Dieting with Obstacles - My period won't stop TMI

View Full Version : My period won't stop TMI

ElociN2392
06-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Hey everyone.
This may be tmi but I need some advice.
I started my weight loss journey on April 22. I got my period on May 5th and I still have it now.
It was like a normal period for me for a week and now it's just enough to annoy me. I just wear a thin pad but barely any blood goes on it, just when I wipe.
I've lost 15 pounds so far if that helps at all.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone. :)

seagirl
06-04-2012, 08:05 AM
This is the internet, call your doctor.
They can run tests on your hormones and blood tests and offer you real medical advice. Good luck!

ElociN2392
06-05-2012, 01:27 AM
To the person who sent me a message saying that I had cancer, thanks a lot. Not! You have no idea how badly you hurt me and how scared I was. I was beyond scared I was even beyond terrified. I hope you NEVER say that to anyone else ever again. Thanks for causing me to have an anxiety attack, it means a lot.
And by the way, having my "period" for this long is NORMAL because I'm losing so much weight my hormones are messed up.

amandie
06-05-2012, 02:21 AM
It could be so many things (switching/starting birth control, something with your ovaries and/or uterus like cysts or endometriosis, etc.) Not to scare you but if you can, I'd see a doctor just to be sure you don't have any issues or anything like that.

Something like that happened to me twice in my whole life. The first time, I bled for about 3 weeks and apparently miscarried. The second time, I was on the depo provera shot which totally screws up periods, nothing for a few months then I bleed for up to a month or so sorta pattern. Ugh, never again!