Old 06-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #1  

Default IP Alternative & PCOS

Alright, so this is my first post.

My name is Jamila.

I'm finishing my sixth week into Nashua (although I follow everything to the 'T' as though I am doing Ideal Protein), and have lost a total of 17 pounds. My next weigh-in is actually tomorrow so might be more... hey I'm being positive.
I'm not working with a doctor - actually with my mom who does my weigh-in's and measurements.. but things have been going good so far. She does the actual IP with her doctor, so she has also worked as my mentor.

On another note, I also have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (a mild case, per my doctor). Three days ago I was actually taken off my medication, which is so relieving! No more metformin or spironolactone! Having said that, I think I am losing weight at a slower rate then most those whom I've heard/read about.
Though I am not complaining, it does suck.. let's be honest.
I started out at 200, with 220 being my highest weight ever. So being in the low 180's is really awesome!

I'm wondering if anyone else has been doing IP (or alt.) and also has PCOS.
What is your experience? How are you doing? How long have you been doing it? What were your struggles?

Thank you =]

Last edited by Spookie Bear; 06-03-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Spookie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #2  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

I supposedly have PCOS and have for years [I'm 23 now]. I have a hard time with TOM and all of that, along with a few other issues. IP was really good for me for the most part. I lost pretty good and didn't really stall out like on other diets I've tried.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #3  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

I have a severe case of PCOS. I have had it for over 11 years. I quit taking my metformin before starting and still lose decently. I haven't had a cycle in many years, even after taking provera at it's highest dosage. After a few short weeks on IP I got a period. I had to stop IP and do alternatives because I couldn't afford them. I do EAS drinks twice a day and a pure protein bar once a day and I am still doing well. In the 6 weeks I have lost over 25 lbs. I know it isn't as much as most people, but after being told for 11 years I won't lose weight I will take it!!
kmc1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookie Bear View Post

My name is Jamila.

I'm finishing my sixth week into Nashua (although I follow everything to the 'T' as though I am doing Ideal Protein), and have lost a total of 17 pounds. My next weigh-in is actually tomorrow so might be more... hey I'm being positive.
I'm not working with a doctor - actually with my mom who does my weigh-in's and measurements.. but things have been going good so far. She does the actual IP with her doctor, so she has also worked as my mentor.

On another note, I also have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (a mild case, per my doctor). Three days ago I was actually taken off my medication, which is so relieving! No more metformin or spironolactone! Having said that, I think I am losing weight at a slower rate then most those whom I've heard/read about.
I started out at 200, with 220 being my highest weight ever. So being in the low 180's is really awesome!

What is your experience? How are you doing? How long have you been doing it? What were your struggles?

Thank you =]
I am a newbie..I have had PCOS for several years..on weigh in 1 I am down 9 lbs
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookie Bear View Post

My name is Jamila.

Thank you =]
Hey - nice to see you finally got on the forum, check out the daily thread (Ideal Protein) and the 100% forum, lots of good advice and support, you are doing awesome.....:grouph ug:
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #6  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

I was diagnosed with PCOS over 17 years ago and have stuggled with my weight. I was never put on metformin as it aggrivated my stomach. My endo suggested this diet and I do my first weigh in tomorrow so its a long journey for those with PCOS but so worth it.
Tigerlvr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #7  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
I was diagnosed with PCOS over 17 years ago and have stuggled with my weight. I was never put on metformin as it aggrivated my stomach. My endo suggested this diet and I do my first weigh in tomorrow so its a long journey for those with PCOS but so worth it.
good luck w your WI tomorrow!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago and I just started IP 5 days ago. I've lost 4lbs so far. Im interested in seeing how well this works. I've been feeling strange the last few days (very achy and weak). I've also had to cut down on my metformin. It was making me EXTREMELY naseous. Im interested to see how this changes my cycle and my metabolism.
Ticiabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 AM   #9  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

I too was diagnosed with pcos... I stopped taking all my Meds before starting IP... I don't feel like I've had any issues losing weight... It look about 4 month op before I got my first period. But since then I've been regular. I was also put on nuvaring for bithcontrol...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote