Old 06-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

Height: 5'5

Smile Questions about Ideal Protein

I am sorry if these are repeat questions, but I have spent alot of time searching for several questions on this website and it has taken some time. I decided to just ask some on this post, so please excuse the repeats.

1. When is the best time to have the "snack" for IP, afternoon or evening. I have been doing afternoon, but is 7:00pm to 8:30 am to long of a time not to have any protein in your system?

2. Do I need lettuce for lunch and supper? Can I go without? Or can my lettuce and vegi's be eaten throughout the day?

3. I am almost 3 weeks on IP and just started to do yoga and pilates. I have noticed that my weight has not changed much since the last weigh in last Tuesday, should I stop exercising?

4. Is sugar free gum/candy ok? I notice they have what is called sugar "alcohol" in them.

5. "Steamers" Vegtables in the frozen dept., broccolli, I notice has 2g of sugar...I am assuming I shouldn't have that? Do they all have sugars?

Thanks again so much for your time and feel free to answer any that would help me out.
Barb4640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Welcome!

1. When is the best time to have the "snack" for IP, afternoon or evening. I have been doing afternoon, but is 7:00pm to 8:30 am to long of a time not to have any protein in your system?
Anytime that's good for you is perfectly fine. But I know some people have theirs before bed and that way the extra carbs become readily available to use for energy in the morning. Dr. Tran explains more about this in his book and how having carbs later in the night is better for energy the next day.

2. Do I need lettuce for lunch and supper? Can I go without? Or can my lettuce and vegi's be eaten throughout the day?
The lettuce is not needed, some find it helps keep things "move along" and keep them full. The veggies can be with or without your meals. Some chomp on them during the day as a snack to keep cravings away.

3. I am almost 3 weeks on IP and just started to do yoga and pilates. I have noticed that my weight has not changed much since the last weigh in last Tuesday, should I stop exercising?
Exercising does not affect your weight loss, however it may help with the inches lost! Also it will help build those healthy habits for maintenance. Just make sure if you're doing strenuous activity that you supplement the calories lost with a protein packet!

4. Is sugar free gum/candy ok? I notice they have what is called sugar "alcohol" in them.
Some coaches don't recommend it. My coach said half a stick of sugar free gum per day is OK. Be careful with these extras!

5. "Steamers" Vegtables in the frozen dept., broccolli, I notice has 2g of sugar...I am assuming I shouldn't have that? Do they all have sugars?
Check the ingredients on the regular frozen veggies.. some veggies have natural sugars in them and that's impossible to avoid.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by CassiR; 06-03-2012 at 04:02 PM.
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/140/135

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Thanks you SO much for helping me out, appreciate it a ton. I think I often think over too much about things and get nervous that I am not doing it right, lol. I appreciate all the help and support!
Barb4640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Exercise is good, but not aerobic during Phase 1. They say that this diet is too restricted to safely provide the calories for aerobic exercise. It may depend on what your body is used to, what your metabolic rate is, though, as several people here have done strenuous exercise throughout Phase 1. Talk to your coach. Also, muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are building some muscle, it could be disguising the fat loss (on the scale).

Make sure there are no added things in any of the frozen products - the steamers are fine, but just plain frozen brocoli is cheaper.

I always had my snack at night. It felt like a dessert that way...

Don't worry about starting a thread - this board is so big and overwhelming at times, that the only way to get noticed is to start a thread!

Good luck to you!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/145

Height: 5'6"

Good questions, Ive been wondering a lot myself. Its so nice to have veterans on IP around when you have a question.
saintsbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 179.5/161.5/135

Height: 5 ft 4 in

More questions...

What about :
1. Pickles
2. Sugar free ketchup
3. And how much coffee with a dash of skim milk can we have

I really enjoy having a second cup of coffee.
I appreciate hearing about people's experiences.
Luba
Luba123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 179.5/161.5/135

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Default bump

Bump
Luba123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #8  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luba123 View Post
More questions...

What about :
1. Pickles
2. Sugar free ketchup
3. And how much coffee with a dash of skim milk can we have

I really enjoy having a second cup of coffee.
I appreciate hearing about people's experiences.
Luba

Hi Luba,

As I understand it: Dill pickles are great and are counted as part of your regular vegetable allotment per day. (2 c at lunch, 2 c at dinner.)

Ketchup? Only if you can find 0 carb, 0 sugar, 0 calorie ketchup. I haven't found it yet, but Walden Farms might have this.

3. We are allowed 1 oz. of skim milk in the coffee. I would think that is one cup of coffee. You can drink more coffee, but it would have to be black, then. I have heard that you need to drink more water (1 c for every c of coffee) if you drink coffee.

Hope that helps.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote