hope it heals up quick for you!

Neast: Welcome!!! :)

spinderella
06-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Aleks: Hot weather must be bringing on the binging because that's all I did the two days that the weather has been miserably hot.

You would think that with the hot weather I would be choosing crispy cool veggies and the like to eat.. that didn't happen though and we ate out for those two days :( And of course I couldn't work out as long as I normally would with the house inside being just as hot as it was outside.

So I think I will be putting off weigh-ins til next Friday. Eeek.

How often are you ladies doing weigh-ins? I have been contemplating doing it either weekly or every two weeks. I think it would be motivating to see the loss in a week (if it was progress), but don't know if it would also be discouraging if there was little or no progress... your thoughts??

98DaysOfSummer
06-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Neast, I'm in Louisiana, too! It IS SO HOT!

Spinderella, I weigh every day. I don't freak out about going up half a pound or two pounds with PMS, I am pretty mindful of the overall trend. I usually count Mondays and Fridays. I don't know why. It works for me. I have a little app called Lose It that tracks calories and it has a little graph of weight loss so even if I'm up a little, I can see the overall trend is down - and I know to get serious again if the trend starts to move UP.

CurvyNerd, give yourself a break! Your commitment is admirable but you don't want to injure yourself!

CanadianCutie, it was the same growing up with my family. My mom forever had me on a diet and yet stocked the kitchen with chips and snack cakes (guess what, my brothers were fat too). I don't know what people are thinking. When I lived alone or with roommates in college, the weight fell off because I just didn't buy that kind of stuff. My grocery list was typically Diet Coke, Raisin Bran, skim milk, vodka, magazines, and lip gloss. When my husband shops, he puts all kinds of junk in the basket and then grouses about how much weight he's gained (he was the kid who could eat anything - and did - until he hit 30 and all that came to a halt but he's got all those years of bad habits to contend with).

This week, I have reclaimed the shopping and that's just how we're going to do things. Meals are planned, vegetables are chopped, fruit is washed. We're on go. My goal is to get through this heat on smoothies, salads, and the crock pot. It is TOO HOT to spend any time standing over a stove.

Everyone enjoy your weekend!

OH, also the scale did not move - as predicted. I am sad that I kind of threw a week away but I'm back on track.

ALEKS
06-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Spinderlla: I don't know what it is...to me if I'm missing items on my specific menu I binge out of frustration!! What the heck!! I'm so mad at myself right now! Where in Canada are you? I check my weight every morning and ONLY morning, so as not to get frustrated with the days' fluctuations. I calculate my actual weight loss, ONLY on Monday mornings.

98DaysofSummer - It's a new week, let's all refocus and finish the new week strong! :)

I had a bad week in terms of my mini binges. I'm so angry as I did see 266 on the scale..and now I've just been sitting at 269 for the past 2 or 3 mornings. All I can do is continue forward and hopefully the scale stays in the 260s for weigh in Monday.

I'm off to the gym..and wow it's just 10 o'clock. I'm not usually this on the ball on the weekend! ha! wow, yay me!

ALEKS
06-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi ladies, enjoying your weekend? How's everyone doing?

Neast
06-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Yesterday was my daughters 13th birthday. I am now the mom of a teenager :dizzy: So yesterday I cheated with cake and pizza. However, I tracked my calories and went on with life.

Good news is I weighed in this morning and I'm down 5.6 lbs.

ALEKS
06-24-2012, 06:14 PM
WOWWWWW good for you!! :) My son will be 13 next month...my first teenager too :`(

Texas Yankee
06-24-2012, 07:38 PM
I started about 2 weeks ago at 287 and am down to 278. I really want to be out of the 270s by the end of July. My goal is to get to 265 by August 1st but I know that might be a stretch. In July we have a week of family visiting, which means a lot of eating out. And it's my daughter's birthday which means family cake and then cupcakes at the birthday party. And then we travel for another week the first of August. But that's life and I've got to learn to live within it.

I am in Texas where the forecast for the week is 105, 106, etc. And I have two sick kids so we'll be staying in a lot this week. I have a new cardio boxing game for the wii that I want to try this week.

mystyblue85
06-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Hello everyone!!
I am new to this thread and have been reading to catch up and congrats to everyone on their respective losses! I saw 278 briefly a month ago, but I am 286 again, and moving in the right direction (again)
Had a good workout today and have stuck to my plan and am hoping that when I have my official weigh in next sunday (i weigh in every day, but my "officials" are sundays) I will be down 3lbs and in the 270s by the 2nd week in july!
I havent been a "faithful" poster, (im the epitome of a lurker) but you guys are so encouraging and awesome that I just "want to be a part" lol

ALEKS
06-25-2012, 08:47 AM
texaxsyankee - good for you! You can get there! :) as for the cake/cupcakes you can make the choice to just not eat it. I know , it's hard..cake is my weakness! We were at a birthday party yesterday...I had NO chips, NO hot dog, No cake...all my faves! But, I'm proud that I survived and had some fruit/veggies! :)

mystyblue - welcome back. :)

Ladies, it's not exactly what I wanted...but I'm down 2.5 pounds. I had a few speed bumps the past week. BUT... I'm happy to say I am now 268! :)

98DaysOfSummer
06-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Here is my strategy for getting through birthday parties, showers, weddings, etc - I do NOT want to end up in some picture on facebook, stuffing my face and looking fat. We had two parties on Saturday and a family gathering yesterday. That was pretty much my whole weekend.

Today I am cutting up vegetables and washing fruit to get us ready for the week. I love these freezer to crock pot ideas on Pinterest and that's pretty much how I'm cooking this summer. I feel like such an idiot for not doing this before.

Neast
06-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Aleks-Great job!

98days-I keep a big bowl of fruit in the fridge. It's easy to snack on! Where are you fom in Louisiana?

Mysty- Welcome, I'm new too but I just jumped right in.

I get back to water aerobics today. I'm currently doing water aerobics on Monday and Wednesday and Zumba on Tuesday and Thursday. I meet with a trainer tomorrow to start strength training. I am determined to get this weight off!

Texas Yankee
06-25-2012, 11:42 AM
I held steady at 278 this morning, which I thought was pretty good considering my cheat on Saturday evening. My kids have spread their germs so I'm not feeling well today. But it's suppose to be 106 so it's a good day to stay inside anyway.

98Days - that is a good thing to remember! To not have pics on facebook of me stuffing my face with cake. Thanks for that laugh and tip! I also keep ready-to-eat fruit and veggies in the fridge, and peeled hard-boiled eggs. We pre-wash grapes, cut up watermelon and I splurge and buy the pre-cut individual packages of organic apples, because they are so easy to just grab and bring with me.

ALEKS - down 2.5 lbs is great!! Great job!

Neast - I did water aerobics before having kids and I loved it. I try to do some when I bring the kids to the pool or springs.

ALEKS
06-25-2012, 10:16 PM
98DaysOfSummer - great idea. I know if I'm lazy and have nothing ready I will want to grab for DH's bad stuff...like his Sweet Marie bar or something.. *guilty look*

Neast - thank you! :)Good for you, that sounds like fun activities! :)

Texas Yankee - That's great. :) It's always better than a gain, right? We're having a heat wave up north too! ughhh! And, thank you. :) We always want more though, right?

Neast
06-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Went to the gym today and they had an exercise challenge! Work out 22 times between now and July 26 and you get a workout towel. I signed up and will give it my best shot. A little extra motivation. :)

ALEKS
06-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Back up to 270 this morning. :`(

98DaysOfSummer
06-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Ladies, I have a new (to me) discovery - Perrier comes in ten packs of cans. THIS IS FANTASTIC!

Alright, settling down and moving on...

ALEKS, shake it off. And what is a Sweet Marie bar?

Good luck, Neast, you are going to get that towel!!! I'm on the Northshore, where are you?

Texas, this heat is KILLING ME. Also, I hadn't thought of keeping boiled eggs. That's smart, I'm going to add those to my stash.

I am once again trying to give up Diet Coke. I can't quit cold turkey because I end up with horrible headaches but I'm trying to cut way WAY back and eventually give it up. Wish me luck. I love my Diet Coke :(

Texas Yankee
06-26-2012, 12:48 PM
I was at 279.4 this morning but I am pretty sure that is from the sodium from last night's Pho. That broth is just so tasty that I am sure it is filled with sodium. I am trying to drink a lot of water today. Also, I'm still not feeling well so slept later and weighed later. I am trying not to worry about these mid-week numbers but stay focused on Sunday's weigh-in.

ALEKS - I agree, shake it off. Focus on the overall downward slope. And I also want to know what Sweet Marie bars are.

Neast - You go get that towel!!

It is so hot here. The kids and I went into the backyard for a little while this morning to pick up sticks and play with the dog. We had to come in after 20 minutes. Last summer, we had 100 days of 100+ temps. Looks like we are in for it again.

Neast
06-26-2012, 07:39 PM
So I met the personal trainer. The "assessment" i paid $75 was simply asking me a million questions, taking my blood pressure and my hip waist measurements. Talk about mad. I also have to go back Thursday for her to show me how to use the machines.

She also told me that I won't see a big improvement in 3 months. That tells me she's not used to dealing with obese women. After this training session, I'm requesting a new trainer.

The trainer also told me I could count my assessment as a workout on the incentive board. It felt great to tell her I had Zumba class that morning and didn't have to use an assessment to count as a workout.

Texas, high was 101 here today. The dogs are miserable, kid is miserable, and the combo makes me miserable.

98- I'm in Baton Rouge. Hot and miserable

Aleks- it will be back down in no time. If I had to guess a combo of water and hormones.

Have a great day!!
~Niki~

Texas Yankee
06-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm down to 276.6 this morning, so I hope that sodium is out of my system. I really want to be 276 for my weigh in on Sunday. I have been stuck at home since Sunday with sick kids and my little one still has a fever. It is really hard to be home all day and not snack. I'm drinking coffee to get through, but it's iced coffee since it's so dang hot out.

How is everyone doing?

98DaysOfSummer
06-27-2012, 11:43 AM
I lived in BR for years! Loved it at the time but the traffic has exploded. My daughter's pediatrician is on Perkins and if I have any other stuff to do while I'm in town, I can count on spending 90% of the time sitting in the car. What gym are you using? Sounds like that trainer is clueless. This is LOUISIANA, if she's never dealt with an "obese" person then she must never leave her house.

Good luck, Texas! You can get there by Sunday!

It is so SO hot y'all. I know, everyone else has said it but I feel like I need to repeat. I am drinking water like a crazy person but I'm also struggling. I just want to lie around and do nothing all day. Last night I went to Starbucks to catch up with some friends (btw, anyone else IN LOVE with their passion tea? It's SO GOOD, even unsweetened and without anything artificial in it. Yay for the new(er) bigger size!) and we ended up sitting inside because it was just INTOLERABLE outside. At 8 pm. Yikes.

I swear, it is so hot I just want to do one of those shake diets so I can have smoothies all summer and never have to eat warm food again.

trailerprincess13
06-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I want to get in on this group. I made it down to 219.8 two years ago in August. I remember so specifically because I made it to my lowest weight in my journey WHILE ON VACATION. However, when I came back from vacation my weight loss ceased to exist and I gained everything back plus 11 pounds. When I "re-dedicated" on March 12th this year, I weighed 272.8. However, I suck at re-dedicating and I fell off the wagon and gained about six more pounds to add to that number. SO, when I weighed on Sunday I was at 278.8. I bought a BodyBugg and it's keeping me extremely accountable and even though its a big goal, I hope to be back to that 272.8 by this coming Sunday. That would mean about six pounds. Normally that would be excessive but since it's my "first" week I think it's feasable. As of this morning I'm down 2 of those six pounds. I'm just making sure I have a 1000 calorie deficit everyday. You should have seen me last night....I was craving something delicous and crunchy and my husband used the phrase "beefy nacho burrito." So, I looked up how many calories it was and cranked up the radio and did some crazy dancing until I burned those 470 calories. Anywhoo. I'm hoping to be out of the 270s by July 8th at the latest.

ALEKS
06-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the support alll.. I even ate pizza yesterday because I was HOT and LAZY...ugh. I'm back on track today and have been doing well. I was still at 270 this morning.

A sweet marie bar is a chocolate bar with peanuts...I thought it might be American, but I guess not. lol. My husband always keeps junk around and when I'm down, doing poorly (insert other excuses) it's easy to get into his stuff.

CanadianCutie
06-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I guess the 269.8 was a fluke, I am at 271-273 now. My weigh in day is tomorrow, so I'll take whatever number that is and go with it.
Glad to hear you're back on track ALEKS.

Neast
06-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Went to water aerobics tonight. The instructor changed it up and kicked my butt! I am going to try a new water aerobics class tomorrow evening. I also have high school orientation with my daughter tomorrow. :( She was just a baby.

Texas- good luck with the sick kids. Snack on veggies. I love carrot chips dipped in fat free ranch. It's a yummy snack!

98- I work out at the Woman's Center for Wellness. Next time you're in BR let me know and we can walk around the LSU lakes, get some cardio in ( if it's not a million degrees)

Trailer- Welcome! I went and ate lunch with my hubby today and ate 1/2 a quesidalla and it was over 700 calories!! I put extra umph in my evening workout. At least we can work it off!

Aleks-you will be there soon. :)

Canadian-it's just a small setback. You will be back soon!!

Have a Great Evening All!

~Niki~

asharksrevenge
06-28-2012, 02:19 AM
Hello everyone--I'd like to join this group too! I'm just barely in the 280's but I'm making progress. I was once down to 240 but regained it all back and am back here trying again. It's hot here too, but a different kind of hot. California summers are no joke either; the dry air just kills you with temps over 100 degrees (but at least there's little humidity!). I walk in the evenings for exercise.

Hope everyone is doing well today and staying cool!

98DaysOfSummer
06-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Hi, Sharks! Welcome!

Niki, it's crazy to think I used to RUN around those lakes and now it would be a slow plod. I'll have to look you up next time I'm over that way. Good luck to your daughter (and you!) with high school! Mine starts first this year. I thought the first day of kindy would kill me!

I am on Pinterest looking up smoothie recipes. It's just too hot for cooked food.

Texas Yankee
06-28-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm at 276.4 today. Slowly inching toward 276. My girl's still sick so it's another day inside. And it is too hot to cook so I need to come up with a plan so I don't have my partner bring home take-out.

Welcome Sharks! - You did it once, you can do it again!

Neast - it's baffling to me that the trainer said she's not used to working with obese women. You are in Louisiana!! She must have a very small number of clients.

98 Days - I'll have to try the passion tea from Starbucks. That sounds like a good drive-thru treat.

Keep at it everyone!

CanadianCutie
06-28-2012, 04:44 PM
272.4 this morning, so I guess my ticker stays the same. You're doing great ladies, keep it up.

ALEKS
06-29-2012, 12:26 AM
CanadianCutie, I sure am. :) I was 269 this morning. I always find it the most difficult to lose weight on the cusp of the 10's...I'll bob around high 260s and low 270's...then I'll bob around high 250s low 260s. :/

Neast - aww they grow so fast. :`( My (2nd) son just turned 12 yesterday..sniff..sniff. And thanks, I'm back on plan! :) As long as I don't throw in the towel completely, I'm okay. ;)

asharksrevenge - welcomeeee! :) I'd take the dry heat over this humidity ANY day..because it doesn't get better through the night!! Wahh!

98daysofsummer - I love pinterest! :)

TexasYankee - almost there! :) Did you manage avoiding take out? :)

98DaysOfSummer
06-29-2012, 11:11 PM
My husband tells me he's interested in trying low carb. This has been very successful for him in the past and anything that keeps junk out of the house, well...I can get behind that. So as I do not have the energy to read any of the books again, I'm googling for low carb meal and snack ideas.

Wish us luck.

Neast
06-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Yesterday was a crazy day for me. I went out and ate lunch and dinner. I didn't even pun calories but it was a lot of sauce, cream, and cheese. :( What was I thinking?:?:

However, I woke up this morning, did a 45 min water Pilates class ( love it!) then 20 mins of strength training. I'm back on schedule. I REFUSE to let one bad day hold me back!

Have a great weekend! We're off to my best friends pool for the afternoon!

time2loseit
06-30-2012, 01:05 PM
I REFUSE to let one bad day hold me back!

Way to go:)!! I feel the same way. I try to stay on track but if I don't oh well. I just get right back to it.

Texas Yankee
07-01-2012, 01:24 PM
How is everyone? It's July 1! I am doing some of the challenges. One is to lose 10 lbs in July. That's going to be a stretch for me with my July schedule but I would LOVE to lose 10 lbs. by the end of the month, especially because that's when I travel to visit family.

I weighed in at 276 this morning. Well, that was the average. It was 276.4 and then 275. 6 so I rounded to 276. I was very excited to see the scale say 275! Slow and steady.

Neast - that's a great attitude! We didn't gain weight in one-day and one-day isn't going to make us not lose weight. It's just one day.

98 Days - that will be nice to have your husband on board. It is so much easier when your partner/spouse isn't eating french fries in front of you!

ALEKS - great job getting into the 260s!! That's fantastic!

98DaysOfSummer
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Oh guys, wish us luck. I always forget that when my husband decides to "diet" then it's like I'm dieting for two. I forget that not everyone grew up "dieting" constantly and not everyone has read every fitness, diet, weight loss, and self help book/magazine on the topic for the last 30 years. SIGH. If I hear, "What can I eat" ONE MORE TIME.

So, in the interest of saving my marriage, I am taking some of what worked for us with low carb (we ate a lot because I kept tons of 'safe' things on hand) and Jenny Craig (there was a plan. Every day. Just follow the plan. Do not question the plan. The plan knows all. Be one with the plan) and making a kind of template for our days with a few switch outs and lists.

It appeals to my inner list maker and the part of me that really thrives in a rut.

My goal for July is to get through the 270s and into the 260s. Be the plan. Be the plan. Be the plan.

Neast
07-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Official weigh in yesterday, down 2.2 for a total of 7.8 lbs.
I have noticed on the day after I strength train I weigh more. Craziness.

Anyone using myfitnesspal app? If so friend me. Neast

Good luck 98. My hubby won't diet at all. It's all good, I sneak in stuff like ground turkey for ground meat. ;) shhhh don't tell.

Texas, I'll join you with 10 lbs in July. It will be hard for me too cause I'm going to D.C. In a few weeks.

Good Luck Everyone!

ALEKS
07-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Neast - That's the right attitude! And yes, my weight bounces around as I strength train as well!

TexasYankee - You're doing fantastic! :) I hate my scale, it does the same thing to me...I have to weigh 3 times to make sure I get the right number! And, thank you! :)

98DaysofSummer - oooh that's a toughie! He wants all the hard work done for him!! :) I wish you the best of luck!!

My 270 stayed away and I hit 266 this morning. however...I got food poisoning yesterday..I was SOOO sick..and even today, all I managed to eat was oatmeal and even that left me queasy..sooo a bit of ANOTHER write off day. *sigh* I hope this doesn't turn bad for me next Monday!! Lesson: Don't eat out! :P

Texas Yankee
07-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Neast - I've read that when you work your muscles, they hold onto water as they repair the small tears (which is a good thing.) I'm not on myfitnesspal. I use Loseit! on my phone. I'm thinking of switching over, though, because so many people use MFP. Let's tackle those 10 lbs!

98 Days - my partner is the SAME way. I just tell her to stop asking questions and eat what I tell her too! She says "I want to go low carb" and then two hours later says "what's a carb?" LOL!

ALEKS - 266 is great! I'm sure you are so glad to be out of the 270s officially. But I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Food poisoning is the worst.

I stayed at 276 this morning, but I weighed later than usual. My Mother In Law is visiting and the woman drives me bonkers! I am trying very hard to encourage eating at home instead of restaurants but then she complains about what I make! Tonight I made chicken enchiladas in whole wheat tortillas, brown rice and roasted broccoli. It's going to be a long week! LOL!

asharksrevenge
07-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Texas Yankee-- your chicken enchiladas sound delicious! How did they turn out?

I've been hovering at 288-291 for a week now and I am really frustrated. I ate on plan every day and have exercised 30 minutes daily for three or four days now. It's my TOM so it's possible that I am simply retaining water and may get a great whoosh soon, but I am so darned impatient for the scale to move down! I know that this is a long haul and a permanent life change, but I can't help but want to see some results in the beginning.

At least the weather in the evenings isn't bad--not even in the 90's anymore, with a cool breeze. Great walking weather.

OhMyDogs
07-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Well, I have been through this set of numbers once before...lost interest in losing weight, went into "last supper" mode for quite a while (meaning I ate everything I wanted like I was never going to be able to have it again), and now get to journey through this set of numbers again.

But I think I am approaching it with a different mentality...more of a lifestyle change, as opposed to a "diet".

So here I am at 278...probably won't get an accurate weigh in number for 2 weeks, since I am currently on a week's worth of prednisone, and then it will be TOM, so I promise not to take any negative numbers to heart.

Neast
07-03-2012, 09:48 PM
I bought a new scale today. It weighs 1 lb. higher than my old one. This weeks weigh in will be a little off but after that m good.

Texas good luck with the mother in law. ;)
Aleks-hope you feel better
Shark- you will get there. Slow and steady.
Ohmy- you can do it!

Y'all have a great holiday!

98DaysOfSummer
07-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Had a good, on plan (our totally made up works for us calorie counting/avoid fake food sort of plan). No one went nuts, no on lost her temper (e-hem). Everyone is still smiling.

I am supposed to go to the farmers market tomorrow with a friend. Not super dedicated to the idea as it's hot AND the Wed. one is a lot more "prepared food" than the Saturday one. Just give me some local honey and good tomatoes and leave me alone. Next year I am so having a garden.

Neast! Congrats on your loss!

Aleks, I do hope you feel better! Take care!

Texas, your cooking sounds delicious. If your MIL isn't interested, invite me! Also, isn't roasted broccoli about the best thing ever? The first time I had it I thought, ok, I have just been doing broccoli all wrong. This is what it's about! We had it tonight, in fact.

Shark, I always want to see results NOW. I've been so tempted by Medifast mostly because of the fast results. Hang in there. TOM can work evil scale voodoo - but those pounds won't last, they'll be gone soon!

OMD, that's a good attitude. Do your best and it will all come right in the end. TOM and prednisone are a tough combo but you can do it.

I am off to look for inspiration on Pinterest. If you find the sight of perfect 18 year old abs depressing, skip this. But if you can weed through that to the positive stuff, it's great.

Also, someone sell me on this whole "green smoothie" thing. I keep reading that you can cram four cups of spinach in a blender with a banana, some yogurt, and some frozen berries, and really, you'll never taste the spinach! I find this hard to believe. Thoughts?

CanadianCutie
07-04-2012, 09:39 AM
271.2 this morning. I'm doing it slow and steady, but that is what works for me. How is everyone else doing?

OhMyDogs
07-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Also, someone sell me on this whole "green smoothie" thing. I keep reading that you can cram four cups of spinach in a blender with a banana, some yogurt, and some frozen berries, and really, you'll never taste the spinach! I find this hard to believe. Thoughts?

OK, so I can't tell you if you can taste 4 cups of spinach in a smoothie, but what I can tell you is this. I made a banana/berry smoothie (added low fat/low cal yogurt and a wee bit of milk) and tossed in a couple of leaves of kale, and I SWEAR you could not taste the kale. I offered some to my girls...one will try anything and one is very picky...they couldn't taste it either (even though they knew it was there) and my picky girl even asked if I could make one just for them (I did). So I am not sure about 4 cups...but you could for sure add SOME (fresh) spinach, and not taste it! Try it! What's the worst that can happen?

98DaysOfSummer
07-04-2012, 10:19 PM
CC, I can't WAIT to see 271! Congrats!

Dogs, I'm just going to have to try it, you're right. I never know how to process kale and from what I understand, there's a lot of washing and blanching involved before you can eat it at all? Is that true? I'd like to try the kale chips everyone's been so crazy for the last few years, while we're on the subject.

I LOVE spinach but I can't get my head around drinking it. With berries (I do NOT like fruit in my salads. Yes, I know this makes me peculiar). But you're right, I might as well try it and see what happens. My daughter refuses to eat it...she's tried it. She'll TRY it every time we have it, but that's as far as she's willing to go. She likes smoothies so if I can sneak in some green with her blueberries, that would be great.

Total mishap at Starbucks today. Tried to go to the farmers market and - duh - closed for the 4th. My friend and I went to Starbucks instead. I LOVE their shaken Tazo Passion tea, unsweetened. It is so good. SO good. Zero calories, no artificial sweetener and it's pink. Today I had finished about half and I kept thinking...this just doesn't taste right. Something is weird here. Why is it too sweet...dun dun dun! SWEET! They gave me the sweetened version :o and it wasn't even good :p I always get the 32 oz so if I had finished it, it would have been 140 calories. Now, in my life what is 140 calories REALLY? But I am still so :mad::mad::mad: about those stupid 140 calories. Truly, I am nuts. But also hungry and I keep thinking...that's two pieces of string cheese! That's a banana and a half! A fairly large apple! :mad::mad::mad:

Happy 4th!

98DaysOfSummer
07-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Going to the doctor this morning, wish me luck. I have been on BP meds for a few years but when my prescription ran out a few months ago, I flaked on finding a new doctor. After the first few calls and being told either no new patients or no new patient appointments till next month - I sort of just quit trying. Which was stupid. I KNOW high BP is no joke. I decided yesterday that today I am seeing someone if I have to go to a walk in clinic and maybe they can recommend a new doctor for the long term? Or at least I can get a prescription for a month to hold me till I get an appointment.

We have moved several times in the last few years and RIGHT before (I mean, the WEEK before our house went under contract) we moved last time, I found a fantastic family doctor and OB/GYN. It's really too far to drive, but I'm tempted. Both doctors were friendly but not creepy, open to questions, easy to talk to, and the GYN apt wasn't HORRIBLE. It wasn't fun, but I've certainly had worse.

So I'm off to find new local doctors and see any random doc I can find as a walk in patient. There's a clinic close to us but the last time I took my daughter there for a sinus infection (after school, high fever, ped an hour away), all he wanted to talk about was her weight (she had started a new med which made her gain weight, thanks for pointing it out, Dr. Jerk). So yeah, no. Won't be seeing him.

I haaaaate going to do the doctor. HATE IT.

geoblewis
07-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Hey chicks. I'm Georgia and I've been on the broader forum for getting out of the 200s for awhile. I love getting all the community support I can get, so I'm joining in here until I'm out of the 270s.

I'm not officially a consistent member of this group since my weight keeps fluctuating between 288 and 292. But when I was breaking past 300 lbs, I found it helpful to identify with the 290s. And eventually, I had both feet in there! Hoping to keep that up by visiting here too.

I'm recently returned from a lovely month-long UK holiday (where I lost more weight!) and I'm struggling to fully re-enter daily life and the routine. It was a REALLY lovely holiday from all my daily distractions and responsibilities. I can't seem to wrap my head around being back home and resuming the role of mother, business owner, homeowner, dog owner, exercise and diet enthusiast.

What I have achieved since returning is getting back into my exercise routine. Sort of. I injured my ankle during my trip and I'm having to stay off it as much as possible. Icing and taking ibuprofen to deal with the pain. Probably have to stay off it for a couple more weeks. I just took a gentle walk last night to nearby spot to view the holiday fireworks. Probably no more than a quarter mile in total. But today, my ankle and heel are experiencing renewed pain. It's a tendonitis/plantar fasciitis thing. I bought a brace to wear plus I'm doing some stretching and toe pointing in my Pilates class, plus rolling on a tennis ball at home (when my dog lets me have it!).

Actually, everything is sore today because I'm still suffering DOMS since Tuesday's workout in Pilates class and the upper body weight training I did before class. I don't mind DOMS so much any more. It just reminds me that I worked! I love that I can see the muscles in my shoulders and arms slowly emerge. I can feel my triceps now. Wish I could see them! By the time I get down to goal weight, I'll have a lovely muscular physique waiting for me.

Where I'm experiencing failure is the diet. I am struggling to cut the carbs. I was eating really low carb before my trip (like 25 to 30 gm a day), but since returning, I can't seem to keep it below 70 gm and have even popped up to 150 gm a few days. I am not supposed to eat like that! I'm a type 2 diabetic and I'm trying to control my blood sugar with diet and exercise. My pancreas is happiest at the lowest level of carbs, and when I eat like that, the weight does melt away faster.

I'm going to take the weekend to do some fasting and try to get my head in the diet again. Holiday is done and the last of the potato chips and potato salad will be gone. No alcohol-drinking events scheduled for a few weeks. Lots of veggies in the refrigerator.

The game is on!

spinderella
07-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Well back from vacation... down 2 more pounds! Which is a bit of a miracle I think considering how awful I ate during those weeks, I guess spending at least 4 hours swimming a day kept things in check. lol.

Neast
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Hey all! It felt good to get back in the gym today. Yesterday was a bad eat day, today was better.

Hope all is well!

Texas Yankee
07-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Hi all! My visiting in-laws are driving me bonkers!! But I've manged to stay on plan pretty well during the week. We had a birthday celebration for my daughter tonight and I skipped the cupcakes and ice cream, and the ciabatta during dinner. I am really hoping to lose 2lbs this week, but it is so hard with house guests. And they make me want to stuff my face because they irritate me so much. I'm trying to escape upstairs with a book instead of heading to the pantry.

spinderella - that's amazing that you lose two pounds on vacation. Great job!

Neast - yesterday is gone, today's a new day.

Georgia - welcome! Good luck getting back on the low-carb track! I try to eat low-ish carbs but I consider it a good day if it is about 125. I like fruit. And beer. :D

98 days - I hate going to the doctor too. And then I found one that I like and she moved!! But I got an appointment right before she left so I don't have to figure it out for a year. I hope you find yourself a good one!

Canadian - Slow and steady!!

CanadianCutie
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Texas Yankee - Good luck with the in-laws. Sounds like you're doing well.
Neast - Here's to another good day tomorrow.
98 - I hope the doctor went well.
Spin - I hope hope you had fun on your vacation.

98DaysOfSummer
07-06-2012, 09:59 AM
279! WOOT! Now roll on, 260s!

Texas - good luck with the in laws. Mine haven't visited in a while (they live in another country), and it was fine when they did (all seven of them for ten days!) but just having other people in your space for an extended time throws everything off.

Neast, hope today is another good one!

Spinderella, who loses two pounds on vaca? That's fantastic!

Georgia, it's so hard to get back into real life after a nice, long vacation. Or at least, I think it must be - it's been a while since I had one. That's so fantastic that you're working out. I can't seem to get started.

I don't know why I'm so sleepy. I want to find a quiet spot and nap but I've promised my daughter we're going to see Brave today.

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend?

Neast
07-06-2012, 09:34 PM
So I weigh in tomorrow. However, I don't think I lost anything this week. Think it's because I strength trained 3 times this week? How long before I start dropping. Except for Wed. I have Stayed within my calories. Help!

98DaysOfSummer
07-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Neast, what's your calorie range? Do you weigh and measure? When I stop losing, I sometimes go back to weighing and measuring and often find there's been a fair bit of "creep" in my "estimates." I just CAN NOT eyeball things.

I also have to REALLY REALLY watch salt, especially in this hot weather. Heat + salt = sausage fingers for me.

geoblewis
07-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I also have to REALLY REALLY watch salt, especially in this hot weather. Heat + salt = sausage fingers for me.

THIS!! For my ankles and feet too! It's horrible! I've gained 9 lbs in the last two days since the temperatures started getting into the upper 90s. That has officially kicked me out of this group! :mad: Yesterday I spent the day drinking extra water, taking dandelion pills and elevating my feet. The swelling went down a little overnight, but not that much. I'm just going to be a cranky bloated mess for the week until my body adjusts to the higher temps.

I'm sticking around...I have goals and ambitions about getting kicked out of this group, but on the other side of this weight class!

Wishing everyone a well-hydrated weekend.

98DaysOfSummer
07-09-2012, 01:14 PM
As for getting kicked out - I'm not the boss of anything (except my husband, and he knows it!) but there's another group called "getting out of the 280s" or something similar and they've been together forEVER. They're probably all over the place weight-wise by now but I don't think anyone's going to insist anyone else leave on either end of the spectrum!

Also, have you tried Peach Detox Yogi Tea? Target has it, I'm sure other places do as well. It isn't tasty but in the hot months or when we go to the beach (yes, even standing in salt water seems to make me retain fluid. I am a freak. Behold the freak!), I drink it regularly. I'm not a doctor or anything so do your homework, but it helps me deal with the excess fluid.

Texas Yankee
07-09-2012, 03:14 PM
I survived the week of in-laws, but just barely! And my house still reeks of cheap perfume but it's too hot to air it out.

I only lost .6 lbs. while they were here even though I stayed under my calories for the week. I did have one bad afternoon/evening when I felt like it wasn't working anyway so I just said screw it and had a margarita and a beer and chips and creamy jalepeno and popcorn. But I got back on plan the next day. My weight this morning was 274.4. I was hoping to be down by 274 by this past Sunday's weigh-in but I was happy with 274.4 today. I leave for NY at the end of July and I'd really like to be 268 by then. I have three weeks!

As you talk about salt, I am sitting here eating a bowl of cucumbers in vinegar and salting every bite. I've ate it like that since I was a kid. I just love vinegar and salt!

The weather hasn't been so bad here - just in the high 90s. Which sounds really hot but it's pretty good that it is less than 100. I've even been able to walk the dog at night, without the pavement burning his feet.

Keep it up!!

geoblewis
07-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Salt doesn't really bother me when I'm just salting food as I eat. It was much worse when I ate processed food. I think it was the combination of sodium and sugar and other chemicals.

I am doing better today. Went to Pilates class and worked out my weekend kinks. :D

nikkster
07-10-2012, 03:07 AM
Hello all!

I'm trying to get back in the zone of weight loss. I've lost 50 pounds a year ago, but some how lost the drive of continuing and fortunately haven't gained it back. Now I've been eating fairly healthy throughout, but not really working out. Being a teacher on my feet all day has helped, but now it's summer and I kept thinking how great it would be to have all the time in the world to dedicate to ME, but it's been a month now and I probably work out 2 times a week on average. Whats hurting me is worry, stress and anxiety. Which is all due to job searching for a teaching job next school year. I keep telling myself to leave it be, relax and whatever happens it'll be OK. I have substituting to fall back on either way and it's not like I have a family to support or a house mortgage. I just feel a lot of guilt and disappointment that I can't help my boyfriend more financially since we live together.

So I've come here to get a little accountability in and get any support possible. Before I wasted a month, I had planned to loose 40 pounds by Sept...but now I'm thinking 30. As of right now I'm wearing a size 22 on bottom and 1x 18/20 on top. My first goal to where I believe I'll be content at is to fit in a size 18/20 on the bottom. I'm hoping 30-40lbs will get me there, but funny to think when I was 240-250 back in high school I was wearing a 22/24 on the bottom and its the "same" size I'm in now.

Its 2am now its only been last night and tonight I've been up way past my bedtime. I'd like to go gym around 9-10am so we'll see. I also need to hit up Sprouts for this weeks veggie & fruit load.

CanadianCutie
07-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Texas: Yay on your weigh in.

My official weigh in is tomorrow, but today I was at 270 right on. Yay!

Burg
07-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Woohoo! Congrats on 270!

I'm going to officially check in here now for the next 20...make myself comfortable and whatnot!

jenicra
07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Lurker here just wanted to say you all are doing so great! I'm on track for joining y'all by the end of the month - can't wait!

CanadianCutie
07-12-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm finally comfortable enough that I'm staying in the 260s (I weighed in at 268.6 this morning after being at 270 for the past 3 days) that I'm going to bow out of this forum and down to the next bracket. I will miss you guys. Good luck.

erinmarie312
07-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Wow! So glad this group is still up and running! And with more people to connect with! I was MIA for awhile, couldn't workout cos I needed an inhaler, but getting one next week! I have an app downloaded on tablet that works similar to weight watchers, so that shoukd be helpful, really liked weight watchers when I was on it. My sisters wedding is in March so I have 6 months to loose so I can be sexy as **** in my dress, lol.

erinmarie312
07-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the group! I would say just relax and make sure you get workouts in, I feel MUCH more relax after a good kick *** workout you know? I am going to try to keep up my routine and not stray like I have done in the past. I keep telling myself, wow, if I would have just kept on this weight loss journey, by now, I would have been at my goal! Good luck!

Hello all!

I'm trying to get back in the zone of weight loss. I've lost 50 pounds a year ago, but some how lost the drive of continuing and fortunately haven't gained it back. Now I've been eating fairly healthy throughout, but not really working out. Being a teacher on my feet all day has helped, but now it's summer and I kept thinking how great it would be to have all the time in the world to dedicate to ME, but it's been a month now and I probably work out 2 times a week on average. Whats hurting me is worry, stress and anxiety. Which is all due to job searching for a teaching job next school year. I keep telling myself to leave it be, relax and whatever happens it'll be OK. I have substituting to fall back on either way and it's not like I have a family to support or a house mortgage. I just feel a lot of guilt and disappointment that I can't help my boyfriend more financially since we live together.

So I've come here to get a little accountability in and get any support possible. Before I wasted a month, I had planned to loose 40 pounds by Sept...but now I'm thinking 30. As of right now I'm wearing a size 22 on bottom and 1x 18/20 on top. My first goal to where I believe I'll be content at is to fit in a size 18/20 on the bottom. I'm hoping 30-40lbs will get me there, but funny to think when I was 240-250 back in high school I was wearing a 22/24 on the bottom and its the "same" size I'm in now.

Its 2am now its only been last night and tonight I've been up way past my bedtime. I'd like to go gym around 9-10am so we'll see. I also need to hit up Sprouts for this weeks veggie & fruit load.

erinmarie312
07-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Welcome!!

Woohoo! Congrats on 270!

I'm going to officially check in here now for the next 20...make myself comfortable and whatnot!

nikkster
07-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Wow! So glad this group is still up and running! And with more people to connect with! I was MIA for awhile, couldn't workout cos I needed an inhaler, but getting one next week! I have an app downloaded on tablet that works similar to weight watchers, so that shoukd be helpful, really liked weight watchers when I was on it. My sisters wedding is in March so I have 6 months to loose so I can be sexy as **** in my dress, lol.

I've actually kept up with eating well and working out for a week and can feel a difference already. This keeps me eager and motivated to keep it up!

Weddings and dresses are fun! The reason I lost my first 50lbs was to walk across the stage at my college grad the same weight I started. Now I just want to be a healthier teacher and have a reason to get more clothes. It's so hard for me to see cute plus size clothes and tell myself no. I told myself no more until at least another 40-50 are gone...or if my pants are way too big even with a belt.

erinmarie312
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
So went to get actual work pants since I was sick of wearing my maternity pants, and went to grab a size 20 hoping to god I fit in them. Nope. Wearing a fricking size 22! I was finally back into my 18's before I got pregnant, and now this!? I know I just had a baby and all that jazz, but it's seriously depressing!! Now I have to drop two pant sizes to get back to where I was! Just fustrated, uggghh!!!!

erinmarie312
07-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Yea, I know what you mean. The other day the boyfriend went to Taco Bell (gee wonder why I am in a size 22) and I just felt soooooo sick after eating it. Just like a nauseous feeling because its just so gross and processed. I was eating so well before pregnancy and really during except for a few cravings of course, but our last couple of weeks we have slipped and haven't gone grocery shopping. No more though. Good idea with the clothes, I was doing that too.

I've actually kept up with eating well and working out for a week and can feel a difference already. This keeps me eager and motivated to keep it up!

Weddings and dresses are fun! The reason I lost my first 50lbs was to walk across the stage at my college grad the same weight I started. Now I just want to be a healthier teacher and have a reason to get more clothes. It's so hard for me to see cute plus size clothes and tell myself no. I told myself no more until at least another 40-50 are gone...or if my pants are way too big even with a belt.

Dragonfly33
07-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I would like to join! I am officially at 283lbs this morning. I started at 290.2lbs 2 weeks ago.

My first big goal is to get to 240lbs so I can buy a bicycle and also my trainer wants me to try running.....I am not comfortable doing that yet but I am slowly working my way there. My husband would like to run a marathon with me in the spring so I hope I can be at leat at 200lbs when that happens.

sept2012
07-17-2012, 11:13 AM
I said goodbye to 280 this morning. Coming in at 279.2. I want to say good by to the 270's ASAP (ok with in the next two weeks)

erinmarie312
07-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Welcome! Kudos to you with running, my knees are so bad I don't even imagine myself running!

I would like to join! I am officially at 283lbs this morning. I started at 290.2lbs 2 weeks ago.

My first big goal is to get to 240lbs so I can buy a bicycle and also my trainer wants me to try running.....I am not comfortable doing that yet but I am slowly working my way there. My husband would like to run a marathon with me in the spring so I hope I can be at leat at 200lbs when that happens.

erinmarie312
07-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Woohoo!

I said goodbye to 280 this morning. Coming in at 279.2. I want to say good by to the 270's ASAP (ok with in the next two weeks)

MrsN2Be
07-18-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm so close ... to the 270's ... Congrats to everyone & thank you for inspiring me.

98DaysOfSummer
07-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Hi! I am sooo far behind. I have been kind of struggling for a bit and I hate to dump all that negative on people because sometimes it can be contagious. I just had a few weeks of - why even try, I've been fighting this for SO LONG, I don't believe anything will ever change. When I first joined 3fc, way back a million years ago with a different name (email address long lost in the mists of time), I was 230 and HORRIFIED that I had let myself get so out of control. I have "dieted" myself up to nearly 300 pounds. What. The. WHAT now???

I have done a huge amount of damage to myself as I gained most of it pretty quickly, got pregnant and gained even more, then lost a lot quickly, and then let it creep back up. I am not going to lose weight and find a 25 year old body under here. Most of the time I just don't think about it, but when I do consider that even if I work very hard, I'm still going to be 40 something (next year) and not even a well maintained 40 something. I try not to even THINK about that kind of thing because what can you do? AND OF COURSE being a healthier 40 something will look and feel a million times better than where I am now. Sometimes I just get very depressed about things I can't change.

BUT, I'm moving past that and getting back in the game. I can pretty much chose to be the best I can be, or settle into being the worst so in the end it's really no contest.

mystyblue85
07-22-2012, 05:25 PM
i have disappeared for a whileand i have found myself up to 291 again.
blah.
so, going to jump back on the bandwagon and hope to be back in the 280s by this time next week.
congrats to all of you who have continued on the right path and are losing the weight. **WELCOME** to all of you joining the thread!
We can do this!

geoblewis
07-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Mysty, I've been bouncing between 288 and 294 for a few weeks now. It's how my body behaves as I lose weight. It's very frustrating when I see how others can lose at a steady downward trend. Losing a pound is such a struggle for me. And losing the next pound seems to be an elusive goal. Then suddenly, over the course of a few days, the planets align (or I'm strictly working the plan for a week or two) and a few pounds drop off. So I record my new low and hit a wall of resistance again.

Mostly, for me, I see that I lose focus too easily. Despite being totally on track today, it's late afternoon and my desire to eat all the wrong things really peaks around now. And I'm going out with some friends for a non-food activity (getting massages) and I'm already thinking about what I'm going to sneak off and eat later on. Logically, I don't want to do that. I really don't. I have a long list of reasons not to, but I can already "smell" what I want to eat. That's the food addiction talking to me, isn't it.

Okay, so I know what's going to happen later today, after the massage. Maybe I'll just be too tired and get distracted from it all. Just go straight to bed.

*sigh*

jenicra
07-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Pulling this thread back up because I get to join all of you after this week's weigh-in: 289.4! Very excited to see the 280s but even more excited to get through them! Especially because once I get to the 270s, I will be down 10% from my original starting weight.

Dragonfly33
07-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Moving slowly downward, I hope to be out of the 270's by the end of the month....wishful thinking I know! :D

jenicra
07-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Moving slow, moving fast, either way, it's moving!

I was down to 287.8 this morning!

jenicra
07-29-2012, 05:25 PM
The weight's been falling off this week (funny how that works when you stay 100% OP and add in some good exercise too). I was 286 this morning, with tomorrow morning being the official weekly weigh-in.

geoblewis
07-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Jen, I joined a challenge with three online friends, all about staying consistent with our personal fitness goals. Yes, staying 100% does bring success and movement on the scale in the right direction. I am wondering why it takes me so much mental energy to achieve that!

I keep bumping into 290 and then popping back up. I'm hoping my three-week challenge will help me get both my feet firmly in this group again.

sept2012
07-30-2012, 08:39 AM
277.1 this morning. that means the 260's are coming soon. So exciting so see the scale move again for me. only 2 lbs since last post but I was stuck for a little bit. come on 269 and holy crap.... my bmi was 40.92. I am .92 away from going from morid to just obsese. :) that is inspiring

98DaysOfSummer
07-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Sorry I sort of fell off the map for a while! I have been inundated with little girls for the past few weeks which is fun, but not especially conducive to sitting down and typing anything that makes any sense at all!

I don't even know what my weight is right now but I assume it's about the same. I will weigh tomorrow morning when I'm not full of diet coke and green smoothie.

Everyone have a great week!

Dragonfly33
07-30-2012, 12:41 PM
My weight on Saturday at the gym was 277.8lbs. I was weighing myself but I know my scale was off so I am only going to count my weight loss using the scale at the gym. So I officially lost 13lbs in 23 days :) and lost 3% body fat. I won't be out of the 270's this week but I am quite happy with my success so far.

Gardenwife
07-31-2012, 03:28 AM
I'm finally back down in the 260's. Finally!

spinderella
08-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Congrats Gardenwife!

The summer heat needs to go away, like now. I have no AC or central air in my place, and pretty much relied on the cool summer nights to work out.

All the humid hot nights, no exercise for a few weeks.. and I gained 4 friggin pounds. So disappointed. Time to get that darn scale moving down again. Maybe I will have to start working out at 4-5 in the morning when the weather is at it's coolest. Hah!

I've also been really bad with my water intake too, so that's more than likely part of it.

LuvMyMr
08-01-2012, 12:55 AM
I am finally in my 280s. I have plans to be in my 270 within the next few weeks. I am so happy for that. Hubby and I went shopping today and picked up my food and water. I am all packed and ready to go! :)

jenicra
08-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the thread, LuvMyMr!

I've been bobbing around 286.something all week. Blah, probably I haven't made the best choices in food, even though I've been within my points range. Tried to make better choices yesterday and today so hopefully I'll see a drop soon!

jenicra
08-03-2012, 12:25 PM
There's my woosh - 283.6 this morning!

sept2012
08-03-2012, 01:44 PM
There's my woosh - 283.6 this morning!

YAY! Thats so exciting - keep up the good work 279 is so close!

Burg
08-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Goooood Morning 270s! Woohoo! Next up, 260s!

jenicra
08-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Awesome Burg!

I saw 282.6 this morning!

sept2012
08-09-2012, 11:20 AM
275.1 this morning. So close to getting out of the 270's I can taste it! yeehaa! :bravo:

jenicra
08-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Checking in at 282.8 and working towards another whoosh!

loganandlivsmom
08-10-2012, 09:43 AM
hi everyone!
I would like to jump in here!
I weigh 288 so I will be on this thread a while, but these goals keep me motivated, it seems the more I post the better I do! :)

good luck to us all!

sept2012
08-10-2012, 11:37 AM
:devil:274.5 this morning. I am rolling into the 260's soon!

sept2012
08-11-2012, 08:04 AM
273.4. Wow what a difference a week makes. I guess my body was just readjusting after TOM. 3.5 lbs till 269.9 cant wait to see that number on the scale!

jenicra
08-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Whoa sept2012, you're on a roll!

I hit exactly 25 lbs. down this morning. 281.6! I'm coming for ya, 270s!

Lisabean
08-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Congratulations on your weight loss!

sept2012
08-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Whoa sept2012, you're on a roll!

I hit exactly 25 lbs. down this morning. 281.6! I'm coming for ya, 270s!

YaY! There is nothing like being stuck for a little while and then seeing that scale start to move again. Congrats on the 25lbs! That is not small feat!

JO

sept2012
08-13-2012, 09:35 AM
272.0 this am. Who is going to the 250's-260's group with me this week?

jenicra
08-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Holding steady (or a little up) still... need to squeeze in more activity I guess. I want to get to the next decade!!!

sept2012
08-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Darnit! Just cause I said I was going this week... I have not moved on the scale. come on 269.9 just show me your face...

Burg
08-16-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm with you guys! Stuck, stuck, stuck. Lost some inches though, so hoping for a whoosh!

Burg
08-17-2012, 10:43 AM
:D :D :D
The whoosh fairy came last night! Fiiiinally. I mean, it was only a week, but it felt like foreveeeer.

jenicra
08-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Gah, I'm still bouncing around the same 1 lb. (day 10). Hate it!

nikkster
08-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Loosing more inches than pounds...my clothes are becoming looser and need a belt on my pants! Not working out as much as I like since I'm trying to get use to working and adding in time to workout.

I got my first teaching job!! So excited and I've been so busy getting ready for the 1st day. From trainings, classroom set up to finding my teacher look. I want to be confident and I can't be if I don't feel it in my loose hanging clothes! So Ive had to buy more clothes even though I didn't want to before I lost more weight, but my tops are a tiny bit snug so they can fit me better when I do loose weight, but still look fit me appropriately.

It's my goal to look like a different teacher at the end of the school year. Yay :)

sept2012
08-19-2012, 08:11 AM
1.6 lbs to get out of the 270 jeezus! amazing how hard somethings can be!

LebenAlles
08-20-2012, 09:12 AM
It's good to know that the 270's has been a pain in the arse for more people than just me. It really is trying to do me in. I think I might passout when I finally see 269...seriously...

sept2012
08-20-2012, 09:51 AM
It's good to know that the 270's has been a pain in the arse for more people than just me. It really is trying to do me in. I think I might passout when I finally see 269...seriously...

NO @#$%! Everyday I wake up and pray to the scale gods... Lets me see 269. WTF!!!! I had to go back today and do an overrall picture of August so far though so I didn't get too down on myself. 6LBS in August and there are 2 weeks left to go so I don't feel so bad, but yes I want to see 269.9 this week!

Nori71
08-20-2012, 11:25 PM
I think I "fit" into this group well. Are most of you setting mini goals? I am just getting going again. Counting calories, focusing on clean eating, whole foods and no packaged stuff. I cannot be this fat next summer. I just got home from vacation and I'm pretty determined that I will wear a bathing suit next summer - I don't care that I will not be "perfect", but I just want to enjoy the water and swim with my kids.

jenicra
08-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Still sore from this weekend's backpacking excursion, but weighing in at 280.4 - the next decade is so close I can taste it!

Burg
08-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Welcome welcome Nori! I think mentally I have some mini goals, but on record I just have one big fat(thin?) goal.

jenicra
08-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Nori - I definitely have mini goals - it helps keep me motivated to have small successes along the way. FWIW, I think you should get out there and swim with your kids THIS summer, wearing whatever you feel most comfortable in.

LebenAlles
08-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Seems like every time I make mini goals, I don't meet them and get really discouraged. I guess it really depends on the person. BUT, I guess you can count getting out of the 270's a mini goal. Seems like a supersized goal at the moment though, ha.

jenicra
08-22-2012, 11:04 AM
LebenAlles - for me, I try really, really hard not to set "timeline" based mini-goals, otherwise I too can get disappointed. I'm not always successful, but at least I'm better at setting very realistic ones now.

jenicra
08-22-2012, 11:41 AM
279.8!!!

Burg
08-22-2012, 11:57 AM
:D Congrats!!!

sept2012
08-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Finally hit 269 this am! I am outta here! See you all in the 250-260's

Burg
08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Woohoooo! See ya soon!

jenicra
08-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Yay sept - see you there in the fall!

I'm down again to 278.2.

sept2012
08-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Woohoooo! See ya soon!

VERY SOON!!!:smug:

sept2012
08-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Yay sept - see you there in the fall!

I'm down again to 278.2.

I'll look for YA!

jenicra
08-24-2012, 10:59 AM
I don't know what's going on, but I like it. I have been doing good exercise every day this week and eating just a few points above my target every day. I'm down to 276.8 this morning (wouldn't it be nice if it stuck around?)

Burg
08-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Well you did say you were stuck for a bit, right? Perhaps you have finally had a glorious whoosh!

jenicra
08-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Burg - I definitely was, so I'm very happy!

geoblewis
08-25-2012, 02:07 AM
Hey girls,

I have been bouncing in and out of here for weeks, but today I hit 286 lbs and I have NO INTENTION to EVER go back over 290! I am determined to push through to the next level by the end of the year.

I've been hanging out (online, through Facebook) with a few fitness friends and we've been doing brief challenges to help each other along. We keep to a calorie limit and make exercise goals and are accountable to each other. It's been fun to challenge each other daily to make our goals happen. It's not about the weight loss, but rather, sticking to the plan. I have lost the most weight, but I have the most to lose. They're all at the final tweaking stages. They are so accepting of me and my challenges and they cheer me on every day. It's been great!

One of my challenges is getting enough sleep. So, if I don't quit here, I'll lose points! G'night!

jenicra
08-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Georgia - sounds like you've got a great support group, how awesome is that!

I'm happy to report that I've met my mini-goal as of this morning: down to 275.8. Onward! Well, hopefully more of just staying the same for awhile. I'm not going to be counting too carefully in France, but I will be attempting to maintain.

Burg
08-26-2012, 11:33 AM
What a whoosh I had this morning! Bye everyone, and I hope to see you soon in the 260s. Have an amazing trip jenicra!

jenicra
08-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Whoa - nice work Burg! See you there in September!

I continue to creep down: 275.4 this morning.

sept2012
08-26-2012, 05:15 PM
What a whoosh I had this morning! Bye everyone, and I hope to see you soon in the 260s. Have an amazing trip jenicra!

Yay! Told you Id see you soon!

TikTokTrae
08-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Can I join in here? I was 290.0 last weigh in, so will be in the 280s this coming weigh in (probably there now). I really need people who are focused on health as I don't have that in my daily life right now.

jenicra
08-26-2012, 05:50 PM
TikTokTrae - absolutely!

jenicra
08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
My "official" weigh in for the week: 275.2, for a loss of 5.6 lbs. this week. I was overdue for a whoosh, but wow!

LebenAlles
08-28-2012, 08:39 AM
I started calorie counting this week instead of WW and it's already working! (270.1, down a pound since last weigh in) Maybe I'll make it out of the 270's by Sept 1st after all!

jenicra
08-28-2012, 02:13 PM
LebenAlles - you'll be outta here any second now, how awesome!

The scale continues to plummet and I'm lovin' it! Down to 273.8 this morning.

jjjumble
08-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Wow jenicra u have really been doing something awesome this wk! Seems like you have lost weight everytime u blink! lol

I'm joining with you guys! I have been 276 for a long time! Earlier this year I went from 281 to 274, but I've been maintaining 276 for a while. Hope exercising will get 6 lbs off pretty quick!

I think I may weigh-in twice a wk? Everyday flucuations kind of depress me !

jenicra
08-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Checking in this morning at 273 on the dot.

LebenAlles
08-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Thanks Jenicra....Today, I officially hit 269.8...Wooohoooo!!!! I know that's only .2 into the 260's but I'll take it. That's six long and ridiculous months gaining and losing the same 5-10 lbs, hanging out in the 270's like I was planning to be a lifetime member. But nope, no thanks.
Hang in there guys, you'll be outta here in no time and boy is it exciting! See you in the 260's!

jenicra
08-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Whoohoo LebenAlles - see you there in the fall (probably next month)!

After 10 days of dropping like it's going out of style, my scale/body finally had enough. I bounced back to yesterday's weight, 273.8. Interestingly enough, every single day over the past 10 days I've eaten over my WW points 3-14 points per day. Yesterday I ate exactly my allotment. Interesting.

jenicra
09-01-2012, 01:52 PM
My last check-in before vacation: 272.8. See you ladies in three weeks!

jjjumble
09-15-2012, 01:50 AM
I started Insanity! I'm loving it!

Right after I posted I was 276, I went up to 281... but it was bc it was TOM! So I'm now at 276/277. My pants are fitting looser in the waist bc I've been exercising for 2 1/2 weeks now!! Since I've been working out hard, I've probably gained a lil muscle causing me to be my original weight, yet clothing starting to get more loose. I'm excited to finally be committed to losing weight! I have a thyroid disease, but I'm not going to let that stop me!!

Tealblueocean
09-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Can I also join? I'm 278 lbs. A year and a half ago, I lost over 25 lbs due to surgery and taking care of myself. I ate 5 small meals a day and exercised. This year, my work required 11 hour days working and in training. I literally dropped into bed every night. I stressed ate and with no exercise am now am back to my pre-surgery weight. I still have to check up with my surgeon and feel like I've let him down gaining this weight back. I have two more check ups to go and would like a new life. I'm up for the challenge. :flow1:

jenicra
09-18-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm baaaack! Managed to lose 3.2 pounds from my last official weigh-in before vacation. Back to tracking today! 272 on the nose.

jenicra
09-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Good drop this morning - down to 270.2. I'll be outta here soon!!!

Rashomon
09-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Yesterday I was at 270.8, today 272.2. Granted, I didn't eat that great yesterday, but I'll make up for it today (and some of that may be water retention. God only knows that you have to drench campus food in salt to make it palatable. And this is freaking culinary school!).

Getting out of the 270s is my first hump to get over.

SheenaBeena
09-19-2012, 09:31 AM
I joined a way long time ago, but I am seriously focused on losing this weight forever this time!

Back in March I weighed 285,in June I reached 275 and have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds since then. I am currently 274. My excuse was all summer that it was extremely hot,and heat and me don't mix.

Fall is my favorite time of year and it's been chilly this whole week. And I think I've gotten out to do 15 mins of walking ONCE.

Somebody kick my butt for me please! I hate being so lazy!

It doesn't help that my husband has always been skinny,and eats crazy ridiculous amount of calories,if we have soda in our house he might go through 3 or 4 cans a day. I love soda but if it isn't in the house I don't drink it.

269 here I come!

jenicra
09-20-2012, 10:07 AM
And I'm outta here! See y'all soon!

Imato5
09-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Joining in! Scale said 288.8 today-yippee!!! I CANNOT wait to blow through the 280's and get to the 270's! The lowest I've ever been in my adult life is 275 so once I pass that it's going to be so cool. :)

Imato5
09-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Bumping up to see if anyone else is here. Lol.

Woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't fall back to sleep...so at 5:20 I decided to head to the gym and get my workout in before dh headed to work. Walked/ran on the treadmill for 40 minutes and I feel so good now. :) Very happy I went instead of going back to sleep. I've not really been able to exercise much the last month so I'm really excited to be back in it!

WindyCityChik
09-28-2012, 08:54 PM
This is my first post! I'm currently at 286, or at least I was last Saturday at my Weight Watcher's weigh in. Hoping for 285 at my weigh-in tomorrow, as I've behaved myself, and have hit the gym 3 times this week.

So nice to be among kindred spirits!

NYFLAgirl
09-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Hey guys! I'm here still at 285 and I'm hoping I'll be even less tomorrow morning for my official weigh in. I've had the flu since last week so today was the first time I've been to the gym in a while. My eating has been so so-I went from having no appetite last week to being RAVENOUS all week this week. Hoping to get to the 270s and beyond soon!!

Imato5
10-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Coming back even though I have no new updates. Been maintaining in the 286-288 range this last week. It's been crazy and I've not been losing like I would like to-I'm ready to get back at it though! I'll weigh in the morning and check back in!

How's everyone else doing?

LosersWin
10-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I weighed today and came in at 277. No more 280's for me! Can't wait til I see the middle number drop to a 6. I don't know about you guys, but it's a lot more encouraging seeing the change from that number, then just the last. A loss is a loss though!

98DaysOfSummer
10-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi! I don't know what happened to me, I just haven't been here in ages - since page 8 or so! I've been doing WW for about four weeks and I think Monday morning I'm going to hit 15 pounds even. I need to update my stats and ticker!

LosersWin
10-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Woo 15 pounds is awesome! Great job.. and it's always nice being able to change a ticker. I love my app on my phone that has the line going down. Very rewarding in my opinion!

charliefan
10-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Can I jump in? I've been doing WW, taking last month off, with my first official WI tomorrow. I'm down 45 lbs. and this mini goal is 20. If that 20 comes off before my 3 month subscription is up, I'll try to stay OP until my subscription is complete (the end of December).

econ nerd
10-09-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm in and hope to be moving through quickly! I hit my all time high of 291 this summer and something snapped. I have been working at my diet and exercise since mid August and am now down 14 pounds. This morning I hit 277 and since I have more careful started tracking my calories the scale is moving down some more. Looking forward to checking out the next thread in a while, and in the meantime I will enjoy the company here :D

Imato5
10-10-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm back! Good job everyone on your losses!!!

I've been in the midst of holidays (I'm Jewish and we just went through our busy holiday season) and I did not do so well with the eating. But, I'm ready to get back to good eating today. :) I don't know if I'll weigh, though-I'm scared I'll see something in the 290's. :( After a good day or two I'll weigh again.
I'm so excited to keep going on this! I've recently been able to wear some xl tops and I LOVE shopping in the "normal" sizes! Still a 20 on skirts so I need to keep going! I'd love to be a full 18 (or even 16??) by thanksgiving! :)

LosersWin
10-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Gained some weight this week.. but I'm hoping it's due to the monthly annoyance that is pending. Ugh. When it comes to losing weight, I wish I was a guy sometimes lol.

Imato5
10-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Mustered up the courage to weigh this morning: 288.8! I was so relieved! I really was afraid to see 292 or higher. That number (292) seems to be impossible to break. In the last 7 years I've only got below it once, and I held at 287-288 until I got pregnant. So, to get below this is going to be so amazing! :)

I want to be in the next thread by Thanksgiving!! Who's with me?

mrsvis
10-12-2012, 12:27 PM
hey all! i'm new to the forum and thought that this would be a good place to start. thanks for your posts...they give me the motivation i need.

mrsvis
10-15-2012, 04:56 PM
hi all! I'm sooo sore...Shaun T and his insanity are kicking my butt lol. but I'm enjoying it one day at a time is the only way I can do it. here's to having an op day!

Imato5
10-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Good job on the workouts mrsvis! I need to get back at it. Still hanging out at 287-288. *sigh* I've GOT to get back in this! I made a goal to be down to 268 by thanksgiving but that won't happen if I don't do this NOW!

Imato5
10-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Nothing new to report...just checking in. Anyone else still here? Anyone want to join me in a "Try to get to 269 by Thanksgiving" challenge? Lets do this!! :)

NYFLAgirl
10-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Hey Imato! I actually just came across this thread since I've been stuck in the 280s for a while now. I finally just got down to 278 and I'm hoping I'll lose more by the end of this week. I can't believe how frustrating its been at this weight!!

j43912
11-04-2012, 05:05 PM
This is where I belong! I weighed myself and I am 279.8! Ive been in 80s 90s for so long Im glad to be rid of them. Id love to be out of the 70s by thanksgiving! working hard! wish me luck!

ASaladandaDream
11-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Ive been fluctuating between 290 and 274 for the past few months b/c ive been on and off w/ motivation... back on the wagon! looking to leave the 270s behind by thanksgiving! ^_^

spinderella
11-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Ive been fluctuating between 290 and 274 for the past few months b/c ive been on and off w/ motivation... back on the wagon! looking to leave the 270s behind by thanksgiving! ^_^

Way to go!! You can do it! But I do know what you mean about being on & off, I have been fluctuating with this darn 7 pounds, and have been more "off" my motivation than on lately... and man is my body letting me have it. :o

I haven't done any sort of exercise at all these past few weeks, I (or should I say my mother's evil cat) injured my knee coming down the stairs, and it's put me in a exercise slump. I'm sure I will get too accustomed to laziness once again if I can't get my butt motivated to at least walking... soon!

Purplefirefly
11-10-2012, 10:37 PM
I hope you all do not mind me joining in here. I am in the 280s and looking forward to dropping into the 270s within the next couple of weeks. I have just recently refocused on weight loss, so I am still trying to work out a plan that will work for me this time around.

ASaladandaDream
11-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Sigh. Family came to visit over the weekend. We went to restaurants for every meal. I didn't pig out each time, but I definitely had some weak moments. And exercising was out of the window! Well - it was only one weekend, how much damage can there be? Back on plan and in the gym 2morrow morning!

Trying to brush it off and stay motivated! I want OUT of the 270s by thanksgiving!

ASaladandaDream
11-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Ive been fluctuating between the high 280s and low 270s for the past year! Im so close to 269 I can taste it. Then again, I've been off and on these past 2 weeks for my plan, but Im feeling rather light! Hopefully when I weigh in tomorrow I can kiss this forum goodbye!

ASaladandaDream
11-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Anyone still here to update? I hope all is well and Im sure youre all busy w/ the holidays. happy thanksgiving btw

ASaladandaDream
11-23-2012, 12:56 PM
270.8 this morning! Woohoo! The scale was so nice to me the day after Thanksgiving!

How are you all doing? How was your holiday?

Hopefully this is my last day or 2 in this thread! Yipee!!

trailerprincess13
11-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Well, I suppose I'll join. I swore I'd never get to 280 but here it is, staring me in the face. I'm not actually sure what my weight is right now, I haven't done a morning weigh for quite a while but I just weighed myself after the day and after dinner and it was not attractive. I'll have a better idea tomorrow of what I'm working with. Needless to say I'll be on this particular thread for quite a while.

ASaladandaDream
11-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Hey! No worries, I've been fluctuating between 270-280 for the past year! It's frustrating. Weighed 270.2 this morning but I slacked off today so I'm sure I'll be in this thread a bit longer.

We can keep each other company! haha. Im not going to stress about it, tomorrow is a new day!

CaptainAmburrrica
11-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi there I am at 286 right now. Weigh in is on Wednesday. My personal mini goal is to be out of the 270's by the end of the year.

Imato5
11-29-2012, 12:31 PM
AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!

I am getting SO frustrated and feeling SO discouraged!!! I've been back on plan this week, doing great, and I still can't get past 286. I even ate fewer cals yesterday just so that I could see 285 and still today 286.6. AAAHHHH! I feel like it's really impossible and I'll never, ever, EVER pass this stupid number! :(

Sorry to vent but I'm just so discouraged and frustrated. I know other people have lost lots of weight, but that's them. I've always been fat and lately I feel like I always will be. :(

Imato5
12-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I did it! Today I got on the scale and it said 282.6! WHAAAA-HOOOO! I'm very happy! :)

How is everyone else doing?

ASaladandaDream
12-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Wow! Great loss Imato5!! Sometimes you need a big whoosh!

Im back up to 270.2 today, and am eating pizza as I type this hah ^-^ I have a feeling Ill be in this thread a bit longer. I finally saw 269.6 yesterday and it helped me to stop stressing.

Ive been annoyed b/c Ive been fluctuating in the 270s all month. Now that I saw the number I feel better. I have to remind myself that it's not a race! If I stick to good eating (most of the time haha) and exercising it will come off!

Slashnl
12-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi everyone. I'd like to join all of you, if you don't mind! I've been around 3FC for a long time, but I've been away for awhile. It's been a rough year for my family and I just kind of gave up. Not a good choice, so I'm regrouping and getting back at it. I haven't officially weighed, but I'm pretty sure that I'm back at 286 or so. I had been down as low as 240......... but not now. I'm getting back to the gym, back to eating right and back to connecting at 3FC.

Here we go!

ASaladandaDream
12-05-2012, 04:21 PM
No worries Slashnl. I was away for most of the beginning of this year, but I'm back into the sing of things now. Welcome back! Keep us updated w/ what youre doing and let us know when you weigh in!

So... I've been kind of slacking w/ my diet for the last 2 days. Eating pizza and chipotle lol. For the record I stayed w/in calorie goal... pretty much. Ive kind of been avoiding the scale though. Yesterday I was 270.2 and today Im 270.4 .... this is not a good trend >_<

Jacque
12-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I suppose I belong here! (I'm looking for a place to fit in at least, after YEARS away and trying my best to stick to it this time!)

I was 280 at my WW weigh in yesterday - which means I've gained 10lbs since I last slipped off the plan. (But hey, 10 lbs in about six months? Not horrible - all things considered.) And I'm back now, that's what counts... right?

ASaladandaDream
12-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Cool Jacque! How do you like weight watchers? Ive been counting calories but Im thinkng of looking into ww!

So I just realized I lost 10lbs. that month. It didnt register w/ me until now haha. Im actually really proud of myself, especially since I don't think i gave it my "all" so I can do better this month. Anyways, Im looking to lose 120 lbs. If I kept up a pace of 10lbs. a month, I could be at goal (or close) in exactly a year! That's crazy to me!
I know it's a steep goal, but it's motivating to know what my timeline is

Slashnl
12-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Ok, made it back to the gym this morning for Spin class and I didn't die! It wasn't easy, but I didn't die! I have lost a lot of strength and stamina, but I didn't die! Day one - made it!!

I also weighed in. I didn't gain all of my weight back.... there is still the .4 lb that I kept off. :) Onward and downward!

Congrats Asaladandadream! Good job on the 10 lbs!

Slashnl
12-12-2012, 10:50 AM
On day 3 of going to the gym. Went to spin class Monday, Body Pump class on Tuesday, and then spin again today. I was a little sore today, but made it. Just trying to keep myself going until it becomes a habit.

How's everyone else doing???? It's a little quiet! Did you all move down to the 260's without me?? Ha! :)